Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3135053 times)

NekoFever

Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #30360 on: November 17, 2020, 02:13:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/at-what-point-does-this-get-ridiculous-judges-react-to-trump-election-lawsuits.327662/

Era: “Those dumb MAGAs will believe anything.”

Also Era: “This court transcript that says Trump’s filings were written in crayon, has lawyers claiming that chocolate on a ballot is unconstitutional and ends in a Billy Madison quote seems legit.”

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30362 on: November 17, 2020, 03:30:00 AM »
So again, nothing about peoples' economic conditions, the effects of decades of neoliberalism, the dismantling of OFA and unilateral disarmament by the dems after he got in office. Just more "Palin said some crazy things then everything got bad". Interesting. I'm having a hard time believing he's this clueless.
I mean, there is only so much that can be covered in that article. For all you know some of the stuff you're eluding to gets discussed in the book.

:nothing
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30363 on: November 17, 2020, 03:31:57 AM »
Saying he's "blaming" rap music is a cop-out. He's high-lighting the cross-over and trying to understand why some Black men would be drawn to support Trump's wannabe machismo.

Also, this is DEFINITELY an in-house discussion that shouldn't be drawn out here.

Obama didn't get the BCT memo  :ufup
ὕβρις

« Reply #30364 on: November 17, 2020, 04:15:55 AM »
A lot of Panda misinformation in that thread

SmokyDave

« Reply #30365 on: November 17, 2020, 04:38:17 AM »
Edit: Y'know what, fuck it. Rain is rain and the wet stay wet.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 04:47:10 AM by SmokyDave »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30366 on: November 17, 2020, 05:03:46 AM »
A lot of Panda misinformation in that thread

Panda ?
They're cute.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30367 on: November 17, 2020, 05:08:39 AM »
Oh man that Nepenthe post :neogaf

The mention of rap music seems like an ancillary example to illustrate quickly why some black men might have gone for Trump- capitalism. It's also not an example that hasn't ever been made by more left-leaning black folks. Let's not act shocked, nor air this out in white-ass Era, hmm?

Aren't you an admin ?
ὕβρις

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #30368 on: November 17, 2020, 06:09:51 AM »
Edit: Y'know what, fuck it. Rain is rain and the wet stay wet.

And a hit dog hollers.
Margs

Averon

« Reply #30369 on: November 17, 2020, 06:48:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/alanah-pearce-joins-sony-santa-monica-as-a-writer.327629/

What's with ERA's weird hate boner for Alanah Pearce? Half the replies in that thread would get you banned on ERA for misogyny and spewing "GamerGate rhetoric" if this was any other woman. But Alanah Pearce is one of the few women ERA members are allowed to dunk on with impunity.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 07:11:10 AM by Averon »

Borealis

« Reply #30370 on: November 17, 2020, 06:53:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/alanah-pearce-joins-sony-santa-monica-as-a-writer.327629/

What's with ERA's weird hate boner for Alanah Pearce? Half the replies in that thread would get you banned for on ERA misogyny and spewing "GamerGate rhetoric" if this was any other woman. But Alanah Pearce is one of the few women ERA members are allowed to dunk on with impunity.

Didn't condemn CDPR and Pewdiepie enough apparently.

SmokyDave

« Reply #30371 on: November 17, 2020, 06:55:20 AM »
Someone needs to bring up the fact that she's pansexual, and then the bans will fly. Not a good look, era.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #30372 on: November 17, 2020, 07:03:34 AM »
CANCEL GOD OF WAR
CANCEL CORY BARLOG
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Snoopycat_

« Reply #30373 on: November 17, 2020, 07:03:38 AM »
Successful, pretty, female. That's all it takes for Ree to abandon an ally.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30374 on: November 17, 2020, 07:09:31 AM »
Let's not air this out on male-ass ERA, OK. In house kitchen laundry. :wag
ὕβρις

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #30375 on: November 17, 2020, 07:11:02 AM »
that mega 64 thread is great. 

ree'ers are defined by their ability to turn being an obnoxious, callous shithead into some sort of moral imperative. they'll take someone's trivial faux-pas or minor divergence from the "right" opinion and firestorm the perpetrator in the name of progression. even those who are uneasy with the tactics will be on board with the general sentiment, believing it's this fiery sword of righteousness that stays their hand when destroying someone's life over a something so minor.

the mega 64 thread completely exposes them for what they are though. they react to a dumb skit where the only "victim" is a massive global corporation with the same inquisitional tone. it's not just something they don't like, it's clearly heresy and as such the earth must cleansed of it.

they were always bitter cunts, but now they've become bitter cunts who will subconsciously twist anything that crosses of offends them on any level into something that they genuinely believe they have a moral imperative to destroy.

