Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1825214 times)

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Forum 4 Sale for $4.5 Million OBO
« Reply #3720 on: October 14, 2021, 09:27:13 PM »
Why the FUCK would mods not want to get paid? Here's an idea: pay the mods appropriately except for the ones who want to be hairy potter house elves for some reason dumb reason.

Speaking for myself, I was able to be a part of something greater as a staff member. I had no interest in the money at all. My time as both a moderator and an admin helped me grow significantly as a person, relate my own struggles with disability and gender identity to others, and nourished friendships and relationships that have lasted to this day. While there was definitely conflict and struggle while I was on staff, I still have some incredible, life changing memories. The skills I obtained also carried over into my actual job, once I got into my field too. So in that sense, what I did at Era prepared me for life later on.

Being paid would have changed the dynamics of everything that happened significantly, and wouldn't have necessarily made anything easier or better for me.

I don't regret being a part of staff at all as a volunteer, and I have no reason to be concerned about the ownership update myself.

Being unpaid has been their excuse forever for why it's ridiculous for members to have any sort of expectations of the staff; volunteers sacrificing their health and mental well-being for the good of all!

Super fucking weird to see them go so hard on wanting to preserve the exact mentally tortuous, financially unrewarding environment that's ruined so many.

Honestly cannot wait for the first time MOBA makes a policy decree; there are zero signs the current staff has a reasonable appreciation of their actual importance in the scheme of things. It's going to be such a shitshow, and I fully expect to see them turn on each other.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #3721 on: October 14, 2021, 09:29:53 PM »
Quote from: sirpopopop
As one of the names on the lists people like to parade about in these threads when you all go on a rampage about the old days or when you are wondering about how people who used to run this site feel, let me be clear about one thing:

1. Congrats to Cerium on securing the bag.
Also: You could have gotten more money. I don't know why you didn't just go with the best offer.
Quote from: sirpopopop
lol love the drivebys
As a former admin of this site, and one of the original founders - my post isn't a driveby.

It's a statement of intent as to how a lot of the original team feels that I've talked to.

« Reply #3722 on: October 14, 2021, 09:33:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-60#post-75249189

Quote from: Nepenthe
As for the folks cancelling their EraClear in protest that staff were robbed, you are free to send that to any staffer of your choosing. Our CashApps are open.

Nah, you signed the terms, you make the payments.

:steiner

benjipwns

« Reply #3723 on: October 14, 2021, 09:37:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/post-75249222
Quote from: duckroll
Why is the focus of this thread about mod pay?
I have no idea, because a few weeks ago I was getting called a fascist and a cop. Now people want me to be called a fascist and a cop for an hourly rate.
No you're wrong. They now want to call you a fascist and a cop who is also a house slave with Stockholm syndrome, using your personal voice to suppress and silence the poor strawman mods who might want to be paid.
duckroll out here calling one of the few non-white women (now former) moderators a "strawman" :yikes

I stepped down because I no longer felt comfortable volunteering given that the new owner is a publicly traded company with a clear profit motive.

I would have considered staying on if moderation was paid or there was some sort of compensation structure from MOBA Network, but no other moderator (at least in the discussions I was part of) wanted that.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #3724 on: October 14, 2021, 09:39:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-60#post-75249189

As for the folks cancelling their EraClear in protest that staff were robbed, you are free to send that to any staffer of your choosing. Our CashApps are open.

Nah, you signed the terms, you make the payments.

:steiner

"we don't want to be paid, we do it for the love of the community, but actually yes yes please for the love of god pay us"
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #3725 on: October 14, 2021, 09:46:35 PM »
I have no idea, because a few weeks ago I was getting called a fascist and a cop. Now people want me to be called a fascist and a cop for an hourly rate.
No you're wrong. They now want to call you a fascist and a cop who is also a house slave with Stockholm syndrome, using your personal voice to suppress and silence the poor strawman mods who might want to be paid.
good examples here of why the general culture of this forum is so toxic, because everyone, including the staff, only want to relitigate past grievances and complain about how the other side are so mean. we can't talk about anything remotely contentious without being lumped into some generalized mass of bad actors and everyone assumes everyone else is speaking in bad faith. it's exhausting.
I am happy to put aside all the times my Black ass was compared to a legitimate force of oppression of my people for a generous donation.
:lol

« Reply #3726 on: October 14, 2021, 09:47:15 PM »
oh goddammit, beaten.

