Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remake |OT| The Unknown Journey Will Continue  (Read 138073 times)

Coffee Dog

Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake
« Reply #660 on: April 04, 2020, 06:13:57 PM »
Do you ever get more moves to do when you dont have ATB?

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #661 on: April 05, 2020, 05:20:10 AM »
Doesn't seem like it. Been doing the same melee combo since the start. Not seeing extra styles beside heavy and light either. Tifa plays differently though. Brawler with some uppercut move.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #662 on: April 05, 2020, 12:48:56 PM »
Also 3 games were confirmed?
Probably an assumption since the original game was spread across three discs?
Hi

Himu

« Reply #663 on: April 05, 2020, 01:04:43 PM »
Doesn't seem like it. Been doing the same melee combo since the start. Not seeing extra styles beside heavy and light either. Tifa plays differently though. Brawler with some uppercut move.

How do her limits work? Is she still Sabin?
IYKYK

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #664 on: April 05, 2020, 03:04:15 PM »
Got a limit break twice over the 7 hours I've played. Both of em Cloud. So, no clue what they're like on the other characters.

Game has mostly been linear so far.

Himu

« Reply #665 on: April 05, 2020, 03:08:09 PM »

But I thought that the increased length would allow them to give the player opportunity to explore places of Midgar you couldn't go before which would open the city of Midgar up into a giant, open metropolis. :doge

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:neogaf
[close]
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #666 on: April 05, 2020, 03:13:15 PM »

But I thought that the increased length would allow them to give the player opportunity to explore places of Midgar you couldn't go before which would open the city of Midgar up into a giant, open metropolis. :doge

(Image removed from quote.)

[close]
Only complete morons expected this, tbh.
It takes R* games 6+ years, 1000 devs and 200$ millions to create ONE city, who expected SquareEnix to have multiple ones, when they couldn't even finish ONE open world in 10 years, with XV?

Svejk

« Reply #667 on: April 05, 2020, 03:16:20 PM »
Playing the OG on my phone.  Just got past the Sector 7 plate falling.  The game is linear af.  I'm ok with FF7R being linear as well.  We all know this'll all be different once out of Midgar... on both parts.   I wasn't expecting them to make Midgar a huge open City..  What if they did?  It would've been a bad idea...  It would be either desolate with a bunch of repeated assets, and/or even 10x more filler fetch quests and whatnot.  F all that noise. 

Himu

« Reply #668 on: April 05, 2020, 03:18:38 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

[close]
Only complete morons expected this, tbh.
It takes R* games 6+ years, 1000 devs and 200$ millions to create ONE city, who expected SquareEnix to have multiple ones, when they couldn't even finish ONE open world in 10 years, with XV?

No one said anything about an open-world in that post.

Just a more open Midgar. People said you'd be able to explore the top plate, and it could further extrapolate the slums.

Larger, more open != open world in any capacity. It can mean it, but it's not the only definition.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #669 on: April 05, 2020, 03:24:56 PM »
Playing the OG on my phone.  Just got past the Sector 7 plate falling.  The game is linear af.  I'm ok with FF7R being linear as well.  We all know this'll all be different once out of Midgar... on both parts.   I wasn't expecting them to make Midgar a huge open City..  What if they did?  It would've been a bad idea...  It would be either desolate with a bunch of repeated assets, and/or even 10x more filler fetch quests and whatnot.  F all that noise.

This is full on excuse making on par with "it's hard to make towns in HD".

The problem is that Mdigar in FF7 is literally 6 hours long so the linearity isn't a massive negative. The remake? Stretched to 40. In order to make that work you must, naturally, make the world larger and less linear.

"It'll be different once out of Midgar" but the whole game is Midgar. Are you saying that you expected a linear 40 hour game and you're fine with it?

FF7 fanboys are weird.

And you know, if only there were a game, you know, an FF with larger, open cities...

Nah, larger and more open means, of course, GTA. Those are the morons of course.

