Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3796216 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #4860 on: March 22, 2019, 04:55:11 PM »
i like that the dev response was basically "we're not ready to talk about our world" and that's a  :maf :maf :maf DECLINES TO COMMENT ON DIVERSITY IN GAMES :maf :maf :maf

marrec

« Reply #4861 on: March 22, 2019, 04:56:11 PM »
OP breaks it down for you morons not good enough to pull off black ops in official video game discords:
Maybe people aren't quite understanding the two issues - one is that I wish the CDPR team would address diversity and representation more publicly and better.

The other is that a mod they have, who I believe is unpaid, said something shitty.

UNIONIZE MODS

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4862 on: March 22, 2019, 04:56:43 PM »
I think we all need to understand that they're going to be some embarrassing ass shit in 2077. The staff involved doesn't seem to mind and seems be biting their tongues when it comes to talking about their vision of a "diverse city", their concept of which seems to be just a lot of worn stereotypes from other mediums.

I have no little doubt that 2077's "whore trading cards" is going to focus around race and gender relations.
Wait what?
In the Witcher 1, you get what are essentially trading cards of all the women you sleep with, most of which are prostitutes. It was a heavily criticized aspect of the game and it didn't return for the sequels.
:lol

benjipwns

« Reply #4863 on: March 22, 2019, 04:58:39 PM »
If this idiot would spend a minute on wikipedia he'd know that the large cities in Poland are left leaning while the countryside is right leaning, you know, like in many other countries. Now guess where CDPR has their headquarter
Eastern Europe being Eastern Europe

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #4864 on: March 22, 2019, 05:02:54 PM »
CDPR is a Polish company. Poland is a country currently governed by a far-right basically fascist party. The type of party that is very popular with white men. White men are overrepresented in game companies.

I would say connect the dots but it's literally like two dots.

If this idiot would spend a minute on wikipedia he'd know that the large cities in Poland are left leaning while the countryside is right leaning, you know, like in many other countries. Now guess where CDPR has their headquarter
Eastern Europe being Eastern Europe

These posts exemplify the logic of that stupid youtube vid.  It's a bunch of pronouncements made in an tautological way that say "Them bad, us good."
sigh

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #4865 on: March 22, 2019, 05:04:03 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

why does buddy look like he's wearing a priest robe?

benjipwns

« Reply #4866 on: March 22, 2019, 05:05:34 PM »
Yeah cyberpunk is gonna make me build a new rig. My 2012 rig with a 3770k and a 1080ti and 16 GB of ram is hitting bottlenecks with CPU and RAM. I'll build a ridiculous rig and the game at rtm will still probably struggle, but CDPR will keep performance patching it and it'll run 60fps within a year.
It's like you guys aren't even reading:
If you buy thier games, you are supporting a company that gleefully profits off of the marginalization of oppressed minorities. Full stop.
Full.

Stop.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4867 on: March 22, 2019, 05:06:19 PM »
...and if anyone can find his Lara Croft analogy with Fury Road, that would be great.

:girlaff

Propagandhim

« Reply #4868 on: March 22, 2019, 05:08:15 PM »
Yeah cyberpunk is gonna make me build a new rig. My 2012 rig with a 3770k and a 1080ti and 16 GB of ram is hitting bottlenecks with CPU and RAM. I'll build a ridiculous rig and the game at rtm will still probably struggle, but CDPR will keep performance patching it and it'll run 60fps within a year.
It's like you guys aren't even reading:
If you buy thier games, you are supporting a company that gleefully profits off of the marginalization of oppressed minorities. Full stop.
Full.

Stop.

Can someone sum up in 1 or 2 sentences what Cyberpunk did to fall from grace there?  I vaguely remember something about not having a trans option for character creation - was that it?   

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #4869 on: March 22, 2019, 05:08:45 PM »
There's also some indian driving a cab, I guess?

benjipwns

« Reply #4870 on: March 22, 2019, 05:10:09 PM »
Can someone sum up in 1 or 2 sentences what Cyberpunk did to fall from grace there?
Stuff posted on Twitter. Also, Poland.

