Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3792751 times)

marrec

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #2820 on: March 15, 2019, 10:53:15 AM »

You did not get banned for the post where you called arresting them extreme;  you are lying.

Why you got an inside source? I got banned for daring to call an extremist position extreme without assuaging their feelings.

It ain't even that deep ERA mods are gunna ERA.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2821 on: March 15, 2019, 10:53:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/major-active-shooting-going-on-in-christchurch-nz-up6-4-suspects-in-custody-49-confirmed-dead-read-threadmarks.105436/post-18875233
Quote from: DigitalOp
Even when the terror is in New Zealand......

America is still strangely in the center around this...

American Right Wing Ideology and Hate Speech fueling this psychotic attack.

American tech companies allowing this rehtoric to spread 100% unchecked because it generates their income off an active and hateful userbase.

American White Supremacy ideals being adopted by foreign nation's populace in solidarity...

American Bigotry against Islam and Muslims exported globally since 2001...

No matter what, America is always involved and relevant to violence and hatred that takes place on a global scale.

« Reply #2822 on: March 15, 2019, 10:54:00 AM »
I'm all for security. More security paid for by the government. Religious buildings should be protected like how government building are protected.
this whole site has gone insane

"We need guns to protect our churches! No we arent exactly as insane as the far right, stop with that inflammatory false equivalence"

BisMarckie

« Reply #2823 on: March 15, 2019, 10:57:02 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/major-active-shooting-going-on-in-christchurch-nz-up6-4-suspects-in-custody-49-confirmed-dead-read-threadmarks.105436/post-18875233

American tech companies allowing this rehtoric to spread 100% unchecked because it generates their income off an active and hateful userbase.

American White Supremacy ideals being adopted by foreign nation's populace in solidarity...

No matter what, America is always involved and relevant to violence and hatred that takes place on a global scale.

I thought we were the nation that exported ideologies. :goty2

marrec

« Reply #2824 on: March 15, 2019, 10:57:47 AM »

You did not get banned for the post where you called arresting them extreme;  you are lying.

Why you got an inside source? I got banned for daring to call an extremist position extreme without assuaging their feelings.

It ain't even that deep ERA mods are gunna ERA.

You got accused of equating 8chan's extremen-ness to the suggestion that they all be arrested...

You then decided it was a good idea to say "Yes, I am equating those 2 things."

Which is the post that got you banned, not the one where you called arresting everyone on 8chan extreme.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/major-active-shooting-going-on-in-christchurch-nz-up6-4-suspects-in-custody-49-confirmed-dead-read-threadmarks.105436/page-56#post-18873854

And yes, doing extreme things is equal to doing extreme things.

You really are dense if you didn't think this would get you banned.

Trolls cheering on a mass shooting on troll website is actually LESS extreme than arresting everyone who posts on said website and I'll say it a-fuckin-gain once I'm unbanned.

benjipwns

« Reply #2825 on: March 15, 2019, 10:58:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-have-a-conversation-about-youtubers-a-megathread.103119/
[WARNING: The following contains descriptions of, and direct links to, offensive writings, utterances, & behaviors of various forms & subject matter.]
For one example, there is the Era-favorite videogamedunkey. Dunkey's toxicity (especially as it relates to competitive online games like League of Legends) is fairly well-known in the gaming community. Most famously, there was an incident in 2017 where he called members of his chat the F-word (no, not "fuck"). He has also made repeated use of the R-word in past videos, and has even rapped the N-word, despite being white. Dunkey received immediate backlash during his F-word stream, including from his own wife. However, to my knowledge, he has never formally addressed or apologized for these incidents, and is still guilty of the occasional "slip" of ableist or phobic language from time to time.
At the time of this thread’s posting, OneyPlays, Markiplier, James Rolfe, and Doug Walker have not given any response. However, we will update this note as soon as any such responses come in.

Videogamedunkey does not have a public email address or contact form; however, his merch website, DunkeysCastle, does. We reached out to the vendor requesting that our contact information be forwarded on to Dunkey, so that, if he so wished, he could contact us to provide a response via a means of his choosing. However, we have not yet received any response to this request.

