Author Topic: GRRM x From = Elden Ring  (Read 43961 times)

bluemax

Re: GRRM x From = Elden Ring
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2019, 11:10:04 PM »
This will most likely be cross-gen.

Meaning it will run like shit on PS4, and slightly less like shit on PS5.

The camera will still be bad.
NO

Himu

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2019, 01:43:20 PM »
honestly only Sekiro so far imo has encounters with stupidly bad cameras.
IYKYK

Svejk

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2019, 03:16:19 PM »
I dunno... That first boss in BB on that bridge was a nightmare battling the camera.. especially with multiple lock-on points.   

Himu

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2019, 03:22:13 PM »
one big tip i can give you while playing these games is to not lock on to large bosses. Just use the camera to navigate the battlefield.
IYKYK

bluemax

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2019, 10:10:30 PM »
honestly only Sekiro so far imo has encounters with stupidly bad cameras.

The lock on camera in the original Dark Souls was one of the most laughably bad things I've ever experienced. Enemy two fit in front of me, hit lock on, locks on to god knows what somewhere on the other side of the planet. G fucking G. And then the second or third boss in that tiny room? GTFO.
NO

Himu

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2019, 12:20:22 AM »
So far only capra has been bad about it
IYKYK

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2019, 02:28:55 PM »
Lock-on in Souls games? You think this is some Zelba babby game or something? :bolo

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2019, 02:57:37 PM »
Either you lock on, or you claw(because the dodge is with a face button), both are shit with some bosses.

Svejk

« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2019, 03:55:40 PM »
Lock-on in Souls games? You think this is some Zelba babby game or something? :bolo
Certainly ain't no Dragon's Dogma where lock-on doesn't exist.  :betty

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal

Tasty

« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2021, 09:36:29 AM »
Twitter has to have the shittiest video player in the history of the internet.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2021, 09:53:08 AM »
it does bring me back to being 12, and trying to jerk it off to those bangbus quicktime previews

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2021, 10:54:50 AM »
:piss Realplayer :piss2

:show

ど助平

Coax

« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2021, 11:06:25 AM »
Twitter has to have the shittiest video player in the history of the internet.

I use the alternative front end Nitter (automatically redirected to one its instances via the addon Privacy Redirect). Uses the browser's native video controls and loads sanely.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2021, 11:08:16 AM »
:piss Realplayer :piss2

:show

fuck it might actually have been realplayer i meant. i forgot that name completely.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2021, 12:10:06 PM »

Actual trailer

:piss  Gilhaney  :piss2
Margs

Tasty

« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2021, 12:21:06 PM »
Oh good, they're proudly announcing it as a franchise before the first game is out.

I can't think of any situation where that's backfired before.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2021, 12:56:36 PM »
It's <insert> souls with a horse.

That it?  :doge
🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2021, 01:04:36 PM »
Looks disappointingly close to Souls, indeed, some of the animations (like that walk) look straight up ported over from DS3.
Still, maybe the open world formula will bring significant changes.

Sekiro looked like a bigger departure so far.

BIONIC

Margs

Tasty

« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2021, 01:50:19 PM »
It's <insert> souls with a horse.

That it?  :doge

Horse combat straight out of Twilight Princess.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2021, 01:51:46 PM »
Let's not show our game until footage shot with a screen from a smartphone leaks on the internet and is the first impression :trumps
🤴

Bebpo

« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2021, 02:19:12 PM »
looks nice art, need more

still not sure how open field & horse riding will work within the strengths of From's tight level design. Will give them the benefit of doubt for now.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2021, 02:19:37 PM »
Oh good, they're proudly announcing it as a franchise before the first game is out.

I can't think of any situation where that's backfired before.
It's a ten year plan, just like Anthem!

:teehee

Let's Cyber

« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2021, 02:23:51 PM »
After finishing up Demon's Souls, I'm down for some more Souls combat. I trust Miyazaki to do some interesting stuff with an open world.

Just sucks it looks so much like DS3 but we kind of knew before hand it wouldn't come close to the DeS remake graphically.  :doge

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2021, 03:31:32 PM »
yeah, i mean, it's potato quality video but you can infer the textures and lighting are very last gen in that trailer at least. will most likely be a day 1 purchase anyway, unless initial impressions are atrocious. i can imagine some fun changes to combat and party systems to account for larger environments, more power, bigger aoe spells. i wanna see the earth roil and giants fall at my feet
◕‿◕

Bebpo

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2021, 03:41:17 PM »
idk, I think the new Demon Souls looks hot, but I still don't have issue with DS3/Bloodborne/Sekiro visuals. Those games still look good thanks to great art and perfectly fine gfx work. This looks good to me.

