Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3136485 times)

Leadbelly

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #17400 on: June 06, 2020, 08:29:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-mayor-of-minneapolis-just-got-booted-from-todays-protest-in-an-incredible-game-of-thrones-style-walk-of-shame.221284/

For shits and giggles, REE should abolish moderators for a week - see how that goes. I mean, it's a fucking video game forum, so clearly people should be able act and behave appropriately.

But... if REE can't go a week without moderators, why assume a large city can abolish it's entire police force?

You know some people are opportunistic as fuck. If they seriously considered that (you would be crazy to) then inevitably there would be people who took advantage of it. In the same way there were people that looted because they knew they could get a brand new Samsung TV for nothing and get away with it. It is right to look for positive ways to move things forward, but don't lose your mind over it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #17401 on: June 06, 2020, 08:34:16 PM »
Ree is late to the party. Trump has been trying to dismantle the FBI, defense and state departments for the last 3 years.  :yeshrug
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17402 on: June 06, 2020, 08:42:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-mayor-of-minneapolis-just-got-booted-from-todays-protest-in-an-incredible-game-of-thrones-style-walk-of-shame.221284/

For shits and giggles, REE should abolish moderators for a week - see how that goes. I mean, it's a fucking video game forum, so clearly people should be able act and behave appropriately.

But... if REE can't go a week without moderators, why assume a large city can abolish it's entire police force?

wtf is that thread and that crowd
:picard

he literally just finished a long statement about the reforms needed, change needed from the ground up, touching on multiple aspects of the policing procedure

boiling it down to yes or no is some bullshit

you know what, he should've gone ahead with their shit, he should've said "effective immediately, all police tasks are suspended except the defense and maintenance of their equipment and buildings, for the unlikely case they are needed again someday.  They will no longer answer the phone nor help anyone with anything.  Good luck."
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17403 on: June 06, 2020, 09:02:10 PM »
MikeZ put CheaterFurry into the training mode, so that's enough to disqualify Skullgirlz at Evo for me. :kermit

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kidding or am I?
[close]

SonicFox cheated?

Might refer to this

After his sudden, decisive defeat, SonicFox appears a little rattled. In fighting games there’s a rule where if you don’t like the side you’re playing on you can ask your opponent to switch and, if they refuse, force a coin flip for the decider – and so that’s what SonicFox did.

It’s not clear what SonicFox’s intentions were. It could be that he was genuinely unhappy with the Player 2 side, but he was happy to play the first set there. “Player 1 side just puts my mind at ease because I can execute better at round start,” SonicFox explained on twitter – but many fans don’t quite buy that explanation, especially given in a fighter as frantic and fast-paced as Dragon Ball FighterZ players swap sides on-screen every couple of seconds. Starting position couldn’t feel less relevant.

Whatever SonicFox’s intent, his call for a side switch and then a coin flip when Goichi declined the initial swap caused a large delay in play. Goichi was on a roll after those rapidly played straight sets and victories, but that momentum was interrupted nicely by the five-minute delay while the rules were debated and the coin flip actioned.
https://www.vg247.com/2018/12/13/coin-toss-flipped-script-evo-2018s-dragon-ball-fighterz-grand-finals/

Not really cheating but people didn't like the mind games

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bork plays fighting games, he knows.
[close]

@Bork: Did I stutter when I said "CheaterFurry?"

Was glad to get that refresher, thanks HaughtyFrank.  :)

I remember watching that.  Wasn't cheating, but still some bad shit.
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #17404 on: June 06, 2020, 09:50:01 PM »

wtf is that thread and that crowd
:picard

he literally just finished a long statement about the reforms needed, change needed from the ground up, touching on multiple aspects of the policing procedure

boiling it down to yes or no is some bullshit

you know what, he should've gone ahead with their shit, he should've said "effective immediately, all police tasks are suspended except the defense and maintenance of their equipment and buildings, for the unlikely case they are needed again someday.  They will no longer answer the phone nor help anyone with anything.  Good luck."

It was a bit funny to see a guy in my timeline, who's been nothing but ACAB all week, retweet a police department which was looking for that bicycle guy who assaulted some teens.

The police deserves all the shit they're getting but abolishing or completely defunding them seems like a bad way to solve it.

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #17405 on: June 06, 2020, 11:25:01 PM »
User Banned (2 weeks): Objectifying women

bryce got that jungle booty thiccness

Easy, Bryce is thicc goddess.

And yet, not banned?