SmokyDave

« Reply #30376 on: November 17, 2020, 07:20:05 AM »
Let's not air this out on male-ass ERA, OK. In house kitchen laundry. :wag
I was in my kitchen doing laundry as I read this.

Literally shaking rn.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #30377 on: November 17, 2020, 07:25:51 AM »

What's with ERA's weird hate boner for Alanah Pearce?
They're not allowed to have regular boners.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #30378 on: November 17, 2020, 07:27:31 AM »

What's with ERA's weird hate boner for Alanah Pearce? Half the replies in that thread would get you banned on ERA for misogyny and spewing "GamerGate rhetoric" if this was any other woman. But Alanah Pearce is one of the few women ERA members are allowed to dunk on with impunity.

The thread is mostly filled with people congratulating her. 

But those standout posts... 
:neogaf

Quote from: Kenzo
Alanah is the best but this recent video is a bit concerning with the people she played with.

Quote from: Kenzo
Quote from: Ninja Scooter
care to elaborate or just nah?
ChrisRayGun is a right wing sjws are bad type of youtuber and NakeyJakey has a pic of him hugging known racist JonTron with a heart as the caption.
Quote from: Eeyore
Yeah they're both fools. If we're going to use this logic though, Cory has interacted with people like Boogie in the past.

:shaking

Quote from: Simply Sami
Wrong thread

Fuck her. She created a ‘’but seriously, is pewdiepie is a nazi’’ video a few years back and conveniently deleted it a few weeks backs when I mentioned it in this thread.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/alanah-pearce-is-leaving-rooster-teeth.315337/page-3#post-49794862

:tinfoil
ど助平

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #30379 on: November 17, 2020, 07:30:49 AM »
If Disney can fire James Gunn for jokes from 10 years ago, they can fire Gina Carano for this.

So the lesson RE took from the James Gunn controversy wasn't that the reactionary firing of people is bad, but instead that more people need to be fired

paprikastaude

« Reply #30380 on: November 17, 2020, 07:32:42 AM »
that mega 64 thread is great. 

ree'ers are defined by their ability to turn being an obnoxious, callous shithead into some sort of moral imperative. they'll take someone's trivial faux-pas or minor divergence from the "right" opinion and firestorm the perpetrator in the name of progression. even those who are uneasy with the tactics will be on board with the general sentiment, believing it's this fiery sword of righteousness that stays their hand when destroying someone's life over a something so minor.

the mega 64 thread completely exposes them for what they are though. they react to a dumb skit where the only "victim" is a massive global corporation with the same inquisitional tone. it's not just something they don't like, it's clearly heresy and as such the earth must cleansed of it.

they were always bitter cunts, but now they've become bitter cunts who will subconsciously twist anything that crosses of offends them on any level into something that they genuinely believe they have a moral imperative to destroy.

:ltg It's about the PANDEMIC guys, I'm not offended by my favorite toy being smeared by a greasy fat man. Just like I want an easy mode in Dark Souls because I care about the disabled, not because I'm shit at the only medium I know anything about. Just like I defend the honor of Marvel because they are leading allies in social justice, not because I'm too stupid for good literatur or movies. BELIEVE ME OR I WILL SCREECH.  :ltg

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #30381 on: November 17, 2020, 07:35:57 AM »
Might need to create a new ree account so I can hate on women there too :mynicca
(ice)

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #30384 on: November 17, 2020, 07:40:00 AM »
No word yet on why a thread that only exists to point at the pinned thread has not been consider non-productive.

Perhaps it’s the scintillating discussion on how to make a pinned thread more visible. I’d go with colorful text, larger font, and sparkles. Everybody loves sparkles.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #30385 on: November 17, 2020, 07:47:14 AM »
Big enchilada: there’s nothing to really say in the transgender awareness week thread anyway, aside from just tossing out the same platitudes as everyone else :trumps

(ice)

Shuri

« Reply #30386 on: November 17, 2020, 08:10:08 AM »
It’s the same cornballs that cry about a destroyed $500 gaming console but won’t hesitate to drop 1500 on a fucking gpu and $500 on 128gb of RAM  that will stay idle all days except for the 2-3 hours a week to play some fuckass moba or a console port instead of doing something useful with that firepower

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30387 on: November 17, 2020, 08:10:11 AM »
If Disney can fire James Gunn for jokes from 10 years ago, they can fire Gina Carano for this.