Propagandhim

« Reply #4871 on: March 22, 2019, 05:12:13 PM »
Can someone sum up in 1 or 2 sentences what Cyberpunk did to fall from grace there?

The 'assume their gender' thing?  Thought so.  Oh, well.  Their loss.  Those hyper-privileged Pollacks may not be able to screw in a lightbulb, but they know how to make a fine ass vidya game.  Shit looks fire.

Occam

« Reply #4872 on: March 22, 2019, 05:15:10 PM »
Aluminium drink cans are coated with an extremely thin layer of epoxy varnish/lacquer that prevents oxidation and protects the beverage from absorbing aluminium taste. riotous is brains and beauty

If it's coated with plastic, it's fine, of course. But I have seen aluminum yogurt lids that weren't coated on the inside.

Edit: For instance
https://m.alibaba.com/product/60767696756/Aluminum-foil-lids-for-yogurt-Pre.html?s=p

These are pure aluminum.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 05:23:29 PM by Occam »

benjipwns

« Reply #4873 on: March 22, 2019, 05:16:03 PM »
OP of that thread actually has a summary of it:
Apolitical stances are a defense of the status quo and they’re far more tiring than the small effort to be progressive.

Let’s talk CD Projekt history-

We know they issued no apology and fired the guy who did the GoG transphobic joke, and it went down allegedly like this
On 22nd October, Polish game seller GOG - a part of CD Projekt - found itself in trouble again on Twitter. It had insensitively appropriated the trans civil rights hashtag WontBeErased. "Classic PC games #WontBeErased on our watch," it tweeted. "Yeah, how's that for some use of hashtags?"

That wasn’t the only bad tweet from GoG - they also tweeted a GamerGate supporting meme.

And do recall, CyberPunk 2077’s account tweeted a joke about trans issues as well - and we have no idea what the consequence was for them to correct it internally so that person may still be on the team unless we know otherwise for that account now
“Did you just assume their gender,” the tweet said. The account was responding to a fan saying that they wanted more from the “guys” at Gamescom.

Maybe we got off on the wrong foot 3 times, CD Projekt.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4874 on: March 22, 2019, 05:17:58 PM »

The 'assume their gender' thing?  Thought so.  Oh, well.  Their loss.  Those hyper-privileged Pollacks may not be able to screw in a lightbulb, but they know how to make a fine ass vidya game.  Shit looks fire.
lol.
the bitching is all performative, they'll stand in line on day 1, like everyone else.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4875 on: March 22, 2019, 05:20:54 PM »
"We want to treat marginalized groups with respect, and fuck Nazis" shouldn't be a difficult thing to say.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #4876 on: March 22, 2019, 05:21:41 PM »
this is the "GamerGate supporting meme" that got a bunch of websites to proclaim they won't cover GOG anymore and got Fez (lol) yanked from the store in solidarity:

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #4877 on: March 22, 2019, 05:22:14 PM »
The happening bunker is open for business squad.

Get ready for a weekend of meltdowns.

No collusion, you're the puppet!
:O

benjipwns

« Reply #4878 on: March 22, 2019, 05:22:43 PM »
Plus, in case it's forgotten. Poland.

Like connect the dot.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4879 on: March 22, 2019, 05:22:56 PM »
oh god, it's finally over. I can finally speak freely.

benjipwns

« Reply #4880 on: March 22, 2019, 05:23:23 PM »
oh god, it's finally over. I can finally speak freely.
lying

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4881 on: March 22, 2019, 05:25:07 PM »
:putin

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #4882 on: March 22, 2019, 05:26:48 PM »
Jensen Ackles is finally free

:rejoice

He won over Weatherby. Those royalty checks...

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #4883 on: March 22, 2019, 05:29:33 PM »
OP breaks it down for you morons not good enough to pull off black ops in official video game discords:
Maybe people aren't quite understanding the two issues - one is that I wish the CDPR team would address diversity and representation more publicly and better.

The other is that a mod they have, who I believe is unpaid, said something shitty.

But he didn't even say anything shitty.

