Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3928077 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #32220 on: July 21, 2019, 12:42:10 PM »
“a cult of personality that has more or less gotten people killed”

era finally found a site motto

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32221 on: July 21, 2019, 12:42:50 PM »
Pewdiepie gets signal boosted from this, increasing his revenue streams. It's not okay.

Power imbalance misread here, methinks.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #32222 on: July 21, 2019, 12:47:48 PM »
Why exactly do they think this is just written by a dude without any of her input or involvement? Cuz it’s not woke enough? :lol
I see you missed the last thread that EXPOSED THE TRUTH: https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-should-your-boyfriend-watch-you-play-doom.126357/
Would love to be proven wrong but in this Channels case, it's probably not much complex than they straight up like him. From the video where they told about the origins of the Channel, they said its essentially the guy who writes the scripts, and he is a Redditor. People said that they also made fun of Sarkeesian in a video or stream (Don't remember) and now Pewdie Pie jokes and Boogie mentions.

Add that up to the whole "Girlfriend Cool Girl Persona" (As in, she is as a girlfriend "should be") and I lost all interest on the channel.
Matt has been editing Youtube videos for a decade so they know how the game is played; ingratiate yourself to the big boys in hopes of a collaboration or at the very least a shoutout, and not to rankle a juggernaut's fanbase despite how they might feel.
Any pointedly political subjects brought up during streams are quickly stifiled, however their responses to some subjects place them on the left.
Although, I would not be surprised if an off colour remark catches on they would dismiss any criticism with an "it was only jokes" defence. Matt is a Joe Rogan fan after all.
I dug around and its a little worse than only that joke. The boyfriend is the one who writes the scripts, he mentions that he originally made the videos for Reddit, since he's a redditor and someone said they made fun of Anita Sarkeesian on a stream.

It adds up. Plus, I really hate the "Cool Girl" persona that a good girlfriend is someone who watches you play videogames and likes it.
Yah, the highlighted has always seemed super weird to me but nobody seemed to take issue with it.
Quote from: astro
And the reddit parts was adding it all together. He has shown support for boogie, pdp, apparently critiqued Anita, and he has literally said this is written for Reddit. This all adds u[p. There's a HUGE problem with bigotry in gaming culture on Reddit, HUGE. Him being a denizen who specifically wrote for them AND propping up people like this? It says enough.
What matters is context.

1: Sarkeesian doesn't matter that much as a person, but she is a really good filter for gaming channels. If a channel goes out of their way to make fun of her (and especially her, since shes "the face" of "SJW's in gaming) then, to me, it raises some eyebrows. By itself, that is just a minor point, but,

2: At the year of our lord of 2019, you just cannot bring up pewdiepie and be "neutral" about it. You either endorse him by just mention him, or you are a critic of him by well, criticizing him. To be honest, the person of pewdiepie is borderline irrelevant compared to what he "means", especially for youtube. Dude is trash and absolutely everyone who rides his name are trash as well.

3: That is a personal opinion for me. There is an "Ideal" girlfriend that is all around gaming culture, the one who lets you play games without being judgmental and "likes you for what you are." As I said before, its the "Cool Girl Persona." And Girlfriend Reviews whole shtick is this. People may not find umbrage in this, that's ok. But, as I said before: It adds up.
The whole 'behind the scenes' video was kind of a big old wet far on the concept of these videos and really took my enjoyment out of them. The subsequent red flags popping up in who they reference and how they bring up gator adjacent topics is also super concerning.

On a personal level - the live feed stuff they include in the videos makes the dude come off as a complete dick to her. I get couples dynamics can be viewed very differently from the inside than they appear on the outside, so I don't really want to try and be judgey about them as people - but it's off putting to me for sure.
The boyfriend is the one who is supposedly the one writing most of the scripts, throwing in every cultural talking-point that wouldn't be common knowledge, saying how much they love Reddit communities. I'm doubting that these people who are so tuned in have completely missed the conversation around PDP and Boogie.
Yep, everytime they put some on their video, I felt not OK. The fact he took the mouse because, for him, she is too slow, is a shitty behavior. You are supposed to acted like this when you are young but then learn to deal with frustration.
While I think the whole schtick of "Girlfriend Review" felt flat when we knew it was actually the guy who was doing the writing, mentioning Boogie and PDP without calling them out on their bullshit is actually bad.

