Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3136362 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #44880 on: June 21, 2021, 07:57:16 AM »
Why would a grade school put on a murder trial?

Teachers put on all the big live historic events: Apollo Launch, Martin Luther King speech, etc. Can't think of any recent ones. Brett Kavanaugh nomination maybe? Although these days kids can just watch things on their phones so I guess teachers don't feel the need.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #44881 on: June 21, 2021, 09:02:23 AM »

Happened all the time when I was in school.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
extremists teachers indoctrinating children with real time history
[close]

SmokyDave

« Reply #44882 on: June 21, 2021, 09:06:26 AM »
Rage gobbling on your way out of a job is akin to the epics of Homer and the accounting of Gilgamesh.
Eh, it's happened before.

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #44883 on: June 21, 2021, 10:14:55 AM »

Can't speak for a grade school but my high school stopped everything and wheeled those old CRTs into the classrooms when the verdict was reached.  I was in 10th grade at the time. 

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #44884 on: June 21, 2021, 10:44:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-having-an-important-talk-with-my-son-today-pro-wrestling-related-and-advice-appreciated.445775/

On our way to school today, my son asked if WWE is fake. I told him we need more time to talk about it, so we'll talk when he gets home from school. He said if it's fake he's going to tell everyone to not watch WWE because it's fake. Also, he already knows Vince is a mad man who controls the commentary team and referees by yelling in their ear. He basically came up with the idea "what if Vince controls the matches too!?"

A little background info, we watch AEW in our home. We do not watch WWE. So I think he thinks just WWE is fake, and not all of pro-wrestling, so this is going to be a tough conversation. Probably harder than the Santa and Tooth Fairy talk. I'm a bit nervous about it.

Parents of Era, please share your advice about how you had this talk with your children. It would be greatly appreciated

:beli
Oi Oi

SmokyDave

« Reply #44885 on: June 21, 2021, 10:46:47 AM »
"Kid...."

"Dad?"

"Wrestling's fake"

...that's it. Job done. I suspect this matters much more to parent than it does to child.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #44886 on: June 21, 2021, 10:51:27 AM »
Wrestling is real.

People are fake.
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #44887 on: June 21, 2021, 10:53:17 AM »
Not a parent but I would point a difference between fake and predetermined.

:dead

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Propagandhim

« Reply #44888 on: June 21, 2021, 10:53:31 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/im-having-an-important-talk-with-my-son-today-pro-wrestling-related-and-advice-appreciated.445775/

On our way to school today, my son asked if WWE is fake. I told him we need more time to talk about it, so we'll talk when he gets home from school. He said if it's fake he's going to tell everyone to not watch WWE because it's fake. Also, he already knows Vince is a mad man who controls the commentary team and referees by yelling in their ear. He basically came up with the idea "what if Vince controls the matches too!?"

A little background info, we watch AEW in our home. We do not watch WWE. So I think he thinks just WWE is fake, and not all of pro-wrestling, so this is going to be a tough conversation. Probably harder than the Santa and Tooth Fairy talk. I'm a bit nervous about it.

Parents of Era, please share your advice about how you had this talk with your children. It would be greatly appreciated

This is "the talk" for yt folx.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #44889 on: June 21, 2021, 10:56:04 AM »
i would strongly advise him to keep kayfabe

but then he's watching fucking aew :lol :lol :lol
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 11:01:22 AM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #44890 on: June 21, 2021, 10:56:37 AM »

I remember when the verdict was announced, it was 9th grade Earth Science class and my teacher played the verdict over the radio.
^_^

Superstar

« Reply #44891 on: June 21, 2021, 10:57:59 AM »

More embarrassing is that he's raising his 5 year old to be an ultra smark by telling him how evil Vince controls everything behind the scenes.

BIONIC

« Reply #44892 on: June 21, 2021, 10:59:47 AM »
The kid in a few hours:  :goldberg
Margs

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #44893 on: June 21, 2021, 11:02:13 AM »
why would you ask ree for parenting advice or not just text your mum or some shit :lol :lol :lol
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44894 on: June 21, 2021, 11:05:48 AM »
Wrestling is real.

People are fake.

Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #44895 on: June 21, 2021, 11:40:40 AM »
once the kid knows it's scripted, the magic can go away, but part of the appeal of pro wrestling when you know it's scripted is trying to predict what's coming and knowing about the behind the scenes stuff, etc

:doge

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #44896 on: June 21, 2021, 11:53:43 AM »
why would you ask ree for parenting advice or not just text your mum or some shit :lol :lol :lol

Getting laughed at by your mom for asking how to explain to her grandchild that wrestling is fake. :(
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #44897 on: June 21, 2021, 11:54:59 AM »
lie and say he's questioning if santa is real :rollsafe
(ice)

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #44898 on: June 21, 2021, 12:39:14 PM »
Excelsiorlef has been annihilated again.
User Banned (3 Days): Antagonizing Fellow Member; Thread Derail
Quote from: excelsiorlef
Quote from: BossAttack
Intentional hyperbole to suck you in. 😉

If you actually read on you'll see I stated just that while noting the very few films that have poor cinematography, in my opinion (Ant-Man 2, Thor 2).
Joke's on you I immediately no longer cared about your op and the lengthy you went to talk about it, and jumped straight to posting a reply because your intro thesis, what do I say hmmm... sucks so much?

Like you completely undermine whatever effort you put into this.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-can-we-talk-about-marvel-cinematography.445589/page-2#post-67899422

OBE

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44899 on: June 21, 2021, 12:44:37 PM »
even though thats almost the most slap-on-the-wristest possible punishments possible on era, incelchief is absolutely having a meltdown right now and threatening to sue / release ceriums epstein island photos / whatever if it doesnt get overturned

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44900 on: June 21, 2021, 12:46:50 PM »

If you actually read on you'll see I stated just that while noting the very few films that have poor cinematography, in my opinion (Ant-Man 2, Thor 2).
Joke's on you I immediately no longer cared about your op and the lengthy you went to talk about it, and jumped straight to posting a reply because your intro thesis, what do I say hmmm... sucks so much?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-can-we-talk-about-marvel-cinematography.445589/page-2#post-67899422

Shockingly this is the first real ban she got. I believe first one was reversed within minutes.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44901 on: June 21, 2021, 12:47:48 PM »
Also it is legitimately fucking hilarious that of all the snarky, shitty, needlessly aggressive, passive and otherwise, posts and causes incelchief has built their reputation as One Of the Worst Posters around, if they finally get got over defending MCU cinematography...  :delicious

kg

« Reply #44902 on: June 21, 2021, 12:49:25 PM »
cagey, one of the more tolerable PoliERA members, deleted their account, likely due to that Gorilla Glue girl thread

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tessica-brown-gorilla-glue-girl-has-launched-her-own-hair-care-line.445240/#post-67863608

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tessica-brown-gorilla-glue-girl-has-launched-her-own-hair-care-line.445240/page-2#post-67864190

Quote from: cagey
Embarrassing
Quote from: Kotto
What I said or the sheer amount of caucacity flowing through this thread?

The absolute levels of fragile caucacity in that thread was  :lawd
Got a one month ban for "white fragility" and "abuse of report system" for reporting Kotto and Aerith for hostile posts, bigoted insults, and pointed out the moderation staff moderates black posters differently when it comes to openly insulting other people versus everyone else on the site.

Saw the ban, decided I'm done, requested full account deletion, got called a Karen (lmao) when they granted the request. Petty little people.

Ironic bit is, given my career, I do more to fight discrimination in any given workday than these dopes do in a year working at GameStop or some generic IT department while moderating a message board on the side, but I'm the enemy cause I think people shouldn't be assholes to other people.

summary -- banned for reporting asshole behavior

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #44903 on: June 21, 2021, 12:49:53 PM »

©@©™

Tuckers Law

« Reply #44904 on: June 21, 2021, 12:52:00 PM »
I bet the discord after that incel ban is awash with chatter.

cagey, one of the more tolerable PoliERA members, deleted their account, likely due to that Gorilla Glue girl thread

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tessica-brown-gorilla-glue-girl-has-launched-her-own-hair-care-line.445240/#post-67863608

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tessica-brown-gorilla-glue-girl-has-launched-her-own-hair-care-line.445240/page-2#post-67864190

Embarrassing

Got a one month ban for "white fragility" and "abuse of report system" for reporting Kotto and Aerith for hostile posts, bigoted insults, and pointed out the moderation staff moderates black posters differently when it comes to openly insulting other people versus everyone else on the site.

Saw the ban, decided I'm done, requested full account deletion, got called a Karen (lmao) when they granted the request. Petty little people.

Ironic bit is, given my career, I do more to fight discrimination in any given workday than these dopes do in a year working at GameStop or some generic IT department while moderating a message board on the side, but I'm the enemy cause I think people shouldn't be assholes to other people.