I'm sorry but the excuse making and not being able to be on par with a game released in 2006 is hilarious to me.
IYKYK

Coffee Dog

« Reply #670 on: April 05, 2020, 03:27:44 PM »
Well, idk what you expected. The entire reason this game is in the format it's in (in parts) is because Square has already told us it's financially impossible for a modern big budget blockbuster to be on par with a game from 1997.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #671 on: April 05, 2020, 03:34:10 PM »

This is the biggest non-linear map I've seen so far.

Himu

« Reply #672 on: April 05, 2020, 03:34:10 PM »
Well, idk what you expected. The entire reason this game is in the format it's in (in parts) is because Square has already told us it's financially impossible for a modern big budget blockbuster to be on par with a game from 1997.

No, see. This is what I expected.

I'm mocking the fanboy justification for making the game only in Midgar. Rah said this for years. Now I'm rubbing it in his face.

Of course, now that the tea is out on the remake it becomes "what did you expect?" and "I'm fine with it being linear".

Reminds me of when FFXIII came out and FF diehards were like,"I LIKE that it's a straight line" "they're on the run, of course there's no towns"

Low standards seems to be a FF fanboy mantra.

IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #673 on: April 05, 2020, 03:41:21 PM »
HD Towns are hard, scaling up the barren wasteland of a town you see in FFXII, to the level of quality you'd expect from FFVIIR (with its, honestly, very impressive graphics) isn't really straight forward.

You'd need a well oiled machine and this is Square Enix we're talking about, not exactly the shining example of a team with their shit together.

I think expecting anything more than a couple of streets (Shenmue 1 style) is setting yourself up for disappointment.
That said, i don't see the point of shitting on the game before even playing it, it's like you're looking forward to it being shit or something, or maybe it's just a coping mechanism.  :yeshrug

I have very little investment myself, as i said i never even played the original, i wasn't even looking forward to this prior to playing the demo.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #674 on: April 05, 2020, 03:57:54 PM »
I never said the game would be open world. I said being focused on Midgar would only them to flesh it out and render it in more detail. It being linear dosen't mean that hasn't happen. Espically since Midgar itself in every video I've seen has looked amazing.

You're not rubbing anything in my face. The game looks good and will probably be very enjoyable. What you are doing is being the most obnoxious person in the room wanting the game to fail because of whatever made up standards you set for yourself. Which you like to dress up in your stupid "IM SUPER JRPG FAN UNLIKE YOU" pretension. Which is no surprise. So while you sit here making post after post about how it dosen't compare to blah blah, how you're a true jrpg fan or whatever, how Dragonquest is the bestest series ever, and generally being the Himouro I expected. I and others will actually be playing the game and having a fun time. Only worrying if the game in front of them is good or not.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 04:09:16 PM by Rahxephon91 »

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #675 on: April 05, 2020, 04:42:49 PM »
Final Fantasy held to the same standards as a Dreamcast game I see  :doge
OH!

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #676 on: April 05, 2020, 05:08:27 PM »
Final Fantasy held to the same standards as a Dreamcast game I see  :doge
Why the surprise? We actually had to lower that standard, for Shenmue 3.  ;)

Himu

« Reply #677 on: April 05, 2020, 05:10:33 PM »
Remember a time when Final Fantasy was the gaming franchise and Square was the gaming company and you bought the system for Final Fantasy and not the other way around? Pepperridge Farm remembers.

A remake of one of the most influential games of all time, stretched from a full game to three different parts, with its 6 hour intro padded to 40 hours and the amount of excuse making and damage control is enough to bottle up pure fucking resentment for the fanbase and the developers whose standards who have become so low that they make Star Wars fans look like fucking James Joyce stans in comparison.

For years you and others justified them splitting this into multiple parts by saying that they would further explore the world of FFVII by making it larger. "After all, you barely explore Midgar in the original. There's entire sections of Midgar that are left completely unexplored such as the top plate," they'd say. But now that the game has shown to be actually smaller than imagined the excuse making comes which bears resemblance to FFXIII era antics, where "hd towns are too hard" and "I like that they put all the lore into the datalog, it makes the story more minimal".

