Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3797874 times)

marrec

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #4800 on: March 22, 2019, 02:20:51 PM »
I keep reading splc as spic.

I keep reading Senior as Señor, my excuse is I've been watching House of Flowers in Netflix tho :idont

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #4801 on: March 22, 2019, 02:21:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-alt-right-playbook-always-a-bigger-fish.107012/

I can't wait to digitally self-flagellate by watching this, typing up a detailed and sincere response to various issues and concerns I have with the presented content, only to be accused of tone-policing and concern trolling.

Mmh, hurt me good leftist twitter.

OOF, those are some cringe logic videos.

If y'all ever wonder why some of these fools all make the same logic mistakes, it's because they treat YouTube trash like this as gospel.

Of course the thread is by RedMercury. He's the kind of person that seems to do nothing but repeat what he heard someone else say

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #4802 on: March 22, 2019, 02:30:39 PM »
Is “bub” gender specific?
Oi Oi

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #4803 on: March 22, 2019, 02:33:08 PM »
James Howlett annihilated.
Oi Oi

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #4804 on: March 22, 2019, 02:33:14 PM »
Is “bub” gender specific?

Yes, and I'd like you to please stop using it now. I'm not going to tell you why though, and don't ask. Sealion.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #4806 on: March 22, 2019, 02:40:47 PM »

I think Hebrew Wolverine would do ok.

Shalom, Bub.
Oi Oi

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4807 on: March 22, 2019, 02:45:03 PM »
Lets see the brainiacs at Era solve this one

https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-does-one-solve-the-problem-of-indie-games-not-being-up-front-and-center.107042/

First response.

The only way I see to get around the fact that a shitload of good games are being released these days is to work toward a more dignified society where individual developers no longer need their game to win the viral roulette in order to be able to afford health care and a roof over their head. 🤷

That's not even a solution. Making cash isn't the only reason why you'd want your work to be successful and reach as many people as possible

marrec

« Reply #4808 on: March 22, 2019, 02:45:31 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #4809 on: March 22, 2019, 02:45:32 PM »
Indie devs should unionize. :smug

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #4810 on: March 22, 2019, 02:47:49 PM »

:punch

:snore

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4811 on: March 22, 2019, 02:48:46 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I think Hebrew Wolverine would do ok.

Shalom, Bub.

omg what is this

:lol

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #4812 on: March 22, 2019, 02:57:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wanted-to-stream-sekiro-for-my-friends-on-xbox-but-sadly-its-blocked-on-both-twitch-and-mixer.107005/#post-19114619
You aren't entitled to stream a game nor should they have to cater to people who think they do, though. You can do your research about the game, no need for a disclaimer for .0001% of people who have this concern.
:lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tim-sweeney-epic-games-store-is-making-the-industry-better-but-gamers-dont-see-that.106976/page-2#post-19112143
It seems only when it comes to Epic Game Store is trickle down economics a viable discussion point on Era. Any other topic and it's rightfully laughed out of the room.

It would be fucking hilarious that people are parroting these talking points if it wasn't sad and concerning.
big nope. era doesnt care about the idea, they care about the person saying it. try any dem2020 thread.  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tim-sweeney-epic-games-store-is-making-the-industry-better-but-gamers-dont-see-that.106976/page-3#post-19112334
Seems right to me. Why is everyone so pissed around here?

This guys avatar is fucking krazy ken shopped onto a killzone character  :lol :lol herp derp mods

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tim-sweeney-epic-games-store-is-making-the-industry-better-but-gamers-dont-see-that.106976/page-3#post-19112463
Lol Fuck off.

What a lying piece of shit. Why I should believe anything that come from your mouth Tim after all the BS your company pulled. Also I guess, gamers from non-western regions can go fuck themselves with some of your store's bs policies but hey "it's good for the industry!"

LOL

Well at least sweetnicole lets people speak freely about EGS (for now). imagine if you swapped out Tim for e.g. Jason Schreier. Immediate ban for villifying game journos. hey, it would be a shame if people started reporting these posts and they got actioned...

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4813 on: March 22, 2019, 03:08:14 PM »
I hope to god Wolverine is a minority. At least 3 minorities actually.
black, actual midget, trans

Little Person

:hmph

Little Person sounds silly, condescending, patronizing and insulting

But hey Little Person Community you do you

I don't even know the negative connotation of "midget" and dwarf is bad ass
 :idont
Uncle

Occam

« Reply #4814 on: March 22, 2019, 03:19:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/psa-when-eating-yogurt-dont-forget-to-scoop-the-container-with-your-finger-oh-and-also-lick-the-lid.106911/post-19100274

Not sure FernandoRocker is someone I'm going to take #lifehacks from....

PSA: You should absolutely not lick the lid if it's made of aluminum (aka aluminium), because aluminum is neurotoxic (bad for your brain) and contributes to Alzheimer's Disease.

