Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1957178 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #20460 on: May 20, 2022, 08:07:09 AM »
No more mod protection? :lawd
(ice)

jorma

« Reply #20461 on: May 20, 2022, 08:19:25 AM »
No more mod protection? :lawd

Someday she's gotta learn that she's still just a YT bitch posting on nep nep's resetera.

jorma

« Reply #20462 on: May 20, 2022, 08:20:18 AM »
Also:

Quote from: excelsiorlef, post: 86877551, member: 330

The same thing I do every weekend [USER=24989]shaneo632[/USER]

i guess she'll have to find something new to do this weekend  :lol

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #20463 on: May 20, 2022, 08:25:58 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hey-was-bill-actually-wrong-within-the-narrative-of-the-kill-bill-films.585065/post-86857727

Are you well?

User Banned (5 Days): Antagonizing Fellow Member; History of the Same

Kinda weak sauce.

It's Chikor all over again

Of all the shit to ban her for they pick the most harmless post  :lol

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #20464 on: May 20, 2022, 08:33:31 AM »
*Looking at the Velma show*

Hey, if it turns out to be dogshit they can always rebrand it as Scooby-Doo Doo.

jorma

« Reply #20465 on: May 20, 2022, 09:05:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/hey-was-bill-actually-wrong-within-the-narrative-of-the-kill-bill-films.585065/post-86857727

Are you well?

Kinda weak sauce.

are you really dismissing the concerns of a bipolar black man?  :banplz

NekoFever

« Reply #20466 on: May 20, 2022, 09:28:27 AM »
No one in the community discussion thread demanding excel be unbanned yet

:notlikethis

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #20467 on: May 20, 2022, 09:29:38 AM »
You're welcome.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #20468 on: May 20, 2022, 09:34:53 AM »
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 02:28:53 PM by D3RANG3D »

Snoopycat_

« Reply #20469 on: May 20, 2022, 09:37:07 AM »
Having heated arguments over parental rights in Kill Bill. Fucking lol. These people have nothing going on

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #20470 on: May 20, 2022, 10:26:49 AM »
they can't even have a simple lets play devils advocate about the baddies in a film thread :aweshum
(ice)

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #20471 on: May 20, 2022, 10:30:49 AM »
Having heated arguments over parental rights in Kill Bill. Fucking lol. These people have nothing going on

And there argument is SOOOoooo distinguished mentally-challenged.

Personal attacks over a movie ?
Apologize
Quote from: excelsheet
No

Abusive men aren't entitled to control women's bodies

She wanted out, for her child, knowing what Bill could do to both of them

The best you could argue is that she should have turned herself in and turned state's evidence, placing thr child in care.... but you certainly can't argue Bill is entitled to the child
So white women get to murder black ppl and Asians then ride off in the sunset?? Lol. This is a dumb movie smh. Putting on the cape for a brutal mass murderer isn’t the move. Fuck them both.
Dude, touch grass.

This is a slap boxing battle royale where the only winner is the one who nukes the thread. Holy shit.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #20472 on: May 20, 2022, 10:44:32 AM »
The conversation in this thread has gone off the rails a bit. We're gonna lock it up.

translation

"we can't have this thread going on after excel is gone, it's not fair.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #20473 on: May 20, 2022, 11:19:39 AM »

Are you well?

Kinda weak sauce.

What’s HIMU got to do with this?  :kermit

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #20474 on: May 20, 2022, 11:28:51 AM »

Are you well?

Kinda weak sauce.

