Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751319 times)

nachobro

• Live Más
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #2160 on: March 14, 2019, 02:23:40 PM »
it is a little strange the the dmc5 review thread was closed because there were no reviews out (except there was one from famitsu) and the div2 thread has no reviews and hasn't be touched. it's almost like the mods are completely incompetent and apply the rules they make up on the fly however they want.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2161 on: March 14, 2019, 02:24:32 PM »
He basically didn't have any real-life social life or hobbies [outside of writing].
so he was a resetti poster

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2162 on: March 14, 2019, 02:26:04 PM »
it is a little strange the the dmc5 review thread was closed because there were no reviews out (except there was one from famitsu)
THERE WAS AN EMBARGO :bolo

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2163 on: March 14, 2019, 02:29:42 PM »
embargo deez nuts

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2164 on: March 14, 2019, 02:39:47 PM »
Lovecraft died at age 46, if we assume all of his letters were written over the course of about 20 years and he wrote 100,000, that's over 13 letters per day, every day
 :mindblown :crazy

Dude was writing them like a teenage girl texts

They didn't have message boards back then. :trumps
©@©™

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2165 on: March 14, 2019, 02:40:48 PM »
he'd be like a reverse enzom, just dying to call everyone an nicca

marrec

« Reply #2166 on: March 14, 2019, 02:41:47 PM »
Imagine in 100 years after I'm a celebrated author someone reading through all my inane message board posts

:aah

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2167 on: March 14, 2019, 02:42:43 PM »
"wow this dude really hated trans people! he even named his cat cheeseburger!"

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2168 on: March 14, 2019, 02:47:40 PM »
cheebo is gonna sit out of 2020 cause neverbernie.

pathetic.

e:

Anyone who says policy wins presidential elections is naive. That isn't how presidential elections are ever won.

Local politics? Absolutely. Presidential elections are reality shows where the most charismatic person wins.

I'm not even gonna bother looking up the post where cheebo says that bernie has no policy and hillary does during 16, cause we all know he said that.

BisMarckie

« Reply #2169 on: March 14, 2019, 03:10:18 PM »
Update.

Dropped some goodies off to Maria to say thanks. She was feeling alot better. Was super appreciative.

She told that she didn't see the lady but she wrote her a decent email.

The lady replied that "She'd do it all over again"

Can‘t wait for the next update and he and Maria get married.  :heartbeat

marrec

« Reply #2170 on: March 14, 2019, 03:11:44 PM »
When he dropped off the goodies, did he loiter outside of the daycare for hours until it opened?

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2171 on: March 14, 2019, 03:12:27 PM »
Any excuse to go hang out at the day care center some more.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2172 on: March 14, 2019, 03:13:00 PM »
:rofl

e:

policy gets made after you get elected. She spent years writing bullshit that she can read in the woods.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2174 on: March 14, 2019, 03:45:31 PM »
I mean, sure, my kid did get abducted, raped and murdered, but I think I made an important point about not jumping to conclusions regarding people loitering around daycare centres.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #2175 on: March 14, 2019, 03:45:43 PM »
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2177 on: March 14, 2019, 04:23:47 PM »
It's already been mentioned but the latest Depp / Heard thread has a ton of meta commentary going on for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of weeks some of the people there are going to be, coincidentally, banned...

I really don't want to step into this but the mods that were very vocal in one thread all but dissapeared in the next thread once it turned out that he wasn't really a victim. I won't name names.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/usa-today-johnny-depp-sues-amber-heard-for-defamation-seeking-50-million.102882/page-11#post-18834965
ὕβρις

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2178 on: March 14, 2019, 04:32:26 PM »
Ever noticed there isn't a feedback thread and if you're banned you can't even talk to the mod that banned you? I used to be a super mod on Narutoforums and we'd actually message people we were warning and / or banning and we even had a subforum only banned members could see and post in so we could actually talk with them.

