Author Topic: Corona Thread |OT| Nu variant, who dis?  (Read 1074888 times)

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Re: Corona Thread |OT| We ask God Almighty to spare all humanity from all harm
« Reply #1080 on: March 06, 2020, 11:07:55 AM »
pan? lol this dude

Just rooting out the fake latinos

There are two, and only two ways to heat up tortillas

When you have time and are sober

Or microwave when you dont give a shit about life anymore but you want your bean tacos
:O

BisMarckie

« Reply #1081 on: March 06, 2020, 11:19:50 AM »
What if you have an induction cooktop?

BisMarckie

« Reply #1082 on: March 06, 2020, 11:26:38 AM »
I heat up tortillas in the oven. How offensive is that?

james

« Reply #1083 on: March 06, 2020, 11:33:19 AM »
What if you have an induction cooktop?

You kill yourself and respawn

Funny, I heat up roti that way because they inflate when you put them on direct flame but I don't do it with tortillas :trumps

My man, once get taste the char you never go back

:lawd

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1084 on: March 06, 2020, 11:34:33 AM »
:pimp

BisMarckie

« Reply #1085 on: March 06, 2020, 11:38:20 AM »

You kill yourself and respawn

I‘m not the one living in a house full of extremely flammable gas. Enjoy your propane deathtraps :smug

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1086 on: March 06, 2020, 12:39:52 PM »
I’m a little stressed by this indefinite work from home thing. I’m not expecting any of you guys to have the magic bullet, but maybe one of you can give me a little advice or talk a little sense into me.

I’m not as productive when working from home. I know I’m not going to get as much done, and currently I have a lot to do. So whenever we do go back to work, I’m going to be mega-breakdown stressed. This is as close to a guarantee as you can get. Since this is indefinite (and at least for a full week), it could potentially get really bad. I’ve had some epic breakdowns in my life, sometimes including arrests, ambulances, lots of police cars, guns, drugs, you name it, so I’m nervous whenever I can literally see one of these situations.

Ugh, I don’t know. I guess there’s no question here or anything. Just seriously feeling a lot of anxiety about this.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #1088 on: March 06, 2020, 12:54:31 PM »
Have you considered going to like a Starbucks or somewhere around people so you’d possibly be more inclined to work with more efficiently? I know this defeats the purpose of working from home and avoiding the fake plague, but it could help increase your productivity.

Alternatively, take a very embarrassing picture of yourself and share it with a friend. If you don’t meet a certain work milestone in a set time, this friend will send the embarrassing picture to your employer getting you into severe trouble at work and causing you issue. May be enough stress and fear to envelop the nervousness you’re currently experiencing so you can get back on track.

I’m trying to think of places to go now, but it’s a difficult exercise since all the decent places are going to be packed with everyone else in the same boat. I may just go to places I think would be undesirable since I’m not really concerned about the virus (yet at least). Like what would typically be the shittiest, filthiest, most crowded places, since those would be places people will avoid. Food courts? Transit stations? Hospitals? Malls? Airports?

I’m not kidding, this is the stuff in my head right now.
serge

TVC15

« Reply #1090 on: March 06, 2020, 01:06:28 PM »
You could always stay in a a really shitty motel and mentally train yourself to believe you’re on a work trip. Or have the motel manager trap you within the room until you hit your work goals.

I thought of this earlier, I might look into it. I’m glad somebody else thought it was at least semi-sane. I’m a little concerned about the price (I know nothing about prices really), but it’s a tricky value proposition to balance. I could do it for 2-3 days a week and see if I can fill in the gaps with somewhere that doesn’t cost money.

At least I have the weekend to come up with a strategy for this. I’m still in the initial ugh phase and want coffee but the coffee machine is at work.

I’m a little stressed by this indefinite work from home thing. I’m not expecting any of you guys to have the magic bullet, but maybe one of you can give me a little advice or talk a little sense into me.

I’m not as productive when working from home. I know I’m not going to get as much done, and currently I have a lot to do. So whenever we do go back to work, I’m going to be mega-breakdown stressed. This is as close to a guarantee as you can get. Since this is indefinite (and at least for a full week), it could potentially get really bad. I’ve had some epic breakdowns in my life, sometimes including arrests, ambulances, lots of police cars, guns, drugs, you name it, so I’m nervous whenever I can literally see one of these situations.

Ugh, I don’t know. I guess there’s no question here or anything. Just seriously feeling a lot of anxiety about this.