What’s HIMU got to do with this?  :kermit

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #20475 on: May 20, 2022, 11:33:26 AM »

Thinking back when she had a week ban no one in the community discussion thread demanded the admins and mods to unban her lol

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #20476 on: May 20, 2022, 11:39:20 AM »

Thinking back when she had a week ban no one in the community discussion thread demanded the admins and mods to unban her lol

I feel like the forum as a whole would breathe a collective sign of relief if she was actually permed.  We’d get less crazy to post here too, you think that would be a win-win for them.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20477 on: May 20, 2022, 12:14:37 PM »
Also less threads with titles like

NY Times Racist Defence Again In Editorial Showing Disdain For Non Binary Activism, Corporate Agenda, Holistic Editorial Policy

whose content is a couple of tweets by some fucking bluetick or other, mildly criticising a guest opinion piece or some shit

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #20478 on: May 20, 2022, 12:17:17 PM »
I feel like the forum as a whole would breathe a collective sign of relief if she was actually permed.  We’d get less crazy to post here too, you think that would be a win-win for them.
You don't turn your back on family.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[
[close]

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #20479 on: May 20, 2022, 12:35:07 PM »
Is it just me or are people weird about this?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/meta-tells-employees-to-stop-discussing-abortion-at-work.585722/

99% of the posters seem to miss that this policy was put into place in 2019 and has nothing to do with recent events.

benjipwns

« Reply #20480 on: May 20, 2022, 12:49:11 PM »
Not really, they're reacting exactly as they're supposed to. Which is why The Verge published it.

And why someone posted it to ResetERA.com.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 01:03:06 PM by benjipwns »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20481 on: May 20, 2022, 01:26:33 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/meta-tells-employees-to-stop-discussing-abortion-at-work.585722/

99% of the posters seem to miss that this policy was put into place in 2019 and has nothing to do with recent events.
Why would the subject of abortion even come up regularly at work.

No one:

James: "Amber is such a slut, I'm glad abortions are legal"

*Mike takes Coke from vending machine*
"So Mike, what do you think about killing babies?"

*Nintex enters the room*
"So you believe men can be pregnant right Nep?"

"Yes"

"Does that mean they can also have abortions?"

"Of course, they/them body their choice"

*fiddles with phone*
"So they choose to help with their own genocide?"

:idont
🤴

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #20483 on: May 20, 2022, 03:43:56 PM »
I've always said fuck Facebook. Now I say fuck Meta. Today I say fuck Meta even more.

:badass

benjipwns

« Reply #20484 on: May 20, 2022, 03:55:02 PM »
Does MOBA Network allow its actual employees to obsessively discuss abortion at work?

benjipwns

« Reply #20485 on: May 20, 2022, 03:57:05 PM »
User Banned (2 Weeks): Modwhining; Misrepresenting Moderation; Member Never Received a 2 Week Ban Over Console Warring

Oh, come off it. Your brother should be lucky he only got banned 2 weeks. Considering he came into a 100 page thread with a mod warning, in which multiple people have been banned for the same thing, and then left a cheap, insensitive drive-by comment anyway, I'm of the opinion that 2 weeks isn't enough. Whether he was being malicious or not is absolutely irrelevant.

Going forwards I think mods need to be even harsher on this kind of thing. People have had enough time and warning to get their shit together.
I honestly think this forum is a little to heavy handed with the bans and it limits discussion. I felt the same way when the initial threads were made and Depp supporters were being banned. I felt the same when I made a sarcastic joke about Xbox in a PS thread and got a 2 week ban.

I don’t think Heard supporters should be banned just because Depp supporters were banned in the past. I personally would prefer if more Heard supports were active in this thread even if I don’t believe there is much evidence in favour of Heard’s arguement.

If someone is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic or attacking other posters, they should get banned. If someone is arguing in a thread and hasn’t fully informed themselves, I don’t think that warrants a ban.

But maybe the bans work and that’s why Era is generally a progressive forum. Idk.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #20486 on: May 20, 2022, 04:02:04 PM »
Does MOBA Network allow its actual employees to obsessively discuss abortion at work?
I'm not a woman, so take my comment with any necessary scepticism you require, but I'm sure that any woman going through the emotional turmoil of deciding whether or not to have an abortion probably doesn't need Anthony and Jalaiden from accounting discussing the merits of abortion rights in the office tea room.
Spud

BadAss2961

« Reply #20487 on: May 20, 2022, 04:11:00 PM »
User Banned (2 Weeks): Modwhining; Misrepresenting Moderation; Member Never Received a 2 Week Ban Over Console Warring

Oh, come off it. Your brother should be lucky he only got banned 2 weeks. Considering he came into a 100 page thread with a mod warning, in which multiple people have been banned for the same thing, and then left a cheap, insensitive drive-by comment anyway, I'm of the opinion that 2 weeks isn't enough. Whether he was being malicious or not is absolutely irrelevant.

