Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3910476 times)

daemon

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #43020 on: September 04, 2019, 12:04:23 PM »
as usual the other aspect of this is whether the accused ever gets the chance to speak THEIR truth, and be believed

I'm not sure whether Alec attempted to

if he didn't, it's likely because everyone knows the accused won't be believed, and will receive so much blowback and abuse and absolutely no benefit of the doubt

unless they wait 3-6 months and then present their own receipts after everything has died down, at which time the accusers will mysteriously delete their accusations and slink away

Alec never addressed the accusations.

Accused should absolutely get a chance to respond, and while I'm very much in favor of "believe women" that does not mean "all women are 100% credible or accurate in their portrayal of abuse".

That's why it's important to rubberneckers to shut the fuck up and let these people speak for themselves. Support the victims, don't take it upon yourself to be some unappointed vindicator of delayed justice.

That's what I said the first day. You can engage positively, without throwing stones the other way until you know everything. Destroying someone doesn't help the other person, but righteousness is a hell of a drug

marrec

« Reply #43021 on: September 04, 2019, 12:05:32 PM »
as usual the other aspect of this is whether the accused ever gets the chance to speak THEIR truth, and be believed

I'm not sure whether Alec attempted to

if he didn't, it's likely because everyone knows the accused won't be believed, and will receive so much blowback and abuse and absolutely no benefit of the doubt

unless they wait 3-6 months and then present their own receipts after everything has died down, at which time the accusers will mysteriously delete their accusations and slink away

Alec never addressed the accusations.

Accused should absolutely get a chance to respond, and while I'm very much in favor of "believe women" that does not mean "all women are 100% credible or accurate in their portrayal of abuse".

That's why it's important to rubberneckers to shut the fuck up and let these people speak for themselves. Support the victims, don't take it upon yourself to be some unappointed vindicator of delayed justice.

That's what I said the first day. You can engage positively, without throwing stones the other way until you know everything. Destroying someone doesn't help the other person, but righteousness is a hell of a drug

Always always always engage in a constructive and positive manner with the victim. Only reason to do anything else is for virtue signaling.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #43022 on: September 04, 2019, 12:05:38 PM »
I dunno.. feel like you guys are taking this "era kills people" thing pretty far into sounding like nutters territory.

My issue with the court of social media is it doesn't give the accused a fair platform to defend themselves on. You instantly and rightly so think what a fucking asshole, before you hear the whole story.

That and the way era are like a tank of Piranhas when it comes to cancelling and destroying someone who isn't drinking their kool aid is a perfect storm.

marrec

« Reply #43023 on: September 04, 2019, 12:06:10 PM »
Era is both a dying forum w/ no social capital in one conversation here and a forum that is capable of killing people in another.

Not to mention this thread spends days ragging on individuals, making fun of them, calling them pieces of shit, etc.. I mean is that not exactly what era does?  If you want to sit around saying "well The Bore doesn't actually harass people" well does era?  Because does anyone actually know if no bore members never take their shit to twitter?  We have no clue and no control over that.. just like era has no control over what anyone does on twitter.

If Pretentious Hobo killed himself and cited years of being made fun of on The Bore would you call The Bore a murderer? 

You are either in support of the idea of forums talking shit about people online or you aren't;  this moral high ground "era are murders" nonsense is really ridiculous because burn this thread to the ground if that's your take IMO.

Riotous you gotta remember that sometimes "ERA" is a standee for a wider internet culture.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #43024 on: September 04, 2019, 12:06:13 PM »
Era is both a dying forum w/ no social capital in one conversation here and a forum that is capable of killing people in another.

Not to mention this thread spends days ragging on individuals, making fun of them, calling them pieces of shit, etc.. I mean is that not exactly what era does?  If you want to sit around saying "well The Bore doesn't actually harass people" well does era?  Because does anyone actually know if no bore members never take their shit to twitter?  We have no clue and no control over that.. just like era has no control over what anyone does on twitter.

If Pretentious Hobo killed himself and cited years of being made fun of on The Bore would you call The Bore a murderer? 

You are either in support of the idea of forums talking shit about people online or you aren't;  this moral high ground "era are murders" nonsense is really ridiculous because burn this thread to the ground if that's your take IMO.

