Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1062592 times)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Please scream inside your heart
« Reply #13860 on: April 18, 2021, 11:27:52 AM »
^_^

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13861 on: April 18, 2021, 06:42:01 PM »
India

+233,943

The biggest challenge in reaching 300,000+ will be having enough tests honestly
Latest update

🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #13863 on: April 19, 2021, 10:28:48 AM »
12A is like if  I sit on the exit row.....

:lol

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13864 on: April 19, 2021, 11:16:01 AM »
Maybe they shouldn't have let 3 people sit in one seat, I dunno.
©@©™

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #13865 on: April 19, 2021, 12:34:39 PM »
Maybe they shouldn't have let 3 people sit in one seat, I dunno.

I mean it was a flight from New Delhi.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13866 on: April 19, 2021, 07:36:01 PM »

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #13867 on: April 20, 2021, 05:16:57 PM »
India:

+294,290

Is there a top for this mountain?
:O

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #13868 on: April 20, 2021, 06:16:19 PM »
My friend was telling me about his family getting COVID in India - his uncle died, the widowed aunt and his brother were in the hospital when this happened and still don't know.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #13869 on: April 20, 2021, 06:43:12 PM »
India

+233,943

The biggest challenge in reaching 300,000+ will be having enough tests honestly
Latest update

My friend was telling me about his family getting COVID in India - his uncle died, the widowed aunt and his brother were in the hospital when this happened and still don't know.

Jesus. This is what we were racing against; overwhelming the medical system’s capacity to deal with it. Good god.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13870 on: April 20, 2021, 07:38:35 PM »
I read that India assumed it had taken the worst (much like Europe) and thus had scaled down healthcare capacity and cancelled plans for emergency hospitals (much like Europe).
Now there are religious gatherings and election events going on despite these numbers rising.

Our government, on the ball as always will limit flights from India starting mid May  :doge
🤴

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #13871 on: April 20, 2021, 11:34:40 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ted-nugent-who-once-dismissed-covid-19-tells-fans-he-n1264648

Rock star Ted Nugent, who once dismissed Covid-19, told fans Monday that he has tested positive for it and "can hardly crawl out of bed"because of aches and pains.

In a video posted to Facebook, Nugent, 72, said he had had "flu symptoms for the last 10 days" and "thought I was dying."

"I was tested positive today," Nugent told fans in video that appeared to have been recorded at his Michigan ranch.

"I got a stuffed up head, body aches, oh my god what a pain in the a--. I literally can hardly crawl out of bed, the last few days but I did. I crawled."

Nugent appeared to say he will follow orders to remain in isolation: "I'm homebound, i.e. quarantine."

Throughout his 8-minute, 50-second video, Nugent used racist language to describe the virus, which had killed more than 570,000 people in the U.S. as of Tuesday morning, according to a running tally by NBC News.

Just four months ago, Nugent doubted that the coronavirus even existed, calling it a "scamming pandemic" and vowing not to take any vaccine.

"It's not a real pandemic and that's not a real vaccine. I'm sorry, I ain't taking no vaccine," Nugent told fans in a video on Christmas Day.

"You come at me with a needle and I will be in fear of my life," he said. "You know what I'll do if you come at me with a needle: 'Hi, I'm from the government, this needle's good for you.' F--- you.”

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #13872 on: April 21, 2021, 12:16:26 AM »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/04/20/vaccine-hesitant-republicans/
Stop talking about the possibility of coronavirus booster shots. Don’t bully people who are vaccine holdouts. And if you’re trying to win over skeptics, show us anyone besides Dr. Fauci.

That’s what a focus group of vaccine-hesitant Trump voters urged politicians and pollsters during the weekend, as public health officials work to understand potential roadblocks in the campaign to inoculate Americans against the coronavirus. Among the most pressing questions are why so many GOP voters remain opposed to the shots and whether the recent decision to pause Johnson & Johnson vaccinations was a factor.

Although more than half of U.S. adults have received at least one dose of coronavirus vaccine, more than 40 percent of Republicans have consistently told pollsters they’re not planning to be vaccinated — a group that could threaten efforts to tamp down the virus’s spread, public health officials fear.

Many vaccine-hesitant Americans are increasingly entrenched in their decisions to resist the shots, said Frank Luntz, a longtime GOP communications expert who convened Sunday’s focus group over Zoom.

“The further we go into the vaccination process, the more passionate the hesitancy is,” Luntz said after the session. “If you’ve refused to take the vaccine this long, it’s going to be hard to switch you.”