People can bitch about "Cancel Culture" but being so hot and bothered about a youtube channel getting criticism is something else. Next stop will probably be "SJW are ruining my vydia! Stop making me think about what I like!"

I'm willing to take a bet we will hear or see much more "concerning behavior" in their next videos. Their channel is a pro gig. They are just testing the waters.
That's the part where I think it's just my personal opinion and it shouldn't be used "against" the channel. But the other points I made are straight up bad. That and the guy's behavior on streams, taking the mouse off her, lecturing her, etc. As I said before, none of these things would be bad in isolation, but it adds up to paint a picture. Am I thinking too much? Sure.

Is boosting PDP and Boogie bad? Sure.
The videos are entertaining and well made, but this channel has been worthy of a side eye from me ever since it was revealed the BF is writing the scripts since it kind of undermines the entire premise of the channel. It also makes you think about how it falls into very typical 'gamer' roles that a certain portion of the audience definitely likes to see hammered on such as GF being the inexperienced non-gamer being led around by the BF through all these games. Stuff like the association with dunkey, PDP, and any other assholes like boogie just add on to that feeling.
Dismissing Anita's concerns about real actual problems in a throwaway joke is not something you get a pass for being a girl.

This shit has a real effect on things.
As I said above, dismissing Anita's real and valid concerns ina throwaway joke does actual harm.

Feel free to disagree with Antia via resonable debate, but frame it as a joke... when you're speaking to the gaming community that is rife with bigoted bullshit?

You honestly can't see the issue there?
Ah yeah I remember watching that when it was released and getting that sinking feeling that the other shoe was about to drop. What's interesting now is watching that intro with the knowledge that it was written by the boyfriend for the girlfriend to read back. Puts it in a whole other squirmy light.
I watched a couple of these a few months back and liked them. Haven't watched any since I found out the boyfriend writes the script. Took some of the fun out of it knowing she was just voice acting out his opinion.
Oof. Yeah, I can't deal with any more of these gateway youtubers anymore. I really have pretty much given up on the platform at this point.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:54:04 PM by benjipwns »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32223 on: July 21, 2019, 12:48:42 PM »
hope he pulls out after being educated.
This was basically my high school sex-ed course.

:ohyou
Now that's a good joke.
Wouldn't be too surprised if he got a warning for it too.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-jack-black-jablinski-games-doing-a-charity-stream-with-pewdiepie.130312/post-22945822
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #32224 on: July 21, 2019, 12:48:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-jack-black-jablinski-games-doing-a-charity-stream-with-pewdiepie.130312/

“a cult of personality that has more or less gotten people killed”
How about we wait for the stream actually happen so we can judge if they will approach the subject correctly?
What about the mental health of varymious minority groups and the families of those slain by the sub to pdp gunman? He runs a cult

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32225 on: July 21, 2019, 12:50:35 PM »
It adds up.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #32226 on: July 21, 2019, 12:55:08 PM »
Does this mean Jack Black is cancelled
Apparently not, as the forgiveness brigade seems to already be out that forgot all about the nasty origins of pdp.
nasty origins

paprikastaude

« Reply #32227 on: July 21, 2019, 12:55:18 PM »
It’s too hard to keep up with who I should and shouldn’t watch because they mention a name or whatever the fuck. I just watch whatever I find entertaining now and my life is way less stressful. Fun video.
You guys know if you don’t like it you don’t have to watch it, right? Do we need every thread about every YouTube creator filled with post not about the content but about some other joke that they did in the past you found offensive? It’s tiring.

We can either ban threads from certain youtubers or stop allowing this kind of thread derailing all the fucking time. It doesn’t help.

I also think pewdiepie is an asshole and jontron too, but come on...
I don't understand the "cancel them!!" vibe here. Reading some of the responses in this thread it's like they went full blown Gamergate or something. I listened to the "problematic" parts, and it seems to me like these are only jokes. You can find those jokes funny or not, but I don't think they are offensive at all. And I say this as a fierce supporter of Anita and others that are doing similar work.
:nope

paprikastaude

« Reply #32228 on: July 21, 2019, 01:03:39 PM »
Bully suicidal people.

