Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3136963 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #2340 on: February 09, 2020, 08:09:19 AM »
Delphine has gone rogue with the bans in that thread.

So much for the "bans are decided by multiple mods" lie...

You really think that's a ban that other mods won't sign off on? Their predelictions are basically identical, the only difference being that some will hate non-binaries or white people or men a little more than the others.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2341 on: February 09, 2020, 10:03:37 AM »
So much for the "bans are decided by multiple mods" lie...
No, that's no longer policy. Part of THE SUMMIT was an agreement to no longer risk the safety of members by making them have to wait for every staff member to sign off as was required previously.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2342 on: February 09, 2020, 10:14:01 AM »
How the fuck can you complain about mansplaining right after you dismissed the guy's wife's opinion?
When a lesbian condescendingly explains something to a straight woman, is that called lezsplaining?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2343 on: February 09, 2020, 10:15:08 AM »
How the fuck can you complain about mansplaining right after you dismissed the guy's wife's opinion?

or gloss over the fact a woman originally posted that tweet as 'internalised mysogyny'

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2344 on: February 09, 2020, 10:21:06 AM »
So they want people to report errors so that in the event of a recanvass they can fix those errors. Is that right?

So unless someone asks for a recount, the errors are canon?

:rofl

spoiler (click to show/hide)
era mods
[close]

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2345 on: February 09, 2020, 10:23:23 AM »
User Warned: Antagonizing another member

People still replying to PlanetSmasher in 2020?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2346 on: February 09, 2020, 11:05:34 AM »
I'm not sure Delphine really gets the point of the pics that make you laugh thread given their;
  • tone policing other members funnies
  • only post tweets that aren't even funny
  • holy fucking shit balls deep appropriation of millenial twitterisms

we love to see it, big mood
sometimes it truly be like that.
let's just give you a star for mansplaining
because "LOL WOMEN BE CRAY AHAH THAT'S FUNNY INNIT?"
dude is extra talented for real.
:donot

my more than 30 years of experience living as a woman

STOP TALKING LIKE A FUCKING TWEEN THEN, OOF BIG FEELS, IT DO BE LIKE THAT THO THINK EMOJI YIKES AND I OOP

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2347 on: February 09, 2020, 11:07:22 AM »
planetsmasher is pretty stupid tho
Maybe I'm an old person, but I used to enjoy fighting games because they had tons of modes to play around with and huge rosters of characters to play as. I'm not a big fan of this new trend toward tiny starting rosters that the developers expect players to pay to expand coupled with anemic offline modes you can blaze through in a day before being forced to spend the rest of your time grinding endless versus matches against random assholes online.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dragon-ball-fighterz-to-add-multiple-character-assists.169117/post-28957987

yeah i also loved the days when you had to buy a new game for $60+ ($90 for snes sf2 carts!) to get more characters and that was the only way new characters were added. i also enjoy pretending that wasn't the case and every fg started out for 60 man rosters and that didn't only happen on like the 5th or 6th iteration of a series and only came to consoles after a year+ in the arcades where i had to pay 25-50c every time i wanted to play a match.

Rman

« Reply #2348 on: February 09, 2020, 11:15:45 AM »
What’s up with PlanetSmasher? Dude has the weirdest takes around.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2349 on: February 09, 2020, 11:17:48 AM »
i dunno but he's in that thread talking about how he can't play a fighting game if he doesn't like the personalities of the characters :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2350 on: February 09, 2020, 11:18:41 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-kristen-wiig-as-cheetah.169080/#post-28949178

Quote from: Stinkles, post: 28949178, member: 5609
I wonder if she’ll flash her big ole untrimmed James Corden in a gruesome dance routine?

:what

Reported to my local mod captains, thanks for the head-up.  This kind of filth cannot stand on ResetEra.
ど助平

BrokenEchelon

« Reply #2351 on: February 09, 2020, 11:26:12 AM »
How are these rÉtards such complete failures at everything?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/it-is-scary-easy-to-get-into-debt.169196/

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2352 on: February 09, 2020, 11:52:11 AM »

- And of course, the interest started. I spent about £4300, and the interest was £109 a month? With massive minimum payments.

Thats....30% APR?

