Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1073506 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Please scream inside your heart
« Reply #13620 on: March 03, 2021, 03:55:02 PM »
it was almost as bad as gamer gate and cyber punk  :stahp

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #13621 on: March 03, 2021, 04:06:52 PM »
The cupboards above my fridge are still stocked with everything I bought last February. Pasta, canned soups, canned veggies, gatorade etc

Safety first
:O

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #13622 on: March 03, 2021, 04:21:21 PM »
Remember when Wal-Mart had the police guarding the toilet paper aisle to prevent people from buying more than two packs?  :corona_mj
Nah, I live in a civilised country where we just let a few bogans fight it out in the aisles and said, "nah, fuck that, that's pretty fucked up, 'ay", then we went back to living normal lives and abiding by purchase limits.
Spud

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #13623 on: March 03, 2021, 04:23:58 PM »
Remember when Wal-Mart had the police guarding the toilet paper aisle to prevent people from buying more than two packs?  :corona_mj
Nah, I live in a civilised country

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #13624 on: March 03, 2021, 04:28:43 PM »
Nah, I live in a civilised country

(Image removed from quote.)

This is America

There are 1275 animals that could kill you in this picture
Spud

chronovore

• relapsed dev

chronovore

• relapsed dev

« Reply #13627 on: March 04, 2021, 02:34:48 PM »
I'm going to fucking snap at the next healthy young person on my Facebook feed who humble brags about the getting the vaccine. I've had to mute too many people lately. I should probably just stay off Facebook for the next couple months.
野球

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13628 on: March 04, 2021, 03:31:51 PM »
They should be getting it too.
©@©™

« Reply #13629 on: March 04, 2021, 03:45:14 PM »
They should be getting it too.

My state currently has me near the back of the line, so I'm frustrated. I normally handle it well but then I see people (who are not healthcare workers or other essential positions) going on about how they're excited to go on vacation, with zero perspective or empathy for people with health issues that are not yet eligible. I don't give a shit about going to a bar or movie theater or getting on a plane, I'd just like to not catch Covid and see how it interacts with my existing health issues. If you're fortunate enough to get it, good for you, but take a fucking step back and think before you post.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 03:52:11 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #13630 on: March 04, 2021, 08:26:43 PM »
Take up smoking, it apparently counts as a high risk medical condition in some states lol.

« Reply #13631 on: March 04, 2021, 10:14:28 PM »
Take up smoking, it apparently counts as a high risk medical condition in some states lol.

It does here in WA, too. It would still put you in the same category that I’m already in. Smoker and a dude with a mechanical heart valve on blood thinners will get it at the same time.
野球

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #13632 on: March 05, 2021, 12:46:51 AM »
I was able to get the pfizer shot at Cal State L.A. today. Arm's still sore, but other than that, no side effects. Heard you feel like you have the flu the day after so I'm sort of dreading sleep tonight, lol.

I go back to get the 2nd shot on the 25th. It's been almost a year since the lockdowns happened in California, feels weird that I can at least have some normalcy.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #13633 on: March 05, 2021, 02:04:58 AM »
I was able to get the pfizer shot at Cal State L.A. today. Arm's still sore, but other than that, no side effects. Heard you feel like you have the flu the day after so I'm sort of dreading sleep tonight, lol.

It's very variable. On the plus side, the shittier you feel the more likely it is that it worked.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #13634 on: March 05, 2021, 07:15:52 PM »
covid (probably) killed deebo in december... wtf
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #13635 on: March 07, 2021, 01:10:08 PM »
For Ontario

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #13636 on: March 07, 2021, 01:22:13 PM »

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #13637 on: March 07, 2021, 10:32:59 PM »
My father just died 3 days ago from covid. I'll never forgive those who didn't take this seriously.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #13638 on: March 08, 2021, 12:26:28 AM »
I am so sorry for your loss and I hear your anger. Please take care of yourself as you can.
rub

james

« Reply #13639 on: March 08, 2021, 12:51:34 AM »
Im sorry stufte I hope you manage your grief well