Dox children for harassment.

Proclaim that doing a charity stream makes you a nazi.

Call women nazis who dare to make a joke in 2019.

I for one am thankful we still have one progressive bastion left in resetti. Fighting for real justice, against the evils of Youtube  :science

FStop7

« Reply #32229 on: July 21, 2019, 01:03:57 PM »
Does this mean Jack Black is cancelled
Apparently not, as the forgiveness brigade seems to already be out that forgot all about the nasty origins of pdp.
nasty origins

Oh NO, not The Forgiveness Brigade!  Just when we’re about to browbeat more people into unemployment and suicide, here comes The Forgiveness Brigade to ruin our plans!

benjipwns

« Reply #32230 on: July 21, 2019, 01:04:44 PM »
I don't think PDP requires signal boosting, or can benefit from it by this point. He's been in the upper echelon of streamer popularity for years.
If it gets one person who had forgotten about him to suddenly start tuning back in and watching ads on his channel, he's been signal boosted. He should be de-platformed, not put on a pedestal. Just because he's participating in a charity stream, doesn't erase all the Nazi/racism/inspiring gunmen shit he's done.
inspiring gunmen shit

benjipwns

« Reply #32231 on: July 21, 2019, 01:07:01 PM »
why can't they just hate people for normal reasons like how they suck, why does everything have to be part of The Cause :lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32232 on: July 21, 2019, 01:10:44 PM »
Wow homophobic and ableist much, you jerk ? It's all about having your knob polished ?

Unsubbing from your sales channel.
ὕβρις

paprikastaude

« Reply #32233 on: July 21, 2019, 01:11:24 PM »
why can't they just hate people for normal reasons like how they suck, why does everything have to be part of The Cause :lol

because then their time spent slouching through the internet doesn't make them feel important and all of a sudden they'd have to ask themselves why they aren't leaving their basement more often.

Boredfrom

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #32235 on: July 21, 2019, 01:17:06 PM »
>and that includes not offending entire market segments).

You mean the market segments that don't buy games, sort of like how women didn't buy Battlefield V(agina) in droves? :doge

benjipwns

« Reply #32236 on: July 21, 2019, 01:18:46 PM »
Sad to see it. PDP is a force we will never be able to get rid of and that sucks so much.
I dunno if Black is just out of the loop, think that it's all fine or doesn't care. Whatever the reason, it's disappointing.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #32237 on: July 21, 2019, 01:20:08 PM »
Jack Black and Pewdiepie are probably about to do more for mental health than any of those shitheads ever did in their lives and they want  to cancel it

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #32238 on: July 21, 2019, 01:23:02 PM »
I'm a page late but what I always like about Obama is that the left sees him as a sort of patron saint and the right as literally the anti-Christ.

Whilst in reality he's raking in that big conservative money with Netflix series and speeches on Wallstreet.  8)
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #32239 on: July 21, 2019, 01:25:24 PM »
I'm a page late but what I always like about Obama is that the left sees him as a sort of patron saint and the right as literally the anti-Christ.

Whilst in reality he's raking in that big conservative money with Netflix series and speeches on Wallstreet.  8)

:dayum

Vertigo

« Reply #32240 on: July 21, 2019, 01:34:07 PM »
Reee are full of the biggest haters

Oh noez Jack Black needs to know who his getting into bed with.

His just going to signal boost one of the biggest Youtubers on the platform.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #32241 on: July 21, 2019, 01:34:20 PM »
Jack Black and Pewdiepie are probably about to do more for mental health than any of those shitheads ever did in their lives and they want  to cancel it

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #32242 on: July 21, 2019, 01:57:37 PM »
MY MENTIONS THAT I HAVEN'T READ IN DAYS
top of the page capital G Gamer
[close]

Looks like she raided a Gamestop’s 4/$10 bin :heh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32243 on: July 21, 2019, 01:58:21 PM »
ὕβρις

Nuitangg

« Reply #32244 on: July 21, 2019, 01:59:27 PM »
Jack Black finally cancelled  :rejoice

Averon

« Reply #32245 on: July 21, 2019, 02:04:27 PM »
I guess Jack Black is added to the Reee ban list. How big is it now?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32246 on: July 21, 2019, 02:05:38 PM »
Hey I still have an old account on the old forum...I wonder what it's like now afte---

You have been banned for the following reason: Male feminism; history of severe cuckolding infractions [254913019].

