Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3135823 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #17762 on: June 12, 2020, 11:27:03 AM »
https://twitter.com/jeffcannata/status/1271336666397999108
Looking forward to playing this game, but these hyperbolic journos takes are always...  :iface

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #17763 on: June 12, 2020, 11:27:54 AM »
Yeah they really do love giving AAA one sloppy blowjob. And we all know Neil would be disgusted by that.

I do hope this is worth all the therapy these devs now need after a year watching LiveLeak

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17766 on: June 12, 2020, 11:38:16 AM »
Or maybe 74% of white people need to educate themselves more on what "defund the police" means. Maybe they don't care about social services and divesting police funds to more essential services. Maybe they're so ignorant that they can't see a world without militarised police used for everything. That's on them, not on PR for defund the police movements.

"maybe everyone except me is wrong"

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #17767 on: June 12, 2020, 11:46:37 AM »
Yeah they really do love giving AAA one sloppy blowjob. And we all know Neil would be disgusted by that.

I do hope this is worth all the therapy these devs now need after a year watching LiveLeak
Hey, i watched years of LiveLeak and I am just f-- oh... :fbm

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #17768 on: June 12, 2020, 12:04:24 PM »
someone once said

"they all knew exactly what defunding planned parenthood meant."

Its not confusing or complicated. It means less funding.

Message is always confusing when minorities speak for some ODD reason in the USA.

So strange.

I don't even know what to say. How does this argument make any sense to him.

NekoFever

« Reply #17769 on: June 12, 2020, 12:09:39 PM »
yeah, miles morales, son of a cop, fucking hates cops

Plus the use of heavy-handed violence against street-level crime while being unanswerable to the law himself is kind of Spider-Man's MO.

BikeJesus

« Reply #17770 on: June 12, 2020, 12:36:17 PM »
So are the woke journos going to mention George Floyd in their TLOU2 reviews, the same way they shit up Half-Life Alyx reviews with talk of Corona Virus?

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #17771 on: June 12, 2020, 12:37:54 PM »
"TLOU2 is problematic as I watched a black gay woman get lynched in 2020" Patrick "I earn too much" Klepek

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #17772 on: June 12, 2020, 01:38:40 PM »
So are the woke journos going to mention George Floyd in their TLOU2 reviews, the same way they shit up Half-Life Alyx reviews with talk of Corona Virus?

That's 1000% likely.

Ghoul

« Reply #17773 on: June 12, 2020, 02:02:19 PM »
Just had an out of context thought but thought it was sort of amusing so here we go.

:society

Nep:

Do you wanna know how I got this car?

My stepfather was a salesman..and a fiend. And one night, he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets me a hire car. He doesn't like that. Not...one...bit.

So, me watching, he takes a contract to her, laughing while he does it.

He turns to me, and he says, "Why so serious?" He comes at me with the contract - "Why so serious?"

He sticks the contract in my hands - "Let's put a 7% loan on that face!" And... why so serious?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17774 on: June 12, 2020, 02:03:37 PM »
Sony and Marvel are totally going to make a game where spidey webs up some dudes mouth and then leaves him for the police, the guy asphyxiates, and then the game is an angry mob looking to kill him, fueled by JJ repeatedly showing a clip of the man dying on social media to keep the crowd enraged.

Shuri

« Reply #17775 on: June 12, 2020, 02:08:45 PM »
What kind of super pampered, super sheltered life do you have to lead to have your mind shattered emotionally by a 100+ millions big budget action game?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17776 on: June 12, 2020, 02:12:07 PM »
What kind of super pampered, super sheltered life do you have to lead to have your mind shattered emotionally by a 100+ millions big budget action game?

I dunno, but it almost pays a 6 figure salary :trumps

Boredfrom

« Reply #17777 on: June 12, 2020, 02:33:07 PM »
yeah, miles morales, son of a cop, fucking hates cops

He adored the shit out of his dad in the game, too.

The ironic thing is that the  OG/Ultimate version of his dad was a bigot against mutants.

Boredfrom

« Reply #17778 on: June 12, 2020, 02:52:48 PM »
I’m kinda afraid on how they are gonna play the cop stuff at SpiderMan Miles, the cop stuff is very integrated to PS4’ Miles backstory but I cannot imagine leave it as it is given the social conscious stuff they were starting to push in the first game.   