:whatsthedeal

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-promise-you-cant-tell-the-difference-between-jessica-chastain-and-bryce-howard-salads.220579/
Fish<

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #17406 on: June 06, 2020, 11:48:09 PM »
User Banned (2 weeks): Objectifying women

bryce got that jungle booty thiccness

Easy, Bryce is thicc goddess.

And yet, not banned?

:whatsthedeal

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-promise-you-cant-tell-the-difference-between-jessica-chastain-and-bryce-howard-salads.220579/

what a gross thread. I'm calling cerium right now.

:brain

BikeJesus

« Reply #17407 on: June 07, 2020, 02:51:24 AM »
All I can say is that it's going to feel really, really fucking awkward being at the Harry Potter lands at the Universal parks

BikeJesus

« Reply #17408 on: June 07, 2020, 03:16:36 AM »
Anyone who accidentally drops their prefabricated dead distinguished black fellow joke on stream, in the presence of a black person, does much worse off cam with only their white friends around them.

Stop it with the "bad joke" shit. There's levels and this mofo just ascended to supreme being.

His black "friends" just got a glimpse and will need time to process things, to put the pieces together for themselves. Godspeed to them.

When he calls the joke "too soon", he didn't mean to make publicly, he meant to make when there are no minorities around. He stumbled into the joke on stream (the other dude making the "suffocating" comment made it click into his mind) and couldn't stop himself, but he actually had that one in the pocket for his other dickhead friends to laugh at privately.

I'm sorry but good people don't make racist look at that dead distinguished black fellow jokes. Again, the fact that it could slip out given the context of the situation should say a lot. The fact that he didn't even recognize wrongdoing immediately says a lot too.

He watched the video of George Floyd dying and found humor in the white man choking him to death. That's powerful stuff to digest.

From a mod! MikeZ got ree seeing red.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #17409 on: June 07, 2020, 09:20:42 AM »
It's amazing how much empty posturing these people do on an hourly basis

https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-does-defund-the-police-mean.221383/

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17410 on: June 07, 2020, 10:10:13 AM »

as usual they can't come up with the fucking terminology to get people behind their ideas

they link twitter threads like this and you read it and it's like oh ok so what you actually mean is, solve literally every other first world problem so that the police are no longer necessary

while we're at it let's abolish education, no that doesn't mean stop teaching the kids, it means make everyone smart enough so that education is no longer necessary

Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17412 on: June 07, 2020, 11:16:33 AM »

as usual they can't come up with the fucking terminology to get people behind their ideas

they link twitter threads like this and you read it and it's like oh ok so what you actually mean is, solve literally every other first world problem so that the police are no longer necessary

while we're at it let's abolish education, no that doesn't mean stop teaching the kids, it means make everyone smart enough so that education is no longer necessary

(Image removed from quote.)

like that noname thread from yesterday where she says "white people you better be onboard with forfeiture and seizure of your assets to black people if you want to listen to my music" and most of the thread are well ackshuallying how what they said isn't what they meant.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17413 on: June 07, 2020, 11:38:24 AM »
Anyone who accidentally drops their prefabricated dead distinguished black fellow joke on stream, in the presence of a black person, does much worse off cam with only their white friends around them.

Stop it with the "bad joke" shit. There's levels and this mofo just ascended to supreme being.

His black "friends" just got a glimpse and will need time to process things, to put the pieces together for themselves. Godspeed to them.

When he calls the joke "too soon", he didn't mean to make publicly, he meant to make when there are no minorities around. He stumbled into the joke on stream (the other dude making the "suffocating" comment made it click into his mind) and couldn't stop himself, but he actually had that one in the pocket for his other dickhead friends to laugh at privately.

I'm sorry but good people don't make racist look at that dead distinguished black fellow jokes. Again, the fact that it could slip out given the context of the situation should say a lot. The fact that he didn't even recognize wrongdoing immediately says a lot too.

He watched the video of George Floyd dying and found humor in the white man choking him to death. That's powerful stuff to digest.

From a mod! MikeZ got ree seeing red.

This is some lighthouse levels of projection. It wasn't a "dead distinguished black fellow" joke. It's gallows humour.

You might not agree or like it, but its a pretty common coping mechanism.
Literally pick any tragedy that's occurred and there's day 0 jokes about it. Often by people closest to it.

