Author Topic: Soulsborne games thread - Demon's Souls PS5  (Read 83442 times)

Bebpo

Re: Soulsborne games thread - Dark Souls 2 is dog shit
« Reply #840 on: November 15, 2020, 03:51:17 PM »
Oh and can I say how much I hate the item carry burden in this. I can't keep like any shit I find and have to send it all to storage and change gear there. Just annoying.

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #841 on: November 15, 2020, 03:58:07 PM »
hell yeah, faith clay is the tits. at least, it's what I've run in dark souls a couple times. I'm working on magic with moonlight spear and rapier as my mains rn.

item encumbrance is p funny. dump all your shards and gear you're not using in storage and you should have plenty? another reason running heavy gear is kinda annoying
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #842 on: November 15, 2020, 03:59:57 PM »
Man, that 2-1 grind is fucking useful for healing items.

Bebpo

« Reply #843 on: November 15, 2020, 04:26:43 PM »
So I got like 70 half-moon grass and 30 bolts taking care of my no healing items & no arrows problem.

But turns out I was way too tired playing 1-4am last night and I remembered the wrong merchant with the claymore. Apparently it's the guy in 1-1, 1-2 who then disappears until you get to 1-3....so I can't get my claymore :(

naff

« Reply #844 on: November 15, 2020, 04:46:20 PM »
dang, they drop from blue eyed knights as well but I can only imagine that's a rare af drop.

faith seems good for passive hp regen and magic def. second chance also great. use the halberd instead of the claymore maybe
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #845 on: November 15, 2020, 04:49:17 PM »
Knight sword or the mirdan hammer etc
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #846 on: November 15, 2020, 04:59:33 PM »
Actually merchant is still there. Wiki is wrong or remake changed it. Also was only 6k souls.

Got it and got it to +4 :D 173 atk right now with wide reach & range.

Gonna go do 4-1/5-1 first before going back to kill Armored Spider. World 2 being pure black and having a bunch of black phantoms is...save for later.

naff

« Reply #847 on: November 15, 2020, 05:05:59 PM »
yeah that's crazy. man i want to do 4-1 so bad. bp ninja and skele's wrecking my shit there still though. ah well, on with the horror fest of latria. i hate opening these damn spike caskets, but i want the loot! they even put in jump scare sounds when opening them those bastards :lol
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #848 on: November 15, 2020, 05:39:49 PM »
Ok, I think I missed a shortcut in 2-1 where the primeval demon is to turn WT back to white. I never got to the throwing boulder guys and there's an elevator near them?

naff

« Reply #849 on: November 15, 2020, 05:54:54 PM »
there's a fog door you go through in a hallway at some point up near the top, instead of going in, explore down the tunnel first. you come to a ledge above where you start, turn a lever and start mining platforms moving that can take you straight up there from the starting bonfire. idk how to describe it better but im sure a map of the area will sort you out
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #850 on: November 15, 2020, 06:03:15 PM »
there's a fog door you go through in a hallway at some point up near the top, instead of going in, explore down the tunnel first. you come to a ledge above where you start, turn a lever and start mining platforms moving that can take you straight up there from the starting bonfire. idk how to describe it better but im sure a map of the area will sort you out

I got that one that takes you to the blacksmith. I missed one (and am stilling missing it) near the boulder throwing guys?

So funny story, I tried to find that shortcut and went back through 2-1 hugging every wall looking for a level I missed. Didn't find it and got all the way to the boss. Decided to give it a try.

After all the crap I was having last night, now being under 50% equip and able to roll. I literally just rolled under the web shot, rolled under the fireball, rolled x 3 under the triple fireball, rolled under the two arm pincer attack and got a hit in, rolled back and dodged the ground smash and got 3 hits in and my Claymore+4 two handed was doing like way more damage and in a couple mins the spider was dead, ez pz

Feel really silly/stupid that all that frustration and spending time rebuilding my character was all unnecessary. I just needed to be able to fucking roll  :lol

Now world 2 is back to white tendency. And time to do 4-1/5-1 next.

