Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1062363 times)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Re: Corona Thread |OT| Please scream inside your heart
« Reply #14580 on: November 11, 2021, 12:58:23 AM »
 :hesright

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #14581 on: November 11, 2021, 02:12:45 AM »
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14582 on: November 11, 2021, 12:53:53 PM »
New record bois

16k positive tests in 1 day  :playa
🤴

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #14583 on: November 11, 2021, 01:17:16 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Much like tying health insurance to employment yup, it’s the American way.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14584 on: November 11, 2021, 01:23:47 PM »
Also it's Carnaval in the south today

https://twitter.com/pvl63/status/1458780972246351875
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #14585 on: November 11, 2021, 01:29:29 PM »
and zwarte piet is on the horizon :dolezal
(ice)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #14586 on: November 11, 2021, 05:53:18 PM »
I'm hearing the Netherlands are in chaos as the sick are piling up

Germany at +50,133 big oof
:O

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #14587 on: November 11, 2021, 10:06:43 PM »
Anyone have experience with a moderna booster?  As a fatty I qualify for it and wondering how much it’s gonna suck, shot 2 was awful.

Fifstar

« Reply #14588 on: November 12, 2021, 07:18:13 AM »
I think the moderna booster is reduced in vaccine amount compared to the standard Moderna shots, 50 µg vs 100 µg for the normal dose, so maybe a bit less bad. In the end nobody can tell you for sure...
Gulp

archnemesis

« Reply #14589 on: November 12, 2021, 07:23:53 AM »
There is huge variation in how people react to the vaccine. All you can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Quaker

« Reply #14590 on: November 12, 2021, 02:56:05 PM »
There is huge variation in how people react to the vaccine. All you can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst.
This.

I got the Moderna booster and had no symptoms aside from feeling like an invisible bruise/soreness on the shoulder that I got jabbed on and that went away after 2 days.

(My initial shot was the Johnson & Johnson 1-shot back in April)

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #14591 on: November 12, 2021, 08:09:39 PM »
I was just hoping for anecdotal assurances that it wasn’t as bad as the last one, I talked a big game then about being willing to go through it again but I didn’t think I was actually gonna have to :stahp

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14593 on: November 14, 2021, 11:38:20 AM »
prison colony under lockdown  ::)

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #14594 on: November 14, 2021, 01:41:04 PM »
Austria. We're still pretty good here.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14595 on: November 14, 2021, 01:51:48 PM »
As of late people (mostly older) go into these rants when I talk to them. The unvaccinated should be banned/put in camps whatever and people who compare that to what happened in Nazi germany are 'crazy'.
They know I'm against mandatory vaccination or a society split based on medical history and a big supporter of freedomTM so they keep talking so I can't get a word in. It's always fun to watch the shock on their faces when I reply:
"Yep, I totally agree and close the EU borders for all the unvaccinated and build walls in Poland and Greece to keep them out. Sink the boats and shoot down the planes before they can infect us."

And then they finally realize what they're actually supporting.
🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #14596 on: November 14, 2021, 03:09:37 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-lifestyle-lincoln-tigers-animals-c55c7c432e0a80caa5fea3c8a4f5d1c7

For all you it must be made in a lab peeps, how do you explain that other mammals seem to be getting hit with COVID as well? I'm curious.

LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — Three snow leopards have died at the Lincoln Children’s Zoo in Nebraska of complications from COVID-19.

The zoo made the announcement in a Facebook post Friday, describing the deaths of the three leopards — named Ranney, Everest, and Makalu— as “truly heartbreaking.”

The zoo began treating the leopards and two Sumatran tigers for the virus last month. The zoo said the tigers, Axl and Kumar, have made a recovery.

The zoo said it remains open to the public and continues to take precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to humans and animals.