Going forwards I think mods need to be even harsher on this kind of thing. People have had enough time and warning to get their shit together.
I honestly think this forum is a little to heavy handed with the bans and it limits discussion. I felt the same way when the initial threads were made and Depp supporters were being banned. I felt the same when I made a sarcastic joke about Xbox in a PS thread and got a 2 week ban.

I don’t think Heard supporters should be banned just because Depp supporters were banned in the past. I personally would prefer if more Heard supports were active in this thread even if I don’t believe there is much evidence in favour of Heard’s arguement.

If someone is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic or attacking other posters, they should get banned. If someone is arguing in a thread and hasn’t fully informed themselves, I don’t think that warrants a ban.

But maybe the bans work and that’s why Era is generally a progressive forum. Idk.

So Ree has gone from defending Depp being a bannable offense to defending Heard being a bannable offense.

I thought we were supposed to BELIEVE women.

benjipwns

« Reply #20488 on: May 20, 2022, 04:24:24 PM »
That guy got a bunch of replies saying that nobody could believe anything Amber Heard says if they bothered to do any research so anyone who would post such things in the thread would just be an obvious troll. Which to me sounds a lot like that alt-right phrase "trust but verify" that the ResetERA.com staff had told us was suspicious for people to say about anyone accused of anything.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20489 on: May 20, 2022, 04:26:49 PM »

Phoenix and Dragon are brothers?  :pika

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #20490 on: May 20, 2022, 04:33:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/nba-playoffs-2022-ot-out-with-leold-in-with-trae-young.573667/page-527#post-86915786
User Banned (2 Weeks): Hostility; History of the Same
Fuck No , you stupid leprechaun.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #20491 on: May 20, 2022, 04:54:43 PM »

:thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #20492 on: May 20, 2022, 05:08:49 PM »
Companies allowing people to make fun of them because it's good publicity to take a joke kinda predates mid-2010s Brand Twitter by some time.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #20493 on: May 20, 2022, 05:08:50 PM »

feel like everybody missed the ban message

Member Never Received a 2 Week Ban Over Console Warring

you are banned because "nuh-uh"  :lol
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #20494 on: May 20, 2022, 05:12:09 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

:thinking

He is not wrong but he also being a hardcore party popper. Era loves Disney to a insane degree but I dunno why expect more just because they have containment pinned threads about the flavor of slacktivism of the month.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #20495 on: May 20, 2022, 05:28:03 PM »
One of his alt accounts prolly got the 2 week ban and he lost track.  It happens to the best of us :salute

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #20496 on: May 20, 2022, 05:39:13 PM »
https://news.cision.com/m-o-b-a-network-ab/r/strong-first-quarter---sales-grew-815-,c3569204

Strong first quarter – sales grew 815%
Wed, May 18, 2022 07:30 CET

FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS - 1 January 2022 - 31 MARCH 2022

Net sales amounted to MSEK 67.4 (MSEK 7.4), a growth of 815%.
    EBITDA amounted to MSEK 8.5 (MSEK 3.4), an increase of 148%.
    EBIT amounted to MSEK 7.4 (MSEK 2.8 ), an increase of 162%.
    Profit before tax amounted to MSEK 6.9 (MSEK 2.8 ), an increase of 144%.
    Cash flow from operating activities before changes in working capital amounted to MSEK 8.1 (MSEK 3.5) during the quarter.
    Cash and cash equivalents amounted to MSEK 34.8 (MSEK 19.8 ), and in addition the company has an unutilized overdraft facility of MSEK 15.
    Earnings per share during the quarter amounted to SEK 0.3, normalized for the split of shares that took place last financial year of 1/10 earnings per share were SEK 3 (SEK 1.2).