Still gonna roll a faith/str claymore build. Pumped a few stat points into faith already and bought the heal spell. Will pick up the talisman in 4-1. and HP regen ring.

naff

« Reply #851 on: November 15, 2020, 06:09:16 PM »
yes! hahahahaa. that's so good. rolling is such a must in this game (and every souls imo, tanking is never the best option).

running faith or magic is just a lot more fun and on flavour i think. i will reroll a faith char once im done with my first play using magic. faith is more melee focussed, but im playing magic like that too with enchant weapon
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #852 on: November 15, 2020, 06:18:39 PM »
I want to get the flame shield and the equip burden+ ring in 1-1 at the dragon hill, but now the dragon doesn't come to the bridge so I'd have to spend like 20 mins archering it to death slowly just to get those. :(  It's kinda annoying you can't lure him to the bridge and suicide hill run after 1-1.

naff

« Reply #853 on: November 15, 2020, 06:25:07 PM »
soul arrow that bish.

i went back across that bridge and the dragon still aggro'd. you have to have killed the purple dragon to stop that i thought
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #854 on: November 15, 2020, 06:32:01 PM »
soul arrow that bish.

i went back across that bridge and the dragon still aggro'd. you have to have killed the purple dragon to stop that i thought

He doesn't aggro on mine? Might be a tendency thing. I read at pure white the dragons just vanish. I'm like 75% white. So if I don't die in body form there and then come back when 1-3 is available and kill the boss it should go pure white. But 1-3 isn't available until a lot later.

I could soul arrow, but I don't know if I have the stats.

naff

« Reply #855 on: November 15, 2020, 06:33:58 PM »
world tendency is the dumbest shit in the game, i'll grant it's a cool concept, but in practice it's just confusing and annoying. also i wish they weren't so savage with gecko respawns. these fuckers diving off cliffs before i can get to 'em  :trigger :goldberg
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #856 on: November 15, 2020, 06:35:06 PM »

How I was feeling last night in 2-1

How I'm feeling now.

Couple more random shots:

naff

« Reply #857 on: November 15, 2020, 06:38:35 PM »
bruh, i actually had to look up how to use photo mode. toolbelt! didn't even know it was a thing. id been holding down x oldschool like to do gestures too  :doge

i just been taking screens using the screenshot feature
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #858 on: November 15, 2020, 07:14:25 PM »
Yeah, I don’t like how there’s no quick instant button. Makes it harder to catch stuff in motion since you have to bring up tool belt first then hit photo mode.

Dunno why they couldn’t have done L3+R3

naff

« Reply #859 on: November 15, 2020, 07:28:15 PM »
i figured it would be integrated into the hardware photo button somehow since it's a first party game essentially, so i was confused when i hit that and the game didn't pause like how they said photo mode pauses the game :p but also didn't really put much thought into it beyond that. i am here to smash not take photos, but i will def play around with the feature a bit later
◕‿◕

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #860 on: November 15, 2020, 09:52:53 PM »
Now that I've got an Xbone, I'm going to re-try Dark Souls and see if Blighttown still chokes up the framerate.

Bebpo

« Reply #861 on: November 15, 2020, 10:32:06 PM »
I gotta say, this game is the king of losing your souls. I've never experienced waste of time/soul loss like this game.

Tried 4-1, got like 10-11k souls, tried fighting the vanguard demon and got 1 hit KO'd, on way back go stunned by the double skeletons when trying to side step them and murdered to death and lost all my souls.

Tried 5-1, got about 10-11k souls again, got to the first fog gate and got flame speared by 3 guys at once and instantly died. On my way back got hit and knocked off a bridge and died and lost all my souls.