It’s for the best.  With the trajectory taken by Nepenthe and a couple other posters there, I could see Reesetera actually being observed by some manner of law enforcement, even when taking into account that they’re all useless jelly-legged talkers too lazy and selfish to take any actual action in the world for the betterment of others.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 12:58:25 PM by Tuckers Law »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #44905 on: June 21, 2021, 12:52:49 PM »

Winter solider is  :snore

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #44906 on: June 21, 2021, 12:53:02 PM »

RIP the mods discord dm's (does it have them?)
(ice)

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #44907 on: June 21, 2021, 12:56:20 PM »
Wasn't excels main protector assumed to be sweet nicole, maybe this one will last more than 3 hours :pika
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #44908 on: June 21, 2021, 01:00:18 PM »

Embarrassing

They just love their inconsistent moderation. Letting people insult everyone in that thread but banning others for "antagonizing members" makes not much sense.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #44909 on: June 21, 2021, 01:01:30 PM »
Remember when Warren Beatty put on a powered flight suit and had to fist fight Hume Cronyn on an exploding aircraft carrier in The Parallax View?
©@©™

Switters

« Reply #44910 on: June 21, 2021, 01:02:36 PM »
Guys, my son is into wrestling. How do I put him up for immediate adoption?

Thanks in advance.
troll

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #44911 on: June 21, 2021, 01:02:37 PM »

Embarrassing

They just love their inconsistent moderation. Letting people insult everyone in that thread but banning others for "antagonizing members" makes not much sense.

maybe only a handful of posters are actually considered members Francis, mate :trumps
(ice)

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #44912 on: June 21, 2021, 01:05:36 PM »
I wouldn’t be surprised if they change incelchief’s ban to a thread ban.
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #44913 on: June 21, 2021, 01:07:05 PM »
Thread has been locked while we review a large number of reports. This may take an extended period of time. Any updates will be added to this post. Thank you for your patience.

Total numbers of posts in that thread is 72.  :lol

Imagine having a forum that has more reports for threads than posts.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #44914 on: June 21, 2021, 01:08:26 PM »
Thread has been locked while we review a large number of reports. This may take an extended period of time. Any updates will be added to this post. Thank you for your patience.

Total numbers of posts in that thread is 72.  :lol

Imagine having a forum that has more reports for threads than posts.

just like the bore dot com :smug
(ice)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #44915 on: June 21, 2021, 01:18:40 PM »

It's not inconsistent, it's consistently racist. Two wrongs make a right if you're non-white.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #44916 on: June 21, 2021, 01:20:56 PM »
They are near-universally incapable of handling very slightly dissenting opinions or politely opposing views on the most marginal of topics, it would make sense that the incredibly superficial and pandering “subtext” of Marvel movies would feel like bold and transformative societal commentary to these supposed adults.

SmokyDave

« Reply #44917 on: June 21, 2021, 01:23:19 PM »
Two wrongs make a right if you're non-white.
We regret to inform you that your submission for ‘Drill Bar or Sea Shanty’ has not been accepted.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #44918 on: June 21, 2021, 01:34:06 PM »
Singing sea-shanties while drinking grog and shandies sounds like something that should be done more often.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #44919 on: June 21, 2021, 01:37:07 PM »
Singing sea-shanties while drinking grog and shandies sounds like something that should be done more often.

https://youtu.be/49FWp7WLYKw

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44920 on: June 21, 2021, 01:42:19 PM »

Embarrassing

The joke's on you for being there that long among the psychopaths and racists. Welcome aboard the bore train.
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44921 on: June 21, 2021, 01:45:51 PM »
Guys, my son is into wrestling. How do I put him up for immediate adoption?

Thanks in advance.

I'm so sorry.

If it's any consolation, with advances in our understanding of the human genome, someday we may be able to screen for it pre-natally.

BIONIC

« Reply #44922 on: June 21, 2021, 01:52:56 PM »

Embarrassing

Post hog.
Margs

BikeJesus

« Reply #44923 on: June 21, 2021, 02:00:25 PM »
Incel was only banned because they said that shit to a black guy, and the blacks over there have been extra fragile lately.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #44924 on: June 21, 2021, 02:11:50 PM »
Just like how anytime it’s just a table full of nazis, anytime some of these posters see another disagree with them, even politely, all they hear is, “Die distinguished black fellow, look at all this white privilege I have HAHAHAHAHA!”

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44925 on: June 21, 2021, 02:52:29 PM »

Embarrassing

:salute
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #44926 on: June 21, 2021, 02:55:30 PM »
Just like how anytime it’s just a table full of nazis, anytime some of these posters see another disagree with them, even politely, all they hear is, “Die distinguished black fellow, look at all this white privilege I have HAHAHAHAHA!”

And then the same folks got really upset that some people expressed concerns about black kids killing each other and making rap songs about it.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44927 on: June 21, 2021, 02:59:49 PM »
The joke's on you for being there that long among the psychopaths and racists. Welcome aboard the bore train.