Significant events during the period January – March 2022

On January 13, 2022, the company launched the new community brand Farmfriends. The new brand is aimed at the gaming genre "farming simulator games" which is a large and popular genre.
    On February 14, 2022, the company launched the new community brand Forzafire. The new brand is aimed at the gaming genre "iRacing", which is a large genre that is seeing significant growth. For-zafire targets the gaming community around the game Forza Horizon 5, a racing game on the Xbox console that has a large number of players and a large and dedicated content creator network that is active on YouTube, Twitch, TikTok and other major channels.
    The company extended its contract with the global ad tech platform Venatus Media. The new contract has improved terms to solidify the relationship further, which means that the partnership can grow strongly into the future.
    The company has updated its business idea, vision, and mission to reflect its strategy better. The company has also launched an updated version of its company website WeAreMoba.com. The update aims to clearly show the company's various brands and business legs and create a better platform/communication channel for our partners, customers, and content creators. In connection with the update of the website, the company also updated its graphic profile and logo for M.O.B.A. and a completely updated section for Investor relations.
    The Board proposes that no dividend be paid for the period October 2020 - December 2021. The Board intends to continue applying a growth-oriented strategy, including organic growth and an offensive acquisition strategy.
    M.O.B.A. Network announces that subscription of share options (series TO1), which was resolved at the Annual General Meeting in February 2020, was completed on March 31, 2022. A total of 29,700 options were exercised, which gives 297,000 shares. Through the exercise of share options, the company's number of shares will increase to 22,682,820 and the share capital will amount to 2,268,282. M.O.B.A. Network receives approx. MSEK 6 after the exercise of options.

Significant events after the period 1 January 2022 – 31 March 2022

The company held the Annual General Meeting on 21 April 2022. The AGM resolved to adopt the income statement and balance sheet and the consolidated income statement and consolidated balance sheet. The AGM resolved to discharge all individuals who had served as Board members or CEO from liability for the administration of the company. The AGM resolved in favour of re-election of the board members Henrik Henriksson, Maria A. Grimaldi, Jonas Bertilsson och Manfred Gottschlich and Chairman of the Board Fredrik Burvall.

Comments by the CEO

Strong first quarter – sales grew 815%

M.O.B.A. Network reports a solid first quarter with increased sales of 815 percent to SEK 67.4 million and an increase in EBITDA of 148 percent to SEK 8.5 million compared to the same period last year. The first quarter is usually the weakest of the year.

With the acquisitions of MMORPG.com, Magic Find, and ResetEra last year, M.O.B.A. Network significantly strengthened its position in the gaming market by broadening its operations to new verticals and expanding the network. The acquisitions have meant, among other things, that we have taken the step into the video segment with the Youtube network Union For Gamers and introduced the direct sales company Creator1 with attractive offers for content creators in gaming. These are important strategic steps in our growth strategy.

Part of our growth strategy is also to launch new community brands. We started 2022 by introducing two new community brands. First out was the Farmfriends brand, which is aimed at "farming simulator games," a large and popular genre. The launch of Farmfriends was followed by the Forzafire brand, which targets the fast-growing genre "iRacing." The target group for the new brand is the community around Forza Horizon 5, which is a racing game on the Xbox console. Forza Horizon 5 has a large number of players and a significant and committed network of content creators who are active on YouTube, Twitch, TikTok, and other essential channels. We will release more in-house developed brands in the next few quarters as we see an exciting pipeline of new games and target groups we can reach.

Improved advertising conditions increase profitability

We have extended the contract with the global ad tech platform Venatus Media as we previously communicated. The new agreement contains improved terms, which strengthens our relationship and gives us opportunities to grow strongly both in terms of revenue and profitability. Based on the sales figures for 2021, we estimate that the new terms would have increased EBITDA during the calendar year 2021 by an additional approximately SEK 2.7 million.