:neogaf

also massive minimun

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #2353 on: February 09, 2020, 11:53:43 AM »
Who buys all that shit unless you have the money for it?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #2354 on: February 09, 2020, 11:54:15 AM »
I'm not sure Delphine really gets the point of the pics that make you laugh thread given their;

STOP TALKING LIKE A FUCKING TWEEN THEN, OOF BIG FEELS, IT DO BE LIKE THAT THO THINK EMOJI YIKES AND I OOP

The escalation is also funny

Hilarious joke stereotyping women

Few posts later

is just insulting, demeaning, and incredibly othering

That joke became serious fucking business

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2355 on: February 09, 2020, 12:16:06 PM »

- And of course, the interest started. I spent about £4300, and the interest was £109 a month? With massive minimum payments.

Thats....30% APR?

:neogaf

also massive minimun

I think American Express are one of the few credit cards that actually charge you an annual fee just to have it too, so extra fucking special choice there

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2356 on: February 09, 2020, 12:19:39 PM »
Amex Blue has no annual fee.  They're good for making purchases on items that might get defective outside of whatever warranty is available, since they usually will apply their own version of a warranty to an item for an additional two years.

Have used them in the past to get full refunds on electronics that went bad past their warranty period- mainly phones.  IIRC The last time it happened they didn't even ask us to send them the phone, gave us a full refund, and then we took the broken phone and sold it on eBay for some extra money lol.
ど助平

Tripon

« Reply #2357 on: February 09, 2020, 12:32:24 PM »
Yeah, Amex is a great credit card company since their customer support is so good. The ones with the annual fees are also balanced with higher return rates, so you will actually can come out ahead if you make it your primary card. Mind you, I'm still on blue.

Edit: Also, they're one of the only companies that offer auto rental insurance for a one time fee. There's good reasons to have an AmEx card at least as a backup.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2358 on: February 09, 2020, 12:36:06 PM »
That posters from the UK based on his use of £ for his debt, and amex are a pretty bad choice over here :idont

Coffee Dog

« Reply #2359 on: February 09, 2020, 12:36:23 PM »
The worst part is that FighterZ probably has one of the best starting rosters of any fighting game in recent history, 20+ characters with a wide variety of playstyles. The DLC is what the fans ask for, which is a ton of Gokus. You miss very little by passing on the dlc and sucking it up.  :lol

Way to cut off your face to spite your face.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2360 on: February 09, 2020, 12:38:10 PM »
Yeah, Amex is a great credit card company since their customer support is so good. The ones with the annual fees are also balanced with higher return rates, so you will actually can come out ahead if you make it your primary card. Mind you, I'm still on blue.

Edit: Also, they're one of the only companies that offer auto rental insurance for a one time fee. There's good reasons to have an AmEx card at least as a backup.

Need to get me a blue- don't have an Amex after Costco dropped them.
ど助平

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2361 on: February 09, 2020, 12:44:33 PM »

He’s the most joyless and miserable sack of shit on ree which is REALLY saying something  :lol
Margs

ShutUp

« Reply #2362 on: February 09, 2020, 12:45:42 PM »

So...what about the 30 or more years of experience of the wife who found it funny?  :lol

Never change ERA.

ShutUp

« Reply #2363 on: February 09, 2020, 12:48:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-kristen-wiig-as-cheetah.169080/#post-28949178

I wonder if she’ll flash her big ole untrimmed James Corden in a gruesome dance routine?

Reported to my local mod captains, thanks for the head-up.  This kind of filth cannot stand on ResetEra.

Had that been about a MAHVEL!!! movie, somebody who posted something like that would've been banned and the account deleted.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2364 on: February 09, 2020, 12:49:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-peterson-destroys-intellectual-brain-by-seeking-quack-therapy-in-russia-for-benzodiazepines.169210/post-28971620

I don't really understand why they hate Peterson that much. Has he done legit bad shit? With RE you can't tell because they'd say the same shit if this was about someone like Colin Moriarty

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2365 on: February 09, 2020, 12:54:12 PM »
Need to get me a blue- don't have an Amex after Costco dropped them.
if you want a blue preferred lmk and ill give you my referral link, gives an extra cashback bonus to both of us :expert

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2366 on: February 09, 2020, 01:12:17 PM »
Can we not make fun of someone for getting addicted to anxiety medication while dealing with his wives cancer diagnosis or is that too hard.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2367 on: February 09, 2020, 01:22:09 PM »
I tried to make this metaphor more on the money but nah that’s about 100% - I will say that I very much doubt resetera would clown on Musk dying or being seriously hurt because he’s more of a clumsy occasional jerk than a deliberately disingenuous liar and grifter. And musk actually makes stuff and accelerated an essential public good with negative short term elements.

