Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751472 times)

Leadbelly

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #3240 on: March 15, 2019, 11:18:47 PM »
This is the first time GamerGate has actually clearly been linked to something, right? I don’t know how KIA would argue they’re not somehow involved.

They could start by saying, accurately, that they’re not involved.  At all.

They didn’t promote it, clearly. And I wouldn’t go and blame a specific person, but GG is involved *somehow*. KIA has been championing GG as a peaceful movement for years.

What do you mean somehow?  You just said they were clearly linked, what is the clear link

And if there is a link then why would this be the first time it's been linked to anything, you might as well say GG is now linked to THQ Nordic as well

Wasn’t 8chan created as a GG hub?

No... I took your posts as being sarcastic, but I will state anyway that 8chan is simply a free speech haven. In other words GG migrated there because they knew they would never be kicked off there.

The other thing is, the nature of the internet is such that anyone from whereever in the world can waltz into any forum and post. Places like 8chan make it especially easy for people to say whatever the fuck they like. You have people from all walks of life with the ability to congregate in one place. The internet produces communities that are amorphous. The media often speaks as if they're highly organised movements with a common goal when reality they tend to be loose associations of peoples. That is kind of what happens when literally anyone can post whatever they like.

In other words GG being on 8chan and that lunatic being on 8chan, does not necessarily mean anything. Anyone can post on 8chan.

zepblackstar

« Reply #3241 on: March 15, 2019, 11:19:11 PM »
Ah yes, Patrick Kelpek edgy college days where he was quite the lad. He tried the moral card against Thorin(esports guy) and the internet showed him so many receipts he had to grovel on a waypoint podcast of how he has "grown"

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3242 on: March 15, 2019, 11:19:34 PM »
I love how nintardians even on the bire cant help but carepost about media create numbers.  (Image removed from quote.)
:miyamoto

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3243 on: March 15, 2019, 11:19:46 PM »
"ready for a hate crime"

:dead
每天生气

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #3246 on: March 15, 2019, 11:39:18 PM »
Why are we giving this dude attention?
exactly, we should never be signal boosting misogynists and racists
每天生气

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3247 on: March 15, 2019, 11:57:18 PM »
Patrick klepeks college pics remind me of a guy/rapist/sex pest I went to uni with. It's a type it seems

Leadbelly

« Reply #3248 on: March 16, 2019, 12:03:41 AM »
I still remember that episode of the 1up Show where Patrick Klepek was rolling around in hot pants...

Clockwork5

« Reply #3249 on: March 16, 2019, 12:04:23 AM »
No... I took your posts as being sarcastic, but I will state anyway that 8chan is simply a free speech haven. In other words GG migrated there because they knew they would never be kicked off there.

The other thing is, the nature of the internet is such that anyone from whereever in the world can waltz into any forum and post. Places like 8chan make it especially easy for people to say whatever the fuck they like. You have people from all walks of life with the ability to congregate in one place. The internet produces communities that are amorphous. The media often speaks as if they're highly organised movements with a common goal when reality they tend to be loose associations of peoples. That is kind of what happens when literally anyone can post whatever they like.

In other words GG being on 8chan and that lunatic being on 8chan, does not necessarily mean anything. Anyone can post on 8chan.

How can you say this when people are literally lined up at the gates of thebore.com waiting for admission to shit post, relying on the good graces of the likes of pogijones and eightbitnate to shed light upon these forsaken refugees, waiting in the dark for their chance to know the thrill of filler and moblin liking their posts. .

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #3250 on: March 16, 2019, 12:06:56 AM »
Why are we giving this dude attention?
exactly, we should never be signal boosting misogynists and racists

I already clocked him an idiot when he was crying about being put into Twitter jail over the video of the shooting. "WAHH! WAHH! WHY CAN'T I POST THIS IN THE 'PUBLIC INTEREST!' WAHHH!" Going through Patrick's photos is just further proof he's missing the plot in regards to trying to stick to a script.