ShutUp

« Reply #17779 on: June 12, 2020, 03:02:30 PM »
"You don't want a comic book video game to talk about civil rights issues just so you can swing around virtual Manhattan"

Yeah? No shit? Most people playing a Spider-Man game literally just want to swing around virtual Manhattan and beat up some bad guys, with Spidey giving us quips in the process.

paprikastaude

« Reply #17780 on: June 12, 2020, 03:18:20 PM »
Modern Naughty Dog is trash and gamers licking their boots are braindead. They are either too afraid of sales failure or too untalented to mix their trite narrative with gameplay that fits. So instead you end up with a cliche "likeable" hipster that basically commits genocide for treasure and somehow you're supposed to root for him like Indiana Jones. Nope, doesn't work. "B-b-but that's EVERY game, silly!  ::)". Yeah, no. Not in my top 100. Fucking Kojima handled ludonarrative dissonance more subtle on PS1 than these clowns.  :lol Then for your "serious" game use the most basic forms of emotional manipulation, brehs. Uh oh, they killed a child 30 mins in. So brave!  :doge Seen a reviewer of Part 2 today who felt so sad killing dogs. The next best low hanging fruit to force cheap compassion right after sad little girls :lol

Nier 1 is by far the smartest take on this kind of gaming morale, despite some leftover animu tropes. While it also takes advantage of gaming as a narrative medium, instead of trying to bend games into a pretentious indie movie. When it comes to Naughty Dog-esque gamedesign, Hellblade is the only positive example I can think of.

edit: Demanding Spiderman to become a protest walking simulator is also pretty dumb. :doge
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 03:36:11 PM by Spieler1 »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #17781 on: June 12, 2020, 03:44:12 PM »
Sony first party is just a whole bunch of pretentious nerds.

If their "games" were third party and not ammo in a console war no one would buy that shit.
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #17782 on: June 12, 2020, 03:49:50 PM »
I’m kinda afraid on how they are gonna play the cop stuff at SpiderMan Miles, the cop stuff is very integrated to PS4’ Miles backstory but I cannot imagine leave it as it is given the social conscious stuff they were starting to push in the first game.

Game is coming out in less than 6 months so it’s probably too late for any real changes to go in.

Averon

« Reply #17783 on: June 12, 2020, 04:26:56 PM »
Things are getting spicy in that Marx thread  :lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-it-time-to-revisit-marxs-legacy-because-of-his-antisemitic-views.225694/page-3

You’re trying to curry favor with the mod staff, which you will probably succeed at. Cuba was not the topic of the thread, gay rights were not the topic of the thread, but the site general manager abused his power and made that off-topic post in order to keep up the site’s generally antipathy toward leftists. He couldn’t let the smallest praise for Cuba go unchallenged.

And you will get a pass on implying I’m anti-gay rights because B-Dubs and his staff don’t like my politics.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #17785 on: June 12, 2020, 05:34:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/little-devil-inside-has-some-troubling-african-caricatures.225736/#post-36761941

https://www.resetera.com/threads/little-devil-inside-has-some-troubling-african-caricatures.225736/page-3#post-36766885

As a person of colour, I get the reference...but I am not sure if this instance should be taken necessarily too seriously. for instance, you could say some of the tribal imagery in Zelda makes light of indigenous type iconography. But I wouldn't necessarily agree. Without more context, I consider this reaching

Also, yeah the masks bare resemblance to masks I have seen originating in parts of the African sub continent, which like many masks have exaggerated various features.

