Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3795990 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #52680 on: November 02, 2019, 07:16:28 AM »
Stinkles banned 1 week.  :heh

4 wat

https://www.resetera.com/threads/last-afghan-jews-were-kicked-out-of-prison-for-being-too-annoying.150668/#post-26024780
User banned (1 week): inappropriate joke in a sensitive thread
Quote from: Stinkles, post: 26024780, member: 5609
This is going to be the finest movie Woody Allen has ever made. And he also needs to cast Larry David as Simentov. Allen can play Levi.

I have a fantastic title, but it's kinda (extremely) racist. So I'm absolutely not typing it. I gift it freely to any Jewish resetera member who can own it or disown it. But it's a pun on:

The Kite Runner.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Can someone with twitter please screencap “343 studios Verified” Stinkles’ “Hilarious” racial slur pun and @ his studio??

I’d like that, thank you.
Link to the post?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/last-afghan-jews-were-kicked-out-of-prison-for-being-too-annoying.150668/post-26024780

Reported to my local RE mod captain.  I'm sure they'll not do anything get right on that. 
:salute

:rollsafe
[close]

https://www.resetera.com/threads/reddit-user-sony-banned-me-for-a-common-nickname-in-my-culture.82574/

:ohhh

now I get why it was a sony ban wave

e: also, more than year old thread = fucking graveyard standard rules apply

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #52682 on: November 02, 2019, 08:29:50 AM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #52683 on: November 02, 2019, 09:38:28 AM »
Is this rape

:isthis
🤴

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #52684 on: November 02, 2019, 09:45:01 AM »
No video? For all I know that photo is taken out of context.

And seeing as Pitt doesn't seem to care why should I?

Propagandhim

« Reply #52685 on: November 02, 2019, 10:11:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/japan%E2%80%99s-rising-sun-flag-should-be-banned-at-the-tokyo-olympics.150776/

This lol to me because of the thread about millennial not wanting to learn about WW2 because it bums them out, then this thread has people who don't know about the rising sun flag even existing, those who think it is WW2 only instead of a flag that goes back to like...the 7th century and that's why it's not exactly the same thing as the nazi flag, and then those who are taking the hard stance against any usage of it, and random people wanting to talk about China instead.

BAN ATLUS
BAN THQ
BAN FF9
BAN CDPR
BAN REDLETTERMEDIA
BAN THE WORD BOYS
BAN SMASH BROS
BAN YOUTUBE
BAN MEMES
BAN CAPCOM
BAN GDC
BAN TIME MAGAZINE
BAN SEGA
BAN TOTALBISCUIT
BAN WWE
BAN RANDY PITCHFORD
BAN ETIKA
BAN JACK BLACK
BAN DATING
BAN MUELLER
BAN DUNKEY
BAN THE WORD FEMALES
BAN ION FURY
BAN CHAPPELLE
BAN THE ESCAPIST
BAN KOTAKU
BAN JOKER
BAN THE JAPANESE FLAG

DO IT ALREADY YOU COWARDS

skullstorm

« Reply #52686 on: November 02, 2019, 10:49:53 AM »
Stinkles banned 1 week.  :heh

4 wat

https://www.resetera.com/threads/last-afghan-jews-were-kicked-out-of-prison-for-being-too-annoying.150668/#post-26024780
User banned (1 week): inappropriate joke in a sensitive thread
Quote from: Stinkles, post: 26024780, member: 5609
This is going to be the finest movie Woody Allen has ever made. And he also needs to cast Larry David as Simentov. Allen can play Levi.

I have a fantastic title, but it's kinda (extremely) racist. So I'm absolutely not typing it. I gift it freely to any Jewish resetera member who can own it or disown it. But it's a pun on:

The Kite Runner.

Can someone with twitter please screencap “343 studios Verified” Stinkles’ “Hilarious” racial slur pun and @ his studio??

I’d like that, thank you.
Link to the post?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/last-afghan-jews-were-kicked-out-of-prison-for-being-too-annoying.150668/post-26024780

Reported to my local RE mod captain.  I'm sure they'll not do anything get right on that. 
:salute

:rollsafe
[close]

https://www.resetera.com/threads/reddit-user-sony-banned-me-for-a-common-nickname-in-my-culture.82574/

:ohhh

now I get why it was a sony ban wave

e: also, more than year old thread = fucking graveyard standard rules apply

attractive Jewish person Elomaa, :yikes, member of a Finnish right-wing populist party, :yikes, with her future voters:

:nsfw

[close]

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #52687 on: November 02, 2019, 10:56:58 AM »
what a lame low blow this was.

