Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1870621 times)

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #39960 on: February 07, 2023, 02:13:13 AM »
what's a good non-suspect name

Melanie Knuckles
Manfrere Dichausen

Keep it going

Sexy Satan for Polident Hive
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 05:46:19 AM by Potato »
Spud

PogiJones

« Reply #39961 on: February 07, 2023, 02:32:16 AM »

BikeJesus

« Reply #39962 on: February 07, 2023, 02:36:08 AM »
Perfect timing to lock down the JK thread with ZOGwarts Legacy unlocking early for those who bought the deluxe edition(everyone claiming they won't be purchasing it).

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39963 on: February 07, 2023, 02:36:34 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/avatar-the-way-of-water-will-gross-2-5-billion-update-faithfuls-new-favorite-song-is-bon-jovis-livin-on-a-prayer.662731/page-178#post-100787713
Kyuuji
#8 down. Maybe that's enough.

Maybe.
:ego
The only people I know who repeatedly watch a movie like this are children and distinguished mentally-challenged fellows on Reeeeesetera.
Spud

NekoFever

« Reply #39964 on: February 07, 2023, 02:39:53 AM »
Polygon hasn’t reviewed it or mentioned it on their homepage, but Google Hogwarts Legacy and they’ve got a growing list of SEO bait how to articles:

https://www.polygon.com/hogwarts-legacy-guide

« Reply #39965 on: February 07, 2023, 02:55:21 AM »
If Era actually sticks to their guns and bans ALL HL content, they'll weather the storm pretty well.  There will be some awkward stuff here and there like sales threads and end of year accolades, but nothing that will cause a full forum meltdown.  I'm skeptical of people being able to keep their mouths shut, but we'll see.

This weird culture war is more being fought on Twitter, Reddit and Twitch.  People playing the game are getting harassed like crazy like Girlfriend Reviews.  I don't really see the anti-JKR side winning this, especially when you got a literal streamer tracker site used to name and shame people daring to stream the funny wizard game.  It's going to culminate in someone having an actual public mental breakdown and Rowling will ironically come out looking morally superior.

NekoFever

« Reply #39966 on: February 07, 2023, 03:01:29 AM »
Girlfriend Reviews getting harassed for streaming it until she takes a break in tears:

https://www.twitch.tv/girlfriendreviews/clip/AffluentDepressedToadEagleEye-UC7QxsWVuGHtlvh-

If you watch the full video in context, he starts complaining about “alt-left gamers” and how Harvey Weinstein produced the LOTR movies so you better not watch them. Definitely cancelled now.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 03:10:34 AM by NekoFever »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #39967 on: February 07, 2023, 03:05:28 AM »
I dunno man, I sure as shit aint anti trans, so these idiots actively hurting the cause of trans people with their stupid fucking hyperbole is as depressing as it is hilarious.
Not to mention the whole concept of this particular boycott (refusing coverage of the biggest game of the year so far) is just asinine.

"What if, at a time tons people are looking for Hogwarts content, we don't give them any from our perspective, and instead funnel all the eyeballs, money and power to our opposition?"

I think theyd rather stand firm and let people who disagree migrate to Neogaf, then do a 180 on their stance and let people discuss the game there. They dont mind losing those users im sure.
What

Drainage

« Reply #39968 on: February 07, 2023, 03:25:18 AM »
Are folks really shuffling back to neogaf

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #39969 on: February 07, 2023, 03:27:11 AM »

I would assume some are for sure
What

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39970 on: February 07, 2023, 03:27:32 AM »
If Era actually sticks to their guns and bans ALL HL content, they'll weather the storm pretty well.  There will be some awkward stuff here and there like sales threads and end of year accolades, but nothing that will cause a full forum meltdown.  I'm skeptical of people being able to keep their mouths shut, but we'll see.