:dunno

[close]

Tripon

« Reply #2368 on: February 09, 2020, 01:25:59 PM »
That posters from the UK based on his use of £ for his debt, and amex are a pretty bad choice over here :idont

I see. Yeah, the differences by country would explain it. In the U.S. the large credit card companies  are Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discovery. Of those 4, AmEx gives the most generous terms, but are used less by Visa and Mastercard because of it.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #2369 on: February 09, 2020, 01:50:39 PM »
i know you are lurking stoning mason, so here

It's pretty funny how often mainstream media portrays nazis as bumbling idiots and never soulless, violent monsters.

Like imagine telling a holocaust survivor they were almost wiped out by the historical equivalent of the droids from the prequels

oh yeah, we barely had any of those movies showing nazi's as bad people.  :doge

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2370 on: February 09, 2020, 02:12:44 PM »
The Nazi's weren't as smart as often portrayed in the movies. Most of them were really fucking stupid and believed in fairy tales actually.
If it wasn't for some great generals early on in the war (most of whom had nothing to do with the Nazi party) they would've lost way earlier.

Notice how, when the Nazi's take over more decision making from the military after '41 everything quickly unravels.
They didn't move to a full war economy until right before the Allies landed in Normandy. Not wanting to sacrifice their living standards for the troops in the East.
Which meant sending their best troops with no winter clothing into the Russian winter.

Instead of producing one reliable type of tank like the Russians and Americans their 'Panzers' where all specialized vehicles which were hard to repair in the field and broke down easily.
The Nazi's were good at crushing smaller countries weaker than them. But once they had to fight the Russians/US or hell, even the RAF. They couldn't win because of their own stupidity.

Besides, who commits a genocide and documents the whole operation.  :snoop
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #2371 on: February 09, 2020, 02:22:42 PM »
Besides, who commits a genocide and documents the whole operation.  :snoop

You can take the Nazi out of the German but you can't take the German out of the Nazi

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2372 on: February 09, 2020, 02:36:10 PM »
I tried to make this metaphor more on the money but nah that’s about 100% - I will say that I very much doubt resetera would clown on Musk dying or being seriously hurt because he’s more of a clumsy occasional jerk than a deliberately disingenuous liar and grifter. And musk actually makes stuff and accelerated an essential public good with negative short term elements.

:dunno

[close]

RIP Total Biscuit
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2373 on: February 09, 2020, 03:18:28 PM »
It's a problem with the language and what it implies. The person who is physically dependent on the drug given to them for treatment is abusing it. The doctor who has the knowledge, training, and clarity to know the dangers of the drug is simply over prescribing.
You are making very little sense it this point. This is one of those case where someone on an internet forum is simply arguing for the sake of arguing. You don't magically become physically dependant on a drug. You cannot assume that the doctor was over prescribing a drug that is rather safe to prescribe. I am going to lay this out for you step by step.

Doctor prescribes a drug as a treatment for a medical problem. The prescription comes with instructions about dosage of the drug.
Patient takes the drug as prescribed.
Patient notices that the drug gives him a high. Patient takes more of the drug than needed for therapy.
Patient becomes psychologically addicted to the drug. He takes more of the drug due to addiction.
Patient becomes physically dependant on the drug due to long term abuse of the drug.
Peterson was not physically dependant on benzos from the onset. I would also like to point out the fact that it is very easy to get access to benzos without a prescription.

its basically your own fault, victims of the opioid crisis.
Shoulda had more bootstraps resilience self control.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #2375 on: February 09, 2020, 03:37:42 PM »
mans just thinking about the future
suck up to the billionaires now and get first round drafted by one as the pampered human pet

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #2376 on: February 09, 2020, 03:46:32 PM »
每天生气

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2377 on: February 09, 2020, 04:07:36 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2378 on: February 09, 2020, 04:25:36 PM »

Had that been about a MAHVEL!!! movie, somebody who posted something like that would've been banned and the account deleted.

Account is still unbanned.
:rage
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2379 on: February 09, 2020, 04:28:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/has-era-had-an-impact-in-your-life.169235/

this is gonna be good popcorn.gif

poll included!