:era
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44928 on: June 21, 2021, 03:09:31 PM »

And then the same folks got really upset that some people expressed concerns about black kids killing each other and making rap songs about it.

Stay in your lane with your bum ass opinion cracker
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44929 on: June 21, 2021, 03:46:28 PM »
I'm wondering when "Using the report system to be a karen" is going to appear in an actual ban message now :thinking

Boredfrom

« Reply #44930 on: June 21, 2021, 04:10:01 PM »
Being anti science without knowing:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/rise-of-the-planet-of-the-ape-anti-science.446072/

This literally sounds like COVID/anti-vaxx conspiracy rolled into one. We're living in a time where more and more people distrust science while a catastrophe is at our doorsteps. People can say it's a movie, but people are also ignoring the power of movies and the reach that they have. A scientist can publish a paper, and it'll maybe be read by a few thousand people, while a movie can reach millions. Maybe it's time to stop making mad scientist movies. Look around and you'll find tons of movies making science the bad guy, or people misunderstanding and thinking science is the bad guy. Hell, people still think Jurassic Park failed because of stupid scientists tampering with DNA when in fact the park failed cause John Hammond was a cheap POS. How many people actually got the latter out of the movie? 

Wait what...

Also, that was not the point of Jurassic Park you distinguished mentally-challenged fellow.

.M   I know there's more to the movie than what I summarized, but that goes back to my point about Jurassic Park. People think JP failed because we were fucking with genetic power when it's actually human hubris that caused the park to fail.

Playing God sounds like human hubris you dumb bitch.

zomgee

• We've *all*
« Reply #44931 on: June 21, 2021, 04:18:33 PM »

rub

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #44932 on: June 21, 2021, 04:20:12 PM »
Jurassic Park failed because back then they couldn't check Dennis Nedry's Twitter history.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44933 on: June 21, 2021, 04:46:07 PM »

:era

:girlaff
Spud

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #44934 on: June 21, 2021, 05:58:50 PM »
Just got back from taking my mum for a meal out at a local pub, since she's having her kitchen done and so currently has no kitchen. We got sat down and ordered our food and drink via the app, then were hearing a lot of loud chat from a nearby table, which in itself is fine and expected in a pub. Quite quickly the chat was filled with loud exclamations of Fuck/Fucking/Fucker/Fucked at least once per sentence, which was annoying but we just sighed and shook our heads. Shortly after that though one of them went off on a loud racist/xenophobic tirade about how he was getting no government support for sending his grandson to University despite paying into the system for his whole life, but if his daughter in law put on a Burka or his son was "Fucking a Muslim" then they'd be getting all kinds of government money and everything for free.
At that point we complained to the staff behind the bar, who did go over to the table and ask them not to swear loudly, and it did settle down at that point for a bit.

More or less right as our food was arriving though it started up again and once the girl had finished bringing everything out we asked if they could maybe have another word with the group asking them to just tone down the language a bit, we weren't bothered about the fact they were talking loudly, it was what was being said that was the problem. At that point a guy from behind the bar came to our table and said there wasn't anything else he could do except move us since nobody else was complaining. At this point we'd started eating our food anyway, and moving us to the other side of the place would make very little difference with the volume of the swearing and racism. We tried to stress to him that the fact they were being loud wasn't the issue, you expect loud chat in a pub, but the frequent swearing and racism in a pub focused on sitting down to eat fresh cooked food was the problem. At this point the guys defence was "If we kicked out everyone who came in and was a bit racist about immigrants there'd be nobody left in here", and then re-iterated he couldn't/wouldn't do anything except move us and that he wouldn't ask the guys to move.
We just told him we didn't want to move, would just finish our food and then go. On his way back to the bar he did ask them again to ease back on the swearing and racism, to which one of them loudly replied "He's married to a Thai girl so how can he be being racist?"

I'm not being some kind of man-Karen by complaining here am I? I mean I was fine with loud talking, and could deal with the swearing even if it was really annoying, but the racist rants was crossing the line and I think I was justified in complaining....right?

Resetera social credit achieved :salute

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44935 on: June 21, 2021, 06:02:39 PM »
Uh yeah, that totally happened

🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #44936 on: June 21, 2021, 06:22:35 PM »
i wonder if his mum put out.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #44937 on: June 21, 2021, 07:09:39 PM »
For the bulls redoing her kitchen maybe.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #44938 on: June 21, 2021, 07:23:30 PM »

FUME5

« Reply #44939 on: June 21, 2021, 07:27:19 PM »
Way to let the entire forum know you have a tiny fucking penis whichever mod gave that ban message.