Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3800163 times)

BisMarckie

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #25860 on: June 25, 2019, 05:46:24 PM »
Y‘all got some more of that meta-discussion? :aah

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #25861 on: June 25, 2019, 05:46:28 PM »
Crossing Eden getting dragged :dead

Nobody cares about your take on the problem and I don't think anyone in this thread cares about you at all.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-32#post-22216830

Crossing Eden smashing that report button as we speak

why is crossingeden calling out some random dude in some completely unrelated thread?
Are callouts okay now?

mods halp

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #25862 on: June 25, 2019, 05:46:49 PM »
 :juicy

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25863 on: June 25, 2019, 05:46:58 PM »
ERA HAS A PROBLEM FOR GODS SAKE NO ONE IS SAYING "THE OTHER SITES ARE SO MUCH BETTER" BUT YOU GUYS

Prominent Members Damage Control is going really well.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-33#post-22216988
ὕβρις

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #25864 on: June 25, 2019, 05:47:33 PM »
holy shit that dude just got banned, Eden is fine, WTF

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #25865 on: June 25, 2019, 05:49:07 PM »
Y‘all got some more of that meta-discussion? :aah

we didn't even touch on the 10 years without MJ graveyard thread, where the READ MOD POST is "I dunno if was a paedophile, but we're gonna ban people who say he was AND people who say he wasn't, READ MODPOST THREADMARK"

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25866 on: June 25, 2019, 05:49:19 PM »
holy shit that dude just got banned, Eden is fine, WTF

It begins.
ὕβρις

Averon

« Reply #25867 on: June 25, 2019, 05:50:02 PM »
Did Crossing Eden and Red Mercy get direct orders from the mods on Discord to run interference or something? You already have SweetNicole for that.

BisMarckie

« Reply #25868 on: June 25, 2019, 05:50:24 PM »
Hillary: Seth Rich::ResetERA:Etika

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #25869 on: June 25, 2019, 05:50:30 PM »
+1 week delay to posting in the IGOR thread
:rage
每天生气

Ghoul

« Reply #25870 on: June 25, 2019, 05:50:56 PM »
I mean on Era even the women have dicks most of the time, that's a lot of cock that needs to get sucked.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25871 on: June 25, 2019, 05:51:03 PM »
The harder ResetEra LLC squeezes on that thread, the more they confirm the problem. They're stuck. I bet they don't even blame themselves, they probably blame The Bire and KF for covertly agitating the plebs by talking about them.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #25872 on: June 25, 2019, 05:52:22 PM »
My guess is that moderators want to avoid abuse. It's my understanding that for NeoGAF there was actually a lot of harassment going on behind the scenes.

That's what we always said !

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-33#post-22217075
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #25873 on: June 25, 2019, 05:53:17 PM »
+1 week delay to posting in the IGOR thread
:rage

Tell me what IGOR means you fuckers

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #25874 on: June 25, 2019, 05:53:23 PM »
Every voice in that thread against moderation is now on a *list*. They'll now get banned for the weakest shit, mark my words. Inflammatory history of history and all that jazz.

Ghoul

« Reply #25875 on: June 25, 2019, 05:53:26 PM »
Jar0d (called out crossingeden) banned but no message as to why????

:hans1

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25876 on: June 25, 2019, 05:55:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-35#post-22217559
Doesn't count when you have an axe to grind with a community. If someone where to cross reference all of the posts in the last thread with this one they'd likely not find a majority crossover, however that doesn't fit the narrative of "Era is a terrible place that doesn't care about mental illness."
VALID CRITICISM DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE THEM

paprikastaude

« Reply #25877 on: June 25, 2019, 05:56:23 PM »
imagine your life. except you are crossingeden

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #25878 on: June 25, 2019, 05:57:59 PM »
Also, to bridge to a serious note, you would think this would serve as an insight to mental health issues rather than ego protecting.

Also, some of the people who post here are edgelord morons who post some really dumb shit.

HEY FUCK YOU!

My posts here are well thought out and thoroughly reesearched.

BisMarckie

« Reply #25879 on: June 25, 2019, 05:58:15 PM »

Also, some of the people who post here are edgelord morons who post some really dumb shit.

I knew threatening to kill Glen for denying that Lasagna are noodles was a bit too much.