We have not reached out to PewDiePie, JonTron, or Mike Matei, as they have already made their views on the incidents referenced in this thread well known.

oh, i didn't know ASaiyan already made this

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2826 on: March 15, 2019, 10:58:36 AM »
Trolls cheering on a mass shooting on troll website is actually LESS extreme than arresting everyone who posts on said website and I'll say it a-fuckin-gain once I'm unbanned.

:salute

benjipwns

« Reply #2827 on: March 15, 2019, 11:01:43 AM »
Today a mass shooting was carried out at a pair of mosques in New Zealand. Up to 60 people may have been injured, and multiple people lost their lives. One of the shooters broadcast his rampage on Facebook Live, and claimed to have been "inspired by PewDiePie".

I want to say that when we made this thread I realized just how serious an impact YouTube creators had on everyday life, but I didn't. I never expected to read a news story quite like this. As unbelievable and shocking as it is for me to type, literal human lives are now at stake in this discussion.

I think, now more than ever, this thread and the questions it sought to solicit answers to are of the utmost importance to we of ResetEra and everything we stand for. How can we stop the spread of hatred and incitement to violence in the gaming community? What should we do?
kys

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2828 on: March 15, 2019, 11:04:45 AM »

He's laying the ground work for future just waiting for the library to open tourism in countries such as Thailand and Indonesia

BisMarckie

« Reply #2829 on: March 15, 2019, 11:04:45 AM »
Would be nice for the site to have an official banned list.

Pewdiepie
THQ Nordic
Atlus
Play Asia
reddit
twitter
Jeff Gerstmann
Serbia

DO IT YOU COWARDS :bolo

Boredfrom

« Reply #2830 on: March 15, 2019, 11:06:16 AM »
What did Jeff do this time?

SantaC

« Reply #2831 on: March 15, 2019, 11:06:33 AM »
Reseteras favorite hate objects

PDP
Notch
THQ Nordic

They fuel their anger for a lifetime

marrec

« Reply #2832 on: March 15, 2019, 11:06:40 AM »

I don't disagree.

I want to apologize for implying you were selectively reading.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2833 on: March 15, 2019, 11:06:43 AM »
Jodie Foster doesn't get enough shit for her failed presidential assassination, tbh

BisMarckie

« Reply #2834 on: March 15, 2019, 11:07:42 AM »
What did Jeff do this time?

Assassinated the Austrian Archduke Franz Ferdinand to start Gamergate.

And 8.8. :gurl

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2835 on: March 15, 2019, 11:08:17 AM »
I guess this varies between countries, because as I said in my edit, 95% of stuff extreme right wingers do here is concerned with the third Reich. Glorifying the Wehrmacht and absolving it of any crimes is the most popular historical revisionism.
Nobody seems to care about the Kaiser or Bismarck anymore. :fbm
Used to be more common when Politically Incorrect was the nexus for all this stuff.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politically_Incorrect_(blog)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2836 on: March 15, 2019, 11:13:39 AM »
Police serve capitalists, not people. They protect capital and capitalists. For example, an alarm goes off at a bank, multiple cops show up immediately to protect paper, but someone breaks into your average person's house, they might not even show up.

not american, but :dunno

BisMarckie

« Reply #2837 on: March 15, 2019, 11:14:42 AM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #2838 on: March 15, 2019, 11:17:49 AM »
Currently reading some Twitter messages like “oh Felix it’s not your fault, he could’ve named any random person...”. Well, I really wonder why the terrorist didn’t mention another person then. Imagine being dense enough to defend PDP as if he cares to begin with. He’s a millionaire in a mansion who is so disconnected from reality that he doesn’t care about anything.

:doge

While he is probably dirty rich dunno if he is Notch rich.