Zoos across the country, including at the St. Louis Zoo and the Denver Zoo, have battled COVID-19 outbreaks among their animals.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14597 on: November 14, 2021, 03:11:48 PM »
Scramble the B-52's Joe, China's coming after the cats :info
🤴

fizzel

« Reply #14598 on: November 14, 2021, 05:05:28 PM »
Bit fucking annoying how my big sister, the anti Vax conspiracy lover turned out to be entirely correct about this clown show. Bollcoks. She's gonna be feeding me some humble pie when I see her next.

I cannot believe that shit I'm seeing from Austria.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14599 on: November 14, 2021, 06:26:30 PM »
Bit fucking annoying how my big sister, the anti Vax conspiracy lover turned out to be entirely correct about this clown show. Bollcoks. She's gonna be feeding me some humble pie when I see her next.

I cannot believe that shit I'm seeing from Austria.
Those QR codes were already being looked at prior to the pandemic this just put things into high gear.
Some fucks at McKinsey and firms like it got filthy rich selling a bootleg of China's social credit system to the European bureaucrats and public servants with no ideas of their own.
https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/mckinsey-digital/our-insights/digital-identification-a-key-to-inclusive-growth
We often forget that without the innovations in mass surveillance and big tech in the west the CCP could not have created their system.

Instead of making haste in implementing a more digitized society regulated by digital ID's and soon AI's at scale we should pause and review the past 2 decades.
We never had a public debate on it and 99% of political parties are already on board by default.
People who say it reminds them of the 1930's are not wrong but the other side is too blind to see what they are doing.
Just like the German public servants were until it was too late. The fact that the number of people opposing these policies is growing gives me hope it might not be too late.

My dad doesn't even have a smartphone but a printed code which will likely be banned soon because of fake documents.
Your permit is valid until it isn't - is literally a scene in Schindlers List  :doge

This happened yesterday, the unvaccinated weren't welcome at this Sinterklaas event and they went as far as to make sure they couldn't watch from a distance too.
https://twitter.com/rood_wit/status/1459843399981289474
🤴

fizzel

« Reply #14600 on: November 15, 2021, 09:39:16 AM »
Just read you're in your fifth (?!?) Lockdown over there?

What are you even coming out to at that point?  Wasteland high streets.  Rapid inflation and shortages so your weed and booze is extortionately priced.  Karen's moaning at you to wear those fucking masks.

Anyway we're not far away from a witch-hunt on the unvaxxed. They'll be convincing us to lock them in their houses and red Xing their front doors soon.  There's plenty of sad bastards out there all for it already.

Rather than go after the companies that have raked in billions for vaccines that haven't fucking worked.

Jesus wept.

james

« Reply #14601 on: November 15, 2021, 11:37:14 AM »
ROUND UP AND KILL THE UNVAXED

In Minecraft but also real life tbh

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14602 on: November 16, 2021, 03:40:22 AM »
19k positive tests. New Record

Hospitalizations are increasing rapidly.
They expected a peak of 1500 in january.
The counter now stands at 2000.

Some folks who want a 'green check' but no vaccine are trying to get infected on purpose
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #14603 on: November 16, 2021, 04:24:01 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-lifestyle-lincoln-tigers-animals-c55c7c432e0a80caa5fea3c8a4f5d1c7

For all you it must be made in a lab peeps, how do you explain that other mammals seem to be getting hit with COVID as well? I'm curious.

The Chinese are known for shoddy manufacturing :trumps

james

« Reply #14604 on: November 16, 2021, 10:21:59 AM »
Some folks who want a 'green check' but no vaccine are trying to get infected on purpose

Bold strategy Cotton.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14605 on: November 16, 2021, 01:39:13 PM »
We've passed 20k positive tests today.
But the number is somewhat skewed because there's a backlog of test results.