“Dude is trolling me an I’m mad so I’m gonna bring up his realtionship shit”

Douche move. Almost as douchey as blizzard
Mm

But hey you gotta a like from super aggressive obsessive TIMU”

All what a johs

responding a second time to the same post the next day. guess i hit home, eh?

:umad

take that energy and channel it into bettering yourself and you'll go from just a cunt to a likeable cunt in no time
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 11:16:16 AM by nachobro »

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #52688 on: November 02, 2019, 11:21:09 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/japan%E2%80%99s-rising-sun-flag-should-be-banned-at-the-tokyo-olympics.150776/post-26050504

I have to admit, that's pretty solid.

Also, I've said it before friends.  Experimenting on ethnic minorities with potentially fatal or destructive diseases is just wrong.

sigh

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #52689 on: November 02, 2019, 11:34:42 AM »
IS that bill maher, norm mcdonald, or larry king?

Propagandhim

« Reply #52690 on: November 02, 2019, 11:38:08 AM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #52691 on: November 02, 2019, 11:40:25 AM »
Also, I've said it before friends.  Experimenting on ethnic minorities with potentially fatal or destructive diseases is just wrong.

Or is it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731#American_grant_of_immunity

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #52693 on: November 02, 2019, 12:54:07 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #52696 on: November 02, 2019, 01:29:07 PM »

;)

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #52698 on: November 02, 2019, 02:35:56 PM »
Putting WebbyAwards winner in your bio  :heyman

Coffee Dog

« Reply #52699 on: November 02, 2019, 03:06:14 PM »
Contrapoints update: she released her statement/apology, which very obviously was not good enough, and now she is a nonbinaryphobic bigot. Prepare for discussions on her next vid to get derailed, as she has been cancelled.

She really should have shut up and let her twitter remain nuked.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #52700 on: November 02, 2019, 03:08:17 PM »
Almost 170 pages of REEEEEEEEing kojima and sony shills

el em eff ayy ohh

also
https://www.resetera.com/threads/yeah-i-think-i%E2%80%99m-done-with-the-game-community.150803/
 :society
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #52701 on: November 02, 2019, 03:34:29 PM »
Contrapoints update: she released her statement/apology, which very obviously was not good enough, and now she is a nonbinaryphobic bigot. Prepare for discussions on her next vid to get derailed, as she has been cancelled.

She really should have shut up and let her twitter remain nuked.

Natalie is positioning herself to become the trans version of Candace Owens.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/contrapoints-opulence.146668/post-26057103

All because she wasn't that into announcing pronouns

ResetBanBot

« Reply #52702 on: November 02, 2019, 03:48:33 PM »
It's because ContraPoints is hinting at if not overtly identifying as a transmedicalist. Clearly Contra is not a radical transmedicalist trying to push non-binaries out, but the even the hint of being ideologically out of step is enough to attempt to cannibalize ContraPoints, and Lindsey Ellis for that matter (for refusing to distance herself).

The real truth is that ContraPoints and Lindsey Ellis are media darlings and will not be meaningfully cancelled. The non-binaries are mostly transtrenders riding the coat-tails of everyone else, hoping they don't get left behind on the progressive stack.

Without overt pronoun announcements, the entire concept of being "non-binary" becomes practically non-existent. It's an extremely tentative social construct that barely exists.

Clockwork5

« Reply #52704 on: November 02, 2019, 04:00:27 PM »
Watching riotous engage with those dweebs in the Death Stranding review thread has been an acceptable use of my Saturday morning.

PogiJones

« Reply #52706 on: November 02, 2019, 04:12:57 PM »
All the other top-of-pagers cashing in on that Big Yuka Money.

There's just no likes in subtle contemporary political references.  :fbm

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #52707 on: November 02, 2019, 04:23:44 PM »
There's certain leftist cis boys on Twitter who are extremely popular in the trans community because they tweet these virtue signals where they tweet "trans rights!", "Donkey Kong said Trans Rights", like "nonbinary is valid", blah blah blah. Here's the thing, it takes seven seconds to tweet that. Anyone can tweet that, it'd take no effort, it takes no actual understanding and I'm someone who makes mistakes- of course I do make mistakes -most of the things I've ever tweeted have been a mistake but it's like- I'm a trans person and I identified as nonbinary two years ago and I still have questions of "am I a binary trans woman, am I nonbinary, I don't feel like a lot of a woman a lot of the time, does that mean I'm nonbinary or does that mean I'm internally transphobic?" I actively engage in the struggle. But I feel like people on twitter don't actually have time for a trans person who's actually trying to struggle through this. They just want a video game character to say "trans rights".

