Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remake |OT| The Unknown Journey Will Continue  (Read 138183 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake
« Reply #1200 on: April 14, 2020, 11:40:52 PM »
God of War II was awesome. So many characters from Greek lore. So many awesome scenes. Dat plot. And you could just square square triangle square your way through. :aah

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1201 on: April 14, 2020, 11:43:40 PM »
remember when you smashed that guys head into mush with a door because he wouldn't give you a key

:bow cinematic storytelling
pcp

benjipwns

« Reply #1202 on: April 14, 2020, 11:46:33 PM »
Younger Cory Barlog :rejoice

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
« Reply #1203 on: April 14, 2020, 11:47:45 PM »
The battle system that was the same in the demo. That you said was garbage. That you spent years saying was a huge mistake and people were idiots and had low standards for being ok with.
You seem be holding a lot of negative energy and care what other people like, you shouldn't. Just enjoy what you enjoy and move on from things you don't. If I went in every god of war thread I could find picking fights with people who like those pieces of shit I would have died froma  stress induced brain hemorrhage, be more zen  :pimp

I should hire someone to read this to me five thousand times a day. I don't argue online much anymore but I still rage in my head and it's so exhausting, especially since the list of topics I get worked up about has only ever expanded
QED

Himu

« Reply #1204 on: April 15, 2020, 12:52:09 AM »
Idk what to say. They advertised it as being action based for years. Turns out it's far more traditional than they let on. This crab boss was incredible. After FFXV, whose battle system I detested, I had all the reason in the world to be skeptical.  I didn't understand how it all worked during the demo, jumped the gun, and acted like an asshole because change is scary. Turns out, with an open mind, I love it. You live, you learn.

I haven't liked a Final Fantasy since XII which came out in 2006.

I think I've said this before and it should be pretty obvious because of the passion that comes from my posts but FF is my all time gaming franchise. Imagine saying that and not liking it for a decade and a half. What reason should I have after XIII,  Compilation of VII, OG XIV, and XV? Even XII, a game I love, is like half a game. After a certain point the story is utterly absent. So yeah I'm not going to be positive. I had zero reason to be. But at the same time, again, FF is my all time favorite gaming franchise. I have typed more words and spilled more ink over FF than any other gaming series. So when they release a competent remake of my first RPG my arms are stretched out wide waiting for my beautiful prodigal son to return to me. And it finally has. So the bottled up fantard has been unleashed after a decade of captivity.

It is what it is.

You have no idea how emotional VII makes me or why I'm instantly willing to forgive and forget.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1205 on: April 15, 2020, 01:11:12 AM »
This boss fight was incredible. It's everything I wanted in an FFVII remake. Menu combat, excellent risk/reward, an upgraded ATB battle system, better resource management and difficulty than the original where you can often just get away using attack. The arranged battle music, the summon animation, the player character animations...it's all so cool. It oozes FF cool that the series hasn't had in ages.

I utterly sucked in this boss fight but I wanted to share it just because of how amazing it was. Bah gawd Air Buster is going to be a total full course meal.

IYKYK

bluemax

« Reply #1206 on: April 15, 2020, 01:30:25 AM »
I feel like I always run out mp like 2/3s of the way through a boss fight. I should probably not use the level 2 magic or something.
NO

Himu

« Reply #1207 on: April 15, 2020, 01:36:04 AM »
I feel like I always run out mp like 2/3s of the way through a boss fight. I should probably not use the level 2 magic or something.

It's great. Really gets you thinking and it can be so fast paced you forget. Then you couple with ethers being limited in stock.

Between magic consumption and ATB gauges the game is great with resource management.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1208 on: April 15, 2020, 01:47:53 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 01:22:43 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Himu

« Reply #1209 on: April 15, 2020, 01:51:23 AM »
I'm glad that the game is using these robed wights early on. I hear the ending is different than the original and is causing debate. The wights give a clear sign that this isn't the same story as the original and are doing a good job preparing you for the eventual change. Since I have learned my lesson in being a closed minded doo doo pants, I will have an open-mind to it. :)
IYKYK

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1210 on: April 15, 2020, 01:52:07 AM »
Its funny reading the first posts in this thread. Man you guys look dumb now.