:curious

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43025 on: September 04, 2019, 12:07:00 PM »
I'm not going to go digging things up but over time I've seen lots of vague allusions to zoe not being a particularly good person to get involved with, romantically or otherwise

the kind of "whisper campaign" people talk about that eventually mounts up into the full blown go-public cancel

I'm not saying zoe should be cancelled because I don't know know her but the lead up seems familiar, if she wasn't already firing from a protected position

I guess what I mean is, there was probably another side to the story alec could've provided
Uncle

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #43026 on: September 04, 2019, 12:07:56 PM »
Your daily reminder that the only solution to global warming is less people.
:O

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43027 on: September 04, 2019, 12:08:29 PM »
It's okay to believe women, it's okay to even believe the accused, what's not okay is to talk mad shit about one or the other sans evidence as a bystander, especially if you're @ing them directly.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #43028 on: September 04, 2019, 12:09:32 PM »
Riotous walks his wife around like a puppet and he thinks it's ok.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43029 on: September 04, 2019, 12:09:55 PM »

I talked about this earlier, there's room for a middle ground where you can absolutely say one or more things were contributing factors without having the solid ground it takes to establish legal responsibility/culpability, or even to call it murder

if he cites it then sure, it was a contributing factor and everyone who took part in it will feel mildly bad

I don't know anything about the guy and don't think I've ever made fun of him :smug
Uncle

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43030 on: September 04, 2019, 12:11:24 PM »
Making fun of people for being weirdos on a small forum with no power only us and the weirdo reads is a lot different than being in a campaign to cancel a person.

marrec

« Reply #43031 on: September 04, 2019, 12:13:08 PM »
I'm not going to go digging things up but over time I've seen lots of vague allusions to zoe not being a particularly good person to get involved with, romantically or otherwise

the kind of "whisper campaign" people talk about that eventually mounts up into the full blown go-public cancel

I'm not saying zoe should be cancelled because I don't know know her but the lead up seems familiar, if she wasn't already firing from a protected position

I guess what I mean is, there was probably another side to the story alec could've provided

Like I said when the allegations first surfaced:

Co-dependency brought on by childhood trauma has two sides, on the one hand you are more likely to be a victim of future abuse, on the other you are more likely to abuse someone else. Co-dependent people tend to gravitate toward each other and have bad relationships. So you get these cycles of violence where someone will express their anxiety and mental instability in abusive ways.

Who knows what exactly was happening between Alec and Zoe, but they're both clearly people with turbulent mental health histories. That doesn't excuse Alec's treatment of Zoe or Zoe's treatment of "that one dude who started gamergate", but it does explain why some people always end up in bad relationships.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43032 on: September 04, 2019, 12:14:45 PM »
It's okay to believe women, it's okay to even believe the accused, what's not okay is to talk mad shit about one or the other sans evidence as a bystander, especially if you're @ing them directly.

Of course;  so call those people out as harassers.   Labeling an entire forum murderers is just.. I dunno.. what's that word.  Hypocritical?
Too many to call out directly, this thread is about laughing for 5 minutes then moving on not trying to keep an accurate ledger of abusers :shrug

Ghoul

« Reply #43033 on: September 04, 2019, 12:15:01 PM »
Never have I said era are capable of murder, Era are nothing more than mouth pieces who think and chat but never act.

The bleed through from their logic into circles of people who are just as bad as GG participants are the issue, they're vile and go out of their way to cause harm be it mental or physical to people.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43034 on: September 04, 2019, 12:16:35 PM »
Making fun of people for being weirdos on a small forum with no power only us and the weirdo reads is a lot different that being in a campaign to cancel a person.

Actively participating in a campaign to have someone fired / blacklisted is certainly something different than talking shit on a forum.