:-\

Himu

« Reply #862 on: November 15, 2020, 10:37:50 PM »
demon's souls has great shortcut design. I'm really surprised at this reaction. Race to the shortcut. Unlock asap.
IYKYK

naff

« Reply #863 on: November 15, 2020, 10:49:14 PM »
generally agree, but there are a lot of areas with no shortcuts that ramp up the difficulty so hard in pbwt they essentially lock you out of the area until you have good enough weapons/grind up levels to deal the damage necessary or they switch back to white
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #864 on: November 15, 2020, 10:52:06 PM »
i dont think anyone was saying the shortcut system sucks, just that the game is enigmatic and tough in certain ways which... is absolutely true
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #865 on: November 15, 2020, 10:52:26 PM »
demon's souls has great shortcut design. I'm really surprised at this reaction. Race to the shortcut. Unlock asap.

There's no racing.

DS/Bloodborne are all about that racing. Demon Souls will kill you if you go too fast.

Bebpo

« Reply #866 on: November 15, 2020, 10:53:35 PM »
Had a good run on 5-1 and got knocked off by the big troll right after the lady who sells blue stones  :-\

I don't remember if there's any shortcut in 5-1? I don't think so because it's all going down?

Bebpo

« Reply #867 on: November 15, 2020, 11:08:18 PM »
Actually ended up doing a roll dash through 5-1 because that's one of the few areas that's built like that. Rolled and ran past all the trolls, got to the boss and luckily beat it on first try and got the bonfire. Guess I'll work on 4-1 next.

Also my Faith/STR build seems stupid. There's nothing useful for faith so far.

naff

« Reply #868 on: November 15, 2020, 11:15:55 PM »
haha, second chance is sick. but yeah, the magic debuff skill, high magic resist and passive hp regen is really nice. there's some tricks with that wrath of god type spell that are neat. def not OP like magic, but can be a foil to magic in pvp
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #869 on: November 15, 2020, 11:22:24 PM »
Yeah, I think I'll go for the HP regen side. Get that HP regen ring + Adjucator shield + Blessed weapon, that + second chance hopefully will be a nice HP blanket.

So I was dumb I thought I couldn't use spells like enchant weapon because it was greyed out when I try to attune. It was because I hadn't unselected soul arrow. So is there any reason not to just enchant my claymore and run around with an enchanted claymore? I tested it on a few enemies and seems good?

naff

« Reply #870 on: November 15, 2020, 11:26:40 PM »
afaik no, enchant that shit
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #871 on: November 16, 2020, 12:02:22 AM »
Got Adjucator's shield. HP regen is sloowww, but should stack later on. Got to Adjuctator but was carrying a lot of souls and didn't want to chance it so I evac'd. There's no real shortcut is there in 4-1. That cliffside bit suckssss.

Also those dual-sword red eye ones are yeah, can't take them on yet. Guess for the one in front of the boss room, just run past him and trigger the boss.

Bebpo

« Reply #872 on: November 16, 2020, 12:20:17 AM »
Ok, took out adjudicator, that fight is weirdly easy. Didn't seem to be able to hit me from behind the pillar or behind him.

Also got HP regen ring and used the shortcut from that to the boss.

Bebpo

« Reply #873 on: November 16, 2020, 01:20:59 AM »
Got invaded in 2-2 at the start and summoned a friendly phantom to help. Then we ended up doing the level together and whoops co-op kinda kills it. Got to flamelurker no problem and with co-op the fight was easy. Feel bad kinda blew through 2-2 instead of slowing learning and beating it solo. Oh well, will explore later.

Almost have my Claymore to +6 so can make a blessed claymore and run that. Could also do meat cleaver which has A scaling with faith and S with strength, they're both basically long slashing sword. Not sure which is better/stronger.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #874 on: November 16, 2020, 03:10:37 AM »
Having played these games in the wrong order, I think Tower of Latvia is the best iteration of that concept. Better than Irithyll Dungeon, better than Research Hall.

Maybe it helps that the remake game looks unbelievable but the atmosphere is just off the charts. I really liked The Fool's Idol design too.

Bebpo

« Reply #875 on: November 16, 2020, 03:23:15 AM »
I have a hard time seeing in the game in the darker areas like Latvia and the Valley of Defilement. It's just all dark and hard to see anything. I can't even tell if the graphics are good because I can't see shit. Maybe it's an HDR thing since I don't have HDR or maybe I just need to turn my brightness up.