FF7 Remake #BLESSUP
fat

Himu

« Reply #1211 on: April 15, 2020, 01:54:56 AM »
Its funny reading the first posts in this thread. Man you guys look dumb now.

FF7 Remake #BLESSUP

Bless up!

Here's to being wrong and to having a more open-mind to things!

IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1212 on: April 15, 2020, 01:56:40 AM »
edited
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 12:51:59 PM by Rahxephon91 »

benjipwns

« Reply #1213 on: April 15, 2020, 02:02:59 AM »
Rahx, just enjoy being right man.

If there wasn't a Cindi cycle like this, she wouldn't be our Cindi anymore.

Himu

« Reply #1214 on: April 15, 2020, 02:15:09 AM »
He's still going on about this?

Honestly, Exodust's opinions are what made me give the game another look. He played the game late but we have similar opinions on FFVII and its universe. Dude flat out said it was good, well made, and the most true to form vision of FFVII since the original. I had to try it after that.

Also I'm earnestly trying to not be a miserable cynic anymore. This release coincidentally came out just right when I started to fall in love with games again too.

It is what it is. Deal with it.

There's certainly a lesson here in not letting negative emotions drive you entirely to the point where you don't give them a proper chance, and openly expressing those negative views publicly. I should definitely take a more reserved stance, but I tend to be all in or nothing. I'm a special fellow. I'm earnestly trying to work on it. It is a big character flaw. I didn't realize you were this invested in me hating it. :lol

edit: I should express my opinions far less often. It gets me in trouble! :lol
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 02:25:24 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

benjipwns

« Reply #1215 on: April 15, 2020, 02:34:13 AM »
That's not how you're supposed to use the internet, Cindi. IMMEDIATE AND FIRST OPINION NOW. :rage

Himu

« Reply #1216 on: April 15, 2020, 02:40:58 AM »
I just never thought my attempt to try to be less of negative nancy would be seen as such a bad thing. It's not even just FFVII, but in general when I realized negative thoughts make me unhappy a few  weeks ago. I'm really trying. I guess it makes sense because of how vocal I am about things and how it can be annoying. I have a tendency to be tunnel visioned and it's hard to break out of a negative mindset.
IYKYK

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1217 on: April 15, 2020, 02:55:24 AM »
Rahx, for your own sake let go of other people's opinions, I think the game is crap and I had reasonable expectations going in, but I'm not fighting with people over it. If someone annoys you for years you gotta just push the whopper digital murder button and move on

benjipwns

« Reply #1218 on: April 15, 2020, 02:57:13 AM »
Here let me bring us all together with an non-controversial statement: Super Mario RPG is better than Final Fantasy VII.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #1219 on: April 15, 2020, 03:03:08 AM »
I never finished SMRPG, as a kid I mained Phantasy Star  :rejoice

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #1220 on: April 15, 2020, 07:18:28 AM »
at the start of chapter 15.... I don't want this shit to end, it's just been awesome, the side quest chapters got a bit long especially chapter 14.

Although protip if you want to farm levels

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The sewer boss kids are worth a lot of EXP each, if you kill those, then get killed and start over you can easily get to level 40 from that after 40 they're still worth a lot just I got bored so decided to kill the boss.
[close]

I can't wait for hard mode play through. But gotta assess everything as well plus darts, dance and bike trophies I missed so need to do those quick too.

None of them will compare to the horror that is pull up challenge. My fiance was on the phone to her mum when I beat it and I screamed fuck yeahhh, needless to say in the dog house for that.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1222 on: April 15, 2020, 08:32:25 AM »

Svejk

« Reply #1223 on: April 15, 2020, 09:15:40 AM »
Why is the OST of this not dropping till May 27th?  :larry

Tasty

« Reply #1224 on: April 15, 2020, 09:22:52 AM »
Why is the OST of this not dropping till May 27th?  :larry

I need Hollow :rage

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1225 on: April 15, 2020, 09:24:37 AM »
dog

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1226 on: April 15, 2020, 09:46:39 AM »
This game :lawd
(ice)

Himu

« Reply #1227 on: April 15, 2020, 10:59:51 AM »
Yooo, there’s a couple JetSetRadio ass samples in one of the battle themes in this game!