That fucking guy challenging John Kerry at a university 'town hall'became the Don't Tase Me, Bro meme

Leadbelly

« Reply #17414 on: June 07, 2020, 11:51:46 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

It comes across to me as more of a retroactive thing. Because 'abolish the police' sounds more like a vent to me rather than a serious suggestion. You get a really emotionally charged incident and people react emotionally to it in the heat of the moment. Perhaps then you have a bunch of activists who are automatically onboard with everything they are hearing because they think it shows solidarity or something. Then people start to question it. Simple questions like, "what happens when there is a car accident on the motorway. Who deals with it?". And then you have activists who are like, "well it doesn't actually mean abolish the police".

That's what I think happens. They retroactively make the terminology seem more reasonable than it actually was originally.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #17415 on: June 07, 2020, 12:01:32 PM »
Or maybe they just read "abolish da police" in some random ass trending twitter shite and they have no fucking clue what that word actually means.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17416 on: June 07, 2020, 12:08:17 PM »
similar to "defund the police"

defund means cut off all sources of funding

"reduce funding" or "cut budgets" isn't as fun to say  ::)
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17417 on: June 07, 2020, 12:34:18 PM »
JKR really wrote a series including a species (metamorphagi) who can change any aspect of their body at will but hates trans people... the brain worms...

Anyway a not entirely comprehensive list of the absolute rancid garbage in the Harry Potter series that means "haha it came from Hatsune Miku/space" doesn't work because her shitty viewpoints permeate the writing (note: I'm not saying you can't enjoy HP! But you have to think critically about it ESPECIALLY knowing that JKR is TERF garbage):
  • Hook-nosed greedy goblin bankers
  • The one Irish character is named Seamus Finnegan and is constantly blowing shit up
  • The one important east Asian character is called Cho Chang which is really the most "generic Asian name because they're all the same right?" ever
  • Cho is treated like a crazy hysterical lunatic for the horrible crime of...being a 16 year old girl who is grieving for her murdered boyfriend
  • House-elves are a species that exist to be enslaved and they LOVE being enslaved. Being freed from enslavement makes them extremely depressed (see Winky in GoF)
  • Hermione's campaign to end aforementioned slavery is treated as a joke with Harry and Ron, our other two "heroes", doing nothing but rolling their eyes at her and talking about how annoying she is
  • Werewolves = HIV. Fenrir Greyback is a werewolf who loves infecting as many children as he can
  • Dumbledore and Grindelwald (aka proto-Wizard Hitler) were boyfriends??? Don't expect to see this in the actual books though, because JKR wants Woke Points without risk of backlash
  • The treatment of Slytherin house in general. "Don't judge people by the groups they belong to! Unless they're Slytherins in which case they're guaranteed to be evil" aka demonisation of literal children
  • Similarly Slytherin as indoctrination to the Death Eaters is never addressed and is just allowed to foster even by supposed "heroic" characters
  • Voldmort is evil because he was born of rape. Okay.
  • Snape, the man who terrorised children, including the son of his supposed "true love" (because HUEGHHGHEG he looks like his dad who was MEAN TO MEEEEE anyway I'm a wizard Nazi who insulted her with racial slurs but let's not talk about that) gets a redemption arc. "Albus Severus Potter, you were named for two of the bravest men I ever knew" BARF!!! What the fuck!!!
  • Umbridge, while thoroughly evil, is implied to be raped as "punishment" for her crimes. Feminism!
  • Harry dreams of nothing more than becoming a Wizard Cop and his becoming one is treated like a happy ending despite it being a) bootlicking nonsense and b) a complete contradiction to the themes set up in the series
  • In general Harry remains a passive observer and is totally cool with the status quo of isolationism, racism, blood purity and LITERAL CHATTEL SLAVERY and never does anything to change it
I probably missed stuff, feel free to add more. But yeah these books aren't like Minecraft which is devoid of its creator's shitty views. HP is STEEPED in JKR's bullshit.

My familiarity with Harry Potter is basically down to whatever I've gleaned via cultural osmosis, but I'm pretty fucking sure this list is mostly bitch-eating-crackers horseshit

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #17418 on: June 07, 2020, 12:41:12 PM »
JKR really wrote a series including a species (metamorphagi) who can change any aspect of their body at will but hates trans people... the brain worms...

