Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1814401 times)

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #22500 on: June 16, 2022, 01:32:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/variety-amber-heard-not-fired-from-%E2%80%98aquaman-2-%E2%80%99-despite-viral-report.595923/page-2#post-88467366

:cop User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory accusations, antagonizing other users
Quote from: Maturin
Christ, what a nasty little island of misogyny this thread is. Surprised to see it on Era.

If you honestly think Depp isn't an abuser you weren't paying attention to the trial, or some of the things he has actually admitted.

Despite how you may feel about the trial, and it's outcome, I think you would have to admit many on Era are ecstatic to have an approved woman target they can attack.

The motivation could be a sort of "anti-intersectionality" thing for all I know ("yeah, fuck white women!"), but it's really interesting to watch either way with how out of step they are with the rest of the online progressive community.

Any highly political online community will utilize absolutist rhetoric and reduce everything to pure black and white.  For leftists in particular, there's little acknowledgement or sympathy for perceived edge cases or the idea that literally every proposed solution will have drawbacks, whether it be on a case by case level or otherwise.  Detransitioners, male abuse victims, situations where the presence of a cop was vital, etc.  It'll be ignored while everything else will have "one approved opinion" and anyone that goes against that will be beaten down until they leave or are excised from the space.

To see that same strict mindset applied to one of those supposed edge cases is downright bizarre.  It's maybe not the wish of the staff, but due to how the threads have gone, there effectively is one approved opinion.  And it's an opinion that's the reverse of other progressive spaces and even bannable in some.  I could see people incapable of forming their own opinions having an existential crisis over the sharp disparity despite the identical political alignment.  I imagine some with no critical thinking skills have straight up abandoned Era and started designating it as an alt-right chud space, which is hilarious.

NekoFever

« Reply #22501 on: June 16, 2022, 03:46:59 AM »
I must say, "how they feed and nurture their children from their bodies" is some absolutely beautiful wording. It encapsulates the physical and emotional aspects of the act, and is neutral while retaining a sense of warmth. A+++ wordsmithing right there.

Does it though?  :doge

That post goes on to use the term “pecfeeding”  :anhuld

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #22502 on: June 16, 2022, 04:44:50 AM »
Alright that Ezra stuff is crazy-crazy.

“While at a state park, Ezra repeatedly told Chase that they believed themselves to be the Second Coming of Jesus Christ, before pulling out a firearm (pistol).”

“Two days prior, Ezra posted a video to Instagram threatening the KKK in North Carolina. During this episode, Ezra reportedly transported an unknown supply of firearms and ammunition from Vermont to North Carolina for a potential confrontation with the KKK.”

“Tokata told their parents that Ezra Miller was using ketamine, and that Tokata was deeply impacted by Ezra Miller’s voodoo priest associate whom they’d visited while in New Orleans.”
Pretty hard read tbh. This makes me sick.

These coward journalists keep refusing to use Ezra's They/Them pronouns and keep typing their name. this is so alienating to all my non binaries  :cry

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #22503 on: June 16, 2022, 04:49:10 AM »
I must say, "how they feed and nurture their children from their bodies" is some absolutely beautiful wording. It encapsulates the physical and emotional aspects of the act, and is neutral while retaining a sense of warmth. A+++ wordsmithing right there.

Does it though?  :doge

That post goes on to use the term “pecfeeding”  :anhuld
The breast is not a pectoral muscle you fucking mentally challenged weirdo!!! FFS!!
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #22505 on: June 16, 2022, 06:02:23 AM »
The absolute state of Fire Emblem characters is hilarious to me, especially considering Nintendo's past history with being ultra conservative with character designs.
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #22506 on: June 16, 2022, 09:53:10 AM »
Quote from: GTAce, post: 88514826, member: 17093
God fucking damn. Conservatives really need more hobbies instead of blind hate.

Quote from: ZeroVagine, post: 88515033, member: 1119
Blind hate isn't a hobby for conservatives. It's a religion.
This isn't wrong. ResetERA.com is a super reactionary and conservative forum. When they aren't raging at someone for violating received doctrine they're promoting gender and racial roles. They have more stringent beliefs on sin than Middle Ages clergy and subjugate their own personal views to those of an "elite" self-selected caste of dubious value. They don't support science if it violates the canon. They constantly express their fear that someone somewhere is getting away with doing something without them being able to police it. They believe they have the ability to not only see into someones soul but also the soul of every person that person has ever interacted with. They write off entire companies and organizations for one belief or one person out of step with received doctrine. It's hard to find threads where they don't express apocalyptic black and white thinking and express a belief that sinners will receive divine judgement. They worship and fetishize totems. Their primary desire is a state of law and order for themselves and correspondingly the need for absolute unchecked power with no forms of due process. They prefer social shaming, blood feuds and "flexible" rules to a modern rule of law. They regularly bemoan liberal/Enlightenment values and technological/scientific advancement for disturbing what they think is the natural order of things dating back to tribal times.