???
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1228 on: April 15, 2020, 11:19:59 AM »
But when I argue that the weirdos argue that "IT'S TOO BIG AND EXPENSIVE!!! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!"
God you're such a bitch Himour. People who don't agree with you aren't weirdos. And for someone who still hasn't played the game you sure talk a lot of shit.

Now as someone who has played it. No, it would have been impossible to and way to expensive to remake the whole of FFVII with the quality and production values this game has. From the amount of animation, world detail, and general storytelling they've put into this part. It would take years and lots of money. That's not being weird, thats being realistic to how games are made.
These games aren't PS1 games where cutscenes are little still images with characters talking though chat bubbles and the like. No, now they  are fully animated scenes with plenty of unique animation. I don't even understand why this is hard to get from someone like you.

RDR has an amazing open world but still tells a linear story. It's animated beautifully beyond most other games, and it probably took R* millions of dollars and maybe I dunno 6/7 years of development?

Yes its expensive, but making exceptional games is probably an expensive business to be in if you want to try to push your game forward.

Im not saying this game is bad because I havent played it, but the Midgar part neednt be 30 hours long, they could have gone a bit further with it, having the opening of Midgar be around 10/12 hours.

Either SE has no idea where they want to go with this (how many parts, open world or not etc) or they just want to milk the fuck out of this and in 15 years we'll have FF7-Part 7 while they make them narrow, linear story focussed games.
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1229 on: April 15, 2020, 11:25:23 AM »
You haven't played it, not sure why you are still here hehe XD
fat

Himu

« Reply #1230 on: April 15, 2020, 11:34:17 AM »
If all the parts are this good I'm all in.
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1231 on: April 15, 2020, 11:51:49 AM »
You haven't played it, not sure why you are still here hehe XD

Well im planning to pick it up on pc and Im not bothered with spoilers. Im here discussing the game tho
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1232 on: April 15, 2020, 11:52:35 AM »
if they're this good i would buy all seven. and hopefully post more in 50 page threads where you can screech about games you aren't going to play.

Huh? Im planning to play this on pc. Loved ff7 as a kiddo with my ps1..
What

Svejk

« Reply #1233 on: April 15, 2020, 12:04:47 PM »
Did Sony have a hand in this game other than money hatting the timed exclusivity?  Because if they pull the same thing and have the next installment to be on PS Fif first, I'll be down on it faster than kids shorts at Michael Jackson's house.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Himu

« Reply #1234 on: April 15, 2020, 12:17:17 PM »
The dungeon design isn't the best but it's really fun. The sector 4 plate especially. Resources are so important in this and what starts out as a linear thing turns into a more exploratory fare.  Reminds me of charging the sun crystal at the beginning of FFXII at Giza Plains. Getting that materia was a blast. This game is everything I've wanted from an FFVII remake.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1235 on: April 15, 2020, 12:19:38 PM »
edited.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 12:51:14 PM by Rahxephon91 »

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #1236 on: April 15, 2020, 12:22:14 PM »
TF are you two talking about?

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1237 on: April 15, 2020, 12:35:23 PM »
How Rahx sees himself

How everyone sees Rahx

:9

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1238 on: April 15, 2020, 12:47:02 PM »
Well fuck you too.

I'm tired of you people calling me an idiot.

I don't really see how what I said is wrong or stupid. People want to accuse SE of being lazy or milking FFVII based on what? The fact that a game from 1997 exists.

Ok well that same game from 1997 has a custcenes that are static, take place on a 2d background, has dialogue bubbles, midi sound, and have barley animated chibi models.

Compared to the game in 2020 that has complete 3d environments, cinematic camera movements, voiced audio, full unique animation, several character models that each have probably more polygons and texture work then the entire PS1 game, fully orchestrated sound with no compression and so on.

And you expect them to remake the entire 97 game with that 2020 fidelity? And when they opt to remake that whole game, but because of time and money think it's better to do it in parts to give the project that effort you think it's milking?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1239 on: April 15, 2020, 12:56:09 PM »
Who is accusing SE of being lazy and milking FF7?