Got the meat clever, it's amazing and was doing pretty well until I tried 5-2 and spent 2 hours there getting kinda stonewalled by the giant trolls at a few places. They get me in the sludge and I can't roll and I die and then have to run through the sludge for 10 mins again just to try again. This level suckkssssss, I will be so glad when I am past it.

naff

« Reply #876 on: November 16, 2020, 04:47:17 AM »
turning up the brightness in latria felt like hacking the game  :brain

it's weird how not hard this game is generally, then significantly multiplies it by doing strange shit. if there was no pbwt and the "cheap" deaths like gaps in the floor covered in fog and shadow so they look solid or barely visible dart traps i would've died only a few times so far. game loves to troll though, and power to it. mostly very fair, but how many times i've died to environmental shit, even a few times in the same place so i can't really blame the game being cheap per se, really achieves making me feel like a dumbass.
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #877 on: November 16, 2020, 05:08:42 AM »
Idk, I think the bosses generally are pretty easy/dumb ai, but the levels are just brutal, lots of stuff to gank you, and just long difficult sections with some of the most hardcore stuff in videogames. Also so mazey. I tried to find patches/filthy man in 2-2 and navigating all those tunnels with the giant fire bugs is like impossible to have any idea where the fuck you are.

With 5-2, instead of sleeping I decided to formulate a plan.

I went and found the blessed mace in 5-1 which I didn't find my first run of it. Now I had enough regen to nullify poison. Then I went and bought Cloak and brought out my thief's ring instead of cling ring. I trudged through the swamp and cast cloak at the end before the mound with the one big troll and walked by and dropped into the second swamp, ran through that and at the part with 2 at the end I used cloak and slowly walked past both into the village.

Then I cloaked through the village just killing enemies that still aggro'd. Then at some point I just instantly died? I...don't know what happened. No one was attacking me and my regen should've beaten the poison with the adjucator shield, regen ring and blessed mace+1 all equipped. I saved a video clip to re-watch tomorrow and see what happened. I literally was standing looking around and then it said YOU DIED and I was like wat.

So I gave it one more run, this time no mysterious death out of nowhere. But I got so lost in the shanty town. I kept trying to find the shortcut but I couldn't find it. Then I saw a fog door and thought maybe that goes to the shortcut area....and then no, it was the boss.

...yeah, so I put my cling ring back on to get some extra HP, and just gave it a shot. Luckily was pretty easy and took a hit or two but with some pine resin on my meat cleaver killed the boss and beat the stage.

But tomorrow I need to backtrack from there and try to find the shortcut. There's supposed to be a crystal lizard by there that drops the shards I need to upgrade my blessed weapons, so I need that shortcut, plus I want to explore and grab the rest of the items.

Still, it was good that the planning worked out with the HP regen and cloak worked to get past. Makes me realize that for some of these stages you can probably cloak and run straight to the boss, especially if there's a wider area so you don't have to be in any small corridors with enemies.

So far cleared

1-1, 1-2
2-1, 2-2
3-1,
4-1,
5-1,5-2

Will do 4-2/3-2 next and go from there. I have a feeling my meat cleaver build is really good for mid-game. Even against the big ass trolls if I threw on some pine resin and I could kill them in 2 hits doing like 500 damage each slash. But since it can't upgrade, I feel like I'll keep doing 400-500 damage while enemies get more HP and DEF in endgame, so gonna try to upgrade a Blessed Claymore up on the side. It'll be good for magic damage/physical damage, and I can resin/curse the meat cleaver for fire/extra physical if needed. I kinda want to grab the moonlight sword in 5-1 when I have the patience. I saw that it cuts through shields and I think that could be helpful for some enemies.

Around SL47 now, VIT 23/END 24/STR 20/FAITH 23. Gonna keep rotating between VIT/END/FAITH until they hit 30, not sure if I'll get enough levels in the rest of the game to go much beyond that but everyone says END should go to 40 and I should pump some INT to like 15 so I have enough MP for second chance. Will add that stuff after I get VIT/END/FAITH at 30/30/30.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #878 on: November 16, 2020, 06:54:27 AM »
Bebpo is there a path you'd recommend? I'm not too far yet, only beaten Tower Knight and Fool's Idol. Not really sure which level to try next.

