Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3135728 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #17700 on: June 11, 2020, 11:56:03 AM »
Edit: Posting the video in the "Is the world burning thread".
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 12:04:39 PM by bork »
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #17701 on: June 11, 2020, 12:05:08 PM »
Not the most racist anime I've ever seen.
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17702 on: June 11, 2020, 12:14:52 PM »
"Jumping on the bandwagon" ?!?! Fucking hell... How ignorant of the issues can you be? UK cops are so much better than their US counterparts, and I do believe that there are good ones..... But we've got a LOOOOOONG way to go before I can fully support the UK cops.

It's hilarious this guys jumping into this with this take, when the backstory to this is pretty fucking clearly some curtain twitcher exactly like him has called the police over seeing someone that they know doesn't live there for breaking lockdown rules

e:
also this fucking guy who cant go 6 weeks without a haircut chiming in like he's a queens barrister
No surprise.

The first response should be "am I being detained?" answer is no then tell them to do one.

You don't need to tell or show the police any identification. Don't give them the time of day with their BS.

If you're driving a car on a public highway you have to have a driving licence, like they literally say in the video

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #17703 on: June 11, 2020, 12:30:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-is-holding-blm-accountable-for-the-donations-they-receive.224626/

Quote from: Slayven
Not to derail, but that person you are retweeting is supporting TERFing.

Then later

My bad, i miss read that

:dead

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #17704 on: June 11, 2020, 12:31:11 PM »
"Jumping on the bandwagon" ?!?! Fucking hell... How ignorant of the issues can you be? UK cops are so much better than their US counterparts, and I do believe that there are good ones..... But we've got a LOOOOOONG way to go before I can fully support the UK cops.

It's hilarious this guys jumping into this with this take, when the backstory to this is pretty fucking clearly some curtain twitcher exactly like him has called the police over seeing someone that they know doesn't live there for breaking lockdown rules

e:
also this fucking guy who cant go 6 weeks without a haircut chiming in like he's a queens barrister
No surprise.

The first response should be "am I being detained?" answer is no then tell them to do one.

You don't need to tell or show the police any identification. Don't give them the time of day with their BS.

If you're driving a car on a public highway you have to have a driving licence, like they literally say in the video

Can't help but think that this is kind of jumping on a bandwagon when an argument in a driveway is equated to "they don't care about black lives!"

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #17705 on: June 11, 2020, 12:47:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-is-holding-blm-accountable-for-the-donations-they-receive.224626/

Not to derail, but that person you are retweeting is supporting TERFing.

Then later

My bad, i miss read that

:dead

He was too busy flirting with Miss Read’s friend, Miss Spell.

Shuri

« Reply #17706 on: June 11, 2020, 01:27:25 PM »

How is asking about this wrong? It's a legitimate concern. I donated money myself and to be honest, after reading this thread, I'm pretty  :doge at myself.  Who is getting the money? There's even a guy going "JuSt CheCk the 25000 RePLiEs TrhEAd for peoPLe for PosTed Lists". Another guy is like BUT ALL THIS INFO WILL BE PUBLIC IN 2 to 3 YEARS, what the fuck?

I'm just tired, fuuuuuck off, an email has been sent, etc etc

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #17707 on: June 11, 2020, 01:34:35 PM »

How is asking about this wrong? It's a legitimate concern. I donated money myself and to be honest, after reading this thread, I'm pretty  :doge at myself.  Who is getting the money? There's even a guy going "JuSt CheCk the 25000 RePLiEs TrhEAd for peoPLe for PosTed Lists". Another guy is like BUT ALL THIS INFO WILL BE PUBLIC IN 2 to 3 YEARS, what the fuck?

Thanks for the PlayStation 5 and bailing out the James fund breh :mynicca
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #17708 on: June 11, 2020, 02:06:04 PM »

I agree that if White people are asking this it's pretty suspect, but if it's Black activists who are raising these concerns then it's well worth to consider them.

:mindblown

Maybe they should consider the argument, not just he skin color. It's always important to question where the money goes

Drainage

« Reply #17709 on: June 11, 2020, 02:41:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/patrick-klepek-reveals-he-only-made-65k-at-giant-bomb-in-sf-up-klepek-responds-see-threadmarks.223966/page-7
Quote from: MHWilliams
Note, I'd like to say I don't hate on Patrick because he hit that salary. S'all good. I'll fight him in the streets because of his bad opinions—you can't FACE ME KLEPEK—but we're good otherwise.

It's more of a systemic issue with the the industry and employers, and one that extends beyond our industry as a whole. And that's what's worth highlighting and why I'm glad everyone of all stripes are sharing.

