Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3136236 times)

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #17460 on: June 08, 2020, 02:25:35 AM »
I’m shocked we haven’t seen a Kylo gif yet of him saying “let the past die” with all these statues being torn down.

Probably good that it hasn't. Star Wars turns any thread over there into a complete fuck fest.

Wait a second... that's all the threads there. Nevermind, carry on.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #17461 on: June 08, 2020, 06:00:59 AM »
Malcolm H's attempt to ingratiate himself with the BCT is hilarious.

The TLDR is - call out racism, attempt to educate the people around you when they say some wack shit.

Hobbes thinks the BCT are so dumb all he needs to do is watch Fresh Prince

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #17462 on: June 08, 2020, 06:03:21 AM »
Everyone's a gangsta until Hobbes comes around.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #17463 on: June 08, 2020, 06:53:51 AM »
The sad thing is we're running out of minority groups for him to giant dad

benita

« Reply #17464 on: June 08, 2020, 07:40:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pics-that-make-you-laugh-ot-2020-nobody-else-volunteered.162321/post-36075946

I can actually relate since I got crabs recently lol (before the lockdown)

:aweshum

Quite the humblebrag

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #17466 on: June 08, 2020, 09:06:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-is-racism-are-you-racist.222007/

:era
So the best way to fight racism?

Find racists, and hurt their feelings as bad as you possibly can without endangering yourself. Humiliation is a very powerful tool, and it is exceptionally effective on this type of group (ie, why they hate being called racist more than they hate racism).

:expert ree knows all about that

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17468 on: June 08, 2020, 09:15:43 AM »

Think of racism like the Christian idea of "being born into sin." You start from a baseline of bad. You take actions to work toward your redemption.

It's actually pretty great how they compare themselves to orthodox catholicism; dogma based, hierachical belief system where interpretations are handed down like law and questioning those interpretations are treated as heretical.

The concept of "Original Sin" isn't universal, and is most often used as a weapon to bludgeon people into obedience and submission, all the while tithing money from the sheep to make the leaders rich.
:hmm

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #17469 on: June 08, 2020, 09:19:01 AM »
If you're on Era, odds are you've already got all the skills you need to be a much better bully than a racist. You're already smarter, more clever, more forward thinking, more inventive, likely younger and more knowledgable. Even if you're outnumbered 100 to 1, it's like LeBron playing against 100 fifth-graders.

:maduro

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #17470 on: June 08, 2020, 09:49:13 AM »
If you're on Era, odds are you've already got all the skills you need to be a much better bully than a racist. You're already smarter, more clever, more forward thinking, more inventive, likely younger and more knowledgable. Even if you're outnumbered 100 to 1, it's like LeBron playing against 100 fifth-graders.

:maduro

All the necessary skills except knowing how to wipe your own ass, apparently.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #17471 on: June 08, 2020, 09:57:42 AM »
No era have the skills to bully mentally ill people to suicide, they do not however have the skills to bully anyone else, they will however try and ruin you financially.

Well they don't because cancel culture is totally not real and a tactic they're totally not currently using on Skull girls at Evo.

Urinals

« Reply #17472 on: June 08, 2020, 10:40:48 AM »

you know you made a great post for people to rally behind when half of the posts in the thread are you trying to clarify and defend what you meant

Merch

« Reply #17473 on: June 08, 2020, 10:42:11 AM »
If killing 6+ million Jewish people in Europe was the worst crime against humanity you could imagine, wait until you hear about the generations of torture and death white America has applied to black America.
:usacry

Ghoul

« Reply #17474 on: June 08, 2020, 10:42:29 AM »
"Black people can be racist" Oh OP you're so dead.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17475 on: June 08, 2020, 10:58:50 AM »
What is prejudice, and how is it different?

Prejudice is the action of making assumptions about people based on their identity.

oh it's not racist to say "all black people be like this but all asian people be like this"

that's not racist it's PREJUDICED

thanks for clearing that up era  :heart
Uncle

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #17476 on: June 08, 2020, 11:01:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-capcoms-dead-rising-studio-fell-apart-game-history-secrets.221626/

What should be a discussion about Capcom Vancouver and poor dev leadership etc. devolves into console wars bullshit started by a Knack avatar mod.

:snoop

Man, watching that video: The "reboot" wouldn't have been Dead Rising (so Capcom is justified to be horrified by the work that was put into that), but the concept art is so good that if Capcom said "ok, this isn't Dead Rising, but we'll retitle it" I do think MS would've had the "Last of Us" competitor it was looking for.