SantaC

« Reply #2839 on: March 15, 2019, 11:22:07 AM »
So era is a bunch of hypocrites, there is no boycott for DQ11 despite eras high morale stance.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2840 on: March 15, 2019, 11:23:04 AM »
Or you could wash your hands of the place and find something better to do. We would cheer you on for that, too.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #2841 on: March 15, 2019, 11:23:09 AM »
Currently reading some Twitter messages like “oh Felix it’s not your fault, he could’ve named any random person...”. Well, I really wonder why the terrorist didn’t mention another person then. Imagine being dense enough to defend PDP as if he cares to begin with. He’s a millionaire in a mansion who is so disconnected from reality that he doesn’t care about anything.

:doge

While he is probably dirty rich dunno if he is Notch rich.

He isn't notch rich. But dude made easily 50m dollars and got a house like this..

marrec

« Reply #2842 on: March 15, 2019, 11:25:35 AM »
Or you could wash your hands of the place and find something better to do. We would cheer you on for that, too.

I like it when mods step on my cyber balls

Occam

« Reply #2843 on: March 15, 2019, 11:27:47 AM »
Hey marrec, you keep ignoring my question. I am genuinely interested, why do you keep going back to Resetera after each ban? What is the point? It must have occurred to you by now that trying to reason with those people is an exercise in futility.

benjipwns

« Reply #2844 on: March 15, 2019, 11:28:59 AM »
We would cheer you on for that, too.
don't make grandiose promises buster

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2845 on: March 15, 2019, 11:29:07 AM »
Are you guys still fighting? :tocry

I don't hold grudges lol

I masturbated to your wife once.

Good thing you don't hold grudges or anything...

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2846 on: March 15, 2019, 11:29:41 AM »

I like it when mods step on my cyber balls
Legit reason, joke or not. :larry

benjipwns

« Reply #2847 on: March 15, 2019, 11:31:08 AM »
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying hate speech.

There are many outlets around the world debating if Fornite could have inspired the way he portrayed the act...

It's just mesmerizing to me how people are capable to make death trivial in order to use it as a weapon towards things they dislike instead of focusing on the important matter, a supremacist terrorism act and the escalating movement from those people, who are less and less scared from executing these acts and thanks to the internet are establishing connections across countries while gaining presence in actual governments thanks to conservative parties doing all they can to keep in charge and plundering their countries.

With this thread resetEra is proving to be no different, putting the focus of this tragedy in fucking pewdiepie, especially after he's condoned the tragedy... It's upsetting. I don't even understand how moderation has allowed the title to be this, in the most sensationalist and judgemental fashion possible.
And before someone comes with that bullshit about "we talk about him because we are a gaming forum", no. This is just a distasteful way to use a tragedy to keep the hate on him.

Some should take a look at themselves and think if their not becoming what they're fighting against...

benjipwns

« Reply #2848 on: March 15, 2019, 11:31:44 AM »

marrec

« Reply #2849 on: March 15, 2019, 11:33:14 AM »
Hey marrec, you keep ignoring my question. I am genuinely interested, why do you keep going back to Resetera after each ban? What is the point? It must have occurred to you by now that trying to reason with those people is an exercise in futility.

I liked GAF, by transitive property of the internet I like ERA, I think there are some genuinely insightful people on ERA. Since I like the place, I feel kinda bad about seeing it become a hotbed of leftist extremism.

I just want a popular video game forum that is also left leaning which doesn't devolve into fascist rhetoric, is that too much to ask?

benjipwns

« Reply #2850 on: March 15, 2019, 11:34:37 AM »
Why dont you get on your real account and tell use how you really feel?
why aren't the mods cleaning up any of this shit in threads during their sleepless nights fighting back the evil hordes of Nazis who need to take a two week break and then can come back having learned their lesson about supporting a genocidal death cult

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2851 on: March 15, 2019, 11:35:48 AM »
We would cheer you on for that, too.
don't make grandiose promises buster
[insert equivocating misanthropy]
Think of it as a like severance package.

Speaking of, their reaction reminds me of this thread's reaction to Amirox being revealed to have been a pedo. Some genuinely hoped/demanded for it to be the catalyst for change over on GAF. :heh

The magnitudes are completely different of course, but [more misanthropy].