That was the case in the weekend’s focus group, the latest in a series Luntz has convened. It included 17 participants who heard pro-vaccine pitches from four doctors, including three Republican politicians and Tom Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the Obama administration.

Unlike a similar focus group five weeks ago, when most participants told Luntz and Frieden that the session persuaded them to get shots, attendees Sunday said they were swayed only moderately by doctors’ urging — or not moved at all.

“I was zero [on] the vaccine. I’m still a zero,” said a woman identified as Tammy from Virginia about an hour into Sunday’s focus group. Her comments came after Frieden repeatedly tried to calm attendees’ fears, which included questions about the vaccines’ unknown long-term effects and about baseless claims suggesting the shots would change recipients’ DNA even though that does not happen.
:notlikethis

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #13873 on: April 21, 2021, 03:10:22 AM »
:morans
Margs

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13874 on: April 21, 2021, 09:39:40 AM »
suggesting the shots would change recipients’ DNA even though that does not happen

How much did Bill Gates pay you to say that, WaPo? :maf
©@©™

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13875 on: April 21, 2021, 12:58:10 PM »
show us anyone besides Dr. Fauci

Donald Trump, himself, told his followers they should get the vaccine and they still got mad!
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13876 on: April 21, 2021, 03:07:45 PM »
India reports 315,552 new COVID-19 cases

The highest daily increase in cases reported in a single country ever.
Where does it peak james?
🤴

james

« Reply #13877 on: April 21, 2021, 05:52:36 PM »
India reports 315,552 new COVID-19 cases

The highest daily increase in cases reported in a single country ever.
Where does it peak james?

I think they can hit 500k if they have enough tests. The line is still exponential.

+2,102 official deaths today, with some experts on twitter saying the real number might be 10x that based on the number of cremations that are happening.

India is giant.

Per capita, they are at 11,450 cases per million. US is at 98,009. There are a lot of people who can be infected.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #13878 on: April 21, 2021, 06:06:39 PM »
Is the pffftizer third booster shot and seasonal shots a real thing or is it them just milking the corona?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13879 on: April 21, 2021, 06:22:10 PM »
Looks like they're going to the moon

🤴

james

« Reply #13880 on: April 21, 2021, 06:24:07 PM »
Is the pffftizer third booster shot and seasonal shots a real thing or is it them just milking the corona?

Big pharma go $$$$$$$$

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13881 on: April 21, 2021, 07:22:31 PM »

There's still not a ton known about reinfection, except that it is possible.
dog

james

« Reply #13882 on: April 21, 2021, 08:29:28 PM »
Someone in New Zealand thats fully vaxed got the rona cleaning a plane :(

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #13883 on: April 22, 2021, 06:53:23 AM »
I thought it was known that vaccination didn't necessarily prevent infection, but reduced severity and infectiousness.
Spud

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #13884 on: April 22, 2021, 07:04:20 AM »
It is, but James doesn't seem to understand the difference between protection and prevention.

james

« Reply #13885 on: April 22, 2021, 11:53:48 AM »
It is, but James doesn't seem to understand the difference between protection and prevention.

Im talking about the fact that he got it while CLEANING A PLANE you absolute dolt. United Airlines insists you cant get it on a plane. I N S I S T S 

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13886 on: April 22, 2021, 01:17:33 PM »

Im talking about the fact that he got it while CLEANING A PLANE you absolute dolt. United Airlines insists you cant get it on a plane. I N S I S T S

Fact check: air planes are magical COVID free zones, which is why Hope Hicks decided to stay on Air Force One when she tested positive. Unfortunately people decided to leave the plane and were thus infected
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #13887 on: April 22, 2021, 01:58:16 PM »

Good job not adressing that part in your comment. What's him being fully vaxed even have to do with the story?

james

« Reply #13888 on: April 22, 2021, 02:09:13 PM »

Good job not adressing that part in your comment. What's him being fully vaxed even have to do with the story?

If someone fully vaxed can get it by being in a plane withOUT people, what does that mean for the unvaxed jambronis flying to DIsney every week?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13889 on: April 22, 2021, 02:29:55 PM »

If someone fully vaxed can get it by being in a plane withOUT people, what does that mean for the unvaxed jambronis flying to DIsney every week?
I think those people have already 'achieved' herd immunity through other means.
🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #13890 on: April 22, 2021, 03:03:16 PM »
Does New Zealand provide protective equipment's and masks?