"Aluminum has the ability to produce neurotoxicity by many mechanisms. Excess, insoluble amyloid beta protein (A beta) contributes to AD. Aluminum promotes formation and accumulation of insoluble A beta and hyperphosphorylated tau."

"Avoidance of Al exposure, when practical, seems prudent."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11130287

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #4815 on: March 22, 2019, 03:28:59 PM »
You're gonna have to lick a metric fuckton of yogurt lids every day for a while to even remotely increase the risk of anything.

Jansen

« Reply #4816 on: March 22, 2019, 03:31:02 PM »
I had a few weeks where i was really worried, but thankfully i am now doing ok, i am making about 60% of what i used to make, but at least when i get home and look my girlfriend in the eyes, i know i did the right thing, even thought she never for once told me what i should do and always supports me.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4817 on: March 22, 2019, 03:33:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/psa-when-eating-yogurt-dont-forget-to-scoop-the-container-with-your-finger-oh-and-also-lick-the-lid.106911/post-19100274

PSA: You should absolutely not lick the lid if it's made of aluminum (aka aluminium), because aluminum is neurotoxic (bad for your brain) and contributes to Alzheimer's Disease.

"Aluminum has the ability to produce neurotoxicity by many mechanisms. Excess, insoluble amyloid beta protein (A beta) contributes to AD. Aluminum promotes formation and accumulation of insoluble A beta and hyperphosphorylated tau."

Unless your saliva is made of acid and/or your're not actually eating the actual lid. I think you'll be fine.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4818 on: March 22, 2019, 03:34:42 PM »
They're most likely talking about aluminium in a different form. I can't imagine drinking from a coke can releasing a lot of aluminium. The processed foods inside are probably worse for you.

Occam

« Reply #4819 on: March 22, 2019, 03:35:51 PM »

Unless your saliva is made of acid and/or your're not actually eating the actual lid. I think you'll be fine.
The yogurt is acidic.

marrec

« Reply #4820 on: March 22, 2019, 03:37:08 PM »
I had a few weeks where i was really worried, but thankfully i am now doing ok, i am making about 60% of what i used to make, but at least when i get home and look my girlfriend in the eyes, i know i did the right thing, even thought she never for once told me what i should do and always supports me.

Fuck all of that, imagine dropping 40% of your income because of a joke, if I had to drop every client that made an off-color joke or was otherwise distasteful I'd... well I'd be fired because I don't work independently but you get the idea.

I appreciate dude take a principled stand but I gotta think about me and mine in that kind of situation... unless they made a racist joke then I'd have to say something.

Jansen

« Reply #4822 on: March 22, 2019, 03:39:09 PM »
I've smoked many substances off of aluminum and I'm totes doing fine :ego

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4823 on: March 22, 2019, 03:39:20 PM »

The yogurt is acidic.

I'm gonna accept this as a fact, but not because you told it to me.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4824 on: March 22, 2019, 03:40:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-dropped-my-highest-paying-client-after-a-dinner.107059

i just(a few weeks ago) lost my income from my biggest client who brought in about 30k per year. this might not seem a lot to you,

wut

Jansen

« Reply #4825 on: March 22, 2019, 03:42:06 PM »
Filthy poors thinking 30k is a lot

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4826 on: March 22, 2019, 03:45:37 PM »
lol, he could have told that story without mentioning $30k

Yeah but then he/she couldn't have brought up the 8K refund.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
context
[close]

no I would definitely remembered and probably even went back to start a conversation with why he said it. I think they where asking if i was ok something along the lines of: are you feeling unwell i think, i honestly dont remember it.

CCTV from scene:

:shaking

----

I just realized dude thinks of his clients as his boss and not his customers. So instead of taking dude's money, he gave away whatever work he already did for FREE to a myso no less!

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4827 on: March 22, 2019, 03:48:14 PM »
Aluminium drink cans are coated with an extremely thin layer of epoxy varnish/lacquer that prevents oxidation and protects the beverage from absorbing aluminium taste. riotous is brains and beauty

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #4828 on: March 22, 2019, 03:54:25 PM »
Can’t wait for the thread in 2 weeks where his gf dumps him for forcing them to live in poverty  :doge
Margs

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4829 on: March 22, 2019, 03:54:43 PM »
I wanna put my head in your lap and have you stroke my hair

marrec

« Reply #4830 on: March 22, 2019, 03:58:52 PM »
Wouldn't it be more impactful if they had spoken up at the time and stood up for their principles in the moment?

As it is, the people who were dropped probably just think Redfirm is a crazy unreliable person who wasted their time. Also, refunding the current project money is definitely NOT a way to protect yourself from a lawsuit because damages of a broken contract like this may not just be monetary.