Oh NeoGAF :rodney :bedroomeyes

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/page-237#post-22946371
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32247 on: July 21, 2019, 02:08:47 PM »
Our champion of the Elders astro is GOING IN.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-should-your-boyfriend-play-grand-theft-auto-5.130225/post-22947603

This is not hard to understand.

BB, don't sell yourself short, it always is with you.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #32248 on: July 21, 2019, 02:12:58 PM »
I'm not gonna state any personal opinion about both Jack Black and Pewdiepie, only the fact that the charity he's done raised over 2 millions, and that's only for a couple of them.
Whatever your stance is on Pewdiepie's action, I think we should be okay that he's using his power and clout for a good cause.
It's a charity, only good stuff can come out of it.
Jack Black understand this. Pewdiepie understand this. We should too.
"Only"
Be careful about that hyperbole. Giving him any kind of good press negates the fact he's still a bigoted racist. Which also leads to justifying it. "So what if he keeps dropping the N-word? He gave some money away."
Maybe don't defend charities fronted by nazis?

Propagandhim

« Reply #32249 on: July 21, 2019, 02:14:32 PM »

:lol

"blood money"

benjipwns

« Reply #32250 on: July 21, 2019, 02:15:30 PM »
A charity FRONTED by Nazis though. Not an actual charity. A front for Nazis to wash their blood money.

benjipwns

« Reply #32251 on: July 21, 2019, 02:18:29 PM »
I think it depends on the context. In this case it's going to a mental health charity. There's a lot of people out there who need help with mental health and aren't in a position of privilege to turn down help because it's "blood money". I despise pdp, but if this is what it takes to get better mental health help for those in need, i'm for it.
Maybe choose a mental health charity that does not involve nazis as hosts, then?
:delicious

zepblackstar

« Reply #32252 on: July 21, 2019, 02:19:08 PM »
please, criminal gangs laundered their money thru fortnite

paprikastaude

« Reply #32253 on: July 21, 2019, 02:20:52 PM »
we need more reee type charities that tackle problems at their root and drive the mentally ill and their sinful foul language into suicide.

benjipwns

« Reply #32254 on: July 21, 2019, 02:21:06 PM »
The fact that we're getting to the point of people outright downplaying Pewdiepie's horrible shit he's done is downright scary. "Oh so you call everyone you disagree with a nazi???" is straight up out of the alt right vocabulary.
BAN RESETERA.COM

DO IT YOU COWARDS

benjipwns

« Reply #32255 on: July 21, 2019, 02:23:40 PM »
astro melting down again in the latest Girlfriend Reviews thread over the same gator crime against Saint Anita is great, way to try and establish a Ms.Galaxy type "non-binary" brand there

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32256 on: July 21, 2019, 02:25:29 PM »
astro melting down again in the latest Girlfriend Reviews thread over the same gator crime against Saint Anita is great, way to try and establish a Ms.Galaxy type "non-binary" brand there

When he'll be banned and in free agency we should consider him for bench Care Post Guard.
ὕβρις

Clockwork5

« Reply #32257 on: July 21, 2019, 02:27:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/any-good-resources-to-check-out-salaries.130328/

What’s popping y’all? So I’ve been trynna find good resources to reference for a potential promotion at work. It was my first solid job, so when I got hired I took whatever they offered (which was still more than I was making before!) but after getting to know a lot of people, they told me they negotiated something better than the base pay.

So I’ve been working hard and my numbers seem good for there to be a shot at a promotion, I’m a year older and wiser now so I want to be ready for anything. I’m trynna to tell these white people to take that first offer and shove it up they ass (unless it’s a solid offer)

So is there any place that I can compare salaries, hourly wages, etc?