Should we or should we not listen when someone tells you over and over again who they are?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22507 on: June 16, 2022, 10:53:22 AM »
For leftists in particular, there's little acknowledgement or sympathy for perceived edge cases or the idea that literally every proposed solution will have drawbacks, whether it be on a case by case level or otherwise.  Detransitioners, male abuse victims, situations where the presence of a cop was vital, etc.  It'll be ignored while everything else will have "one approved opinion" and anyone that goes against that will be beaten down until they leave or are excised from the space.

I almost lost one of my oldest and best friends because I thought acab was hyperbolic

in order for something to be bad, there has to be the possibility for it to be good, right? there's some alternate scenario in which things could've been done the right way, and they were in bitch eating her crackers mode where literally nothing could be pointed at as doing something right, or at least better than some alternative

and they stopped talking to me

and then a few months later was jan 6 and in the group chat they were gushing about the hero cop who saved the senators

Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #22508 on: June 16, 2022, 11:12:22 AM »
As for his character, he seems to be using the internet as a public figure, so he's open to the criticism, I suppose.

:thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #22509 on: June 16, 2022, 12:08:12 PM »
The people who love his show about an adorable racist will inevitable pick his side as well.
Imagine publicly admitting that you completely missed the core message of The Office (US) this massively.

And then using your failure to try and condemn another actor on that show as being an inherently bad person. And from there trying to condemn anyone who supports that actor on doing something completely unrelated to the show as blindly doing so but also revealing their own inherent qualities as a bad person for liking the show.

Why would you choose to be this way?

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22510 on: June 16, 2022, 12:38:40 PM »
The people who love his show about an adorable racist will inevitable pick his side as well.
Imagine publicly admitting that you completely missed the core message of The Office (US) this massively.

And then using your failure to try and condemn another actor on that show as being an inherently bad person. And from there trying to condemn anyone who supports that actor on doing something completely unrelated to the show as blindly doing so but also revealing their own inherent qualities as a bad person for liking the show.

Why would you choose to be this way?

You know what wayne gretsky always said

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #22511 on: June 16, 2022, 12:40:04 PM »
If ya smell what the Gretz is cooking :rodney
(ice)

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22512 on: June 16, 2022, 12:44:10 PM »
Oh thank God. I figured it had to be a misunderstanding/honest ignorance because he’s so progressive normally, but was definitely worried when he didn’t correct it immediately, but within 24 hours is good with me.

someone really likes the office

:whew

Close call.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22513 on: June 16, 2022, 12:48:02 PM »
So his apology is basically “I’m not a transphobe cause I have trans friends.”

There it is. was waiting for it.

:lol

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #22514 on: June 16, 2022, 12:54:17 PM »
I guess resetera doesn’t realize that Ricky Gervais makes a shit load of money from the US version of the office. 

Imagine admitting to materially supporting the genocide of Trans folx on resetera.com :wag

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #22515 on: June 16, 2022, 12:56:54 PM »
Look at that. You can make a mistake out of ignorance and own up to it, learn from it and pledge to do better, and a mob of wild trans people won't come to your house and murder you. It's almost like people are just asking to be treated with dignity and not forcing anything on anyone else.

I think I know what he's trying to say, but the way he worded it he's basically implying that mob of wild trans people would have come to Wilson's house and murdered him if he had not apologized

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22516 on: June 16, 2022, 12:58:40 PM »
speaking of doubling down.

The one I read basically said that he was told by his Trans friends that what he wrote was wrong, and the rest was “I educated myself” spiel that goes with all apologies of this nature.

:clap

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22517 on: June 16, 2022, 01:02:35 PM »
What is so funny to me is that they keep saying that no one is forced to change their language but at the same time they insist that people change their language.

Quote from: Trup1aya
They whine about how simply informing them of inclusive language equates to authoritarianism.