I feel like the boss fights should be fine even if in more open environments. Plenty of Souls/Sekiro bosses are in wider arenas and it doesn't change much. Plus the trailer shows some interior stuff so bosses can be in castles that have linear tighter corridor design.

Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if the big open fields are just hubs to link to linear standard Souls levels (Sewers, Castles, etc...) kinda like SoTC. Maybe with some field bosses and loot spread around.

naff

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2021, 03:44:14 PM »
sekiro looks p good. imo bloodborne and ds3 look p gross now. they are not aging well
◕‿◕

Let's Cyber

« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2021, 03:55:27 PM »
I think Bloodborne's art saves it, as do the dense, detailed environments.  If we could get it running at 60 and turn the chromatic aberration off, it would still look solid imo.
idk, I think the new Demon Souls looks hot, but I still don't have issue with DS3/Bloodborne/Sekiro visuals. Those games still look good thanks to great art and perfectly fine gfx work. This looks good to me.
Agreed.
Hell I wouldn't even be surprised if the big open fields are just hubs to link to linear standard Souls levels (Sewers, Castles, etc...) kinda like SoTC. Maybe with some field bosses and loot spread around.
That would be the dream, for me at least.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2021, 04:38:04 PM »
I feel like Naff is one of the only people to feel that way about the graphics in Bloodborne and DS3. I put: "Bloodborne didn't age well" into google and most what comes up is people going back to the game and talking about how well it holds up.

At some point all the games out now will look outdated. Especially ones that target realism. I don't see how that's a problem though.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2021, 04:50:51 PM »

"hasn't aged well" ~naff
dog

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2021, 05:00:31 PM »
Bloodbourne really hasnt aged well, and it's mostly not even because the core graphics there. The chromatic abberation is terrible and even worse the frame pacing is VERY VERY TERRIBLE, makes the game looks so bad in motion, actually kept giving me a headache.

So messy. Just give us the option to at least turn that off, From

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2021, 05:17:03 PM »
God help this game if it's still cross gen. Base Xbone and PS4 will be sub 1080P and a framerate that hovers below 30.

It would make sense if cross gen plans also added to development time. Working on 6 different SKUs, especially for a studio like From, would result in a series of clusterfucks.

While I'm typically not against cross gen games, the disparity between current gen and last gen will be huge. This was also announced in 2019 (I think). If it releases 2022, there will be enough current gen consoles out there to get decent sales.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 05:25:28 PM by mormapope »
OH!

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2021, 05:25:44 PM »
Bloodborne really hasnt aged well, and it's mostly not even because the core graphics there. The chromatic abberation is terrible and even worse the frame pacing is VERY VERY TERRIBLE, makes the game looks so bad in motion, actually kept giving me a headache.

Those things were already bad back when it first released. It has nothing to do with the game's age.

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
jon

naff

« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2021, 05:41:19 PM »
idk, i downloaded bb on ps5 and yeah, it stutters real bad and everything is shiny and weird. that said i like the aesthetic. when i first played DS3 i was p blown away by the aesthetic and how smooth it was (first time playing souls at 60fps on pc) and going back to replay it was just very underwhelming.
◕‿◕

Tasty

« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2021, 05:45:19 PM »
God help this game if it's still cross gen. Base Xbone and PS4 will be sub 1080P and a framerate that hovers below 30.

It would make sense if cross gen plans also added to development time. Working on 6 different SKUs, especially for a studio like From, would result in a series of clusterfucks.

While I'm typically not against cross gen games, the disparity between current gen and last gen will be huge. This was also announced in 2019 (I think). If it releases 2022, there will be enough current gen consoles out there to get decent sales.