But who cares, brrrr big swords amirite.

Remember Rah, you said "they are dropping FFXVI to focus on FFVII Remake. That's the big FF this gen" right? Then, by that standard, we should expect FFXVI quality, right? That is what you said, isn't it?

FFVII Remake is perhaps the biggest evidence that gamers are dumb, blind consumer whores. Better check my Steam Sale.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #678 on: April 05, 2020, 05:19:34 PM »
Look I don’t give a fuck. The game looks good. I’m gonna enjoy it. You’re going to continue to be a bitter nerd.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #679 on: April 05, 2020, 05:22:56 PM »
reading cindi rageposts is the best part of the pregame hype cycle
pcp

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #680 on: April 05, 2020, 05:47:11 PM »

Well, for them.
What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #681 on: April 05, 2020, 05:57:35 PM »
24 hours from comparing a game she hasn't played to ff12 to gamers are dumb, blind consumer whores. you gotta stop setting yourself up for disappointment like this. :lol

Rahxephon91

« Reply #682 on: April 05, 2020, 05:59:16 PM »
Remember Rah, you said "they are dropping FFXVI to focus on FFVII Remake. That's the big FF this gen" right? Then, by that standard, we should expect FFXVI quality, right? That is what you said, isn't it?
Nope, I never said that since how the fuck would I know. I'm pretty sure they are making the next FF though. What I'm sure I said is that this game has the production values of a regular main FF. Which it does....

Remember a time when Final Fantasy was the gaming franchise and Square was the gaming company and you bought the system for Final Fantasy and not the other way around? Pepperridge Farm remembers.
Yeah I remember a time of almost two decades ago. But I don't live in the 90s like you. Times change. Remember when Sega was a big deal? Remember when Disney did'nt own everything? When Marvel was the X-men, when we did'nt have things like Mincraft and Fortnight. Times and trends change. That's a part of life. If your entire argument(it has been) can be summed up as "I WANT THINGS LIKE THE PAST LIKE I LIKED THEM" then that is sad.

That said, um whats one of the most hyped up and biggest releases of this year......um a Final Fantasy game.

What was one of the most praised games of last year...a Final Fantasy game.

I remember when Bioware was big shit, now they made Anthem. I also remember when Square seemed to not know what they are doing. No Square is not that cool 20 something artist changing the world. No, today they are the 40 something artists who has gone through shit and is now comfortably creating things that sometimes have interesting things to say. Square's output this gen has been fantastic and continues to be worth while.

For years you and others justified them splitting this into multiple parts by saying that they would further explore the world of FFVII by making it larger. "After all, you barely explore Midgar in the original. There's entire sections of Midgar that are left completely unexplored such as the top plate," they'd say. But now that the game has shown to be actually smaller than imagined the excuse making comes which bears resemblance to FFXIII era antics, where "hd towns are too hard" and "I like that they put all the lore into the datalog, it makes the story more minimal".
I mean seems like they did though...I'm actually happy it's linear as I don't want something like FFXV(which is a flawed, but pretty interesting game). I mean you're raging, but that screen posted here is one area? And it looks decently big compared to FFXII which you feel the need to compare it to. Knowing how delineated the graphics of the game are, it seems they did a good job realizing Midgar. I haven't played the game, but this dosen't really seem to be like FFXIII at all, so I don't really know what you are complaining about.

Honestly, you are so annoying and such a pretentious ass about these things.

Who honestly even wants to engage with you when make comments like this:

FFVII Remake is perhaps the biggest evidence that gamers are dumb, blind consumer whores
Seriously, I have no interests in discussing anything with you when you make comments like this and you constant grating of "well I'm a real jrpg fan and your not" style of posts. So I won’t. No, people will like the games they want for the myriad of reasons they want. I'm sorry they don't meet the highfalutin tastes of yours.  But no one wants to talk to someone who acts like that and I’m not. People think I’m unbearable, but hey at least it’s about games I’ve played and disliked. I don’t want want to engage with this thread when the game is out and you won’t be able to help yourself. It’s already unbearable now, can’t imagine this after Friday.