Quote from: Otnopolit
Decoupling language is a long process and I think the more we're open to making mistakes and fixing it while reminding people it should be changed for inclusivity is an important needle to thread.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #22518 on: June 16, 2022, 01:10:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wsj-wwe-board-probes-secret-3-million-hush-pact-by-ceo-vince-mcmahon-sources-say.596379/#post-88506735
Asked several times for general WWE threads to be banned on ERA.
Who the fuck still supports this organization?

Vince hired someone, paid her to fuck him and his friend and then awarded her an extremely generous golden handshake for discretion.

I thought ERA were supposed to support sex workers?
woke

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22519 on: June 16, 2022, 01:41:04 PM »
Good that he owned up to the mistake and apologized, but I wish he would've tried to explain how his tweet was misinformation, or at least signal boost one of the responses explaining why it was harmful.

and here's the be better

rainn should have become an expert in trans issues between tweets.   :wag

benjipwns

« Reply #22520 on: June 16, 2022, 02:01:04 PM »
What is so funny to me is that they keep saying that no one is forced to change their language but at the same time they insist that people change their language.

Quote from: Trup1aya
They whine about how simply informing them of inclusive language equates to authoritarianism.

Quote from: Otnopolit
Decoupling language is a long process and I think the more we're open to making mistakes and fixing it while reminding people it should be changed for inclusivity is an important needle to thread.

Are they saying that trans and non-binary people should simply suffer in the mean time waiting for people to learn? And the burden should be put entirely on the marginalized to inform others? :social

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm so tired.
[close]

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22521 on: June 16, 2022, 02:14:23 PM »
rainn is lucky to have gaffed in the era where everyone is yawning in their response like it's routine

"oh no, horrible person, do better, etc. etc."

Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22522 on: June 16, 2022, 03:00:53 PM »
Look at that. You can make a mistake out of ignorance and own up to it, learn from it and pledge to do better, and a mob of wild trans people won't come to your house and murder you. It's almost like people are just asking to be treated with dignity and not forcing anything on anyone else.

I think I know what he's trying to say, but the way he worded it he's basically implying that mob of wild trans people would have come to Wilson's house and murdered him if he had not apologized
Oh, but when it's that TERF bitch Joanne nah

ShutUp

« Reply #22523 on: June 16, 2022, 03:25:45 PM »
Obviously Joanne recruited Rainn to her TERFdom through Ricky Gervais. Joanne/Ricky are British, Ricky starred in the original UK version of The Office. Boom there’s the connection to tie them all together.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #22524 on: June 16, 2022, 03:41:06 PM »
Obviously Joanne recruited Rainn to her TERFdom through Ricky Gervais. Joanne/Ricky are British, Ricky starred in the original UK version of The Office. Boom there’s the connection to tie them all together.

sigh

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22525 on: June 16, 2022, 03:41:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vgc-the-ps-plus-collection-version-of-resident-evil-7-biohazard-cant-be-updated-to-the-ps5-version-for-free.596139/#post-88477095
DigitalOP
This game is like constantly under 15$, if this bothers someone that much they prob broke as hell lol

Seriously, the game is like 9$ On sale constantly
User banned (1 month): Hostility towards another user, long history of similar behavior
Hey slowpoke

Its not the claim thats in contention, its the idea that you're using the term for an argument about a fucking game update you cant get for free

Thats what makes some of you weirdos, getting all huffy about something you cant have for free at launch. Esp when access to the shit is 10$ or less, like when will "gamers" grow up. Seriously
:hesright

« Reply #22526 on: June 16, 2022, 03:51:19 PM »
a month ban for that?

it looks like a genocide of prominent members is happening

Boredfrom

« Reply #22527 on: June 16, 2022, 04:20:15 PM »
Quote from: IrishNinja
broke as hell people paying for a service in late capitalism, expecting it to deliver lololol

Is a videogame subscription, not your electricity and water.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22528 on: June 16, 2022, 04:32:13 PM »
Weird how DigitalOP moved on from destroying white supremacy to defending Sony being a cheapskate. Did he give his account away or something?

benjipwns

« Reply #22529 on: June 16, 2022, 04:44:00 PM »
Quote from: DigitalOp
“Defending”

When it’s more like seeing forum posts complaining for every single thing that isn’t given out for free every second.

The game came with the service. It still works on your system.
I’d take a bet that the majority of people upset by this actually already have a digital/disc copy and aren’t even playing the PS+ version. The game at this point cost less than a lunch meal.