So the lesson RE took from the James Gunn controversy wasn't that the reactionary firing of people is bad, but instead that more people need to be fired

This is coincidentally also the same lesson they learn from every summit they have, except replace 'fired' with 'banned'

paprikastaude

« Reply #30389 on: November 17, 2020, 08:59:57 AM »
Good examples
TLoU, Tomb raider

Bad examples
Zelda, Mario

(Image removed from quote.)

:mike

Any nintenyearolds on resetti brave enough to defend their beloved brand - from Capcom of all things, which they already hate so much for not porting their AAA games to Switch? :biden I bet several hardcore manbabies like TheMoon are itching to, but know that they'd get banned in no time.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #30390 on: November 17, 2020, 09:04:18 AM »
I liked the sex scene in The Last of Us 2.

Good job making a sex scene that was more tasteless than the entirety of RapeLay.   :itagaki

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30391 on: November 17, 2020, 09:42:08 AM »
Really feels like Capcom are being grifted by a "Western values consultant" or something being given an example of Tomb Raider as "LGBT", when it has zero LGBT characters or themes, sold like shit until it hit the Deep Discount bins at less than $10 within a couple of months after launch, and even the people that like the game aren't exactly championing it as GOTY.

Meanwhile I'm pretty sure the latest Zelda and Mario games have sold the best those franchises have for awhile, and have actual female playerbases

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #30392 on: November 17, 2020, 10:10:35 AM »
I would hate for games to be designed to appease internet arguments instead of researching what the customers want.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30393 on: November 17, 2020, 10:24:02 AM »
You'd assume they learnt their lesson from DmC with the unashamed DMC5 killing it both critically and commercially, but :idont

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30394 on: November 17, 2020, 10:25:13 AM »
Starting to feel like a lot of these "Progressives" and "Lefties" are just grifters.

'In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony Left's blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my liberalism.'
ὕβρις

SmokyDave

« Reply #30395 on: November 17, 2020, 10:45:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jaden-i%E2%80%99m-ready-official-music-video-from-marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-game-soundtrack.327938/#post-51771632

Quote from: TP-DK
Mumble rap and autotune turned up to 11 - the music video

"This is not mumble rap lmao, and autotune isn't a problem."
"Smh"
"This is one of the silliest things I've read on Era in ages, lol."
"Sigh..."
"Joke? I honestly can't tell, because some of you on this forum are actually this lame, especially on gaming side."

And on and on from there. Holy shit rap fans are fragile today.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #30396 on: November 17, 2020, 10:51:53 AM »
mumble rap is the corporate choice for when they run out of classic rock songs to make a whispy lo-fi ballad out of.

thetylerrob

« Reply #30397 on: November 17, 2020, 11:03:16 AM »
Remember when Gaf/Era dick rode Kanye West and defended everything he did and hated Childish Gambino to the point where they argued that the "This is America" video was somehow racist against black people? I member. Fucking Pitchfork reading ass clowns.

paprikastaude

« Reply #30398 on: November 17, 2020, 11:04:32 AM »
You'd assume they learnt their lesson from DmC with the unashamed DMC5 killing it both critically and commercially, but :idont

Resident Evil and Monster Hunter are stronger than ever commercially and critically, Megaman and DMC back in a good state too - dropping some of the worst weeb shit certainly didn't hurt (last Nintenderp MH game ended with an idol dance). Yet calling doom because of some internal powerpoint sheet. :confused
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 11:10:54 AM by Spieler1 »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #30399 on: November 17, 2020, 11:46:33 AM »
:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge
VINCE MCMAHON IS A TERF, SOMEONE INFORM RESET ERA ASAP :money

:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge
(ice)

SmokyDave

« Reply #30400 on: November 17, 2020, 11:49:42 AM »
Not sure they'll get away with closing this one:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-xbox-one-x-and-xbox-series-x-gameplay-in-30-minutes.327989/

Won't someone think of the sticky threads?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Heh. Sticky threads. Told ya I was doing the laundry.
[close]

Edit: More posts in 20 minutes than the stickied Trans Awareness week has had all week. Thing is, that kinda sucks but it goes to show that first and foremost it's a site about videogames, not GSM rights.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 12:01:48 PM by SmokyDave »

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #30401 on: November 17, 2020, 12:23:46 PM »
4 real: that trans awareness thread is why they should have likes, theres not really much discussion to be had beyond posting fuck terves or something :snob
(ice)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30402 on: November 17, 2020, 12:28:13 PM »
no1curr  :girlaff

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30403 on: November 17, 2020, 12:37:03 PM »
Meh. Both transphobic adverts spotted in the opening 2 minutes.

