Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751106 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #3420 on: March 17, 2019, 03:51:12 AM »
Considering the fact that they clipped the his reply and didn't mention his use of the word f*ggot, or that he called NZ a 'shithole country', I don't think it's much of a stretch to question the site's objectivity.

And judging by the comment's section, the site is even worse than that.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3421 on: March 17, 2019, 03:55:12 AM »
Could nearly agree with his reply until he used the gay slur "f---got". This guy still has a lot of growing up to do.

So you almost didn't think he should have complied with nz police until he said taco, and now you think he should have handed over the data?  ???

No, it's clearly still a case of police overreach, but this guy is also a pos so it's hard for me to care about any indignity he's feeling

jorma

« Reply #3422 on: March 17, 2019, 04:25:23 AM »
Could nearly agree with his reply until he used the gay slur "f---got". This guy still has a lot of growing up to do.

So you almost didn't think he should have complied with nz police until he said taco, and now you think he should have handed over the data?  ???

No, it's clearly still a case of police overreach, but this guy is also a pos so it's hard for me to care about any indignity he's feeling

i don't think you are supposed to care about his feelings anyway, so...  :yeshrug

PogiJones

« Reply #3423 on: March 17, 2019, 04:37:45 AM »
One of my least favorite parts of RE is they think indignation is a valid argument.

"I don't know if I agree, here are X, Y, and Z reasons why."
"Wow."
"You're a piece of trash."
"Oh boy."
"Yikes."

And then mods punctuate the indignation with a ban. And no one addresses X, Y, or Z.

PogiJones

« Reply #3424 on: March 17, 2019, 04:42:49 AM »
I'm sure RE would have been horrified by my moderate sister's indignation when I let her know that a gaming forum has decided she's been brainwashed with internalized misogyny on her more conservative views and she can't think logically for herself. I'm sure her indignation would change all their views.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #3425 on: March 17, 2019, 04:45:13 AM »
One of my least favorite parts of RE is they think indignation is a valid argument.

"I don't know if I agree, here are X, Y, and Z reasons why."
"Wow."
"You're a piece of trash."
"Oh boy."
"Yikes."

And then mods punctuate the indignation with a ban. And no one addresses X, Y, or Z.

When I was a kid my sister was raped by "X, Y, and Z."  If you ever talk about X, Y, and Z again I will die.  Just mentioning X, Y, and Z makes me experience pain. 

Do you not care?
sigh

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3426 on: March 17, 2019, 04:46:31 AM »

i don't think you are supposed to care about his feelings anyway, so...  :yeshrug

I mean his post did have a sort of "they're coming after us" "woe is me" tinge to it.

I imagine tons of sites recently got a simiilarly worded invitation to disclose user information. They're not compelling the site owner's to surrender the information. The police are basically banking on the recipient being too stupid to realise they can refuse. It's like when a cop tries to get you to talk to them without a lawyer. It's not the cop's fault if you're stupid enough to incriminate yourself. As David Simon once wrote "it's all in the game".

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #3427 on: March 17, 2019, 04:56:46 AM »

jorma

« Reply #3428 on: March 17, 2019, 05:16:10 AM »

I mean his post did have a sort of "they're coming after us" "woe is me" tinge to it.

I imagine tons of sites recently got a simiilarly worded invitation to disclose user information. They're not compelling the site owner's to surrender the information. The police are basically banking on the recipient being too stupid to realise they can refuse. It's like when a cop tries to get you to talk to them without a lawyer. It's not the cop's fault if you're stupid enough to incriminate yourself. As David Simon once wrote "it's all in the game".

So you don't think it's police overreach anymore?
Or you do think it is police overreach, you just don't think it's a bad thing?

And he wouldn't incriminate himself, but his nz userbase. I do agree that a less aggressive and childish stance would have served better (lex pirate bay), but i think it's a good thing that he made the request public and let his users know that he wasn't going to comply.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3429 on: March 17, 2019, 05:33:48 AM »

That's post 2016 GAF really and ERA was created on the back of indignation (rightful or not). The entire ERA thesaurus is a master class on dismissing arguments preemptively by discrediting users (bad faith, alt accounts, bots...), their motives (both sides, whataboutism, dogwhistling...) and painting opinions under the maximalist, most slippery slope possible (downplaying, vilifying...).
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3430 on: March 17, 2019, 05:44:00 AM »
As for the moderation I guess it's somewhere between the inmates appointed as the asylum administrative staff and following the tide of indignation. It's maybe not concerted but it's been said enough to be registered that the core of progressive users could just bail to their own forum the moment they feel the moderation isn't doing enough, something they always seem to be on the verge to.