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2852 on: March 15, 2019, 11:36:09 AM »
Where is that guy that posted Yura Kuramoci pics when you need him.

:nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #2853 on: March 15, 2019, 11:37:03 AM »
Quote from: Moderator plagarize
This terrorist told people to watch Pew Die Pie for the same reason UKIP (a borderline white supremacist political party in the UK) told people to do the same thing four days ago.

Because whether he agrees with their actions or not, he promotes the same rhetoric they believe in.

Everyone defending, normalizing, or boosting the rhetoric, needs to take a look at themselves. And they need to stop. Every website providing safe harbor to these racist trolls needs to pull their hosting.
Alright, I will be contacting ResetERA.com's hosts about the racist trolls that are overrunning the site as evidenced by the bans in this thread. Also the moderators admission of an inability to combat the problem.

Propagandhim

« Reply #2854 on: March 15, 2019, 11:38:07 AM »
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying hate speech.

There are many outlets around the world debating if Fornite could have inspired the way he portrayed the act...

It's just mesmerizing to me how people are capable to make death trivial in order to use it as a weapon towards things they dislike instead of focusing on the important matter, a supremacist terrorism act and the escalating movement from those people, who are less and less scared from executing these acts and thanks to the internet are establishing connections across countries while gaining presence in actual governments thanks to conservative parties doing all they can to keep in charge and plundering their countries.

With this thread resetEra is proving to be no different, putting the focus of this tragedy in fucking pewdiepie, especially after he's condoned the tragedy... It's upsetting. I don't even understand how moderation has allowed the title to be this, in the most sensationalist and judgemental fashion possible.
And before someone comes with that bullshit about "we talk about him because we are a gaming forum", no. This is just a distasteful way to use a tragedy to keep the hate on him.

Some should take a look at themselves and think if their not becoming what they're fighting against...

How the fuck do you ban someone like this

benjipwns

« Reply #2855 on: March 15, 2019, 11:39:51 AM »
When you're instantly banning any user who makes a post that seems to be suggesting that PewDiePie does not "support ethnic cleansing and murder consistently" as indicated by a prior ban message. Despite the extensive history of proof provided in the ... well, I'm sure it's somewhere.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2856 on: March 15, 2019, 11:41:01 AM »
You're not allowed to interrupt a circlejerk. Them's the rules.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2857 on: March 15, 2019, 11:42:47 AM »

I liked GAF, by transitive property of the internet I like ERA, I think there are some genuinely insightful people on ERA. Since I like the place, I feel kinda bad about seeing it become a hotbed of leftist extremism.

I just want a popular video game forum that is also left leaning which doesn't devolve into fascist rhetoric, is that too much to ask?

That's not what I read on resetera

Occam

« Reply #2858 on: March 15, 2019, 11:43:18 AM »

l know what you mean but Resetera is not that place. The spiral of insanity is getting worse, not better. There is nothing you can do to slow the descent into madness. I also don't think there is anyone left worthy of having a debate with; they drove away all rational and intelligent posters long ago.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2859 on: March 15, 2019, 11:43:48 AM »
Is Cerium aware that if you ban 10% of your users, ad money goes down?
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #2860 on: March 15, 2019, 11:43:58 AM »
why can't they hate him for good old fashion reasons like how much he sucks or how he's maybe mentally re-tarded, why everybody gotta be a nazi

marrec

« Reply #2861 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:04 AM »
why can't they hate him for good old fashion reasons like how much he sucks

Because hating someone for sucking isn't going to get them deplatformed and give that sick endorphin rush that comes from feeling like you have power over someone.