This weird culture war is more being fought on Twitter, Reddit and Twitch.  People playing the game are getting harassed like crazy like Girlfriend Reviews.  I don't really see the anti-JKR side winning this, especially when you got a literal streamer tracker site used to name and shame people daring to stream the funny wizard game.  It's going to culminate in someone having an actual public mental breakdown and Rowling will ironically come out looking morally superior.
It's just going to take one prominent member copping a ban and all hell will break loose
Spud

« Reply #39971 on: February 07, 2023, 03:38:08 AM »
so i read this by nep nut
OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
We're locking this thread one more time for another cooldown period overnight.

To reiterate once more, discussion of Hogwarts Legacy is fully banned on ResetEra, regardless of whether or not you bought it, and regardless of how you feel about about the property in question. This decision was made to A.) provide a safe space to the trans community so as not to deal with trolling and harassment over a video game based upon an IP created by a bigot, and B.) to rebuke said bigot's continuous spearheading of transphobic oppression in real life. Skirting around this rule by posting reviews, thinkpieces, and reactions about the game, even when done in good faith, is non-negotiable.

When this topic is reopened, any and every member will be subjected to an immediate month's-long ban on sight for any mention of the game. No exceptions.

And I really have to ask. What will happen if the game is discussed. Will the trans member start committing suicide enmasse ? are they so fragile that a name mention will trigger them into depression? maybe this is the mental illness aspect they are ignoring by enabling them and not treating them?

the fucking jews were gassed and lit on fire by the Nazi did they start to commit suicide at the name of the word nazism or hitler? The Uyghurs are harassed and brainwashed everyday do they say dont talk take china's name with us? The cambodians were beheaded and there were walls of human skulls for miles by his men and do the cambodians line up and kill themselves when someone mentions pol pot?

and these were people who dealt with evil people

what has JKR done? said biological women should not be lumped in with trans women in order to erase their sole womanhood amongst the female group?

thats it? she had an opinion on what consitute a woman and that is considered a genocide? no i think that shows mental illness is so rampant that these words which SHOULD HAVE NO FUCKING BEARING ON YOUR LIFE AS AN INDIVIDUAL is making you twitch like a nut.

rant over

« Reply #39972 on: February 07, 2023, 03:44:57 AM »
Quote from: Nepenthe
We're locking this thread one more time for another cooldown period overnight.

To reiterate once more, discussion of Hogwarts Legacy is fully banned on ResetEra, regardless of whether or not you bought it, and regardless of how you feel about about the property in question. This decision was made to A.) provide a safe space to the trans community so as not to deal with trolling and harassment over a video game based upon an IP created by a bigot, and B.) to rebuke said bigot's continuous spearheading of transphobic oppression in real life. Skirting around this rule by posting reviews, thinkpieces, and reactions about the game, even when done in good faith, is non-negotiable.

When this topic is reopened, any and every member will be subjected to an immediate month's-long ban on sight for any mention of the game. No exceptions.

Love how guys like Laughing Banana are the sacrificial lambs while the rest gets a million chances  :doge

Laughing Banana is a muslim. He was the obvious hit . Trans era HATESSSS muslims. Look at era's thread on Turkey's earthquake today which has killed 10s of thousands apparently. only 200 or so replies all day

Polident Hive

« Reply #39973 on: February 07, 2023, 03:58:05 AM »
Really, nobody posted a sexy satan image on page 666? even a photo of Joanne would’ve sufficed.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #39974 on: February 07, 2023, 04:41:18 AM »

Nep Nep and the rest of those power tripping morons literally saved Gaf.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #39975 on: February 07, 2023, 04:50:42 AM »
Girlfriend Reviews getting harassed for streaming it until she takes a break in tears:

https://www.twitch.tv/girlfriendreviews/clip/AffluentDepressedToadEagleEye-UC7QxsWVuGHtlvh-

If you watch the full video in context, he starts complaining about “alt-left gamers” and how Harvey Weinstein produced the LOTR movies so you better not watch them. Definitely cancelled now.
Talk shit, get hit:
https://twitter.com/ScottyLove/status/1622682491227373569
Michael Parks
@Cuthpaste
Referring to people that support trans rights as "alt left" was certainly a telling choice.