I was just thinking, there's no way this still comes out on Xbone and PS4 right? :dunno

naff

« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2021, 05:48:58 PM »
there are similar issues with frame pacing like bloodbornes when you switch to graphix mode in demon's souls, and most people would say the graphics mode in demon's is unplayable. for a game that relies on iframes it's especially annoying. on top of that we know there have been fan patches on modded consoles that fix the issue. fromsoft fucking suck at patching their technical issues.

edit: "most people" is prob an exaggeration, but the deso remake would be a hell of a lot worse technically (imo) if they didn't include perf mode.
◕‿◕

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2021, 05:52:14 PM »

No worries, not many other next gen games will launch anyway :trumps
🤴

El Babua

« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2021, 05:54:12 PM »
The mere thought of the FROM engine trying to run an open world with actual NPC routines on base consoles :dead

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2021, 06:10:50 PM »
Bloodborne really hasnt aged well, and it's mostly not even because the core graphics there. The chromatic abberation is terrible and even worse the frame pacing is VERY VERY TERRIBLE, makes the game looks so bad in motion, actually kept giving me a headache.

Those things were already bad back when it first released. It has nothing to do with the game's age.

oh yeah sure. but it is ugly

BIONIC

« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2021, 06:16:14 PM »

oh yeah sure. but it is ugly

Ur mom is uglyy haha goteem
Margs

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #102 on: March 01, 2021, 06:19:45 PM »
The mere thought of the FROM engine trying to run an open world with actual NPC routines on base consoles :dead
:hitler
Says who?

BIONIC

« Reply #103 on: March 01, 2021, 06:22:27 PM »
Says who?

They’ll all be completely unmoving - including their mouths while talking.

The tech masters at From  :rejoice
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #104 on: March 01, 2021, 06:40:35 PM »
They're still a gen ahead of gamefreak though  :lol

GameFreak just about entering the GameCube era
From Software is already at cross gen PS3/PS4
🤴

Himu

« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2021, 06:44:43 PM »
looks sick can't wait
IYKYK

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2021, 07:17:10 PM »
It does look sick. I wish sony would release a non fucked version on Bloodborne on PC though. Stop dumping all the sad dad cinematic universe games on steam :doge and give bloodborne

Bebpo

« Reply #107 on: March 01, 2021, 08:23:23 PM »
Says who?

Yeah, they said no towns.

You’re gonna have NPC shop keepers standing around like always.

Bebpo

« Reply #108 on: March 01, 2021, 08:52:12 PM »

Apparently this is all from a 2019 trailer that they decided not to show for whatever reason. So who knows how representative it is of the game at this point 2 years later.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #109 on: March 01, 2021, 10:51:21 PM »
That would make sense, I suppose.

I believe Elden Ring started after The Ringed City DLC finished up, which was March 2017. So that trailer would have been 2 years and some change into development, and we're now coming up on an additional 2 years this summer. It could be quite a bit different now.

Raist

« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2021, 02:18:09 AM »
Grrum is involved, so they probably trashed it and restarted from scratch.

paprikastaude

« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2021, 06:53:39 AM »

Svejk

« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2021, 07:19:47 AM »

Actual trailer

I hope that's not the actual OST.... Straight up boring, unimaginative rip off of GOW 2018 main theme.   ::) :yuck

Himu

« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2021, 07:38:41 AM »

Apparently this is all from a 2019 trailer that they decided not to show for whatever reason. So who knows how representative it is of the game at this point 2 years later.

Art design is the best From has done since Dark Souls 1. Can't wait.
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #114 on: March 03, 2021, 05:46:48 AM »

It just looks like another Souls to me.  :thinking

Svejk

« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2021, 06:55:18 AM »
Open world Souls with what looks like Sekiro stealth mechanics?  :rejoice

Himu

« Reply #116 on: March 04, 2021, 09:05:16 AM »

Hat boss at the end seemed cool to me
IYKYK

naff

« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2021, 05:23:12 PM »

i am definitely interested in open world souls, but it looks nothing special from this trailer (fully understanding this is a leak/extremely early build. i also have little faith from will do anything dramatically improved than what they've become comfortable making, which is pretty good). can imagine open spaces being quite fun when negotiating them has some pattern/puzzle solving to be done with enemies / obstacles you can't just ignore and hoon past on your horse. hopefully the larger obstacles like dragons will be a little more dynamic unlike previous entries, i think the fly by wire roboticism worked well in the ultra constrained corridors of the old games but would feel extremely dated in a modern open world game.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 05:28:02 PM by naff »
◕‿◕

Raist

« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2021, 02:13:34 PM »

Himu

« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2021, 07:21:09 PM »
ughhhh
IYKYK