Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3753141 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #3180 on: March 15, 2019, 07:59:53 PM »
Oh thank god Kotaku blurred the photo used on this Steam account

https://kotaku.com/valve-removes-over-100-steam-tributes-to-suspected-new-1833328548

Uncle

PogiJones

« Reply #3181 on: March 15, 2019, 08:02:50 PM »
Many threads involving politics and games I have absolutely zero interest in but that otherwise keeps popping up on the top/first site.

All that somehow relate to the real world or politics. I've been busy ignoring them these past few days.

Are mods really going to let these blatant alt-right trolls get away with this dogwhistling?

PogiJones

« Reply #3182 on: March 15, 2019, 08:07:42 PM »
Regardless of the topic I always ignore threads full of people shitting on other people. I'm not here to vent my frustration at the world, or to read hundreds of posts about other people's anger or youtube drama.

I ignored threads that are filled with an overwhelming amount of negativity and or people who are at each others throat. Life is too short to expose's one self to all this negative energy. At least that's what I think.

I don't usually ignore threads, but this made me try it out. Just ignored the "boycott THQ"-thread. Something about it just rubs me off the wrong way and I'm utterly sick of these "drama"-threads. XYZ did something dumb? Fine make a thread about it. But anything afterwards just feels like it's made to stroke OP's own superior ego. If you have something to add, do it in the first thread.

Something about it just rubs me off

:kobeyuck

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3183 on: March 15, 2019, 08:09:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/major-terrorist-white-supremacist-attack-in-christchurch-nz-up6-4-suspects-in-custody-49-confirmed-dead-read-threadmarks.105436/post-18891953

Can we put to bed once and for all the debate on whether the OK sign is now a white supremacist symbol? Because it fucking is.

:picard

Still being triggered by the circle game. (also this dude knows what is gonna trigger people, apparently).

do they execute people in New Zealand? I hope he gets the death penalty. What a fucking scum, he is showing no regrets in that pic
Just put a fucking bullet in his head. God.
If their is anybody deserving of the death penalty.... i wouldn't shed a single tear for his ass.
Throw this fucker in a small dark cell and never let him see daylight til his miserable ass croaks
Jesus. Why bother with a trial. Should have put multiple fucking bullets in his head when they caught him.

Era reaffirming those """""left wing""""" credentials

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment#Contemporary_era

PogiJones

« Reply #3184 on: March 15, 2019, 08:11:56 PM »
Anything with twitter-esque political discussion and outrage, especially when it descends into moral oneupmanship. I'm generally in agreement with the reason that people are outraged, but the discussion always lacks nuance and people generally want to affirm their position as non-problematic rather than discuss in good faith. Plus I do so much IRL political stuff that sometimes I just want to discuss video games for fun.

The last thread I ignored was the THQ Nordic/Deep Silver boycott thread. I ignore all the political/social issue threads because that's not what I come to this site to read about/discuss.

The one about “boy” being used in the gaming culture. Seems like one that would have made you irritated no matter your opinion.

:rage

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3185 on: March 15, 2019, 08:12:02 PM »
Hey at least they're not advocating to give him what he wanted for once, in his manifesto he specifically stated he wanted to be taken alive so he could drain state resources indefinitely
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

tummyfat

« Reply #3188 on: March 15, 2019, 08:16:18 PM »
He stated in the manifesto that Candace Owens, Spyro 3 and Fortnite were his inspirations for the attack. Why are the Epic Games store threads still so civil?

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3189 on: March 15, 2019, 08:19:24 PM »
I wish it was, like, 2009 again, and the edgiest thing coming out of 4chan was Spurdo Spärde
每天生气

Jansen

« Reply #3190 on: March 15, 2019, 08:21:07 PM »
Benji run out of meth?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

tummyfat

« Reply #3192 on: March 15, 2019, 08:25:25 PM »

PogiJones

« Reply #3193 on: March 15, 2019, 08:26:33 PM »
Btw, any lurkers here from RE due to their insanity and can't get an account approved, just shoot me a PM over there, I'll hook you up with my sweet mod connections.  :success

Don't PM CantNutNate, he's useless. And you can't PM marrec, because he's banned yet again  :aah

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #3194 on: March 15, 2019, 08:26:55 PM »
This is the first time GamerGate has actually clearly been linked to something, right? I don’t know how KIA would argue they’re not somehow involved.