Nepenthe basically out for moderator reparations at this point, though.

Just gonna edit in the response that I assume is gonna lead to a ban:
Quote from: skullmuffins
moderators have been called forum cops since the beginning of time. it comes with the territory because the job is basically "policing" the userbase for infractions and "sentencing" them accordingly. If you believe that comparison is beyond the pale, that's on you for imputing far more meaning and baggage onto the term than what the speaker probably intends.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #3727 on: October 14, 2021, 09:49:03 PM »
You gotta be quick to beat Benji. :lol
OBE

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #3728 on: October 14, 2021, 09:49:20 PM »

Cerium.jpg

Yulwei

« Reply #3729 on: October 14, 2021, 09:49:50 PM »
mods rn

« Reply #3730 on: October 14, 2021, 09:58:40 PM »
what else can they do?

They got played, and obviously can't do anything about it.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3731 on: October 14, 2021, 09:58:42 PM »
Why the FUCK would mods not want to get paid? Here's an idea: pay the mods appropriately except for the ones who want to be hairy potter house elves for some reason dumb reason.

Speaking for myself, I was able to be a part of something greater as a staff member. I had no interest in the money at all. My time as both a moderator and an admin helped me grow significantly as a person, relate my own struggles with disability and gender identity to others, and nourished friendships and relationships that have lasted to this day. While there was definitely conflict and struggle while I was on staff, I still have some incredible, life changing memories. The skills I obtained also carried over into my actual job, once I got into my field too. So in that sense, what I did at Era prepared me for life later on.

Being paid would have changed the dynamics of everything that happened significantly, and wouldn't have necessarily made anything easier or better for me.

I don't regret being a part of staff at all as a volunteer, and I have no reason to be concerned about the ownership update myself.

Like I said before, I kind of feel bad for her. She is legit brainwashed to think this.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3732 on: October 14, 2021, 10:01:35 PM »

Being unpaid has been their excuse forever for why it's ridiculous for members to have any sort of expectations of the staff; volunteers sacrificing their health and mental well-being for the good of all!

Super fucking weird to see them go so hard on wanting to preserve the exact mentally tortuous, financially unrewarding environment that's ruined so many.

Honestly cannot wait for the first time MOBA makes a policy decree; there are zero signs the current staff has a reasonable appreciation of their actual importance in the scheme of things. It's going to be such a shitshow, and I fully expect to see them turn on each other.

Is just basic Martyr complex. It makes sense that the forum is so shitty because they are genuine broken people that get high by having power trips. Cerium, unknowingly or knowingly, exploited that.

benjipwns

« Reply #3733 on: October 14, 2021, 10:02:13 PM »
moderators have been called forum cops since the beginning of time. it comes with the territory because the job is basically "policing" the userbase for infractions and "sentencing" them accordingly. If you believe that comparison is beyond the pale, that's on you for imputing far more meaning and baggage onto the term than what the speaker probably intends.
I asked for this all to be water under the bridge and compensation for my services here.

Instead, you chose crackery.

I don't understand y'all sometimes.
Also it's been almost 30 minutes and absolutely none of you who were concerned about our financial well-being have offered to send any tips my way.
:kermit

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3734 on: October 14, 2021, 10:06:17 PM »
Bro I fucking can't with these mods  :lol

go ask for tips from your millionaire ex boss

Boredfrom

« Reply #3735 on: October 14, 2021, 10:09:26 PM »
Nepenthe is so distinguished mentally-challenged. Doesn’t even bother to say “give us” rather than “give me”.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Margs

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #3737 on: October 14, 2021, 10:11:13 PM »
I asked for this all to be water under the bridge and compensation for my services here.

Instead, you chose crackery.

I don't understand y'all sometimes.
Also it's been almost 30 minutes and absolutely none of you who were concerned about our financial well-being have offered to send any tips my way.
:kermit

Just make an Onlyfans and be done with it  :comeon

« Reply #3738 on: October 14, 2021, 10:12:33 PM »
Quote from: K.Jack
After 3,000 posts, not a single person saying we should be paid has dared to drop an actual figure or job description they think would be fair.

Anyone want to talk realities or is this just exercise? Getting paid has serious implications.

How much would mods have to be paid to:
Have it be enough to be seen as fair.
Have it not be enough to draw contempt.
Match the responsibility attributed to moderating Era.
Not bring negative complications to people's lives (taxes, insurance issues, etc.)
Do people want these to be full-time jobs? Do they come with insurance? Benefits? Paid time off? 401K?

