Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1827934 times)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #39900 on: February 06, 2023, 10:09:22 PM »
Quote from: sprsk
Just popping into say y'all are awesome and to keep up the good fight. Crazy how one small gaming forum can make such a profound impact.
What good fight?  That Wizard game is getting very high ratings  :lol

Top of the page pic
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 10:25:27 AM by Taco Bell Tower »

« Reply #39901 on: February 06, 2023, 10:28:48 PM »
In Era is absolutely not self-radicalizing to a ridiculous degree:
Quote from: Jombie
People can deflect with semantics or pretentious debate tactics all day long, but it's just not that difficult. Rowling is one of the most dangerous people on the planet, but fans have to have their cheap high of nostalgia for a time when things were easier  - at the expense of people who have never had it easy just walking down the fucking street.

But that's the world we live in. We're morally broken beyond repair.

ONE OF THE MOST DANGEROUS PEOPLE ON THE PLANET

...is this a troll account because jesus christ

PogiJones

« Reply #39902 on: February 06, 2023, 10:34:38 PM »
I'm disappointed no one on ree has given it a really shitty nickname like Bigot's Terfery they all use tbh :gurl

I saw someone on Twitter call it Pigfarts Legacy, apparently not realizing the name is already intentionally gross, and thinking that changing Hog to Pig and Warts to Farts is some mega-own.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #39903 on: February 06, 2023, 10:35:06 PM »
But you just said it.

For some people it was their first book, or their first fantasy genre book.

That can be hard for some people to let go of.

I know it was hard for me to dump all my books and my cosplay, my DVDs and my wands, and other things into a literal dumpster.

I did it though because I knew as a non-binary person I would be just surrounding myself with items that made me self-hate. I did have the advantage that I had already sort of started viewing Rowlings as a hack writer.

But crap that was a lot of money I literally threw in the trash. And even knowing everything she was doing, my connections were still there so it was still hard.
:girlaff

Boredfrom

« Reply #39904 on: February 06, 2023, 10:38:48 PM »
“Why mom doesn’t love me?”

benjipwns

« Reply #39905 on: February 06, 2023, 10:48:01 PM »
They reflexively reject separating the artist from the art because that lets chuds have a win, but doing that would have allowed them to keep what they love even when Rowling "betrayed" them by being an independent person they didn't actually have ownership of like they presumed they did because they liked something she made.

It's also a healthy thing to do anyway considering how many artists are fucking stupid and you shouldn't be getting your moral principles from them in the first place.

knux-future

« Reply #39906 on: February 06, 2023, 10:51:17 PM »
the fact that this shitshow is over a video game based off a children's book is sad as fuck

and anyone legitimately fighting about this needs to take a look inward and do better lol

benjipwns

« Reply #39907 on: February 06, 2023, 10:55:44 PM »
and anyone legitimately fighting about this needs to take a look inward and do better lol
Sounds about white.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39908 on: February 06, 2023, 11:02:35 PM »
But you just said it.

For some people it was their first book, or their first fantasy genre book.

That can be hard for some people to let go of.

I know it was hard for me to dump all my books and my cosplay, my DVDs and my wands, and other things into a literal dumpster.

I did it though because I knew as a non-binary person I would be just surrounding myself with items that made me self-hate. I did have the advantage that I had already sort of started viewing Rowlings as a hack writer.

But crap that was a lot of money I literally threw in the trash. And even knowing everything she was doing, my connections were still there so it was still hard.
:girlaff
Where's that dude who torn a Harry Potter book while his cat looks terrified along with a freaking messy food bowl

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39909 on: February 06, 2023, 11:07:45 PM »
People can deflect with semantics or pretentious debate tactics all day long, but it's just not that difficult. Rowling is one of the most dangerous people on the planet, but fans have to have their cheap high of nostalgia for a time when things were easier  - at the expense of people who have never had it easy just walking down the fucking street.

Hitler literally caused a genocide while that TERF BITCH JOANNE did the same with trans despite there's absolute no proof whatsoever of said genocide.

ShutUp

« Reply #39910 on: February 06, 2023, 11:15:28 PM »
Quote from: sprsk
Just popping into say y'all are awesome and to keep up the good fight. Crazy how one small gaming forum can make such a profound impact.
What good fight?  That Wizard game is getting very high ratings  :lol

“Profound impact”

One so profound they are already dreading the NPD thread next month

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #39911 on: February 06, 2023, 11:19:34 PM »
JK thread is locked again  :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #39912 on: February 06, 2023, 11:23:46 PM »
Quote from: ClickyCal' (who? 52,095 posts?!?)
Tbh, any lgb and especially t reviewer that doss cover the game is moreso harmful because for every one that does, it's another that bad actors and whoever else will point at as their argument.
Yup, pick me adjacent behavior if you ask me.
We all know what to do with class traitors. :bolo

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39913 on: February 06, 2023, 11:32:58 PM »
Not open for further replies.
TransRee have no one but themselves to blame since they can't even bother to follow the rules.