I have my own problems with WFH, and yes my ADHD is not as well controlled there. I find myself lost in distractions or doing something or forgetting what I was doing minutes ago, and i also develop a lot of anxiety about falling behind. i'm really concerned about this long stretch of remote because my productivity drop might force me to go back on meds. I have my strats, but they're all ADHD related, i dont know if they'll help but i'll just say them anyway

- Make a REAL fucking workstation. Seriously go full gamer. Comfy chair. All the telecom you need. All the screen you need. remove anything non-work related from there.
- Schedule when you can, what you can. Schedule out your work periods and break periods and what you're working on. A whiteboard really helps, a big fuckin' one with a couple colors
- Reach out to your coworkers and bosses/juniors once a day. This helps you stay connected to the workplace mentally. I need social interaction to stay engaged. My team and I do slack calls where we round up our issues and just bullshit a little about whatever.
- Drink water
- Employ distractions but keep them reasonable. It's impossible to have none so have the right ones.
- Aromatherapy. I have a diffuser with a few diff essential oils. I dont feel like this makes me more productive per se, but i find that it de-stresses me.
- Go outside during your lunch break and see the fucking sun.

In my last job i worked 100% remote for 7 months and I became really miserable because it dovetailed with some bad life stuff, so i have some experience, but I still think it sucks.

Thank you for the suggestions. I can try some of these out. Some of them sound like they may also be useful for after I move (I don’t really have room for a workstation right now :( ).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 01:10:39 PM by TVC15 »
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1091 on: March 06, 2020, 01:16:27 PM »
Have you considered going to like a Starbucks or somewhere around people so you’d possibly be more inclined to work with more efficiently? I know this defeats the purpose of working from home and avoiding the fake plague, but it could help increase your productivity.

Alternatively, take a very embarrassing picture of yourself and share it with a friend. If you don’t meet a certain work milestone in a set time, this friend will send the embarrassing picture to your employer getting you into severe trouble at work and causing you issue. May be enough stress and fear to envelop the nervousness you’re currently experiencing so you can get back on track.

I’m trying to think of places to go now, but it’s a difficult exercise since all the decent places are going to be packed with everyone else in the same boat. I may just go to places I think would be undesirable since I’m not really concerned about the virus (yet at least). Like what would typically be the shittiest, filthiest, most crowded places, since those would be places people will avoid. Food courts? Transit stations? Hospitals? Malls? Airports?

public library bb  :rejoice

Himu

« Reply #1092 on: March 06, 2020, 01:24:41 PM »
I'm starting to have a cough and there's phlegm, brehs.
IYKYK

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #1093 on: March 06, 2020, 01:26:33 PM »

public library bb  :rejoice

He said no distractions, too many sexy homeless people masturbating

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1094 on: March 06, 2020, 01:53:47 PM »
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1235942080305917953

Larry says this whole thing is safe and relatively contained and we should not overreact.
🤴

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #1095 on: March 06, 2020, 01:57:14 PM »
Honestly I feel being shirtless helps with WFH. Replicates the emotional nakedness.

I also got a $100 ikea sit-stand desk and it works well with my multimonitor setup. One big advantage is that you get a lot less of those random "can you help me with this?" requests that somehow always take 30 min to diagnose and a further 45 mins to fix/explain. Those always ruin my productivity streak but I guess if people don't see you then they forget you exist (or they just assume you'll try to dodge their emails).

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1096 on: March 06, 2020, 02:16:45 PM »

I’m trying to think of places to go now, but it’s a difficult exercise since all the decent places are going to be packed with everyone else in the same boat.

Huh... library?

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #1097 on: March 06, 2020, 02:40:08 PM »
I WFH a lot and find I am generally/overall more productive...in office there are obviously more social distractions, getting pulled into meetings/other problems, etc. I have a standing theory not more than four hours of real work get done on average per day in open-plan offices. This doesn't even factor in time wasted by commuting.

I think the main thing is settling into a routine and sticking with it. You really need to treat it like work, agree a dedicated workspace helps with this. Put yourself in a position to succeed by minimizing distractions. Set daily goals and stick to them.

Of course there are times when head's not in it or it's dead or something, but try to be 'on' way more than off.

It takes a lot of discipline though and a lot of people just aren't cut out for it. I can usually tell when certain people are working from home as their work/response times go to shit. If this virus actually opens the door to more people working from home, guarantee there will be more BS created to monitor people doing so. 

james

« Reply #1099 on: March 06, 2020, 03:36:11 PM »
Well my work has gone all out to fight Corona!

Hand washing posters in every elevator and literally 9 of them in the mens room!

kingv

« Reply #1100 on: March 06, 2020, 07:20:42 PM »
Some hoe has been walking around my city with goddamn corona for 2 weeks and I just touched my damn face.

But target had toilet paper so things are looking up.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1101 on: March 06, 2020, 07:26:27 PM »
I thought most white people have moved over to instant pot.  :lol

Just bought an Instant Pot the other day. :trumps
dog

TEEEPO

• hi, i suck

kingv

« Reply #1103 on: March 06, 2020, 07:35:05 PM »
Well my work has gone all out to fight Corona!

Hand washing posters in every elevator and literally 9 of them in the mens room!

I see you are staying safe like me.