An important goal for us in 2022 is to bring out the identified synergies between our acquisitions and the existing business. As part of bringing out the synergies, we continue to build and invest in the central organization. By creating a centralized organization, we will develop the content creator business and increase the growth of the web-based brands. The goal is that these activities will also contribute to increased profitability in the long run.

Continued focus on value-creating acquisitions

We also continue to search for and evaluate potential acquisitions. M.O.B.A. Network has a robust financial position and good cash flows, which creates room for more value-creating acquisitions. Our financial position was further strengthened during the quarter when we completed a successful warrant program. Following the option redemption, M.O.B.A. Network received approximately SEK 6 million, and on March 31, 2022, we had cash of SEK 34.8 million and credit commitments of SEK 15 million. I want to emphasize that we continue to be careful when acquiring. All acquisitions undergo proper analysis, and we must be able to identify both operational and financial benefits to complete the transaction.

Future prospects

Following a successful 2021, M.O.B.A. Network has significantly strengthened its position in the gaming market. The good start to 2022 shows that we have the potential to continue to create shareholder value through stable growth with good profitability and good cash flows. By successfully offering platforms and tools that enable content creators to share content with people worldwide, we will achieve the vision of becoming the world's most engaging and largest content creator community for gaming and pop culture.

This disclosure contains information that M.O.B.A Network AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation (EU nr 596/2014). The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person, on 18-05-2022 07:30 CET.

Stockholm 2022-05-18

Björn Mannerqvist, VD

Mail: info@wearemoba.com

Web: https://wearemoba.com

Certified Adviser

FNCA Sweden AB | +46(0)8-528 00 399| info@fnca.se

M.O.B.A Network AB acquires, develops and operates gaming communities for the global gaming market. The company owns one of the world's largest networks in gaming communities, with 20 web-based global brands and the YouTube network Union For Gamers (UFG) with over 1,000 content creators. The company's business areas consist of advertising sales on the company's communities and video sales via the YouTube network.

:success
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 06:01:07 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #20497 on: May 20, 2022, 05:39:58 PM »

feel like everybody missed the ban message

Member Never Received a 2 Week Ban Over Console Warring

you are banned because "nuh-uh"  :lol

Ban bot says he got banned for console warring but only for a day, so it's just really petty  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #20498 on: May 20, 2022, 06:10:00 PM »
A guy in the Depp/Heard trial thread noted a bunch of pro-Heard headlines on some of the forum's favorite "progressive" sites and one of the articles informed me that M.O.B.A. Network's ResetERA.com is platforming alt-right lies in alliance with Ben Shapiro's The Daily Wire:
The ongoing Depp-Heard case in Virginia has been low hanging fruit for such operations.

Heidi Beirich, co-founder of the Global Project Against Hate and Extremism said the Daily Wire “feeds into” misogynistic sentiments of its readership by attacking Amber Heard. "This particular publication is a very successful conduit of material from the far extremes and mainstreaming it into the conservative circles," she said.

“The ultimate outcome of this is the demonisation of women,” said Beirich of the Global Project Against Hate and Extremism reflecting on the Depp and Heard case and how online activity can directly translate into violence against women and misogynistic terrorism. “Women face a completely different online milieu and offline milieu than men do.”
Beloved Vox "reporter" Aja Romano confirms it, this is Gamergate times tens of millions:
The narrative of the trial has been shaped in part by what appears to be, according to multiple researchers, an army of bots spreading rhetoric favorable to Depp. The work of those bots has been further amplified by “men’s rights activists” — the part of the far-right-leaning extremist “manosphere” that seems to have decided discrediting Amber Heard is the key to destroying every woman who accuses men of abuse or domestic violence.

Conservative media outlets have also promoted a one-sided narrative of the case; Vice recently reported that Ben Shapiro’s popular conservative news platform the Daily Wire has spent nearly $50,000 promoting ads about the trial on Instagram and Facebook — most of it trashing Amber Heard. The presence of these bad actors has, if anything, only exacerbated the vitriol Heard has received within the mainstream.