PogiJones

« Reply #39914 on: February 06, 2023, 11:33:11 PM »
"Sex is biological while gender is an artificial social construct."
Okay.

"Some people's gender doesn't match their sex."
Alright.

"Policies meant to protect a biological sex aren't allowed to discriminate based on biological sex, but instead only on the artificial construct of gender."
Wait, what

:cat

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #39915 on: February 06, 2023, 11:36:13 PM »
Quote from: Nepenthe
We're locking this thread one more time for another cooldown period overnight.

To reiterate once more, discussion of Hogwarts Legacy is fully banned on ResetEra, regardless of whether or not you bought it, and regardless of how you feel about about the property in question. This decision was made to A.) provide a safe space to the trans community so as not to deal with trolling and harassment over a video game based upon an IP created by a bigot, and B.) to rebuke said bigot's continuous spearheading of transphobic oppression in real life. Skirting around this rule by posting reviews, thinkpieces, and reactions about the game, even when done in good faith, is non-negotiable.

When this topic is reopened, any and every member will be subjected to an immediate month's-long ban on sight for any mention of the game. No exceptions.

Love how guys like Laughing Banana are the sacrificial lambs while the rest gets a million chances  :doge

Averon

« Reply #39916 on: February 06, 2023, 11:38:22 PM »
Look at that. B-Dubs, or more like Nep, actually putting some teeth behind their HL ban.

FUME5

« Reply #39917 on: February 06, 2023, 11:38:25 PM »
Fuckin lol

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #39918 on: February 06, 2023, 11:39:18 PM »
Man who knew not discussing a video game on a video game forum would be hard  :doge

PogiJones

« Reply #39919 on: February 06, 2023, 11:39:42 PM »
When this topic is reopened, any and every member will be subjected to an immediate month's-long ban on sight for any mention of the game. No exceptions.
Reopened to talk about...what?

benjipwns

« Reply #39920 on: February 06, 2023, 11:40:25 PM »
Time for Joanne to start tweeting about the game coming out. :sicko

benita

« Reply #39921 on: February 06, 2023, 11:43:12 PM »
When this topic is reopened, any and every member will be subjected to an immediate month's-long ban on sight for any mention of the game. No exceptions

:putin

PogiJones

« Reply #39922 on: February 06, 2023, 11:44:26 PM »
Look at that. B-Dubs, or more like Nep, actually putting some teeth behind their HL ban.

BikeJesus

« Reply #39923 on: February 06, 2023, 11:46:15 PM »
They act so tough, but don't seem to mind having special rules for their behavior. Any other users would have gotten banned for ignoring a mod post.

Once again, if they just applied the TOS evenly, it might actually be an ok forum.

Nepnep be sharpening their hookup knife all night.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
hey

PogiJones

« Reply #39925 on: February 06, 2023, 11:51:06 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39926 on: February 06, 2023, 11:52:19 PM »
They reflexively reject separating the artist from the art because that lets chuds have a win, but doing that would have allowed them to keep what they love even when Rowling "betrayed" them by being an independent person they didn't actually have ownership of like they presumed they did because they liked something she made.

It's also a healthy thing to do anyway considering how many artists are fucking stupid and you shouldn't be getting your moral principles from them in the first place.

it's also the gigachad not giving one single fuck move

like do you want to be so weak that you let others not only live rent free in your head, but let them mind control you by compelling your behavior? or do you say, this is a sunk cost, it's mine, and you don't get to take it from me?
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #39927 on: February 06, 2023, 11:59:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/BigotsBiteMe/status/1622683596338200577
https://twitter.com/Lilinyx_ofc/status/1622687802969186307
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dr. Killgood
@TheJakeL152
Plus sirona sounds a lot like siren, because these people think we're a bunch of groomers. Might be reading too hard but that was my first thought
Tomboy Taru | 🥊💕🧁
@lordofspiritsan
And three broomsticks sure makes me think of 'three legs' too...
John V.
@greendarmok
Also sounds a bit like "siren", which is a dangerous pseudo-woman...
🏳️‍🌈 Kalathël 🏳️‍⚧️
@Kal_thas
i. genuinely thought it was like. a play off of storm ryan. a ftm trans youtuber. oh thats so much worse
Sailor Portia
@SailorPortia
According to wikipedia, Sirona is the name of a Gaulish goddess associated with eggs (a little on the nose) and snakes (and we all know how the Harry Potter franchise feels about snakes)
Rocket Lanterns
@rocketlanterns
Huh, what a rather curious thing to announce a few days before the game comes out so that if people start looking into the trans issues they're seeing everywhere they see this exact announcement and news about it rather than the actual transphobia that needs to be exposed...
[close]

:yikes

They knew exactly what they were doing.