Lay it out for me. I'm here to listen.

"I know we keep all of our policies and processes and such secret and do nothing but whine about how hard and time-consuming moderation is, but why don't you write our job descriptions for us if you think it sounds like something that deserves compensation?"

Boredfrom

« Reply #3739 on: October 14, 2021, 10:14:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/post-75249222
duckroll out here calling one of the few non-white women (now former) moderators a "strawman" :yikes

I stepped down because I no longer felt comfortable volunteering given that the new owner is a publicly traded company with a clear profit motive.

I would have considered staying on if moderation was paid or there was some sort of compensation structure from MOBA Network, but no other moderator (at least in the discussions I was part of) wanted that.

Being fair, Pau herself admitted she didn’t do shit to begin with. Probably the mods doesn’t even remember her as she did so little. Is kind of hilarious she is the one that wants to get paid.

benjipwns

« Reply #3740 on: October 14, 2021, 10:16:21 PM »
I don't think I have ever seen a thread with admin/mods more active.
and almost all focused entirely on universally mocking the idea that they should be paid for what they contend are abusive sleep depriving work conditions :hmm

« Reply #3741 on: October 14, 2021, 10:19:19 PM »
Better yet: https://ko-fi.com/nepenthe87577

ResetEra's no-nonsense Administrator and biggest Lúcio fan. This Ko-Fi is specifically for the members to acknowledge my time and effort into helping make ResetEra an inclusive gaming forum with direct donations. Each tip gives me the coffee I need to process all of the report queues efficiently and is genuinely appreciated!
Nepenthe
2 mins ago
Psst! Hey! Hey you! Did you also know this page is helping support a Black creative? Yes indeed! If empathy and progressive ambitions sound right up your alley, then what are you waiting for?

Because when I think "Nepenthe" I think "empathy"

benjipwns

« Reply #3742 on: October 14, 2021, 10:20:15 PM »
Better yet: https://ko-fi.com/nepenthe87577

ResetEra's no-nonsense Administrator and biggest Lúcio fan. This Ko-Fi is specifically for the members to acknowledge my time and effort into helping make ResetEra an inclusive gaming forum with direct donations. Each tip gives me the coffee I need to process all of the report queues efficiently and is genuinely appreciated!
Nepenthe
2 mins ago
Psst! Hey! Hey you! Did you also know this page is helping support a Black creative? Yes indeed! If empathy and progressive ambitions sound right up your alley, then what are you waiting for?
Here's how not mad I am.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #3743 on: October 14, 2021, 10:24:14 PM »
This is it. This is the end of resetera.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3744 on: October 14, 2021, 10:24:49 PM »
RedMerc bought a Coffee for Nepenthe

Quote from: RedMerc
Don't stop the party

nudemacusers

« Reply #3745 on: October 14, 2021, 10:27:12 PM »
TFW bire mods make as much per user as resetera mods, and they can’t even link to daddy neogaf properly.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #3746 on: October 14, 2021, 10:28:55 PM »
x
Received
kek
« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 10:36:27 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #3747 on: October 14, 2021, 10:32:17 PM »
No one can drop a figure or answer these questions for you that isn't already a moderator because we have no idea of the workload involved. It's up to you guys if you want to to do it for free, but seeing as multiple people have left the position due to mental health concerns/having to go to the emergency room due to stress suggests to me that it's enough work to warrant a wage.

Like I see there's a bit of an tendency on the last couple of pages to try to "own" people suggesting moderation should be paid work but if it puts people in the hospital it shouldn't be done for free. Just because you love the community doesn't mean you should work for free. not taking compensation for your work doesn't make your more noble.

Even just paying minimum wage would be better then what you're getting now: squat

And yeah, sure, nothing wrong with tips, but this site was making enough to put it's owner in the 1% purely from passive income. Pretty sure he could have given his employees something.
A lot of talk about the mods, but I think the far bigger issue is the exploitative nature of the subscription model which was sold to the user base as something necessary to keep the lights on, when it was funnelling millions into the pockets of a single individual far and above what was necessary to keep the site running.

For a forum that was essentially entirely community driven (say what you want about the technical side of things, the forum would have done nothing if it were not for the community driving the migration), the complete lack of transparency around the fact this place made one person a multi-millionaire is really shady.
I feel like if this came out about any other video game forum, this place would have a thread on it calling the website a scam, and the owner lots of names. Probably a threadmark about how defending it would result in a ban.