There's no communication between staff and members on this forum at all and that's something they definitely need to change. Shame there's no feedback forum for us to suggest these changes.

narutoforums has a better bans and appeals process than the self-attributed largest video game forum on the internet :o

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #2179 on: March 14, 2019, 04:33:08 PM »
It's already been mentioned but the latest Depp / Heard thread has a ton of meta commentary going on for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of weeks some of the people there are going to be, coincidentally, banned...

I really don't want to step into this but the mods that were very vocal in one thread all but dissapeared in the next thread once it turned out that he wasn't really a victim. I won't name names.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/usa-today-johnny-depp-sues-amber-heard-for-defamation-seeking-50-million.102882/page-11#post-18834965

He's absolutely talking about Nepenthe  :lol

Don't know if she commented on the case again when it blew up as a hoax

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2180 on: March 14, 2019, 04:33:56 PM »
From https://metacouncil.com/threads/epic-game-store-spyware-tracking-and-you.766/, originally from Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/PhoenixPoint/comments/b0rxdq/epic_game_store_spyware_tracking_and_you/

that stealth forum recruitment drive  :ohyou

aaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd locked by sweetfuckall because of "a lack of information or misinformation" :teehee

Butttttttttt BACK with the even more "Wait, wtf? Fuck you Epic" headline, and yet another not-sostealth-forum-recruitment-drive because yes, resetera is fucking shit as its primary purpose as a games forum.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/developing-epic-games-launcher-appears-to-collect-your-steam-friends-play-history.105385/post-18850664

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2181 on: March 14, 2019, 04:35:20 PM »
Speaking of T R AN S P A R E N C Y,  our boy Kirblar still on pending.

Not looking good for him
:O

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2182 on: March 14, 2019, 04:35:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/usa-today-johnny-depp-sues-amber-heard-for-defamation-seeking-50-million.102882/post-18842131
I made a thread asking why we don't have an official ban appeal process, which was quickly closed because apparently there is a ban appeal process.
:thinking

I had a few back and forth messages with a mod regarding the process and told them about a previous 1-month ban that I had received where I emailed Resetera on their official email as well as DM'd through Twitter and never received an email back or even a read on Twitter. I was told that they must have missed it and that they were sorry that happened.
:gurl

Now, this was 2 months after the fact and I had already served my ban, but felt salty because I had never been banned before and had 0 opportunity to defend or explain my original post (which was wrongfully interpreted). So while there apparently is an appeal process, it clearly isn't making a difference since I rarely see anyone's ban overturned and I wonder if it's because mods aren't reading them or they just blindly reject all appeals.
:rollsafe

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2183 on: March 14, 2019, 04:38:09 PM »

Not looking good for him

james

« Reply #2184 on: March 14, 2019, 04:40:18 PM »

Not looking good for him

(Image removed from quote.)

$10 the second he's permed hes on here excusing his war crimes as some kind of art piece

benjipwns

« Reply #2185 on: March 14, 2019, 04:40:21 PM »
One time I wanted to discuss a ban with a NeoGAF.com moderator. So I PMed Steve Youngblood on here, got a reply the same day and action. :american

benjipwns

« Reply #2186 on: March 14, 2019, 04:41:54 PM »
james, you have to help the moderators out by providing them links, they can't go find these posts on their own
User banned (duration pending): Relativizing and justifying war crimes and the murder of civilians.

BisMarckie

« Reply #2187 on: March 14, 2019, 04:43:16 PM »
One time I wanted to discuss a ban with a NeoGAF.com moderator. So I PMed Steve Youngblood on here, got a reply the same day and action. :american

So that‘s how you got permed.  :-\

benjipwns

« Reply #2188 on: March 14, 2019, 04:43:49 PM »
this duration pending got updated to perm :fbm
User Banned (Permanent): Advocating violence. Previously banned for the same behaviour.