Also there is a ton of movie references ("It's like Firefly/Serenity! It's like Sicaro!") in this that makes me think that Capcom Vancouver really couldn't pull off half the shit they wanted to do anyway, so it's no wonder Capcom axed a lot of the prototypes (and the Last of Us reboot Dead Rising probably would've been as junk as DR3/4). Talk about missing your target audience/series fans expectations completely.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17477 on: June 08, 2020, 11:08:38 AM »
Looks like Mike Z can rest easy- another FGC member is getting canceled.  Jason Axelrod, owner of the site 8wayrun.

https://twitter.com/8wayrun/status/1269704791976038406
https://twitter.com/8wayrun/status/1269984916881670145
ど助平

Urinals

« Reply #17478 on: June 08, 2020, 11:08:57 AM »
Definition of racism
1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2a: a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
b: a political or social system founded on racism
3: thinking black panther is a mediocre movie
4: racial prejudice or discrimination

he probably chose that specific definition because it leaves out racism towards white people. which he didn't need to do, no one is going to argue with him about it on that message board. so immediately off the bat he shows that he did not understand the audience he wrote the post for and sabotaged himself, and spent the next two pages trying to argue semantics.

edit: also calling it bullying was the dumbest move. no one likes a bully, no one who is socially constructive wants to be a bully.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 11:14:22 AM by Urinals »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17479 on: June 08, 2020, 11:50:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-week-wouldve-been-e3.221992/

Quote from: so1337
Here's your daily reminder that EA made this "product."

Quote from: Linus815
I... dont get it?
Tone-deaf cop game that seemed extremely distasteful back then and even more so now.

FUCK EA FOR RELEASING A GAME IN 2015 AND NOT KNOWING WHAT WOULD HAPPEN FIVE YEARS LATER

:riot
ど助平

Ghoul

« Reply #17480 on: June 08, 2020, 11:55:31 AM »
I haven't seen a bigger reach since Halo.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #17481 on: June 08, 2020, 11:58:03 AM »
In fairness I recall there being a bit of a blowback at the game at the time :doge
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17482 on: June 08, 2020, 12:01:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/which-countries-dont-get-used-enough-as-settings-for-games.221794/

Quote from: Combichristoffersen
Narnia. I'd buy a fantasy RPG set in Narnia.
:huh
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17483 on: June 08, 2020, 12:09:41 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)
I... dont get it?
Tone-deaf cop game that seemed extremely distasteful back then and even more so now.

FUCK EA FOR RELEASING A GAME IN 2015 AND NOT KNOWING WHAT WOULD HAPPEN FIVE YEARS LATER

meanwhile most cop games of the past several decades have tended to be seen as a lame neutered shadow of GTA-style games

"no no look at our game where you're an undercover cop, you're one of the GOOD guys, parents buy this for your children if you don't want them having sex with hookers"
Uncle

Ghoul

« Reply #17484 on: June 08, 2020, 12:12:12 PM »
Watch Dogs, ACAB or Hero?

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #17485 on: June 08, 2020, 12:12:58 PM »

I... dont get it?

lol, it was an issue in 2015 too because Furgerson happened the year before. People wer clowning on the game for similar reasons back in the day.

One of the things you can do is 'arrest' somebody and leave him lying on the floor cuffed with his face to the floor. One of the levels was a rain level where you're off the books chasing a drug deal or something where you find out that one of the higher ups in the cop department is corrupt. Anyway, you arrest the grunts and leave them lying face down.... in the rain. With noticable puddles strewn about.

Also, because the weapons unlock was tied to points, and 'arrests' got you more points than shootings, you eventually maxed out and points do nothing anymore, so you basically have permission to kill everyone with the best guns.

That game was wild.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17486 on: June 08, 2020, 12:14:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-rage-quit-in-fighting-games.222079/page-2
Quote from: Kyora90
Only in Tekken, since people legit cheat on that game.

Found Phoenix RISING's alt account.   :doge

The GOAT
:lawd

https://www.resetera.com/posts/155435/
Then I picked up my kids from school. They could tell I was in a bad mood and they asked me what was wrong. "I lost at Tekken" is the life lesson they received.

I ended up getting in a car accident in the evening, but I don't even consider it the worse thing that happened that day. I when I finally arrived (late) to the meeting I was headed to before the accident, I literally told them that I was more mad at Tekken than the vehicle damage.
ど助平

Ghoul

« Reply #17487 on: June 08, 2020, 12:25:13 PM »
:neogaf Tekken.... A series that hasn't been good since number 3 lmao. Wonder what happened to this guy.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #17489 on: June 08, 2020, 01:07:08 PM »
Superheroes are cops with costumes and powers. Checkmate MCUtards.
Oi Oi

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17490 on: June 08, 2020, 01:10:33 PM »
jedis are basically the taliban

Tuckers Law

« Reply #17491 on: June 08, 2020, 01:33:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-rage-quit-in-fighting-games.222079/page-2
Quote from: Kyora90
Only in Tekken, since people legit cheat on that game.