Svejk

« Reply #879 on: November 16, 2020, 08:38:28 AM »
Got past the Tower Knight and had to stop there for the weekend.  :whew  This is all new to me and kind of incredible.  I was kinda of shocked at how long 1-1 technically was to open the other gate before the phalanx.  Besides the beginning part, I haven't died since then so far.    So many questions, but trying to be patient and take my time through levels. 

Hopped back in to BB (now installed on the SSD) for shiggles and it looks like total unplayable ass when compared to DeS now.  Why won't Sony patch this game? :fbm

naff

« Reply #880 on: November 16, 2020, 03:36:09 PM »
likewise haven't had much time to get back into this. find i need at least 2 hours free with deso or i can't get into the rhythm. time flies for me in this game. wanted to take monday off work to properly get into it (have a lot of holiday days built up) but no bueno  :shaq2
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #881 on: November 16, 2020, 03:58:20 PM »
Bebpo is there a path you'd recommend? I'm not too far yet, only beaten Tower Knight and Fool's Idol. Not really sure which level to try next.

No idea, I'm barely scrapping by. Also depends on you build. For my build some of the more important items were in 4-1/2-2/5-1 for HP regen stuff and 2-2 unlocks boss weapon forging.

The tower knight bonfire is a good early grind for souls & healing items, 4-1 is a somewhat faster souls grind but you don't get any healing items out of it. Not sure if there's a better grind spot later. 4-1 isn't that fast for grinding souls because you have to run up the stairs and back over and over.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #882 on: November 16, 2020, 07:04:47 PM »
I started off as a knight and I'm using the winged spear but I'm getting into some magic now, soul arrow has a ton of utility. But yeah I'm doing Tower Knight now for half moon grasses, crescent moon just doesn't have give enough HP anymore. I might jump into Stonefang tunnel next.

Bebpo

« Reply #883 on: November 17, 2020, 01:35:22 AM »

Just spent tonight cleaning up some loot in 5-2. Got my Large Sword of Moonlight. Looks great! The damage isn't up there with my Meat Cleaver, but it cuts through shields/armor. I tried it out on the red eye knights and it just melted them lol, definitely worth keeping around for situational.

I ended up upgrading the Blessed Mace to +3 with a bit of light grinding. That gives it +4HP/sec regen which combined with the shield that gives +2HP/sec regen and the regen ring that gives I think +2HP/sec, I'm getting +8HP/sec and it's pretty nice. Like reverse poison.

Also bought Evacuate spell for 20k souls and that's been real useful already. I've got 3 miracle slots now at Faith 25, so once I get Second Chance and add Cure and Heal/Evacuate, pretty good survivability for sure with all that regen stuff. I just need to get my Endurance up so I can wear some plate gear and bump my DEF stats too.

Gonna need to put 4 levels into Intelligence at some point to get to 15 so I can cast second chance after I get it. Will use that for all the bosses once I get it.

Oh and had my first crash. Not hardware crash, just the game crashed back to the OS in the Nexus.

Bebpo

« Reply #884 on: November 17, 2020, 01:59:26 AM »
Also I've got to say, my favorite part of this remake is the quick loading between areas. I'm doing a lot of running back and forth between areas while grinding, treasure hunting, testing gear and it's awesome how instant it all is.

naff

« Reply #885 on: November 17, 2020, 05:40:01 PM »
i get so confused in the first stage of latria. beat the first boss comfortably then went back to get items, geckos and release locked up npc's and i fell down holes in the platforms twice, once when in human form ruining my PWWT (should've suicided in the nexus fml) and now i can't save lord rydell.
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #886 on: November 17, 2020, 05:43:33 PM »
i dont think the game is all that hard comparatively. but some of the design elements are definitely cheap.
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #887 on: November 17, 2020, 05:44:47 PM »
That sucks, yeah some stages are dark areas pitfalls the game.