Lol which one of you did this??

benjipwns

« Reply #32258 on: July 21, 2019, 02:29:09 PM »
These are the people PDP followed on Twitter.
This needs to be posted on every page of the thread.
i like how they have to use this version with only six nazis because the one with more nazis shows how many total people he used to follow

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #32259 on: July 21, 2019, 02:29:28 PM »

Honestly, he wasn't that left wing.
Just seemed like a continuation of Bush, most of the Republican backlash was because he was a Democrat and therefore everything he did was bad.

benjipwns

« Reply #32260 on: July 21, 2019, 02:30:52 PM »
But, Pewdiepie is part of a larger "shitposting" culture associated with right wing movement.
whoops

benjipwns

« Reply #32261 on: July 21, 2019, 02:32:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-should-your-boyfriend-play-grand-theft-auto-5.130225/post-22948143
By my count, 47 of the 91 posts in this thread are either people complaining about Girlfriend Reviews being supported, or people replying to those that are complaining about Girlfriend Reviews being supported. That's over 50% of the posts in the thread. "Confirmation bias."
You're wrong:

Talking about the video
iiiiiiiiiiiiii

Talking about GF getting their own threads
iiiiiiii

Outright condemning the channel for Anita jokes/pdp and boogie support
iiii

Denying the concerns raised above
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Discussing the reasons surrounding concerns
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Discussing the format (Matt writes, Shelby acts)
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Random posts
i

-

As usual, the people outright condemning are the extreme minority, and there are more people either ignoring or denying the issues, while a bunch discuss the issues with no real weight either way.

benjipwns

« Reply #32262 on: July 21, 2019, 02:36:18 PM »
I'm not wrong. I just don't distinguish between those that do the "outright condemning" and the discussions they elicit. It's all just junk clogging up the thread, and the "extreme minority" who causes it knows exactly what they're doing.
And they need distinction, so yes you are wrong. Of course people are going to discuss something raised in a thread...

But sure, take that dishonest approach and run with it if you need to. <3
It's not a dishonest approach. It's a fully honest one from someone who just wanted to read about the latest Girlfriend Reviews.

I disagree that they need distinction. I also disagree that those who are that upset about it even need to participate in the thread. Focus your attention on something that doesn't make you so upset.
BUT THEN HOW WILL OTHERS KNOW

SmokyDave

« Reply #32263 on: July 21, 2019, 02:38:35 PM »
From what I can tell, the girlfriend review channel features two happy people in a heterosexual relationship enjoying video games together.

Bearing that in mind, it’s no wonder that some reset posters are triggered into impotent spasmodic fury. Make the bad people go away, they’re eroding my excuses for being a miserable lonely shit.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32264 on: July 21, 2019, 02:39:22 PM »
They also made a “video games appeal to the male fantasy” joke a while back

:noooo

https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-should-your-boyfriend-play-grand-theft-auto-5.130225/post-22948284
ὕβρις

Jansen

« Reply #32265 on: July 21, 2019, 02:41:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/any-good-resources-to-check-out-salaries.130328/

What’s popping y’all? So I’ve been trynna find good resources to reference for a potential promotion at work. It was my first solid job, so when I got hired I took whatever they offered (which was still more than I was making before!) but after getting to know a lot of people, they told me they negotiated something better than the base pay.

So I’ve been working hard and my numbers seem good for there to be a shot at a promotion, I’m a year older and wiser now so I want to be ready for anything. I’m trynna to tell these white people to take that first offer and shove it up they ass (unless it’s a solid offer)

A white guy def wrote that

benjipwns

« Reply #32266 on: July 21, 2019, 02:42:53 PM »
But I have chosen being upset on the internet as my identity, er, I mean have discovered it as my true lifelong identity, why should I have to change and not them who I found out about after? ALONG WITH EVERYONE ELSE WHO DISPLEASES ME! WHITE MALE* PRIVILEGE IS A CANCER ON THIS EARTH!

*insert other variables as needed to exempt [self] from outgroup I would otherwise be placed within

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32267 on: July 21, 2019, 02:43:48 PM »
How do you feel about baiting people into bans?
Would they legitimately ban a user if they said they liked Pewdiepie? That seems incredibly extreme.