Found Phoenix RISING's alt account.   :doge

The GOAT
:lawd

https://www.resetera.com/posts/155435/
Then I picked up my kids from school. They could tell I was in a bad mood and they asked me what was wrong. "I lost at Tekken" is the life lesson they received.

I ended up getting in a car accident in the evening, but I don't even consider it the worse thing that happened that day. I when I finally arrived (late) to the meeting I was headed to before the accident, I literally told them that I was more mad at Tekken than the vehicle damage.

Like, a controller or some other object immediately on hand I can get.  First time playing Dark Souls 1, I grabbed my nearby clothes hamper after dying to Ornstein and Smough the billionth time and flung it against the room wall so hard it split down the middle.  But I cooled down after that.  An entire basement of shit getting destroyed is just wild.  All over a video game.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17492 on: June 08, 2020, 01:41:37 PM »
right, you break one object and it snaps you out of it and you realize you're only ruining your own stuff for no real reason

by the time you're running your arm along the table or mantelpiece to knock everything off of it you should be questioning your life choices

Uncle

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #17493 on: June 08, 2020, 01:44:22 PM »
It's even better when paired with his avatar of himself in a shitty homemade Black Panther costume.

BisMarckie

« Reply #17494 on: June 08, 2020, 01:48:54 PM »
Superheroes are cops with costumes and powers. Checkmate MCUtards.

FACT CHECK: Superheroes are right wing militias

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17495 on: June 08, 2020, 01:53:36 PM »
I'll leave this without my own acerbic commentary to start and let his words speak for themselves...

Oh, did buzzfeed not tell you how to feel yet?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #17497 on: June 08, 2020, 02:47:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hartley-sawyer-ralph-dibny-on-the-flash-fired-from-the-flash-after-racist-misogynist-tweets-surface.222268/

Whenever a thread like this shows up I'm reminded of how they brushed off B-dubs bad posts by saying that it happened years ago

BikeJesus

« Reply #17498 on: June 08, 2020, 02:52:25 PM »
Incelshit dropping this turd of a thread based on a tweet and making a point of saying they won't add any commentary. Incelsheet runs that place.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/joe-biden-rejects-defunding-police-believes-there-are-police-departments-throughout-the-country-who-want-to-reform-themselves-but-lack-funds.222229/

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy

nudemacusers

« Reply #17500 on: June 08, 2020, 03:08:39 PM »
Incelshit dropping this turd of a thread based on a tweet and making a point of saying they won't add any commentary. Incelsheet runs that place.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/joe-biden-rejects-defunding-police-believes-there-are-police-departments-throughout-the-country-who-want-to-reform-themselves-but-lack-funds.222229/
It is kinda funny how resetera liberals are all ‘burn it down’ online but when it comes to daddy biden putting his weight on it they’re like ‘well he needs to mind the optics’ 😂

As if trump gave two fucks about optics as he ripped and tore his way to the White House.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #17501 on: June 08, 2020, 03:18:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-is-racism-are-you-racist.222007/page-2

Again, it's best to think of it like "sin" is in Christian dogma. You are born with sin. You work to do good deeds for redemption.

Except that Christians don’t believe that good works can redeem the soul. Only by the grace of god and accepting Christ gets them into heaven.

So in this piss poor analogy, White people could not cleanse themselves of racism.
Oi Oi

« Reply #17502 on: June 08, 2020, 03:44:01 PM »
If killing 6+ million Jewish people in Europe was the worst crime against humanity you could imagine, wait until you hear about the generations of torture and death white America has applied to black America.
:usacry

I hope someone reported that for inflammatory whataboutism.  This is why there's barely any Jews left on the site.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17503 on: June 08, 2020, 03:44:02 PM »
Quote from: Moose the Fattest Cat
The language is very limited; said that a bunch of times including the OP. Only very very recently are we evolving new terms -- "Karen" is one -- to help us be able to communicate what we mean better. We're very much in the early stages here.

:neogaf

Karen now an official part of the lexicon moving forward in order to break down barriers and communicate better :dead

Again, it's best to think of it like "sin" is in Christian dogma. You are born with sin. You work to do good deeds for redemption.

Except that Christians don’t believe that good works can redeem the soul. Only by the grace of god and accepting Christ gets them into heaven.

So in this piss poor analogy, White people could not cleanse themselves of racism.

deeds never absolve anyone anyway

when someone gets cancelled on twitter no one ever looks into their history of donations, protests they've attended, other forms of communication that might prove their sincerity/goodness and cancel out that one bad tweet

hell we have celebs getting cancelled and they even acted in a superhero franchise so if that doesn't redeem in the eyes of era then nothing will
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #17504 on: June 08, 2020, 03:49:43 PM »
Quote from: Moose the Fattest Cat
The language is very limited; said that a bunch of times including the OP. Only very very recently are we evolving new terms -- "Karen" is one -- to help us be able to communicate what we mean better. We're very much in the early stages here.

