Author Topic: Resident Evil 3 Remake - Jill will return to your screens to tell his story.  (Read 25914 times)

kingv

Re: Resident Evil 3 Remake - Jill will return to your screens to tell his story.
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2019, 10:41:20 AM »
I wonder what could have happened for her to be fired so shortly after being given a big E3 presence.

I’m sure it helped her job hunting.

Tasty

Re: Resident Evil 3 Remake - Jill will return to your screens to tell his story.
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2019, 10:43:35 AM »
I wonder what could have happened for her to be fired so shortly after being given a big E3 presence.

I’m sure it helped her job hunting.

I could see a situation where she might have had a foot in the door the whole time, and the E3 demo was designed to basically be a big resume boost before leaving.

paprikastaude

« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2019, 11:51:49 AM »

:hyper

Tasty

« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2019, 12:07:01 PM »
That's extremely cool.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
New Trailer.

Himu

Wtf was that a Bandersnatch from Code Veronica?
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
That Hunter. :whew

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
:bow Capcom in the year of our lord 2020 :bow2
yar

Himu

i'm shocked this is out so fast. damn.

And oh right, those are Hunters. Derp.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Wtf was that a Bandersnatch from Code Veronica?

Nemesis, Hunter-Gamma (IIRC those are the ones in Bio3 originally, though this one is green and less blue-green), Zombies. No Bandersnatches. Which would make sense since while Umbrella is testing them/making them at Rockfort, the G-virus/T-virus was focused on at Raccoon.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
:bow Capcom in the year of our lord 2020 :bow2
  :preach

The RE Engine is so impressive. RE7, RE2 DMC5 and this all look fantastic and hit 60 FPS. MHW is still using MT Framework and it looks great too.

I can't wait to see what they do next gen.

Tuckers Law

Deep Down, baybee!

:aah

Svejk

Muhfuggin Dragon's Dogma 2, sonz.

RE3 is falling in Cyberpunk, and now FFVIIR month.   :noah

Svejk

It's confirmed that Nemesis will be able to enter break rooms.   :doge

Pennywise

And spiders are finally back  :ohyeah

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Deep Down, baybee!

:aah

Have they EVER said anything about this game after the initial trailer?

Human Snorenado

• Icon
yar

Pennywise

Have they EVER said anything about this game after the initial trailer?
Yes. There were 2-3 trailers after the initial one. TGS 2013 and TGS 2014. They've shown plenty of stuff.

There were plenty of reports that the engine caused massive problems and the game was in development hell and they supposedly focused on other things.
I doubt they're gonna finish that IP unless they're really convinced by the quality of the game.
Not when they've got IPs like Resi, Monster Hunter and other fan favorites that can get the RE engine treatment.  :whew

Svejk

Aw shit!  A demo is suppose to drop this week on PSN!   :tauntaun
The 19th, tbms

Edit: oh, and an open beta for REsistance on the 27th.

Svejk

I need to see what all available outfits Jill will have.  That alone will make or break it whether I want to pull the trigger on this for launch and/or what version.  (Standard, Deluxe, etc.)  Yeah, it's that important.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Human Snorenado

• Icon
I need to see what all available outfits Jill will have.  That alone will make or break it whether I want to pull the trigger on this for launch and/or what version.  (Standard, Deluxe, etc.)  Yeah, it's that important.

If you preorder at all you get classic Jill RE3 outfit
yar

Svejk

Please tell me there'll be more than just 2 outfits... I can't find anything else confirmed. 

Human Snorenado

• Icon
Please tell me there'll be more than just 2 outfits... I can't find anything else confirmed.

I mean there were really only like... 3ish outfits for each character in RE2 remake, right? Besides, modders will do whatever you want on pc.

Wait, are you getting this on a dirtperson console??? F.
yar

Svejk

Yeah, most likely PS4.  Otherwise, yeah, Claire had 5 total oufit variations.  Jill deserves allot more than this.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

Get it on Steam and tons of outfits will end up being available- you have a capable PC.  NO MORE EXCUSES.
:ufup
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Probably mostly-nude ones  :awesome
[close]
ど助平

Svejk

Get it on Steam and tons of outfits will end up being available- you have a capable PC.  NO MORE EXCUSES.
[close]
It would require so much rearranging stuff to game comfortably... i dunno...