Infection rate growth highest among kids aged 5 - 9, a 85% increase.
🤴

james

« Reply #14606 on: November 17, 2021, 01:28:39 AM »
US ticking up again. We should hit 100k next week. Thanksgiving will be a super-spreader, and we will hit 125k shortly after.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #14607 on: November 17, 2021, 06:23:36 AM »

What are you even coming out to at that point?  Wasteland high streets.  Rapid inflation and shortages so your weed and booze is extortionately priced.  Karen's moaning at you to wear those fucking masks.

Anyway we're not far away from a witch-hunt on the unvaxxed. They'll be convincing us to lock them in their houses and red Xing their front doors soon.  There's plenty of sad bastards out there all for it already.

Rather than go after the companies that have raked in billions for vaccines that haven't fucking worked.

Jesus wept.
The vaccines do work though. You just need better coverage than 65%.

New South Wales has 90%+ double dose coverage and has gone from reporting 1000-2000 cases daily to 200 cases, all while lifting restrictions. The biggest change is that they rapidly went from 60% vaccine coverage to 90%+ coverage in a short time.
Spud

fizzel

« Reply #14608 on: November 17, 2021, 11:02:24 AM »
We've passed 20k positive tests today.
But the number is somewhat skewed because there's a backlog of test results.

Infection rate growth highest among kids aged 5 - 9, a 85% increase.

They're fluffing us for a Christmas lockdown up here. Bozo definitely dipping his toe in the water today.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14609 on: November 17, 2021, 11:47:44 AM »
Another day, another 20k cases
Meanwhile Germany is looking to follow the example of Austria, a lockdown for the unvaccinated (which means the rest of Europe will follow as well).

https://twitter.com/JuliaHB1/status/1460699224685912076

We're [ ] this close from seeing images of police officers dragging crying people out of their homes to stick needles in their arms or folks being imprisoned for not taking the shots.
Politicians are already saying things like 'freedom is no excuse to endanger others'.

In our country a guy named Bruls, in charge of the newly created 'regional safety committee' when asked about civil disobedience said:
"People have met the soft hand of daddy Bruls, maybe it's time they met the firm hand of daddy Bruls"

They're really going after the unvaccinated to cover up their failed policies and the fact that they did nothing, absolutely nothing to increase the ICU capacity.

Jesus wept.
The vaccines do work though. You just need better coverage than 65%.

New South Wales has 90%+ double dose coverage and has gone from reporting 1000-2000 cases daily to 200 cases, all while lifting restrictions. The biggest change is that they rapidly went from 60% vaccine coverage to 90%+ coverage in a short time.
Gibraltar has a vaccination rate of ~100% and cases are soaring there too.
From what I understand vaccines are reducing the number of deaths, which is a good thing but some of that effect is also attributed to better treatments.
They're far less effective than advertised.

The problem governments in Europe face is that the vaccine was sold as some kind of miracle drug and they directly tied vaccination rates to the rate of freedomTM.
We were literally promised all restrictions would be lifted if more than 70% was vaccinated. So all the anti-vaxx / big reset folks have to yell is: "See, they lied. We're not getting our freedoms back even though the rate is at 85%!"
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 11:53:20 AM by Nintex »
🤴

james

« Reply #14610 on: November 17, 2021, 12:20:28 PM »
FACT CHECK: By cases soaring in Gibraltar, Nintex refers to the 79 new cases today

jorma

« Reply #14611 on: November 17, 2021, 12:31:34 PM »
FACT CHECK: By cases soaring in Gibraltar, Nintex refers to the 79 new cases today

on a population of 33k it translates to 790.000 cases in the US

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14612 on: November 17, 2021, 12:42:31 PM »
They've cancelled Christmas.
~100% vaccinated, 40% have the booster shot.

🤴

fizzel

« Reply #14613 on: November 17, 2021, 01:07:43 PM »

Enough for the Grinch to steal Christmas over there apparently.

james

« Reply #14614 on: November 17, 2021, 03:05:44 PM »
They've cancelled Christmas.
~100% vaccinated, 40% have the booster shot.