Are you black?

x2 wombo combo :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17786 on: June 12, 2020, 05:39:02 PM »
After him tripling down on transphobia, it is hard for me to ever consider watching anything by him again. His views on us are repugnant and he shouldn't have a platform. Honestly the praise he is getting is really upsetting, like none of that shit ever happened.

welp, looks like someone had to risk an alt to try and remind era that chappelle is #cancelled

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #17787 on: June 12, 2020, 06:17:11 PM »
I'm not trying to shit up the thread, but I want people on this forum to REMEMBER this kind of shit when they start saying Biden, or any democrat, would be the fucking same as Trump. REMEMBER this shit. Trump doesn't give a fuck about anybody but himself. You can argue about positions and policies from the democrats till the cows come home, but dems aren't trying to take away rights from minorities like Trump and his admin has. Stop fucking saying they're the same. They aren't. They aren't the same ballpark. They aren't even the same fucking sport.
I'm not really sure who this is directed at to be honest. While there are a lot of criticisms about the amount of work Democrats put into making things actively better for minorities, most trans people and close allies of trans people weren't the people ever voting Republican or pretending that there was no difference at all. Some people definitely had strong emotional reactions to Biden and the accusation surrounding him, but I don't think anyone ever considered the two candidates the exact same.

mmm, yes, "some people" had "strong reactions" to Biden.
"Some people" dropped the 'privilege' card on anyone saying that they were not prepared to give up a vote based on allegations
"some people" even ate a month long ban for their continued attacking anyone who intended voting for anyone but trump

:teehee

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #17788 on: June 12, 2020, 06:24:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/little-devil-inside-has-some-troubling-african-caricatures.225736/page-5
As a fellow white person, I suggest listening to black voices when they tell you what's offensive to African culture.
Oi Oi

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #17789 on: June 12, 2020, 08:10:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/little-devil-inside-has-some-troubling-african-caricatures.225736/#post-36761941

https://www.resetera.com/threads/little-devil-inside-has-some-troubling-african-caricatures.225736/page-3#post-36766885

As a person of colour, I get the reference...but I am not sure if this instance should be taken necessarily too seriously. for instance, you could say some of the tribal imagery in Zelda makes light of indigenous type iconography. But I wouldn't necessarily agree. Without more context, I consider this reaching

Also, yeah the masks bare resemblance to masks I have seen originating in parts of the African sub continent, which like many masks have exaggerated various features.

Are you black?

x2 wombo combo :lol

Did they answer the question? :rage

I am brown / mixed and very sympathetic to the cause.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
but still more melanin than enzom
[close]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 08:15:05 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Boredfrom

« Reply #17791 on: June 12, 2020, 10:38:38 PM »
Kind of funny that Jason is starting to believe his own hype to the point of believing this is news (or a gender fluid option is a possibility just because).

Also someone commenting that Fantastic Beasts getting axed. :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #17792 on: June 12, 2020, 10:41:08 PM »
This would be pretty cool. Include a trans main character even as a big “fuck you” to Rowing. Wonder if this is possible.

:brain

I got the gut feeling that Rowling has vetto privileges.

DJ Bedroom

« Reply #17793 on: June 12, 2020, 10:55:04 PM »
That Vestan guy sure likes his PlayStation overlords huh.
Started half the threads on the front page

Late ass edit
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-trailer-for-goodbye-volcano-high-announced-during-the-ps5-thing-has-12-thousand-dislikes.226180/post-36818326
This motherfucker gonna get nepenthe'd
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 01:35:05 AM by DJ Bedroom »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17795 on: June 13, 2020, 02:53:38 AM »
Some weird drama on Twitter with Jeff Cat and Jason Scheirer regarding this game. Has it been discussed here?
Yeah, nothing came out of it except disaster and mod said to stop discussing Twitter wars (and off forum drama) on here. It’s incredible the emotional impact this game ALREADY has on people that haven’t even played it. It’s how you know Naughty Dog has something special here.

:itagaki

I do have a legitimate question tho
Has there ever been proof that a vast majority or some eviewers being paid off?

Because that excuse gets thrown around so much that it feels so unfair to the reviewers.

:engel

Given the success of the reviews, how is it that those famous gaming outlets are "unscored" ? I'm asking this seriously, I've never seen Polygon, Eurogamer, Kotaku, Skillup, Ars Technica, GameXplain all go "unscored" at once. This is a major single player game, no connexion or server issues held them back. What is happening ?

:hans1 :thinking

:killme
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17796 on: June 13, 2020, 02:58:41 AM »
I love the fact that they restricted the reviews.

Hopefully these type of restrictions are something Sony will continue to do for all their future games. The last thing we need is hundreds of people with review copies being free to spoil the shit out of a game a week before release.