Get this alt right TERF outta here. Her "struggle" is making me uncomfortable. Anyone who interacts with her from now on is truscum, and a valid target for sating our bloodlust, I mean, for righteous harassment.

There we go.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #52708 on: November 02, 2019, 04:58:22 PM »
It's because ContraPoints is hinting at if not overtly identifying as a transmedicalist. Clearly Contra is not a radical transmedicalist trying to push non-binaries out, but the even the hint of being ideologically out of step is enough to attempt to cannibalize ContraPoints, and Lindsey Ellis for that matter (for refusing to distance herself).

The real truth is that ContraPoints and Lindsey Ellis are media darlings and will not be meaningfully cancelled. The non-binaries are mostly transtrenders riding the coat-tails of everyone else, hoping they don't get left behind on the progressive stack.

Without overt pronoun announcements, the entire concept of being "non-binary" becomes practically non-existent. It's an extremely tentative social construct that barely exists.

How do you know what these terms mean while not being in support of trans people?   I'd like to think I'm a pro-trans guy but I don't get these tiny arguments within the community.   Are you saying you agree with trans stuff but find non-binary stuff too strange?

Side note:

The left can't meme even when being antisemitic, which is like the easy-mode of comedy.

As a Jew, I loved this
sigh

ResetBanBot

« Reply #52709 on: November 02, 2019, 05:04:44 PM »
Do you have to donate to someone's patreon to "support trans people"?

There's a lot of nuance involved with dealing with gender dysphoria, which is distinct from the concept of transgender as defined by identity politics. The social justice movement actively attempts to suppress these discussions as there is a lot of effort that goes into a narrative of "you're either with us or against us". If normies realize cheeseburgers themselves are fighting, then they might come to a more nuanced worldview about transgender people. This would ultimately result in gate-keeping and exclude groups like non-binaries who don't fit into the transmedicalist world-view.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #52710 on: November 02, 2019, 06:08:52 PM »
Hobbes thread https://www.resetera.com/threads/blizzard%E2%80%99s-actionless-non-apology-is-complete-bullshit.150712/

(Image removed from quote.)
Imagine trading in your unpaid games journalism job for posting unpaid 1500 word rants on REEEsetera...

EDIT: Also, anyone who regularly posts 60+ word sentences and calls themselves a journalist is the Jessica Yaniv of the journalism world.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 06:17:38 PM by Potato »
Spud

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #52711 on: November 02, 2019, 06:09:21 PM »
I came into this topic expecting fun but everyone seems grumpy here.

ResetEra’s new slogan :heh

PogiJones

« Reply #52712 on: November 02, 2019, 06:42:59 PM »
EDIT: Also, anyone who regularly posts 60+ word sentences

and calls themselves a journalist

PogiJones

« Reply #52713 on: November 02, 2019, 07:03:53 PM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #52714 on: November 02, 2019, 08:52:53 PM »
Brack was willing to address that question directly in a brief phone interview with me this afternoon.

This is a direct quote from the article that mysteriously isn't in quote tags so it looks like the CEO of Blizzard rang up tech support about his Citrix login and got a grilling.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #52715 on: November 02, 2019, 08:58:51 PM »

No one cares what you’re broadcasting unless it’s your hog /TIMU

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #52716 on: November 02, 2019, 09:07:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/contrapoints-opulence.146668/post-26063872
https://www.resetera.com/threads/contrapoints-opulence.146668/post-26064039
https://www.resetera.com/threads/contrapoints-opulence.146668/post-26064253

incelchief shockingly disagrees that cancelculture is real and that the people who try and tear down others for any disagreement with ideology regardless of broad support literally behave the same way as the people they claim to oppose and are just as bad as them, and that using the exact same methods as pieces of shit might actually also make them pieces of shit

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #52717 on: November 02, 2019, 09:28:41 PM »
Uh, that person "secretgamergrrl" whose tweets she is sharing is a 40 year old racist dude with a gandalf beard who lives with his mom and has never had a job. Really. And was in love with Zoe Quinn, who he never met outside of the internet.

edit: oh, she's criticizing them? posting them over and over without comment makes it look like she's endorsing him

benjipwns

« Reply #52718 on: November 02, 2019, 09:33:00 PM »
how can people in that thread actually be "disappointed in Peter Coffin"? did they never actually see any of his content?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #52719 on: November 02, 2019, 09:36:45 PM »
They don't seem to understand that "their side" can also contain harassing assholes. They sure are downplaying any concerns about a harassment campaign

benjipwns

« Reply #52720 on: November 02, 2019, 09:41:09 PM »
FACT CHECK: It's not a "harassment campaign" if you're "fighting for human rights."