I'm going with a /r/thathappened for this one.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #4831 on: March 22, 2019, 04:01:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-dropped-my-highest-paying-client-after-a-dinner.107059

Sounds like he stiffed the server on a tip and made the client pick it up.  Scum.

Why are youtube timecodes so fucked up on this site?  Jesus christ bork!

sigh

Jansen

« Reply #4833 on: March 22, 2019, 04:09:03 PM »
Quote from: BAD, post: 19122831, member: 935
They’ll know who I am once I post this here so I’ll update you guys if they ban me from the server for sharing this exchange:

This exchange occurred in the Official CDPR CyberPunk 2077 Discord. Some of you may think it’s whatever but I thought the way this topic slid by was disappointing. Does every dev need to make comments on their stances? No - But once asked directly? Should they be willing to take a stance? I think so.

Apolitical stances are a defense of the status quo and they’re far more tiring than the small effort to be progressive.

Let’s talk CD Projekt history-

We know they issued no apology and fired the guy who did the GoG transphobic joke, and it went down allegedly like this (https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-05-troubling-gog-tweets-a-fired-cd-projekt-employee-and-the-spectre-of-gamergate):

That wasn’t the only bad tweet from GoG - they also tweeted a GamerGate supporting meme.

And do recall, CyberPunk 2077’s account tweeted a joke about trans issues as well - and we have no idea what the consequence was for them to correct it internally so that person may still be on the team unless we know otherwise for that account now (https://kotaku.com/cyberpunk-2077-tweets-transphobic-joke-studio-apologiz-1828502562):

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot 3 times, CD Projekt.

But then we get some 2018 CyberPunk 2077 info and there’s troubling screenshots and depictions of minorities. They’re from a womanizing street gang, they’re a criminal technician in your ear, they’re stereotypical convenience store owners and taxi drivers.

This screenshot has come up many times as stereotypical:

So the discussion arises in their discord:

Anyway, first the comment posted there - then the dev response is in red, and the mods are the blue user and the purple user.

Gotta start shit for outrage!!!!!

Jansen

« Reply #4834 on: March 22, 2019, 04:10:51 PM »
Quote from: Titik, post: 19123088, member: 1942
I will always bring this up in any and all CDPR threads. This is a company wide culture at this point.

If you buy thier games, you are supporting a company that gleefully profits off of the marginalization of oppressed minorities. Full stop.

I'll think about this an laff as I enjoy cyberpunk

BIONIC

« Reply #4835 on: March 22, 2019, 04:10:52 PM »
:shaking
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4836 on: March 22, 2019, 04:12:45 PM »
I'm not gonna slight a guy who decided to take a principled stance that cost him a third of his income. I honestly cannot say I would have done the same.
ὕβρις

marrec

« Reply #4837 on: March 22, 2019, 04:19:19 PM »
I'm not gonna slight a guy who decided to take a principled stance that cost him a third of his income. I honestly cannot say I would have done the same.

I'd have had trouble not saying something;  but good lord how sheltered do you have to be to have a literal meltdown where you get pale faced and leave and can barely remember what happened over the next several minutes over sexist rabble?

Not trying to talk shit, but man... has he never heard anything like that?

More fodder for my conspiracy.

There's no way an adult who has had business meetings in the past would be so completely shattered over a banal sexist joke.

I dunno, like I said I appreciate the chutzpah but surely there was a better way to remain principled than that.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #4838 on: March 22, 2019, 04:19:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-alt-right-playbook-always-a-bigger-fish.107012/

I can't wait to digitally self-flagellate by watching this, typing up a detailed and sincere response to various issues and concerns I have with the presented content, only to be accused of tone-policing and concern trolling.

Mmh, hurt me good leftist twitter.

A 5m 17s  that video literally asks, "What if he believes something else," in reference to his strawman conservative.

Theory of mind   :nope

Solipsism  :ohyeah
sigh

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #4839 on: March 22, 2019, 04:20:08 PM »
When I was banned from Resetera, I lost 90% of my posting activity.

Feels bad man.
:O

halfanhourglass

« Reply #4840 on: March 22, 2019, 04:24:19 PM »

I'd have had trouble not saying something;  but good lord how sheltered do you have to be to have a literal meltdown where you get pale faced and leave and can barely remember what happened over the next several minutes over sexist rabble?

Not trying to talk shit, but man... has he never heard anything like that?

More fodder for my conspiracy.

There's no way an adult who has had business meetings in the past would be so completely shattered over a banal sexist joke.

I dunno, like I said I appreciate the chutzpah but surely there was a better way to remain principled than that.

Yep. I’m gonna go with things that never happened.

Even if it did it would be more constructive to say ‘please don’t make sexist jokes’ instead of randomly getting up and leaving.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #4841 on: March 22, 2019, 04:24:26 PM »
sigh

BIONIC

« Reply #4842 on: March 22, 2019, 04:24:45 PM »
When I was banned from Resetera, I lost 90% of my posting activity.