:riot
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17797 on: June 13, 2020, 03:07:54 AM »
There's a little salt in me because I want Final Fantasy VII Remake to win most of the Game of the Year awards but I knew in my heart that it had no chance going up against The Last of Us Part II. Congrats to Naughty Dog on their success.
Wait...you thought even without this game FFVIIR had a shot at that?
Like for real? How?

:what

Man, this game can't catch a break.

I want to puke after reading his tweet.

:brazilcry
ὕβρις

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #17798 on: June 13, 2020, 03:24:52 AM »
Imagine trusting any review outlet who'd put their nuts in such a tight vice willingly, and who would instantly be cut off from getting review copies (and recieve a deluge of hate mail) if they dared review it negatively.

"Hey maybe the publisher shuldn't get to dictate what reviewers say in their review"
"I'M GOING TO PUKE"

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17799 on: June 13, 2020, 03:32:59 AM »
https://twitter.com/Charalanahzard/status/1271578001608634368

Fuck. I think this tweet spoiled the hell out of the game!

How?
That "gameplay" flaws. I hope she didn't mean what I'm thinking about right now. Jesus!

Sounds like something else spoiled you then, not the tweet, because I have no idea wtf you're talking about
I know nothing more than you do. I just said that tweet seems spoilery. I might be wrong.

That Bojack guy is full  :shaking

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-last-of-us-part-ii-review-thread.225259/post-36799300
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17800 on: June 13, 2020, 03:36:07 AM »
Exactly. All this finger wagging about Naughty Dog's depiction of violence is completely absent when talking about games like Mortal Kombat 11, which actually disgusts me with its excessive and photo-realistic gore.

ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #17801 on: June 13, 2020, 03:53:16 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/young-black-male-found-hanging-from-a-tree-in-palmdale-quickly-labeled-a-suicide-up-named-robert-fuller.226072/post-36817303

I don't feel good about posting this because it's about a black man found hanging from a tree. The coroner ruled no foul play.  There is a case linked in that thread about another black male who did the same thing.

It seems pretty easy to determine foul play in such a case.  Are there bruises on arms, wrists, or ankles where he was restrained?  Any broken bones or bruising caused from a beating?  Any drugs that would disable the victim?  Any defensive wounds as they protected themselves from a knife attack or other?  Does depression and suicide only effect young white girls?

Instead of mourning they choose to make a conspiracy theory to fit their world view.  "OMG, he was found dead 2 blocks from a police station.  That must mean the police were involved."    I'm sure there was a Starbucks closer to him.  Are they to blame?

The way they twist and create paranoid grievances to suit their political views is simply disgusting.  Consider all the people they wished death upon and then once they committed suicide they suddenly jockeyed to be the most remorseful and saddened. 

It's like when some girl in high school dies by a DUI driver and they put on the most preformative grieving so they get the attention.   That basically describes Era.  They are the abused Theater Kids who are on a mission to prove that Event X has left them in the most anguish and they need the most emotional reassurance.
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17802 on: June 13, 2020, 03:58:06 AM »
What? From what I've seen he just reviews stuff on his channel at least Sony found it okay to supply him with a review code, I'll trust their judgement thank you.
Ok, so I have to report you. What a bummer.

:walkaway
ὕβρις

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #17803 on: June 13, 2020, 04:58:07 AM »
Nah, people are already coming to terms with watching loved ones die because they gotta get the Chili’s special tonight! Got stimulate that economy and gotta get a rack of ribs and a blooming onion. Ride and die for the chili’s hive.

Outback has the blooming onion, Chili’s has the awesome blossom :ufup

Snoopycat_

« Reply #17804 on: June 13, 2020, 06:00:29 AM »
Oh Jeebus, looks like alt right hate site The Ree needs to have another conversation

https://www.resetera.com/threads/transgender-rights-are-not-a-boutique-issue-regardless-if-it-polls-well.226243/

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17805 on: June 13, 2020, 07:15:24 AM »
Doesn't matter how much it's repeated: The Last of Us is not a story about zombies. I think being reductionist is understandable for a simple fan (or rather, the total opposite), but a professional journalist should stay above that level of public discourse. If someone thought the other tweets were hyperbolic, then answering with simplified points is not the best course of action either.