G The Resurrected

« Reply #13640 on: March 08, 2021, 01:22:43 AM »
Stufte I’m so sorry for your loss. I know your anger and where it’s coming from. I wish there was more I could say or do. We’ve all had this weight and burden put on us. And these fucking numbskulls walking the earth like their gods gift to man who don’t have to answer for their sins will get theirs one day. The deniers, the liars, the folks who didn’t head nor care for others, those selfish pos’s have made a controllable situation into the worst event of our lives. Let’s make sure they don’t forget that.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #13641 on: March 08, 2021, 03:48:09 AM »
My father just died 3 days ago from covid. I'll never forgive those who didn't take this seriously.
That's awful mate. My condolences.
Spud

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #13642 on: March 08, 2021, 09:32:47 AM »
Really sorry to hear that, stufte.
^_^

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #13643 on: March 08, 2021, 12:11:37 PM »
I'm sorry man.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #13644 on: March 09, 2021, 12:26:21 AM »
I’m sorry for your loss, stufte. That’s heartrending.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #13645 on: March 09, 2021, 12:00:28 PM »
I'm so sorry, stufte.
每天生气

Himu

« Reply #13646 on: March 09, 2021, 01:24:48 PM »

wishing you and your family all the love bb!!
IYKYK

« Reply #13647 on: March 09, 2021, 03:14:26 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about your father passing. I hope you and the rest of your family is able to be there for each other in one form or another.

Washington state announced I'll be eligible on April 26th, meanwhile if I lived in Louisiana I could sign up today. This shit is infuriating.
野球

Tuckers Law

« Reply #13648 on: March 09, 2021, 04:36:31 PM »
I’m sorry Stufte.  Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to support you.

Bebpo

« Reply #13649 on: March 09, 2021, 11:45:59 PM »
So sorry for you Stufte, it probably don't mean much but you got us.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #13650 on: March 10, 2021, 09:48:04 AM »

Ahh shit man that fucking sucks to hear :( im sorry for your loss man
What

Bebpo

« Reply #13651 on: March 10, 2021, 09:19:41 PM »
After being left by the wayside by my doctor/hospital on the CA group w/health risks starting, I've been advised to just call every pharmacy a bit before closing to see if they have a waitlist for people who cancelled vaccine appointments and ones they have to use.

Just started calling around and ughhh, feel so much anxiety bothering all these pharmacists when I'm sure they're getting non-stop calls from people asking the same.

Also spending a lot of time on hold each call because of that, been doing this for 20 mins and got 2 down that both haven't even started getting vaccines for anyone. This is gonna be a long road, but hopefully it gets easier making these calls and one pays off.

Bebpo

« Reply #13652 on: March 10, 2021, 10:33:12 PM »
Oh, so I spent 90 mins and went through about ten places within a 40 mile radius.

I got on one long running waitlist at one pharmacy and one person at another was cool and said call daily and they didn't have any extra vaccines today but keep at it. Another person was confused and thought I was on an official group list and said you just missed it, we had one extra and we offered it to a customer about 20 minutes ago after trying our call list and no one answering, you should get on the call list. But then I asked how to get on the list and first you have to have an official appointment which you can't get unless you're one of the official groups who can get an appointment so yeah...

It's a start I guess. I've narrowed down to the brands of pharmacies and which ones are a daily call thing and which are likely to have long waitlists that I might as well get on as many as I can.