Interesting that overpaid white male journo Klepek gets a Verified tag, but USGamer's Mike Williams, a black man, does not.
  :thinking

Top of the page Klepek-approved cosplay:

:nsfw :nsfw :nsfw :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
:exxy :exxy :exxy :exxy

These kind of job demands require at least 100k.

If you're playing The Last of Us Part 2 at the office, when do you leave to go home? Or this evening, I'll be covering the PlayStation 5 event which starts at 4pm my time. If you work for Polygon on the East Coast, that means you're probably going to be writing to 6-7pm, and that's when you get the leave the office.

:six:

Raist

« Reply #17710 on: June 11, 2020, 02:58:30 PM »

I agree that if White people are asking this it's pretty suspect, but if it's Black activists who are raising these concerns then it's well worth to consider them.

Maybe they should consider the argument, not just he skin color. It's always important to question where the money goes

You ain't slick, nazi.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #17711 on: June 11, 2020, 03:16:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/patrick-klepek-reveals-he-only-made-65k-at-giant-bomb-in-sf-up-klepek-responds-see-threadmarks.223966/page-7
Note, I'd like to say I don't hate on Patrick because he hit that salary. S'all good. I'll fight him in the streets because of his bad opinions—you can't FACE ME KLEPEK—but we're good otherwise.

It's more of a systemic issue with the the industry and employers, and one that extends beyond our industry as a whole. And that's what's worth highlighting and why I'm glad everyone of all stripes are sharing.

Interesting that overpaid white male journo Klepek gets a Verified tag, but USGamer's Mike Williams, a black man, does not.

[close]

If you're playing The Last of Us Part 2 at the office, when do you leave to go home? Or this evening, I'll be covering the PlayStation 5 event which starts at 4pm my time. If you work for Polygon on the East Coast, that means you're probably going to be writing to 6-7pm, and that's when you get the leave the office.

Sooo wait, Polygon is still having its staff come into the office?  Why would you need to come into the office to begin with, much less now with many other non-service businesses having their employees quarantine and work from home?

But yeah, it's such a whiny point.  Yeah, sitting in an office for 12 hours some days sucks, but it's air conditioned, you're in a comfy chair, have snacks and beverages available (for free or cheap), you actually get breaks and lunch and can take them generally whenever you want,  and YOU'RE PLAYING A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.  Try using that line of compliant to someone working in a gas station in a shitty neighborhood who has to be behind bulletproof glass, someone doing back-breaking factory/warehouse work, hell even someone like IncelChief has more reason to complain and all they do is stock shelves.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #17712 on: June 11, 2020, 03:21:43 PM »

they failed to answer this question more than a few times on the absolute trainwreck of an AMA on reddit.

Raist

« Reply #17713 on: June 11, 2020, 03:24:42 PM »
Can't blame BLM, it worked for Sarkeesian :teehee

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17715 on: June 11, 2020, 06:20:27 PM »
what makes an ultra conservative more worthy of shunning than a regular type?

for example is jk rowling ultra conservative?
Uncle

Pennywise

« Reply #17716 on: June 11, 2020, 06:48:35 PM »
It’s funny, seeing all the new fans coming here showing their Souls knowledge and fanboyism against me.. against me, of all people. I don’t see many people here owning 30k usd worth of Souls merchandise, on top of the hundreds of different stories and other shit I’ve done in the name of Souls

Actually it does prove that I’m a bigger fan than the majority. Although not just the merchandise (nice strawman btw) but all the others things related to Souls, all events I’ve done, the streaming, the charity events, me reaching out to namco bandai and becoming one of the first to try dks2 and involve somewhat in balancing the game, and much, much more

sorry but yes,this does make me a bigger fan than the majority, this is a fact

Yoshichan having another meltdown.
This time it's about Demon Souls.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #17717 on: June 11, 2020, 06:54:35 PM »
At least we know who to blame for Dark Souls 2 now.
©@©™

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #17718 on: June 11, 2020, 07:42:22 PM »

[close]

Sooo wait, Polygon is still having its staff come into the office?  Why would you need to come into the office to begin with, much less now with many other non-service businesses having their employees quarantine and work from home?

But yeah, it's such a whiny point.  Yeah, sitting in an office for 12 hours some days sucks, but it's air conditioned, you're in a comfy chair, have snacks and beverages available (for free or cheap), you actually get breaks and lunch and can take them generally whenever you want,  and YOU'RE PLAYING A FUCKING VIDEO GAME.  Try using that line of compliant to someone working in a gas station in a shitty neighborhood who has to be behind bulletproof glass, someone doing back-breaking factory/warehouse work, hell even someone like IncelChief has more reason to complain and all they do is stock shelves.

most workers have to take a whole day off to watch the ps5 stream ,process etc. not game reviewers....

