Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3135514 times)

Averon

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #23220 on: August 06, 2020, 06:56:17 PM »
Why is this poll allowed?

It's just like the trans threads where it just shows that the majority is full of shit and can't walk the walk. It's depressing as hell and I can't stand seeing it.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

So, are these people going to whine and get every poll that doesn't go their way banned? Are they just mad that polls remind them that they are the minority, even on ResetERA of all places?

Yulwei

« Reply #23221 on: August 06, 2020, 06:59:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/drdisrespect-returning-to-streaming-soon-up-now-live-on-youtube.263181/page-10#post-41847498
Quote from: TaterTots
Quote from: giant_frying_pan
I already covered this.

He's a cunt, got fired for being a cunt, his PR team tried to make the firing a massive secret to boost his profile, rather than the actuality of him being a cunt.

And I'm falling into the trap by posting about him and therefore, boosting his profile.

You win this round, Dr Disrespect PR Team...!!1
I get you don't like the guy and that's fine, but that word is disgusting to use.
Quote from: newmoneytrash
I get you don't like the guy and that's fine, but that word is disgusting to use.
what is with all of the puritanical dorks in this thread

:lol

A lot of women do not like that word so using it is a no no. Casually throwing it around is pretty gross and dismissive. Unless, you don't actually care about how women dislike that word of course.

:karen
i like how the guy trying to show what a woke ally he is suddenly finds himself on the receiving end of an even woker take :neogaf

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #23222 on: August 06, 2020, 07:00:29 PM »

It's just like the trans threads where it just shows that the majority is full of shit and can't walk the walk. It's depressing as hell and I can't stand seeing it.

So, are these people going to whine and get every poll that doesn't go their way banned? Are they just mad that polls remind them that they are the minority, even on ResetERA of all places?

These fuckers can't tell me they're okay with real people wearing these kind of outfits or less when they're this fucking upset about people liking Camry's ass

Averon

« Reply #23223 on: August 06, 2020, 07:02:06 PM »
I would argue that the poll reflects that people are afraid of discussion because no matter how subtly they express their view they risk being banned or called a sexist or something. They aren't afraid to express themselves in a poll though.

Now why would that be the case  :thinking

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23225 on: August 06, 2020, 07:05:23 PM »
I would argue that the poll reflects that people are afraid of discussion because no matter how subtly they express their view they risk being banned or called a sexist or something. They aren't afraid to express themselves in a poll though.

Poll removed  :lol

Yulwei

« Reply #23226 on: August 06, 2020, 07:08:08 PM »
Is that a poll showing men like big asses?  :shaking :shaking

Boredfrom

« Reply #23227 on: August 06, 2020, 07:10:11 PM »

Get depressed by fucking online opinion polls at forums, folks.

Averon

« Reply #23228 on: August 06, 2020, 07:10:24 PM »

Poll removed  :lol

Whelp, that answered my question. They might as well ban polls altogether at this point.

Boredfrom

« Reply #23229 on: August 06, 2020, 07:19:07 PM »
I thought they already banned polls for “sensitive” issues.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23230 on: August 06, 2020, 08:11:08 PM »
As this stream is simply on a loop with no new information, the thread has been locked. In addition, we are no longer offering a platform to Dr Disrespect or his streams.

The buttrage is real.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #23231 on: August 06, 2020, 08:33:30 PM »
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1291471461463609344

The way Fox News cuts away from Trump about to say something stupid reminds me of Era locking threads to protect prominent members when they've stepped in it. 
sigh

Clockwork5

« Reply #23232 on: August 06, 2020, 09:44:50 PM »
Why do these industry people even bother with RE when they could just go to reddit and have 100X the audience. RE is 50k people, 40% of which are banned.
There is still the mirage that RE is somehow the evolution of GAF. While its becoming apparent that the GAF community has dispersed, it was once a place that industry people could actually talk about the development, journalism and business surrounding games and there was a sense of mutual respect.  Even in the final stages of CrazyGAF, those folks found a captive audience.

Now its a gotcha game, just like everything else on RE. It seems as though the true industry people left a while ago and the ones hanging on are those on the periphery hoping to gain some traction. They will learn as well that RE is nobodies friend.

zepblackstar

« Reply #23233 on: August 06, 2020, 10:02:51 PM »
and have your own facebook,twitter,instagram accounts for even bigger audience. Resetera is something awful 2.0

Why do these industry people even bother with RE when they could just go to reddit and have 100X the audience. RE is 50k people, 40% of which are banned.