Gonna be a long ride I think, but at least it's something that's worth it if it ever becomes fruitful.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #13653 on: March 11, 2021, 09:44:26 AM »
How does it work in other states? Do you have to call to get an appointment or is there a web portal? NY has a portal and as long as there were appointments available, signing up was pretty straightforward: https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/
^_^

« Reply #13654 on: March 11, 2021, 10:31:30 AM »
I'm pretty concerned that my state is going to pull the same thing on me as California has done with Bebpo. "Oh, yeah, you have a heart condition with a mechanical valve and sure you're on blood thinners for life, but that's all one thing. You need a second health condition to be eligible at the end of April." My only avenue is going through Tribal health groups since I'm an enrolled member of the Ottawa Tribe of Oklahoma. I've already signed up for the Seattle Indian Health Board, but they're so slammed that they're not sure when they'll expand to American Indians/Alaskan Natives 16-49. At least I got my parents the vaccine through them. My mom is 64, so she wouldn't have been eligible here in Washington for who knows how long. They get their second dose tomorrow afternoon.

I'll be calling Indian Health Services in Central Washington this morning since they're apparently offering the vaccine now to all people eligible for IHS, and seeing how I'm enrolled in a tribe, I should qualify. Looks like my wife could get it with me. We might be driving 2 1/2 hours over the mountains for a vaccine.

Fingers crossed.
野球

G The Resurrected

« Reply #13655 on: March 11, 2021, 10:50:45 AM »
Bebop and Mr. Gundam I feel you both on how hard it is to get your shot. I’ve been spending some time with a local mutual aid group getting elderly folks signed up and waitlisted for the past few weeks and it’s been a nightmare. Those that have been offering transportation have been getting their shots since they are already at these vaccination sites. At this point in California you’re more likely to get your shot if you volunteer than if you actually have a justifiable health condition for getting your shot. It’s freaking mental!

« Reply #13656 on: March 11, 2021, 10:54:14 AM »
Bebop and Mr. Gundam I feel you both on how hard it is to get your shot. I’ve been spending some time with a local mutual aid group getting elderly folks signed up and waitlisted for the past few weeks and it’s been a nightmare. Those that have been offering transportation have been getting their shots since they are already at these vaccination sites. At this point in California you’re more likely to get your shot if you volunteer than if you actually have a justifiable health condition for getting your shot. It’s freaking mental!

What's super bang head into wall frustrating is how the elderly are struggling to get a spot, but then when the governor opened up vaccines to all educators, I have teacher friends who called and had a first dose appointment the next day. Like what the fuck is up with that.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 11:07:48 AM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

G The Resurrected

« Reply #13657 on: March 11, 2021, 11:01:44 AM »
Same here in Cali too with the teachers especially this last week. It’s been harder and harder for the elderly and at risk to get their shots compared to the educators and staff... STAFF are getting their shots more easily than those that need it. I’m talking about janitorial and school cooks, even freaking PE instructors... Meanwhile I’ve got a 89 year old lady who’s survived several bouts of cancer that still can’t get her shot so she can enjoy whatever is left of her life. It’s truly one of the most fucked up situations I’ve ever seen in my life. And no one, no one thought that this wasn’t a fucking issue?! This is one of those cases where technology is really leading to a disparity in our ability to help others here.

Oh and the kicker with some of these folks volunteering is that you only have to do it for 4 hours before you can get your shot. So what’s stopping people from abusing this system and taking up vaccine that is needed by others? NOTHING!

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13658 on: March 11, 2021, 11:08:29 AM »
they want the kids back in school so everything can get back to "normal"

« Reply #13659 on: March 11, 2021, 11:12:20 AM »
Same here in Cali too with the teachers especially this last week. It’s been harder and harder for the elderly and at risk to get their shots compared to the educators and staff... STAFF are getting their shots more easily than those that need it. I’m talking about janitorial and school cooks, even freaking PE instructors... Meanwhile I’ve got a 89 year old lady who’s survived several bouts of cancer that still can’t get her shot so she can enjoy whatever is left of her life. It’s truly one of the most fucked up situations I’ve ever seen in my life. And no one, no one thought that this wasn’t a fucking issue?! This is one of those cases where technology is really leading to a disparity in our ability to help others here.

Oh and the kicker with some of these folks volunteering is that you only have to do it for 4 hours before you can get your shot. So what’s stopping people from abusing this system and taking up vaccine that is needed by others? NOTHING!

