Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3132823 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #43020 on: May 17, 2021, 10:55:25 AM »
biden is losing the coveted yass queen demo = (

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43021 on: May 17, 2021, 11:02:22 AM »
So I do have an update. I got an email from the professor of our module, saying (slightly paraphrased)

dear writerinthedark

some of your classmates have reported they have attempted to ask you for help in completing their academic work, and you have by all accounts, unkindly refused to do so. In this year of covid turmoil, kindness can mean a great deal to people struggling with so much, and I would ask you to reflect on this the next time you are approached in such a way.

Regards, mr teacher.

:dunno

This OP is :maf :punch about this email from their professor, and (as usual) era are falling over themselves to massage their ego (again), but given this posters history of misinterpreting events to paint themselves in the best possible light to cover up their own massive university fuck ups with hilarious thread backfiring results has me wondering what the actual deal is here, because the entire chat they blocked were calling them a selfish prick according to their own OP, and reading through the carefully sugar coated language and emphasis on "being kind" it sounds like their professor is also asking them if they can possibly be less of a cunt in future :lol

Given Personation and Plagiarism are both universal British University actions of Gross Academic Misconduct, any suggestion that someone wanted to copy their essay and that thats endorsed by their teacher seems highly unlikely.
Is OP fucking over someone with learning difficulties and/or who was forced to miss a large part of the relevant course due to Covid and was unlucky enough to get the OP as a research partner?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #43022 on: May 17, 2021, 11:23:41 AM »
maybe op is the TA.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #43023 on: May 17, 2021, 11:53:05 AM »
Excuse me, it's Dr. Teacher. :snob
©@©™

killamajig

« Reply #43024 on: May 17, 2021, 12:25:53 PM »
Era needs to be more specific with that logo change. Which country am I supposed to be sending good vibes to? Those colors be any of theses just to name a few.

1:United Arab Emirates
2: Sudan
3: Palestine
4: Kuwait
5:Jordan

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #43025 on: May 17, 2021, 12:27:47 PM »
So I do have an update. I got an email from the professor of our module, saying (slightly paraphrased)

dear writerinthedark

some of your classmates have reported they have attempted to ask you for help in completing their academic work, and you have by all accounts, unkindly refused to do so. In this year of covid turmoil, kindness can mean a great deal to people struggling with so much, and I would ask you to reflect on this the next time you are approached in such a way.

Regards, mr teacher.

This OP is :maf :punch about this email from their professor, and (as usual) era are falling over themselves to massage their ego (again), but given this posters history of misinterpreting events to paint themselves in the best possible light to cover up their own massive university fuck ups with hilarious thread backfiring results has me wondering what the actual deal is here, because the entire chat they blocked were calling them a selfish prick according to their own OP, and reading through the carefully sugar coated language and emphasis on "being kind" it sounds like their professor is also asking them if they can possibly be less of a cunt in future :lol

Given Personation and Plagiarism are both universal British University actions of Gross Academic Misconduct, any suggestion that someone wanted to copy their essay and that thats endorsed by their teacher seems highly unlikely.
Is OP fucking over someone with learning difficulties and/or who was forced to miss a large part of the relevant course due to Covid and was unlucky enough to get the OP as a research partner?

I’m sure he didn’t help because he had to run to ERA to bemoan the lack of community and good people in the world.

:beli

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #43026 on: May 17, 2021, 12:29:21 PM »
Era needs to be more specific with that logo change. Which country am I supposed to be sending good vibes to? Those colors be any of theses just to name a few.

(Image removed from quote.)

I got to agree with you on this. Their change is not only vague, its almost completely unnoticeable unless you actively look for it. Even for toothless, pointless gestures, its a failure.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43027 on: May 17, 2021, 12:30:33 PM »
they all hate america too, so it doesn't really matter :trumps

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #43028 on: May 17, 2021, 12:35:38 PM »

Considering Palestine was a latecomer I'm surprised they didn't go with something more unique

Switters

« Reply #43029 on: May 17, 2021, 12:50:55 PM »
I thought there was a Sbarro's steam sale or something and not the Sudanese flag....

troll

Jansen

« Reply #43030 on: May 17, 2021, 12:52:54 PM »
"Again wrong. Biden is a person who believes in the development and protection of a Jewish nation. Stop trying to give the man a pass on this. He's not playing politics. He's not incompetent. He's not doing this because advisors told him to. This is his true belief.