Landlords don't deserve to make or enforce rules, they deserve a fucking guillotine.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #2190 on: March 14, 2019, 04:45:58 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/usa-today-johnny-depp-sues-amber-heard-for-defamation-seeking-50-million.102882/post-18842131
I made a thread asking why we don't have an official ban appeal process, which was quickly closed because apparently there is a ban appeal process.
:thinking

I had a few back and forth messages with a mod regarding the process and told them about a previous 1-month ban that I had received where I emailed Resetera on their official email as well as DM'd through Twitter and never received an email back or even a read on Twitter. I was told that they must have missed it and that they were sorry that happened.
:gurl

Now, this was 2 months after the fact and I had already served my ban, but felt salty because I had never been banned before and had 0 opportunity to defend or explain my original post (which was wrongfully interpreted). So while there apparently is an appeal process, it clearly isn't making a difference since I rarely see anyone's ban overturned and I wonder if it's because mods aren't reading them or they just blindly reject all appeals.
:rollsafe

The ban appeal process is going to discords where mods hang out and lick their balls.

benjipwns

« Reply #2191 on: March 14, 2019, 04:46:19 PM »
So that‘s how you got permed.  :-\
Wrong, like normal I got banned for "trolling" when posting seriously.

Never actually got banned when I was trolling though. The world operates in mysterious ways.

james

« Reply #2192 on: March 14, 2019, 04:46:27 PM »
In all seriousness, if Kirblar creates an account here, will Bork really provide sanctuary to someone who justified war crimes?

Yikes.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2193 on: March 14, 2019, 04:48:50 PM »
Machiavelli observed that while it may be difficult to seize power from an absolute ruler and a populace who have no freedoms, it is relatively easy to maintain authority when you have done so.
Conversely, while it may be easy to seize power in a principality where the subjects enjoy a great degree of personal freedom, it is extremely difficult to maintain authority, as the subjects will rebel against attempts to remove freedoms they already enjoy.

And if you can't apply Machiavelli to the cliques, favoritism, back stabbing, mud slinging and intrigues of Forum Dramas, I don't know where you can.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

BisMarckie

« Reply #2195 on: March 14, 2019, 04:50:29 PM »

Wrong, like normal I got banned for "trolling" when posting seriously.

Never actually got banned when I was trolling though. The world operates in mysterious ways.

You always created the best threads when it came to pitting two groups on GAF against each other. :salute

benjipwns

« Reply #2196 on: March 14, 2019, 04:51:58 PM »
Some other duration pendings from that Saturday:
User Banned (Duration Pending): Dismissing concerns surrounding sexual assault and antagonizing other members
User Banned (Duration Pending): Misogynist commentary
User Banned (Duration Pending): Advocating euthanasia of children
User Banned (Duration Pending): Excusing Child Abuse

Last Friday:
User Banned (Duration Pending): Inflammatory dismissal of sexual abuse allegations; account still in junior phase
User Banned (Duration Pending): Antagonizing other members over a series of posts, history of trolling
User Banned (Duration Pending): Misogynist rhetoric and dismissing concerns surrounding equal representation

Last Thursday:
User Banned (Duration Pending): Inflammatory drive-by post dismissing allegations of abuse, numerous accumulated infractions for inflammatory behavior

Always happy to help mods!

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2197 on: March 14, 2019, 04:52:09 PM »
In all seriousness, if Kirblar creates an account here, will Bork really provide sanctuary to someone who justified war crimes?

Yikes.

I hope so, just so I can tell him to fuck off.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2198 on: March 14, 2019, 04:52:13 PM »

Yikes.

I mean we already have Russian, Chinese, Nintendo, Hillary and Yang apologists. We've seen worse.
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #2199 on: March 14, 2019, 04:54:18 PM »
Don‘t forget the Naploleon III. apologists. :yuck

james

« Reply #2200 on: March 14, 2019, 04:55:55 PM »
Benji going to extra mile for the good of every community   :salute

benjipwns

« Reply #2201 on: March 14, 2019, 04:57:06 PM »
You always created the best threads when it came to pitting two groups on GAF against each other. :salute
One of the mod/admins (not Steve, higher up) told me to not do this too often because it was causing other moderators* to score through my post history looking for anything. :lol

*Obviously besada in retrospect, even though I never even talked to the guy on the forum.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2202 on: March 14, 2019, 05:07:21 PM »
Update.

Dropped some goodies off to Maria to say thanks. She was feeling alot better. Was super appreciative.

