Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3137246 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #8280 on: March 25, 2020, 10:50:12 AM »
Because the alternative was Sanders. An awful candidate who surrounds himself with even worse people. Honestly both Sanders and Biden should have stood down this year but this is what we have now. Also fuck the Intercept, not necessarily because of this story but rather because they are Russian propaganda.

:doge

« Reply #8281 on: March 25, 2020, 10:55:48 AM »
If you want my vote leave Russia alone

« Reply #8282 on: March 25, 2020, 10:57:08 AM »
I love and admire putin. He is great. America should be afraid

FStop7

« Reply #8283 on: March 25, 2020, 11:05:17 AM »
Because the alternative was Sanders. An awful candidate who surrounds himself with even worse people. Honestly both Sanders and Biden should have stood down this year but this is what we have now. Also fuck the Intercept, not necessarily because of this story but rather because they are Russian propaganda.

:doge

bELIevE womEN

Will those chodes ever stop being so predictable?

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #8286 on: March 25, 2020, 11:43:44 AM »
Kirblar banned :rejoice

User Banned (Duration Pending): Deflecting from sexual harassment allegations, multiple prior severe bans across multiple topics.

Ryan Grim is a complete hack. The story isn't even actually about the allegation (which has been out there for quite some time), it's a story attempting to turn risk-averse lawyers representing a nonprofit into a conspiracy to protect Biden.

ShutUp

« Reply #8287 on: March 25, 2020, 11:47:34 AM »
Eh Kirby will just whine to some of the mods via Twitter and get a three day timeout.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #8288 on: March 25, 2020, 11:51:42 AM »
Not with his history of multiple prior severe bans across multiple topics, anyone else would have been permed by now but I bet he gets 1 month again.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #8289 on: March 25, 2020, 12:11:18 PM »
Noted war criminal Kirblar has permission to make multiple prior severe infractions across multiple topics.
:O

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8290 on: March 25, 2020, 12:34:13 PM »
Noted war criminal Kirblar has permission to make multiple prior severe infractions across multiple topics.

Not unlike the Military-Industrial Complex.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

james

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8293 on: March 25, 2020, 12:58:03 PM »
FernandoRocker with a thread that would have been pretty insightful sometime around 20 years ago.

I'm making this thread to see if you have similar experiences. This is based on personal evidence. Your mileage may vary.

Nintendo games are ideal for kids, yes. Specially as their first games. Let's say... kids starting to game at 5 or 6 years.
    Those kids grow up, and when they reach ages between 10 or 12 years, they start to dislike "kiddie" things, specially because their friends from school make fun of those kiddie things too. They start playing M rated games because they are "mature" now.
    Kids turn 30 or so, and now they return to Nintendo.

My take is that real fanbase of PS4 or Xbox are not adults, but actually teenages and young adults who see kiddie things as bad. Nintendo's real market is actually the adult market.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-is-for-kids.177126/

thread mocks him, he gets huffy, and a (new?) mod swoops in to save the day with

This thread’s premise is inherently contentious and we’re doing our best to prevent the fires of console warring from overtaking our community.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-is-for-kids.177126/post-30215343

:neogaf

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8294 on: March 25, 2020, 12:58:17 PM »
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inflammatory Point of Comparison Regarding Concerns of Systemic Issues with Policing
I knew there were going to be some quality opinions coming into this thread. Moderation has been extremely complacent thus far towards hateful rhetoric aimed at an entire profession worldwide, so I guess it's okay to continue.

:mindblown :confused

...the fuck?
What's the point of comparison, let alone the 'inflammatory' one?

The implication that mods do a shitty fucking job? So by inference are like cops? Except cops doing a shitty job are worse than mods doing a shitty job?

What kind of mentalist came up with this ban?

*15 posts later*

The game industry is too immature, homogenous, and beholden to the delusion of "apolitical thinking" to do a cop game right in a era of ever-increasing police scrutiny.