Anyway a not entirely comprehensive list of the absolute rancid garbage in the Harry Potter series that means "haha it came from Hatsune Miku/space" doesn't work because her shitty viewpoints permeate the writing (note: I'm not saying you can't enjoy HP! But you have to think critically about it ESPECIALLY knowing that JKR is TERF garbage):
  • The one Irish character is named Seamus Finnegan and is constantly blowing shit up
  • The one important east Asian character is called Cho Chang which is really the most "generic Asian name because they're all the same right?" ever
  • Cho is treated like a crazy hysterical lunatic for the horrible crime of...being a 16 year old girl who is grieving for her murdered boyfriend
  • House-elves are a species that exist to be enslaved and they LOVE being enslaved. Being freed from enslavement makes them extremely depressed (see Winky in GoF)
  • Hermione's campaign to end aforementioned slavery is treated as a joke with Harry and Ron, our other two "heroes", doing nothing but rolling their eyes at her and talking about how annoying she is
  • Werewolves = HIV. Fenrir Greyback is a werewolf who loves infecting as many children as he can
  • Dumbledore and Grindelwald (aka proto-Wizard Hitler) were boyfriends??? Don't expect to see this in the actual books though, because JKR wants Woke Points without risk of backlash
  • The treatment of Slytherin house in general. "Don't judge people by the groups they belong to! Unless they're Slytherins in which case they're guaranteed to be evil" aka demonisation of literal children
  • Similarly Slytherin as indoctrination to the Death Eaters is never addressed and is just allowed to foster even by supposed "heroic" characters
  • Snape, the man who terrorised children, including the son of his supposed "true love" (because HUEGHHGHEG he looks like his dad who was MEAN TO MEEEEE anyway I'm a wizard Nazi who insulted her with racial slurs but let's not talk about that) gets a redemption arc. "Albus Severus Potter, you were named for two of the bravest men I ever knew" BARF!!! What the fuck!!!
  • Umbridge, while thoroughly evil, is implied to be raped as "punishment" for her crimes. Feminism!
  • Harry dreams of nothing more than becoming a Wizard Cop and his becoming one is treated like a happy ending despite it being a) bootlicking nonsense and b) a complete contradiction to the themes set up in the series
  • In general Harry remains a passive observer and is totally cool with the status quo of isolationism, racism, blood purity and LITERAL CHATTEL SLAVERY and never does anything to change it
I probably missed stuff, feel free to add more. But yeah these books aren't like Minecraft which is devoid of its creator's shitty views. HP is STEEPED in JKR's bullshit.

My familiarity with Harry Potter is basically down to whatever I've gleaned via cultural osmosis, but I'm pretty fucking sure this list is mostly bitch-eating-crackers horseshit

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17419 on: June 07, 2020, 12:42:58 PM »
similar to "defund the police"

defund means cut off all sources of funding

"reduce funding" or "cut budgets" isn't as fun to say  ::)

I demand a full defund ! :karen
ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #17420 on: June 07, 2020, 12:47:54 PM »
.  Ok you lose me here.... Slytherins aren't real. She basically said here's a Nazi house. You should hate them. They literally live up to their rep. Because she's a hack writer, but to then turn Slytherins into an oppressed group please.

The flaw is that SLytherin is allowed to exist not that they're misrepresented

Almost a moment of self realization for Incelsior, almost...

Leadbelly

« Reply #17421 on: June 07, 2020, 12:50:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/terf-jk-rowling-continues-to-be-a-hateful-bigot.221245/post-36116608

The guilty by association trick they pull always gets me. Just because someone retweeted her from the 'other side' doesn't make her wrong by default. I've mentioned this before. It's as if you must determine whatever it is you believe on any given subject by whether 'the right' agree with you or not. That's a terrible way to form your opinions.

Leadbelly

« Reply #17422 on: June 07, 2020, 01:17:34 PM »
What happens in the interim period if police forces are abolished in total?

One of the problems with the way the police operate in the US is the fact that more people are armed in the US than anywhere else in the world. Every incident has to approached as if the suspect is armed. Every encounter is potentially dangerous. Seems like a high stress job to me. So much so, that you wonder why anyone would want to be a police officer to begin with.

I've read arguments, particularly on RE, where they suggest getting rid of police pensions and other things. It comes across as punishment to all police officers for the actions of a few. I will say, I am not suggesting there shouldn't be some kind of reform, but the sort of extrapolation that is happening I can see backfiring badly. And I say that because policing in the US is not an easy job to begin with.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17423 on: June 07, 2020, 01:18:38 PM »
...are you saying that some of the worlds biggest metropolises should have no police, or are you saying their existing police forces should be replaced:doge

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #17424 on: June 07, 2020, 01:22:03 PM »
maybe i'm oversimplifying, but doesn't a militarised police force go together with a militarised population?

gun companies can't believe their luck at how lightly they're getting out of all this. activision will have a nice black and white twitter message, but they wouldn't say shit that might compromise getting the official licences for their next CoD.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #17425 on: June 07, 2020, 01:23:44 PM »
You have to ask yourself.
Do you want the NYPD reformed or do you want the former NYPD cops under the leadership of Rudy and Don Jr. fighting rival gangs on the streets?