EightBitNate

« Reply #3195 on: March 15, 2019, 08:27:35 PM »
Hey Pogi why don’t you stop fellating people as they wait in line

PogiJones

« Reply #3196 on: March 15, 2019, 08:29:48 PM »
Someone's mad he's not the ambassador  :neogaf

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3197 on: March 15, 2019, 08:30:38 PM »
Hey Pogi why don’t you stop fellating people as they wait in line

Have you considered this is why everyone in your line are all pent up and grumpy
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #3198 on: March 15, 2019, 08:32:41 PM »

EightBitNate

« Reply #3199 on: March 15, 2019, 08:33:29 PM »
This is the first time GamerGate has actually clearly been linked to something, right? I don’t know how KIA would argue they’re not somehow involved.

They could start by saying, accurately, that they’re not involved.  At all.

They didn’t promote it, clearly. And I wouldn’t go and blame a specific person, but GG is involved *somehow*. KIA has been championing GG as a peaceful movement for years.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3200 on: March 15, 2019, 08:33:33 PM »
Btw, any lurkers here from RE due to their insanity and can't get an account approved, just shoot me a PM over there, I'll hook you up with my sweet mod connections.  :success

Don't PM CantNutNate, he's useless. And you can't PM marrec, because he's banned yet again  :aah

Or you can always PM a Mod Captain like @Hecht or @Selina outlining your concerns at the direction the site accelrates towards
spoiler (click to show/hide)
:teehee
[close]

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #3201 on: March 15, 2019, 08:35:02 PM »
marrec anyone who doesn't consider the possibility she bailed you out for at least one of those bans would have to be painfully naive

As if she'd have that kind of power, other people have been banned more times than me and are still posting, I haven't done anything worth catching a perm yet.

It's a little simplistic to think my sister would compromise her position just to bail me out of a "false equivalency" ban.

because this matters.  ::)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3203 on: March 15, 2019, 08:35:25 PM »

They didn’t promote it, clearly. And I wouldn’t go and blame a specific person, but GG is involved *somehow*. KIA has been championing GG as a peaceful movement for years.

What do you mean somehow?  You just said they were clearly linked, what is the clear link

And if there is a link then why would this be the first time it's been linked to anything, you might as well say GG is now linked to THQ Nordic as well
Uncle

EightBitNate

« Reply #3204 on: March 15, 2019, 08:36:31 PM »
Do we know that the little boy in Pogi’s avatar is actually his son? That Michael Jackson documentary is really making me question things.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #3205 on: March 15, 2019, 08:36:51 PM »
In lighter news, the new Netflix show love,death +robots seems to have been made with the singular goal to piss off the people on RE that whine about lightly dressed female characters

EightBitNate

« Reply #3206 on: March 15, 2019, 08:37:21 PM »

What do you mean somehow?  You just said they were clearly linked, what is the clear link

And if there is a link then why would this be the first time it's been linked to anything, you might as well say GG is now linked to THQ Nordic as well

Wasn’t 8chan created as a GG hub?

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #3207 on: March 15, 2019, 08:37:34 PM »
Oh thank god Kotaku blurred the photo used on this Steam account

https://kotaku.com/valve-removes-over-100-steam-tributes-to-suspected-new-1833328548

(Image removed from quote.)

of course he used Steam...

OF COURSE!

:doge

PogiJones

« Reply #3208 on: March 15, 2019, 08:42:58 PM »
marrec anyone who doesn't consider the possibility she bailed you out for at least one of those bans would have to be painfully naive

As if she'd have that kind of power, other people have been banned more times than me and are still posting, I haven't done anything worth catching a perm yet.

It's a little simplistic to think my sister would compromise her position just to bail me out of a "false equivalency" ban.

marrec, you should get your sister to post here.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #3209 on: March 15, 2019, 08:43:46 PM »
she used to before all you assholes showed up :maf

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #3210 on: March 15, 2019, 08:45:32 PM »
she used to before all you assholes showed up :maf

I believe it was Opiate showing up that made her leave.

