Author Topic: GRRM x From = Elden Ring  (Read 44473 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: GRRM x From = Elden Ring
« Reply #360 on: March 01, 2022, 06:01:58 AM »
Timestamped for 1:18:41

Amaaaaaaazing intro really. I didnt expect him to try the game again, and especially not that amazing intro. Worth to be watched (only is around 30seconds)
What

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #361 on: March 01, 2022, 06:40:25 AM »
I don't think there are many 14 year olds reading the bire dude :doge
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #362 on: March 01, 2022, 08:11:40 AM »
I dont think a lot of 14 year olds would appreciate the fine intro montage they made for Elden Ring, its pretty Epic and only about 30 seconds so its worth the watch
What

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #363 on: March 01, 2022, 09:39:17 AM »
Started Elden Ring last night, XSX version. My only experience with Souls is I played Dark Souls 1 for about 5 hours and got frustrated and quit.

Picked a Samurai, because duh.

Spent about two hours just walking around the first area, not even really doing anything. Just picking up crafting materials, looking around, and fighting an occasional mob. This is awesome, it's like playing Skyrim for the first time. I killed a bridge troll thing and got a Pumpkin Helm that looks badass but weighs 14 lbs.

Mom took me to the Hall of Justice. I have enough whetstones to level my Uchigatana to +2. I level up once put a point in strength. I dunno. I guess Dex is better for Samurai, but I wanna be a stronk boi. I look around and see an area with like 50 bloodstains and 5 messages saying "Strong Enemy Ahead" so I jump down to see what's up and get invaded by Mad Tongue. I learn the Respectful Bow gesture and then he kills me in basically one hit. I had 2000 souls on me (which I know is not a lot in the grand scheme of things, but it's the principle) so I went back to see if I could get them and get out without fighting him, but it was impossible. Instead I found out that he has really low poise, and I was able to get him down to like 1/3rds health with a few heavy attacks. So then I get stubborn and ended up fighting him about 40 more times for the next hour, and finally finally beat him and got basically fuck all for my trouble, but I got my 2k souls back from that bastard! Also I got a Holy sword that requires 30 faith, whomp whomp.

After that, I went back to the starting area and explored two caves north of the church. The first one just had a group of wolves and some barbarian looking boss that was super easy. I just face tanked him because I'm a noob and that was good enough. The second cave had a bit more too it, and it also had these goblins that were little bastards. I died a couple of times in there, but I also finally figured out that I should be using Unsheathe because it does a butt-ton of damage. I fought some kind of giant dog...statue...zombie thing that breathed fire. He killed me once, but then I went back and Unsheathed on his ass and he went down quick.

Next, I went down and explored the western coast and fought a troll. I tried to fight him on foot once and it didn't go well, but on horseback he was pretty easy to maneuver around and take out. I fought some gross tentacle monsters and killed the invisible swordsman. I found a gust of air that you can jump into and accidentally yeeted myself into the ocean.

At this point I was ready to wrap it up for the night, but I thought "maybe I'll try to fight Tree Sentinel again, I'm Lv. 18 now, it's probably doable". Narrator: It was not doable (for me). Tree Sentinel has hands.
©@©™

Nuitangg

« Reply #364 on: March 01, 2022, 12:27:12 PM »
Beat Tree Sentinel with about 60 arrows on a platform.
I'm never beating this game.

:goldberg

thetylerrob

« Reply #365 on: March 01, 2022, 12:49:34 PM »
Also I got a Holy sword that requires 30 faith, whomp whomp.

Ackshually you got a holy light saber wrist blade that you can duel wield. Dis game is sick.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #366 on: March 01, 2022, 01:38:37 PM »
Beat Tree Sentinel with about 60 arrows on a platform.
I'm never beating this game.

:goldberg

Mom will give you hugs when the game gets too hard.   :uguu

spoiler (click to show/hide)
For 5% of your Max HP. Worth tho.
[close]
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #368 on: March 01, 2022, 06:22:42 PM »
If you wanna see a streamer who's never played a Souls game before fumble with the game for 7 hrs check out docs stream (he didnt like it lmao)

Why the fuck would anyone want to watch a "streamer" who is shit at the game. I can see myself being shit on my TV screen

Kestastrophe

• "Hero" isn't the right word, but its the first word that comes to mind
« Reply #369 on: March 01, 2022, 06:58:27 PM »
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 07:03:36 PM by Kestastrophe »
jon