I'm so tired.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 06:41:00 AM by benjipwns »

BikeJesus

« Reply #39928 on: February 06, 2023, 11:59:53 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39929 on: February 07, 2023, 12:00:43 AM »
what's a good non-suspect name
Uncle

Averon

« Reply #39931 on: February 07, 2023, 12:04:12 AM »
Look at all these attacks on innocent gaming journalists today  :snoop
I guess it's true: Gamergate never truly ended  :wag

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #39933 on: February 07, 2023, 12:10:26 AM »
there's actually a second trans character in the game, but she shows up later on and not a lot of players have gotten to her yet

so I really wonder how they'll react when they find out about amelia von hiddenpenis
Uncle

PogiJones

« Reply #39934 on: February 07, 2023, 12:10:56 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #39935 on: February 07, 2023, 12:12:03 AM »
At this point I think President Biden needs to do what President Trump should have done for Joker and stop this from coming out before more people die.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39936 on: February 07, 2023, 12:14:14 AM »
I can barely remember what JK Rowling has even said about transgender issues, but I'm going to guess that it's not what it has been twisted into being :thinking
Well, she definitely didn't call for the wholesale slaughter of the trans population and the piling up of their bodies in the street as one moderator claims.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #39937 on: February 07, 2023, 12:15:12 AM »
I guess it's true: Gamergate never truly ended  :wag
Uh, did you miss Johnny Depp? And then Roe being overturned? Then Elon buying Twitter?

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #39938 on: February 07, 2023, 12:16:16 AM »
Now that we have a confirmation of vile transphobic content in Hogwarts Legacy hopefully Kyuuji can new game+ it 3 or 4 times to make sure there isn’t any other genocidal markers in it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 12:20:32 AM by CHOW CHOW »
hey

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39939 on: February 07, 2023, 12:18:33 AM »

I like the idea that the trolls are actually just trolling each other and all they've managed to achieve is to troll themselves.
 :hulk
*insert Hulk Hogan jabronie marks tweet*
Spud

PogiJones

« Reply #39940 on: February 07, 2023, 12:22:02 AM »
I can barely remember what JK Rowling has even said about transgender issues, but I'm going to guess that it's not what it has been twisted into being :thinking
Well, she definitely didn't call for the wholesale slaughter of the trans population and the piling up of their bodies in the street as one moderator claims.

FACT CHECK:

https://twitter.com/RootTangle/status/1622672401325764608

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39941 on: February 07, 2023, 12:23:37 AM »
Quote from: Nepenthe
We're locking this thread one more time for another cooldown period overnight.

To reiterate once more, discussion of Hogwarts Legacy is fully banned on ResetEra, regardless of whether or not you bought it, and regardless of how you feel about about the property in question. This decision was made to A.) provide a safe space to the trans community so as not to deal with trolling and harassment over a video game based upon an IP created by a bigot, and B.) to rebuke said bigot's continuous spearheading of transphobic oppression in real life. Skirting around this rule by posting reviews, thinkpieces, and reactions about the game, even when done in good faith, is non-negotiable.

Love how guys like Laughing Banana are the sacrificial lambs while the rest gets a million chances  :doge
Does this include moderators? Or are they the animals that are more equal than others?
Spud

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #39942 on: February 07, 2023, 12:23:57 AM »
Demi-kun, pls fix this weird tweet loading bug that makes it a chore to refresh this thread.  Now is not the time for The Bire’s next gen forum software to be acting up.
:existential
hey

benjipwns

« Reply #39943 on: February 07, 2023, 12:25:00 AM »
The great part is that we started with genocide and mass executions and this is a culture that demands ever increasing escalation to place their position further and further into immunity from criticism. :phil

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39944 on: February 07, 2023, 12:26:25 AM »
Reopened to talk about...what?
Well, they can just go back to taking about how that cunt bitch Joanne (TERF bitch) should be dragged from her home and literally beheaded and set alight in the street for the mass deaths that her tweet has caused.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #39946 on: February 07, 2023, 12:33:24 AM »
Holy fuck, those tweets.   Do they seriously have that much time to analyze and come to such conclusions? :dead

Taco Bell Tower

PogiJones

« Reply #39948 on: February 07, 2023, 12:40:05 AM »
Holy fuck, those tweets.   Do they seriously have that much time to analyze and come to such conclusions? :dead

Greatness Gone

« Reply #39949 on: February 07, 2023, 12:47:45 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-social-media-embargo-for-ant-man-and-the-wasp-quantumania-has-lifted.684076/
Quote from: SkinnyIndonesian, post: 100852861, member: 109015
Fuck Evangeline Lily. Hopefully her role in this isn't that prominent.