As everyone on ERA is aware, it's not exactly hard. There's some financial costs to it but nothing extravagant. They could patreon that shit if a few thousands are on board.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 05:48:24 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3431 on: March 17, 2019, 05:51:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/page-57#post-18926709

Watch in awe as this mundane and minute factual correction regarding the latest PDP upload has started a dogpile as the user feels he must repeatedly proclaim innocence.
ὕβρις

jorma

« Reply #3432 on: March 17, 2019, 05:55:52 AM »
As for the moderation I guess it's somewhere between the inmates appointed as the asylum administrative staff and following the tide of indignation. It's maybe not concerted but it's been said enough to be registered that the core of progressive users could just bail to their own forum the moment they feel the moderation isn't doing enough, something they always seem to be on the verge to.

they'd never bail, because they know they'd just be 200 users posting "yikes" into the void, and they would never again be able to feel the rush of reporting a bad faith poster and seeing him banned

just like they were "fuck no" when it was suggested that they'd get their own subforum within ree. They need people to lord it over.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3433 on: March 17, 2019, 06:18:02 AM »
The most dangerous thing about Peterson’s message is it’s being spread along racial lines too. I live in a mostly Mexican-America area (we’re the majority by a good amount) and people love this guy here. I see black artist in my area telling people that his book changed aged their life.

Everyone is just not able to understand how toxic he is

I guess it's "across" not "along"...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tonight-we-cancel-charlie-hunnam-for-being-a-jordan-peterson-intellectual-dark-web-fanboy.105605/page-5#post-18896079
ὕβρις

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #3434 on: March 17, 2019, 06:22:12 AM »
So today I learned that the 'OK' hand signal has been somehow co-opted and is a troll-y white power symbol. I just taught this symbol to my 5 year old and 7 year old the other day unaware of any alternative meaning.

You may be silently judged or harassed by someone who mistakes your 'ok' for 'white power' and that'll be something you have to deal with as this is co-opted more and more into the alt-right white supremacy movement.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3435 on: March 17, 2019, 07:37:26 AM »
The most dangerous thing about Peterson’s message is it’s being spread along racial lines too. I live in a mostly Mexican-America area (we’re the majority by a good amount) and people love this guy here. I see black artist in my area telling people that his book changed aged their life.

Everyone is just not able to understand how toxic he is

I guess it's "across" not "along"...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tonight-we-cancel-charlie-hunnam-for-being-a-jordan-peterson-intellectual-dark-web-fanboy.105605/page-5#post-18896079

Spud

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3436 on: March 17, 2019, 08:54:28 AM »
waifu-culture is yikes and cringeworthy
liking women is so gay

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Bananas

« Reply #3438 on: March 17, 2019, 09:15:12 AM »
Bananas if you want to post in that thread to let them know exactly how moronic they are no-one is stopping you, but if you want to link a NeoGaf thread here it should be much more interesting than that.
Have you looked into a mirror recently?  :doge

Bananas

« Reply #3439 on: March 17, 2019, 09:23:19 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3440 on: March 17, 2019, 09:33:51 AM »
Why are you funneling likes to Great Sage's post  :bolo

:win :trumps

Bananas

« Reply #3441 on: March 17, 2019, 09:37:27 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gunman-in-new-zealand-loose-shooting-up-mosque-and-others.1473605/page-15#post-253865940

Lets see the evidence. The guy was in 4Chan's board, and we don't have a reason to dispute it, and he declared his wish to livestream the event on FaceBook which he did, now this brings up some questions.

1.If you see his Facebook account, you can see pictures with family and such , shitposting, memes and such, but what you don't see is:

A.Pictures of him trained with guns or where,

B.Pictures of him where/when he learned to create and use bombs and whatnot.

You expect me to believe that a shitposter that was MORE THAN WILLING to put his terrible act onto the world's biggest social media and boast about the act beforehand would be shying of showcasing his training/skills/ammo beforehand?

2.He says he has had a team, a team implies preparation, co-ordination and most of all training, we don't see the other suspects but he himself said he had a firing squad with him.

Where did he found the squad? Where/when did he trained with them? Is he going to name them in the past days?