Fuck this garbage company and its vapid game.

:umad

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #30404 on: November 17, 2020, 12:43:38 PM »
Love how for the first 500 posts or so, you had like two posters bring it up, and everyone ignoring them. Then, after the ‘gamers’ cleared out, we can have the proper hate fest.

:crowdlaff

Can’t transera see how ‘Notice me, Senpai!’ they are being?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #30405 on: November 17, 2020, 12:45:51 PM »
that unique post schizophrenia

Uncle

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30406 on: November 17, 2020, 12:46:13 PM »
lol at thinking trans rights are more important than vidya  :neogaf

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #30407 on: November 17, 2020, 12:49:10 PM »
:gamer
(ice)

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #30408 on: November 17, 2020, 12:59:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cyberpunk-2077-xbox-one-x-and-xbox-series-x-gameplay.327989/page-9#post-51786275

Quote from: Theorry, post: 51786275, member: 13097
[MEDIA=twitter]1328753110890786820[/MEDIA]
Quote from: Radium217, post: 51786521, member: 60994
What on earth is John smoking? Guess he needs those frame graphs to tell him when something is running sub 30?
Quote from: Jamrock User, post: 51787307, member: 39016
Yikes

Add this to the list of why he'll never come back here.
Quote from: Zor, post: 51787388, member: 27400
That and his friendship with known bigots, yeah?

DF guy slandered annihilated
Margs

Averon

« Reply #30409 on: November 17, 2020, 01:01:43 PM »
I don't know why people ignoring them gets them so butt hurt so badly. As they so often say, "De-platforming works" and "don't give the bigots any oxygen." They already condemned 90% of the forum to be transphobic shit-heels, so why give the shit-heels any attention? Is it simply to ban bait?

thetylerrob

« Reply #30410 on: November 17, 2020, 01:06:14 PM »
I don't know why people ignoring them gets them so butt hurt so badly. As they so often say, "De-platforming works" and "don't give the bigots any oxygen." They already condemned 90% of the forum to be transphobic shit-heels, so why give the shit-heels any attention? Is it simply to ban bait?

Averon

« Reply #30411 on: November 17, 2020, 01:26:56 PM »
They locked the thread  :lol

Hermit

« Reply #30412 on: November 17, 2020, 01:28:14 PM »
Thread locked after too many "Looks amazing! Can't wait to play!" posts.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #30413 on: November 17, 2020, 01:28:18 PM »
Imagine if this was actually about trans rights and not a goddamn videogame

Averon

« Reply #30414 on: November 17, 2020, 01:32:47 PM »
What do they even consider a "hype thread" to be? Any thread about CP 2077 that isn't filled with mindless "Fuck CDPR and fuck this game" posts? Any thread that talk about the game in any positive manner?

SmokyDave

« Reply #30415 on: November 17, 2020, 01:32:50 PM »
Fair play to ‘em walking the walk for once.

...wait, they’re just moving to the other thread?  :lol

Averon

« Reply #30416 on: November 17, 2020, 02:05:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/page-35#post-51794534

Nah, it’s not going to be a war.

It’s going to come to the point where we Trans either are forced to leave out of simple weariness or stay knowing this is never going to be a safe space for us.

TransERA are going to be forced to leave because...people want to talk about a videogame on a videogame forum?  :confused

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30417 on: November 17, 2020, 02:23:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cdpr-is-a-transphobic-company-its-time-we-stop-making-excuses-for-them.307474/page-35#post-51794534

Nah, it’s not going to be a war.

It’s going to come to the point where we Trans either are forced to leave out of simple weariness or stay knowing this is never going to be a safe space for us.

TransERA are going to be forced to leave because...people want to talk about a videogame on a videogame forum?  :confused

you left out
The best part is Era exists because someone from the old site was a Transphobic sexual predator, and now all these years later when it’s finally time to show this site is different, no one can still bring themselves to put the axe to CDPR or Harry Potter.

:confused

I'm not gonna defend evilore but are they just inventing their own origin stories now?

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #30418 on: November 17, 2020, 02:24:51 PM »
the world won't bend to my will  :trumpcry

paprikastaude

« Reply #30419 on: November 17, 2020, 02:27:52 PM »
"Cyberpunk highest selling new IP since Fortnite"
"Cyberpunk best rated game of the year"

NOT NEWSWORTHY STOP TALKING