10centtacos

« Reply #2862 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:44 AM »
I’ve liked two Marrec posts today. What is going on?  :hhh

marrec

« Reply #2863 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:50 AM »
Although maybe if we equate sucking with the alt-right...

benjipwns

« Reply #2864 on: March 15, 2019, 11:46:22 AM »
no, i'm pretty sure that's what happened with assimilate

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2865 on: March 15, 2019, 11:46:37 AM »
BAN ATLUS
BAN THQ
BAN FF9
BAN CDPR
BAN REDLETTERMEDIA
BAN THE WORD BOYS
BAN SMASHBROS
BAN YOUTUBE
BAN MEMES

DO IT ALREADY YOU COWARDS

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2866 on: March 15, 2019, 11:46:40 AM »
Now we have to deal with the snaggle toothed fuck and pedotous jerking each other off for the next two weeks. Lovely :goty2

Top of page:
#Free.Cream
Margs

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2867 on: March 15, 2019, 11:48:12 AM »
 :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

:mouf

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #2868 on: March 15, 2019, 11:48:26 AM »
Quote from: Moderator plagarize
This terrorist told people to watch Pew Die Pie for the same reason UKIP (a borderline white supremacist political party in the UK) told people to do the same thing four days ago.

Because whether he agrees with their actions or not, he promotes the same rhetoric they believe in.

Everyone defending, normalizing, or boosting the rhetoric, needs to take a look at themselves. And they need to stop. Every website providing safe harbor to these racist trolls needs to pull their hosting.
Alright, I will be contacting ResetERA.com's hosts about the racist trolls that are overrunning the site as evidenced by the bans in this thread. Also the moderators admission of an inability to combat the problem.

But... he doesn't. Do they think he talks about white genocide or horrible immigrants all day long?  They never repeat what stupid shit he has actually done because then one might realise that, while shitty, it's nothing that might promote or endorse mass shootings

benjipwns

« Reply #2869 on: March 15, 2019, 11:48:26 AM »
Lol this hapa who loathes his Asian half. Pathetic.
You're going to bring an individuals race into a post? Really? What's wrong with you?
I mean, they’re just saying he’s (at best) supporting a white supremacist while not being white.

ahh, community policing again

benjipwns

« Reply #2870 on: March 15, 2019, 11:50:01 AM »
Like moths to a flame, these people simply cannot resist the pull. A mass amount of innocent people were slaughtered and yet...
PDP has fans. They probably consider this a "raid" lol.

Just so everyone checking in and reporting back to various "places", I've seen fucking raids. This is a pathetic shadow of one.
how cute

marrec

« Reply #2871 on: March 15, 2019, 11:51:27 AM »
A mass amount of innocent people were slaughtered and yet PDP still walks the streets!

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2872 on: March 15, 2019, 11:52:21 AM »
I’ve liked two Marrec posts today. What is going on?  :hhh
Do me a favour and change your avatar URL from https to http. That'll make your avatar show up.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2873 on: March 15, 2019, 11:53:14 AM »
marrec you should be more afraid of being labelled a suppressive person by the resetera staff.

benjipwns

« Reply #2874 on: March 15, 2019, 11:54:21 AM »
what are they going to do? arrest him for having an account on a website they don't like?

Propagandhim

« Reply #2875 on: March 15, 2019, 11:55:07 AM »

My god, these people suck so hard.

benjipwns

« Reply #2876 on: March 15, 2019, 11:56:45 AM »
But... he doesn't. Do they think he talks about white genocide or horrible immigrants all day long?  They never repeat what stupid shit he has actually done because then one might realise that, while shitty, it's nothing that might promote or endorse mass shootings
Uh, they'd never watch that hateful Nazi shit, wtf man.

marrec

« Reply #2877 on: March 15, 2019, 11:58:57 AM »
marrec you should be more afraid of being labelled a suppressive person by the resetera staff.

For real tho?

I guess they might organize a doxxing campaign to try and get me fired like they've done before...

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2878 on: March 15, 2019, 11:59:06 AM »
what are they going to do? arrest him for having an account on a website they don't like?

They'll force Fiction to disown him and cut him out of her life, if she doesn't she's 'suspect'. Or worse, a non-ally!

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2879 on: March 15, 2019, 11:59:29 AM »

Yes.
Just wait till we elect Harris.
ὕβρις