All school staff should get it, especially the cooks and janitorial staff since they're in the building. It's just annoying how the system was circumvented and it seems much easier for school staff to get it instantaneously.
野球

« Reply #13660 on: March 11, 2021, 11:13:40 AM »
they want the kids back in school so everything can get back to "normal"

Yup. Most districts won't be going back here even with teachers vaccinated due to not being able to meet the other CDC requirements, and if we do go back, it's going to be hybrid with the kids only being in person two days a week. The other days the kids will be at home without any guided instruction. I'd rather my daughter just finish the school year on remote where she gets five days of guided face time instruction each week.
野球

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #13661 on: March 11, 2021, 11:16:25 AM »
You guys have a corona passport yet where you have to show if you have been vaccinated to get into festivals etc yet or nah
What

G The Resurrected

« Reply #13662 on: March 11, 2021, 11:18:27 AM »
I agree they do need it, it’s the timing and ease of access that’s frustrating. Even administrative staff are getting shots easier here. My personal thought is we should be aiming for a soft opening of schools at the end of April with a wider rollout in June for those that need to catch up over the summer. With schools going back to “normal” in the fall. We needed at least a few more weeks of focus on the elderly and at risk populations before opening it up to the teachers and staff.

« Reply #13663 on: March 11, 2021, 11:21:44 AM »
I agree they do need it, it’s the timing and ease of access that’s frustrating. Even administrative staff are getting shots easier here. My personal thought is we should be aiming for a soft opening of schools at the end of April with a wider rollout in June for those that need to catch up over the summer. With schools going back to “normal” in the fall. We needed at least a few more weeks of focus on the elderly and at risk populations before opening it up to the teachers and staff.

I'd rather we just finish out the school year on remote and have a damn good plan to go back full time in the Fall.
野球

G The Resurrected

« Reply #13664 on: March 11, 2021, 11:24:50 AM »
I'd rather we just finish out the school year on remote and have a damn good plan to go back full time in the Fall.

That’d be a lot better considering how disruptive a change moving back to in-person learning would be now vs later in the year. I still think summer school should happen this year for whatever it’s worth.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #13665 on: March 11, 2021, 11:27:57 AM »
You guys have a corona passport yet where you have to show if you have been vaccinated to get into festivals etc yet or nah

They give you a vaccination card with a QR code to prove you’ve completed your vaccination. It’s not the best system but it is something, it isn’t identifiable by name so anyone could match the vaccination id number with their name to get around it sadly.

« Reply #13666 on: March 11, 2021, 12:34:10 PM »

They give you a vaccination card with a QR code to prove you’ve completed your vaccination. It’s not the best system but it is something, it isn’t identifiable by name so anyone could match the vaccination id number with their name to get around it sadly.

Which is why they’re telling people to stop posting their vaccination card on social media.
野球

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #13667 on: March 11, 2021, 02:41:45 PM »
So 19% of Americans have received at least 1 shot, with 10% fully vaxxed. Appointments have been a bit easier to book in NYS, for the last 2 days there have been available sites in NYC and various locales upstate. Wonder what % of the population will choose to not vaxx...
^_^

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13668 on: March 11, 2021, 02:44:11 PM »
Oh dear Denmark has halted vaccinations with the AstraZenica vaccine because of side effects.
🤴

james

« Reply #13669 on: March 11, 2021, 03:13:32 PM »
Still havent been able to find an appointment for my dad (67)

T-Short

• hooker strangler
地平線

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #13671 on: March 11, 2021, 04:33:03 PM »
Biden's 8 years of preparedness has really shown off.

stufte: The good times.

Bebpo

« Reply #13672 on: March 11, 2021, 04:42:24 PM »

What state? I haven't looked into the official appointment systems, but everyone I know over 65 in CA keeps telling me it's like be online at 6am or something when the slots go up and try to grab one before it's gone kind of thing.