Svejk

Physical PS4 version at $50 on Amazon currently...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082LKJ33D/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_bMoCEb2M3TDV8

GMG still has a good deal too... Ugh...  Damn you, convenience clashing!

thisismyusername

[close]
(Image removed from quote.)

Use Steam Link?

Svejk

[close]

Use Steam Link?
I really regret not getting one of those when they were only $5.  :(

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
If i buy it from CDKeys, will i get the extra costume? I bought the regular version of RE2, an i regretted not having the extra costumes, since many mods were based on them.  :'(

thisismyusername

[close]

Use Steam Link?
I really regret not getting one of those when they were only $5.  :(

:confused

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.valvesoftware.steamlink&hl=en_US

thisismyusername

Demo's supposed to be out today. The one thing I hate about moving to PC is that the update is around 10AM Seattle time. Generally PSN, XBL are up around 5PM/5AM then. So it's a wash. Hopefully the demo's download size isn't huge with Resistance yet so I don't have to wait for a shitty tacked on mode for the main-event.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I got a Steamlink when they were dumping them for $1- never opened it.  This reminds me that I have no idea where it is. 
:dizzy
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Svejk

I got a Steamlink when they were dumping them for $1- never opened it.  This reminds me that I have no idea where it is. 
:dizzy
I'll buy it off ya when you find it.   ;) ;) ;)

Svejk

Y'all holler when y'all try it.  Won't get a chance till tomorrow night.  :-\

thisismyusername

up now
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1173690/Resident_Evil_3_Raccoon_City_Demo/

No Project Resistance beta though. :/ Supposedly next week for PC according to Capcom?

thisismyusername

-Dodging is a little funky. You can dodge way before Neme-baby attacks and fail a "perfect dodge" because his wind-up (like his overhead) takes a while.
-Besides that, once you get into the "groove" (and it'll take a while) Perfect Dodges seem a lot easier to do than the original
-I dunno if I'm aiming wrong or what, but Nemesis' critical point is hard to hit, especially with his souped up speed. I can try to do the Bio2/REbirth 2 "wait for the critical-zoom then fire" and that doesn't do shit. It seems Nemesis is anathema to that tactic
-Raccoon City is more fleshed out, and I'm glad.
-There's Outbreak references around, which is pretty good
-The redone Raccoon City map, however seems to not have a few landmarks from the original
-So cut content x 2
-Purist in me: Triggered
-Someone that would recommend the entry to others new to the series? More than likely, yeah. It's good but I wish Capcom would get Mikami and the original's remake folks back to do the classic formula remake treatment to 2-3 that should've been done 15 years ago.

-The Mr. Charlie challenge is fucking stupid since there's like 2-3 that require a certain trigger and nobody knows currently. I did 50 fucking perfect dodges for one of them, and it still didn't trigger. WTF? I hope the final games version of that isn't as stupid.

thisismyusername

Finally got all 20 of the dolls for my 100 Ambassador points. Good fucking god people not knowing what triggers what. :doge

Apparently it's:

-Have Nemesis take a knee 3 times (for the cop-car near the toy store)
-Perfect Dodge (with an attack follow-up? Not sure, that was the only way I got it to spawn) 20-25 times for the cop-car behind the Donut Shop (opposite of Nemesis' initial spawn)
-Clear all items/files from the map (thereby the entire map is blue), MAYBE go back to talk to Mikhail about Carlos. But the map being blue is the key otherwise.

Every other one will spawn just fine.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 12:09:52 AM by thisismyusername »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
What does doing all that unlock?

thisismyusername

What does doing all that unlock?

Just points for their insider program: Getting invited to beta-tests, developer feedback meetings, etc.

Not necessarily worth the hassle, but I mean... (once people figure out all the triggers, especially this last one) it's like 10-15 mins of "work" to do and if you have a RE.net social-stats-page thing account, you basically just register for the ambassador program and get the points easy.