ShutUp

« Reply #23235 on: August 06, 2020, 11:09:08 PM »
"Can't even walk the walk!!" as they are yet again getting asshurt because yet another online poll didn't go the way the GroupThink wanted it to and had to YET AGAIN remove the poll.  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23236 on: August 06, 2020, 11:51:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/drdisrespect-returning-to-streaming-soon-up-now-live-on-youtube.263181/page-10
Quote from: ColdSun
As this stream is simply on a loop with no new information, the thread has been locked. In addition, we are no longer offering a platform to Dr Disrespect or his streams.

Dr. Disrespect = CANCELED
:dsp
ど助平

Averon

« Reply #23237 on: August 07, 2020, 12:02:00 AM »
"Can't even walk the walk!!" as they are yet again getting asshurt because yet another online poll didn't go the way the GroupThink wanted it to and had to YET AGAIN remove the poll.  :lol

They are only banning those polls because the mods can't find out who voted what way in them. They said it was some quirk in the forum's software they didn't anticipate. I bet you if the mods could see who voted for what option in a poll, they wouldn't be banning them. You'd think the discovery that a large majority of their userbase can only be honest through anonymous polls would be an issue worth correcting. But instead, they see it as a flaw  :lol

Clockwork5

« Reply #23238 on: August 07, 2020, 12:59:19 AM »
But they still know they are there, lurking in the shadows... how can anyone feel safe knowing the majority of the user base appreciates a fat ass?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23240 on: August 07, 2020, 01:59:54 AM »
Trump signs executive order banning transactions with Tencent
Gamers: *gets Trump elected President*
Trump: Hey fuck those Chinese right?
Gamers: YEAH FUCK THEM CHINESE, GO AMERICA
Trump: *slams down company keeping LoL and other major games alive*
Gamers: Wait what not like that

The White Gaming Class
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23241 on: August 07, 2020, 02:23:07 AM »
Looking forward to the next VGAs and how they're covered on Era.

Who's going to win fan favorite streamer? Is it going to be the always congtroversial [REDACTED], or the more wholesome [REDACTED]? Or maaaaaayyyyybe, the outside bet [REDACTED]?

How about best publisher? Will it be [REDACTED] for their cyberpunk magnum opus [REDACTED], or will it be [REDACTED] for their shakeup in the formula of their long running [REDACTED] franchise? Or will [REDACTED] finally earn critical acclaim to meet their financial clout with the surprisingly good fun [REDACTED]?

I guess we'll find out on the night with host Geoff Keighley and special guest hosts [REDACTED], [REDACTED] and in a surprising first, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez who will be playing a charitable game of [REDACTED] as a support with [REDACTED], [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] under team captain [REDACTED] from [REDACTED].

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #23242 on: August 07, 2020, 02:26:49 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23244 on: August 07, 2020, 03:12:48 AM »

These fuckers can't tell me they're okay with real people wearing these kind of outfits or less when they're this fucking upset about people liking Camry's ass

Depends if the lore of their existence and their life stories justify it.
 :social2
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23245 on: August 07, 2020, 03:14:38 AM »

ABOLISH SECRET BALLOTS FOR THE GOOD OF DEMOCRACY YOU FASCISTS
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23246 on: August 07, 2020, 03:22:57 AM »
I thought they already banned polls for “sensitive” issues.

They sort of nodded along to the idea during the latest impromptu struggle session the Prominent and Justified Voices launched but the moderation didn't really follow through for lack of motivation, consensus or just the awareness that it's a stupid fucking idea to remove a basic functionality from the forum (imagine not having an option for a poll in the year of our Lord 2020).

So I guess the policy is to wait for the mob to throw a fit and react accordingly.
ὕβρις

SmokyDave

« Reply #23247 on: August 07, 2020, 04:20:58 AM »
Quote from: TouchOfGray
Damn sure is a lot of people mad that a poll with a result that was pretty much telling women on this forum to go fuck themselves got removed.
Eh, if that was one of the options, I get why they removed the poll. I also get why it was the winning answer.