Jesus the amount of cognitive dissonance from people trying to justify how they voted for a genocidal psychopath is astonishing"

From happy that Trump is no longer the president too are current president is a genocidal monster

There's just no way Biden can make these cunts happy

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #43031 on: May 17, 2021, 01:11:09 PM »
How come you can criticize Israel without it being anti-semitic, basically one rant away from going off about the "Jew elite", but if you call (cheap)Chinese manufacturing shoddy or criticize the Chinese government, you eat a ban for Sinophobia? :thinking

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #43032 on: May 17, 2021, 01:17:57 PM »
"Again wrong. Biden is a person who believes in the development and protection of a Jewish nation. Stop trying to give the man a pass on this. He's not playing politics. He's not incompetent. He's not doing this because advisors told him to. This is his true belief.

Jesus the amount of cognitive dissonance from people trying to justify how they voted for a genocidal psychopath is astonishing"

From happy that Trump is no longer the president too are current president is a genocidal monster

tbf a load of people (on there and in general) deluded themselves into thinking biden was something he isn't, I imagine this is (a largely hated on ree :teehee ) Bernard brother coming in to smug post :bernie
(ice)

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #43033 on: May 17, 2021, 01:23:25 PM »
How come you can criticize Israel without it being anti-semitic, basically one rant away from going off about the "Jew elite", but if you call (cheap)Chinese manufacturing shoddy or criticize the Chinese government, you eat a ban for Sinophobia? :thinking

I mean, with the media controlling rants, its really only a step away before decrying their control of banks and the blood libel.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43035 on: May 17, 2021, 01:40:29 PM »
Go woke, go broke :trumps
🤴

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #43036 on: May 17, 2021, 01:40:52 PM »
https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1394306514295287814

:doge

Don’t worry Imran, I like to think very few people make decisions based on your words.

:sabu

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43037 on: May 17, 2021, 01:52:50 PM »

I wonder what he means about pressuring people into taking actions based on his words :hmm
spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1394184587773841408

:lucille

PLZ NO ACCEPT IMPLICIT RESIGNATION
[close]

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43038 on: May 17, 2021, 01:54:33 PM »
What exactly do they want Biden to do - other than put a flag and FREE PALESTINE in his twitter handle, obvs - anyway?

US military occupation of the West Bank?  :doge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #43039 on: May 17, 2021, 01:58:38 PM »

It's Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month, jackass.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43040 on: May 17, 2021, 02:07:05 PM »
I recall Imran was a pretty chill dude on NeoGAF back in the day but he really got sucked into the Reeverse of madness.
🤴

Snoopycat_

« Reply #43041 on: May 17, 2021, 02:18:53 PM »
Kinda hope Neil Druckmann would come out in support for Palastine.

For obvious reasons -- his voice would be very powerful

:era

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #43042 on: May 17, 2021, 02:25:52 PM »
Hamas rep for next smash bros dlc plz

Propagandhim

« Reply #43043 on: May 17, 2021, 02:30:12 PM »

...and if he doesn't, we'll know why.

:nothot

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43044 on: May 17, 2021, 02:36:03 PM »
Here's a real ally

🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #43045 on: May 17, 2021, 03:32:30 PM »

He literally made a 200 million dollars game shitting on Palestinians.  :doge

jorma

« Reply #43046 on: May 17, 2021, 03:36:46 PM »

:lol

not even Netanyahu would bother getting on his twitter to shout "blood libel, this is blood libel!" at Neil Druckmann

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #43047 on: May 17, 2021, 03:56:17 PM »

last of us 2 is person who believes in the development and protection of a Jewish nation propaganda? :doge
(ice)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #43048 on: May 17, 2021, 04:07:43 PM »
 :kermit