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #370 on: March 01, 2022, 07:16:01 PM »
Yeah, Ive just been wandering around getting clobbered by big badasses and soldiers on ballista turrets. I did manage to clear a couple of mini-dungeons. I somehow missed the smithing table at the church :goldberg

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #371 on: March 01, 2022, 09:02:41 PM »
Cheesed Margit with skeleton militia summons  :fbm

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #372 on: March 01, 2022, 10:51:23 PM »
Timestamped for 1:18:41

Amaaaaaaazing intro really. I didnt expect him to try the game again, and especially not that amazing intro. Worth to be watched (only is around 30seconds)

Okay I decided to bite. That shit was lame as hell and I still don't understand how and why a "streamer" is a thing
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 11:19:40 PM by The Sceneman »

Mostima

« Reply #373 on: March 02, 2022, 12:16:59 AM »
Holy shit this game is long, I'm 65 hours in and I'm still not done. And the most amazing part is nothing has felt stretched out or too drawn out. Boss-wise this does feel easier than previous Soulsborne/Sekiro games though, there's only 2 bosses I've felt really stuck on for at the entrance and the end of Leyndall, but that's partially because I was too under-leveled. You don't really feel stuck since you can always go somewhere else, you're more likely to be over-leveled for areas than under-leveled with how many places there are to visit.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #374 on: March 02, 2022, 02:18:52 AM »
If you wanna see a streamer who's never played a Souls game before fumble with the game for 7 hrs check out docs stream (he didnt like it lmao)

Why the fuck would anyone want to watch a "streamer" who is shit at the game. I can see myself being shit on my TV screen

Jesus christ I just wanted to share that custom intro they made lmao
What

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #375 on: March 02, 2022, 04:16:01 AM »
Sorry I'm just feeling quite angry at the world today lol.

I'm glad this fellow is enjoying the game now

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #376 on: March 02, 2022, 07:55:24 AM »
I'm still being crazy and was playing several different classes to see which one to stick with.  Definitely dropping Hero and most likely will stop Samurai in favor of Prisoner.  Watched some stuff on magic users and it looks really, really appealing.

With the Prisoner, I went and got the meteor staff, meteor spell, and traveler's gear via the treasure chest "trap" in the game's beginning area that warps you all the way to the right side of the map, then followed a guide that has you run through the map and grab a bunch of stuff that nets you 10,000+ runes, five +2 potions, the mixed flask, and a weapon that is +4 or +5 all after about 10-15 minutes.  This let me level up to get intelligence at 18 and use the staff.  I then went to Fort Haight and cleared it out to get the bloody slash, so now I have a crazy strong spell and a super powerful melee weapon.  Going to get the carian slicer spell next.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 09:16:26 AM by bork »
ど助平

Coax

« Reply #377 on: March 02, 2022, 08:10:31 AM »
With the Bandit... followed a guide that has you run through the map and grab a bunch of stuff that nets you 10,000+ runes, five +2 potions, the mixed flask, and a weapon that is +4 or +5 all after about 10-15 minutes.

Link?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #378 on: March 02, 2022, 09:19:02 AM »
With the Bandit... followed a guide that has you run through the map and grab a bunch of stuff that nets you 10,000+ runes, five +2 potions, the mixed flask, and a weapon that is +4 or +5 all after about 10-15 minutes.

Link?

Sorry, meant Prisoner class if that changes anything.

Follow this guide if you want to get the stuff I mentioned pretty quickly.  Can be done as early as after you get your horse.

[close]

Follow this guide to get the meteor staff.  The video doesn't cover it, but in the same place where you get the staff, you'll find gear and a stairwell leading downstairs to get the spell.  It's all located in the ruined brick areas.

[close]

For the bloody slash.  Fort Haight is on the southeast area of the map from the starting location.  Just google to find it.  There's a site of grace to the right of it so no worries if you die attempting it.  If you follow that starter "OP" video and do the optional "quest" to level up your spirit helpers, you'll destroy it with ease.  I barely had to even fight the knight at the top of the fort because the summoned wolves were just wrecking him.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 09:23:11 AM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #379 on: March 02, 2022, 09:24:18 AM »
OK, yeah- sticking with prisoner.  I had to fight one of those pumpkin heads in a small room and the meteorite magic doesn't do much to him...but the bloody slash sure as hell did.  :pimp
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #380 on: March 02, 2022, 09:43:59 AM »
Elden Rings Diary Entry #2: Head Empty, Just Explore

I played for another 3 1/2 hours last night. I didn't fight any bosses or do any quests or anything, I just explored the whole time. I talked to some ponce that wanted me to liberate his fort that had been taken over by bandits and went to do it, but then I got distracted by GIANT MURDER BEARS that can run down your horse. I took a few L's in the murder bear forest, ngl.