:neogaf

Karen now an official part of the lexicon moving forward in order to break down barriers and communicate better :dead

deeds never absolve anyone anyway

when someone gets cancelled on twitter no one ever looks into their history of donations, protests they've attended, other forms of communication that might prove their sincerity/goodness and cancel out that one bad tweet

hell we have celebs getting cancelled and they even acted in a superhero franchise so if that doesn't redeem in the eyes of era then nothing will

Administering a progressive forum can definitely balance the scales of a few off color remarks.
Oi Oi

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17505 on: June 08, 2020, 03:57:56 PM »
Quote from: Somnid
So one thing that is always missed when we talk about semantics is that words have multiple definitions and definitions are based on usage. There are academic versions of "racism" that usually tack on qualifiers about power and there are common ones like using slurs against someone else. Neither is a correct definition, it's just context. So while the OP can define how they intend to use racism it doesn't actually reflect how others will.

they get hung up on anti-intellectualism as a major issue in america but then go out of their way to discuss/define racism in the "academic" systemic sense with the average person who is unfamiliar with it, which is a great way to cause mistrust of academia, polarize people, and divert the whole conversation to what "the dang librul colleges are doin to our youth"
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #17506 on: June 08, 2020, 04:08:22 PM »

It is kinda funny how resetera liberals are all ‘burn it down’ online but when it comes to daddy biden putting his weight on it they’re like ‘well he needs to mind the optics’ 😂

As if trump gave two fucks about optics as he ripped and tore his way to the White House.

Barely though, and seems that doesn’t giving a fuck about optics is no longer viable for him.

Ghoul

« Reply #17507 on: June 08, 2020, 04:39:10 PM »
lmao, so Sony has concluded that race issues are over on the 11th and it is safe once again to show PS5 games at 1080p 30FPS. Thank you Sony, very cool.

Leadbelly

« Reply #17508 on: June 08, 2020, 04:46:23 PM »
Who is a bigot, and how is that different?

A bigot is a person who has chosen hateful discrimination as their identity.

bigot
/ˈbɪɡət/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: bigot; plural noun: bigots

a person who is intolerant towards those holding different opinions.

I can totally understand why they chose to redefine that particular word. ;)

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #17509 on: June 08, 2020, 04:47:55 PM »
Afternoon fam
hey

jorma

« Reply #17510 on: June 08, 2020, 04:52:47 PM »
lmao, so Sony has concluded that race issues are over on the 11th and it is safe once again to show PS5 games at 1080p 30FPS. Thank you Sony, very cool.

i don't see the problem here?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17511 on: June 08, 2020, 04:55:15 PM »

bigot
/ˈbɪɡət/
Learn to pronounce
noun

also "choose your identity" lmao like this sushi conveyor is trundling past and you decide to grab episcopalian, scalie, depressed, and hateful discrimination
Uncle

Leadbelly

« Reply #17512 on: June 08, 2020, 05:02:49 PM »

bigot
/ˈbɪɡət/
Learn to pronounce
noun

also "choose your identity" lmao like this sushi conveyor is trundling past and you decide to grab episcopalian, scalie, depressed, and hateful discrimination

Yeah. It really is a strange way to put it. Maybe it can be turned into a gender pronoun and bigots can be part of LGBT community.

I identify as 'hateful discrimination'.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17514 on: June 08, 2020, 05:11:57 PM »
I am currently the only person in the world who remembers the phrase glasshole
Uncle

Ghoul

« Reply #17515 on: June 08, 2020, 06:18:16 PM »

The problem is when Sony fans start saying wow looks way better than Xbox games despite being 30fps and 1080p
I bet you they’ll be like wow so smooth etc.

Pennywise

« Reply #17516 on: June 08, 2020, 06:34:13 PM »

The problem is when Sony fans start saying wow looks way better than Xbox games despite being 30fps and 1080p
They can still look great and Soony is most likely gonna upload a 4k recording after the presentation. Who cares?

The most important thing is gonna be Aaron Greenberg embarassing himself after the presentation.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17517 on: June 08, 2020, 06:35:14 PM »

they will look at ur brain and say wow so smooth

:playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa :playa
Uncle

BisMarckie

« Reply #17518 on: June 08, 2020, 06:36:11 PM »
If you are not buying every console either way, I am not interested in talking to your broke ass. :smug

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17519 on: June 08, 2020, 06:39:14 PM »
If you are not buying every console either way, I am not interested in talking to your broke ass. :smug

this is pretty racist as it presupposes that those with lower economic status are less worthy of our consideration, and as we all know economic status is strongly intertwined with the systems designed to keep people of color down
Uncle