I am sorry dad. :goty2

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25880 on: June 25, 2019, 06:01:22 PM »
No one wants to be too edgy, I hear that can cause you to kill yourself.

anime tits

« Reply #25881 on: June 25, 2019, 06:01:44 PM »
Professional attention getter does things that look like typical 2019 negative viral tactics

A bunch of understandably jaded folks call it as such

And whatever happened to the resetera "guy says one slur and he's #canceled for life" rule

He kills himself because he wasn't taking care of himself and while negativity wasn't good, positivity was not going to help either

Resetera: "Let's make this about ourselves and have a thread about ourselves in his honor"

another day in the life of neogaf 2 :tauntaun

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #25882 on: June 25, 2019, 06:03:17 PM »
Hillary: Seth Rich::ResetERA:Etika
:pimp

Propagandhim

« Reply #25883 on: June 25, 2019, 06:03:21 PM »

ERA is the most empathetic board on the internet.
But we can always do better. Inevitably there have been failures — the way those cruel mobs were allowed to continue unchecked being one failure that may have directly or indirectly contributed to Etika's death. But we can learn from that by having a discussion about how we do things here. We won't improve if we act like we're already the best.

:camby

stufte

« Reply #25884 on: June 25, 2019, 06:03:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/post-22217738

Also, since they wanna watch us since they have nothing better to do:

Fuck you NeoGAF

Fuck you Evilore you dork boy sexual predator

I’m glad you permabanned me after calling your ass out. Just remember no matter how shitty Era gets, at least we aren’t your garbage asses.

Resetera: A less shitty NeoGAF

high bar. lol

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25885 on: June 25, 2019, 06:04:10 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-35#post-22217738
Also, since they wanna watch us since they have nothing better to do:

Fuck you NeoGAF

Fuck you Evilore you dork boy sexual predator

I’m glad you permabanned me after calling your ass out. Just remember no matter how shitty Era gets, at least we aren’t your garbage asses.
At least NeoGAF doesn't have a kill count

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #25886 on: June 25, 2019, 06:05:06 PM »
The harder ResetEra LLC squeezes on that thread, the more they confirm the problem. They're stuck. I bet they don't even blame themselves, they probably blame The Bire and KF for covertly agitating the plebs by talking about them.
just like the crooked dems blaming the russians  :trumps

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #25887 on: June 25, 2019, 06:06:15 PM »
Etika will be the Franz Ferdinand of gaming

stufte

« Reply #25889 on: June 25, 2019, 06:07:43 PM »

Ghoul

« Reply #25890 on: June 25, 2019, 06:08:28 PM »
CrossingEden mod soon right? Tone policing the fuck out of anyone and everyone. I think they need their fat dirty hog sucked.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #25892 on: June 25, 2019, 06:13:31 PM »
Did Crossing Eden and Red Mercy get direct orders from the mods on Discord to run interference or something? You already have SweetNicole for that.

I imagine those dickheads are just worried that they could lose their privilege of being allowed to shit up every thread

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #25893 on: June 25, 2019, 06:16:47 PM »
This is more special fellow and offputting than showergate.

The mass banning is hitting the wrong people, and everyone is seeing that happen in real time.
OH!

parallax

« Reply #25894 on: June 25, 2019, 06:18:09 PM »
Does era actually care about this dude dying? Or is this another bout of moral grandstanding?

How did they react to that totalbiscuit guy dying?

EightBitNate

« Reply #25895 on: June 25, 2019, 06:19:18 PM »
Does era actually care about this dude dying? Or is this another bout of moral grandstanding?

They were actually pretty upset when TB died. A few months later though it was acceptable to call him a shithead. I imagine the same thing will happen.

nudemacusers

« Reply #25896 on: June 25, 2019, 06:20:18 PM »
Thread is wild. Good ol transparency in action.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #25897 on: June 25, 2019, 06:20:26 PM »
Crossing Eden and Red Mercy brown-nosing it up in that thread is both pathetic and hilarious  :lol
REE mods may not get fruit baskets, but at least they get to save money on wet wipes.

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25898 on: June 25, 2019, 06:20:39 PM »
i'm speaking from the perspective of the marginalized and their reaction to seeing vitriolic posts on social media.
you know who's marginalized? dead people.

nudemacusers

« Reply #25899 on: June 25, 2019, 06:21:44 PM »
Do we know if Etika voted for Hilary? Has he ever worked as a coal miner?
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

stufte

« Reply #25900 on: June 25, 2019, 06:22:12 PM »

Averon

« Reply #25901 on: June 25, 2019, 06:22:41 PM »

They were whining that he didn't spent his final, cancer ridden days on his knees apologizing for not being tougher on GG. I specifically remember one user lamenting why he's isn't on Twitter apologizing to everyone he "hurt."

No, I'm not kidding or making hyperbole.

parallax

« Reply #25902 on: June 25, 2019, 06:22:47 PM »

They were actually pretty upset when TB died. A few months later though it was acceptable to call him a shithead. I imagine the same thing will happen.

that would be tragically hilarious.

They were whining that he didn't spent his final, cancer ridden days on his knees apologizing for not being tougher on GG. I specifically remember one user lamenting why he's isn't on Twitter apologizing to everyone he "hurt."

as he was dying?