How obsessively self-centred would you need to be in order to feel like that? How arrogant to speak for the tastes and sensibilities of an entire gender? 'Go fuck yourselves' is both the correct response to these people, and good advice for them to take.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #23248 on: August 07, 2020, 04:32:18 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/drdisrespect-returning-to-streaming-soon-up-now-live-on-youtube.263181/page-10
Quote from: ColdSun

Dr. Disrespect = CANCELED
:dsp

"I tell ya I get no respect. The other day they had a poll over on resetera whether I should be pushed off my platform. Half of them said yes, the other half said wait for the train!"

:rodney

"I tell ya I get no respect, no respect all. I told my wife I don't feel like a big strong man who can satisfy her now that i'm not working. She told me ever since I stopped working, that's all she feels like!"

"That's the story of my life, I get no respect at all. I asked my lawyer if he thought I had a case. He said only if I could prove my face didn't look like this beforehand."

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #23249 on: August 07, 2020, 05:18:13 AM »
Damn sure is a lot of people mad that a poll with a result that was pretty much telling women on this forum to go fuck themselves got removed.
Eh, if that was one of the options, I get why they removed the poll. I also get why it was the winning answer.

How obsessively self-centred would you need to be in order to feel like that? How arrogant to speak for the tastes and sensibilities of an entire gender? 'Go fuck yourselves' is both the correct response to these people, and good advice for them to take.

Maybe if they got fucked every once and a while they wouldn't be so pent up with rage.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #23251 on: August 07, 2020, 06:09:54 AM »
HOW MANY PAGES? Jesus.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #23252 on: August 07, 2020, 06:44:41 AM »
Sony are holding back their big games. It'll be announced in January February March April May June July August September for sure

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23253 on: August 07, 2020, 08:01:33 AM »

Is this about the Cammy poll?  The voting options were just something like "Yes, change her design" and "No, keep it the same."  It was or was close to 70% in favor of not changing the design before they removed it.  :lol
ど助平

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23254 on: August 07, 2020, 08:08:54 AM »
I genuinely think the US, the EU and other nations in the G7/G20 could force the CCP to change China's governmental system into something democratic and with actual rule of law if they banded together with a proper agreement to effectively shut down China's economy with sanctions if it doesn't become a democratic state and stay that way.

Problem is, Trump isn't the right person to be trusted on anything related to China, even if he can be right for the wrong reasons.
ὕβρις

SmokyDave

« Reply #23255 on: August 07, 2020, 08:09:42 AM »
Is this about the Cammy poll?  The voting options were just something like "Yes, change her design" and "No, keep it the same."  It was or was close to 70% in favor of not changing the design before they removed it.  :lol
Hmm, that doesn't really sound like 'women of resetera can go fuck themselves', but maybe you're not attenuated to the dog-whistles.

I was shaken by this post:

Quote from: RecLib
I really, genuinely, enjoyed Nier Automata. But the designs on 2b and a2 were really trying. Very few games have been as great a test of my ability to enjoy something that is actively telling me to fuck off. The extent to which the two women protagonists in that game were sexualized was super gross.

Edit: This is to say I am very on board with the '2b or not 2b' suggested title.

I played through Nier, and I missed every time the game told RecLib to fuck off. I don't know if it was exclusive to the Playstation version though.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23256 on: August 07, 2020, 08:17:07 AM »
Trump signs executive order banning transactions with Tencent
Trump: Hey fuck those Chinese right?
Gamers: YEAH FUCK THEM CHINESE, GO AMERICA
Trump: *slams down company keeping LoL and other major games alive*
Gamers: Wait what not like that

how does this narrative work when they're so defensive about capital G Gamers who hate epic...due to its ties with tencent...and are happy to see anything that would take tencent down a peg
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23257 on: August 07, 2020, 08:19:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/should-will-a-street-fighter-6-do-away-with-cammys-gratuitous-ass-shots.262509/page-11#post-41850783
User Banned (Permanent): Sexist trolling, prior serious bans for sexism and racism
Quote from: fspm
Quote from: Dice
Women have been saying this shit for years, ya goofball. Men either weren't listening or getting straight up mad (hell, even in this thread) at people for daring to touch that ass..
Mad. No one cares, it's copcam's character and their design. They decide cammy wears a nun outfit so it'll be a nun outfit and your cries won't matter.
When 'women that have been saying shit for years' will make copcam a billion $ in sf5 no ass edition all other ass fighters will disappear.
Quote from: fspm
So you just repeated what I said. MK changed things and made more $ and Boon said ok, we'll stick to that. sf5 director knows he'll probably lose money cause target audience is a bunch of nerds who need ass. But you can prove him wrong and refund all costume and other mtx purchases or just refund sf5 in general.
Btw I didn't spend a dime on 5 cause it's a bad game ass or no ass so y'all can just relax those tight assholes.