:ohhh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8295 on: March 25, 2020, 12:59:55 PM »
Why did he even need to make a formal apology? He said something stupid, no reason to hound him to death over it.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/man-who-said-%E2%80%98if-i-get-corona-i-get-corona-%E2%80%99-apologizes.177143/post-30214704

The irony of posting that on RE. I believe this guy even used to be a moderator

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #8296 on: March 25, 2020, 01:06:19 PM »
he was demodded but not banned for being a pedo

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #8297 on: March 25, 2020, 01:07:31 PM »

:rejoice

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8298 on: March 25, 2020, 01:23:55 PM »
Is Virtua Cops secretly a murder black people simulator ?
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8299 on: March 25, 2020, 01:29:21 PM »
Do you cops have systems in place similar to this, like how can complaints of abuse or discrimination escalated up the chain to oust bad cops? How are whistleblowing and victims protected? Independent investigation bodies to keep police in check? How do good cops kick out bad cops? How do the police police themselves?

Maybe finding out the answer to that questions before the long diatribe about ACAB would have mediated the hotness of your take.

But probably not.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8300 on: March 25, 2020, 01:31:41 PM »
Ignorance isn't an excuse
1) Read my further replies. I think one can easily argue that the (stupid) explanation brought up in OPM might not even be blackface judging by common blackface definitions.
2) It's not just about ignorance. While there might be a broad consensus in the US about blackface there is none in Europe. There are many reasons for that and I feel that the issue is worth discussing. Just slapping anyone across the face daring to discuss blackface won't bring us anywhere.

User Banned (Permanent): Rationalising bigotry. History of tone policing in threads concerning bigotry

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8301 on: March 25, 2020, 01:32:00 PM »
Do you cops have systems in place similar to this, like how can complaints of abuse or discrimination escalated up the chain to oust bad cops? How are whistleblowing and victims protected? Independent investigation bodies to keep police in check? How do good cops kick out bad cops? How do the police police themselves?

Maybe finding out the answer to that questions before the long diatribe about ACAB would have mediated the hotness of your take.

But probably not.

Internal Affairs ? No, my transit is just fine thanks !
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8304 on: March 25, 2020, 02:31:31 PM »
Everyone in this thread is taking this seriously.
No, because in this very thread (in late February) there were posters saying they were going to go to Disneyland, despite having vulnerable people in their immediate family and that they thought it was better to get infected sooner than later.

:crowdlaff

https://www.resetera.com/threads/novel-coronavirus-covid-19-resources-and-discussion-thread-discussion-guidelines-in-op.171547/post-30217988
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8305 on: March 25, 2020, 02:37:56 PM »
Biden maybe a creep ? :pika

PoliERA a few months from now possibly :

Biden is senile ? :pika
ὕβρις

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #8306 on: March 25, 2020, 02:51:52 PM »
“The Senile Rapist That Isn’t Racist!” isn’t quite the campaign slogan that “Change We Can Believe In” was, but at least it’s better than “Jeb!”

:gladbron

BisMarckie

« Reply #8307 on: March 25, 2020, 02:54:02 PM »
Biden dropping out would not mean Bernie gets to be the nominee. Bernie got crushed in the primaries. Democratic voters overwhelmingly rejected Bernie. Biden's delegates would align with someone moderate like Biden.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8308 on: March 25, 2020, 02:57:58 PM »
Personally I believe that if the athlete has gone through puberty as a male before they transitioned to female that they should not be allowed to compete with biological women its inherently unfair because they now have the skeletal and muscular structure of a man.

enjoy your incoming 3 month ban and something about bone density being the real hero

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #8309 on: March 25, 2020, 03:07:03 PM »
Quote from: Titik, post: 30218554, member: 1942
Trump will not. Even he recognizes that bringing this up will bring his own skeletons back out.

what might likely happen are republican operatives trying to spread this with the liberals and trying to depress our votes. Abstaining, basically.

:brain :brain :brain

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #8310 on: March 25, 2020, 03:17:32 PM »
Personally I believe that if the athlete has gone through puberty as a male before they transitioned to female that they should not be allowed to compete with biological women its inherently unfair because they now have the skeletal and muscular structure of a man.

enjoy your incoming 3 month ban and something about bone density being the real hero
User Banned (1 Month): Transphobia

:dead

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8311 on: March 25, 2020, 03:28:46 PM »
Quote from: Cheebo
If it came down to that he wouldn't drop out before the primary was over. It would be worked out so a like minded moderate like an Andrew Cuomo or something would be able pick up his delegates at the convention to respect the will of the voters to have a moderate nominee.

I don't know what happens if Biden is out of the race but the "will of the people voting Joe Biden" was just "Joe Biden".