It’s just my opinion, raise a stink online and they just might change it, they did it before.
So like someone said earlier, why is nobody pounding the table for Game Pass to offer the same update?

You’re still paying a service, the service isn’t free over there either
Whataboutism…. for a game update

Lol, some of y’all really need to just get offline, even for a few days
That's.... exactly what you did, lmao, and it's kind of amazing that you'd try to make other people seem weird for calling you out on it

Hey slowpoke

Its not the claim thats in contention, its the idea that you're using the term for an argument about a fucking game update you cant get for free

Thats what makes some of you weirdos, getting all huffy about something you cant have for free at launch. Esp when access to the shit is 10$ or less, like when will "gamers" grow up. Seriously
:idont

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #22530 on: June 16, 2022, 04:50:35 PM »
I hate that words like "wartime production" excite me.

I 3d printed a Kraken monster last week and added some yellow and blue heraldry on a whim, I decided then that it was some mythological defender of Snake Island and wanted to finish painting it today (holiday). I haven't gotten around to that because of court stuff, hopefully on the weekend he will be done.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22531 on: June 16, 2022, 05:02:05 PM »
Came across an article about Biden signing a bunch of LGBT executive orders including fighting hea don conversion therapy.  Surprised I didn't see a thread on era:

Biden supposedly signing LGBTQ+ EO this afternoon

Barely two pages.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22532 on: June 16, 2022, 05:06:27 PM »
Came across an article about Biden signing a bunch of LGBT executive orders including fighting hea don conversion therapy.  Surprised I didn't see a thread on era:

Biden supposedly signing LGBTQ+ EO this afternoon

Barely two pages.

Uh, excuse me, they had to talk about things that truly matter, like if that guy from The Office thinks "chest feeding" is dumb.

TacoWallace

« Reply #22533 on: June 16, 2022, 05:58:28 PM »
a month ban for that?

it looks like a genocide of prominent members is happening

Doing that is making room for shittier replacements like Lobster Roll to take over posting 100 times a day

They have enough "next man they up" wannabes to keep this going forever, especially with no clear rules for most things

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22535 on: June 16, 2022, 06:27:51 PM »
Ezra Miller making everything extra complicated by only targeting non-binary kids  :doge

Klelk

« Reply #22536 on: June 16, 2022, 06:36:37 PM »
Theory: Ezra targeted a non binary kid so you have double the chance of using the wrong pronoun

Polident Hive

« Reply #22537 on: June 16, 2022, 06:46:03 PM »
“ Tensions began brewing when the mother says she mentioned doing some traveling recently with “her tribe” of people, leading Miller to snap at her and accuse her of cultural appropriation. Then, a conversation about board games allegedly went sideways when, after Miller claimed that the board game Parcheesi had Rastafarian roots, the visiting neighbor—who is half-Black—questioned Miller as to which sect of the Rastafari movement it originated from.

“At this point, Ezra explodes and started screaming directly into my face,” the visiting neighbor tells me. “They said, ‘You don’t even know what the fuck you’re talking about. What did you say to me? What did you just say to me?!’”

“I was very caught off-guard,” the visiting neighbor continues. “Then they opened up their jacket—they had this, like, big Sherpa jacket—and they opened up one side of their jacket, you could see a gun, and they said, ‘Talking like that could get you into a really serious situation.’” “

I… uh

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #22538 on: June 16, 2022, 06:48:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/in-the-next-week-someone-on-resetera-will-make-the-50-000-000th-post.596688/page-2#post-88567848

Quote from: Hecht
I’m told that due to how we have our cluster set up, posts (in the URL) increment by 3 each time a new post is made. To ensure that if one goes down the site doesn’t die. I am not a sysadmin so I will assume the tech team knows what they are talking about. We didn’t have this setup since the beginning, which is why the number in the URL isn’t 3x what the front page count is.

The total count on the main page should be accurate though.

They say we can find out the 50 millionth post however.
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #22539 on: June 16, 2022, 06:51:05 PM »
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns of Transphobia; Meta-Commentary
Wait, is this transphobia or just an "Oh hey I learned something new today." tweet.