Leadbelly

« Reply #3251 on: March 16, 2019, 12:13:28 AM »

How can you say this when people are literally lined up at the gates of thebore.com waiting for admission to shit post, relying on the good graces of the likes of pogijones and eightbitnate to shed light upon these forsaken refugees, waiting in the dark for their chance to know the thrill of filler and moblin liking their posts. .

That's true. Anyone can post on many other forums except the bore.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3252 on: March 16, 2019, 12:16:07 AM »
where are the sales numbers  ???

Jansen

« Reply #3253 on: March 16, 2019, 12:16:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/k-pop-era-ot-into-the-new-world.455/page-220#post-18892684

Quote from: Phonomezer, post: 18892684, member: 20756
EXID.

What a slay.

Why are they so much more talented and beautiful than all the other sex dolls who look and sound like they fell off the back of a truck in transit to Incheon and were repurposed to make fat men money?

PogiJones

« Reply #3254 on: March 16, 2019, 12:19:48 AM »
:rage

Bore Expert

« Reply #3255 on: March 16, 2019, 12:46:11 AM »
where are the sales numbers  ???

Pogi paid $17 for five Bire dlc likes

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3256 on: March 16, 2019, 12:47:44 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/k-pop-era-ot-into-the-new-world.455/page-220#post-18892684

Quote from: Phonomezer, post: 18892684, member: 20756
EXID.

What a slay.

Why are they so much more talented and beautiful than all the other sex dolls who look and sound like they fell off the back of a truck in transit to Incheon and were repurposed to make fat men money?
:lol :lol :lol

that was my main breh from kpop gaf!

HyoGod 444 lyfe dawg!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 12:52:59 AM by filler »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3257 on: March 16, 2019, 12:53:21 AM »
may have to join reeeeeeee just for the kpop thread  :-[

BisMarckie

« Reply #3258 on: March 16, 2019, 02:35:58 AM »
You all need to check out the new Carly Rae music video, it is full of cats

I also suspect that it's full of cacs. :cac

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3259 on: March 16, 2019, 05:25:23 AM »
then honestly find another forum to post in'

the number of people here who want to deny any social political discussion in games - such as representation of poc screams huge red flags to me. thats not what the community was founded on. its definitely not just about the games.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/whats-the-last-gaming-thread-youve-ignored-and-why.105608/page-2#post-18898731
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3260 on: March 16, 2019, 05:27:18 AM »
I knew ERA was full of scumbags, but fuck me, this thread is disgusting.

Ban me again, please. I want nothing more to do with this cesspit and it's Nazi Children's Entertainer apologists. There are far too many to call this a decent community. This is just purple GAF.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/page-45#post-18900160
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3261 on: March 16, 2019, 05:36:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/page-43#post-18895245

I can't help feeling there's a pattern to what you're pointedly apathetic to...

:neogaf

Buying Atlus titles, thinking Black Panther was okay and that the Arby's tweet campaign was not a secret pedophile dogwhistle ? Wow that guy has as much blood on his hands as PDP.

One reaction to the above post :

Ether. That shit that makes your soul burn slow. Damn.

:girlaff
ὕβρις

BisMarckie

« Reply #3262 on: March 16, 2019, 05:44:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-nintendo-direct-on-reggies-last-day-hosted-by-doug-bowser-and-reggie-fils-aime-would-be-awesome.105532/

People are mad at OP because they can‘t parse a simple sentence. :derp

Shameless self-quote. OP was banned for creating a troll thread because people can’t read and almost choked on their tendies because they read Nintendo Direct and got excited. :neogaf

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #3263 on: March 16, 2019, 06:00:27 AM »
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying Hate Speech

I don't particularly like Pewdiepie, or understand his humour. But blaming him here is akin to how people have blamed violent video games, movies and music for other shootings over the years. I think we can all agree that Grand Theft Auto, Heath Ledgers Joker and Marilyn Manson weren't to blame for the tragedies that were attached to their names. You might not agree with the things that he does, but in this instance there's no one to blame but the psychopath that carried out this horrendous crime.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/post-18896028