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-intercept-time%E2%80%99s-up-said-it-could-not-fund-a-metoo-allegation-against-joe-biden-citing-its-nonprofit-status-and-his-presidential-run.177121/post-30219986
ὕβρις

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #8312 on: March 25, 2020, 03:36:27 PM »
Quote from: Cheebo
If it came down to that he wouldn't drop out before the primary was over. It would be worked out so a like minded moderate like an Andrew Cuomo or something would be able pick up his delegates at the convention to respect the will of the voters to have a moderate nominee.

I don't know what happens if Biden is out of the race but the "will of the people voting Joe Biden" was just "Joe Biden".

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-intercept-time%E2%80%99s-up-said-it-could-not-fund-a-metoo-allegation-against-joe-biden-citing-its-nonprofit-status-and-his-presidential-run.177121/post-30219986

There's already a successor waiting in the wings!

:klob

Switters

« Reply #8313 on: March 25, 2020, 04:02:07 PM »
Every time someone quotes TheKree a post count gets written in a heavily creased and water logged composition notebook.
troll

venereology

« Reply #8314 on: March 25, 2020, 04:27:14 PM »

« Reply #8315 on: March 25, 2020, 04:31:18 PM »
There is a reason the intercept Biden story has so few posters. No one actually believes the women knowing Katie Halper has been known to make racist remarks . Matt Taibbi has himself been accused of rape and both of them are hardcore Bernie stans. I mean there is a reason all rape organizations are not touching this. This is a desperate Hail Mary by Bernie supporters online now that Biden is almost
The presumptive nominee. Most era folks don’t believe Tara Alexandra that’s why the thread is only desperate never Biden folks

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #8316 on: March 25, 2020, 04:39:00 PM »
I guess at the very least we won't get the "sick rape fantasies of Bernard Sanders" talking point anymore.
ὕβρις

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #8317 on: March 25, 2020, 04:53:06 PM »
There is a reason the intercept Biden story has so few posters. No one actually believes the women knowing Katie Halper has been known to make racist remarks . Matt Taibbi has himself been accused of rape and both of them are hardcore Bernie stans. I mean there is a reason all rape organizations are not touching this. This is a desperate Hail Mary by Bernie supporters online now that Biden is almost
The presumptive nominee. Most era folks don’t believe Tara Alexandra that’s why the thread is only desperate never Biden folks

Glen’s back  :foxx

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8318 on: March 25, 2020, 05:17:47 PM »

:dead

At least there is one videogames website out there that would have its moderators look at a post like that and think "wow, such offensively hateful vitriol against minorities, we literally have no option but to ban them for a month for such outrageous extremist views"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8319 on: March 25, 2020, 05:46:38 PM »
Every time someone quotes TheKree a post count gets written in a heavily creased and water logged composition notebook.

Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #8320 on: March 25, 2020, 06:07:22 PM »
You guys should let Bernie go... is getting annoying.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #8321 on: March 25, 2020, 06:11:19 PM »
You guys should let Bernie go... is getting annoying.
BUT HE'S THE ONE REFUSING TO DROP OUT AND WANTING DEBATES TO CONTINUE :rage

Boredfrom

« Reply #8322 on: March 25, 2020, 06:14:11 PM »
He sounds like he is going to pull a AMLO and say he is the TRUE AND HONEST CANDIDATE.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8323 on: March 25, 2020, 06:22:48 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #8324 on: March 25, 2020, 06:34:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-is-why-you-vote-espn-trump%E2%80%99s-justice-department-on-connecticut-case-%E2%80%9Cdon%E2%80%99t-treat-trans-athletes-as-girls.177171/

Those transphobia bans were elevated to 6 months.

And the guy who questioned the bans was permanently banned:
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobic concern trolling. Previously banned for pedantry in threads concerning trans issues.

Why are these people being insta-banned for a month? It's sad that I have to worry that me even asking this makes me worried I'll get banned as well. Is this site taking the stand that thinking in any way that trans-women competing in with women opens the door to unfair advantages is necessarily transphobic? Can somebody not have the view that the intention behind separations of genders was meant to be around the practical understanding that male and female physiology is different and that can matter in sports. And is it transphobic to recognize that transition does not always remove these physiological differences? Like, I'll admit that I'm not as familiar as those who are going through these transitions, not anywhere close. But I am under the understanding that transition isn't the same for everybody.