ResetBanBot

« Reply #52721 on: November 02, 2019, 10:06:26 PM »
Do you have to donate to someone's patreon to "support trans people"?

There's a lot of nuance involved with dealing with gender dysphoria, which is distinct from the concept of transgender as defined by identity politics. The social justice movement actively attempts to suppress these discussions as there is a lot of effort that goes into a narrative of "you're either with us or against us". If normies realize cheeseburgers themselves are fighting, then they might come to a more nuanced worldview about transgender people. This would ultimately result in gate-keeping and exclude groups like non-binaries who don't fit into the transmedicalist world-view.
Forgot to mention that it's important that the transmedicalist debate not be allowed to happen because it would negatively impact self-identification laws, which is an ongoing thing right now.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #52722 on: November 02, 2019, 10:08:02 PM »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #52723 on: November 02, 2019, 10:17:25 PM »

Being fair: I don' t get the spoiler reference. I get the non-spoiler is a reference to Xi, but what is a strawberry and whipped creame thing tied to Pooh?

benjipwns

« Reply #52724 on: November 02, 2019, 10:18:36 PM »
"The best way to help these people is to vote democrat"

:girlaff

https://www.resetera.com/threads/stealing-amazon-packages-in-the-age-of-nextdoor.150745/page-5#post-26066244
Potrero Hill is a residential neighborhood in San Francisco, California.
• Supervisor   Malia Cohen
 • Assemblymember   David Chiu (D)[1]
 • State senator   Scott Wiener (D)[1]
 • U. S. rep.   Nancy Pelosi (D)[2]
Instead of harassing this poor woman they need to form a group to hunt down the one Republican left.

The headquarters for popular Discovery Channel program MythBusters is located at the southern edge of the neighborhood.
I might have found their location.

thisismyusername

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #52726 on: November 02, 2019, 10:22:45 PM »
The Halo guy did get banned for his Kite Runner joke, btw. No one in the thread actually complained about it though.

that's only because they acted on thebire's deputy modding.

benjipwns

« Reply #52727 on: November 02, 2019, 10:36:36 PM »
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility over a series of posts.

Quote from: PlanetSmasher
Just block me and be done with it, Christ.
I cant, your like a cancer. This thread grows around your comments, to ignore them is to subject myself to an unreadable thread. At least in its current state I can get a good laugh when I see people talk about you.

how PlanetSmasher drove the man insane
You see for me Horizon is not far from Witcher as for being an "RPG", everything Witcher does Horizon does as well (just not as deep/meaningful).
So it's just a matter of having deeper RPG mechanics and player agency within quests, things I expect with the sequel then you have your RPG studio :D
I don't think I'll ever give Horizon a second chance after how utterly, agonizingly boring the first game was. Shooter combat is already something I don't enjoy to begin with, so unless they completely redefine the combat to let you play a melee-focused character it's a lost cause in my book.
Lets be real, you dont care about other games other that rpg and honestly, must rpg fucking suck.
Most modern games are a homogeneous blob of mediocre open worlds and bland first or third-person shooter mechanics, or they're multiplayer-focused games built around sucking money out of people's wallets with recurring microtransactions. What the hell am I supposed to be excited for?
So your filling this thread with rants because Sony isn't fulfilling your subjective tastes? These comments are so dumb.
What the hell else are we supposed to talk about right now? Do we need to keep having the same "BUY REMEDY!" "NO, BUY READY AT DAWN!" argument over and over and over again until we're all dead?
So say nothing. This thread isnt for you to fill with your drivel about what kind of games you want. If there is no news or speculation to discuss don't talk about theoretical game ideas and wants. You want a party based RPG, and just scoffed at the idea of fromsoft filling that RPG hole you identified with their staple games. You will not be happy until your specific itch is sratched so you fill this thread with verbal liquid shit and force people to engage in your discussions. All you bring to other game discussions is "it sucks, I don't like it". You handwave horizons story and characters despite not beating the game and dismiss its very unique combat as "bah its a TPS", ignoring the fact it feels more like a monster hunter than a TPS.
Pathetic honestly. This is what we call discussion these days, just spewing hate at things clearly written off and not given a chance. Also denying any game that doesn't fill subjective requirements and making any discussion about said game "I hate it".
I gave it multiple chances and didn't enjoy it. If you have a problem with someone not enjoying a game they paid money for and gave numerous chances to change their mind, then that's YOUR problem.
]
I mean my problem is you hilariously misidentifying the mechanics of the game and drawing conclusions about the story despite not playing the fucking game through. I didnt even beat Horizon but the practice of spewing hilarious opinions like yours is what pissed me off.