BisMarckie

« Reply #17720 on: June 11, 2020, 07:46:46 PM »
invite Yoshichan :rejoice

zepblackstar

« Reply #17721 on: June 11, 2020, 07:52:05 PM »
dear lord.. they already r34 the PS5 :o :o

BisMarckie

« Reply #17722 on: June 11, 2020, 07:55:19 PM »

Edit: She doubles down after getting dunked on :lol

Somewhere out there N A R O L F is weeping seeing people being mean to his waifu  :-\

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #17723 on: June 11, 2020, 07:57:01 PM »
Invite Yoshichan!

FF16 was probably someone mistaken footage from Project Atathia(?) as footage of FF16. Happens a lot with these type of reveals.
🤴

BisMarckie

« Reply #17724 on: June 11, 2020, 08:04:06 PM »
With Yoshichan on here we could have Meltdown May year round :rejoice

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #17725 on: June 11, 2020, 08:06:42 PM »
Yoshichan probably got fucked harder by his dad than jaydub.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17726 on: June 11, 2020, 08:26:02 PM »
never 4get

https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-vii-remake-spoiler-discussion-check-threadmarks-for-story-details.162527/post-31020681

Fuck this piece of shit game

from being the best game of all time to literally everything I’ve hated with Square since 10 years back. Unbe-fucking-lievable,go fuck yourself Shit-Enix

https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-vii-remake-spoiler-discussion-check-threadmarks-for-story-details.162527/post-31021476

ok im gonna need therapy, because i want to commit suicide right now

gonna have to talk this through with wife
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #17728 on: June 11, 2020, 08:57:53 PM »
Hey look, yoshichan learned a new word!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17731 on: June 11, 2020, 11:21:18 PM »
Looks like the Kagari thread got deleted!
ど助平

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #17732 on: June 11, 2020, 11:34:19 PM »
But why?  ???

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17733 on: June 11, 2020, 11:42:17 PM »
But why?  ???

Saw some replies asking who she is, not knowing she posts there, and some shitting on her, but that was just the second page.  You'd think they'd just lock the thread.
ど助平

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #17734 on: June 11, 2020, 11:47:03 PM »
sigh

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #17735 on: June 11, 2020, 11:49:05 PM »
It’s pretty awesome seeing Kagari getting dunked on. I remember she was one of those mods on GAF who banned people for being anti-PlayStation.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #17736 on: June 11, 2020, 11:52:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lots-of-diversity-on-sonys-conference.224845/

Lorne Lanning is....cancelled.

Who's that? A simple google search doesn't come up with anything problematic, what do I need to look for?

:lol

Wait, why is Lorne Lanning canceled? I've never played the Oddworld series but iirc the first game's story had something of a Soylent Green/The Jungle influence (where you were trying to escape being processed into food)? If anything I'd imagine he's more an oldskool progressive.
^_^

jorma

« Reply #17737 on: June 12, 2020, 01:13:22 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lots-of-diversity-on-sonys-conference.224845/

Lorne Lanning is....cancelled.

Who's that? A simple google search doesn't come up with anything problematic, what do I need to look for?

:lol

Wait, why is Lorne Lanning canceled? I've never played the Oddworld series but iirc the first game's story had something of a Soylent Green/The Jungle influence (where you were trying to escape being processed into food)? If anything I'd imagine he's more an oldskool progressive.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-03-27-capitalism-killing-games-and-the-world-lanning

he said that capitalism is killing the gameindustry 5 years ago.
i wonder what happened that turned him into a hardcore conservative in the eyes of ree?

because from what i can see he aint even a "progressive", he's straight up a leftie - or at least a socdem  :)

Rahxephon91

« Reply #17738 on: June 12, 2020, 01:35:08 AM »
Nice to see Kagari get dunked on. Never knew shit.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #17739 on: June 12, 2020, 04:35:26 AM »
What was the ban message for Yoshi in the end?