PogiJones

« Reply #3211 on: March 15, 2019, 08:48:22 PM »
I ignore threads where people complain about character designs they don't like because they think everything has to appeal to them exclusively.

:ufup

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #3213 on: March 15, 2019, 08:52:45 PM »
Can someone fill me in? What mod is marrec fucking?
:O

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3214 on: March 15, 2019, 08:53:14 PM »
fiction, who is also his sister
每天生气

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3215 on: March 15, 2019, 08:53:32 PM »

The shooter also used Twitter, and Twitter was created in 2006 when the podcasting company Odeo needed to reinvent themselves and started brainstorming new ideas, ultimately going with Jack Dorsey's idea for an SMS-type service

So he's also clearly linked to Jack Dorsey
Uncle

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #3216 on: March 15, 2019, 08:53:39 PM »
https://twitter.com/zattmurdock

Zatt Murdock is able to RESIST in public again now James Gunn is free.  :doge

EightBitNate

« Reply #3217 on: March 15, 2019, 08:54:45 PM »

The shooter also used Twitter, and Twitter was created in 2006 when the podcasting company Odeo needed to reinvent themselves and started brainstorming new ideas, ultimately going with Jack Dorsey's idea for an SMS-type service

So he's also clearly linked to Jack Dorsey

Alright then forget I said anything. I didn’t read the shooter’s manifesto but thought that linked him to GG more.

james

« Reply #3218 on: March 15, 2019, 08:57:05 PM »
fiction, who is also his sister

Never heard of this alleged mod

PogiJones

« Reply #3219 on: March 15, 2019, 09:01:58 PM »
That's because she's not real

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3220 on: March 15, 2019, 09:02:03 PM »
Alright then forget I said anything. I didn’t read the shooter’s manifesto but thought that linked him to GG more.

I'm not tryin to be an asshole I just think it's tenuous

I read some of the manifesto and he didn't claim allegiance to any group except white supremacy type stuff, there was some real weirdo shit in it like saying he obtained the blessing of the reborn Knights Templar

It was largely not full of channer or gamer stuff, did not mention any websites at all, he used the navy seal copypasta and mentioned Fortnite and Spyro

He didn't say "gamers rise up" or talk about Sarkeesian or Sargon or normies or anons or other chanspeak, nothing that would link him to GG or really even 8chan other than the fact he posted it there
Uncle

Bananas

« Reply #3221 on: March 15, 2019, 09:03:04 PM »
Guess who popped in the mass shooting thread

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gunman-in-new-zealand-loose-shooting-up-mosque-and-others.1473605/page-8#post-253863185

It's the same with race. It doesn't matter if the U.S citizenship says all Americans are the same. Their actions, speak differently.

Jansen

« Reply #3222 on: March 15, 2019, 09:04:56 PM »
neogaf?

:no1curr

james

« Reply #3223 on: March 15, 2019, 09:08:08 PM »
Guess who popped in the mass shooting thread

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gunman-in-new-zealand-loose-shooting-up-mosque-and-others.1473605/page-8#post-253863185

It's the same with race. It doesn't matter if the U.S citizenship says all Americans are the same. Their actions, speak differently.

What a nice forum. I assume it's on every list

Blacks, and Mexicans are moving up there, because Whites made it nice. They will turn it into LA soon.

PogiJones

« Reply #3224 on: March 15, 2019, 09:12:48 PM »

counterhit

« Reply #3225 on: March 15, 2019, 09:32:31 PM »
Introducing a new metric to measure ResetEra celeb/eceleb threads by, based on old man murray's crate review: posts until "FUCK"

How many posts until the thread receives the first post which is completely or somewhere around 50% a message that says "FUCK YOU", in various forms: fuck *celeb*, fuck off, fuck you *other poster*, and so on.

james

« Reply #3226 on: March 15, 2019, 09:36:51 PM »
You all need to check out the new Carly Rae music video, it is full of cats

counterhit

« Reply #3227 on: March 15, 2019, 09:37:28 PM »

