Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1071620 times)

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Please scream inside your heart
« Reply #13980 on: May 31, 2021, 09:10:11 PM »
If I was the Chinese president, Id be pretty pissed that the best my bio-weapons scientists could do was a 1% mortality rate.
right? not even licking spencer and albert wesker's boots

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #13981 on: May 31, 2021, 11:41:13 PM »
Not only did China cook this up in a lab, they also tried to reverse engineer to make it look like it came into existence naturally.

https://twitter.com/JoshTBoswell/status/1398424294896541696

https://twitter.com/JoshTBoswell/status/1398436947727638529

While analyzing COVID-19 samples last year in an attempt to create a vaccine, Dalgleish and Sørensen discovered 'unique fingerprints' in the virus that they say could only have arisen from manipulation in a laboratory.

lol, i remember this angus dalgleish guy from 2016 UKIP drama. idk about these dudes, but will be interesting to see if anything comes of it after being properly reviewed. wouldn't put it past an ex UKIP europhobe candidate to embellish the truth related to a foreign power
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #13982 on: May 31, 2021, 11:58:01 PM »
for instance a lead epidemiologist here in NZ employed at auckland university went full covid hoaxer anti-lockdown git despite y'know, being a leading epidemiologist. even after everything that's happened and how well we navigated the pandemic as a country, he and many others that are a part of Voice For Freedom (covid hoaxer, anti lockdown, anti vaccine rollout fucks) are unwilling to accept they were wrong.

anyway, yes, totally normal to leak your unpublished paper to such a reputable source as the DM. their peers in this case are near unanimously skeptical or outright saying they're wrong (and numerous journals have rejected their study) but the daily mail and josh boswell have definitely found the Free Thinkers that will enlighten us to the real conspiracy

◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #13983 on: June 01, 2021, 12:22:05 AM »
I'll believe it when it's more than 2 guys saying it

esp 2 guys so desperate for attention they're leaking their paper and giving interviews to the daily mail. im back on the ban nintex wagon

i mean read this conclusion lmao. 

◕‿◕

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13984 on: June 02, 2021, 12:48:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1399760200723226625

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1400074392005193728

Instead of proving the natural evolution theory, the Chinese go on the attack and pretty much admit the theory with dumb communist whataboutism  :lol

Also, Fauci's emails released.
The content is quite worrying.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 01:19:04 PM by Nintex »
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #13985 on: June 02, 2021, 01:07:41 PM »
Also, Fauci's emails leaked.
No, they didn't. It was a basic FOIA request.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13986 on: June 02, 2021, 01:34:00 PM »
Indeed it was, I stand corrected.

Still not a good look for the good doctor.
COVID and the response in general seems to caught in a web of corruption and lies anyway.
In our country alone 5.1 billion has gone 'missing' at the health department.

Just recently they found out a guy that pretended to have made PPE deals without making a profit had actually stashed 9 million away in a private account through a newly formed shell company.
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #13987 on: June 02, 2021, 01:42:43 PM »
if fauci is stealing bilions of monies via cybercrimes in the Netherlands, imagine what he's doing in countries that actually matter :tocry
(ice)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13989 on: June 03, 2021, 01:55:41 PM »
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1399760200723226625

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1400074392005193728

Instead of proving the natural evolution theory, the Chinese go on the attack and pretty much admit the theory with dumb communist whataboutism  :lol

Also, Fauci's emails released.
The content is quite worrying.

dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13990 on: June 03, 2021, 02:48:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/Tuliodna/status/1400401867063140353

Coming up next SUPER COVID

216 day long Sars-Cov-2 infection that gained 30 mutations in this time frame
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #13991 on: June 03, 2021, 02:59:13 PM »
What?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #13993 on: June 07, 2021, 11:32:55 AM »
I heard in Canada you can mix all the vaccines together to get super vaxxed. :rejoice
©@©™

Bebpo

« Reply #13994 on: June 09, 2021, 03:20:19 PM »
I wonder how accurate official numbers are in terms of covid spread in the USA,

Like 5 people I know have gotten sick in the last 2 weeks with a "cold", all of these people were vaccinated and so none of them thought it could be covid and none of them got covid tested. One went to a doctor who told them they had bronchitis from lung inflammation and gave them antibiotics but the doctor didn't even recommend a covid test.