But because it’s here then it’s fine lol.
:shh

Boredfrom

« Reply #3748 on: October 14, 2021, 10:34:31 PM »
And yeah, sure, nothing wrong with tips

I can see a ton of wrong with this, specially since NepNep is getting paid by her sycophants to keep being a cunt.

benjipwns

« Reply #3749 on: October 14, 2021, 10:34:33 PM »
Quote from: TheHunter
Curious how many that are concerned with this community and the mods well being are the first to be lobbing venom and hate at them.
:popular

nudemacusers

« Reply #3750 on: October 14, 2021, 10:35:12 PM »
Wired: unpaid moderators working for corporate for-profit enterprise

Tired: Paid community managers working for corporate for-profit enterprise

it all come down to the title on your business card :success
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

benjipwns

« Reply #3751 on: October 14, 2021, 10:41:02 PM »
How fast are the other moderators going to start shilling their crap when they see that Nepenthe got 27+ tips within fifteen minutes of posting her shit after whining? :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #3752 on: October 14, 2021, 10:43:39 PM »
I personally assumed y'all were paid.
I can't believe that anyone actually thought that
Well, maybe I'm foolish, but as a place that is supposed to be super left wing it seems rather absurd that this place was built around a heavy abuse of volunteer labor to function with payment essentially in clout only, while being massively for profit.

Squid Game a little too real of a message there I guess.

Boredfrom

« Reply #3753 on: October 14, 2021, 10:44:45 PM »
Veelk bought a Coffee for Nepenthe

I hope that at least she is hot, you idiots.

Shuri

« Reply #3754 on: October 14, 2021, 10:50:00 PM »
Why would anyone trust anything from the mod and admins now?

The mods and admins must keep the forum under control until the security paymemt is done. It wont look good for MOBA if the forum they still havent paid off in full ends up self-destructing before the second payment is done.

I’m not sure how to feel the fact that Nephente  is downplaying users canceling their Era Clear accounts over this. Those users were  donating money in good faith, thinking it would go to staff and pay for upkeep.

Making fun of their principles and ethics about this is a very bad look.

This makes Moba Network look bad too, imo. 

« Last Edit: October 14, 2021, 11:05:56 PM by Shuri »

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #3755 on: October 14, 2021, 10:51:24 PM »
I dont drink coffee, can you just send me some VBucks instead, thanks
fat

Boredfrom

« Reply #3756 on: October 14, 2021, 10:53:55 PM »

The mods and admins must keep the forum under control until the security paymemt is done. It wont look good for MOBA if the forum they still havent paid off in full ends up self-destructing before the second payment is done.

I’m not sure how to feel the fact that Nephente is downplaying users canceling their Era Clear accounts over this. Those users were  donating money in good faith, thinking it would go to staff and pay for upkeep.

Making fun of their principles and ethics about this is a very bad look. It’s pretty bad to see high ranking mods and admins asks the newly purchased userbase for money.

This makes Moba Network look bad, imo.

You are saying this like anyone there gives a fuck anymore. Sycophants can buy NepNep now openly and will pretend is a fucking joke while bitching about being exploited.

benjipwns

« Reply #3757 on: October 14, 2021, 10:54:40 PM »
I dont drink coffee, can you just send me some VBucks instead, thanks
If you took BAT, I'd personally send you all of mine.

Propagandhim

« Reply #3758 on: October 14, 2021, 10:54:57 PM »

I’m not sure how to feel the fact that Nephente is downplaying users canceling their Era Clear accounts over this. Those users were  donating money in good faith, thinking it would go to staff and pay for upkeep.

Making fun of their principles and ethics about this is a very bad look. It’s pretty bad to see high ranking mods and admins asks the newly purchased userbase for money.

This makes Moba Network look bad, imo.

Even more, hearing the mods cry woe is me over the agonizing labor of being a mod will be a total embarrassment in light of this spineless behavior. 

Yulwei

« Reply #3759 on: October 14, 2021, 10:56:18 PM »
No one can drop a figure or answer these questions for you that isn't already a moderator because we have no idea of the workload involved. It's up to you guys if you want to to do it for free, but seeing as multiple people have left the position due to mental health concerns/having to go to the emergency room due to stress suggests to me that it's enough work to warrant a wage.