:lol

Quote from: Oheao
Quote from: Zork
Man, we're going to bring back #CoreValues cause of perspectives like this.
I don't understand your point.
User Banned (Duration Pending): Dismissing concerns of objectification over multiple posts.
Quote from: Zork
Man, I sure must have a dick in my hand if I failed to make a point. Oh well.

Your perspective on this is silly, is all, and reminds me of a silly period.

ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23259 on: August 07, 2020, 08:22:26 AM »
Bans handed out over people daring to question why the poll was removed.  These appear to be selective, since some posters saying the same thing didn't get banned.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/should-will-a-street-fighter-6-do-away-with-cammys-gratuitous-ass-shots.262509/page-12
User Banned (2 Weeks): Concern trolling around objectification
Quote from: Shadow-Link
Why remove the poll? Are we censoring results now?
User Banned (1 Month): Sexist concern trolling over a series of posts
Quote from: Nocturno
"So the censorship option didn't won so fuck it we are censoring it anyway" Amazing.
User Banned (1 Week): Concern trolling
Quote from: Hamchan
Removing the poll seems unwise. Do you want to know what the majority of people on this forum actually think or do you want to just put your head in the sand and pretend everyone here agrees on the same thing?
Quote from: Ishida
Take a wild guess.

Quote from: Richter1887
Honestly, even as a kid I thought Cammy's outfit was weird. I didn't grasp sexuality then but I had a feeeling that the character's design was weird.
:foodcourt
ど助平

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #23260 on: August 07, 2020, 08:29:30 AM »

They are only banning those polls because the mods can't find out who voted what way in them. They said it was some quirk in the forum's software they didn't anticipate. I bet you if the mods could see who voted for what option in a poll, they wouldn't be banning them. You'd think the discovery that a large majority of their userbase can only be honest through anonymous polls would be an issue worth correcting. But instead, they see it as a flaw  :lol
It is a flaw.

In the userbase.

And it will be corrected. #TrustTheProgress

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #23261 on: August 07, 2020, 08:30:01 AM »
LOL at the anger of the removal of the poll. Censorship my ass.

A totally innocuous poll being removed because it didn't lean the right way, without any explanation and punishment handed to those who question it ? I don't see what's weird. A normal day on a normal forum.
 :bluesteel
ὕβρις

nudemacusers

« Reply #23262 on: August 07, 2020, 08:32:30 AM »
did resetera forget all the 'daddy ryu' stuff last year? i'm sure that was in no way objectifying. these people realize cartoons are by their very nature not realistic, right. :lol
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23263 on: August 07, 2020, 08:35:44 AM »
did resetera forget all the 'daddy ryu' stuff last year? i'm sure that was in no way objectifying. these people realize cartoons are by their very nature not realistic, right. :lol

they see that as correcting a longstanding imbalance

old ryu was a MALE power fantasy, daddy ryu is finally giving women what they want after 30 years  :-*
Uncle

Yulwei

« Reply #23264 on: August 07, 2020, 08:47:34 AM »
Correctly pointing out that that pronouns gang and the mods censored the poll results because they didn't like the outcome is now concern trolling and worth a ban. :insane

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23265 on: August 07, 2020, 08:55:28 AM »

This version of the game came out in Japan.  Is officially called the "Hot Package" and Ryu's costume is referred to as "Hot Ryu."