Demo, if you rush (and know what you're doing) can be finished in like 15 mins. My first playthrough was like 30-40 mins because I basically just wandered around finding items.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
39 min my first run, 13 my second (wasnt even trying to speedrun or anything).

ASnyway, the game is fun, i like many of the new moves and Jill just feels snappier to control, even just walking around... but i also have some issues with it:

1 - Witch Time riposte is dumb, just give me the dodge, that's plenty of an advantage over RE2remake.
2 - Dismemberment, one of the best aspects of the previous one, is almost completely absent (i unloaded 3 magazines in a Z's leg and it didn't break, same with the shotgun).
3 - The saturation of the colors is a bit too high making it look less  moody.

Point 2 especially makes me feel kind of conflicted about pre-ordering now, as that was a major selling point for me, when it came to the remake's gameplay, now zombies just feel like regular bullet sponges, and shooting one area or the other, doesn't really matter much, and you might as well just Bayonetta your way through.

Also really bad way to introduce the Nemesis, even if it's just a demo, sell the guy a bit more, lol.
His mobility is scary tho, i'll give them that.
I also loved the more open/bigger city streets, i like exploring the corner shops and locales like that.

paprikastaude

Saveroom music is back and a little more bg sound, so one of my only complaints with 2 was fixed. Amazing game so far, already all in for the level design :lawd Not sure about the dogde. I didn't even activate that witch time yet, because overall it's a little unintuitive to have it on R1.

thisismyusername

OH MY GOD, CAPCOM PLZ. PLZ CAPCOM. :stahp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Can't wait until Friday! Stores should have it hopefully?
fat

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Bebpo

So I saw the reviews, and I've played all the RE games at their release outside 6 which I still haven't touched.

I remember almost nothing about RE3. It was fun back in the day but I didn't find it particularly memorable. Just felt like an RE2 expansion of Jill's PoV with more action.
So the cut content shouldn't bother me since I'm not expecting the areas. Only concern I'm seeing is comments that RE3R is very linear, and exploring out places like the police station in RE2 is one of my favorite parts, so I guess I'll see.

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
all the reviews are making RE3 remake sound like... a remake of RE3.
pcp

paprikastaude

I don't know why they had to bring this out already. Even most lower reviews still recommend the game for its gameplay, but mostly cry about missing setpieces from the OG and too little Nemesis. I.e. this could've actually made RE3 one of the top entries if it had an extra year of development. RE2 and MHW still selling, they didn't even need this to please investors.

thisismyusername

It being rushed right after 2 (which was also rushed, let's be honest: Cut areas, enemies, etc.) is a huge disappointment as someone that prefers the original 3 over 2.

I still pre-ordered (Gotta have the classic Jill and Carlos outfits even though NuCarlos has kind of grown on me with the demo... that fucking hair though...) so Capcom has my money. But I'm expecting to be hugely disappointed with the amount of cut-content as a purist (and already disappointed as a "why couldn't they just remake 2-3 in the style of 1's?").

The lack of Mercenaries is the biggest sting, though. Who gives a shit about their shitty Dead by Daylight Clone? Nobody is gonna be playing that shit in a week. What a fucking waste of time by Capcom.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
all the reviews are making RE3 remake sound like... a remake of RE3.

So just like the original RE3 coming off of RE2, got it.
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
They'll probably do some Mercenaries DLC or something. Anyway it was pretty obvious they positioned this game in a way to get their new studio up and running as well as continuing on the success of Resident Evil 2 before the next gen onslaught.
It is basically more Resident Evil 2 Remake with some changes. We've gotten way too few good over the shoulder third person action games this generation so I'll take what I can get.

Not as good as Resident Evil 2, well that was pretty much one of if not the best game last year so that's a tall order to surpass.
🤴

Svejk

Ready for them Jill mods.  :phil

Rahxephon91

As long as the shooting and level design is good I’m good.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Just placed my order to support Capcom during these difficult times  :salute
🤴