I'm going to get this game and enjoy it. You're going to get it and do nothing but bitch.

I win.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 06:22:56 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #683 on: April 05, 2020, 06:26:15 PM »
Thank God this isn't gonna be like FF12 btw. Hated that big budget version version of an f2p Korean mmo bullshit :pacspit

you disgust me

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #684 on: April 05, 2020, 06:30:08 PM »
FFVII Remake is perhaps the biggest evidence that gamers are dumb, blind consumer whores.

i am so glad we finally got proof of this

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #685 on: April 05, 2020, 06:48:00 PM »
Final Fantasy 15 or was it 16? didn't really grab me in any way during the first hour or so, so I stopped playing. This looks interesting to try out sometime.

Still, I think Monolith Software and others have Square Enix beat at this point when it comes to JRPG's and then there's of course plenty of other open world RPG's and franchises that have evolved into those.
A more linear take for Final Fantasy isn't bad at all considering all the huge open world map games that already exist.
🤴

bluemax

« Reply #686 on: April 05, 2020, 08:16:18 PM »
Final Fantasy 15 or was it 16? didn't really grab me in any way during the first hour or so, so I stopped playing. This looks interesting to try out sometime.

Still, I think Monolith Software and others have Square Enix beat at this point when it comes to JRPG's and then there's of course plenty of other open world RPG's and franchises that have evolved into those.
A more linear take for Final Fantasy isn't bad at all considering all the huge open world map games that already exist.

https://twitter.com/Blun_Z/status/1246871890225963008

I played 60 something hours of this game and I still can't tell you the majority of what to do in battle.
NO

Rahxephon91

« Reply #687 on: April 05, 2020, 08:24:23 PM »

Well, for them.
Who is it financially possible for?

Who's making a huge single player production like this?

Rockstar? Ok Yeah they made one game this gen and it took pretty much all of Rockstar and also was probably budgeted knowing they had an online multiplayer component to make money off of.

Ubisoft? Their copy and paste open world games which clearly haven't been polished and whatnot.

Bethesda? Yes, though I doubt Fallout 4 looks, animates, or has the level of polish as FFVIIR. Also the only real single player rpg they made this gen.

Capcom? Their two Remakes look great and clearly had a lot of money, time, and effort put into them. 3R was also outsourced and both cut content from the original games.

CD Project Red? Yeah Witcher 3 was great.

You act like this that's some unreasonable statement. Even the production time for the game is pretty inline with how long it would take. Asset generation, texture work, animation, level design, general game monogramming, and polish is'nt some cheap or easy thing. "Oh but the Division 2 has big open levels, why can't Square do that?" Division 2 also has pretty meh looking animation, not as good character or enemy modeling, nowhere close to the cutscene production and so on. Gamers for some unknown reason simply think Open world is some sort of measure of game production. Something like TLOU2 is just as big of a production as say Watch Dogs 3 and so on.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 08:28:27 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #688 on: April 05, 2020, 08:48:39 PM »

https://twitter.com/Blun_Z/status/1246871890225963008

I played 60 something hours of this game and I still can't tell you the majority of what to do in battle.

Just mash, baby!  :smug
©@©™

bluemax

« Reply #689 on: April 05, 2020, 09:47:08 PM »
I just put it on autoplay.
NO

Svejk

« Reply #690 on: April 05, 2020, 10:40:43 PM »
Is there suppose to be a Day 1 patch or anything?  Just curious if these early release copies have them implemented or not, if applicable.

bluemax

« Reply #691 on: April 05, 2020, 11:11:03 PM »
Is there suppose to be a Day 1 patch or anything?  Just curious if these early release copies have them implemented or not, if applicable.

If there is the people playing right now don't have it.
NO

Himu

« Reply #692 on: April 06, 2020, 12:04:50 AM »
That said, i don't see the point of shitting on the game before even playing it, it's like you're looking forward to it being shit or something, or maybe it's just a coping mechanism.  :yeshrug

You know how Mike from Red Letter Media is about Star Wars and particularly Star Trek?