3.His gun skill was far from perfect but he was FAR ABOVE AND BEYOND what every modern guy has had, esspecialy a guy who (by his own testimony) has only learned how to wield and use firearms from Forthnite! FORTHNITE! The game that Chans call CancerAids!

A. He notices jams almost instantly when they happen.

B. Commenting he did not had time to aim down the sights as he did so.

C. One victim tries to run past him and trip him down, and he shot him as he fell over with him.

D. Walking out, he shot a woman moving but the angle was between two walls, the shot was something no normie could have done.

E. He finished said woman and then ran her over. That is not something you do when you are not a proffessional killer.

4.Like I said everything about the guy is TOO FUCKING GOOD for the Left. Every freaking MEME checks out, playing 'Remove Kebab' on his way in and 'Gas Gas Gas' in his way out putting in PewDiePie in it as well!

5.He uses the Alt-Rights Memes wrongfully or uses old and irrelevant memes, from PewDiePie who the Chans have a mixed opinion, at BEST to the whole Navy Seal copypaste meme who no one has ever used it since 2012! The guy screams fake Channer.

6.Before he did the attack he made a Twitter post on visiting Pakistan. Even commenting on the beauty of this place and such. Which Channer's foreign visit is in Pakistan? PAKISTAN! The second biggest muslim state after Indonesia. Which Islamophobe goes to visit such a country?

7.He said he planned his attack for the last 2-3 years and his attack on that site for the last 4-5 months (Greek News source, so they may have it wrong, here) how did his opinion changed from October to March?!

8.He is a Channer, but guess how many times in his attack or his manifest he blames or attributes blame on the Jews? ONCE! When he tells about them he has no problem with them as long as they stay in Israel and not muddle themselves in the Western politics and societies. How many Channers would pass off a chance to publicly lay the blame on the Jews?

9.In his manifesto is saying he is considering himself an eco-terrorist who dislikes Trump and likes the communistic regiment's policy. A guy who uses all the Alt-Right MEMES inaccurately or else, to claim that, it stretches his credibility.

10.He claims he is an accelerationist and he does this to have the media and governments of the world to overplay their globalistic hand, to ensue more censorship and put down the freedoms of the average Wester civilian. Guess what? He got his wish!! And his wish oh-so-happen to allign with the globalistic wishes!

Yes, this REEKS of false flag to me. If it does not to you, I am sorry, nothing I can do.[/quote

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3442 on: March 17, 2019, 09:40:34 AM »
Nah, man. This “leftists eating their own” shit is a complete fabrication.

If someone like Griffin pulls off a stunt like this, the left should and will call them out for their shit.

If as a result of that they double down, refuse to come to terms with their own failings, or slide further to the right, then they get eaten. But doing that means that they were never “one of our own” in the first place. They were just masquerading.

:era

OMG, the post after that.

“Leftist eating their own”= “please don’t be critical of me and force me to do any introspection of myself viewpoints and politics”

There are leftists here that condoned the harassment and death threats she's gotten over this.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ch...ming-her-for-the-new-zealand-massacre.105666/

Some allies.

nope, no ouroboros

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #3443 on: March 17, 2019, 09:44:00 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gunman-in-new-zealand-loose-shooting-up-mosque-and-others.1473605/page-15#post-253865829

Oh hey, they started to call the shooting a false-flag already.

Quote from: JordanN
It's one of the big reasons I question immigration. How did it all begin?
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3444 on: March 17, 2019, 09:46:39 AM »
I honestly see no hope for Humanity other than another world war at this point either we win or them, we kept saying the regressive sick fucks will die out, but they're breeding and the ones doing the mass killings are in their 20's, social media, Twitter, Facebook, Youtube are allowing supremacist bullshit to spread and perpetuate instead of fizzling and dying out like it would've before the digital age, and I don't see any the world moving towards policing the internet when we get dumbasses like Trump, Bolsonaro and the idiots in power in Italy elected.
"Free Speech" purist morons and their cowardice have basically fucked us. We badly need heavy regulation for this shit, but people would rather do nothing and let people die. "It can't be helped" or "It's better than the government fucking up" or "It's a slippery slope".

Well, thanks to those assholes White Nationalism and Fascism is on the rise around the world, because we've willingly given these fucksticks a voice instead of doing the right thing and shutting them down.

The chans all need to be deleted. Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube need to have a purging and harsh moderation. Fox News needs to be taken off the air.