To put it mildly, this surreal explosion of internet culture vilification of Heard feels dispiriting and troubling. What made so many millions of people feel so justified in treating such a personal, toxic relationship like popcorn fodder? At what point before the bot armies and men’s rights activists poisoned the well of discourse around this trial could a reasonable assessment of the evidence and the facts have been made? Did that point ever exist?

Most of the reporting on these memes has placed the blame for their sensationalist tone squarely on the evolution of fandom content creation. But recall that the white supremacist alt-right movement has a long history of memeifying everything they want to normalize and legitimize, and keep in the forefront of your mind that the alt-right latched onto this case as its bulwark long before fandom and the internet at large did. By now, after years of political disinformation campaigns, we’re used to social media’s natural ability to contort reality. Rarely, however, has it bent this far, this rapidly, for this many people, in service of something this vile

Culture critic Ella Dawson has a Twitter thread compiling reporting on the myriad ways in which this trial is not only destroying years of progress made against domestic abuse in the US, but also laying the groundwork for a culture in which bots and bad actors harass, vilify, and eviscerate all other prominent women who publicly name their abusers — like Gamergate, but times tens of millions of participants, and gleefully endorsed by people all across American culture.

That, above all — above the TikTok cat memers mocking Heard and Saturday Night Live dismissing the whole trial as “for fun” — is what’s absolutely jawdropping here. This trial, which amounts to a simple yes/no question over whether Heard had the right to call herself a victim of domestic abuse in a single sentence from that 2018 opinion piece, has somehow united far-right misogynists with middle-of-the-road liberals and geeky progressive fandom acolytes of Depp.

People who have spent the last decade hashtagging #believewomen, fighting online harassment campaigns, and, especially, resisting white male supremacy have, over the course of this trial, crawled into bed with the vilest kinds of internet refuse — at least 11 percent of whom don’t actually exist, according to one bot researcher — possibly all because they really like Captain Jack Sparrow.

The Depp-Heard trial has refined the Gamergate playbook in a way that will haunt us for years to come. It’s proven to extremists that if you rally around the right beloved public figure or institution, blanket them in a protective sphere of outrage and misinformation, and weaponize fandom culture — already so prone to ideological radicalization and irrational groupthink — you can successfully push whatever media narrative you want into the mainstream.

There’s no coming back from this. The actual trial verdict is all but irrelevant now. It’s not just that Amber Heard will forever be an imperfect accuser whose own volatile history was used to help destroy a revelatory movement in Me Too. It’s that there will be other Amber Heards, and many of them will be marginalized, with far fewer resources to withstand this onslaught of hate.

It’s not a coincidence that this spectacle is playing out against a backdrop of perpetually escalating racist violence and the rapid erosion of decades of human rights for women, queer, and trans people. The Depp-Heard trial has just trained millions of people to discard their own empathy, their own rational judgment, in exchange for the gleeful mockery, rejection, and belittlement of a woman making herself vulnerable in public. If you don’t think that training will be weaponized against vulnerable targets, you haven’t been paying attention.
And as Jezebel points out, all the fascist hard-right Depp supporters on ResetERA.com simply hate abuse victims who aren't men:
A group hired by Heard’s team that tracks online disinformation and harassment estimated at least 340 “inauthentic” Twitter accounts had been created to defame the actress, while an unsettling number of real users across social media are gleefully doing it of their accord and for free.

A more unlikely show of support for Depp has come from well-meaning liberals and leftists eager to emphasize the fact that men are also victims of domestic abuse and sexual assault. Indeed, when it concerns both cases—especially those made public—reactions seem only to vacillate somewhere between: “But what about men?” or “Not all men!” Both are unequivocally valid, but it’s worth noting that such arguments not only detract from the woman currently purporting to be a victim in this case but also neglect any real nuance. Depp is a white, cishet public figure of immense wealth, while statistically, most reported male victims are non-white, queer or working class—if not a combination of the three. He’s also 22 years older than Heard, which surely had a significant effect on their power dynamics when they met 13 years ago.