Those wise guys want to run shit like Goodfellas.  :doge
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #17426 on: June 07, 2020, 01:28:07 PM »
Here’s the thing abolishing the police would just lead to what ever the replacement being outsourced to the private sector, which will be 10x worse :trumps

In America they’ll outsource to black water who will in turn hire most of the cops back anyway :ohhh
(ice)

Coffee Dog

« Reply #17427 on: June 07, 2020, 01:32:04 PM »
I don't actually think that slashing the police's budget to ribbons is going to harm their ability to do their jobs. The police still have numbers and a bunch of guns either way, and you don't need more than that to deal with domestic threats unless you believe that an organized legion of 2nd Amendment rednecks are going to strike en masse with AR-15s.

One of the problems with the way the police operate in the US is the fact that more people are armed in the US than anywhere else in the world. Every incident has to approached as if the suspect is armed. Every encounter is potentially dangerous. Seems like a high stress job to me. So much so, that you wonder why anyone would want to be a police officer to begin with.

I've read arguments, particularly on RE, where they suggest getting rid of police pensions and other things. It comes across as punishment to all police officers for the actions of a few. I will say, I am not suggesting there shouldn't be some kind of reform, but the sort of extrapolation that is happening I can see backfiring badly. And I say that because policing in the US is not an easy job to begin with.
It's the actions of the vast majority though, not a few. The organization is the problem, so I don't mind being a little punitive.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #17428 on: June 07, 2020, 01:32:30 PM »

All hail Persephone the queen of media analysis. "Werewolves = HIV"

Boredfrom

« Reply #17429 on: June 07, 2020, 01:41:53 PM »
...are you saying that some of the worlds biggest metropolises should have no police, or are you saying their existing police forces should be replaced:doge

Pretty sure he is saying the second.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17430 on: June 07, 2020, 02:11:48 PM »

Pretty sure he is saying the second.

then why didn't he actually say those specific words
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17431 on: June 07, 2020, 02:16:04 PM »

um excuse me minecraft is steeped in colonialism, the belief that it's ok to rape the natural environment to fit your own whims, construct monstrosities and mechanisms to kill and process innocent animals en masse

early on one of the only human enemies was the witch...a woman, of course, because women are evil  ::)

creepers represent a deep conservative fear that danger from the "other" could be lurking around every corner, that some minority will creep up behind you and "explode," necessitating arming yourself and building up defenses

it's a disgusting game that is fully representative of its creator's views  :yuck
Uncle

Leadbelly

« Reply #17432 on: June 07, 2020, 02:19:20 PM »
I don't actually think that slashing the police's budget to ribbons is going to harm their ability to do their jobs. The police still have numbers and a bunch of guns either way, and you don't need more than that to deal with domestic threats unless you believe that an organized legion of 2nd Amendment rednecks are going to strike en masse with AR-15s.

It's the actions of the vast majority though, not a few. The organization is the problem, so I don't mind being a little punitive.

This may or may not be true. One thing I notice though is a lot of assertions are being made. Look, the way I see it, if you start punishing the police by reducing their wages and removing their pension, there are inevitably going to be many police officers who feel they are unfairly being made culpable for the actions of a few police officers. And I can see that backfiring badly. And you don't want police officers who feel their safety is being compromised as a result of drastic defunding.

I mean, as I said before, who the fuck wants to be a police officer anyway? That job could become increasingly unattractive over coming months and years. What needs to happen is reform, and that reform should come in the form of better practices and procedures that ensure police officers operate within the law. What it shouldn't come as is a form of retribution. You want the police on your side on this.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17433 on: June 07, 2020, 03:04:03 PM »
All hail Persephone the queen of media analysis. "Werewolves = HIV"

So turning that same critical lens against Persephone, what do we know about them based on what they have written?

If you asked people what virus they would be worried about catching right now, they're gonna say corona virus.

So why does Persephone focus on HIV, a disease that disproportionately affects homosexual men?
Is it because they equate reckless and predatory behaviour against minors with gay men? Because that sure sounds like textbook homophobia to me, equating gay men with paedophiles.