naff

« Reply #888 on: November 17, 2020, 05:50:45 PM »
lolol, totally. i guess i can just kill the next boss and get the boost back to pwwt? just want that dull rat's ring, but i guess i'll be doing a ng+ run anyway for trophies. i think some of the maze like design could've been improved with a little more hand placed design elements, as it is every damn path looks exactly the same. being a prison block i guess that's the idea. i don't remember ever getting this lost in later souls games, maybe a little in the forest area and tomb of the giants, but that was still fairly clear in it's progression.
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #889 on: November 17, 2020, 06:05:03 PM »
I’m going to try to suicide in body form a few times in 2-2 and get to pure black and kill Scriver black phantom for Cracked Talisman of the Beast and use Cursed Weapon on my Meat Cleaver for +50% physical damage and that should take me through endgame as my boss/large enemy weapon.

Attack should be between 500-600 with cursed weapon.

paprikastaude

« Reply #890 on: November 17, 2020, 08:00:40 PM »

Let's Cyber

« Reply #891 on: November 17, 2020, 09:37:05 PM »
lmao soul ray is busted. Saved me a lot of headaches in Valley of Defilement

Bebpo

« Reply #892 on: November 18, 2020, 12:07:59 AM »
Ya, my run on the original was soul arrow -> soul ray spam.

Just cleared 4-2, pretty much one shotted it after dying to an invader in the first room. Man, that boss is lol. The game design in Demon Souls is basically:

Shortcut - Maybe hard boss
No shortcut - Easy brainless boss so you hopefully don't have to run through the whole thing again

Bebpo

« Reply #893 on: November 18, 2020, 03:32:42 AM »

Sooo, I completely misremembered Demon Souls and thought the game was 5 worlds x 4 stages each. So after doing stage 2 of most of them I thought I was midway and had a lot left to build my character out and upgrade.

Then I went and did Stonefang-3 and realized whoops 3rd stages are just bosses, only world 1 has 3 stages + final boss. So kinda blew through a lot of it.

At first I was like how the fuck do I beat the Storm King as melee this time around. Then I did the storm sword thing and it was kinda cool.

Ok, so Allant I remember being brutally hard and making me miserable in the original. I think it took me days to beat him as a caster. Now 10+ years later after all these Souls games and bosses like Orphan of Kos and Sekiro stuff...he's still tough but his AI and moveset are really simple compared to those other Souls fights. A couple moves come out real fast and are still brutal, but otherwise most of his stuff has big windup tells. The toughest part is just that he has a lot of HP and he has that AI where if you try to heal he will attack you, so it can be frustrating trying to heal.

The worst part is the run up to him. It's not super long but it's tedious to do over and over with the stairway of red eye knights to roll past.

I accidently found a cheat when I rage quit after he got a couple soul level stealing attacks on me in a fight. If you close the game from the OS during the fight, even when you're about to die and restart the game it loads at the elevator right before the fog door. So you can keep retrying the fight without having to run back to the fog gate. Once I found that I didn't mind retrying a handful of times until I got the fight, if I had to do the boss run each time I probably would've saved it for another day or done it co-op.

Also my biggest problem with the fight is that I keep doing moves I don't want to do after dodging and having an opening. I just want to SLASH FORWARD but I do like a 0 damage push or a ground smash where he's out of range. I'm not really good at precision with slashing and this fight definitely made it tough. I took a video of the fight. Nothing special, but mostly solid:

Anyhow, yeah, Demon Souls is a lot shorter/smaller game than I remembered! It makes sense for Bluepoint to have tackled this one vs Dark Souls because it's just a smaller game to do. I'm at 21 hours now with just Latria 2 and Monk left to clear. Usually souls games take me about 25-35 hours including DLC expansions.

Also 2nd chance was amazing. Having it on let me be more risk taking and aggressive in stage progression and boss fights and since you can just use an MP item and cast it again and again after you die and it activates you can really use it as a progression crutch. Probably why I blew through 4-2 and 1-3 so easily.