Eventually, I made my way to a well that had an elevator in it that took me down to an underground river. This was a cool area, and even though I felt underleveled for it because even the basic grunts were taking like 15 dmg per hit, I wanted to check it out anyway. The enemies were fairly unthreatening, so I took my time and looted a bunch of high tier smiting items (which I can't even use yet) and mushrooms. So many mushrooms.

(Image removed from quote.)

I found an area where I needed to light 8 Obelisks to open something, but there were a ton of butthole ghost archers in the area and I figured it was just going to make me fight a hard-ass boss if I did it anyway, so I just noped out of there for now and ended up in a poison swamp. I derped around in the poison swamp for a while, got chased by more murder bears, found some fancy lad wanderer's full armor set, and I wore that a bit for variety.

Total Time Played: ~7.5 hours
Current Character: Lv. 18 Samurai
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #381 on: March 02, 2022, 10:38:33 AM »
The carian slicer is a magic sword that doesn't use much FP and does insane damage.  Holy shit- I love magic in this game. :lol
ど助平

Svejk

« Reply #382 on: March 02, 2022, 11:39:28 AM »
Won't have a chance to get back to this till friday.  :fbm 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #384 on: March 02, 2022, 11:41:04 AM »
Won't have a chance to get back to this till friday.  :fbm

Try remote play at your desk?
:rollsafe
ど助平

Polident Hive

« Reply #385 on: March 02, 2022, 08:06:32 PM »
Tempted to watch these guide videos to mitigate the early game. It's been chill so far, about two hours in. Went with vanguard and it's familiar if a touch boring. As I'm reading up on classes, feeling like samurai would've been the choice for me. It'll balance out soon enough.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #386 on: March 02, 2022, 08:42:29 PM »
Lmao DrDisrespect didnt give up and got so good at the game he beat Godrick on his first try lmao
What

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #387 on: March 02, 2022, 08:46:13 PM »
Beat Ulcerated Tree Spirit on the first try

... O shit this Fingerfolks dungeon has a bunch of secret paths where you drop from the thin bridge part
« Last Edit: March 02, 2022, 09:03:04 PM by Madrun Badrun »

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #388 on: March 03, 2022, 09:40:41 AM »
Elden Rings Diary Entry #3: Do the Main Quest Line 2022 Challenge (Impossible)

Another exploration heavy day. I made my way down to the Weeping Peninsula. I found a Minor Erdtree and killed an Erdtree Avatar. I also found the Tower of Return (gonna spoiler this just because it was unexpected and cool)

At the top of the tower is a chest with a teleporter trap that takes you to the capital city. There's a site of grace and a giant you can fight, but not much else in the area. Still, pretty cool view.
[close]

I went down toward the southern tip of the peninsula and talked to a lady that said her father's castle had been swarmed and she asked me to take a letter to her father. I went and checked out the castle, but I didn't feel like trying to do it yet, so I teleported back to Limgrave. I wanted to upgrade my Uchigatana and my brother told me I should go to a mine for crafting mats, and showed me what undiscovered mines looked like on the map, so I found and entered the Limgrave Tunnels. The rock bois were strong against my Uchigatana, but even they couldn't stand up to a nice two-handed slash.  I made my way through most of the mine (although I probably missed a secret area or two on the elevators) and fought the Cavedigger Troll. The first time I got to him I had no flasks, panicked and I got flattened, but on my second attempt, I just Unshealthed on him a few times and knocked him down, then finished him off without even needing the heals. *flex*

After that I had enough smithing stones to do some upgrades, so I went back to the Stronghold and upgraded Uchigatana from +2 to +4. *double flex* I also went down to the basement and spent 3 Stonesword Keys to get a unique crossbow and the Assassin's Prayerbook. Kinda feels like a waste of keys since I'm not really doing much ranged fighting and I don't even have enough faith to use any of the assassin abilities yet, but maybe I'll try out the crossbow.

Total Time Played: ~10.5 hours
Current Character: Lv. 23 Samurai
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 09:49:47 AM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #389 on: March 03, 2022, 01:04:34 PM »
About 20 hours in, beat Margit and Godrick. Been using melee only, no casting, using great weapons or colossal weapons. 40 points into strength.

Main goal is to get enough smithing stones to make my zweihander +10. At +5 it does great damage and stuns most enemies or bosses with a charge attack, but I want big dick damage.
OH!