"Night city is brutal place I doubt we'll comment on it"

What the fuck is wrong with these people? It's one thing that OP is an absolute idiot but it's amazing how they all join in

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4884 on: March 22, 2019, 05:30:02 PM »
What's the point in optimism? Every day of this presidency proves new lows and further hammers home how evil Republicans are. Why have any faith in anything ever getting better?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-robert-mueller-has-completed-his-russia-investigation.107085/page-6#post-19125955
ὕβρις

james

« Reply #4885 on: March 22, 2019, 05:30:57 PM »
If Trump is found innocent (all very cool and very legal) whats the over on suicide threads?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4886 on: March 22, 2019, 05:31:47 PM »

lol.
the bitching is all performative, they'll stand in line on day 1, like everyone else.

And when the game doesn't end up an alt-right fantasy (big shocker) they'll probably pet themselves on the back and think it was their feedback

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4887 on: March 22, 2019, 05:33:56 PM »
This thread is full of trash people barely pretending to hide their glee at the possibility that the report doesn’t bury Trump. Stop with the faux defeatism and just admit it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-robert-mueller-has-completed-his-russia-investigation.107085/page-7#post-19126084
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #4889 on: March 22, 2019, 05:41:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-robert-mueller-has-completed-his-russia-investigation.107085/page-7#post-19126151

So many people cheering that people lost their jobs now that Mueller is finished.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
sigh

james

« Reply #4891 on: March 22, 2019, 05:42:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-robert-mueller-has-completed-his-russia-investigation.107085/page-7#post-19126151

So many people cheering that people lost their jobs now that Mueller is finished.

This is a good reference and will probably result in a ban

BisMarckie

« Reply #4892 on: March 22, 2019, 05:43:38 PM »
Plus, in case it's forgotten. Poland.

Like connect the dot.

Poland was a diverse and progressive paradise (literally nobody voted for Trump) before Stefan Molyneux stepped foot in this country :maf

Superstar

« Reply #4893 on: March 22, 2019, 05:47:41 PM »
What's the point in optimism? Every day of this presidency proves new lows and further hammers home how evil Republicans are. Why have any faith in anything ever getting better?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-robert-mueller-has-completed-his-russia-investigation.107085/page-6#post-19125955

Every day for the last x years Mueller was going to bring down Trump.

Now the report is out no one expects anything. Weird.

benjipwns

« Reply #4894 on: March 22, 2019, 05:49:01 PM »
Trump is old news, we have real and actually dangerous enemies to fight now like Bernard and PewDiePie.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4895 on: March 22, 2019, 05:50:26 PM »
You have my virtual thumb.

benjipwns

« Reply #4896 on: March 22, 2019, 05:51:11 PM »
The worst part is that we won't be able to get Kirblar's instant and indepth analysis if the report is released before the 30th. :-\

BisMarckie

« Reply #4897 on: March 22, 2019, 05:52:38 PM »
I hope benji has enough cocaine at home to post walls of shame for the next 72 hours if the Mueller report doesn't deliver.

benjipwns

« Reply #4898 on: March 22, 2019, 05:55:22 PM »
I may be crazy but I'm not crazy enough to do something like that.

marrec

« Reply #4899 on: March 22, 2019, 05:59:16 PM »
I may be crazy but I'm not crazy enough to do something like that.

Smash cut to 72 hours later Benji hasn’t showered and is coming down from super cocaine binge

benjipwns

« Reply #4900 on: March 22, 2019, 06:00:43 PM »
What you'll want to look for are separately created threads like "I've lost all hope" and "what do I tell my kids?" and "SO WHAT DO WE DO NOW TO STOP TRUMP?!?" and "the Polish Nazis and PewDiePie have won" in which everyone goes "you're right, it's literally a totalitarian hellscape and we'll have camps for any people of color and LGBTQIA, so make sure you vote."

benjipwns

« Reply #4901 on: March 22, 2019, 06:04:47 PM »
The meltdowns are already rolling since Mieller isn’t going to recommend any more indictments.
Straight white males sticking together... typical. Thanks PewDiePie. And Poland.