This forum loves dogpiling and assuming the worst without any clarification. Then they'll just deflect being called out by claiming the person was always a scumbag or something they're associated with must imply they're a scumbag and refuse to admit they probably just misunderstood the tweet.
User Banned (1 Month): Dismissing Concerns of Transphobia, Account in Junior Phase

It's clear that the wording is less than ideal but the fact that so many of you are treating it like the final draft of a supreme court submission and writing him off as a right wing piece of shit based on 20 words is pretty incredible.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #22540 on: June 16, 2022, 07:19:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/halo-infinite-adds-new-juneteenth-nameplate-named-bonobo-after-species-of-ape.595977/page-13#post-88546116

Quote from: GetLuffy
It's like some of the discussion I've seen in black circles online these companies do this shit on purpose. These corporate aggression against minroities (especially the black community because it's so much easier to shrug it off for some reason) generate some anger and online discourse, make a shitty apology/excuse, free publicity off stupid drama. No wonder they shipped the game with such shit support, they can't even lie about the mishap correctly. But as I've read through enough people will shield you as long as you keep their dopamine hit pure.
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22542 on: June 16, 2022, 08:09:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-regret-to-inform-you-that-dwight-from-the-office-is-posting-transphobic-memes-up-rainn-apologizes.596415/page-7#post-88556796
Planetsmasher
It was a stupid, mean-spirited post to make in the first place, but at least he learned his lesson, I guess.

Twitter really is just a garbage platform. I don't know why we thought giving people a platform to broadcast any rogue thought that floats through our stupid brains was a good idea.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #22543 on: June 16, 2022, 08:40:40 PM »
Has anyone actually asked the loonies what breastfeeding has to do with trans rights?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22544 on: June 16, 2022, 08:44:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-regret-to-inform-you-that-dwight-from-the-office-is-posting-transphobic-memes-up-rainn-apologizes.596415/page-7#post-88561062
Are you a professional writer, or have you ever considered writing a book? I would buy it. You're always so well-versed on the stats and events, and have a good way of getting the point across.
Kyuuji
Haha naw, I'm not a professional writer. I do appreciate the kind words though, truly. I enjoy writing and have mulled over writing a book when I have a few more years and experiences behind me. I think there's a number of things in my past that could help others in similar situations, especially when detailed and connected to later life realisations and understandings. At the very least it would present a nice project as and when the time feels right.
Imagine stanning for a user who not only played the bigot game Cyberpunk 2077 but replayed it multiple times :kobeyuck

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #22545 on: June 16, 2022, 09:22:51 PM »
Can’t wait for breast cancer to be transphobic.  It’s chest cancer! :gamergate

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #22546 on: June 16, 2022, 09:23:18 PM »
"You're always so well versed"

Don't they realise that RE has created an environment where Kyuuji literally can't be wrong because of her identity?  :lol
« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 09:29:16 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #22547 on: June 16, 2022, 10:05:33 PM »
Has anyone actually asked the loonies what breastfeeding has to do with trans rights?
Well, you see, you have to be a biological woman to be able to breastfeed and...........

Shut the fuck up big*t
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #22548 on: June 16, 2022, 10:07:28 PM »

Pec cancer you fucking big*t
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #22549 on: June 16, 2022, 10:09:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-regret-to-inform-you-that-dwight-from-the-office-is-posting-transphobic-memes-up-rainn-apologizes.596415/page-7#post-88561062
Are you a professional writer, or have you ever considered writing a book? I would buy it. You're always so well-versed on the stats and events, and have a good way of getting the point across.
This is the nonsense he thought was so great?
Quote from: Kyuuji
We're in the midst of a large and widespread surge of transphobia, and an incredibly effective radicalisation effort that has successfully turned the validity of trans identities into a wedge issue designed to suggest our place in society comes at the expense of cis women's. There are open calls for us to be executed, even by politicians. Genocidal talk and fascism from prominent voices is met with no institutional pushback but rather given backing by those who themselves are backed and uplifted by the media. In fact this radicalisation is so prominent that mainstream newspapers in the UK ran one or more anti-trans articles every day through 2021.

Yet despite all of this when a celebrity with the reach of 4.4m followers parrots a gender critical and transphobic talking point, completely rooted in the notion that trans acceptance goes hand in hand with the erasure of women – a key component of the radicalisation mentioned above, many of you would rather come in solely to post snide meta-commentary about the forum and anyone highlighting it as a concern. That it isn't the person with a massive audience who should do better and stay their hand before hitting post, but a handful of people on a forum irritated at someone with large reach pushing the very thing that aids in turning sentiment against us.