Persephone is a homophobe

Coffee Dog

« Reply #17434 on: June 07, 2020, 03:21:28 PM »

This may or may not be true. One thing I notice though is a lot of assertions are being made. Look, the way I see it, if you start punishing the police by reducing their wages and removing their pension, there are inevitably going to be many police officers who feel they are unfairly being made culpable for the actions of a few police officers. And I can see that backfiring badly. And you don't want police officers who feel their safety is being compromised as a result of drastic defunding.
And what, they'll start wilding out and brutalizing people on the job? I want those people off the force. Cops can make do without massive funding and those who feel they need bearcats and soundwave cannons to feel safe protecting their community can go work somewhere that's easier on their nerves rather than be in charge of people's lives.

I mean, as I said before, who the fuck wants to be a police officer anyway? That job could become increasingly unattractive over coming months and years. What needs to happen is reform, and that reform should come in the form of better practices and procedures that ensure police officers operate within the law. What it shouldn't come as is a form of retribution. You want the police on your side on this.

I don't really have a problem with policing being an unattractive job. I'm not saying start paying them minimum wage (it should pay really damn well), but it's long hours of dangerous work that you do in the name of the community that's paying your check, and now ideally you will be held accountable for your behaviour through your body cam. it's inherently unattractive. If people become afraid to join the police force because they're afraid of things like not being able to launch explosives at terrorist antifa mobs, or being held accountable, then that's a win for the community.

The police are going to be on the side of the public whether they like it or not; if they aren't then it only strengthens the case for dramatic reform. There's no win condition for them if they say "cut my funding and I'll just start shooting whoever the fuck", we've already hit that point.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 04:09:48 PM by Coffee Dog »

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #17435 on: June 07, 2020, 03:40:53 PM »
your proposal makes jaydub get hard.

Boredfrom

« Reply #17436 on: June 07, 2020, 03:43:01 PM »
At the “MikeZ fucked up thread”:

Quote from: Slayven
Freaking wild that thread is now giving dude a pass because of empathy, when none of this would be a conversation if he had a shread of that empathy. This is the systematic part of systematic racism "We agree this is bad, but we need to let it slide for the greater good". World would be a better place if folks can just stop right before "but". How come that greater good involves recongizing black, or brown, or LGBTQ humanity? The dude prep and loaded a verbal piss stream on the corpse of a dead person of color. Yet folks couldn't wait to cape for him for the "community", well he just told that community they ain't shit but amusement for him(not only in the intial joke, but the first apology), how about we talk about that?

. I know right, I know if I was part of that community I would ask better from the leads of it.

:doge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17437 on: June 07, 2020, 03:43:45 PM »
Defund Cerium
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #17438 on: June 07, 2020, 03:54:05 PM »
.  He made a dead nword joke, during historic civil rights protests. That transcend all communities, society as a whole has been condemning this the last 2 weeks. Why should he not be held to the same standard?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mikez-lead-designer-of-skullgirls-makes-an-i-cant-breathe-joke-on-stream.220534/page-16#post-36123517

Go fuck yourself Slayven, you know he didn’t meant it to be a racist joke. You are such a piece of shit.

Leadbelly

« Reply #17440 on: June 07, 2020, 04:25:58 PM »

And what, they'll start wilding out and brutalizing people on the job? I want those people off the force. Cops can make do without massive funding and those who feel they need bearcats and soundwave cannons to feel safe protecting their community can go work somewhere that's easier on their nerves rather than be in charge of people's lives.

I don't really have a problem with policing being an unattractive job. I'm not saying start paying them minimum wage (it should pay really damn well), but it's long hours of dangerous work that you do in the name of the community that's paying your check, and now ideally you will be held accountable for your behaviour through your body cam. it's inherently unattractive. If people become afraid to join the police force because they're afraid of things like not being able to launch explosives at terrorist antifa mobs, or being held accountable, then that's a win for the community.

The police are going to be on the side of the public whether they like it or not; if they aren't then it only strengthens the case for dramatic reform. There's no win condition for them if they say "cut my funding and I'll just start shooting whoever the fuck", we've already hit that point.

They could simply be less thorough in their jobs. Their priorities might change. They might patrol less in problem areas for instance. Some might see that as a good thing. However, in high crime areas, you need the police. You need a police presence. You don't want the cost of engagement becoming too high.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17441 on: June 07, 2020, 04:26:27 PM »
we all know how distasteful era find making fun of dead people, as you will remember from many READ STAFF POST obituary threads

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17442 on: June 07, 2020, 04:34:08 PM »
ONLY RACISTS FIND THIS FUNNY

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #17443 on: June 07, 2020, 04:50:10 PM »
We cancelling everyone out 'ere
https://www.resetera.com/threads/reggie-posts-controversial-tweet-regarding-current-political-climate-police-brutality.221665/
Nintendo is a very conservative company and Reggie seemed quite conservative himself.  :idont
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #17444 on: June 07, 2020, 04:52:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/reggie-posts-controversial-tweet-regarding-current-political-climate-police-brutality.221665/

Are they now mad that not everyone is adopting ACAB? Maybe that black police chief is doing good things?