Era is a forum with little power according to this thread though so hence my point.

this is the same dumb argument always made on both gaf and era

"b-but this thread is saying they're both influential and also inconsequential, I read it both ways posted by completely different people therefore this thread is being hypocritical with itself!!!"
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #43035 on: September 04, 2019, 12:17:20 PM »

If anyone contacts Pretentious Hobo and harasses him outside of this little corner of the internet - yeah, they're being a shithead.  They need to get a reality check.  They need to get their head on straight.  They need to get the look.

thetylerrob

« Reply #43036 on: September 04, 2019, 12:18:36 PM »

Of course;  so call those people out as harassers.   Labeling an entire forum murderers is just.. I dunno.. what's that word.  Hypocritical?
The premise of your argument is flawed though, nobody is saying that all of resetera are murderers without a level of facetiousness, not even 4chanbanbotwhatever. The KiA people are saying it for political reasons. You would have to be hysterical to actually believe resetera is culpable here.

marrec

« Reply #43037 on: September 04, 2019, 12:19:25 PM »

Too many to call out directly, this thread is about laughing for 5 minutes then moving on not trying to keep an accurate ledger of abusers :shrug

5 minutes?   lol 

Not sure what thread you are reading.

5 minutes per idiotic post or assertion = 1.35x10^6 hours of laughter.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43038 on: September 04, 2019, 12:20:05 PM »
Making fun of people for being weirdos on a small forum with no power only us and the weirdo reads is a lot different that being in a campaign to cancel a person.

Actively participating in a campaign to have someone fired / blacklisted is certainly something different than talking shit on a forum.

Era is a forum with little power according to this thread though so hence my point.
Era has individuals like weirdo neckbeard peon games journalists willing to write all sorts of dumb shit to get high fives, they also have individuals willing to tweet, mail, call someone's employer to get them fired, dont think anyone here would or have done this.As to their influence - depends how much kotaku/vice and other crap you read as the woke squad journalists are stuck in a feedback loop with reee. Certainly has zero influence over me directly, but is annoying when friends who only play fifa or something ask me what's this about gamers being nazis lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #43039 on: September 04, 2019, 12:21:23 PM »

Like I said when the allegations first surfaced:

Co-dependency brought on by childhood trauma has two sides, on the one hand you are more likely to be a victim of future abuse, on the other you are more likely to abuse someone else. Co-dependent people tend to gravitate toward each other and have bad relationships. So you get these cycles of violence where someone will express their anxiety and mental instability in abusive ways.

Who knows what exactly was happening between Alec and Zoe, but they're both clearly people with turbulent mental health histories. That doesn't excuse Alec's treatment of Zoe or Zoe's treatment of "that one dude who started gamergate", but it does explain why some people always end up in bad relationships.

Well, is about time some people realized this.

Snail pace in some forums to get why Zoe is bad news.

Ghoul

« Reply #43040 on: September 04, 2019, 12:21:47 PM »
one thing that is really fucking lame, is that I used to really love just playing video games and having a good time. Now because of that hobby, I'm stuck here, whining about cunts to cunts.

Thanks games!

daemon

« Reply #43041 on: September 04, 2019, 12:21:54 PM »

Viruses are powerless by themselves, but wait until they fucking get a host to get a hold of. You will be shitting your bowels sprinkler-like for a few days. When they can attach themselves to something, they signal hard, extending the virus contagion. And in this case, the host was already weak due to a bacterial infection known as Zoe Quinn.

Science, bitch!

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #43042 on: September 04, 2019, 12:22:47 PM »
I see autistous didn’t take his meds again this morning  ::)
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43043 on: September 04, 2019, 12:24:48 PM »

"b-but this thread is saying they're both influential and also inconsequential, I read it both ways posted by completely different people therefore this thread is being hypocritical with itself!!!"

Yeah that would be silly to say about a forum of 10's of thousands of people.  This thread constantly does that.. "But era said this.. now they say that!"

I'm talking about a thread with a couple dozen circle jerk posters (and me.)  It's the same people.  And you guys literally never disagree with each other to the point that I'm the only person who ever asks questions here.

if I disagree I tend to not bother posting because why get into an argument in the shit thread who cares

I disagree constantly and I bet a lot of other people do too

maturity brings the ability to shrug
Uncle

paprikastaude

« Reply #43044 on: September 04, 2019, 12:25:31 PM »
Nintendo direct today bitches, my body is ready to explode on my computer screen.

Who is with me?

:woody :woody :woody

shilling with nintenyearolds :nope

laughing at the nintenyearolds' civil war on reee  :taylor

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-announced-09-04-2019-6pm-edt-11pm-bst.138800/page-77#post-24207549

Ghoul

« Reply #43045 on: September 04, 2019, 12:25:39 PM »
Basically guys, dead end normies gaining easy access to the nternet access and access to gaming has fucked not only the medium but the culture.