Makes me wonder if covid is still going around pretty strongly but since the effects are mild on vaccinated people, most people are asymptomatic or the mild case people are just not getting tested anymore.

Which is all fine and good since its still not landing people in the hospital, but if it's still spreading rapidly through the communities it continues chances to mutate and the unprotected people in the communities like people who are immune suppressed or can't take the vaccines for whatever reason have a false sense of security that covid is rare in their community from the official numbers and then still catch it.

I'm part of a study on whether the covid vaccines work for people on my immune suppressing medications. I sent out a blood sample last week and am supposed to hear the results in the next week or two on whether I developed regular antibodies. Will be helpful to know, because when my friend who I'm supposed to get lunch with, my date who I'm supposed to make out with, and my hair stylist are all down with a "cold" it makes me pretty iffy seeing these people until I know I have enough vaccine protection.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #13995 on: June 09, 2021, 03:42:17 PM »
The US does not have a high enough vaccination percentage for it not to mutate and become a seasonal thing.  Basically what you are describing is the new new normal. 

Bebpo

« Reply #13996 on: June 09, 2021, 04:01:11 PM »
That's a bit different than what I'm talking about.

I'm saying the false sense of security of vaccinated people to get tested "it can't be covid, I'm vaccinated, so I'm not going to get tested" isn't reflecting the correct numbers. Normally a maskless memorial day holiday would be a super spreader event. Maybe it silently was and that's why lots of people are coming down sick with a cold, but by not getting tested the numbers aren't showing this invisible wave.

Then again I think positivity rate is key for this. If the rate is really low, it means out of the people who are making the effort to get tested, most of the time it's something else like a normal cold and that the chance it is covid is very, very low.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #13997 on: June 09, 2021, 04:09:38 PM »
That's kind of what I meant though.  The numbers and tests don't really matter anymore or they matter but basically just as much as the old flu numbers mattered.   We are just transitioning to a new phase where invisible waves will be the norm because this isn't going away completely.  The way we calculate statistics in the post-vax phase of corona will change as well according to what you are describing where we will need to figure out the x% of people that no longer get tested.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 04:14:29 PM by Madrun Badrun »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #13998 on: June 09, 2021, 07:17:18 PM »
UK hit over 7000 cases today.

New strain from India.
Part of China has gone back into lockdown also because of this strain.
🤴

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #13999 on: June 10, 2021, 04:43:06 AM »
 :nope China Flu

:ohyeah Chennai Flu
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #14000 on: June 11, 2021, 08:42:29 PM »
One year ago this week, the fall in Covid cases in the US started to reverse as a summer surge hit southern states.

If you look very closely, youll note those same states have started to tick up ever so slightly. Those states, of course, have the lowest vaccine rates.

We'll know in a week if we might be repeating history. Florida stopped reporting daily, so it will be harder to note.
:O

« Reply #14001 on: June 14, 2021, 01:27:04 PM »
I'm headed to Nebraska for the 4th of July weekend to see my wife's family. We'll be masking up on the plane and limiting our daughter really going inside anywhere that isn't our in-laws house, but I'm still ready for an absolute culture shock. Here in Seattle we have the highest vaccination rate in the US and we likely also have the highest continued mask compliance. My in-laws were here the other week and you could see the relief on their faces with everyone still wearing masks. My father in law said it's completely done back in Omaha.
野球

james

« Reply #14002 on: June 14, 2021, 02:08:14 PM »
Lots of masks over here as well. I would say 95% for normal businesses like Starbucks, supermarkets etc

Only bars are a mask-free free-for-all, which makes sense, because the whole "use a mask for 2 minutes when you walk in then no mask for the next two hours" was not really the best policy.

« Reply #14003 on: June 14, 2021, 02:35:32 PM »
Lots of masks over here as well. I would say 95% for normal businesses like Starbucks, supermarkets etc

Only bars are a mask-free free-for-all, which makes sense, because the whole "use a mask for 2 minutes when you walk in then no mask for the next two hours" was not really the best policy.

It's not just indoors mask wearing here, you still see probably 75% of people wearing them outside.
野球

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #14004 on: June 14, 2021, 03:43:24 PM »
Got a cold or something, been 5'ged since late march.