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #390 on: March 03, 2022, 01:21:10 PM »
I've been going no magic too for the most part other than bell summons and my sword has a magic attack (curved great sword from the crawly dude in the crater surrounded by stone worms)

mormapope

« Reply #391 on: March 03, 2022, 02:03:05 PM »
I didn't know this for a while, but equipping a new ash of war art on your weapon is how you enchant a weapon I believe. Enchanted my Zweihander with Heavy, making all damage scaling strength based.
OH!

chronovore

• relapsed dev

Polident Hive

« Reply #393 on: March 03, 2022, 08:51:49 PM »
Gonna jinx myself and say this has been quite a lot easier than past souls games, if for one reason alone: summoning a hoard of ghost friends.

The catharsis of watching my five ghost dudes not giving this boss time to breath. Locking him in the corner. Finally, the boot is on the other foot.   :rejoice

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #394 on: March 03, 2022, 09:27:59 PM »
I really like that I can heal my summons with the big AoE spell the Prophet class starts with.

Mostima

« Reply #395 on: March 03, 2022, 11:50:18 PM »
Lvl 141, 73 hours in. Just have the final boss and 1 optional boss left.

[close]

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

Mostima

« Reply #397 on: March 04, 2022, 09:00:26 AM »
Okay, this one end-game optional boss is actually bullshit, it has this one crazy long combo attack that literally nobody has been able to actually dodge from what I've seen online, it's especially bad because they can lifesteal off these attacks even if you block it. Everybody either goes for a super-heavy greatshield, or goes for a super aggressive katana bleed build and hope to get lucky with chaining staggers and bleed procs. This is way harder than anything in DaS 1-3.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #398 on: March 04, 2022, 09:14:30 AM »
What

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #399 on: March 04, 2022, 10:10:22 AM »
I just massacred a bunch of tortoises in what looked to be a sanctuary

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #400 on: March 04, 2022, 10:57:45 AM »
Man you out here killing dogs man u meanie
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #402 on: March 04, 2022, 11:56:49 AM »
That was pretty amazing
What

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #403 on: March 04, 2022, 12:18:12 PM »
 Elden Ring Diary Entry #4: Stormveil Castle (Part 1)

I heard people say that Bloody Slash is OP, so I decided to do the Castle Haight quest to get it. Took down the castle fairly easily and added Bloody Slash to my Uchigatana +4. It actually lowered my raw stats because it makes your scaling worse, but the increased bleed + the special attack seem worth it. Sometimes against harder enemies, it feels like you're only doing chip damage, and then all of sudden they just explode like at the end of Sanjuro.  :lol

Now that I had Bloody Slash, I decided to finally head towards Stormveil Castle and the first main boss, Margit. With the help of Tim the Sorcerer and my wolf bois running distraction, I was able to get in there with Bloody Slash and tear his shit all up fairly easily. By that I mean that I only died three times. I see this as an absolute win. We are now officially back on the critical path for the first time since 15 minutes after I started the game, woo!

I followed the advice of the weirdo inside and avoided the main entrance of the castle and started making my way along the ramparts. There was a lot of birds and ranged bois out, so I decided to make use of Crepus's Black-Key Crossbow that I picked up in the Roundtable Hold to snipe these guys. But first I went back to the hold and used some of my Somber Smithing Stones to get to +3, and then I crafted a bunch of bleed bolts, and now we're cooking. Took out all the birds and the firebomb throwers and got inside of the rear of the castle. Fought a big knight, died many times to him, finally killed him and got the key to go deeper.

After that I died to another big knight, and I decided to call it night. Today, the assault on Stormveil Castle continues.

Total Time Played: ~14 hours
Current Character: Lv. 28 Samurai
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 12:52:21 PM by Joe Molotov »
©@©™

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #404 on: March 04, 2022, 01:05:42 PM »
Where the bird-bombers are there is a secret place where you drop off the outer wall.  There is a knight down there that keeps fucking my shit up.

Polident Hive

« Reply #405 on: March 04, 2022, 02:00:05 PM »
Gonna jinx myself and say this has been quite a lot easier than past souls games, if for one reason alone: summoning a hoard of ghost friends.

The catharsis of watching my five ghost dudes not giving this boss time to breath. Locking him in the corner. Finally, the boot is on the other foot.   :rejoice

Jinxed myself. A tree one shotted me and my boys.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #406 on: March 04, 2022, 06:44:11 PM »
Where the bird-bombers are there is a secret place where you drop off the outer wall.  There is a knight down there that keeps fucking my shit up.