:pika

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #14615 on: November 17, 2021, 04:05:09 PM »
Should use the bubble shield more often

james

« Reply #14616 on: November 17, 2021, 06:00:12 PM »
60k in Germany...

Is this a new variant????

james

« Reply #14617 on: November 17, 2021, 08:06:34 PM »
US ticking up again. We should hit 100k next week. Thanksgiving will be a super-spreader, and we will hit 125k shortly after.

+101,657

:existential

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #14618 on: November 18, 2021, 10:29:17 AM »
60k in Germany...

Is this a new variant????

This is just Delta + seasonality, right? Not sure if we had Delta last November already. This release schedule is too hectic, can't keep track anymore
地平線

james

james

« Reply #14620 on: November 18, 2021, 04:17:44 PM »
Germany reported 18k yesterday.

Netherlands over 5k first time since July 19.

Belgium reported 6,552...the highest since November 12, 2020.

Ladies and gentlemen, brace yourselves.

Winter is coming.

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1461419584846712840

I tried to warn everyone.

And now winter is here.

:existential :existential :existential

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14621 on: November 18, 2021, 04:36:17 PM »
I went out for drinks today with co-workers and our office neighbours.
We had a group of about 15 people and went to a bar close by.

Social distancing? None
Masks? None
QR-codes? They asked us to show them but made sure to add that if we didn't want to that was okay too

The head of the ICU said it himself yesterday, the vaccines are ineffective to stop transmission.
Generally the position of most folks is that if you don't want the virus you should just stay home.
Still a lot of the elderly want the booster for which they have finally started the vaccination campaign.

Either way we will definitely end up with another lockdown either for everyone or the unvaccinated because if Germany and Belgium do it, we can't keep things open.
I'm already seeing a big uptick in German license plates in this area which is historically popular with Ze Germans. Also boomers and elderly are hoarding groceries like never before.
They know they're fucked.

Most people are done with COVID, they're more worried about the housing market (homes have become way too expensive for middle class people to buy), the soaring energy costs and inflation.

I don't think there's anything our government can do but limit the damage to their credibility, which is already 0.
If they enact a 2G society like the Germans and keep blaming the unvaccinated all they will achieve is more protest and polarization.
But that's exactly what they will do to give their boomer voters a false sense of security while the rest of us do whatever.
🤴

james

« Reply #14622 on: November 18, 2021, 04:49:15 PM »
Most people are done with COVID,
homes have become way too expensive for middle class people to buy)

Self-solving problem.

Boomer remover phase 2 activated

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14623 on: November 18, 2021, 05:12:06 PM »
anybody vaxxing their pets  ??? asking for a friend pit bull mami  :doge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #14624 on: November 19, 2021, 02:44:29 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #14625 on: November 19, 2021, 02:51:58 PM »

:what

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14626 on: November 19, 2021, 03:06:48 PM »
It's all going to shit, multiple European states are looking into links between the excess deaths and COVID vaccines.

In Austria vaccination will be mandatory starting from February.
If you're not complying, you will get a 3600 Euro fine.
If you can't pay the fine you go to jail for a month.

🤴

james

« Reply #14627 on: November 19, 2021, 03:26:20 PM »
They really need to speed up vaccines.

We need to be at 95% so Bill Gates can activate the nano-bombs and clear out 5 billion people so we can stop climate change.

Thats why I got J&J, the nano-bombs arent as effective so Ill probably live.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14629 on: November 19, 2021, 03:38:41 PM »
begun the corona wars have  :fbm

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14630 on: November 19, 2021, 03:49:26 PM »
These are not your typical Moroccan soy boys or mentally challenged Football fans either but the people working at the ports and docks who organized the protests.
Of course the other groups join in as well on a friday night when there's literally nothing to do because of the COVID curfews.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

I better get my holiday orders in before these morons grow a brain and realize a general strike at the port would paralyze the entire country and most of Europe.
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14631 on: November 19, 2021, 07:32:49 PM »

:what

IANAL but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be legally binding.
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #14632 on: November 19, 2021, 09:36:55 PM »
damn those Moroccan soy boys :stahp
(ice)

samir

« Reply #14633 on: November 20, 2021, 01:28:39 AM »
Will there be Zwarte Piet festivities this year? :-[

« Reply #14634 on: November 20, 2021, 02:13:45 AM »
Nintex you were shitting on the Moroccans for not getting vaxxed couple of months back, now you shitting on them for being soyboys that aren't rioting over the vaccine pass? Couscous munchers just can't win.