Like I see there's a bit of an tendency on the last couple of pages to try to "own" people suggesting moderation should be paid work but if it puts people in the hospital it shouldn't be done for free. Just because you love the community doesn't mean you should work for free. not taking compensation for your work doesn't make your more noble.

Even just paying minimum wage would be better then what you're getting now: squat

And yeah, sure, nothing wrong with tips, but this site was making enough to put it's owner in the 1% purely from passive income. Pretty sure he could have given his employees something.
A lot of talk about the mods, but I think the far bigger issue is the exploitative nature of the subscription model which was sold to the user base as something necessary to keep the lights on, when it was funnelling millions into the pockets of a single individual far and above what was necessary to keep the site running.

For a forum that was essentially entirely community driven (say what you want about the technical side of things, the forum would have done nothing if it were not for the community driving the migration), the complete lack of transparency around the fact this place made one person a multi-millionaire is really shady.
I feel like if this came out about any other video game forum, this place would have a thread on it calling the website a scam, and the owner lots of names. Probably a threadmark about how defending it would result in a ban.

But because it’s here then it’s fine lol.
:shh

The fact that Cerium made his own portal for "Era Clear" and didn't just use Patreon or something is hilarious. Dude cut out the middleman to make sure he had the highest percentage of the profits possible :patel

benjipwns

« Reply #3760 on: October 14, 2021, 10:56:37 PM »
Quote from: K-Jack, Moderator Against Pay
I am not asking you to put a dollar value on what we currently do. The questions are asking what YOU would expect for and from a paid mod position. Treat it as a blank slate newly hiring position if you must.

People keep saying "pay the mods" with no details, so I'm asking what they think mods should be paid and what they'd expect.
Many other places have a position called community manager to handle forums and socials. This is a well known industry standard position. I don’t know why you’re acting like it’s some obscure unheard of thing. This used to be a paid position at the escapist forums, for example.
Even Facebook social managers for any brand get paid.
this is not going the way they thought I don't think

Boredfrom

« Reply #3761 on: October 14, 2021, 10:58:44 PM »
They can just admit they got fucked in the ass for nothing and it is all their own fault. They need to be Jesus Christ in the cross suffering for all the ingrates of the world. There is always a Red Mercury or Veelk willing to debase themselves.

« Reply #3762 on: October 14, 2021, 11:00:09 PM »
I have a steam copy of bad rats if bire mods need compesatin

Propagandhim

« Reply #3763 on: October 14, 2021, 11:00:18 PM »
Not bring negative complications to people's lives (taxes, insurance issues, etc.)
Do people want these to be full-time jobs? Do they come with insurance? Benefits? Paid time off? 401K?

Complete obfuscation of the point.  The point:  Cerium had plenty of cash to pay the mods *anything*.  Throw Nepenthe $500 bones a month to help her pay off that Versa.  The poor woman is going to be an indentured servant to the Nissan corporation until she's 60.

ShutUp

« Reply #3764 on: October 14, 2021, 11:00:27 PM »
These people are giving tips to a supporter of killing white babies and someone who openly hates white people and shouts about it all the time on there, a forum full of white people.

The absolute cuck of it all is amazing  :lol “yes Nep Nep, I am white and a piece of shit, yes indeed here take some money from me” goddamn have some dignity you losers

benjipwns

« Reply #3765 on: October 14, 2021, 11:02:59 PM »
I think it's pretty telling that several mods are explicitly saying that the prospect of being paid for their volunteer labor just isn't something they would find that important, but what would be much more meaningful to them is simply to not be subjected them to hideous abuse and toxic interactions from the userbase.

And several users immediately shoot that right down.
"Gaslighting is good actually" say staff member sycophants.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #3766 on: October 14, 2021, 11:15:36 PM »
I think it's pretty telling that several mods are explicitly saying that the prospect of being paid for their volunteer labor just isn't something they would find that important, but what would be much more meaningful to them is simply to not be subjected them to hideous abuse and toxic interactions from the userbase.

And several users immediately shoot that right down.
"Gaslighting is good actually" say staff member sycophants.

very marlboro esque blame the consumer logic

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #3767 on: October 14, 2021, 11:18:19 PM »
At least it’s an upgrade from chasing white guilt Twitter and dropping a money bag emoji in the replies to get cash app’d.

