Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3106506 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #17580 on: June 09, 2020, 05:56:01 PM »
Even if they are an ex-cop, it doesn't give them any more insight into the socio-economic factors of crime and punishment than any other cop that says the opposite.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17581 on: June 09, 2020, 06:19:23 PM »
the copposite :cop
Uncle

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #17582 on: June 09, 2020, 06:41:53 PM »
if ACAB why would we listen to an ex-ACAB trying to teach us how to think. that's classic ACAB behaviourl
ban him/her/c

edit:also, camden nj, muder rates went from 18 times national avg to 6 times national avg. tldr; you still got a problem

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
Fish<

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #17584 on: June 09, 2020, 07:28:57 PM »
Defund the police is such an easily manipulated phrase. I am for it 100%, but the layman thinks it means no police.
Yep. That’s the problem with it the messaging people are stupid and this is like Obamacare 2.0.
The underlying idea makes sense but defund doesn’t work vs even reform and rebuild police.

They keep blaming others while they themselves can't agree on what defund the police actually means

the layman thinks it means no police.

No, that would be people who actually understand what the word fucking means :lol

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #17585 on: June 09, 2020, 07:37:51 PM »
this has been a magnificent time for all doublethink aficienados.

Leadbelly

« Reply #17587 on: June 09, 2020, 08:20:11 PM »
It's clearly defined wedge issue. "Defund the police" is going to be hijacked by the GOP to misrepresent its purpose. It's already happening.

"Was it maybe a bad idea to call it "Defund the police" if we don't really mean that? No, it's the GOPs fault"

You know, even the Minneapolis politicians aren't making this clear.

Minneapolis City Council President On Dismantling Police: Wanting To Call The Police "Comes From A Place Of Privilege"

CAMEROTA: Do you understand that the word, dismantle, or police-free also makes some people nervous, for instance? What if in the middle of night, my home is broken into? Who do I call?

BENDER: Yes, I mean, hear that loud and clear from a lot of my neighbors. And I know -- and myself, too, and I know that that comes from a place of privilege. Because for those of us for whom the system is working, I think we need to step back and imagine what it would feel like to already live in that reality where calling the police may mean more harm is done.
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/06/08/minneapolis_city_council_president_on_dismantling_police_wanting_to_call_the_police_comes_from_a_place_of_privilege.html

Wait, what? Does that mean police aren't going to respond to burglaries or... what?

And that is not how reality works. Those privileged people locked up in their gated communities see way less crime in their neighbourhoods than the poor less privileged people she is supposedly trying to help. If the police end up not responding to crime, then it is poor neighbourhoods that will be affected worse.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17588 on: June 09, 2020, 08:46:18 PM »
There's a pretty interesting documentary about the Flint police from a few years back on Netflix, and it becomes increasingly clear throughout it that the Mayor wants to fix their police force, the new Chief of Police wants to fix their police force, and the City Council don't want to spend money and keep fudging the numbers so are spending less and less money every year even though it appears to be an increase (that the new chief was promised prior to taking the job).

Snoopycat_

« Reply #17589 on: June 09, 2020, 08:49:54 PM »
I want to get some snacks and stuff for the PS5 event on Thursday but I'm shit-scared of heading out just for 'a few bits'. Wish my local shop wasn't a small-ish Sainsbury's with no one-way system and way too many people. Though I really just wish I could do something even slightly normal at this point. It's awful :(

Could wear a mask. Could go in the evening when everyone's home. Could stop acting like an eternal victim.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #17591 on: June 10, 2020, 02:29:23 AM »
Fartlson is his actual middle name :smug
(ice)

NekoFever

« Reply #17592 on: June 10, 2020, 03:40:16 AM »
I want to get some snacks and stuff for the PS5 event on Thursday but I'm shit-scared of heading out just for 'a few bits'. Wish my local shop wasn't a small-ish Sainsbury's with no one-way system and way too many people. Though I really just wish I could do something even slightly normal at this point. It's awful :(

Could wear a mask. Could go in the evening when everyone's home. Could stop acting like an eternal victim.

Thursday's event is gonna be a really hype thing for me and I don't want to lessen its impact because of the tiny chance that the virus somehow gets through my N95 mask (or into my eyes, I dunno).