Also I love how you skipped over my other comment regarding your constant whining in this thread. Did I hit too close to the mark or something? I would really love to hear what you have to say since you clearly have tastes above what this casual modern market demands.
You know, people are allowed to bail on a game when they're not enjoying it. It's not my job to suffer hours upon hours of gameplay I'm not having fun with just in case there MIGHT be an ending at the end that changes my mind.

As for "whining"? This is a thread where people discuss what Sony is making and what they want Sony to make in the future. I got into Playstation because of RPGs. They're the reason I bought my PS1, the reason I bought my PS2 and the reason I (stupidly, since the game I was hyped for never actually came out) bought my PS3. That's my genre, just like others might be fighting game people or survival horror people. So yeah, I'm going to talk about it.

I WANT Sony to give me a good reason to buy their next console. But right now, they aren't making a good argument for that.
Those are all YOUR reasons. Nobody else fucking cares about YOUR reasons. Its fine if you said them once, twice, hell even three or four times. But I have heard your fucking RPG whining near constantly in this thread. If everyone did what you did this place would he incomprehensible but most have the sense to not shout their specific preferences into a FAN forum endlessly. Again, a few times is fine but fuck me your goddamn icon is associated with the RPG whining. Make your OWN thread for the discussion, don't derail discussions of other games or studio aquisitions to you fantacising about how your dream will come true. Its obnoxious, self-centered, and most importantly not interesting discussion that others can participate in.
The whole thread is just a typhoon of the same things over and over again, not just me. You don't want to hear what I have to say, put me on ignore.
I mean it doesnt HAVE to be a typhoon, you could, I dont know, maybe, just maybe, not post anything and enhance this discussion a little bit.

Also nice, its shit anyway so might as well spew shit. Good reasoning.
Like I said, it's not just me. How many times can we have people say "SONY PLEASE BUY BLUEPOINT" or argue over how good or bad a developer Ready At Dawn is?

We're in a dead period for Sony news. This is what happens in dead periods. The discussions become circular because there's nothing else to talk about.
You don't like other Sony games though? If there was news you wouldn't care anyway.
I like plenty of Sony games. I just don't care about the upcoming games they have announced right now. It's not a blanket hatred of Sony as a company, it's exhaustion with their current direction as a first party and a desire for something else.

Believe me, I would like nothing more than to actually have a game to look forward to right now.
And for us who are excited? Just because you aren't doesnt mean you have to constantly dominate conversation.
Then be excited! My life isn't your life. It would be nice if BOTH of us could get something we want.
What? I'm talking about the discussion, not us getting what we want. Why did you just derail the point? Dude, just stop whining all the time about RPGs. It fucking sucks.
Just block me and be done with it, Christ.
[close]
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 10:41:35 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #52728 on: November 02, 2019, 10:45:44 PM »
User Banned (3 days): antagonizing other members

You have to understand something about WrestleEra, it’s selective moral indignation. They still, by and large, love good old Stone Cold despite him beating the Hell out of multiple wives.

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #52730 on: November 02, 2019, 11:33:10 PM »
Nepenthe changed her avatar.

:jeb FREE HONG KONG FROM BLIZZARD'S FASCISM :rejoice

PogiJones

« Reply #52731 on: November 03, 2019, 12:07:16 AM »

Being fair: I don' t get the spoiler reference. I get the non-spoiler is a reference to Xi, but what is a strawberry and whipped creame thing tied to Pooh?

You're making me explain it, which of course sucks all the humor out of it, at which point you say "That wasn't funny anyway."  :maf

Tyrant Bork won't let me mention Cream. Xi won't let people criticize him. People now display Winnie the Pooh as a sign of revolt. I posted a picture of cream as a sign of revolt.