Borealis

« Reply #17740 on: June 12, 2020, 04:39:49 AM »

Think it was this:

User Banned (1 week): hostility

Honestly fuck all of you haters

seriously if you truly wanted this game you’d stfu and just accept the fact that we got this game

holyfucking shit some of you, fucking christ

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #17741 on: June 12, 2020, 04:44:44 AM »

jorma

« Reply #17742 on: June 12, 2020, 04:49:43 AM »

Think it was this:

User Banned (1 week): hostility

Honestly fuck all of you haters

seriously if you truly wanted this game you’d stfu and just accept the fact that we got this game

holyfucking shit some of you, fucking christ

so weak, this is not even a meltdown by yoshis normal standards :lol
it's just a regular "ooooh i'm so lockdowned i'm melting dooooown" post that 75% of the bore is currently suffering from

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #17743 on: June 12, 2020, 04:52:58 AM »
lol yeah that is a pretty weak ban tbh.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17745 on: June 12, 2020, 07:53:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/are-you-overweight.225418/
Quote from: WriterInTheDark
I haven’t weighed myself in years, but definitely so. I comfort eat, and combined with lockdown, I’m disgusting overweight right now.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17746 on: June 12, 2020, 08:08:59 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/fuck-gamespot-for-giving-the-last-of-us-part-ii-an-8-out-of-10-this-is-your-fault-brap.1547472/

Quote from: MiyazakiHatesKojima
NOT ONLY DID THEY GIVE THE FIRST ONE AN 8/10 BUT ALSO THE FACTUALLY AND OBJECTIVELY BETTER SEQUEL: THE LAST OF US PART II.

https://opencritic.com/game/8351/the-last-of-us-part-ii/reviews?sort=score

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GIVE AN INCOMPLETE EPISODIC REMAKE SUCH AS FINAL FANTASY VII A 10/10, BUT NOT FOR THE LAST OF US: PART II?

CAN WE STOP THESE WEBSITES FROM POSTING CLICKBAIT REVIEWS THAT ANGER WELL-INTENTIONED PLAYSTATION GAMERS SUCH AS MYSELF?

FIN.

Please tell me this guy is a troll.
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 08:56:13 AM by thisismyusername »

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #17749 on: June 12, 2020, 08:59:14 AM »
Boy this line from one of TLOU2's reviews really sums up a certain portion of their audience.

The lives of the sad, desperate characters featured in The Last of Us Part II are ripe with dramatic irony, blind to the hate and suffering their skewed senses of justice have created.

Ghoul

« Reply #17750 on: June 12, 2020, 09:08:00 AM »
So that is why she was deleting tweets about it yesterday.

Interesting.

wsippel

« Reply #17751 on: June 12, 2020, 09:27:09 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/fuck-gamespot-for-giving-the-last-of-us-part-ii-an-8-out-of-10-this-is-your-fault-brap.1547472/

Please tell me this guy is a troll.

Too bad they canceled SkillUp, would have loved to see the meltdowns caused by Ralph's review then. TLDR: Gameplay pretty much the same as before with minor improvements here and there, nice environment art, everything else utter garbage, would have stopped playing a few hours in if he didn't have to review it.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #17752 on: June 12, 2020, 09:50:53 AM »
Maybe Miles turns up at protests in solidarity, which would utilise the power of PS4/PS5 for large crowds, and it acknowledges that when cops arrive they can make it worse by instigating violence so you have to do as much as you can to de-escalate the situation.

Hold the fucking phone  :lol

Ghoul

« Reply #17753 on: June 12, 2020, 10:05:49 AM »
 :ohhh hahaha

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17754 on: June 12, 2020, 10:24:33 AM »
yeah, miles morales, son of a cop, fucking hates cops

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17755 on: June 12, 2020, 10:30:38 AM »
Maybe Miles turns up at protests in solidarity, which would utilise the power of PS4/PS5 for large crowds, and it acknowledges that when cops arrive they can make it worse by instigating violence so you have to do as much as you can to de-escalate the situation.

Hold the fucking phone  :lol

Sounds like a really fun video game.  I know when I load up Spider-Man, I don't want to swing all around and beat up bad guys and shit- protesting sounds great! :hyper
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17756 on: June 12, 2020, 10:32:01 AM »
Hey, bork:

FUCK YOU.

(Background: https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/h7e893/rnfl_user_says_fuck_you_uspez_gets_suspended_by/ )

YOU'RE SUSPENDED.  HIT THE SHOWERS.
:bolo

You forgot the "haha" part.  Also wut?  What was the point of his dumb post?
[close]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 10:36:57 AM by bork »
ど助平

ShutUp

« Reply #17757 on: June 12, 2020, 10:36:50 AM »
Yeah I'm sure the comic book video game will have you de-escalate the situation, complete with a bar on the top of the screen to let you know how  itchy those cops trigger fingers are getting.

That game will get lambasted by the Twitter mobs when Miles is shown openly working with cops and being friendly with them. 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17758 on: June 12, 2020, 10:38:43 AM »
Yeah I'm sure the comic book video game will have you de-escalate the situation, complete with a bar on the top of the screen to let you know how  itchy those cops trigger fingers are getting.

That game will get lambasted by the Twitter mobs when Miles is shown openly working with cops and being friendly with them.

So when is Era going to cancel Marvel?
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night