VoodooLilium🏳️‍🌈🧠
@jesuiscatte
oh fuck did they really??? I really hope I'm misreading that but...

Scotty Loves Things
@ScottyLove
Nope. He went on about being attacked by the “alt-left”. He even brought up Roman Polanski and Harvey Weinstein to support his position. It wasn’t good.

VoodooLilium🏳️‍🌈🧠
@jesuiscatte
oof. That's disheartening.

Scotty Loves Things
@ScottyLove
They also went subscriber-only chat and had their mods deleting any critical chats so that they can just enjoy supporting JK TERF in an echo chamber.

VoodooLilium🏳️‍🌈🧠
@jesuiscatte
yeah I popped in very briefly when I saw that they were streaming it, and saw that it was sub only, and I didn't see any critical messages or supportive messages about being trans or anything of the sort, which felt pretty suss. Very disappointed.
Sajan 🦝 Sketches ✊🏾 BLM ACAB ✊🏾
@Sajie87
you could be playing any other game that doesn’t hurt trans people while raising money for the trevor project. But you chose to still give this game free publicity. You are still part of the problem.
Brianna Wu
@BriannaWu
You’re promoting it. Asking other people to donate to something tangentially related to trans people does not erase the fact you are promoting it.
Rhaego Targy
@RhaegoTargy
Disappointed you are choosing to market this game. You can say, “it’s our job”, but your job has the privilege of choice. You can choose what to cover and what not to cover. You have that power. Glad that you’re platforming JK’s transphobia that continues to harm trans people.

Glad to see you’re just a lib that only cares about the asthetics. A true ally.
Harokid Ver. Girl
@KamillePanti
no matter how badly you convince yourself otherwise, this does not solve the problem and does not turn doing a bad thing into doing a good thing
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yatalock
@_Kanellos
I feel like y'all are missing the point? You're walking endorsements for the games you play. People unfamiliar or ambivalent to the politics behind the game can be persuaded into buying it based on you streaming it. You can raise money for the Trevor Project without helping TERFs
valerie 🤍 totorobabe (she/her)
@totorobabelive
with the amount of information out there about how terrible jk rowling is and how dangerous she has been towards the trans community, when you chose to play this game you are agreeing with her views. donating your money doesn’t help when you are giving jk more exposure. bye.
Ziggy
@shewillsmash
Damn unflollowing, also don't claim to be allies cause you're clearly not.
Ollie
@chamberlago
That you are aware of the issues around this but are choosing to do it anyway does not make it better. You raise money for the Trevor Project without playing this game. Big "arsonist turning up with a cup of water" energy
christopher duggan
@christophos97
No one is asking you to donate as it isn’t about the money. It is about taking a stand against a hateful ideology and the world most famous and vocal terf.
fordadbod
@fordadbod
Oh wow. Allies ya aren't. Got it.
🇺🇦 The Hat Wolf 🇺🇦
@The_Hat_Wolf
Dissapointed in you. You should have known better, but allyship, as usual, goes only so far until heteros are slightly inconvenienced or need to show some actual spine. I won't be coming back to yout streams or youtube.
@migue.lyto.b — he/him
@miguelytob
i still don't think this is enough. you doing these streams is advertising for a game that supports that horrible woman. in the end this gives it more attention. you should just bit engage with it. disappointed of you two Matt and Shelby
Tired Jaye
@ughaGHOST
consensus seems to be that your viewers would really rather you didn't give this game any attention and if you ignore that and do it anyway thats your business but just don't pretend to care or be an ally when people are literally telling you your actions are harmful
Ellie Harleen Isley 🏳️‍⚧️🦖
@Neonecrosis2
I love y'alls  content, but maybe don't give air time to a transphobe and her world while there is a genocide against us

She uses her money to further that genocide
The Abominable Dr. Vibes
@smtV_XB2
I can't imagine having the mindset of prioritizing YA fantasy books over trans people in 2023
Weaselicious
@ib_dirk
Added to boycott list.