Boredfrom

« Reply #43046 on: September 04, 2019, 12:25:49 PM »
one thing that is really fucking lame, is that I used to really love just playing video games and having a good time. Now because of that hobby, I'm stuck here, whining about cunts to cunts.

Thanks games!

Mexican video game forums made me used to this.  :yeshrug  :trumps

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43047 on: September 04, 2019, 12:26:39 PM »
I see autistous didn’t take his meds again this morning  ::)

Bro I am always on something don't you worry.

But I'm over this convo lol, just asking questions.
just asking questions huh, you ain't slick :what :cody :hmm :curious

daemon

« Reply #43048 on: September 04, 2019, 12:27:23 PM »

Yeah that would be silly to say about a forum of 10's of thousands of people.  This thread constantly does that.. "But era said this.. now they say that!"

I'm talking about a thread with a couple dozen circle jerk posters (and me.)  It's the same people.  And you guys literally never disagree with each other to the point that I'm the only person who ever asks questions here.

if I disagree I tend to not bother posting because why get into an argument in the shit thread who cares

You heard it from Uncle.

KANYE WEST IS MATURE

:yeshrug

On other important matters, we should start making the hashtag for when the forum eventually turns on Cerium.

#Cancellium is my entry

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43049 on: September 04, 2019, 12:28:42 PM »
The avatar is Kitty Pryde from X-Men- excelsiorlef uses a Kitty Pryde avatar, too.  :thinking

Ghoul

« Reply #43050 on: September 04, 2019, 12:29:20 PM »
who is the twitter person, why does he have nearly 20k and a tick and why did he get banned from reset?

Thank you  :doge

Tuckers Law

« Reply #43051 on: September 04, 2019, 12:29:23 PM »

“Never disagree”. I think you’re way too used to the faux-woke/hyper-sjw form of disagreement (i.e. cancelling) if you think there aren’t disagreements here.

marrec

« Reply #43052 on: September 04, 2019, 12:30:36 PM »

You heard it from Uncle.

KANYE WEST IS MATURE

:yeshrug

On other important matters, we should start making the hashtag for when the forum eventually turns on Cerium.

#Cancellium is my entry

#Cerijaculate

daemon

« Reply #43053 on: September 04, 2019, 12:32:41 PM »
#Cerijaculate

Actually, let me change mine: #eradication

I win, byebye.

marrec

« Reply #43054 on: September 04, 2019, 12:36:26 PM »
Does Cerium even post?

Is that what will get him cancelled?

I mean, lets face it, he probably has a history of sexual assault.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43055 on: September 04, 2019, 12:37:00 PM »
Does Cerium even post?

prolly has alts if he's at all clever. having that crazy user base means you can never just post normally as the forum chief.

daemon

« Reply #43056 on: September 04, 2019, 12:38:28 PM »
Does Cerium even post?

I don't think he'll ever be cancelled because he keeps the lowest of profiles. But if anything happens, his inactivity will surely play the card of "he just used us for the revenue" and he wasn't woke in reality mindset. Anyone can make the wildest theory. The most plausible one according to their standards will take over and be repeated ad nauseam until it's the only truth.

Even worse. A history of history.

edit: OHHH.. the Zoe quinn claim that he walked her around fingering her?  lol

Guy had coder fingers. He'd be able to lift a car with them.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43057 on: September 04, 2019, 12:40:36 PM »

Eras official staff policies are such that users are encouraged to one up each other in terms of describing how big a piece of shit someone is and what they hope happens to that huge piece of shit, and voices that call for not rushing to judgement, awaiting the facts, or to not act like a mob are themselves dogpiled and usually banned for "dismissing concerns of ____".

That's what we can criticise "Era" for.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

daemon

« Reply #43059 on: September 04, 2019, 12:41:37 PM »

Eras official staff policies are such that users are encouraged to one up each other in terms of describing how big a piece of shit someone is and what they hope happens to that huge piece of shit, and voices that call for not rushing to judgement, awaiting the facts, or to not act like a mob are themselves dogpiled and usually banned for "dismissing concerns of ____".