Edit:

I retract my statement

https://twitter.com/daeshikjr/status/1269326575180214272
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 05:25:27 PM by HaughtyFrank »

paprikastaude

« Reply #17445 on: June 07, 2020, 05:13:35 PM »

whew, thank god this Uncle Sam isn't at Nintendo anymore, otherwise I'd almost have to boycott the next Mario game (probably not the next Zelda though, I mean everybody makes mistakes).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 05:24:57 PM by Spieler1 »

paprikastaude

« Reply #17446 on: June 07, 2020, 05:28:14 PM »
Quote from: Greywaren, post: 36135319, member: 58589

Never meet your heroes, I guess. Sad to hear this is his stance, but I'm not surprised seeing his position.

:neogaf

I'm and adult and my hero is a toy sales man.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #17447 on: June 07, 2020, 06:40:56 PM »
they called Reggie black ??? That’s a bit awkward. 

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #17448 on: June 07, 2020, 06:50:54 PM »
He is angling to be the new GOP head

Maybe I've missed something but as far as I know does walking with blm protesters not mix well with the gop

Snoopycat_

« Reply #17449 on: June 07, 2020, 07:01:04 PM »

Go fuck yourself Slayven, you know he didn’t meant it to be a racist joke. You are such a piece of shit.

Expecting Slayven to know the difference between racist and not racist is a bit of a stretch. Ask the motherfucker to spell Spiderman and he might get it after 20 attempts and a long nap.

Boredfrom

« Reply #17450 on: June 07, 2020, 08:31:07 PM »
Man, I forgot how stupid Platy is:

Quote from: Platy
.  He says like it is a problem.

We deserve black supremacy for so much systematic racism we did to black people

https://www.resetera.com/threads/terry-crews-says-defeating-white-supremacy-without-white-people-creates-black-supremacy.221824/page-2#post-36149737

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17451 on: June 07, 2020, 08:31:18 PM »
era's abolish the police rallying cry has centered around holding up Camden NJ as a good example of what can happen

ex:

Quote from: KoopaTheCasual
LETS GOOOO!

Two down, countless more to go!

Quote from: Yaboosh
Yes but that's the key point. What is the implementation.

This all feels very vague.

They'll probably look at Camden, NJ as a model.

The header says "reform" but the actual title says "remade" which is way more accurate:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-06-04/how-camden-new-jersey-reformed-its-police-department

They defunded and dissolved their local PD and completely replaced it. And what do you know? Crime went waaaaaay down, and they've had super peaceful demonstrations this past week. I'm glad more papers and news orgs are holding them up as an example to follow.

Quote from: ZOONAMI
Quote from: WhovianGamer
I can’t believe people actually want to defund the police? I can get behind reducing the funding - some forces are monumentally overcompensated - but removing funding altogether would lead to outright anarchy.
Look at what Camden NJ did. They actually did completely shred their city police union contract and replaced it with a community policing model through the county. Violent crime went waaaaaaay down as a direct result. Camden was once consistently at the top of the homicide and violent crime per capita lists. Now it's doing quite well.

except...

if you actually read the article...

The transformation began after the 2012 homicide spike. The department wanted to put more officers on patrol but couldn’t afford to hire more, partly because of generous union contracts. So in 2013, the mayor and city council dissolved the local PD and signed an agreement for the county to provide shared services. The new county force is double the size of the old one, and officers almost exclusively patrol the city. (They were initially nonunion but have since unionized.) Increasing the head count was a trust-building tactic, says Thomson, who served as chief throughout the transition: Daily, noncrisis interactions between residents and cops went up. Police also got de-escalation training and body cameras, and more cameras and devices to detect gunfire were installed around the city.

While many departments define “reasonable” force in the line of duty vaguely, Camden’s definition is much clearer. The department adopted an 18-page use-of-force policy in 2019, developed with New York University’s Policing Project. The rules emphasize that de-escalation has to come first. Deadly force—such as a chokehold or firing a gun—can only be used in certain situations, once every other tactic has been exhausted. “It requires that force is not only reasonable and necessary, but that it’s proportionate,” says Farhang Heydari, executive director of the Policing Project. Most important, “they’re requirements. They’re not suggestions.”