Sadly, nothing significant will happen and this bullshit Nazi movement is going to grow. No one is doing *shit*. The United States is entrenched in white supremacy, fosters it, and exports it. It's not just a horrific ideology, it's a fucking Product and its audience is growing and putting people like Trump in power.

It's not going to stop and the things that need to be shut down aren't going to be shut down. This shit is just going to get worse.

Because "my free speech".

sent from my iPhone

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3445 on: March 17, 2019, 09:48:42 AM »

They don't really, they just know there's no actual arguing with it so can use it as a bludgeon to stifle further conversation.
Its like saying WELL THAT'S MY OPINION, but amped up.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3446 on: March 17, 2019, 09:54:04 AM »
Oh hey, they started to call the shooting a false-flag already.

The shooter was some textbook disingenuous snarky internet fuck, questioning what - if any - of his "manifesto" is or is not some elaborate troll intended to fuck with people further is something anyone who actually has any interest in what this scumfuck had to say should be doing.

And it doesn;t really matter what some internet dumbshit thinks really happened, the whole thing was fucking caught on tape for an egotists posterity, and the reaction from the authorities in the country where it happened is going to be the same reaction any sane country would have; change existing legislature to make this or similar incidents harder to occur in the future.

nudemacusers

« Reply #3447 on: March 17, 2019, 09:58:16 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/gunman-in-new-zealand-loose-shooting-up-mosque-and-others.1473605/page-15#post-253865940

Lets see the evidence. The guy was in 4Chan's board, and we don't have a reason to dispute it, and he declared his wish to livestream the event on FaceBook which he did, now this brings up some questions.

1.If you see his Facebook account, you can see pictures with family and such , shitposting, memes and such, but what you don't see is:

A.Pictures of him trained with guns or where,

B.Pictures of him where/when he learned to create and use bombs and whatnot.

You expect me to believe that a shitposter that was MORE THAN WILLING to put his terrible act onto the world's biggest social media and boast about the act beforehand would be shying of showcasing his training/skills/ammo beforehand?

2.He says he has had a team, a team implies preparation, co-ordination and most of all training, we don't see the other suspects but he himself said he had a firing squad with him.

Where did he found the squad? Where/when did he trained with them? Is he going to name them in the past days?

3.His gun skill was far from perfect but he was FAR ABOVE AND BEYOND what every modern guy has had, esspecialy a guy who (by his own testimony) has only learned how to wield and use firearms from Forthnite! FORTHNITE! The game that Chans call CancerAids!

A. He notices jams almost instantly when they happen.

B. Commenting he did not had time to aim down the sights as he did so.

C. One victim tries to run past him and trip him down, and he shot him as he fell over with him.

D. Walking out, he shot a woman moving but the angle was between two walls, the shot was something no normie could have done.

E. He finished said woman and then ran her over. That is not something you do when you are not a proffessional killer.

4.Like I said everything about the guy is TOO FUCKING GOOD for the Left. Every freaking MEME checks out, playing 'Remove Kebab' on his way in and 'Gas Gas Gas' in his way out putting in PewDiePie in it as well!

5.He uses the Alt-Rights Memes wrongfully or uses old and irrelevant memes, from PewDiePie who the Chans have a mixed opinion, at BEST to the whole Navy Seal copypaste meme who no one has ever used it since 2012! The guy screams fake Channer.

6.Before he did the attack he made a Twitter post on visiting Pakistan. Even commenting on the beauty of this place and such. Which Channer's foreign visit is in Pakistan? PAKISTAN! The second biggest muslim state after Indonesia. Which Islamophobe goes to visit such a country?

7.He said he planned his attack for the last 2-3 years and his attack on that site for the last 4-5 months (Greek News source, so they may have it wrong, here) how did his opinion changed from October to March?!

8.He is a Channer, but guess how many times in his attack or his manifest he blames or attributes blame on the Jews? ONCE! When he tells about them he has no problem with them as long as they stay in Israel and not muddle themselves in the Western politics and societies. How many Channers would pass off a chance to publicly lay the blame on the Jews?

9.In his manifesto is saying he is considering himself an eco-terrorist who dislikes Trump and likes the communistic regiment's policy. A guy who uses all the Alt-Right MEMES inaccurately or else, to claim that, it stretches his credibility.

10.He claims he is an accelerationist and he does this to have the media and governments of the world to overplay their globalistic hand, to ensue more censorship and put down the freedoms of the average Wester civilian. Guess what? He got his wish!! And his wish oh-so-happen to allign with the globalistic wishes!