:doge

Snoopycat_

« Reply #17593 on: June 10, 2020, 06:22:02 AM »
Fun

Never really enjoy the pub - grotty, dingy, disgusting places full of sleezy old men. Have fun with that one, whoever's itching for a pint.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #17595 on: June 10, 2020, 08:19:37 AM »
call the cops.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #17596 on: June 10, 2020, 08:31:29 AM »
Fernandorocker exposes RE as racist by mere accident:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-say-you-buy-a-whole-rotisserie-chicken-or-a-grilled-chicken-do-you-eat-the-cartilage.223060/page-3#post-36326572

Also thin veiled classism by mods:

Quote from: Poodlestrike
Certain types of food are common to some regions and/or the poor or marginalized, and comments about being "savage" for eating this sort of food can be hurtful. Please be sensitive to the language you use when sharing your opinion on food, as other cultures may view things differently.

“Don’t mock what shit the poor eats”.

I don't think it's racism, so much as every food thread there shows how many of them have the palates of six year olds.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17597 on: June 10, 2020, 10:38:30 AM »
it's just an old statue.... Not some actually significant historical piece.

Please, someone whose cultural touchstones are comic books and wrassling, tell me more about what merits artistic, historical and cultural significance
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 10:42:48 AM by GreatSageEqualOfHeaven »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #17598 on: June 10, 2020, 11:30:31 AM »
it's just an old statue.... Not some actually significant historical piece.

Please, someone whose cultural touchstones are comic books and wrassling, tell me more about what merits artistic, historical and cultural significance

Quote from: excel
On some level a discussion about the whole everything belongs in a museum needs to be had, it's the same logic used about Confederate Statues in the US which were commissioned by White Supremacist groups like Daughter's of the Confederation being of historical value because they're old.

What a dumb argument.

It's absolutely not the same logic as the statue wasn't build by a white supremacist group. From what I understand did the guy found a lot of charities hence the statue. Of course you can argue that this doesn't outdo the atrocities he was responsible for, but have some fucking nuance. Not everything is the same.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17599 on: June 10, 2020, 11:59:24 AM »
Nobodies saying you should tear down statues of Washington and Jefferson, we're just saying you should tear down statues of slave owners like Washington and Jefferson.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #17600 on: June 10, 2020, 12:57:18 PM »
I hope so. I believe Giant Bomb stopped working with Max (on-camera at least) back in 2014 when there was a rape allegation made against him.
Unfortunately I think most places just decided to silently not cover CAH or deal with Max any more, rather than making a statement about it.
I'm not sure if Patrick commented on it or not now; but I see that he did continue working with Max on a podcast until mid-2015 which was disappointing to find out.

Imagine if someone would now post offensive pictures Klepek has taken.

Or maybe that's where "it was years ago" suddenly matters again
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 01:11:50 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17602 on: June 10, 2020, 01:30:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/should-we-remove-statues-and-monuments-of-founding-fathers.223672/

ITT:
Holding people who were products of the time and society they lived in to standards of behaviour they couldn't possibly have hoped to meet by being products of that time and society, from the comfort of hindsight living in a vastly more progressive time period that those people you declare to be villains helped to usher in, solely because it makes your empty meaningless life seem marginally better by shitting on people who achieved things with a perspective of unearned moral superiority solely because you don't live when they did.

the only consolation is that your grandkids are going to find you morally abhorrent and want to shit all over everything you ever valued.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17603 on: June 10, 2020, 01:38:02 PM »
Quote from: Kest920
Lincoln should be the only one to remain up everything else should be burned down even Washington

set the statues of washington on fire  :brain
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17604 on: June 10, 2020, 01:41:42 PM »
is self-loathing of one's own country or historical figures primarily an american export

are americans the ones going "we feel bad about ourselves, and you should too" and everyone else is kind of half-heartedly tearing a few things down

is it yet another example of american exceptionalism and trying to boss around the rest of the world on how to feel and act
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17605 on: June 10, 2020, 02:03:52 PM »
Descendants of slavery who know nothing about their own cultural heritage - which is its own tragedy, don't get me wrong - but somehow believe that their ancestors must have all been paragons of human virtue because there's no evidence to the contrary are like orphans who believe their real parents were kings and queens who had to give their little prince / princess away to save them from the evil chancellor.

Descendants of people who voluntarily emigrated to another country to escape the fucked up shit in their own while shitting on the values their ancestors sacrificed everything to embrace are outright fucking morons.

Boredfrom

« Reply #17606 on: June 10, 2020, 02:08:50 PM »
Jesus guys, tone down some of the stuff here. Holy shit, Sage.

I don’t like the “let’s burn everything we get down” approach, but some of this stuff are statues that really may not been in public spaces anymore.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #17607 on: June 10, 2020, 02:20:45 PM »
Jesus guys, tone down some of the stuff here. Holy shit, Sage.