An officer who sees a colleague violating the edict must intervene; the department can fire any officer it finds acted out of line. By the department’s account, reports of excessive force complaints in Camden have dropped 95% since 2014.

Like most matters of policing, however, Camden’s success story isn’t that simple. Members of the police force are now more likely to live in the suburbs than in the city of Camden, according to the local NAACP chapter. “Ninety percent of Camden’s population is minority—we have a lot of young individuals who don’t look like us that are getting these jobs,” says Kevin Barfield, the chapter president.

The higher number of officers on the streets was uncomfortable at first, says Nyeema Watson, Rutgers University at Camden’s associate chancellor for civic engagement, who helped connect the new department to local youth in its early days. “You felt that this eye was on you. It took me some time to adjust to having [police] cars stationed on major thoroughfares,” she says. “That still raises the hair on my neck sometimes, but I know their approach is an attempt to say ‘We’re here, we’re visible.’ ”

In a 2015 report, the American Civil Liberties Union praised Camden for its reforms but noted a “significant increase in low-level arrests and summonses.” The department says it’s mindful of overpursuing petty offenses. “We know when we police a city that has 30% of the residents under the poverty line, a $400 speeding ticket or ticket in general would be absolutely devastating financially,” says Dan Keashen, a spokesman for the Camden County Police Department.

Community organizer Ayinde Merrill and other activists are pushing to create a civilian review board for cases in which force is used. Merrill says the May 30 march felt co-opted by police and city leaders: “We didn’t feel as though the police were truly standing with us. If you’re truly standing with us, come and march with us in plain clothes.”

- they didn't "defund," they closed the local PD and rely completely on county officers which the city has a contract with

- it's not community policing at all, judging by the closing comment about civilians trying to create a review board (they wouldn't need to if it was some form of civvie policing), it's a literal normal police department

- they have lots of training on deescalation and strict rules on how much force can be used, you know, those things you read about on era that never really work, DELETE THE POLICE

- in spite of this they still have issues with the police mostly living in the suburbs and not being from the poorer inner city

- I can find no articles that state that Camden gave up military grade equipment, though of course with deescalation a priority they wouldn't be out there using it

Camden is actually a massive success story, they went from being the murder capital to a 40% drop in violent crime and as it says above reduced police complaints 95%

but they did it through reform, and doubling their police force, not eliminating it

so hey we have an example of what works, good job era highlighting that more police is the solution
 :rejoice
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 08:38:14 PM by Uncle »
Uncle

zepblackstar

« Reply #17452 on: June 07, 2020, 08:50:04 PM »
web warriors don't realize all the police have to do is catch blueflu for about week and defund the police goes to call the police real quick especially when people on the force casually let it slip beforehand to other people

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17453 on: June 07, 2020, 09:12:09 PM »
Mike Z says something offensive and there's a thread shitting all over him and calling for Skullgirls to be pulled from Evo.

J.K. Rowling says something offensive and they're shitting all over her in Off-Topic, yet on the gaming side, there's a thread of people getting hyped up for a rumored Harry Potter RPG.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 09:23:01 PM by bork »
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17455 on: June 07, 2020, 09:31:03 PM »
era's demands on society, on celebs, on anyone behaving the way they don't like, vs. normal people

permanent era mood

Uncle

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
Fish<

Borealis

« Reply #17457 on: June 07, 2020, 11:09:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-capcoms-dead-rising-studio-fell-apart-game-history-secrets.221626/

What should be a discussion about Capcom Vancouver and poor dev leadership etc. devolves into console wars bullshit started by a Knack avatar mod.

:snoop

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #17458 on: June 07, 2020, 11:24:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-capcoms-dead-rising-studio-fell-apart-game-history-secrets.221626/

What should be a discussion about Capcom Vancouver and poor dev leadership etc. devolves into console wars bullshit started by a Knack avatar mod.

:snoop

It still cracks me up that Microsoft paid for Dead Rising 3 while Sony paid for Street Fighter V.

Talk about backing the wrong horse.

Er-Both were pretty successful for Capcom? Dead Rising a little less so, but 3 made enough money for them to bankroll (with MS's funding) 4.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #17459 on: June 08, 2020, 12:40:09 AM »
I’m shocked we haven’t seen a Kylo gif yet of him saying “let the past die” with all these statues being torn down.