What do you do when you've backed yourself into a corner like this?  Well, ban everyone seems the answer.
sigh

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #3264 on: March 16, 2019, 06:03:47 AM »
It's actually crazy the number of people that have come in here and made the exact same argument. Like... at least try.
It's almost as if they are all getting the same talking points from the same places. I can guess alt-right heavy reddit, youtube, and twitter spaces.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/post-18896237

It's crazy how so many people have the same argument against us! - Climate change deniers
sigh

halfanhourglass

« Reply #3265 on: March 16, 2019, 06:04:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/february-2019-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-march-12th.102857/post-18889370
Thinking of doing a post NPD wrap up video as well as March predictions on YouTube

Any interest in something like that?

Benji, you’re finally going to expand your insider cred like we all hoped. Kudos!

Perhaps you will be as successful as other great gaf/era insiders such as famous mortimer, thuway or shinobi of shinobi speaks.

BisMarckie

« Reply #3266 on: March 16, 2019, 06:08:53 AM »
I like this idea better than his 2000 NBA Draft coverage. :yuck

BisMarckie

« Reply #3267 on: March 16, 2019, 06:28:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chelsea-clinton-being-accosted-in-public-by-nyu-students-blaming-her-for-the-new-zealand-massacre.105666/

She helped drive the anti-semetic narrative on Ilhan Omar.
No sympathy.

You put words like those out there, expect people will confront you.

:what

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3268 on: March 16, 2019, 07:01:45 AM »
Re: Clinton attack.

Dems getting a taste of their own venom?

No, it's just more fucking crazy people that us sane people have to deal with.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3269 on: March 16, 2019, 07:05:58 AM »
How on earth is that harrassment. Looks like a heated conversation to me.

#NotAllHarassers
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3270 on: March 16, 2019, 07:11:43 AM »
Quote from: KamalaHarris
That girl makes Bernie supporters look bad which is a good thing I hope the video continues to spread

Is this the real Kamala Harris ? :trigger

ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3271 on: March 16, 2019, 07:38:14 AM »

No, it's just more fucking crazy people that us sane people have to deal with.

I don't know why I'm surprised at how quickly purplegafs crocodile tears dried up and this just became another entry on the culture warz chalkboard, but I am

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3272 on: March 16, 2019, 07:50:59 AM »
Bruh it got culture wars'd before the blood dried. it was being culture wars'd before they caught the fucking shooter

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3274 on: March 16, 2019, 08:07:16 AM »
Bruh it got culture wars'd before the blood dried. it was being culture wars'd before they caught the fucking shooter

I'm not surprised by the assholes that live for this shit, I'm surprised by era as a forum and official site policies.
Maybe I'm misremembering, but you didn't get staff sign off to make a "Um... lets talk about how gamer toxicity is the actual cause of brevik" take within less than 24 hours on orange gaf

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3275 on: March 16, 2019, 08:12:40 AM »
This is the weirdest fucking thing in this thread. Is being 20 years old in specific a special state of existence where anything you do is outside of criticism or logic? Because i remember being 20 years old, and i knew fully well whether i was being a douchebag or not.

:dunno
You seem unaware that you're a douchebag now, so.....