I don’t like the “let’s burn everything we get down” approach, but some of this stuff are statues that really may not been in public spaces anymore.

yeah really that's the reasonable standpoint, nuance of recognizing statues put up By Assholes For Assholes long after anyone would remember those assholes, vs. historical stuff that deserves preservation
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17608 on: June 10, 2020, 02:22:03 PM »
Tearing down statues that are markers of historical events that happened hundreds of years ago isn't the same thing as tearing down the statue of a dictator that your country has just been liberated from.

What's the next step? Slashing paintings of subjects who fail a contemporary values purity test? Burning books?

It's such a dangerously misguided mindset.

Maybe people shouldn't be asking Britain to return the Elgian Marbles, but to smash them because they depict paedophilic slave owning invaders.

Boredfrom

« Reply #17609 on: June 10, 2020, 02:29:28 PM »

I have similar position with the streaming stuff: I mind if HBOMax wants to nuke Gone with the wind. I don’t mind if they put a warning and say “Hey you guys, this movie is old as fuck and with racial stuff you will not like. We obviously not condone this anymore. Historical context is important you dummies.”

Some of this statues should not be in public spaces anymore but should be preserved if possible. But taking a long way to do this may also result in people tired of waiting for their removal.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #17610 on: June 10, 2020, 02:59:32 PM »
Oh no, hate site the Ree has decided to support infamous hate icon JK Rowling's latest hate tweets

Yes, I am now less likely to purchase the game. Votes: 225 25.1%

No, her statements have had no bearing on my interest in the game. Votes: 606 67.6%

https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-jk-rowlings-transphobic-statements-impact-your-interest-on-wbs-upcoming-harry-potter-game.223852/

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #17611 on: June 10, 2020, 02:59:54 PM »
the whole BLM UK wing has always been a bit of a wonky LARP of the american version that attempts to transpose the same issues despite a completely different landscape and generally does its cause more harm than good. they put out a statue hitlist with figures like robert peel and william gladstone on it, two of the biggest liberal champions of the victorian period who had fuck all to do with slavery themselves.

i saw signs to defund the police chained to railings here, if you want to strip the budget of the emergency services you can achieve that by voting tory.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #17612 on: June 10, 2020, 03:03:58 PM »
When you start to remove and destroy history eventually you destroy something valuable like the Library of Alexandria in the name of your ideology.
🤴

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #17613 on: June 10, 2020, 03:08:26 PM »
well values always have to be revised, not against that. i'm a bit of a preservationist myself but don't expect my voice to weigh any more than the next person. what i don't like is mobs dishing out their version of justice a la carte because that shit swings both ways. anything vaugely orwellian sets me off.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #17614 on: June 10, 2020, 03:12:50 PM »
I went to the local protest last week. It was nice and everything but you know, there was no riots or looting like they had in America. We all just stood around in the park for a bit, listened to randoms going on about how horrible everything is, (it really isn't. Well, not here anyway.) Then went home for some tea and sandwiches and a bit of Netflix

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #17615 on: June 10, 2020, 03:14:14 PM »
as long as you didn't watch the league of gentlemen, which has now been stripped from their catalogue for being racist filth.

jorma

« Reply #17616 on: June 10, 2020, 03:14:57 PM »
Jeez, chill with the hyperbole. Resetera is just trying to establish tawhid by eliminating shirk. It's no big deal, just like it wasn't when ISIS tried it.  :teehee

BisMarckie

« Reply #17618 on: June 10, 2020, 03:31:03 PM »
Klepek is the best example that you can indeed fail upwards.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #17619 on: June 10, 2020, 03:38:48 PM »
Oh no, hate site the Ree has decided to support infamous hate icon JK Rowling's latest hate tweets

Yes, I am now less likely to purchase the game. Votes: 225 25.1%

No, her statements have had no bearing on my interest in the game. Votes: 606 67.6%

https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-jk-rowlings-transphobic-statements-impact-your-interest-on-wbs-upcoming-harry-potter-game.223852/

Already too immersed into the HP world on a daily basis to say no.
:expert
Oi Oi

Tuckers Law

« Reply #17620 on: June 10, 2020, 03:48:41 PM »
I get that most of those jobs had him living in some of the most expensive cities in the world, but even knowing that, I’m going wtf over Klepek making 6 figures/year for what he does.  Enthusiast videogames press was a mistake.

HaughtyFrank

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #17622 on: June 10, 2020, 03:54:24 PM »
So I went to the corner store to get some snacks. A 30-something white lady was blocking a lot of the path, so I said "Excuse me" and walked around her.