Way to go nepnep!
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #3768 on: October 14, 2021, 11:38:42 PM »
There's been no shortage of poor moderating decisions made on this forum in its run thus far; speaking on things that personally affected me, everything that went on in the run-up to Cyberpunk's launch was unforgettable to say the least. Optimistically i’d want to believe the involved members would own up to those mistakes and better themselves if similar scenarios were to arise; though preferably we’d never again get to a point where things are as bad as they were for TransEra last December
I think they're talking about Kyuuji having to play through Cyberpunk 2077 twice to see if it had any "legitimacy"

benjipwns

« Reply #3769 on: October 14, 2021, 11:40:52 PM »
Cute.

You should be hitting Cerium up for some dosh, instead of playing the community.
First of all, yes I am cute as hell.

Second of all, who let you back in the house?

Third of all, it's funny how everytime I ask the community to act communal, it's crickets. You all want staff to be paid? Nothing stopping you.

Fourth, you don't even know where the money I did earn is about to go.

Fifth, pay me, you monochromatic freeloader.
slay queen

Yulwei

« Reply #3770 on: October 14, 2021, 11:44:47 PM »
Nepenthe taking it out on the plebs because she knows she spent years of her life modding that forum for free and can't do anything about it. Cerium already got his bag.

She's too fucking craven to even ask Cerium for a severance package. He really mindbroke those jannies  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3771 on: October 14, 2021, 11:48:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/post-75253941

Yes we do!

ど助平

Boredfrom

« Reply #3772 on: October 14, 2021, 11:50:49 PM »
Third of all, it's funny how everytime I ask the community to act communal, it's crickets. You all want staff to be paid? Nothing stopping you..

Why not make a collective found to share all the staff rather than people paying to you to be your friend. Is gross that you try to joke about it while getting tips from your orbiters.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #3773 on: October 14, 2021, 11:55:51 PM »
Cute.

You should be hitting Cerium up for some dosh, instead of playing the community.

Third of all, it's funny how everytime I ask the community to act communal, it's crickets. You all want staff to be paid? Nothing stopping you.

slay queen

Is monochromatic the newest insult to the yts now?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #3774 on: October 15, 2021, 12:02:28 AM »
Cute.

slay queen

Is monochromatic the newest insult to the yts now?
I think it's a reference to the panda being black and white. NepNep am smert
Spud

Vertigo

« Reply #3775 on: October 15, 2021, 12:04:20 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ign-middle-east-no-jim-ryan-gaming-in-the-middle-east-existed-long-before-playstation.498039/#post-74976621

No perms or duration pending. Were they worrying about user numbers before the sale? :thinking

Most of the bans are Playstation fanboys protecting the hive.

Transistor had to look like he was doing something as Jim Ryans comments were problematic to some, so some of his lads have to swallow that 1 month ban.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #3776 on: October 15, 2021, 12:05:04 AM »
putting mod stuff out in the main forum to public view

yeah, that's totally gonna be cool to keep doing in your internship

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #3777 on: October 15, 2021, 12:09:09 AM »
OBE

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #3778 on: October 15, 2021, 12:18:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-59#post-75246933

I want to share an idea with you.

Some human beings, yes including mods, get out of their beds every day, shower, apply makeup, dress, leave their houses, and engage in activities that might be considered by an onlooker as labor...............for free.

It is the utmost practice of cynicism for cynicism's sake to believe that mods could/would only engage in the way that we do for money. A lot of us care about these communities. A lot of us agreed to steward these communities because we want to see them thrive. Because we believe in the grand experiment.

Many of us made the decisions we did without thinking about money. Because our everyday decisions don't revolve around money.

:uguu

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-59#post-75247110

Roy already said it great but if I can add another perspective to it as well, when you get paid for something it can suck the fun out of it, it becomes an obligation, expectations may increase, you may have to sacrifice more personal info, a lot of people are cool with it being a hobby.

:popular

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #3779 on: October 15, 2021, 12:19:36 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-64#post-75255102

Quote from: Kinthey
Wait, now members are supposed to pay the mods and not the people who actually make money with this site?
You're not supposed to do anything (that's the point of this whole topic; fundamentally nothing has changed for members or staffers). The point was that you all felt it was extremely important that staff get paid for our labor. So I, being an intrepid little bean, set up a way for you all to directly contribute since you all seem to care a lot about our financial well-being. Like, I provided a solution to the problem.

Now you're hemming and hawwing.

Do you want us to have money or nah?

She really can't see the difference between being paid fair compensation for a job and aggressively pan handing the users?
OBE