She told that she didn't see the lady but she wrote her a decent email.

The lady replied that "She'd do it all over again"

Can‘t wait for the next update and he and Maria get married.  :heartbeat

I can't wait until he goes all "nice guy" and asks for a date...then get rejected. I predict he'll go complete incel/stalker.
Spud

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2203 on: March 14, 2019, 05:11:15 PM »
I guess all the "duration pending" is because an admin or a mod captain or a certain number of mods need to sign off ban over a certain length or something... Maybe that was already discussed at one point.

Or it's the appeal system at work ! :salute
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #2204 on: March 14, 2019, 05:12:33 PM »
Getting rejected by an imaginary woman is some serious self-hate shit.

benjipwns

« Reply #2205 on: March 14, 2019, 05:13:16 PM »
Technically they've said the Mod Captains have to approve all bans, but I bet it's actually only for bans of a certain length. When you use the banbot to look at some other duration pending ones they're often like a month and such.

Not much point in having day bans approved. They probably rubber stamp every three day and week long ban no matter what, except like in that Airport food joke case where the thread threw a fit.

BisMarckie

« Reply #2206 on: March 14, 2019, 05:14:20 PM »
Free Kirblar and other political prisoners.   :american

benjipwns

« Reply #2207 on: March 14, 2019, 05:15:09 PM »
Or execute them if they're actually terrorists. :american

james

« Reply #2208 on: March 14, 2019, 05:17:54 PM »

Kirblar has an extensive history of history.

The only thing keeping him afloat is the memory of him being a mod. You need to have done something pedophile-level bad to be permed after being a mod

BisMarckie

« Reply #2209 on: March 14, 2019, 05:19:08 PM »

The only thing keeping him afloat is the memory of him being a mod. You need to have done something pedophile-level bad to be permed after being a mod

How about a scandalous relationship with your brother? Where does this rank?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2210 on: March 14, 2019, 05:25:29 PM »
fuck kiblar.

james

« Reply #2211 on: March 14, 2019, 05:25:52 PM »

How about a scandalous relationship with your brother? Where does this rank?

All I know is that to be permed after being a mod, you have to be some sub-human level of shit. Look at Kirblar, they got him for war crimes but theyre still debating it.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #2212 on: March 14, 2019, 05:33:47 PM »
What did Kirblar do? Did he play a game from the naughty list?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2213 on: March 14, 2019, 05:35:42 PM »

He's an idiot.

benjipwns

« Reply #2214 on: March 14, 2019, 05:37:40 PM »
Concern trolling about Omar's statements. That he couldn't let go of that spilled into multiple threads and eventually led to him making absurd hoop jumping analogies regarding Israel and stuff.

Post that did him in: https://www.resetera.com/threads/rep-ilhan-omar-the-%E2%80%9Chope-and-change%E2%80%9D-offered-by-barack-obama-was-a-mirage.104182/post-18672067
User banned (duration pending): Relativizing and justifying war crimes and the murder of civilians.
As remember Kirblar, you were the one, YOU WERE THE ONE who brought up arguments like "would you rather the entire Korean peninsula be ruled by Kim Jong Un today" to justify the events that happened and started this particular conversation--those are your words, that you uttered to justify this train of thought, not me or anyone else, but you. Turning that around, I could just as easily ask, "would you rather the entirety of the Gaza Strip and the West Bank continue to be apartheid states ruled inhumanely by tyrants like Benjamin Netanyahu/would you rather Palestine just be entirely absorbed by the Israeli state via decades of illegal settlements until there's nothing left"/etc. If that "would you rather the Korean Peninsula be unified under Pyongyang works to justify the tragic events that happened there, you can't suddenly back out and suddenly claim the same exact logic can't or shouldn't be used to justify a hypothetical conflict against Israel on the same exact type of grounds. You don't get to have it both ways like that. Either that goes for both, or neither. Either those kind of actions can be justified in those type of ways, or they can't, no matter what. Anything else is just pure hypocrisy at best and an absolutely brazen display of considering certain lives more equal and more worthy of defending in a way that certain other lives aren't and never will be and aren't ever going to be worth the same considerations and luxuries as those other lives at worst.
The Korean war was 70 years ago under extraordinarily different circumstances. Times are different, our available options are different, the geographic locations and relationships are different. Hell, if you haven't noticed, we have a massive in the number people dying as a result of war in the past few decades. Economic and Technological forces have made that possible what wasn't previously, ushering in the least amount of conflict the world has seen.