Yes, this REEKS of false flag to me. If it does not to you, I am sorry, nothing I can do.
“Old and irrelevant memes” lmao jfc  :dizzy
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3448 on: March 17, 2019, 10:01:45 AM »
For those who try the old 'they just had mental health issues' excuse, why doesn't everyone with mental health issues go on killing sprees against specific groups?

The reason is, these killers found people and platforms that fed into their delusions and hate and gave them the confidence to embrace it.

That's why people blame PDP et al, because they foster an environment where people feel comfortable in those beliefs and some eventually act on them.

If you genuinely can't understand this very simple example of cause and effect then you need to do some serious research and start thinking critically otherwise you are being willfully ignorant and are basically a piece of shit for trying to argue otherwise.

okay, so using those not-a-piece-of-shit critical thinking skills, why doesn't everyone who has been radicalised through watching pewdiepie also not go on killing sprees against specific groups?
Is there maybe something else involved that makes this an extraordinary occurrence?

Because doing what he did is not a signifier of good mental health.

Jansen

« Reply #3449 on: March 17, 2019, 10:03:01 AM »
Neogaf discussion :donot
care posting :donot

Jansen

« Reply #3450 on: March 17, 2019, 10:11:49 AM »
Hey Banbot can you total up all the bans in the PDP thread so far

Shit is nuts

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3451 on: March 17, 2019, 10:21:16 AM »
Hey Banbot can you total up all the bans in the PDP thread so far

Shit is nuts

Its at #3 on their all time greatest hits.
At time of writing it still needs 4 more to catch up to "Cyberpunk Twitter makes 'did you assume my gender?' joke" and a whopping 35 more to catch up to "Why some women complain about vidya titties".

Propagandhim

« Reply #3452 on: March 17, 2019, 10:22:04 AM »
For those who try the old 'they just had mental health issues' excuse, why doesn't everyone with mental health issues go on killing sprees against specific groups?

The reason is, these killers found people and platforms that fed into their delusions and hate and gave them the confidence to embrace it.

That's why people blame PDP et al, because they foster an environment where people feel comfortable in those beliefs and some eventually act on them.

If you genuinely can't understand this very simple example of cause and effect then you need to do some serious research and start thinking critically otherwise you are being willfully ignorant and are basically a piece of shit for trying to argue otherwise.

okay, so using those not-a-piece-of-shit critical thinking skills, why doesn't everyone who has been radicalised through watching pewdiepie also not go on killing sprees against specific groups?
Is there maybe something else involved that makes this an extraordinary occurrence?

Yeah but if Youtube is the limiting factor and you ban Youtube, then the extraordinary occurrences don't occur, duh bitch i solved violence 4ever

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3453 on: March 17, 2019, 10:23:20 AM »

Yeah but if Youtube is the limiting factor and you ban Youtube, then the extraordinary occurrences don't occur, duh bitch

:ohhh

tummyfat

« Reply #3454 on: March 17, 2019, 10:25:58 AM »
It’s ridiculous to even begin to state that Pewdiepie radicalized this guy.  Has PDP made a lot of content on sub replacement fertility? I kind of doubt he has

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3455 on: March 17, 2019, 10:31:38 AM »
He did shout rape a lot in his old videos.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3456 on: March 17, 2019, 10:37:36 AM »
Fifty people were murdered by his fans, remember. Fifty. Not just men or women but children too. Innocent people who were just attending a religious service. All because of a movement he is quite literally a ringleader of.

but nobody's saying hes to blame, read threadmarks

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #3457 on: March 17, 2019, 10:39:41 AM »
It's all J.D Salinger's fault for writing Catcher in the Rye

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #3458 on: March 17, 2019, 10:42:51 AM »
Now find something more recent than 6 years ago.

Holy hell, is Chelsea Clinton really worth digging up someone's tweets from their teenage years to try to discredit them?

Look in the mirror, you people are cyber bullies, plain and simple.

on the verge of a realisation...

jorma

« Reply #3459 on: March 17, 2019, 10:46:29 AM »
It's all J.D Salinger's fault for writing Catcher in the Rye

oh look, we got another one who DIDN'T READ THE FUCKING THREADMARKS

dealing with all these burner accounts is so exhausting

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #3460 on: March 17, 2019, 10:50:39 AM »
What a phony.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #3461 on: March 17, 2019, 11:13:51 AM »
Fox News et al blasting 24/7 right wing garbage, sitting back watching PewDiePie take all the heat like  :success
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

« Reply #3462 on: March 17, 2019, 12:16:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-npd-media-create-numbers-will-no-longer-be-public-where-is-the-gaming-press.105481/
Isn't it the role of the press to prevent such things ? If a publisher is pushing for keeping data from us, isn't it the role of the gaming press to point the finger ?