That's what we can criticise "Era" for.

Disclaimer:

We don't want to tell you how to think. Just remember that if you mention anything negative about A or positive things about B, your post will be actioned.

Resume communications

Tuckers Law

« Reply #43060 on: September 04, 2019, 12:42:51 PM »
For the resetera community, the forum is a growing movement of influence and the pursuit of justice.  For Cerium, it’s ad revenue.
 :mods

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

marrec

« Reply #43062 on: September 04, 2019, 12:44:36 PM »
Anyway y'all ESPN put Katelyn Ohashi in their Body Issue spread so imma head out for a minute and check out some body positivity.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43063 on: September 04, 2019, 12:47:11 PM »
Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When ResetEra sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re murderers. And some, I assume, are good people.
:hmph
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43064 on: September 04, 2019, 12:49:07 PM »
For the resetera community, the forum is a growing movement of influence and the pursuit of justice.  For Cerium, it’s ad revenue.
 :mods

eras that scene from watchmen when Rorschach is sent to prison. But they're all Rorschach.

Propagandhim

« Reply #43065 on: September 04, 2019, 12:51:48 PM »
I basically have the same response to "Not all of Resetera" as they do to "Not all cops".  Sure some of them are good, but the rest are murdering people.  It's clear as day, folks.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43067 on: September 04, 2019, 12:53:26 PM »
GreatSage:  And I'm right there with you guys on that criticism.

Just think you are being dramatic cunts if you call era murderers.

Maybe they're just joking, considering how this forum generally is? 
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43068 on: September 04, 2019, 12:55:53 PM »
https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2019/9/4/20848715/jussie-smollett-chicago-police-probe-lawsuit-gay-homophobic-attack

:juicy

"I mean, okay, sure, IF I MADE IT ALL UP, which I;m not saying I did, but IF, there was no way I'd know the city would spend so much money on such a high profile case, especially after I went on national TV putting them on blast for not doing enough"

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #43069 on: September 04, 2019, 12:56:39 PM »
only thing resetti is murdering is chicken sandwiches

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #43070 on: September 04, 2019, 12:56:53 PM »
pedantous only understands jokes made by comic geniuses like Planetsmasher, and Transhuman :rodney
Margs

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #43071 on: September 04, 2019, 01:02:38 PM »
Nintendo direct today bitches, my body is ready to explode on my computer screen.

Who is with me?

:woody :woody :woody

shilling with nintenyearolds :nope

laughing at the nintenyearolds' civil war on reee  :taylor

https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-direct-announced-09-04-2019-6pm-edt-11pm-bst.138800/page-77#post-24207549

Reading resetera   :nope

Searching for splatoon gifs on Bing with safe search set to off  :preach
:O

Shuri

« Reply #43072 on: September 04, 2019, 01:09:31 PM »
if Resetera bans 4chan leaks as a source of news, where are they going to get infos from now?

thetylerrob

« Reply #43073 on: September 04, 2019, 01:10:45 PM »
era murderers.

Can't believe you would be so dramatic, smh.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43074 on: September 04, 2019, 01:11:11 PM »
Does Cerium even post?

I don't have the citation but there was some strong evidence that he wrote a homophobic and/or notagoodlook article/paper/book in the past
Uncle

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #43076 on: September 04, 2019, 01:14:04 PM »
I saw calcium hang out with Dennis once

nudemacusers

« Reply #43077 on: September 04, 2019, 01:15:01 PM »
if Resetera bans 4chan leaks as a source of news, where are they going to get infos from now?
The same place neogaf and now resetera get their threads; the problematic reddit.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

ShutUp

« Reply #43078 on: September 04, 2019, 01:24:38 PM »

Except we know ERA members are openly engaging in the harassment on Twitter. Because they are always talking about it. They are not literally THE people responsible for tragic outcomes like with Alec but they massively contribute to it via being part of social mobs like Etika and Alec. What the fuck is nonsensical about any of those facts? Why the fuck do you always seem to go to bat for that shit site? It’s full of horrible people that pretend to give a shit until somebody does something they say is bad and then they engage in harassment via social media.

marrec

« Reply #43079 on: September 04, 2019, 01:25:05 PM »

Fake insiders who parrot 4chan leaks as their own information, duh.