8chan already existed and merely absorbed the popularity of GG when 4chan took a no brigading/organizing policy. I want to say it was already infamous for a hacker/doxer board called baphomet, not to mention other things that happens when you create a board where everything "legal" goes. 8chan is just the most successful of many 4chan spin-offs.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3228 on: March 15, 2019, 09:43:22 PM »
Pogi is thebore's SunhiLegend

:mike
Uncle

PogiJones

« Reply #3229 on: March 15, 2019, 09:44:30 PM »
I thought 8chan was created by GGers after being kicked off of 4chan? I mean, 8chan's obviously outlived GG since it's still a thing, so it's not super accurate to equate the two, but I thought that was the beginning of it?

PogiJones

« Reply #3230 on: March 15, 2019, 09:45:49 PM »
Pogi is thebore's SunhiLegend

:mike

:goty2

PogiJones

« Reply #3231 on: March 15, 2019, 09:48:10 PM »
Ah, nope, it was created before GG, as per its wikipedia article--because it has one, unlike RE  :heh

counterhit

« Reply #3232 on: March 15, 2019, 09:49:47 PM »
I thought 8chan was created by GGers after being kicked off of 4chan? I mean, 8chan's obviously outlived GG since it's still a thing, so it's not super accurate to equate the two, but I thought that was the beginning of it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8chan

8chan was created in October 2013 by computer programmer Fredrick Brennan,[4][5] also known by the nickname "Hotwheels".[6] Brennan created the website after he observed what he perceived to be rapidly escalating surveillance and a loss of free speech on the Internet.[4] Brennan, who considers the imageboard 4chan to have grown into authoritarianism, describes 8chan as a "free-speech-friendly" alternative,[4] and originally conceptualized the site while experiencing a psychedelic mushrooms trip.[6][7]

:PP

The reason why it might seem 8chan was invented step and step with GG is because GG is when the internet culture war grew hot and dark corners of the internet became extremely important material for mapping out the bad guys.

PogiJones

« Reply #3233 on: March 15, 2019, 10:04:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/whats-the-last-gaming-thread-youve-ignored-and-why.105608/post-18894318

Packed to the brim with dogwhistles. How can the mods sit idly by and let them do this to Ms.Galaxy?

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #3234 on: March 15, 2019, 10:07:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/whats-the-last-gaming-thread-youve-ignored-and-why.105608/post-18894318
(Image removed from quote.)

Packed to the brim with dogwhistles. How can the mods sit idly by and let them do this to Ms.Galaxy?

They're just giving them time. That thread is honeypot galore. That and their all moderating the PDP thread.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3235 on: March 15, 2019, 10:11:37 PM »
Can we extradite this guy to the United States and put him in a prison that will rough him up? I doubt New Zealand prison system are that rough.

FUCK OFF

Replies to this aren't along the lines of "No, you have enough fucking mass shooters of your own, you don't need to import them" or "Why don't the actual victims where this happened get to administer justice?".

They're fucking "Not with Trump as president!".
Oh you fucking self-obsessed pieces of shit.

"but it made me feel bad, why cant I have a mob beating in my country?"

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3236 on: March 15, 2019, 10:14:31 PM »

I suspect a lot of them are banned at RE and won't be able to PM you.

Any alternatives that they can use?
Spud

Clockwork5

« Reply #3237 on: March 15, 2019, 10:15:18 PM »
In lighter news, the new Netflix show love,death +robots seems to have been made with the singular goal to piss off the people on RE that whine about lightly dressed female characters

Umm. You’re not kidding.

https://www.wired.com/story/love-death-and-robots-review/
If you haven't figured it out by the time you see a young Hitler being fellated by a Viennese sex worker, Love, Death & Robots isn't your average Netflix show.

:trigger

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3238 on: March 15, 2019, 10:36:30 PM »

https://twitter.com/nickmon1112/status/1106697727046488065

They have good reason to block that shit though. If the media shows that it's willing to give the killer notoriety, it may encourage future shooters. By starving the fire of oxygen, they save lives in the future.