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13891 on: April 22, 2021, 03:31:11 PM »

You left out the part where he got infected because he licked the toilet seats in the bathroom.
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #13893 on: April 22, 2021, 07:42:15 PM »
Maybe we won’t need boosters :rejoice

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal

Tripon

« Reply #13895 on: April 24, 2021, 12:24:33 PM »
https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/vietnam-ramps-up-border-control-as-cambodia-s-coronavirus-crisis-deepens-4267774.html

Vietnam is ramping up border control at its southwestern borders next to Cambodia as the coronavirus crisis deepens inside the neighboring country.
Kien Giang Province, which shares a 56 kilometer land border with Cambodia and has a 200 kilometer shoreline, has seen many migrants enter Phu Quoc Island illegally via the sea route recently. The provincial People's Committee said over 103,000 Vietnamese are residing in Cambodia, with around 1,700 living in three Cambodian provinces bordering Kien Giang.

Due to its close proximity with Cambodia, the Kien Giang Steering Committee for Covid-19 Prevention and Control said border control is the foremost priority in the coronavirus fight. A total 48 border stations have been erected in Ha Tien Town, which shares 14 kilometer land border and 26 kilometer shoreline with Cambodia, supported by 24-hour patrols.

:corona_mj

Bebpo

« Reply #13896 on: April 24, 2021, 04:50:05 PM »
I'm trying to start getting back out now that I'm vaccinated with that Pfizer juice. Been taking morning jogs and to the local Japanese/French bakery and waiting in 30 min social distanced lines and picking up foods & snacks, a little shopping at outdoor non-crowded areas.

Been trying to hang out with my vaccinated friends outdoors 1 on 1 for a start, but everyone's been busy. Still haven't seen anyone in like 14 months.

Instead I keep getting invited to mass gatherings of unvaccinated people without masks and I'm like...I don't want to jump to that step before I even feel comfortable within 1 on 1 again!

I got invited to a beach bonfire birthday party next week, which outdoors is safe and good, but it also might be a lot of people and no masks and unvaccinated. And then a few weeks later I got invited to a wedding reception which again is a lot of people, likely unmasked and unvaccinated.

Probably safe, but idk, still feel iffy about those. Probably gonna be lame and pass on both.

Otoh, my brother & his gf just took a flight to Boston for a wedding. They've both got that pfizer juice but I sure af wouldn't be getting on any planes right now.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #13897 on: April 24, 2021, 06:24:03 PM »
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ted-nugent-who-once-dismissed-covid-19-tells-fans-he-n1264648

Rock star Ted Nugent, who once dismissed Covid-19, told fans Monday that he has tested positive for it and "can hardly crawl out of bed"because of aches and pains.

In a video posted to Facebook, Nugent, 72, said he had had "flu symptoms for the last 10 days" and "thought I was dying."

"I was tested positive today," Nugent told fans in video that appeared to have been recorded at his Michigan ranch.

"I got a stuffed up head, body aches, oh my god what a pain in the a--. I literally can hardly crawl out of bed, the last few days but I did. I crawled."

Nugent appeared to say he will follow orders to remain in isolation: "I'm homebound, i.e. quarantine."

Throughout his 8-minute, 50-second video, Nugent used racist language to describe the virus, which had killed more than 570,000 people in the U.S. as of Tuesday morning, according to a running tally by NBC News.

Just four months ago, Nugent doubted that the coronavirus even existed, calling it a "scamming pandemic" and vowing not to take any vaccine.

"It's not a real pandemic and that's not a real vaccine. I'm sorry, I ain't taking no vaccine," Nugent told fans in a video on Christmas Day.

"You come at me with a needle and I will be in fear of my life," he said. "You know what I'll do if you come at me with a needle: 'Hi, I'm from the government, this needle's good for you.' F--- you.”

https://www.mlive.com/news/2021/04/ted-nugent-performed-inside-florida-anti-mask-supermarket-days-before-saying-he-has-covid-19.html

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE TOOL.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13898 on: April 24, 2021, 07:22:33 PM »
According to a report by NBC News, Seed to Table’s owner told the news agency he knows masks do not work and doesn’t believe the coronavirus has killed hundreds of thousands of people in the U.S., saying it’s “total hogwash” and “Why don’t we shut the world down because of the heart attacks? Why don’t we lock down cities because of heart attacks?”

:beli
dog

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #13899 on: April 25, 2021, 06:59:36 AM »

"Fully vaxxed" doesn't mean that a human-being is 100% covid-proof btw

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #13900 on: April 25, 2021, 02:15:40 PM »

You left out the part where he got infected because he licked the toilet seats in the bathroom.

yikes, victim blaming much?