« Reply #25903 on: June 25, 2019, 06:23:16 PM »

caring *clap clap* about mental health *clap clap clap* is *clap* to associate yourself *clap clap clap clap clap* with bad faith actors *clap clap* and while it doesn't necessarily mean your not acting in bad faith *clap clap clap* it means you're on the side of bad faith *clap clap clap* and why would you want to *clap clap* put yourself in that position unless *clap clap* you're suspect *clap*
the sound nicoles fake flaps make when they walk

Ghoul

« Reply #25904 on: June 25, 2019, 06:25:29 PM »
don't worry gang, on my death bed I'll be sure to be posting to you all on twitter about how fucking sorry I am for you all having to deal with my autism.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #25905 on: June 25, 2019, 06:25:32 PM »
As staff we should in fact have paid more attention to and done better with the initial thread, and that's something we've been agonizing over for days. We do usually moderate mental health topics much more vigilantly and that did not happen in this case. We regret that enormously and it's taken a personal toll on all of us.

We do not usually retroactively revisit old threads to issue a lot of bans, but this is an unprecedented situation and we feel it is both appropriate to correct a mistake and also the best way for the community to heal. We will be reviewing the thread again. We have to balance what was known at the time with what is never appropriate, but the bans will not be short.

At the end of the day we are a small team of volunteers trying to keep up with a massive community as best we can. We are members as well and we feel the same things you do.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/post-22218229

Retroactive bans incoming

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25906 on: June 25, 2019, 06:25:45 PM »
At the end of the day we are a small team of volunteers trying to keep up with a massive community as best we can. We are members as well and we feel the same things you do.

:popular :ego
🤴

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25907 on: June 25, 2019, 06:26:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-36#post-22218229 (https://archive.vn/boIok)
As staff we should in fact have paid more attention to and done better with the initial thread, and that's something we've been agonizing over for days. We do usually moderate mental health topics much more vigilantly and that did not happen in this case. We regret that enormously and it's taken a personal toll on all of us.

We do not usually retroactively revisit old threads to issue a lot of bans, but this is an unprecedented situation and we feel it is both appropriate to correct a mistake and also the best way for the community to heal. We will be reviewing the thread again. We have to balance what was known at the time with what is never appropriate, but the bans will not be short.

Bruh, you retroactively ban people for shit all the time. It was your own mod who posted shit. It's your prominent members who have been trained by your own moderator-enforced culture to dehumanize Etika, and engage in the exact same rhetoric that finally pushed him over the edge. This wasn't a case of you not enforcing up to your standards, these are your standards. What's going to happen if someone like Colin Mariety, JonTron, PewDiePie, Notch, Palmer Luckey or Tim Soret kills himself? That's good, right?

Boredfrom

« Reply #25908 on: June 25, 2019, 06:27:19 PM »

That is some pretty big ass BS.

Averon

« Reply #25909 on: June 25, 2019, 06:27:36 PM »

that would be tragically hilarious.

as he was dying?

Yes. Like, the man's dying from cancer. Have a couple weeks left to live at most, and these galaxy brains think he should be on fucking Twitter apologizing instead of, you know, fucking spending the last moments of his life with family and friends.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:36:41 PM by Averon »

EightBitNate

« Reply #25910 on: June 25, 2019, 06:27:36 PM »
Are more bans even a good thing at this point

Why are bans the answer to everything

Ghoul

« Reply #25911 on: June 25, 2019, 06:27:48 PM »
do these mods think they're Benji Sales community managers??

stufte

« Reply #25912 on: June 25, 2019, 06:28:32 PM »

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #25913 on: June 25, 2019, 06:29:00 PM »
Can FinaleFuhrer top his last personal record of banning 28 people in the same four page thread?
每天生气

« Reply #25914 on: June 25, 2019, 06:29:11 PM »
yes the answer is stricter moderation, of course

Boredfrom

« Reply #25915 on: June 25, 2019, 06:30:29 PM »

Because is the trolls fault, and not the mods fostering a shitty community.

EightBitNate

« Reply #25916 on: June 25, 2019, 06:32:15 PM »

Because is the trolls fault, and not the mods fostering a shitty community.

Wonder if Crossing Eden will catch a ban for defending the trolling

ResetBanBot

« Reply #25917 on: June 25, 2019, 06:33:01 PM »
I got called out https://www.resetera.com/threads/nypd-on-twitter-we-regret-to-inform-that-desmond-amofah-aka-etika-has-been-found-deceased-see-guidelines-before-posting.125500/page-37#post-22218436 (https://archive.fo/17tCC)

Did you hear that guys? I'm reading one of the most poppin' threads in the history of ResetEra. I'm even commenting on it. Drop a link to the site next time you wanna give me a shout-out.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #25918 on: June 25, 2019, 06:33:18 PM »
LMAO Dennis still posting in that shithole I see

thank you!

Thank you for being dickheads and banning us you guys  8)  :D
🤴

stufte

« Reply #25919 on: June 25, 2019, 06:33:42 PM »