BisMarckie

« Reply #4902 on: March 22, 2019, 06:05:52 PM »
Personally I am looking forward to the "can't wait for global warming to kill us all in 12 years" takes.  :doge

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4903 on: March 22, 2019, 06:07:49 PM »
All these dumb fucks are getting nip hard over this and they're missing out on trump lying to american people about winning in syria.

shame

benjipwns

« Reply #4904 on: March 22, 2019, 06:08:46 PM »
PewDiePie followed Stefan Molyneaux on Twitter. Stefan Molyneaux went to Poland and discovered he was a white supremacist all along. I mean I'd say connect the dots, but it's literally like two dots.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4905 on: March 22, 2019, 06:09:54 PM »
Also, literal Soviets.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #4906 on: March 22, 2019, 06:10:49 PM »
The more interesting question would be how many of those having meltdowns aren't even living in the US?

Maybe some of them are even French-Canadians?

benjipwns

« Reply #4907 on: March 22, 2019, 06:11:19 PM »
I think it's time for another partition before CDProjektRed becomes too powerful.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4908 on: March 22, 2019, 06:12:16 PM »
"Eastern Europeans gonna Eastern European"? So when Hitler invaded Poland, he was actually fighting the Nazis.
 :thinking

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #4909 on: March 22, 2019, 06:12:45 PM »
All those memes the last couple years, "Mueller time", putting his face over Omar in clips of The Wire, fantasising about Trump beind led out of the White House in cuffs, none of that shit was healthy.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-robert-mueller-has-completed-his-russia-investigation.107085/page-15#post-19127450

Well yeah.
Now watch Era do it all over again.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #4911 on: March 22, 2019, 06:14:16 PM »
Maybe people can do stuff about kids in cages instead of waiting in a respectable manner like they were taught to do....just kidding, they will continue complaining about marches killing grandmas in ambulances.
like vote right?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4912 on: March 22, 2019, 06:14:34 PM »
All those memes the last couple years, "Mueller time", putting his face over Omar in clips of The Wire, fantasising about Trump beind led out of the White House in cuffs, none of that shit was healthy.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/breaking-robert-mueller-has-completed-his-russia-investigation.107085/page-15#post-19127450

Well yeah.
Now watch Era do it all over again.

Let be honest, memes aren't healthy

:fbm :patel :badass :iface :rollsafe

BisMarckie

« Reply #4913 on: March 22, 2019, 06:14:36 PM »
I think it's time for another partition before CDProjektRed becomes too powerful.

Still fewer republics than France. :smug  /Kara

benjipwns

« Reply #4914 on: March 22, 2019, 06:14:39 PM »
I still believe he will go to jail for a host of crimes. Eventually.
Either that or die.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4915 on: March 22, 2019, 06:15:15 PM »
Cover up. Reagan got away with Iran-Contra, this country can't hold its oligarchs accountable.
Yep they covered for a guy E V E R Y B O D Y in politics hates. Makes sense  :lol
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #4916 on: March 22, 2019, 06:15:44 PM »
Remember how everyone was pessimistic during midterms? Evil sometimes win battles..but i do try to have faith that good wins the war.
The US, Russia and Britain have been the world powers for the past hundred years. "Good" wins nothing
:usacry :gbcry :ussrcry

benjipwns

« Reply #4917 on: March 22, 2019, 06:17:09 PM »
<scans bible>

"hmmm, murder...oh kidnapping! Hmmm....blended fabrics... naah...yikes laying down with beasts of the field...nope...infanticide...genocide...slavery, nah...incest...ouch...war...oh wait, what's this? Man lays down with man!!!??? MILDRED GIT MAH CHECKBOOK I GOT IT!!!!!"

BisMarckie

« Reply #4918 on: March 22, 2019, 06:18:25 PM »
We had living Adolf Hitler walking our grounds, walking my city. You can't touch us. Disperse in shame.

Yeah! Same with my hometown!

Whoops.  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4919 on: March 22, 2019, 06:18:33 PM »
<scans bible>

"hmmm, murder...oh kidnapping! Hmmm....blended fabrics... naah...yikes laying down with beasts of the field...nope...infanticide...genocide...slavery, nah...incest...ouch...war...oh wait, what's this? Man lays down with man!!!??? MILDRED GIT MAH CHECKBOOK I GOT IT!!!!!"
That #gamergate hasn't come for this guy yet by airing the dirty laundry he himself drops on message boards is strange.
🤴