Seriously who are you talking to?
fat

Himu

« Reply #1240 on: April 15, 2020, 12:58:26 PM »
This game really gives you lots of toys to play with. So much materia and potential builds. Getting elemental so early is a game changer. Shame the only character so far with linked equipment is Tifa.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1241 on: April 15, 2020, 01:01:59 PM »
Who is accusing SE of being lazy and milking FF7?

Seriously who are you talking to?
Either SE has no idea where they want to go with this (how many parts, open world or not etc) or they just want to milk the fuck out of this and in 15 years we'll have FF7-Part 7 while they make them narrow, linear story focussed games.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1242 on: April 15, 2020, 01:04:24 PM »
Mmarsu? That dweeb hasnt even played the fucking game man, who cares what he thinks lmao
fat

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1243 on: April 15, 2020, 01:05:45 PM »
Is there a way to delete profiles and posts on this forum?

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1244 on: April 15, 2020, 01:06:29 PM »
Yeah click the log out button
fat

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1245 on: April 15, 2020, 01:09:44 PM »
This game really gives you lots of toys to play with. So much materia and potential builds. Getting elemental so early is a game changer. Shame the only character so far with linked equipment is Tifa.

Seemingly by design. Linking lightning materia to her gloves helps a bit. This is expanded on somewhat in clever ways I don't want to spoil for you.

Himu

« Reply #1246 on: April 15, 2020, 01:11:35 PM »

Seemingly by design. Linking lightning materia to her gloves helps a bit. This is expanded on somewhat in clever ways I don't want to spoil for you.

Yeah it's clearly designed that she uses elemental in her physical attacks. Makes sense as she's a monk.

This also means you have to have multiple materia. I just bought an ice materia specifically for Tifa so she can take care of weaknesses since Cloud has the other one. This game does a great job of forcing you and wanting you to take full advantage of all available options. Great game.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1247 on: April 15, 2020, 01:14:47 PM »
Yeah click the log out button
No something more permeant. I want all my posts deleted and my profile deleted off here.

Himu

« Reply #1248 on: April 15, 2020, 01:16:56 PM »
What is happening with Rah :mindblown
IYKYK

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1249 on: April 15, 2020, 01:18:08 PM »
demi called it pages back. This game is too powerful for the bore

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1250 on: April 15, 2020, 01:21:52 PM »
:rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1251 on: April 15, 2020, 01:25:57 PM »
LOL, Rahx is trying to go back and edit out all his old posts.  :lol
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1252 on: April 15, 2020, 01:27:37 PM »

:yeshrug

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1253 on: April 15, 2020, 01:28:25 PM »
He's on a forum break now.  Back to FFVII discussion.
ど助平

« Reply #1254 on: April 15, 2020, 01:30:45 PM »
Poor guy needs to take a break from the internet right now. The world is pretty shitty at the moment and it's having an impact on lots of people.

Got my copy last night, gonna start it later today. Way more excited than I thought I would be.
野球

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #1255 on: April 15, 2020, 01:47:44 PM »
The FF7 remake content I was waiting for!   :lol

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1256 on: April 15, 2020, 02:38:50 PM »
some of you niccas are crazy

anyway, any porn made with these new ff7 models yet?

Himu

« Reply #1257 on: April 15, 2020, 02:45:01 PM »
some of you niccas are crazy

anyway, any porn made with these new ff7 models yet?

if so please post in hentai thread.

I want to see Aerith's hairy muff and Barret's BBC.
IYKYK

BlueTsunami

• The Muffin Man
« Reply #1258 on: April 15, 2020, 03:13:26 PM »
Barrets height is hilarious. Look at how Cloud towers over normal townspeople and then look at how Barret towers over Cloud.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... its a girthy 14" at the minimum

Himu

« Reply #1259 on: April 15, 2020, 03:19:57 PM »
Barrets height is hilarious. Look at how Cloud towers over normal townspeople and then look at how Barret towers over Cloud.

I guess what I'm trying to say is... its a girthy 14" at the minimum

Cloud is 5'8 though.
IYKYK