You can bypass the knight there is another path...

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #407 on: March 04, 2022, 07:23:15 PM »
It's optional anyway but I want to murder him -- I'm talking about the guy that gets golden angel wings and a golden scorpion tail when you take him down to half health. 

found a video of the dude

[close]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 07:28:35 PM by Madrun Badrun »

Mostima

« Reply #408 on: March 05, 2022, 09:10:57 AM »
Just finished the game, summoning ashes makes things pretty easy if you got a good summon, with the exception of one bonus boss. If you guys are still deciding on what weapons to upgrade, go for a weapon with decent range and speed with bleed, like a katana. Heavy weapons suck as somebody who went through 90% of the game using one.

Svejk

« Reply #409 on: March 05, 2022, 10:12:21 AM »
After a 6 day hiatus, had a good sesh last night.  Took a minute to warm up to it again, but finished lighting up those obelisks.. tried that boss, but it was mauling me in 2 hits and my bloody slash was barely doing any damage to it.  Will try it again later. 

Moved on and did some runs and found the inner circle place, upgraded my sword and flasks and decided to try Margit.  He took a few tries, but finally got past him.  I keep forgetting how essential the jump attack is. Lol Started up the castle and stopped after getting that key from that knight in the dark room..... Who killed me more than Margit did for some reason.. then I finally kill him without getting touched.   ::) Can't wait to continue on tonight!

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #411 on: March 05, 2022, 05:50:38 PM »
Elden Ring Diary Entry #5: Intermission

Instead of going back to Stormveil Castle, I just farted around a bit more instead.

I killed the Tree Sentinel. I went to the lake and killed Agheel the Dragon, and offered his heart to the Church of Dragon Communion in exchange for spells I can't even begin to cast. I met the Wolfman in the Mistwoods and killed the Bloodhound Gang for him. I found the cave that had Patches in it, I don't really know who that is, but people online seem to like him so I didn't kill him. I used his trapped chest though and got teleported somewhere I'd already been like a million times, so it was really nbd. I went back to Castle Morne and killed the Leonine Misbegotten. I tried to fight the Ball Bearing Hunter at the Warmaster's Shack, but I got bodied about 20 times, rip. I'll try that one again later. I got Rodricka to set up shop in the Roundtable Hold and upgraded my Jellyfish and my Wolves, and also had enough smithing materials to get my Uchigatana to +5.

I was going back to Stormveil but I noticed there was a little passage around the back of it near Stormhill Shack, so I went to check that out and found a side passage into the Liurnia of the Lakes and I ended up roaming around in there for several hours.

I made it all the way to the Academy, but the door was locked so I had to turn back and check out the eastern part of the region. I found Jarburg, where all the pot people live. What a friendly place, I got tons of pots and flowers. :)

I made it deep into the northeast of the area, and ran into the Black Knife Catacombs. I think I'll save that spot for later, and just go back and hang out with the Turtle Pope for a bit.

Total Time Played: ~19 hours
Current Character: Lv. 34 Samurai
©@©™

Svejk

« Reply #412 on: March 06, 2022, 04:09:19 AM »
Can't believe I played for 4 hours and all that time was in Stormveil Castle.   :titus Upgraded to a greatsword +4.  Will try it later on, hopefully take out the knights quicker.  Just realized today I had 2 pendent/amulet slots that had nothing equipped.  ::)

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #413 on: March 06, 2022, 02:49:55 PM »
Can't believe I played for 4 hours and all that time was in Stormveil Castle.   :titus Upgraded to a greatsword +4.  Will try it later on, hopefully take out the knights quicker.  Just realized today I had 2 pendent/amulet slots that had nothing equipped.  ::)

Is this just to get to the end or a return exploration? Man there's sp many little paths and shit in that castle. I rushed through it at first heh but have since been back and done it proper. Stilm some items I haven't found access to. probably spent over 5 hrs mucking around in there.
◕‿◕

Svejk

« Reply #414 on: March 06, 2022, 04:39:48 PM »