Why does this asshole think he is entitled to sales number? B-but muh console wars

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3463 on: March 17, 2019, 12:19:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/post-18928057

Quote from: she_esh
https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1107236042262884352

This this this.

Followed by a bunch of people agreeing with the post

"Era doesn't think he's responsible for this, my god, and people who say we do are trying to downplay!!!"

ctrl + F responsible

To all the people trying to use Joker, Rick and Morty, Fight Club or even violent video games as a scapegoat for why PewdiePie isn't responsible for the message of his content like me just add this

Those are fictional characters with no real agency or agenda that they push daily.

Felix is a real person. With agency and free will who has cultivated his fan base FOR YEARS.

"Pewdiepie had nothing to do with the tragedy" and "Pewdiepie is responsible for his own actions." are incompatible sentiments.

I think Pewd is a POS and he's directly responsible for radicalizing people like the guy who went on this killing spree.

True same motherfuckers defending Pew, by “just asking questions bro!” Or “he’s not responsible!” Etc etc

Wouldn’t give the same benefit of the doubt to marginalized groups.

Y’all are suspect as fuk

Fuck PewDiePie, I hope he never lives this down and it haunts him for the rest of his life.

I blame every single breeding ground for these terrorists, youtube and others should be held responsible for this.

How many account have gotten bans this thread ?

Do they never learn ?

PWP is responsible.
He encouraged it, he endorsed it, and then he „appologises“, just to repeat the cycle again later.

Gotta love all the alt accounts that are coming out of the woods.
Post in your main account fucking cowards !
PDP is responsible for this, since the beggining the majority of his audience was internet shit lords and now they are becoming terrorist with the help of him, 4chan, 8chan and the various alrt right media.

Quote from: Gestault
I blame PDP for his contribution here for the same reasons Jim Jones is responsible for what happened at Jonestown, even though his followers "chose" to do what they did.

There's directed, intentional influence along the exact lines of the resulting action, right down to being flippant about mass ethnic killings; PDP is a figure who relishes in his influence over these audiences, and the cult-like following is obvious in any setting where people are critical of him.

Oh hey here are a couple posts that says he shouldn't be called responsible

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/post-18877819

Quote from: Sinkfloridasink
User Banned (1 Month): Downplaying hate speech over a series of posts, accounts still in junior phase

Sidenote I think calling him responsible is a slippery slope. Someone who voted for Trump is not necessarily responsible for Trump's actions, but they are complicit and they have a way to rebuke any actions they don't agree with. His response to this, and actions moving forward are what are critical here.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/post-18869288

Quote from: More Butter
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying hate speech

Unless Pew Die Pie told people go out and kill people he is in no way responsible. Bernie Sanders was not responsible for the gunman who went and shot up congress people at that softball game either. Killers are responsible for killings. If a figure is inciting people to violence that is a different story.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/post-18867047

Quote from: wubbyz
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying hate speech.

Quote from: Raguel
You're a fucking idiot
Because I disagree that the YouTube man isn’t responsible for terrorism? I’m gonna have to tough the rest of my day out knowing that user Raguel doesn’t think very highly of me.
Uncle

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #3464 on: March 17, 2019, 12:19:44 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3465 on: March 17, 2019, 12:25:15 PM »
THIS post is fucked up

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/post-18902392

Quote from: exotoro
i keep seeing this reddit post pop up in "defense" of pewdiepie

(Image removed from quote.)

like, its complete nonsense, right?

edit: should probably clarify; i want to either debunk this or at least have something to say in response to it because
1) finding the manifesto at all to even see if there's a source to this claim is hard
2) it is complete nonsense. the problem is it is an easy way to reframe the entire pewdiepie argument as something that the terrorist wants and thats bad
3) even if it was completely true, pewdiepie should still be held somewhat responsible as he never bothered to distance himself away from the alt-right

"We aren't allowed to talk about the manifesto here and law enforcement/sites are actively taking it down as fast as it resurfaces, therefore claims that he wanted to troll and confuse people are unsourced"

:what :crazy :cmonson
Uncle

KarpalaJoe

« Reply #3466 on: March 17, 2019, 12:29:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/page-52#post-18914051