As I was standing in line she suddenly whipped around and yelled, "YOU DIDN'T EVEN SAY EXCUSE ME!?" Since I don't like apologizing to people who screech at me over dumb shit I calmly corrected her that actually, I did say excuse me. She probably just didn't hear me because of my mask.

She said I was "fucking lying" and continued yelling at me. It took like a minute for her to drop it. I didn't yell or cuss back, I didn't flip her the bird or start recording, and she still kept on going that long.

.........and I'm white. Is it wrong of me to think that if I was black she might've threatened to call the police even though she appeared to be paying back a black woman money she owed her on my way out? Because holy fuck I can't even-

:iface

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #17624 on: June 10, 2020, 03:57:52 PM »
newsfeed pls

Mod close this thread. Lots of debbie downers in here my blood pressure can't take.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mitt-romney-says-he-believes-that-president-trump-will-win-reelection-and-the-gop-will-hold-the-majority.223951/post-36433690

Can a mod please close this thread? I'm done and obviously made some people irritate and rather not hear how Trump is going to win in every post. I'm not going to be that way. I can't.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 04:02:32 PM by Skullfuckers Anonymous »

BisMarckie

« Reply #17626 on: June 10, 2020, 04:11:50 PM »
My initial thought is, “wow, this guy has been overpaid most of his career. Good for him.”

:heh

Boredfrom

« Reply #17627 on: June 10, 2020, 04:18:05 PM »
100k at year for Patrick klepeck.  Vice is getting ripped off.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17628 on: June 10, 2020, 04:21:38 PM »
https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Employer=VICE_Magazine/Salary

Average VICE Magazine Salary
$68k

:thinking

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Vice-Media/salaries?job_category=arts

Salary satisfaction
32%
Few people think they are paid fairly at Vice Media

:thinking :thinking
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #17629 on: June 10, 2020, 04:28:08 PM »
The game informer guy calling out RE  :lol

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1270781250265997312

I'm not sure if he posts there anymore

BisMarckie

« Reply #17630 on: June 10, 2020, 04:30:09 PM »
I am 99% sure that Patrick Klepek is a Karen

BisMarckie

« Reply #17632 on: June 10, 2020, 04:39:27 PM »
Let's face it, the entire working class is underpaid

I don‘t think writing about kideo games fits in the definition of working class.  :doge

BisMarckie

« Reply #17633 on: June 10, 2020, 04:44:51 PM »
So I went to the corner store to get some snacks. A 30-something white lady was blocking a lot of the path, so I said "Excuse me" and walked around her.

As I was standing in line she suddenly whipped around and yelled, "YOU DIDN'T EVEN SAY EXCUSE ME!?" Since I don't like apologizing to people who screech at me over dumb shit I calmly corrected her that actually, I did say excuse me. She probably just didn't hear me because of my mask.

She said I was "fucking lying" and continued yelling at me. It took like a minute for her to drop it. I didn't yell or cuss back, I didn't flip her the bird or start recording, and she still kept on going that long.

.........and I'm white. Is it wrong of me to think that if I was black she might've threatened to call the police even though she appeared to be paying back a black woman money she owed her on my way out? Because holy fuck I can't even-

:iface

Misogynist May never ended :pimp

paprikastaude

« Reply #17634 on: June 10, 2020, 04:51:31 PM »
Not only the x-th woke poll backfire, but now the results are also shaped like a dick.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17635 on: June 10, 2020, 04:57:52 PM »
The game informer guy calling out RE  :lol

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1270781250265997312

I'm not sure if he posts there anymore

damn, prime minister of pakistan putting era on blast

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #17636 on: June 10, 2020, 05:06:43 PM »
Let's face it, the entire working class is underpaid

I don‘t think writing about kideo games fits in the definition of working class.  :doge

Klepeks dad was a big wig at some corp too :lol
(ice)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17637 on: June 10, 2020, 05:08:43 PM »
No wonder game bloggers get super butthurt when people tell them to learn to code when they lose their jobs; that would be a big step down financially.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #17638 on: June 10, 2020, 05:13:03 PM »
Yeah that shit is wild.  I don’t ever want to hear people like him and Schrier complain about their pay-workload ratio again.  Im nearly 100% certain that there are plenty of actually essential workers working in those cities that would love to be making almost any of those salaries listed.

“But I had to play so many games outside my working hours, it was haaaaaaaaard”. Bitch please, don’t act like yours is the only profession that takes their work home with them.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 05:17:10 PM by Tuckers Law »

paprikastaude

« Reply #17639 on: June 10, 2020, 05:14:44 PM »
Did those ""essential"" workers ever do anything to call out the toxic colonialism of Super Mario Bros? Didn't think so.