First three responses:

Quote from: CormoranStrike, post: 28976751, member: 35136
Often quite negative. OT Era can give the impression life is just doom and gloom and there’s no point in trying to live a nice Life or make things better.
Quote from: nsilvias, post: 28976780, member: 560
im pretty sure this place is responsible for my recent anxiety problems.
Quote from: Servbot24, post: 28976796, member: 548
I would say I'm worse because of the forum, because it wastes a lot of time and creates a very small information bubble that's easy to over-rely on without actually being informed about things.

That said it's not that dramatic of an impact, and it's a simple pleasure to browse when I'm bored, even if there are more productive things I could be doing.

:engel
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2380 on: February 09, 2020, 04:31:31 PM »
Quote from: kaylaz, post: 28976927, member: 23246

This is a miserable place so no lol

Quote from: Common Knowledge, post: 28976931, member: 4602

Yeah, OT does a good job dampening my spirits the rest of the day quite often.

Quote from: DrewFu, post: 28976961, member: 42417

No, thankfully. This is the most depressing, negative community I've ever been part of.

Quote from: Masoyama, post: 28976973, member: 9963

Its made me see how uninformed people that think they’re informed can be. Also taught me to ignore the chicken littles in life that see the end of the world in every minor event.

Quote from: Ryaaan14, post: 28976978, member: 6192

It’s definitely contributed towards my distaste for video games

Quote from: Saifu, post: 28977033, member: 17502

Waste too much time on here and becoming increasingly anti-social...

SO POSITIVE
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2381 on: February 09, 2020, 04:32:37 PM »
Quote from: Pirate Bae (Administrator), post: 28977176, member: 86
I certainly have less time but I enjoy being part of this community and I've learned a lot so yes, I think this site has made me a better person.

:doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2382 on: February 09, 2020, 04:38:20 PM »
Quote from: Irishmantis, post: 28977381, member: 51645
Yeah from GAF to here I feel I’m a lot more “woke” fir a lack of a better term

Can kinda filter thoughts a bit more logically too
Quote from: blame space, post: 28977399, member: 123
you can filter thoughts? logically?

:lol
ど助平

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #2383 on: February 09, 2020, 04:39:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jordan-peterson-destroys-intellectual-brain-by-seeking-quack-therapy-in-russia-for-benzodiazepines.169210/post-28971620

I don't really understand why they hate Peterson that much. Has he done legit bad shit? With RE you can't tell because they'd say the same shit if this was about someone like Colin Moriarty

His whole "enforced monogamy is the answer" just in the wake of a mass murder carried by an incel was pretty bad on its own and as far as I can tell he has a whole catalog of stances I can only qualify as reactionary.

I think ERA's rejection is proportional to how omnipresent he was at some point in Internet discourse and the company he kept at that time. Not to go all guilt by association but when you're knee deep in that cesspool clique of Rubin / Crowder / Kirk / Shapiro... it's hard to believe you're not aware of the political bent you're serving and the sort of audiences you're pandering to.
ὕβρις

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2384 on: February 09, 2020, 04:45:53 PM »
https://twitter.com/kelsoscotty/status/1226586243926020096

The reactions from the three people at the end
 :heh  :larry :social
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2385 on: February 09, 2020, 04:51:06 PM »

That's not very Hella Money of you.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #2386 on: February 09, 2020, 04:59:51 PM »
Delphine went to town

Not being able to laugh at yourself or even groups you are a part of is unfortunate. That's a great joke, but if it crosses the line for you, I can't dispute that.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pics-that-make-you-laugh-ot-2020-nobody-else-volunteered.162321/post-28956609

User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Commentary Surrounding Sexism

Are the "karen" jokes about "i want to speak to your manager" stereotyping white women? And how much of a quorum is needed to decide if that has a racist interpretation? And what academic authority has the legitimacy to claim so?

Personally, that joke is "ok" (lazy). Its "women be shopping" levels of effort.
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Commentary Surrounding Sexism

Quote from: delphine
That's a lot to unpack my dear, but first let's just give you a star for mansplaining to a woman what a sexist joke should or shouldn't look like, congratz: ⭐

:lol :lol :lol

She wandered into the "funny pics" thread just to shit it up.  What a depressing person.
sigh

BrokenEchelon

« Reply #2387 on: February 09, 2020, 05:17:58 PM »
BLM BHM thread has 2 pages.