:exxy
ど助平

samir

« Reply #23266 on: August 07, 2020, 09:03:06 AM »
They should make her ass even bigger and have her wear less clothes imo  :smug

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23267 on: August 07, 2020, 09:05:38 AM »
They should make her ass even bigger and have her wear less clothes imo  :smug

PC has mods for that.
:heyman
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23268 on: August 07, 2020, 09:06:59 AM »
It's also in another thread.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dusk-golem-sfvi-was-delayed-out-of-2021-due-to-several-bad-decisions-by-ono-ex-team-mechanics-was-demoted-likely-replaced-by-midori-yuasa.262560/page-11

Quote from: ImaPlayThis
Yeah, but am I the only one who finds the sexualisation in sfv to be weirdly inconsistent? like they were straight up going to have Laura's ass out, they have Cammy/Mika, Juri's original concept and things like all of Chun's costumes being hyper sexual. Then at the same time they make 100% sure to make sure every character wearing a skirt/dress has shorts on underneath, they change Sakura's gym knickers to a weird giant nappy thing. I member I made a joke shortly after release that creators got laid after release which quenched their thirst because it does feel extremely weird, like they wanted their DOA cake and eat it
:expert

Top of the page official ResetEra mascot  :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Edit: This was the top of the page a minute ago!  :lol
ど助平

jorma

« Reply #23269 on: August 07, 2020, 09:07:14 AM »
:neogaf

https://www.resetera.com/threads/we-should-actively-campaign-for-animal-crossing-new-horizons-for-goty-heres-why.262995/

We Should Actively Campaign for Animal Crossing New Horizons for GOTY: Here's Why

the shilling on era is getting out of control

Locked! I can't really decipher this lockmsg, but i'm pretty sure it's  :derp

While this OP might be well intentioned, such a discussion should be lead by a woman not a man otherwise it could be read as condescending. Women are involved in the creative process and are players of many different game genres (violent or otherwise). We don't need to be pigeonholed as just 'simulation game' players in this manner.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #23270 on: August 07, 2020, 09:08:33 AM »
Hmm, that doesn't really sound like 'women of resetera can go fuck themselves', but maybe you're not attenuated to the dog-whistles.

I really, genuinely, enjoyed Nier Automata. But the designs on 2b and a2 were really trying. Very few games have been as great a test of my ability to enjoy something that is actively telling me to fuck off. The extent to which the two women protagonists in that game were sexualized was super gross.

Edit: This is to say I am very on board with the '2b or not 2b' suggested title.

I played through Nier, and I missed every time the game told RecLib to fuck off. I don't know if it was exclusive to the Playstation version though.

"I can't believe Shakira and Jennifer Lopez just told me to fuck off"

benjipwns

« Reply #23271 on: August 07, 2020, 09:13:50 AM »
FACT CHECK: Women hate feeling sexy. It brings shame upon their fathers and brothers.

samir

« Reply #23272 on: August 07, 2020, 09:15:13 AM »
Women don't like showing of their bodies, says 35 year old men on the internet

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23273 on: August 07, 2020, 09:16:43 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

"I can't believe Shakira and Jennifer Lopez just told me to fuck off"

Every time I see that gif, I just think of this ridiculous post:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot2-i-have-no-pants-and-i-must-scream-read-op.65064/page-333#post-28782644
Quote from: Minsc, post: 28782644, member: 22529
You know how everyone likes to laugh (or be disgusted) at Xenoblade 2 character design?  Hope you didn't watch the superbowl half time show, this could almost be DLC for the game.  Everything has to keep getting racier and racier I guess (don't forget the twerk off).   At least she has human proportions I suppose, unlike Xenoblade 2.

I think it certainly doesn't help the situation imo when one of the most watched television shows does something like that.  I'm sure people look at that and use it as a bar in some way as what's acceptable.  But it's not just the superbowl, you see that kind of in a lot of prime time media, especially anything to do with modern concerts.
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #23274 on: August 07, 2020, 09:19:13 AM »
why didn't they model Shakira and JLo more accurately as to the women's figure

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #23275 on: August 07, 2020, 09:19:43 AM »
Women don't like showing of their bodies, says 35 year old men on the internet

Who act like 85 year old grandmas.
 :whatisthis
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #23276 on: August 07, 2020, 09:19:48 AM »
and those outfits would never protect them in a street fight, very impractical imo

BisMarckie

« Reply #23277 on: August 07, 2020, 09:29:14 AM »
and those outfits would never protect them in a street fight, very impractical imo

FACT CHECK: Most street fights end up on the ground within 10 seconds. Less clothing means fewer opportunities for your opponent to pull you by your shirt. :expert

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #23278 on: August 07, 2020, 09:29:59 AM »
they could team up with dahlia from xb2 and they would look like 3 sisters
:whoo
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #23279 on: August 07, 2020, 09:36:22 AM »
:exxy
©@©™