Feels bad man.

At least you’ll always have your very own furry thread on the Bire  :birb
Margs

marrec

« Reply #4843 on: March 22, 2019, 04:25:16 PM »

I haven't watched the video but knowing the narrators style I can hear that in my head.

:lol :lol :lol

venereology

« Reply #4844 on: March 22, 2019, 04:27:14 PM »

I am. even if he's telling the complete truth he's a dumbass for getting heated and dropping the contract instead of taking the sexist's money and donating it to planned parenthood or a womens' shelter or something productive. I promise you the next guy who will take the money won't be so generous. All he's done is lose money to earn kudos from a video game forum who hates video games.

halfanhourglass

« Reply #4845 on: March 22, 2019, 04:27:45 PM »
And here I was thinking I might actually buy something from them. I'm so tired, so tired all the time.

:(

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4846 on: March 22, 2019, 04:31:57 PM »
CDPR is a Polish company. Poland is a country currently governed by a far-right basically fascist party. The type of party that is very popular with white men. White men are overrepresented in game companies.

I would say connect the dots but it's literally like two dots.

Bore Expert

« Reply #4847 on: March 22, 2019, 04:34:05 PM »

I am. even if he's telling the complete truth he's a dumbass for getting heated and dropping the contract instead of taking the sexist's money and donating it to planned parenthood or a womens' shelter or something productive. I promise you the next guy who will take the money won't be so generous. All he's done is lose money to earn kudos from a video game forum who hates video games.

And they don’t even have likes over there
 :crowdlaff

Propagandhim

« Reply #4848 on: March 22, 2019, 04:34:36 PM »
Polish people basking in their privilege. 

Pwnz

« Reply #4849 on: March 22, 2019, 04:38:41 PM »
I don't even know what they're upset about with the screen grabs without a string of assumptions. Maybe the game will depict people that are bigots, like gta, context matters.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #4850 on: March 22, 2019, 04:39:00 PM »
Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077! Also can't wait for the threads about it  on REE to be typically shit on by the progressive morality police.

Pwnz

« Reply #4851 on: March 22, 2019, 04:42:46 PM »
Yeah cyberpunk is gonna make me build a new rig. My 2012 rig with a 3770k and a 1080ti and 16 GB of ram is hitting bottlenecks with CPU and RAM. I'll build a ridiculous rig and the game at rtm will still probably struggle, but CDPR will keep performance patching it and it'll run 60fps within a year.

marrec

« Reply #4852 on: March 22, 2019, 04:44:07 PM »

Also I keep going back to the apparent suit for the 8k on an active project. There's no way the damages would just be for the 8k investment, what kinda contracts are these people signing?

benjipwns

« Reply #4853 on: March 22, 2019, 04:44:08 PM »
Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077! Also can't wait for the threads about it  on REE to be typically shit on by the progressive morality police.
How are these people qualified to make a cyberpunk game?
tfw when you make a game called Cyberpunk but all you know about Cyberpunk is that there are neat neon lights on it
lol at anyone thinking CDPR would ever do the Cyberpunk genre justice in regards to social issues
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 04:52:19 PM by benjipwns »

marrec

« Reply #4854 on: March 22, 2019, 04:46:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/supernatural-season-15-will-be-the-final-season.107078/

The biggest news of the year.

Jensen Ackles is finally free

:rejoice

Pwnz

« Reply #4855 on: March 22, 2019, 04:47:31 PM »
The only re approved form of cyberpunk future dystopia is one without feeling the bern.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4856 on: March 22, 2019, 04:50:59 PM »
They’ll know who I am once I post this here so I’ll update you guys if they ban me from the server for sharing this exchange:

don't worry on that front, no dev reads or gives a shit about resetti. :lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4857 on: March 22, 2019, 04:52:50 PM »
CDPR is a Polish company. Poland is a country currently governed by a far-right basically fascist party. The type of party that is very popular with white men. White men are overrepresented in game companies.

I would say connect the dots but it's literally like two dots.

If this idiot would spend a minute on wikipedia he'd know that the large cities in Poland are left leaning while the countryside is right leaning, you know, like in many other countries. Now guess where CDPR has their headquarter

benjipwns

« Reply #4858 on: March 22, 2019, 04:53:26 PM »
OP breaks it down for you morons not good enough to pull off black ops in official video game discords:
Maybe people aren't quite understanding the two issues - one is that I wish the CDPR team would address diversity and representation more publicly and better.

The other is that a mod they have, who I believe is unpaid, said something shitty.

benjipwns

« Reply #4859 on: March 22, 2019, 04:54:56 PM »
Quote from: ASaiyan
Era kept trying to convince me to give CD Projekt another chance after the last three scandals. But I really don't know about these guys.

Even if it's just an officially-sanctioned "volunteer", it's really hard not to call this a pattern...