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3276 on: March 16, 2019, 08:17:29 AM »
Everyone knows that you're not accountable for your actions until you turn 34

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3277 on: March 16, 2019, 08:32:36 AM »

I still don't take full accountability for any of my actions  :snob

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3278 on: March 16, 2019, 08:53:20 AM »

Apparently the girl finger-pointing in the video posted it online in the hopes of getting money.  :doge
ど助平

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #3279 on: March 16, 2019, 09:26:00 AM »
Yeah the infamous "Rule 34".
Google it.   8)

Rman

« Reply #3280 on: March 16, 2019, 09:31:23 AM »
Yeah, yeah conservative talking point, but whatever happened to blaming the shooter? We have this navel-gazing about everything else.  It's like the reverse mental health motive but taken to the other side.  These men are clearly psychopaths, who spend almost all their days online. It's not healthy.  Isolation seems to be the most common link here.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3281 on: March 16, 2019, 10:09:58 AM »
Yeah, yeah conservative talking point, but whatever happened to blaming the shooter? We have this navel-gazing about everything else.  It's like the reverse mental health motive but taken to the other side.  These men are clearly psychopaths, who spend almost all their days online. It's not healthy.  Isolation seems to be the most common link here.
Are you describing the murderer or the Reeee members?
Spud

zepblackstar

« Reply #3282 on: March 16, 2019, 10:30:09 AM »
Can we extradite this guy to the United States and put him in a prison that will rough him up? I doubt New Zealand prison system are that rough.

FUCK OFF

Replies to this aren't along the lines of "No, you have enough fucking mass shooters of your own, you don't need to import them" or "Why don't the actual victims where this happened get to administer justice?".

They're fucking "Not with Trump as president!".
Oh you fucking self-obsessed pieces of shit.

"but it made me feel bad, why cant I have a mob beating in my country?"

Lowkey New Zealand per population has the highest violent gang membership across all racial groups in the world.  50/50 chance he gets fucked up or worshipped in any of their jails.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3283 on: March 16, 2019, 10:54:08 AM »
Lowkey New Zealand per population has the highest violent gang membership across all racial groups in the world.  50/50 chance he gets fucked up or worshipped in any of their jails.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #3284 on: March 16, 2019, 11:10:45 AM »
With reality substituted by endless streams of delusional garbage.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/b1hjtn/rwatchpeopledie_has_been_banned_please_discuss/

https://twitter.com/drewharwell/status/1106406072728858626

"Experience unfiltered reality" ::)
What a load of horseshit. We experience unfiltered reality ever single day (ignoring our cognitive speehacks for the moment...). Making arbitrary and horrific death a part of your daily routine isn't exactly reality, it's the mental equivalent of peeling the dead skin on the side of your thumbnail. Complusive, completely pointless and sometimes painful.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3285 on: March 16, 2019, 11:15:39 AM »
Isolation in the real world + insular communities stuck in an unhealthy feedback loop

It was easier to avoid being sucked into that kind of life in the pre-internet days, because you actively had to go out into the world and find those groups. It wasn't impossible, of course, just look at the propagation of right-wing militias in the 90s. They weren't using the internet, but people of like mind still gravitated towards each other. But without a doubt the internet, and specifically the ubiquitous nature of social media and the inability of tech companies to take action against blatantly poisonous groups, has exacerbated the issue.
dog

Boredfrom

« Reply #3286 on: March 16, 2019, 11:39:35 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chelsea-clinton-being-accosted-in-public-by-nyu-students-blaming-her-for-the-new-zealand-massacre.105666/

She helped drive the anti-semetic narrative on Ilhan Omar.
No sympathy.

You put words like those out there, expect people will confront you.

:what

Is vile how hard they dehumanize people because “she is a white female”. I’m not fan of the Clintons, but she didn’t serse to be blamed of the murders because she got in a fight with your favorite shit talking politicians.

zepblackstar

« Reply #3287 on: March 16, 2019, 12:01:20 PM »
Ilhan Omar helped drive the anti-semitic narrative by just talking and tweeting herself. :comeon

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3288 on: March 16, 2019, 12:31:19 PM »
I'm with the reeeeee on this one  :clap :clap :clap

broken clock is right twice a day  :success

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3289 on: March 16, 2019, 12:38:35 PM »
Where's the ISIS killer's "angelic" baby pictures? Why isn't the white killer's crimes emphasized instead of the killer himself?
It's because they expect the Muslim to be a killer, like he was born that way, but the white blonde kid is an aberration, he had to be corrupted from his "natural" state.

yeah bro, defend ISIS getting 'a bad rap' in the press, and make this the topic to do it in

:mindblown

Bananas

« Reply #3290 on: March 16, 2019, 12:44:42 PM »

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3291 on: March 16, 2019, 01:02:16 PM »

8)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3292 on: March 16, 2019, 01:10:20 PM »
Bananas if you want to post in that thread to let them know exactly how moronic they are no-one is stopping you, but if you want to link a NeoGaf thread here it should be much more interesting than that.