T-Short

• hooker strangler
« Reply #14635 on: November 20, 2021, 04:48:17 AM »

Now this is a mask mandate that I strongly oppose
地平線

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14636 on: November 20, 2021, 06:40:35 AM »
Nintex you were shitting on the Moroccans for not getting vaxxed couple of months back, now you shitting on them for being soyboys that aren't rioting over the vaccine pass? Couscous munchers just can't win.
This is what most liberals here would tell me, because they can't imagine the far right hooligans and Moroccans working together but they were at the riots too.
They equally hate the curfew, fireworks ban and semi-mandatory vaccinations. Not to mention the inflation, high energy costs and other hardships that are hitting the lower classes the hardest.
So those groups are now working together and have pretty much integrated their facebook and telegram channels. Because they live in the same poor neighbourhoods.
The ones with a legal occupation aren't exactly doing the type of office work you can do from home and the gangs, no matter their background find it harder to operate under these conditions.

So the liberals, progressives and conservatives in government are now shocked to see that while the police is trying to arrest Fat Henk the drug dealer for setting their car on fire Lisa is yelling at them about George Soros and the WEF and Ali the college student jumps in with a dropkick.

https://twitter.com/maurits1/status/1461814254588334082

And they will think: "Oh this was just because of the fireworks ban and bored locals" and move forward in implementing a full lockdown again or mandatory vaccination as the consultancy firms tell them to.
At which point shit hits the fan in ways they can't even imagine. Because there is also a group of people that is very worried about the virus and will feel endangered when the authorities start to lose control.

The top medical advisors assigned by our government to help them are already saying that the vaccines don't stop transmission and that not the unvaccinated but failed healthcare policies and austerity are to blame for the current situation and it will take decades to repair the damage that has been done. By now a majority agrees that our government failed. The bottom line is, they knew this was coming, they did nothing to prepare or prevent it from happening. The debate is about the cause: incompetence, unforeseen circumstances or a grand conspiracy of total population control. And the more they lose control, the more they try to cover that up with more regulations and the more it looks like a conspiracy.
🤴

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #14637 on: November 20, 2021, 07:10:39 AM »
The top medical advisors assigned by our government to help them are already saying that the vaccines don't stop transmission

They've been saying this from the start. People are just too distinguished mentally-challenged to understand that 85% (Or less with vaccines beside the mrna ones.) protection doesn't mean the virus is gone. It slows the transmission rates. If you wear fire protective clothing but you are dumb enough to lie in a fire, you will still die.

The biggest mistake the government has made is thinking people'd be smart enough to not act like complete morons.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #14638 on: November 20, 2021, 09:02:13 AM »

:hesright

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #14639 on: November 20, 2021, 11:11:36 AM »
I drove my mom to the vaccination site today for a booster shot.
She was happy with the bit of extra protection and in her case it is probably for the best.

Talked to a few folks there, one woman who worked in the hospital said that heart problems among younger people were rampant but she was unsure of the cause.
Riots were also discussed of course, most old farts side with the government on that one. Wishing they would crack down harder on any of the protests and lock up the unvaccinated.
They don't go out much so they don't really understand the desperation of the younger generations. More and more this is turning into a pandemic of the haves and have nots.

Mostly old people who have lived their full lives and wish to prolong it and young people who are trying to start living but are restricted and falling behind in every way.
🤴