:mike

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-jack-black-jablinski-games-doing-a-charity-stream-with-pewdiepie.130312/post-22948461
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #32268 on: July 21, 2019, 02:45:39 PM »

It does seem really inconsistent. Like 'trynna' but no 'wanna'?

benjipwns

« Reply #32269 on: July 21, 2019, 02:46:05 PM »
They know this thats why they're doing it

Whole lot of them in this thread. Anything to defend The Rape Man
"I think we should call Nazis, Nazis, and not call anyone else Nazis."
"How do you feel about PDP, someone that many people call a Nazi and is the subject of the thread you just posted in?"

This is basically what happened. Your question to me is mean spirited and pathetic.
i like where this is going

SmokyDave

« Reply #32270 on: July 21, 2019, 02:47:07 PM »
I dunno man, did you see the “what’s popping y’all”? That definitely sounds like something that one black person said about twenty years ago, so I think they’re legit.

benjipwns

« Reply #32271 on: July 21, 2019, 02:48:44 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-should-your-boyfriend-play-grand-theft-auto-5.130225/post-22948284
One of those?

Doesn't seem that horrible to me
It's just a shitty strawman and not really funny. "Games appeal to the male fantasy? Of course not, just look at this cute 3ds puppy game! Checkmate sjwqs!"

All the while ignoring that a large chunk of the gaming industry is actually dedicated to appealing to the male fantasy. Cool buff white protagonists and all.
i can't :dead

benjipwns

« Reply #32272 on: July 21, 2019, 02:49:42 PM »
I dunno man, did you see the “what’s popping y’all”? That definitely sounds like something that one black person said about twenty years ago, so I think they’re legit.
a Real Black Person™ would have dropped the g :ufup

source: rap music

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32273 on: July 21, 2019, 02:52:33 PM »
What's poppin' yall!? Shiiiiit, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?

ROLL CALL OF MY PEEPZ REPRAZENT

:neogaf :gladbron :heh :holeup :jawalrus :kobeyuck :lawd :leon :mynicca :gurl :aah :badass :comeon :dead :noah :ufup :whew :whoo :ohhh :shaq2 :shaq :sabu :obama :yeshrug :snoop :rejoice :fabulous :dayum :phil :flabbypd :foxx :what :aweshum :nintendo :sheik :cac :mouf :letsfukk :quark :dunno :cmonson :confused :playa :salute :rollsafe :rollsafe :mjcry :crowdlaff :shaqc :nothot :foodcourt :rkelly :ohyeah :nope :pitbull :ltg :juicy :camby

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why won't you call me like you really want to?
[close]
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #32274 on: July 21, 2019, 02:54:55 PM »

One of those?

Doesn't seem that horrible to me
It's just a shitty strawman and not really funny. "Games appeal to the male fantasy? Of course not, just look at this cute 3ds puppy game! Checkmate sjwqs!"

All the while ignoring that a large chunk of the gaming industry is actually dedicated to appealing to the male fantasy. Cool buff white protagonists and all.
i can't :dead

Having dogs is pretty much a proxy for slave owning as far as whites are concerned, so it's pretty spot on.
ὕβρις

paprikastaude

« Reply #32275 on: July 21, 2019, 02:56:28 PM »
From what I can tell, the girlfriend review channel features two happy people in a heterosexual relationship enjoying video games together.

Bearing that in mind, it’s no wonder that some reset posters are triggered into impotent spasmodic fury. Make the bad people go away, they’re eroding my excuses for being a miserable lonely shit.

I also love when every now and then they can't hold back their insinuations that she's being in an abusive relationship, which screams "I wish I could save her from the alt-right and make her my waifu, I'm the ally she (and all ladies) deserves"  :brazilcry.

benjipwns

« Reply #32276 on: July 21, 2019, 02:57:33 PM »
If ResetERA.com ever got serious about wanting to cancel someone they'd look into how former prominent member Enzom21 noped out of existence so totally and quickly.

benjipwns

« Reply #32277 on: July 21, 2019, 03:02:50 PM »
Another thread poisoned by this war on nothing. I'm sick of this.
Then leave.

benjipwns

« Reply #32279 on: July 21, 2019, 03:05:21 PM »
I see it more as a joke because it plays with expectations, not as some counterargument
Who is the target of that joke? Who are we meant to laugh at? Does the joke agree or disagree with the premise stated in the setup?
We all know who it appeals to... people who like to dismiss Anita's concerns.
holy shit