Now, none of this is to say it isn’t possible that Depp suffered abuse or that his testimony isn’t worthy of trust. It’s just if one professes to operate under the guise of “believing survivors,” yet feels more inclined to believe or advocate for Depp’s version of events over Heard’s, perhaps they should examine their own biases. The trial’s events are undoubtedly setting a harmful public precedent: Depp’s longtime friend Marilyn Manson just filed a defamation suit against former partner, Evan Rachel Wood, after her HBO documentary, Phoenix Rising, detailed disturbing abuse and assault allegations against the singer. It wouldn’t be a stretch to assume that Manson—among other alleged perpetrators (famous or not) —might feel a lot more confident about their own legal proceedings as a result of how this one has gone.
No wonder so many women are fleeing ResetERA.com in droves when anyone who stands up for an abuse victim against their abuser gets shouted down by a bunch of alt-right allies and then banned by the victim blaming staff.

Remarkable that a "progressive" forum trying to draw attention to how they ban people for "opposing" womens rights in sensitive threads about PlayStation sees fit to also support Donald Trump and Elon Musk's rise to permanent fascist power through the Depp trial. At this point I can't even sleep without waking up screaming knowing how unsafe I am on the same internet as M.O.B.A. Network's ResetERA.com, a forum that will now forever be known as a place where Ben Shapiro's anti-trans far-right lies about an abuse victim are endorsed and protected by the staff in order to prop up the system of white supremacy. Me teeth are literally chattering from how I am literally shaking at how far M.O.B.A. Network's ResetERA.com staff goes to spread violent hate against the marginalized all over the globe.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #20499 on: May 20, 2022, 06:26:06 PM »
So, basically, Moba network is a sham business where the acquisition of one forum essentially increased their sales by 800+%?

Sounds legit...
Spud

Polident Hive

« Reply #20500 on: May 20, 2022, 06:31:54 PM »
Still don’t know what gamergate is or how some web shop I bought a steam CD key from once led to the destruction of western civilization. Nor am I terribly interested in learning about it.

Might’ve been Dark Void for $1.96, btw. Mistakes were made.

benjipwns

« Reply #20501 on: May 20, 2022, 06:49:03 PM »
Still don’t know what gamergate is or how some web shop I bought a steam CD key from once led to the destruction of western civilization. Nor am I terribly interested in learning about it.
Some people don't have that privilege. :social

Gamersgate once had a brief pricing error and I got the entire Bethesda Collection for $20. :success

Then NeoGAF.com users and others crashed the site trying to get the deal and I couldn't get the Steam keys for a few days but they honored everyone who managed to get in. :mynicca
Something similar happened when EA accidentally made half the games on the Origin store free. :jeb
[close]
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #20502 on: May 21, 2022, 12:36:29 AM »
User Banned (2 Weeks): Antagonizing Fellow Member; History of the Same; Please Consider Using the Ignore Function in Future

I hope this happens so that person with the blossom avatar provides us with a delicious meltdown thread. Then we’ll learn the blossom monster came from an artist at Bloober and it’ll be like a chef’s kiss.

Full disclosure, I enjoyed LoF and BW from Bloober so I’d be curious how’d they do SH.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #20503 on: May 21, 2022, 12:42:12 AM »
 :six:
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #20505 on: May 21, 2022, 01:34:41 AM »
Every time a trans activist equates jokes with literal murder, they lose another possible ally to the gamergate alt right chud crowd who watch Jordan Peterson videos and listen to Joe Rogan podcasts while committing literal genocide.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #20507 on: May 21, 2022, 02:23:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/seems-like-dave-chappelle-showed-at-a-john-mulaney-show-and-told-a-bunch-of-transphobic-jokes.585926/
Quote from: Nepenthe
Ah yes, the vanguard of society who are there to push the edge of socially acceptable boundaries having people put their phones away before the show. Cowardly shit.
:spiders

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #20508 on: May 21, 2022, 02:49:20 AM »
Has Nepenthe ever almost been shabbed with a gnife?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/seems-like-dave-chappelle-showed-at-a-john-mulaney-show-and-told-a-bunch-of-transphobic-jokes.585926/#post-86943443
Quote from: AlgusUnderdunk
Aaand just like that my interest in the Chip and Dale movie is gone. Fuck both of these hacks.

OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #20509 on: May 21, 2022, 02:49:51 AM »
This is his life now, much like the other gender critical dipshits part of this cult who dedicate their entire lives to this hobby of hatred. John Mulaney has made his position clear now.

If you're interested in an investigative video essay on what goes on in the gender critical cult, Caelan Conrad has a three parter series that is fully worth watching.
The first part is two and a half hours long.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #20510 on: May 21, 2022, 02:52:36 AM »
So, basically, Moba network is a sham business where the acquisition of one forum essentially increased their sales by 800+%?

Sounds legit...

cerium to acquire moab in six months

benjipwns

« Reply #20511 on: May 21, 2022, 02:52:41 AM »
Quote from: Coyote Starrk
Thats insane I have never heard of this. Will have to double check ahead of time when I go to shows and concerts now to see if they use these.

No fucking way am I locking my phone away like that. What if there was an emergency? What if someone NEEDED to get ahold of me? That's such a stupid concept.
Quote from: TaySan
I'll never attend any event that requires this. You're shit out of luck if there was an emergency.
Makes you wonder how humanity even survived to this point.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #20512 on: May 21, 2022, 04:09:28 AM »
This self righteous dipshit

If I am paying $800+ for a phone + paying however much a month for the service + shelling out however much for a ticket I am damn sure going to have my phone available to me if I want it. Not just in case of emergencies, but I will take pictures/video to remember and document the event. Especially if it is some high priced tickets and/or a big show. If the venue/act have a problem with that then they can just not have my money. Simple as that. Luckily most of the shows and events I have attended in the past have not required this and don't care. I mean they sometimes say "no video or photography" etc etc but nobody actually listens to that. i see hundreds of phones wherever I go lol

I mean they sometimes say "no video or photography" etc etc but nobody actually listens to that. i see hundreds of phones wherever I go lol

The venue put up a notice asking me not to do something. I did it anyway and now I'm morally buttraged because I'm facing the consequences of my actions. Lol.

Coax

« Reply #20513 on: May 21, 2022, 04:37:51 AM »
Experiencing something firsthand just doesn't have the same zest unless it can be captured in jostled portrait video amid a sea of similarly unlit hands holding rectangles.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #20514 on: May 21, 2022, 04:47:29 AM »
So what were the jokes?

Man I can't wait for the new netflix special :rejoice

Netflix don't care. They still have Jimmy Carr's stand up after his disgusting 'joke' about how a 'positive' of the Holocaust was the slaughter of 500,000 Gypsy, Roma and Siniti people.
I forgot about this, absolute legend
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #20515 on: May 21, 2022, 04:53:49 AM »
So what were the jokes?
It was a single joke, about his attack the other week:
:nsfw
“I mean, it wasn’t a gun, it was a knife! A gun that identifies as a knife?”
[close]
Stay safe.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #20516 on: May 21, 2022, 05:09:17 AM »
Shouldn't that be a knife that identifies as a gun?
[close]

#cancelchappelle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #20517 on: May 21, 2022, 05:10:53 AM »
oh wait chappelle just taught me something.

#free chappelle

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #20518 on: May 21, 2022, 05:14:21 AM »
No wait I'm right.

#chapellewho

Snoopycat_

« Reply #20519 on: May 21, 2022, 05:33:13 AM »
I have had friends both at the Manchester event I listed earlier and Bataclan attack in 2015 where one of my best mates had to pretend to be dead whilst there was an actual dead person lying on top of him as the gunmen went past so as not to be shot too.

There's no level they won't stoop to to "win" their moral outrage competition