Raist

« Reply #13901 on: April 26, 2021, 02:38:58 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13902 on: April 26, 2021, 02:49:25 PM »
EU needs a scapegoat for their own failure
🤴

Raist

« Reply #13903 on: April 26, 2021, 02:53:15 PM »
EU needs a scapegoat for their own failure

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13904 on: April 26, 2021, 03:11:08 PM »
Brussels spent quite a lot of political capital to persuade member states in trusting their centralized vaccine procurement and it all got bogged down in bureaucracy and bad decision making.
Until a number of countries like France decided to push ahead and strike deals on their own as well. 

https://www.politico.eu/article/europe-coronavirus-vaccine-struggle-pfizer-biontech-astrazeneca/

As of today the EU has no idea where any of the vaccines they ordered actually ended up because they had no way to track those shipments.
This will have political ramifications for years if not decades to come. The next time an event like this happens most member states won't wait for a centralized EU strategy and instead go it alone.

🤴

Raist

« Reply #13905 on: April 26, 2021, 03:37:11 PM »
I mean that's a nice narrative, but the ones who not only fucked up but also lied through their teeth repeatedly are AZ.

Your article is 3 months old. A lot of shit came out since then.

james

« Reply #13906 on: April 26, 2021, 04:32:27 PM »
It looks like the US plateau/mini-spike is over. Smooth sailing ahead boys!

Tripon

« Reply #13907 on: April 26, 2021, 10:51:27 PM »
Brussels spent quite a lot of political capital to persuade member states in trusting their centralized vaccine procurement and it all got bogged down in bureaucracy and bad decision making.
Until a number of countries like France decided to push ahead and strike deals on their own as well. 

https://www.politico.eu/article/europe-coronavirus-vaccine-struggle-pfizer-biontech-astrazeneca/

As of today the EU has no idea where any of the vaccines they ordered actually ended up because they had no way to track those shipments.
This will have political ramifications for years if not decades to come. The next time an event like this happens most member states won't wait for a centralized EU strategy and instead go it alone.

Nintex, you were one of the first that was posting about the blood clots AZ were causing.

james

« Reply #13908 on: April 27, 2021, 09:54:07 PM »
Another spicy record in India +362,902

US at +52,046 which matches Tuesday March 16th. The great dip is upon us.

Im betting 38k next Tuesday unless Florida fucks us up in a Florida way.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13910 on: April 28, 2021, 12:20:23 PM »
AZ are lying pieces of shit no doubt.

But make no mistake, the EU is relieved they weren't the only clownshow in town.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13911 on: April 29, 2021, 01:38:29 PM »
Look bois it's our Minister of Social Affairs and Employment demonstrating how to use your mask.

https://twitter.com/innouveau/status/1387741515519303681
🤴

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #13912 on: April 30, 2021, 11:46:46 AM »
https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-examining-heart-inflammation-cases-people-who-received-pfizer-covid-shot-2021-04-25/

these cunts only just found out now? I had the exclusive on my own body in early February!

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #13913 on: April 30, 2021, 01:31:34 PM »
Israel's pandemic response coordinator, Nachman Ash, said that a preliminary study showed "tens of incidents" of myocarditis occurring among more than 5 million vaccinated people, primarily after the second dose.

Ash said it was unclear whether this was unusually high and whether it was connected to the vaccine.
Pretty good odds.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #13914 on: April 30, 2021, 06:32:44 PM »
 :info

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #13915 on: April 30, 2021, 06:47:36 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13916 on: May 02, 2021, 02:17:57 PM »
https://twitter.com/alfonslopeztena/status/1388867307074727936

Well well well if it isn't big government roaring its ugly head
🤴

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #13917 on: May 03, 2021, 05:23:02 AM »
https://twitter.com/alfonslopeztena/status/1388867307074727936

Well well well if it isn't big government roaring its ugly head

WTF. It's like he is trying to purposefully enrage Ataturk's ghost. *pours out a bottle of raki*
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #13918 on: May 03, 2021, 10:45:48 AM »
Johnson and Johnson also dropped here in the official vaccination program lmao... good thing we only bought 9 mil of them... to our 6 mil population....

At least they give you the option to get it anyway, at your own doctor if you just want to get vaccinated quickly. think my mom will do that, but doubt my dad will have anything but phizer at this point

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13919 on: May 03, 2021, 11:49:06 AM »
What a mess. Germany has cancelled Oktoberfest which sort of gives an insight how long they expect this pandemic to last.

*this is not medical advice
🤴