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #43049 on: May 17, 2021, 04:09:19 PM »

last of us 2 is person who believes in the development and protection of a Jewish nation propaganda? :doge

https://www.vice.com/en/article/bv8da4/the-not-so-hidden-israeli-politics-of-the-last-of-us-part-ii

Of course the article jumps to conclusions but there are some similarities

Edit: actually the article is worse than I remembered. You're not making a point by comparing a military checkpoint from the game to a real life checkpoint
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 04:17:22 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #43050 on: May 17, 2021, 04:28:25 PM »

That sounds suspiciously like his corporate masters forcing him to delete a post and then apologise.

Resignation in 3-2-1....
Spud

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #43051 on: May 17, 2021, 04:40:13 PM »
Some key people at Ziff Davis and J2 Global are Jewish, good chance they won't be pro Palestine.

I think era is about to make a list. You know, just to keep track of who is who

samir

« Reply #43052 on: May 17, 2021, 05:06:44 PM »
I see that Islamist and ISIS defender RustyNails is still allowed to post. :doge

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #43053 on: May 17, 2021, 05:40:02 PM »

Nah, i was taking the piss.
But Druckmann did mention that violence against some Israeli soldiers and his feeling of wanting revenge were an inspiration for the game's plot.
And there's that awkward Synagogue segment that felt somewhat shoehorned in, tbh.

Some suggested the Scars were representing the Palestinians, and the WLF was the IDF.
Seems a bit of a reach, but i wouldn't put anything past his goofy ass.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43054 on: May 17, 2021, 05:45:27 PM »

IGN removes a politically charged post: "they're both sidesing, claiming each side is as bad as the other! shameful!"

biden doesn't call for a mideast ceasefire: "both american political parties are awful!"
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43055 on: May 17, 2021, 05:54:46 PM »

That sounds suspiciously like his corporate masters forcing him to delete a post and then apologise.

Resignation in 3-2-1....

don't think it's corporate masters, it's him realizing he writes for the game industry and is currently burning bridges with every ign employee by calling them cowards who refuse to quit their jobs

and by proxy perhaps anyone else at other sites like gamespot etc. who will view his future applications in this light
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43057 on: May 17, 2021, 06:02:54 PM »
when you play a sony system you feel like you're sitting down with a well tuned acoustic guitar, and you can feel your beard growing as you pluck the strings, it's got this rustic authenticity that can't be faked

when you play an xbox it's like you're pulling out a shitty electric guitar, a cheap one your dad bought you when you were 12, and it doesn't sound good at all but you can't tell the difference because all you want is "le epic metal"

when you play a nintendo you're basically plinking away on a fisher price rainbow xylophone with one of the bars missing
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43058 on: May 17, 2021, 06:06:23 PM »
Well he's right. Everything Microsoft does is just a clone of what someone else did. And usually it's worse and sometimes a bit better.
There are very few things related to Xbox that are original and most of those things were picked up from another company somewhere halfway through development like HALO, Minecraft and Gears of War.
🤴

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

HaughtyFrank

Propagandhim

« Reply #43061 on: May 17, 2021, 06:16:22 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multinational_companies_with_research_and_development_centres_in_Israel

Get to boycotting, ResetERA.com. :ufup

So it's actually Israelis responsible for this garbage?   Damn, I was being Sinophobic.

Resetera was right, (((they're))) playing both sides of the system.

benjipwns

« Reply #43062 on: May 17, 2021, 06:21:28 PM »
Someone should demand a statement as to whether or not ResetERA.com is hosted on Amazon's Web Services, a company with a large Israeli footprint that once refused to deliver for free to Palestine.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #43063 on: May 17, 2021, 06:23:53 PM »
Well he's right. Everything Microsoft does is just a clone of what someone else did. And usually it's worse and sometimes a bit better.
There are very few things related to Xbox that are original and most of those things were picked up from another company somewhere halfway through development like HALO, Minecraft and Gears of War.
Yeah Sony never rushed to copy Nintendo, with a shittier product, for example.  ::)

benjipwns

« Reply #43064 on: May 17, 2021, 06:30:41 PM »
Ryan McCaffrey being the executive editor of previews should've said something by now, but I guess his silence speaks volumes.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #43065 on: May 17, 2021, 06:33:25 PM »
Someone should demand a statement as to whether or not ResetERA.com is hosted on Amazon's Web Services, a company with a large Israeli footprint that once refused to deliver for free to Palestine.