Getting swabbed tomorrow for the 'vid.

We'll see.

Eitherway, nice knowing you guys, and gals, and non binary pals.

Bebpo

« Reply #14005 on: June 14, 2021, 03:47:15 PM »
Yeah, I went to bar for the first time yesterday. Was pretty no mask, including myself but I sat outside at a separate table and just made a quick dart inside for the bathroom and back once and it seemed okish though obviously some risk.

Also went to an outdoor huge garden and mask use was like 50/50. We started wearing them but took them off at some point since we'd only encounter a person every 4-5 mins and we were both vaccinated and it was outdoors.

james

« Reply #14006 on: June 14, 2021, 06:21:14 PM »

It's not just indoors mask wearing here, you still see probably 75% of people wearing them outside.

Yeah about the same here outside.

Also, I just realized that with the change from countries to greek letters for variants, we're going to have an OMICRON varient and I bet $20 thats the one that will result in bleeding from the eyes as a side effect

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #14007 on: June 15, 2021, 12:01:17 PM »
Around here, mask wearing is about 50-50 or 75 mask-25 no mask depending on where you go. Yesterday we had the lowest number of positive cases since worldometers started tracking it (325), deaths have been really low, and vaxx rates are fairly high (50% of all people are fully vaxxed, 58% had at least 1 shot). I still mask up indoors, unless I'm sitting at a table, but outdoors I won't unless I'm waiting in line or surrounded by a big crowd.

We still have a bunch of white trash soccer moms with the "unmask our children" protests going on.  :maf
^_^

Bebpo

« Reply #14008 on: June 15, 2021, 06:35:24 PM »
Went on twitter to see what Disneyland looked like today after they dropped all requirements. No distancing, no masks, anyone from any state/country allowed in.

I love Disneyland, but I feel like it's gonna be a while before I feel safe going there again  :'(

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #14009 on: June 15, 2021, 11:19:33 PM »

Yeah about the same here outside.

Also, I just realized that with the change from countries to greek letters for variants, we're going to have an OMICRON varient and I bet $20 thats the one that will result in bleeding from the eyes as a side effect

Weeping blood comes merely from a derangement of the tear duct, my dear James. Nothing sinister.

« Reply #14010 on: June 16, 2021, 11:04:06 AM »
Yeah, I went to bar for the first time yesterday. Was pretty no mask, including myself but I sat outside at a separate table and just made a quick dart inside for the bathroom and back once and it seemed okish though obviously some risk.

Also went to an outdoor huge garden and mask use was like 50/50. We started wearing them but took them off at some point since we'd only encounter a person every 4-5 mins and we were both vaccinated and it was outdoors.

Em and I had a date night while her parents were visiting a couple weeks ago. We sat outside at a brewery and then had dinner outside. It was nice, but everything was so incredibly spaced out to help ease back into it.
野球

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #14011 on: June 16, 2021, 11:26:12 AM »
Went on twitter to see what Disneyland looked like today after they dropped all requirements. No distancing, no masks, anyone from any state/country allowed in.

(Image removed from quote.)

I love Disneyland, but I feel like it's gonna be a while before I feel safe going there again  :'(

Outside is relatively safe. I'd worry more about eating in restaurants, I did it once about a week ago and I'm still around. So I guess the vaccine works.

I still wear a KF94 around whenever I go, because I'm interviewing left and right for a new job and have to do it for gainful employment.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #14012 on: June 16, 2021, 08:29:12 PM »
The phrase "relatively safe" has loaded itself with more dread than I recall being true prior to COVID.

I keep wanting to grab food somewhere, and I keep asking myself if it's worth rolling the dice. The answer is usually "no."

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #14013 on: June 17, 2021, 09:07:34 AM »
Got my results back from the 'vid test, and the results are positive!

As in the test came out negative.

:rodney

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14016 on: June 18, 2021, 02:04:23 PM »
Our government has lifted more regulations.

No more face masks starting June 26th with the only exception being public transport.
No more limits to the number of people you can invite into your home or anywhere else.

Only the distance rule still remains in effect.