That's how I am with Final Fantasy. It is one of my life's biggest obsessions. I posted and moderated Square message boards for years. I have been in contact with people I've chatted with about FF for over 20 years. I have played 1-13 multiple times over. I am a walking FF encyclopedia. I think, as nerds, we all have a "thing". FF is my Thing. I actually have no real expectations and it makes me furious that I don't.

With other things that are past their prime (Simpsons, Metallica;etc) I'm able to let it go and just enjoy the good seasons or good albums. With Final Fantasy I. Can't. Let. It. Go. It's my favorite thing and I will always - even against conventional wisdom - wish it to be its best. Yes, modern SE gives no reason to give confidence in them but that alone infuriates me. With FF I becomr full on idealist. It deserves the best  and settling is beneath it. Here we are remaking Final. Fantasy. VII. and the best we can do is hope for the best. It's baffling to me. My mind is still in 2001 when Square was the top video game company and despite the fact they are no longer that Squaresoft I still, berudgingly, hold them to those same standards.

It makes me even more mad that someone like Rah can just be like "I'm excited derp" no matter what. Doesn't matter what they do you can bet he will jacking off to it. Same for Positive Touch. Fuck I'm jealous. Fuck I love Final Fantasy more than any other Thing and I can't help it but I won't let them get away with mediocrity EVER.

FFVII was my first RPG. I didn't have a memory card when I got my Playstation. I started a new game and played it every day for a month until I got a memory card. The memories I have attached to it, the friends I made irl and online, I have played FFVII more times than I can remember. The relationship I have with that game is vast. And they're remaking it? And I'm told to settle? Nah. Oh, we should expect to settle. But we should we? Nah. Fuck Nomura.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 03:07:00 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #693 on: April 06, 2020, 04:05:13 AM »
Edit-Not worth it.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #694 on: April 06, 2020, 04:10:37 AM »
Making AAA games involving hundreds of people, multiple companies, millions and millions of dollars, isn't all that straight forward.
I'm also a nerd loser calling thing that aren't amazing "shit" on the internet, don't get me wrong, but it's good to keep some perspective.
Things not coming out outstanding and amazing is supposed to be the norm, not the exception.

There's a wide gap between being a consoomer whore, and an entitled nerd tho.

Whether or not the game will be bad, you'll be able to tell after playing it, but it not being as great as 7 supposedly was when it came out, isn't some great failure on anyone's part, just the most likely outcome.

You're an artist, no? You know how hard it is to even create something simple, so i can't really get too pissy about this kind of shit, outside of when i'm joking about it on the internet.

Svejk

« Reply #695 on: April 06, 2020, 05:22:51 AM »
Besides, the great RPG of this gen already happened..  Witcher 3.   :D   It's a cycle....  Witcher 3 was the FF7 of this gen... and Cyberpunk 2077 will be the Xenogears...   :science

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #696 on: April 06, 2020, 06:02:02 AM »
Besides, the great RPG of this gen already happened..  Witcher 3.   :D   It's a cycle....  Witcher 3 was the FF7 of this gen... and Cyberpunk 2077 will be the Xenogears...   :science
Also what's the point of saying "This is freaking Final Fantasy!".
Square (and of course FF) hasn't been on the frontline of the cutting edge for decades, FFIX, X, maaaybe XII if you really stretch the definition, were the last time you could've argued the world looked up at them, in that sense.
Infact, you can make that argument for most Japanese devs.
If this is their "Resident Evil 7" of sorts, it doesn't have to be a complete homerun to be a good step in the right direction for a resurgence.

Svejk

« Reply #697 on: April 06, 2020, 06:13:25 AM »
Oh shit.  Forgot that the embargo just lifted.  Reviews look pretty solid so far.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #698 on: April 06, 2020, 06:24:34 AM »
I'm excited

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #699 on: April 06, 2020, 06:26:12 AM »

Think that C2077 will release before 2022 brehs :neogaf

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #700 on: April 06, 2020, 06:58:40 AM »

Think that C2077 will release before 2022 brehs :neogaf
You'll see the end of Cyberpunk's campaign before you'll see the end of FF7R's, i'll tell you that much.  ::)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #701 on: April 06, 2020, 07:02:19 AM »
Reviews seem like what I expected. I'd score it a 6.5 at this point which on Metacritic's skewed scoring system is probably like an 8.5.