« Reply #13673 on: March 11, 2021, 04:48:49 PM »
I'm pretty concerned that my state is going to pull the same thing on me as California has done with Bebpo. "Oh, yeah, you have a heart condition with a mechanical valve and sure you're on blood thinners for life, but that's all one thing. You need a second health condition to be eligible at the end of April." My only avenue is going through Tribal health groups since I'm an enrolled member of the Ottawa Tribe of Oklahoma. I've already signed up for the Seattle Indian Health Board, but they're so slammed that they're not sure when they'll expand to American Indians/Alaskan Natives 16-49. At least I got my parents the vaccine through them. My mom is 64, so she wouldn't have been eligible here in Washington for who knows how long. They get their second dose tomorrow afternoon.

I'll be calling Indian Health Services in Central Washington this morning since they're apparently offering the vaccine now to all people eligible for IHS, and seeing how I'm enrolled in a tribe, I should qualify. Looks like my wife could get it with me. We might be driving 2 1/2 hours over the mountains for a vaccine.

Fingers crossed.

Struck out. I'm eligible due to being a member of a federally recognized tribe, but ineligible because I live outside the Yakima Valley. Signed up for some waitlists for leftover doses here in Seattle, but not feeling very hopeful. Back to the drawing board.

I guess we could drive to Miami, OK and get the vaccine at my tribe's health center.  :lol
野球

Himu

« Reply #13674 on: March 11, 2021, 04:51:39 PM »
How does it work in other states? Do you have to call to get an appointment or is there a web portal? NY has a portal and as long as there were appointments available, signing up was pretty straightforward: https://am-i-eligible.covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/

I got the vaccine by following Cuomo's twitter and he announced a site opening that's like a 12 minute walk from me, and I immediately signed up.

I hope California and other states get on the fucking ball.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #13675 on: March 11, 2021, 04:53:29 PM »
The fact Gundam and Bebpo have to go through this is infuriating to me.
IYKYK

« Reply #13676 on: March 11, 2021, 04:54:13 PM »

I got the vaccine by following Cuomo's twitter and he announced a site opening that's like a 12 minute walk from me, and I immediately signed up.

I hope California and other states get on the fucking ball.

My wife's cousin lives in Brooklyn and met their eligibility due to having high blood pressure and signed up. We text a lot and he felt bad telling me, but shit, it's not his fault.

I feel like WA (and likely it's the same in CA) has so many people who want the vaccine that they still haven't gotten through all the people in those earlier groups. My eligibility group was supposed to be the end of March, but is now the end of April. Seems like the southern states moved on to further phases and Alaska opened it up to everyone because they flat out ran out of people to give it to. Also, WA is resistant to use up vaccines reserved for people's second doses out of a fear that something happens to the expected supply.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 04:59:39 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Bebpo

« Reply #13677 on: March 11, 2021, 05:22:27 PM »
Yeah, CA is just too big and too many people.

I also fully understand that when you're dealing with such a large number of people and you just want to get herd immunity in the state and #s down as fast as possible that you have to make very mechanical decisions and cannot tune this to individual groups needs.

It sucks, but I get why it is.

Even within CA, CA is so big the individual counties all do things differently. Like Long Beach started 16-64 w/health issues ahead of the state because they were done with the other groups, but you had to have a utility bill or driver's license showing Long Beach residence to use it.

james

« Reply #13678 on: March 11, 2021, 05:35:40 PM »

What state? I haven't looked into the official appointment systems, but everyone I know over 65 in CA keeps telling me it's like be online at 6am or something when the slots go up and try to grab one before it's gone kind of thing.

MA.

Ive heard the same about 6am, but Im sleeping. Why the fuck cant people just put their name in advance? Why is this treated like a Justin Beiber show?

Tasty

« Reply #13679 on: March 11, 2021, 05:42:29 PM »
I'm going to fucking snap at the next healthy young person on my Facebook feed who humble brags about the getting the vaccine. I've had to mute too many people lately. I should probably just stay off Facebook for the next couple months.

I popped on Insta the other day and every douche I expected to be humble bragging in fact, was.