Leadbelly

« Reply #3293 on: March 16, 2019, 01:16:39 PM »
I knew ERA was full of scumbags, but fuck me, this thread is disgusting.

Ban me again, please. I want nothing more to do with this cesspit and it's Nazi Children's Entertainer apologists. There are far too many to call this a decent community. This is just purple GAF.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/page-45#post-18900160

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/post-18901508
This dude obviously has some kind of secret agenda otherwise you don’t get named by a white supremacist mass murderer before a mass shooting. The best way to get your facist ideas across is with humor and he does it like no other. He is probably secretly active in underground Nazi groups.

Obviously.

This is the ramblings of a paranoid lunatic, but the funny thing is, it is at least an attempt to try to explain the connection between Pewdiepie and the mass shooting of Muslims. Because what is even more ludicrous is to believe that what naturally follows from watching 'Meme Review' is the slaughter of 49 Muslims. Or even making an edgy joke once.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3294 on: March 16, 2019, 01:25:50 PM »
Bananas if you want to post in that thread to let them know exactly how moronic they are no-one is stopping you, but if you want to link a NeoGaf thread here it should be much more interesting than that.

Don't tone police brah.
It's a free marketplace of likes.
ὕβρις

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #3295 on: March 16, 2019, 02:05:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forbes-after-the-new-zealand-terror-attack-here’s-why-8chan-won’t-be-wiped-from-the-web.105724/

Boycott ResetEra, they use the same Cloudflare service that protects known den of pedophiles and murderers 8chan.  By the transitive property of reee all that Era Clear(haha it’s like an acne medicine) money is supporting 8chan.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #3296 on: March 16, 2019, 02:18:13 PM »

Don't tone police brah.
It's a free marketplace of likes.

:rogan :bedroomeyes
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3297 on: March 16, 2019, 02:21:07 PM »
What's up with the registration process on this website? Can you use free emails or something? Why are there so many burner troll accounts?

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did go through the normal waiting process and just have 50+ accounts , a stack that they basically can pull from when they start getting banned. Trolls have that much pathetic dedication to stirring the pot.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/page-50#post-18907696

:dsp
ὕβρις

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #3298 on: March 16, 2019, 02:24:28 PM »

Leadbelly

« Reply #3299 on: March 16, 2019, 02:27:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/post-18906822

You are missing something because no one said that.
What people are actually saying is that PDPs flippancy toward the struggles of marginalized groups and bellitling of them contributes to an overall culture of bigotry and hate that reinforces the ideals of white supremacists, the ones who are violent and the ones who are not. That's without even going into the fact that he supports and follows the very thought leaders in the alt-right that also stoke the fires of white nationalism, xenophobia and overall bigotry. That is the argument.

This is such a nebulous argument. It is also very self-serving because essentially it means any argument that is critical of a particular far-left ideological perspective is in some way contributing to a culture of bigotry, and that in some indirect way reinforces the ideals of white supremacists. You can literally make that argument to anyone who has an opposing view. It's pure sophistry because in some sense there is a vague element of truth in it, but at the same time explains absolutely nothing. It's not measurable, it's not falsifiable, and the argument can be thrown at literally anyone who is not lockstep in agreement with a particular viewpoint. Nevermind the fact that, based on the guy's own manifesto they are way off the mark anyway. lol

« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 02:32:30 PM by Leadbelly »