HaughtyFrank

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #2389 on: February 09, 2020, 05:50:27 PM »

This is just depressing levels of stupidity. Its 2020 and people are still buying stuff they cant afford on CC's. Its not even like they lost their job and needed food or whatever. A macbook and airpods. SMH
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2390 on: February 09, 2020, 06:00:08 PM »

This is just depressing levels of stupidity. Its 2020 and people are still buying stuff they cant afford on CC's. Its not even like they lost their job and needed food or whatever. A macbook and airpods. SMH
🤴

« Reply #2391 on: February 09, 2020, 06:04:04 PM »
There is an invite only thread going for the bcc folk get the forum even more moderated.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #2392 on: February 09, 2020, 06:17:04 PM »
Black Summit  :lol :lol

BrokenEchelon

« Reply #2393 on: February 09, 2020, 06:18:51 PM »

A dark day in black excellence  :lol :lol :lol :lol

samir

« Reply #2394 on: February 09, 2020, 06:19:17 PM »
We now have more leeway to ban first and ask questions later.

What could possibly go wrong?

Boredfrom

« Reply #2395 on: February 09, 2020, 06:22:41 PM »
Holy shit, don’t tell me this is because Kobe drama  :lol .

At this point I think is fair game to bring his rape allegations, a week already passed.

Boredfrom

« Reply #2396 on: February 09, 2020, 06:26:13 PM »
Quote from: Misty
Hello everyone, and welcome. The purpose of the meeting today is for ResetEra staff and BCC members to meet and discuss concerns and issues that the BCC has so that staff can work to create a more welcoming and safe environment for you all.

A few things, though. We ask that no one uses this meeting to air grievances against specific individuals. The purpose of this meeting is to discuss general concerns, and come up with solutions with you all to address them. It's more than fine to bring up examples of the kind of posts you'd like to see moderated more harshly or that you see as a problem that isn't currently addressed, but we'd kindly ask that you do not attach names to these posts. More specific concerns about users can be brought directly to staff, or reported. This also has the benefit of not bringing unwanted off-site attention to said users, as well as yourselves.

Secondly, we ask that no one bring up generic staff actions they disagree with if they have nothing to do with the issue of handling black-specific issues (i.e. don't try to relitigate unrelated bans).

With that said, we're here to listen and have a constructive dialogue, and we're hopeful that this meeting will lead to positive change. Thank you to everyone attending today.

Quote from: B-Dubs
As of late, I feel like we haven't been doing enough to push back against racism on ResetEra. We've banned the more blatant examples, but there have been threads where I look back on and feel we could have done better. The reason I wanted to speak with all of you in this, or any, setting is so that we can better figure out how to improve and what exactly we should be looking for.

I recognize a lot of you from threads where we have discussed things in the past. I came away from those threads with a lot of respect and do want to know what you all think and what more we can do to be responsive and address your issues.

Appologies for the delay, I need to work out the posting permissions for those taking part and then we can get started.

Boredfrom

« Reply #2397 on: February 09, 2020, 06:28:06 PM »
Quote from: DiZ
Tell me this. Why are you policing our language?

We never bump people from our community, but we get bumped all day long when we aren't in our section.

BrokenEchelon

« Reply #2398 on: February 09, 2020, 06:29:06 PM »
It must be so nice to be able to blame all your shortcomings in life on your skin color.

Boredfrom

« Reply #2399 on: February 09, 2020, 06:31:39 PM »
I dunno if that thread is supposed to be able to be seen by lurkers, so:

Quote from: Nephente
We now have more leeway to ban first and ask questions later. It's bit us in the ass a few times but I honestly prefer that because it allows us to better keep up with the speed of heated threads, versus pre Trans-Week where it was the opposite. Sometimes (assuming mitigating circumstances aren't a thing, like if mods are just away or there's other threads requiring attention), a hold-up can be because we're trying to establish clearly what we're banning for and who is crossing the line before we go in. Like, we can know when shit deserves a ban on sight immediately, but we can't have the banner be "Being a piece of shit." We gotta refer back to the books and precedent.

Quote from: Nephente
We look at post history, infraction history, and notes, and try to escalate from there. So that's why infractions might seem a little weird. Like, someone who posts something racist the first time is going to get a smaller infraction than the asshole who can't keep from going on and on about Blue Lives Matter shit by default. And we do know when members have a history of aggravating behavior.