:snob

Oh god :neogaf

Schreier flippantly dismissing TLOU II as "the new zombie videogame" was frankly rude and disrespectful, particularly from someone that's so knowledgeable and tied into the industry, someone who fully understands the sacrifices and blood and sweat that it takes to make a game like this.

It's like calling The Shawshank Redemption "the new prison escape movie" or The Godfather "the new shooting movie" or 2001: A Space Odyssey "the new sci-fi adventure movie". It's disingenuous and he knows it.

:lol  :crybaby
ὕβρις

Ghoul

« Reply #17806 on: June 13, 2020, 07:42:43 AM »
Hoes mad.

zepblackstar

« Reply #17807 on: June 13, 2020, 07:45:17 AM »
Now that Jason is in a respectable news outlet without having to really pander to the resetera noobs of the world. he isn't giving a fuck

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #17808 on: June 13, 2020, 08:10:19 AM »
Made the mistake of entering the Little Devil Inside controversy thread. :fbm
Team apologizes and commits to changing the designs... "but the wording [by a team of non-native English speakers] is a bit iffy!".

God i can't wait for America to collapse so i don't have to read their shit, even by mistake, anymore.  :lawd

spoiler (click to show/hide)
To any American on TheBore, i'm sorry if you were offended, of course.  :doge
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #17810 on: June 13, 2020, 09:32:42 AM »
Man, they're out in full force defending their zombie pew pew game.

Are you spoiling the game !? Jesus !
ὕβρις

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #17811 on: June 13, 2020, 09:43:29 AM »
Team apologizes and commits to changing the designs... "but the wording [by a team of non-native English speakers] is a bit iffy!".

Obvious racist intentions with those cute character designs.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #17812 on: June 13, 2020, 10:04:17 AM »

Obvious racist intentions with those cute character designs.
The call out of the design isn't even what bothers me, it's the subsequent "everybody's being sly and dog whistling" paranoia that follows.
Not every apology statement is going to be checked and vetted by the Resetera Woke Attorney Team, to make every single banned term is avoided.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #17813 on: June 13, 2020, 10:10:01 AM »
https://twitter.com/Circushellspawn/status/1271648668576370690

i thought japanese people were polite with their racism

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17815 on: June 13, 2020, 10:16:02 AM »
Reminder that cancel culture doesn't exist

https://www.resetera.com/threads/famous-rule-34-artist-caught-liking-anti-blm-anti-black-tweets.226237/post-36826672

https://www.resetera.com/threads/youtube-musician-voice-actor-blackgryph0n-caught-liking-far-right-tweets-by-candance-owens-and-others.226297/post-36833695

"Famous rule 34 artist"
 :foodcourt

Quote from: Jonnax
I've not looked at their art.

But if it's anime stuff (I presume from the "-chan" in their name) then I'm not surprised.

Seems like a lot of anime fans are racists.

:pika

Quote from: Vern
Damn, era members not only know their porn, they also know their internet porn rules, as well as people that draw pictures of famous characters as porn. I need to quit coming here.

:expert

Quote from: Messofanego
I have never heard of her, but some people I know follow her so notified them about this.

:nugenix
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 10:22:30 AM by bork »
ど助平

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #17817 on: June 13, 2020, 11:00:03 AM »
Anybody that draws on the internet knows Sakimichan, because she makes everybody seethe with impotent rage with her Patreon numbers.

Alternatively: Ahah Anime titties make the money go brrrrrrrrrrr.

Ghoul

« Reply #17818 on: June 13, 2020, 11:47:49 AM »
My GF thinks I'm a pussy....

Today is a beautiful day, and I want to spend it outside, but my girlfriend wants to go shopping, out to eat, and go to a park. But I just don’t feel it’s safe. I live in a very bad area in terms of covid, and while I get the impulse to go out and act normal, I just can’t do it. I told her this and she said I can’t live in fear and to just wear a mask everywhere. But I’ve been out to get groceries and NO ONE is wearing a mask. I feel like people look at me like I’m a freak because I’m the only one. I don’t want this to get heated but it’s just not smart. My dad has diabetes, and I do not want to risk it.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-gf-is-mad-at-me-for-being-scared-of-covid.226444/