If things continue as they are all remaining regulations to be lifted by August 13.

https://twitter.com/euromarkusk/status/1405787197018710017
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #14017 on: June 18, 2021, 02:06:14 PM »
i wish i lived in a country that wasn't run by weak willed cowards :stahp
(ice)

james

« Reply #14018 on: June 18, 2021, 03:12:19 PM »
Just booked my flights to Europe for July!

You fuckers better let me in

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14019 on: June 18, 2021, 04:18:37 PM »
i wish i lived in a country that wasn't run by weak willed cowards :stahp

Come to America then, jack.  :biden
dog

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14020 on: June 18, 2021, 05:51:02 PM »
Just booked my flights to Europe for July!

You fuckers better let me in

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1405811574904922113

🤴

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14021 on: June 19, 2021, 03:36:15 PM »
Went on a hike for a few hours with friends.  Then ate at a (patio) restaurant for the first time since Jan 2020.

james

« Reply #14022 on: June 23, 2021, 03:02:33 PM »
Covid surging in UK.

+16,135 cases today, highest since February 6.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14023 on: June 23, 2021, 03:06:47 PM »
Covid surging in UK.

+16,135 cases today, highest since February 6.

ssshh Be quiet! :shh This is the summer relief period so the normies can blow off some steam.

The new lockdown won't start until September.  :cop
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #14024 on: June 24, 2021, 03:21:44 PM »
Is it any wonder?

The football is on and this is what people are doing...

Spud

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #14025 on: June 24, 2021, 04:28:11 PM »
NHS contact tracing called me today to say I have to isolate until the (end of) the 30th. No symptoms (yet?).

If I die sell my account as an NFT.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #14026 on: June 24, 2021, 04:51:16 PM »
RIP
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14028 on: June 24, 2021, 06:09:24 PM »
“Obviously I can’t rule out that the sequences are in a database or some other webpage somewhere, but I couldn’t find them in any of the obvious places I looked,”
still has the documents -> :info

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-01731-3
The earliest viral sequences from Wuhan are from individuals linked to the city’s Huanan Seafood Market in December 2019, which was initially thought to be where the coronavirus first jumped from animals to people. But the seafood market sequences are more distantly related to SARS-CoV-2’s closest relatives in bats — the most likely ultimate origin of the virus — than are later sequences, including one collected in the United States.

That's strange, the more we look into it the more this bat story is a bunch of horse shit and people are trying to or have deleted and altered scientific data to make it stick :ohhh

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
🤴

james

« Reply #14029 on: June 25, 2021, 05:32:22 PM »
One year ago this week, the fall in Covid cases in the US started to reverse as a summer surge hit southern states.

If you look very closely, youll note those same states have started to tick up ever so slightly. Those states, of course, have the lowest vaccine rates.

We'll know in a week if we might be repeating history. Florida stopped reporting daily, so it will be harder to note.

Why am I always right

:existential

The Missouri health department on Thursday reported a huge jump in coronavirus cases — 1,232 — a number not seen regularly since early February.

The average daily number of new cases has been on the rise since the start of June, going from about 400 to nearly 700 a day, driven by the presence of the more infectious and dangerous Delta variant and dismal vaccination rates. Thursday’s jump moves the daily average to 759.
https://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/coronavirus/missouri-reports-big-jump-in-daily-coronavirus-cases-reaching-numbers-seen-in-early-february/article_9e1c37a3-c4bb-5966-a4b6-12709e60bc26.html

The weekly number of new cases of COVID-19 and test positivity in Florida rose in the last week as the Delta variant spreads through the state.

The Florida Department of Health reported 11,873 new COVID cases for the week ending June 24, compared with 10,629 for the prior week. Test positivity rose to 3.8% from 3.3% a week earlier.

Vaccinations declined dramatically over the last week: Only 281,042 doses were administered compared with 413,018 a week earlier.
https://news.yahoo.com/number-florida-covid-cases-rising-200000971.html

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #14030 on: June 25, 2021, 07:00:55 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songbird_(2020_film)

Songbird is a 2020 American dystopian science fiction thriller film based on the COVID-19 pandemic. It is directed by Adam Mason, who wrote the screenplay with Simon Boyes, and produced by Michael Bay, Adam Goodman, Andrew Sugerman, and Eben Davidson. The film stars KJ Apa, Sofia Carson, Craig Robinson, Bradley Whitford, Peter Stormare, Alexandra Daddario, Paul Walter Hauser, and Demi Moore.