Is this just to get to the end or a return exploration? Man there's sp many little paths and shit in that castle. I rushed through it at first heh but have since been back and done it proper. Stilm some items I haven't found access to. probably spent over 5 hrs mucking around in there.
Just exploring after Margit.  I do love taking my time through these DS style structures and walking shield up around every corner though.  But found what looks to be the exit to the north, but also looks like the back side of the front gate.. But then found some hidden side entrance too and ventured around there some before heading back in.  Also found a room where some tarnished mage was selling some dope ashes of war.  Will be revisiting him for sure.  There's a branch in the castle though where I'm struggling some.  There's a knight with a halberd, but there's some brute red headed sword guy hidden around the corner that agro's too.  Trying to lure them one at a time up a ladder so I can keep knocking them off . Sometimes they fall, sometimes they don't.  Otherwise yeah, this first castle is so damn fun... It's like a phat slice of DS dropped seamlessly into a massive open world.  It's Brilliant. :delicious

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #415 on: March 06, 2022, 04:41:14 PM »
The entire game is basically dark souls x100
What

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #416 on: March 06, 2022, 06:46:41 PM »
So the secret knight inside Stormview castle that I can't beat is the Crucible Knight.  Just found his other location -- also can't beat there lol

Also finally got to Godrick.  Think I have cleaned out most of the starting area though.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #417 on: March 07, 2022, 07:44:25 AM »

If Ubisoft made Elden Ring
🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #418 on: March 07, 2022, 09:40:19 AM »
Elden Ring Diary Entry #6: Stormveil Castle (Part 2)

I returned to the castle to clear the second half and topple Goddrick.

Spent a lot of time exploring for secret areas. I found the Crucible Knight that Madrun Badrun was talking about and easily defeated him.

Totally Legit Strategy Inside(Not Cheese!)
After dying 7 or 8 times, I lured him back to the elevator room to see if I could use the elevator shaft to keep some distance from him to engage him better, but instead he just runs directly into the shaft and dies. :lol
[close]

Made it to Goddrick, and and my man was looking pretty eff'd up. That cutscene in the middle of the fight, holy crap bro, you good?? :lol With the help of my Barbarian Queen waifu and my Jelly friend, I was able to dispatch him without too much trouble. With Goddrick dispatched, I could now officially enter Liurnia of the Lakes through the front gates. Before moving on, I gave grapes to a new waifu, and headed north.

I spent a while just checking out the area, clearing out some enemy encampments, finding sites of grace, nothing major. I traveled as far north as I could go, up to the Great Lift, but there was nothing I could do there at the moment without "precious item". I talked to an old crone, however, that implied that there was another way to the top of the lift, a "coward's path, into the water and through the dark caverns". Hmmmm.....I do love a good coward's path.

At this point, I decided to make upgrading my Uchigatana my current priority. I'd been stuck on +5 for a long time, and to get to +6 I needed a bunch of Smithing Stones(2), but if I could just get over that hump, I had a bunch of Smithing Stones(3) already to get several more levels. I consulted a wiki and it seems liked the Raya Lucaria Crytal Tunnels were my best option, having a bunch of SS(2) drops, plus a boss that dropped a Bell Bearing that gets the Twins to sell me more stones. I found the cave and explored the entrance, but my Uchigatana wasn't going to cut it here (pun intended) against these rock bois. I decided to go Flail and started smashing my way through them with the greatest of ease, however the mages were still giving me grief because there were so many of them, and I was taking so much damage while rushing into to melee them. Arrows were worthless too, but then I though, what about pots? I'd never really crafted any of the pot-based weapons, but I checked my crafting tab and I had enough mats to craft like 60 Fire Pots plus I had 6 cracked pots to hold them in, so I was like what the heck, let's try this. Well, the pots turned out to be super useful against the mage enemies. One pot took down the easier ones and two could take down the tougher ones, and I could hit them from far enough away that they weren't aggroed yet. I used about 20 pots, but I easily crushed the rest of the mines. The boss at the end was strong against fire damage, but very weak to strikes, and put up little resistance to my flail.

With that, it was back to the Roundtable Hold to cash in my Bell Bearing and immediately upgrade my Uchigatana all the way to +10. Making those gains, soon I'm gonna be drowning in maidens. Picture of my stat screen if anyone wants to see my probably very suboptimal build cuz I don't really know what I'm doing.

Not really sure where to go next from here. I guess I'll just keep looking around Liurnia and seeing what else there is to see, or maybe I'll go see what's up over in Caelid, where everything looks terrible and bad.

Total Time Played: ~24 hours
Current Character: Lv. 38 Samurai
©@©™

mormapope

« Reply #419 on: March 07, 2022, 10:03:41 AM »
I gave up on my pure strength build. I could do great damage in bursts,but most enemies are too quick and don't follow typical Souls AI patterns.

Gonna try arcane/dex for my next character.
OH!