I'm fairly certain Felix has the same political views as Petterson and Shapiro. He's clearly on the right/conservatism side. People got fooled because he's funny, has that cool attitude and all, but he clearly is. I'm shocked people realized this now or need to search on his twitter to see who he does or doesn't follow. Pewdiepie is the embodiement of what an human 4chan would talk and think like. 4chan is funny, hard to recommand, borderline, controversial and clearly on the right side of the political spectrum. Pewdiepie is exactly that. Yes, Pewdiepie is more on the right and conservatism spectrum of political ideas. It's like some people tried to believe otherwise because they wanted him to be left, just so they could feel better at watching his content.

Does being a right/consevatist make him a white suprematist ? Nope, not even close.
Does being a right/conservatist make him accountable for what a 28 year old deranged adult did in NZ ? Certainly not, even if the killer was making references of Pewdiepie.

There are a lot of fucked-up people in the world. You can never be certain a jackass on pills will not do something awful and despicable in your name. When hardcore salafist kill innocents people in Syria or Irak, they do it in the name of Islam or to defend what they - wrongly - think to be muslim values. Should all muslim or the Quran be accountable for all those deaths ? No, certainly not. All those innocent killings by salafists are the awful deeds of crazy and bloodlusted people.

When someone deranged scream he's killing innocent people in the name of Pewdiepie or uses his meme or anything, should Pewdiepie be held accountable for it ? Certainly not because there are no double standard to have.

It smells a lot like people in this thread just hated him prior this event and just use this event to hate him even more. It's fine, but trying to paint him as a white suprematist because he said the N-word once or because he's inviting Ben Shapiro on his shows is just being dumb and very obtuse. Trying to held him accountable for the NZ killing because some want to believe hard he's a white supermatist is even dumber and pretty transparent. You don't have to find yourself dumb excuses to hate Pewdiepie.

Probably the most intelligent post of the whole thread. Of course, he's/she's banned.

It's entirely true that reeeeeee hated pewdiepie with a passion way before this event happened. They just want to see big names fall and celebrate on the altar of progressism. It makes them think they have some form of power over the world and can bend it to their twisted will.

Edit : The moderator must have been confused with this one : Is it a real girl or a troon ? Should I ban or give her/it a pass ?

« Reply #3467 on: March 17, 2019, 12:39:26 PM »
Tbf thinking PDP is funny is a legitimate ban worthy reason

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #3468 on: March 17, 2019, 12:40:17 PM »
What a strange presentation of denial. They ban anyone who says that PDP wasn't directly responsible, have tons of posts that blame the massacre on PDP but then claim that no one actually says that PDP is responsible

Leadbelly

« Reply #3469 on: March 17, 2019, 12:40:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/post-18928057

Quote from: she_esh
https://twitter.com/Hbomberguy/status/1107236042262884352

This this this.

Followed by a bunch of people agreeing with the post

"Era doesn't think he's responsible for this, my god, and people who say we do are trying to downplay!!!"

ctrl + F responsible

To all the people trying to use Joker, Rick and Morty, Fight Club or even violent video games as a scapegoat for why PewdiePie isn't responsible for the message of his content like me just add this

Those are fictional characters with no real agency or agenda that they push daily.

Felix is a real person. With agency and free will who has cultivated his fan base FOR YEARS.

"Pewdiepie had nothing to do with the tragedy" and "Pewdiepie is responsible for his own actions." are incompatible sentiments.

I think Pewd is a POS and he's directly responsible for radicalizing people like the guy who went on this killing spree.

True same motherfuckers defending Pew, by “just asking questions bro!” Or “he’s not responsible!” Etc etc

Wouldn’t give the same benefit of the doubt to marginalized groups.

Y’all are suspect as fuk

Fuck PewDiePie, I hope he never lives this down and it haunts him for the rest of his life.

I blame every single breeding ground for these terrorists, youtube and others should be held responsible for this.

How many account have gotten bans this thread ?

Do they never learn ?

PWP is responsible.
He encouraged it, he endorsed it, and then he „appologises“, just to repeat the cycle again later.

Gotta love all the alt accounts that are coming out of the woods.
Post in your main account fucking cowards !
PDP is responsible for this, since the beggining the majority of his audience was internet shit lords and now they are becoming terrorist with the help of him, 4chan, 8chan and the various alrt right media.