It's basically in between a rental (6) and a buy (7) for me at the moment. If you're a big FF fan, just get it.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #702 on: April 06, 2020, 07:18:01 AM »
Is the demoa good sample of what the game is actually like? I'm not the biggest FF fan (only love 8 and 9), but i really enjoyed the demo.

Svejk

« Reply #703 on: April 06, 2020, 07:19:36 AM »
Personally, I'm more in it for the nostalgia.  I've only played a handful of FF titles, but there's no doubt that FF7 resonated with me the most.  Half of that nostalgia is for the music.  Listening to the OST right now while I work actually. 

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #704 on: April 06, 2020, 07:26:40 AM »
I’m on team haha nostalgia go brrr too  :mynicca
(ice)

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #705 on: April 06, 2020, 08:02:11 AM »
Same here. Even if the game is a slog there's that part of me that's mainly in it for seeing setpieces and areas reimagined.
:9

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #706 on: April 06, 2020, 09:17:25 AM »
NO YOU CAN'T JUST BE EXCITED FOR A REIMAGINING OF AN OLD GAME THAT FUNDAMENTALLY CHANGES THE CORE GAMEPLAY AND ALTERS THE STORYLINE

hahaha nostalgia go brrr
dog

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #707 on: April 06, 2020, 10:28:05 AM »
Is the demoa good sample of what the game is actually like? I'm not the biggest FF fan (only love 8 and 9), but i really enjoyed the demo.

It's mostly been like that. Game gets harder after it and they start throwing more materia at you.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #708 on: April 06, 2020, 11:21:05 AM »
Make sure you guys get the chocobo trap song. You can play it on the jukebox in Seventh Heaven and it makes any serious cutscene in that place amazing, since it keeps playing in the background.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #709 on: April 06, 2020, 12:27:42 PM »

:lol
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #710 on: April 06, 2020, 01:17:24 PM »
Man, watching the fans and the haters going at it when it's released everywhere is going to be the best thing about this game.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #711 on: April 06, 2020, 01:27:00 PM »
Man, watching the fans and the haters going at it when it's released everywhere is going to be the best thing about this game.

That feel when you just wanna nostalgia and don't care about the arguments. :win :rejoice
dog

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #712 on: April 06, 2020, 01:47:22 PM »
when you just wanna nostalgia

:ufup you got the wrong game for that

What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #713 on: April 06, 2020, 01:53:26 PM »
:trumps
dog

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #714 on: April 06, 2020, 01:54:18 PM »
i don't remember most of ff7 so whenever i play it, it'll be like a new game :yeshrug

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #715 on: April 06, 2020, 02:01:36 PM »

why? does ff7 have a new main character? seems pretty nostalgic to me.
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #716 on: April 06, 2020, 02:04:53 PM »
i didn't read the spoilers posted earlier ofc, but the reviews out today say there's stone pretty major deviations in the plot that'll have purists melting down
pcp

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #717 on: April 06, 2020, 02:08:12 PM »
i didn't read the spoilers posted earlier ofc, but the reviews out today say there's stone pretty major deviations in the plot that'll have purists melting down

Good thing I'm not a purist.
dog

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #718 on: April 06, 2020, 02:13:22 PM »

why? does ff7 have a new main character? seems pretty nostalgic to me.

As far as I can tell this deviates a lot from the original at certain important plot specific points.
What

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #719 on: April 06, 2020, 02:15:28 PM »
So now we wait another 5 years for the next game? I feared they'd do this part as just Midgar. How are you going to deal with marketing the next chapter? That seems a mess. Midgar is all sexy, and you follow that up with...Nibelheim? Yeah....
que