Can't wait for next week.
FUCK this right wing antivax conspiracy theorist BITCH!

Can’t wait to see her movie!

FUME5

« Reply #39950 on: February 07, 2023, 01:07:36 AM »

I like the idea that the trolls are actually just trolling each other and all they've managed to achieve is to troll themselves.
 :hulk
*insert Hulk Hogan jabronie marks tweet*

I dunno man, I sure as shit aint anti trans, so these idiots actively hurting the cause of trans people with their stupid fucking hyperbole is as depressing as it is hilarious.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #39951 on: February 07, 2023, 01:19:47 AM »
I'm waiting to see which posters catch a ban. :popcorn

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-44#post-100849066

:cop User Banned (1 Month): Ignoring the staff post regarding banned content
Quote from: Laughing Banana
https://www.engadget.com/hogwarts-legacy-boycott-editorial-110018998.html
Why I’m reviewing Hogwarts Legacy | Engadget
In the lead-up to our review of Hogwarts Legacy, senior reporter Jessica Conditt discusses the controversy surrounding the game..
www.engadget.com

Curious, what do you guys think about this?

:hmm

I’m far too lazy to find the posts, but I’m pretty sure he’s one of the few people to call out Kyuuji on NG+ing Cyberpunk while simultaneously doing a forum jihad on it. Even got banned for it once.

Him being the only person banned on that page is a coincidence, I’m sure :kermit
Margs

FUME5

« Reply #39952 on: February 07, 2023, 01:27:28 AM »
He hates aussies so idgaf  :lol

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #39953 on: February 07, 2023, 01:31:12 AM »
Okay, I found the old post:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-boycotting-video-games-is-a-joke-youre-falling-for-it-by-nate-the-hate-and-modern-vintage-gamer.651657/page-3#post-96118512

Quote from: Laughing Banana, post: 96118512, member: 11070
This is anecdotal, but it just simply puzzles me when I see someone who is claiming to have a very strong feeling regarding a VG company and a game that releases due to moral reasons, but then proceeded to play the game anyways, day 1, and even using VPN to unlock the game earlier, even using justification saying that they have the game gifted to them and so it's okay since they're not buying it like WTF, why does it make any difference since the person gifting the game for them also give money to the company.

Stuff like that puzzles me. People that justify stuff to make themselves feel better about doing things they're supposedly railing against in the first place, at least be honest with it.

:sicko :popcorn :salute

ETA on perm?

Totally unrelated to current ban :info :tinfoil :kermit
Margs

PogiJones

« Reply #39954 on: February 07, 2023, 01:41:17 AM »
I dunno man, I sure as shit aint anti trans, so these idiots actively hurting the cause of trans people with their stupid fucking hyperbole is as depressing as it is hilarious.
Not to mention the whole concept of this particular boycott (refusing coverage of the biggest game of the year so far) is just asinine.

"What if, at a time tons people are looking for Hogwarts content, we don't give them any from our perspective, and instead funnel all the eyeballs, money and power to our opposition?"

FUME5

« Reply #39955 on: February 07, 2023, 01:45:20 AM »
The harry potter game made me like a pogi jones post.

Fuck this bullshit.

SmokyDave

« Reply #39956 on: February 07, 2023, 01:50:58 AM »
I got up early today to clean all the trans bodies away from the front door before the girls leave for school. Seems like the broadband might be quite slow around here because there aren’t any yet. I’ll check again after I’ve made the packed lunches.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39957 on: February 07, 2023, 02:01:09 AM »
Time? There's about three minutes of incoherent thought put into those tweets
Spud

PogiJones

« Reply #39958 on: February 07, 2023, 02:04:05 AM »
The harry potter game made me like a pogi jones post.

Fuck this bullshit.

I remember liking my first Cauliflower post. The pain dulls with time.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #39959 on: February 07, 2023, 02:09:11 AM »
what's a good non-suspect name

Melanie Knuckles
woke