I ended up getting INT 18 so I could use cursed weapon for +50% physical damage enchantment, but I don't have the NPC to give it yet and there's only 1 stage left so it's kinda pointless now lol, have about 31 VIT/31 END/31 Faith/20 STR/18 INT ~SL72.

Bebpo

« Reply #894 on: November 18, 2020, 06:20:02 AM »
Upgraded the Blessed Mace to +5, that thing rips apart red eye enemies (and basically all enemies)

And my regen is sick at this point.

Think I've done everything outside saving the two NPCs in Lateria and beating Lateria. Will do that tomorrow and finish the game up. Gonna save NG+ for when I get a 4k tv to appreciate the visuals more. At 1080p it looks great, but a lot of the time it just sorta looks in line with my memory of Dark Souls 3 but more detailed. I feel like I need 4k to appreciate the leap.

naff

◕‿◕

Let's Cyber

« Reply #896 on: November 18, 2020, 05:19:39 PM »
Jesus the skeletons in 4-2 are quite a bit beefier and the run outside is kicking my ass. Might need to come back after I've leveled up some more.

Latria might be one of the most atmospheric areas in any video game I've played.  :whoo The gargoyle section is blowing my mind all over again.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 05:26:30 PM by Let's Cyber »

Bebpo

« Reply #897 on: November 18, 2020, 06:53:07 PM »
Jesus the skeletons in 4-2 are quite a bit beefier and the run outside is kicking my ass. Might need to come back after I've leveled up some more.

Latria might be one of the most atmospheric areas in any video game I've played.  :whoo The gargoyle section is blowing my mind all over again.

Yeah, even though I don't like 3-1 much though I appreciated it's design, I did my first run on 3-2 this morning and really liked it. Looks fantastic in this remake.

Was doing really good and almost one shotting it when I slash combo'd a gargoyle on a walkway and the second slash took one foot a bit off the platform and I fell to my death  :'(

Gonna try to clear it and finish the game tonight!

For the skeletons with the big swords in 4-2 back up and get a slash in when they come at you and then back up and repeat. They're beefy and do a lot of damage up close so just get a hit in and run. Also be careful when backing up or you'll fall off the cliff backwards.

I'm assuming you mean those guys and not the ghost ones. For the ghost ones just run/roll past them and kill the necromancer and they'll all die.

Bebpo

« Reply #898 on: November 18, 2020, 07:20:29 PM »
Ok, yeah got my souls back and was right before the second chain. Cleared Maneater first try. I'm waaaaaaaay overleveled haha. Had Second Chance cast but never used it and I basically just stayed in his face. With Cursed Weapon + Meat Cleaver died real quick.

Somehow I missed the key for Sage Freke in 3-1, missed Yurt the Assassin and missed the Gold Mask which I was gonna use to trade with the crow for another Colorless Demon Soul. Time to go explore more.

Bebpo

« Reply #899 on: November 19, 2020, 03:09:40 AM »
After beating the game I wanted to do the couple things I missed first run in NG+, Old King Doran & Flamelurker solo.

Doran was a pushover, took like two combos and he gave up.

Flamelurker on NG+....yeah, fuck this. After almost an hour straight of attempts dying to all kinds of stupid camera stuff and lock-on rolling the wrong way, the fight just seemed broken and bullshit.

So of course, the run where I had given up on life and just ran straight at him slashing because fuck all strategy is the one I beat him lol

Also that first hit is literally me raging and just going fuck this shit and running up to his face and hitting him.

I did realize about 75% through that, that after an hour of attempts with lock-on and rolling that the true melee secret to Flamelurker is DO NOT USE LOCK ON. Better to just free run dash past him and try to hit him in the back than to try to roll past him through his moves which doesn't work and kills you like 50% of the time.

Pretty much done now. Even made the Northern Regalia but I don't have the stats to use it. I think when I replay the game I'll start fresh and do different stats for a different build. Would like to try a spear build or short dagger build or maybe bow & arrow build. Never done an archer build in a souls game.