Every time you have an urge to touch your face touch your butthole instead.

james

« Reply #1104 on: March 06, 2020, 07:51:25 PM »
Cruise fares about to drop again

21 people test positive for coronavirus on California cruise ship, out of 46 tested so far

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1106 on: March 06, 2020, 09:02:46 PM »
The corona finally hit Oklahoma.  :existential
dog

Rman

« Reply #1107 on: March 06, 2020, 09:03:48 PM »
The COVID19 stuff gives us a glimpse as Trump as a business leader.  He probably shot messengers all the time.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

bluemax

« Reply #1109 on: March 06, 2020, 09:49:33 PM »
The corona finally hit Oklahoma.  :existential

Hit Nebraska as well.

One of the higher ups on my team told us to expect corporate to issue a WFH policy over the weekend/early next week. I have only been at this job 2 months so I haven't been set up for remote work, also my work requires hardware that I don't have at home so if they don't let me back into the office I don't really know what I'll do. Gonna be fun!

I suppose the upside is I'll save money on dog daycare.
NO

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

james

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #1114 on: March 06, 2020, 11:02:24 PM »
:whew

Tripon

Bebpo

« Reply #1116 on: March 06, 2020, 11:58:07 PM »

21 people test positive for coronavirus on California cruise ship, out of 46 tested so far

So based on the past cruises, basically if one person has it on a cruise, the entire cruise ship will get it.

TVC15

« Reply #1117 on: March 07, 2020, 12:02:14 AM »

So based on the past cruises, basically if one person has it on a cruise, the entire cruise ship will get it.

From that one really bad cruise ship summer like a decade back, we learned that coprophagia is basically included in those all you can eat buffets.
serge

james

« Reply #1118 on: March 07, 2020, 12:06:26 AM »
Went to a bar tonight and there was no soap in the restroom who do i call

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #1120 on: March 07, 2020, 12:42:41 AM »
rip church, alternatively, new crusade soon

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1124 on: March 07, 2020, 05:26:26 AM »
The COVID19 stuff gives us a glimpse as Trump as a business leader.  He probably shot messengers all the time.
The Mar a Lago and his golf courses are burial sites  :thinking
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #1125 on: March 07, 2020, 06:36:47 AM »
aww yea
What

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #1126 on: March 07, 2020, 07:59:55 AM »
i love a good sick wank, but man whenever i get sick and yellow from my liver disease, is seriously cant jerk off. it stays semi at best, and i cant cum. feels bad man.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1127 on: March 07, 2020, 08:27:26 AM »
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-07/two-women-brawl-in-supermarket-over-toilet-paper/12036218

Follow link for video of bogans fighting over toilet paper.

Toilet paper shortage from coronavirus panic buying sees argument break out at Woolworths in Sydney

New South Wales Police have been called to a supermarket in Western Sydney after an argument broke out between two women over toilet paper.

The argument was captured on video, which has been viewed more than 210,000 times on Twitter.

It begins with the two women arguing in the aisle of the Woolworths in Chullora on Saturday morning, before a man who appears to be an employee steps in.

"I just want one pack!" a woman is heard saying to the other woman and her mother.

"No, not one pack," the mother of the woman responds, shielding her trolley which is full of toilet paper.

A third voice is heard asking "what's the limit?", an apparent reference to the limit on how much toilet paper can be purchased in a single transaction, imposed by supermarkets this week.

If I am ever elected supreme ruler of Australia, my first action will be to build the biggest bulldozer in the history of the world and push all of western Sydney into the harbour.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1129 on: March 07, 2020, 09:40:07 AM »
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1236065959644925953

All the old people in Congress dying off en masse because they went to AIPAC and got the corona is definitely not the twist I was expecting.
dog

Tripon

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1131 on: March 07, 2020, 10:34:19 AM »
https://twitter.com/julialindau/status/1235714275752267776

That's cool and all, but has she mentioned that to border control staff, by any chance? I'm gonna guess no.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #1133 on: March 07, 2020, 01:10:07 PM »
Wait a minute Syria gurl you are telling me that the Houthi's the various Assad and ISIS factions and Haftar don't have a health care system in place that track the spread of diseases.  ???
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #1134 on: March 07, 2020, 01:13:00 PM »
It does make sense actually, since Corona is an imported virus.
you actually need people from outside to travel to spread the virus and since nobody is traveling  to active warzones, there are no corona infections.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1135 on: March 07, 2020, 01:13:55 PM »
we need a civil war  :doge

Tripon

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #1138 on: March 07, 2020, 01:52:18 PM »

That's cool and all, but has she mentioned that to border control staff, by any chance? I'm gonna guess no.
What a cunt. People like her are the reason this shit is spreading, yet she uses it as an opportunity to bignote herself.
Spud

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #1139 on: March 07, 2020, 02:05:12 PM »

What a cunt. People like her are the reason this shit is spreading, yet she uses it as an opportunity to bignote herself.
https://twitter.com/julialindau/status/1235722391126511622