This is entirely separate from whatever the transphobic Trump administration is trying to do and I don't really believe they are coming to anything here with any good intentions. But to me, the insta-month long ban on this is alarming. I am under the perception here that you can expect swift bans here now in a very inconsistent way. Not that I would necessarily want the exact same thing to happen with black issues, but it is clear that there is much more waffling on the moderation on those issues.

and another:
User banned (permanent): transphobic concern trolling

What are the mods doing in this thread? Its not transphobia to say that it is NOT a simple question whether trans athletes should be able to compete in women's leagues.

I think the question should be asked on a sport by sport basis. In MOST cases its not an issue. For contact sports with lots of injuries I'd probably lean more on the side of not having them compete or asking the athlete to compete in a mens league instead.

Fully expecting to get banned for having a nuanced position here though...

Also muteKi is back:
Quote from: muteKi
Anyway your concern trolling ass (you can read the goddamn studies yourself if you care that much, fuck's sake) can go fuck off somewhere else thanks.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8325 on: March 25, 2020, 06:38:22 PM »
Have they gotten rid of the all the bigots and racists on Ree yet?
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #8326 on: March 25, 2020, 06:40:20 PM »
Have they gotten rid of the all the bigots and racists on Ree yet?
I'm sure these folks that are banned for a month are going to come back educated. Perm these assholes, we have a trans community here.
:jeb

BisMarckie

« Reply #8327 on: March 25, 2020, 06:50:37 PM »
I don’t think it’s safe enough for you to make an account there yet, benji.

How can a community summit be implemented without permanent summits of all other communities?

james

« Reply #8328 on: March 25, 2020, 06:52:28 PM »
Lol fuck you, TERF lover
User Banned (1 day): hostility

:mynicca

The little bitch Adam, a known TERF, was a banned for a week

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2020-ot4-disaster-voltron.173771/page-346#post-30224652

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8329 on: March 25, 2020, 07:43:45 PM »
Fuck that noise
I hope those ban durations can be reviewed. Alt right accounts coming out of the woodworks for that kind of topic, I'm not sure we need these guys around. My 2 cents.

The people have lost all fucking perspective.

benjipwns

« Reply #8330 on: March 25, 2020, 07:46:36 PM »
Some of the takes I've read on this forum today, jfc. I feel like maybe it's another new low for ERA. First, transphobes flying out of the woodwork, now our great, honorable, "progressive" member base accusing a woman of fake rape charges. Fucking disgusting.

If I weren't so starved for community due to my debilitating mental illness, this might be the last straw for me around here. Grow a fucking conscience, some of you.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8331 on: March 25, 2020, 08:22:16 PM »
Fuck that noise
I hope those ban durations can be reviewed. Alt right accounts coming out of the woodworks for that kind of topic, I'm not sure we need these guys around. My 2 cents.

The people have lost all fucking perspective.

lol they actually did review the ban durations  :neogaf

this one was posted earlier and was a 1 month ban

Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #8332 on: March 25, 2020, 08:38:22 PM »
Quote from: Volimar
Counterpoint. I think they're really useful for rooting out members who might get away with under their breath comments that might fly under the radar in other topics. That said, I'm not someone that has to deal with this kind of prejudice on the daily so maybe they are worth banning.
What good is this "rooting out", as you put it, if these same posters are allowed back here after a month, free to post the same bad faith bullshit? Either way, this forum continues to be a toxic place for trans folks.
SUMMIT

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #8333 on: March 25, 2020, 08:47:37 PM »
The cognitive dissonance for ride or die biden voters on reset must be pretty severe right now.

i wonder what the new reason to hate bernie is

benjipwns

« Reply #8334 on: March 25, 2020, 09:16:55 PM »
Bernard lost but he's demanding to threaten Biden's life and therefore all life on Earth simply for his perverted greedy quest for money.

Boredfrom

« Reply #8335 on: March 25, 2020, 09:17:07 PM »
I can think some reasons, given this thread.

benjipwns

« Reply #8336 on: March 25, 2020, 09:17:17 PM »
Bernard lost but he's demanding to threaten Biden's life and therefore all life on Earth simply for his perverted greedy quest for money.
User Warned (Duration Pending): Antisemitic rhetoric in a sensitive thread.

benjipwns

« Reply #8337 on: March 25, 2020, 09:23:34 PM »

stost explain

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #8339 on: March 25, 2020, 09:32:23 PM »
i believe in harvey dent