By 2024, the COVID-19 virus has mutated into COVID-23 and the world is in its fourth pandemic year. In the United States, people are required to take temperature checks on their cell phones while those infected with COVID-23 are taken from their homes against their will and forced into quarantine camps, also known as "Q-Zones" or concentration camps, where some fight back against the brutal restrictions. In these camps, the infected are left to die or forcibly get better.

Yikes

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14031 on: June 25, 2021, 07:41:56 PM »
That is probably not too far removed from what will happen in the future if new variants like the Delta variant continue to spread.

What is more likely: that they will 'educate' and reach out to the 15% - 30% of the population marginalized in society and unable or unwilling to get vaccinated or that they lock them up to protect everybody else.
They did the same thing during the crack epidemic and that wasn't even contagious.

Let's face it, if we get to a Gamma variant very few of us will be against it.
🤴

james

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #14033 on: June 26, 2021, 10:04:55 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songbird_(2020_film)

Songbird is a 2020 American dystopian science fiction thriller film based on the COVID-19 pandemic. It is directed by Adam Mason, who wrote the screenplay with Simon Boyes, and produced by Michael Bay, Adam Goodman, Andrew Sugerman, and Eben Davidson. The film stars KJ Apa, Sofia Carson, Craig Robinson, Bradley Whitford, Peter Stormare, Alexandra Daddario, Paul Walter Hauser, and Demi Moore.

By 2024, the COVID-19 virus has mutated into COVID-23 and the world is in its fourth pandemic year. In the United States, people are required to take temperature checks on their cell phones while those infected with COVID-23 are taken from their homes against their will and forced into quarantine camps, also known as "Q-Zones" or concentration camps, where some fight back against the brutal restrictions. In these camps, the infected are left to die or forcibly get better.

Yikes

You know it's good when they came up with the idea, wrote the screenplay, pitched it to Hollywood producers, cast, shot, edited, and released the movie in less than 9 months.
dog

Kurt Russell

« Reply #14034 on: June 28, 2021, 10:21:52 AM »

Thanks, Mecha-Obama.
woke

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #14035 on: June 28, 2021, 10:41:22 AM »
Well at least im vaccinated 🤷🏼‍♂️
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14036 on: June 28, 2021, 12:13:14 PM »
:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge

UK records 18,270 new coronavirus cases, highest since Feb. 5

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-records-18270-new-coronavirus-cases-highest-since-feb-5-2021-06-26/?utm_source=reddit.com
Don't worry, Matt Hancock isn't there to cheat on his wife anymore and football is coming home.

COVID is on leave in Europe until September 1st.
🤴

james

« Reply #14037 on: June 30, 2021, 07:53:21 PM »
:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge

UK records 18,270 new coronavirus cases, highest since Feb. 5

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-records-18270-new-coronavirus-cases-highest-since-feb-5-2021-06-26/?utm_source=reddit.com

:gddr5 :gddr5 :gddr5 :gddr5

The United Kingdom recorded a further 26,068 cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, the highest daily figure since January 29 and sending the seven day-tally up 70% on the week before, official data showed.
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-records-26068-new-daily-covid-cases-highest-since-jan-29-2021-06-30/

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #14038 on: July 01, 2021, 02:32:38 AM »
I'm just waiting for Prince William to get it again and all the other people who were at Wembley for the Germany match.

It's like all of Europe just decided, "fuck it, football is more important".

I'd like to see the comparison of new cases for countries who were involved in Euro 2020 vs the countries who didn't qualify or host matches.
Spud

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #14039 on: July 01, 2021, 04:18:05 AM »
I'm just waiting for Prince William to get it again and all the other people who were at Wembley for the Germany match.

It's like all of Europe just decided, "fuck it, football is more important".

I'd like to see the comparison of new cases for countries who were involved in Euro 2020 vs the countries who didn't qualify or host matches.

Depends on the place. For Wembley they've obviously gone "fuck it", not that this is particularly surprising given the track record of England when it comes to the management of this pandemic.

Other places have been a lot more careful. See for instance SWE-UKR at Hampden (Scotland), looked like they went for 30% capacity if not less.