If Rainn wants to clarify he can. It would be the best outcome by far if he chose to take the opportunity to do so, especially if coupled with some accurate information on the subject for those unaware. Until that point though he's (inadvertently or otherwise) hand delivered a right-wing talking point to an audience where if even 0.5% of them take it as fact that's still 22,000 people who are another inch closer to thinking something is being taken from women in an effort to boost inclusivity. When we're years deep into this moral panic I've run out of benefits of the doubt to give to those I see uncritically regurgitating these things. If you have some spare to give though then at least consider extending them to those who can see the breadcrumbs of radicalisation, and not reserving them solely for the next celebrity to throw out some nonsense without thinking.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #22550 on: June 16, 2022, 10:19:07 PM »
This is the nonsense he thought was so great?
Quote from: Kyuuji
We're in the midst of a large and widespread surge of transphobia, and an incredibly effective radicalisation effort that has successfully turned the validity of trans identities into a wedge issue designed to suggest our place in society comes at the expense of cis women's. There are open calls for us to be executed, even by politicians. Genocidal talk and fascism from prominent voices is met with no institutional pushback but rather given backing by those who themselves are backed and uplifted by the media. In fact this radicalisation is so prominent that mainstream newspapers in the UK ran one or more anti-trans articles every day through 2021.

Yet despite all of this when a celebrity with the reach of 4.4m followers parrots a gender critical and transphobic talking point, completely rooted in the notion that trans acceptance goes hand in hand with the erasure of women – a key component of the radicalisation mentioned above, many of you would rather come in solely to post snide meta-commentary about the forum and anyone highlighting it as a concern. That it isn't the person with a massive audience who should do better and stay their hand before hitting post, but a handful of people on a forum irritated at someone with large reach pushing the very thing that aids in turning sentiment against us.

If Rainn wants to clarify he can. It would be the best outcome by far if he chose to take the opportunity to do so, especially if coupled with some accurate information on the subject for those unaware. Until that point though he's (inadvertently or otherwise) hand delivered a right-wing talking point to an audience where if even 0.5% of them take it as fact that's still 22,000 people who are another inch closer to thinking something is being taken from women in an effort to boost inclusivity. When we're years deep into this moral panic I've run out of benefits of the doubt to give to those I see uncritically regurgitating these things. If you have some spare to give though then at least consider extending them to those who can see the breadcrumbs of radicalisation, and not reserving them solely for the next celebrity to throw out some nonsense without thinking.

Well, even though the content is unhinged and almost completely fact-free, at least the writing is technically proficient (particularly when compared Slayven's spectacularly ignorant gibberish).
Spud

« Reply #22551 on: June 16, 2022, 10:23:54 PM »
Dude is not wrong, kyuuji would be able to write a very in depth guide for cyberpunk 2077. With lore and all.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22552 on: June 16, 2022, 11:31:46 PM »

Pec cancer you fucking big*t

Pec CancXr

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22553 on: June 17, 2022, 12:01:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-does-warner-bros-do-with-the-flash-movie.596781/#post-88559940
Ideally, cancel it. But they won't do it. They will release it in theaters.

At most we can boycott it and have them lose money.

Boredfrom

« Reply #22554 on: June 17, 2022, 12:34:58 AM »
WB is in an unwinnable position with that film. I don’t think you need to boycott it when the studio is probably as frustrated as ERA are with Ezra Miller.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22555 on: June 17, 2022, 01:10:56 AM »
frustrated because they're all "that could be me"

Boredfrom

« Reply #22556 on: June 17, 2022, 03:10:04 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/johnny-depp-jury-finds-that-amber-heard-defamed-him-in-op-ed.590196/page-39#post-88609614
Quote from: Zoop
They're literally just making facts up as they go along.

Never thought I'd see the day that progressive media starts doing the whole "alternative facts" bullshit, but here we are.

Yeah, progressives never lied or promoted scumbags until now.

:kermit

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #22557 on: June 17, 2022, 05:37:15 AM »
What's that saying?

Its not the first time they've done it, its the first time you've caught them.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #22558 on: June 17, 2022, 05:45:37 AM »
What's that saying?

Its not the first time they've done it, its the first time you've caught them.

that's what she said

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:existential
[close]

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #22559 on: June 17, 2022, 05:48:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/seriously-why-was-sonic-redesigned-to-look-like-shit-from-adventure-onwards.596859/page-4#post-88586484
User Banned (1 Month): Ableist slur, history of hostility
Are you slow ?
TIL Sonic hurls ableist slurs :dead