PogiJones

« Reply #52732 on: November 03, 2019, 12:10:03 AM »
"The best way to help these people is to vote democrat"

:girlaff

https://www.resetera.com/threads/stealing-amazon-packages-in-the-age-of-nextdoor.150745/page-5#post-26066244

I sympathize deeply with that woman in this current like economy. I can't deny I've stolen some low-hanging likes out of desperation.

PogiJones

« Reply #52733 on: November 03, 2019, 12:11:11 AM »
Like this post to call marrec a turd.

thisismyusername

« Reply #52734 on: November 03, 2019, 12:11:22 AM »

You're making me explain it, which of course sucks all the humor out of it, at which point you say "That wasn't funny anyway."  :maf

Tyrant Bork won't let me mention Cream. Xi won't let people criticize him. People now display Winnie the Pooh as a sign of revolt. I posted a picture of cream as a sign of revolt.

Oh, so it was a cream reference. :goty2 Not a Chairman Xi reference. :goty2 Ho-hum. I was seriously trying to connect the two and failing and feeling horrible because I figured there was something subtle there that I was missing in the Xi protest.

Me right now:

(Joking, obviously)

PogiJones

« Reply #52735 on: November 03, 2019, 12:14:31 AM »
You ho-humming a joke couched in referential parallelistic imagery is precisely why you will never see hog

thisismyusername

« Reply #52736 on: November 03, 2019, 12:15:32 AM »
You ho-humming a joke couched in referential parallelistic imagery is precisely why you will never see hog

Funny, I figured it was you running for President Beto.

samir

« Reply #52737 on: November 03, 2019, 12:35:38 AM »
Can we talk about KSweeley?

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

benjipwns

« Reply #52739 on: November 03, 2019, 12:49:22 AM »
Was there an ResetERA.com thread about this article? I guess this is what Hobbes was talking about regarding The Washington Post saving Jason:
https://www.theringer.com/2019/10/25/20929604/the-mainstream-media-is-not-playing-games
It was, instead, the start of a new phase—for Hume, for the Post and, maybe, for the mainstream coverage of video games. That meeting led to Launcher, a new section from the sports department devoted to video games and esports that premiered on the Post’s website last week. At the fledgling vertical, Hume and his five-person staff, supplemented by freelancers, will attempt to apply the Post’s experience, resources, and credibility to covering the creators, the players, and the games themselves. “I think we can really be the bridge between a mainstream, traditional-news-product audience and gaming culture,” Hume says.

I was amused by the descriptions of Brian Crecente and his many jobs:
“It is very hard to argue, as anybody who’s aware of the landscape of entertainment, that video games are not an integral part of entertainment—maybe the most important part of entertainment,” says Brian Crecente, former editor-in-chief of Kotaku, founding editor of Polygon, and video games editor for Rolling Stone and Variety, as well as a current consultant to Launcher.
When Rolling Stone announced its video game site, Glixel, in 2016, Gus Wenner said the site would be a “staple within our set of properties” and would not be a “frivolous one-off that might not exist in two years.” A little more than a year later, its San Francisco office was closed and its staff was laid off. Crecente was hired to run the skeleton site out of New York, but after Penske Media acquired a controlling stake in Rolling Stone in late 2017, Glixel was shut down and Crecente’s coverage was shifted to another Penske property, Variety. This spring, Variety pulled the plug too, laying off Crecente, who says that during his time at Variety, the publication’s newfound appetite for video games devolved from “the full-throated coverage that you would see of movies and TV to being, again, an ancillary, when-it’s-interesting-to-your-general-readership coverage.”

Crecente says he wasn’t given a reason for the change in direction, but the experience wasn’t a first for him. Before he took over a struggling, month-old Kotaku in 2004, Crecente was a newspaper police reporter who rarely got the go-ahead to write about games. After Kotaku took off, the publisher at the Rocky Mountain News, where he was still working, asked him why he wasn’t doing more video game coverage for the paper. The answer was obvious: He hadn’t been asked to. Now he was. The publisher granted Crecente space in the features section to write about games.

A little more than a year later, with the paper’s finances suffering, the publisher told Crecente he was closing his section and asked him to go back to being a police reporter. “They saw that there was an interest in video games, and so they were willing to invest in it until it came to, ‘OK, we have to decide what we’re going to cut,’” Crecente says. “And I promise you first on that list was video game coverage.” Crecente left to work at Kotaku full time.
Crecente, 49, says he was “100 percent a geek” when he was growing up a gamer. His 18-year-old son was weaned on games but escaped the same stigma.