listen, some things are just unavoidable, it's a shitty world we live in

but we have to pay a premium to watch the new mulan a few weeks early BECAUSE the entertainment eases the pain of the knowledge that disney works alongside the genocidal chinese government
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #43066 on: May 17, 2021, 06:34:42 PM »
Not even half a year and Biden is already going full on war criminal. Will probably win a Nobel peace prize for it as well.
:brain

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #43067 on: May 17, 2021, 06:35:18 PM »
Waypoint handled this pretty clever. Instead of making their own support Palestine article they just report about how IGN's got shut down

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #43068 on: May 17, 2021, 06:41:20 PM »

listen, some things are just unavoidable, it's a shitty world we live in

but we have to pay a premium to watch the new mulan a few weeks early BECAUSE the entertainment eases the pain of the knowledge that disney works alongside the genocidal chinese government

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #43069 on: May 17, 2021, 06:52:09 PM »
https://www.fanbyte.com/trending/ign-parent-company-damages-journalism/

lol fanbyte went the waypoint route lmao. Fuck sakes.

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1394376472177954817

:brain

We’re shitting on IGN, but we sure as fuck aren’t gonna write about it.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 06:57:15 PM by Ghoul »

benjipwns

« Reply #43070 on: May 17, 2021, 07:03:06 PM »
I thought it wasn't "censorship" when a private company does it? :teehee

samir

« Reply #43071 on: May 17, 2021, 07:04:06 PM »
"Editorial independence"  :neogaf

Bruh, you're a fucking video game "journalist"

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #43072 on: May 17, 2021, 07:21:43 PM »
lmao these fucking idiots

https://ignemployees.medium.com/an-open-letter-to-leadership-at-ign-ziff-davis-and-j2-global-f7171d5ad42f
in keeping with IGN’s ongoing efforts to highlight causes that are important to our team — such as our support for Black Lives Matter last year and our more recent celebration of AAPI Heritage Month and joining the call to end AAPI hate. The victims here deserve the same support.

We ask that the management body responsible for the decision accept that responsibility publicly.

We ask that management recognize IGN’s editorial authority and autonomy with regards to what it publishes, regardless of whether that work is news, reviews, features, guides, video content, or promotion of initiatives our staff feels are important, such as issue awareness or charitable support.

we are adamant that corporate leadership does not get the final word in editorial decisions.

If the corpo's agree to this then they are COWARDS and IGN will have 90% slacktivism content and 10% gaming blog.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 07:26:36 PM by Nintex »
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #43076 on: May 17, 2021, 07:48:27 PM »
This is very good.

However, I'm a bit perplexed at Ryan McCaffrey's name being on this considering only a few minutes before this statement was released, he finished recording a podcast with far right/racist commentator Colin Moriarty -- a person who just yesterday was criticising IGN employees for posting this article.

It's a minor thing, but I am very surprised to see Ryan McCaffrey's name on that list at the bottom. He's been silent on twitter about any of it as far as I can tell, and is buddy-buddy with Colin Moriarty as recently as this week, a guy who criticized IGN (and others) for putting up the post in the first place.
Yeah. Exactly.

Completely silent while also going on a far right podcast with a man who was shaming IGN's employees for doing this in the first place.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #43077 on: May 17, 2021, 07:52:04 PM »
ryan mccaffrey sends his regards  :biden

Propagandhim

« Reply #43078 on: May 17, 2021, 07:53:57 PM »
Wondering if it's worth having IGN as a source here now that we discovered Ryan is an alt-right gamergator.  They also gave Cyberpunk a 9/10 and never mentioned the problematic issues with the game.   Which makes sense now.