You do get to have it both ways because the world isn't the 1950s and the two situations are completely radically different. If you can't understand that the options available in the 1950s to the US, South Korean and other UN forces facing a massive incursion of North Korean aligned forces are completely different than the options we have to dealing with an apartheid state in the year 2019, the level of banal reductionism you're descending to amounts to the point of parody, because I refuse to believe that one could just be willing to say something along the lines of "oh well nukes ended the war in Japan why don't we just use them every time" and be totally serious.

Although these ones probably sent him to destruction since he can't ever back down and admit he was ever wrong or said something mistaken:
Would you rather North Korea have won leading to all of South Korea being ruled by the Kims today? Because that was the trade-off they were measuring it against when North Korea was invading with massive amounts of Chinese support backing them. I'm not saying their decisions were perfect, not worthy of criticism, etc., but to take them out of the context of an ugly, brutal conflict in which eventually pushing the North Korean army out of South Korea eventually led to a world in which 50 million people weren't living under a cruel despot today is to miss the difficulties and ugly nature of the tradeoffs that have to be faced when making these decisions.
Yes, I am aware of how destructive it was and am still posting that despite it. If North Korea/China never invade, this never happens, but they did, and the question of how to dissuade the North Korean forces when they were being backed by a massive amount of Chinese forces far in excess of their own had no good answers. Turning all of Korea into a totalitarian Chinese vassal state would have been a horrific outcome for the South Koreans. That cruel despot would still be there today because he's not there because of any actions the US took but because the North Korean government exists almost solely at the pleasure of the Chinese government. If they wanted to pressure North Korea to reform, to aid in their development, to help push for reconciliation, they could. But they don't, because they want the buffer state there.

That war is hell is an understatement. It's ugly, horrific, shitty and destructive. And this one was no different- both sides were deliberately targeting and executing the other's supporters within their borders and in captured territory. It comes with unthinkable tradeoffs, horrible choices, and puts people in unenviable situations. And yet it happens because sometimes the cost of letting the other side win is simply too steep to be able to afford.

benjipwns

« Reply #2215 on: March 14, 2019, 05:44:30 PM »
The mods should really have banned him for getting the timeline of the Korean War so wrong even after being linked to Wikipedia.

There were two invasions by the North Koreans, only the second was a proxy invasion by China. Which China had told the U.S. many many many times how to avoid.

benjipwns

« Reply #2216 on: March 14, 2019, 05:56:36 PM »
Also Nixon 1960, 62, 64

Lost three straight elections before 68
Nixon didn't run for anything in 1964.  :rage

benjipwns

« Reply #2217 on: March 14, 2019, 05:58:15 PM »
Last Friday:
User Banned (Duration Pending): Inflammatory dismissal of sexual abuse allegations; account still in junior phase
User Banned (Duration Pending): Antagonizing other members over a series of posts, history of trolling
User Banned (Duration Pending): Misogynist rhetoric and dismissing concerns surrounding equal representation

Last Thursday:
User Banned (Duration Pending): Inflammatory drive-by post dismissing allegations of abuse, numerous accumulated infractions for inflammatory behavior

Always happy to help mods!
All these are now updated to actual ban lengths! Three one months and a permanent. :success

Saturday ones still pending.

edit: Oop! This one just turned into a month too!
User Banned (Duration Pending): Dismissing concerns surrounding sexual assault and antagonizing other members

james

« Reply #2218 on: March 14, 2019, 06:01:24 PM »
What would they do without you Benji?

benjipwns

« Reply #2219 on: March 14, 2019, 06:02:13 PM »
benji does what Mod Captains don't