Quote from: Gestault
I blame PDP for his contribution here for the same reasons Jim Jones is responsible for what happened at Jonestown, even though his followers "chose" to do what they did.

There's directed, intentional influence along the exact lines of the resulting action, right down to being flippant about mass ethnic killings; PDP is a figure who relishes in his influence over these audiences, and the cult-like following is obvious in any setting where people are critical of him.

Oh hey here are a couple posts that says he shouldn't be called responsible

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/post-18877819

Quote from: Sinkfloridasink
User Banned (1 Month): Downplaying hate speech over a series of posts, accounts still in junior phase

Sidenote I think calling him responsible is a slippery slope. Someone who voted for Trump is not necessarily responsible for Trump's actions, but they are complicit and they have a way to rebuke any actions they don't agree with. His response to this, and actions moving forward are what are critical here.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/post-18869288

Quote from: More Butter
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying hate speech

Unless Pew Die Pie told people go out and kill people he is in no way responsible. Bernie Sanders was not responsible for the gunman who went and shot up congress people at that softball game either. Killers are responsible for killings. If a figure is inciting people to violence that is a different story.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/post-18867047

Quote from: wubbyz
User Banned (2 Weeks): Downplaying hate speech.

Quote from: Raguel
You're a fucking idiot
Because I disagree that the YouTube man isn’t responsible for terrorism? I’m gonna have to tough the rest of my day out knowing that user Raguel doesn’t think very highly of me.

I'm not saying he is responsible, but he's responsible.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #3470 on: March 17, 2019, 12:52:36 PM »

Fifty people were murdered by his fans, remember. Fifty. Not just men or women but children too. Innocent people who were just attending a religious service. All because of a movement he is quite literally a ringleader of.

They were Tusken Raiders apparently.
Oi Oi

tummyfat

« Reply #3471 on: March 17, 2019, 12:52:43 PM »
Of course I agree with Hbomberman that he’s not responsible but he is still 100% responsible

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #3472 on: March 17, 2019, 01:05:29 PM »

All because of a movement he is quite literally a ringleader of.

:mindblown

Leadbelly

« Reply #3473 on: March 17, 2019, 01:10:22 PM »
THIS post is fucked up

https://www.resetera.com/threads/pewdiepie-attempts-to-distance-himself-from-christchurch-mosque-shooter-who-pledged-support-read-threadmarks.105466/post-18902392

Quote from: exotoro
i keep seeing this reddit post pop up in "defense" of pewdiepie

(Image removed from quote.)

like, its complete nonsense, right?

edit: should probably clarify; i want to either debunk this or at least have something to say in response to it because
1) finding the manifesto at all to even see if there's a source to this claim is hard
2) it is complete nonsense. the problem is it is an easy way to reframe the entire pewdiepie argument as something that the terrorist wants and thats bad
3) even if it was completely true, pewdiepie should still be held somewhat responsible as he never bothered to distance himself away from the alt-right

"We aren't allowed to talk about the manifesto here and law enforcement/sites are actively taking it down as fast as it resurfaces, therefore claims that he wanted to troll and confuse people are unsourced"

:what :crazy :cmonson

I love this bit:

should probably clarify; i want to either debunk this or at least have something to say in response to it

The guy hasn't read the manifesto and so has no idea what he actually believes or what his motives were. Yet despite not knowing fucking anything about the shooter, his only impulse is to try and debunk it or at least have a response to counter any opposing argument. Trying to find out the truth, or at least have a better understanding of the shooter doesn't even come into it. lol

And this bit:

In other words, even if he isn't able to spin it so that it fits the narrative, he is still going to find a way to make pewdiepie responsible regardless. lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #3474 on: March 17, 2019, 01:16:39 PM »
Have these galaxy brains not come down off their PDP horse yet?  :era

zepblackstar

« Reply #3475 on: March 17, 2019, 01:31:09 PM »

They are fighting the good fight, they are the front lie against tyranny and memes

daemon

« Reply #3476 on: March 17, 2019, 01:32:43 PM »

PDP to be redeemed in about 20ish years from now when he throws Darth Soros to his death

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #3477 on: March 17, 2019, 01:34:37 PM »

They're still trying to get THQ-Nordic BANNED from the video game industry.

paprikastaude

« Reply #3478 on: March 17, 2019, 01:41:22 PM »
imagine making a community so awful, it makes you defend trash like pewdiepie.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #3479 on: March 17, 2019, 02:11:13 PM »
But what about the children? Think of the children that have fallen under his evil spell.