You could raise money by playing anything. Don't gaslight us.
Joshua David (Auteur)
@bludhavenkid
Damn…… y’all are breaking my heart. Others have grown up with the game and invested hundreds if not thousands of dollars on Harry Potter events and merch and after everything we are still choosing not to pick up this game. But y’all are doing it for views……💔
Rando Mando VII
@MandoVii
You deserve to lose all of the followers that you're gonna lose for this. Myself included.

Based on many of the replies they will apparently no longer have any subscribers in a few hours for prioritizing money over marginalized lives.
[close]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 06:31:48 AM by benjipwns »

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #39976 on: February 07, 2023, 05:04:43 AM »
Well, this is certainly making me like trans people and not making me consider them mentally ill individuals at all.

Have they started marking people yet? A star is a cool magical sign. Put one with Terf in the middle on people.

benjipwns

« Reply #39977 on: February 07, 2023, 05:21:02 AM »
 :success

https://twitter.com/QuestionMarc4/status/1622822387304771584
Deirdre 🎁B-Day in 1
@DoomerDD

girlfriend reviews really should of known the backlash that was going come from playing it when most progressive people have been talking nonstop how antisemitic and bad the game is.

i dont like the situation but it just shouldnt of happened in the first place.

this goes without saying that harassing them doesn't do good but what else are people supposed to do at this point?
BLACK YEENA
@DrunkenHyena_
I just realised this is Girlfriend Reviews, WHO GOT MASSIVELY WARNED AND SPOKEN TO ON SOCIAL MEDIA BY FANS TO NOT PLAY FOR ALL PREVIOUS MENTIONED REASONS AND THEN DECIDEDS DONATING TO CHARITY WAS GOING TO HELP THANKS FOR STICHING THE STAB WOUND I GUESS

Vachey
@thewaxwire
...wowwwww I didnt watch the clip bc hearing anyone crying fucks me up but what a shitty move from their part :/

BLACK YEENA
@DrunkenHyena_
It's real shitty, they could of just played literally anything else or just play it and own it instead of charity on top of shit actions... I really can't feel sympathy

I'm sorry that some people are just now learning a thing they like is harmful, but that's part of being a responsible adult: Knowing the consequences of your actions. It's pretty selfish to just go ahead and do it anyway.
PuRpLePuDdLeNuT.mp3
@Purplepuddlenut
Y'all in my mentions/QTs defending Girlfriend Reviews for being shitty allies are WILD.
Lonely Bagel
@LonelyBagel2
Why did the girlfriend reviews people have to stream the Harry Potter game
Marcus Moore
@QuestionMarc4
Ignoring "politics" is a privilege we can't all afford. I'm sorry that some people are just now learning a thing they like is harmful, but that's part of being a responsible adult: Knowing the consequences of your actions. It's pretty selfish to just go ahead and do it anyway.
Marcus Moore
@QuestionMarc4
When a minority community tells you that what you are doing hurts them, that isn't a time to make up excuses and do it anyway. And anyone who does should be rightfully ashamed.
Marcus Moore
@QuestionMarc4
Donating to the Trevor Foundation is an excuse to hopefully let them get away with streaming the game they know benefits the transphobic movement.
Stabbing someone in the back and paying for the medical bills doesn't make it okay when they could just not stab them in the back.
Tim/Better
@BetterThanToday
real disappointed. I loved Girlfriend Reviews, have done for ages, and whether they paid for the game or not, it’s a real shitty move

The themes in the game are antisemitic, there’s transphobic representation, and the promotion for the game is the opposite of allyship. Bad move.

Allies: listen to the LGBTQ+ fans and peers. Don’t play Hogwarts Legacy. Don’t promote it.

You’re raising money for the Trevor Project? Great. I’ve done the same. I’ve done it without also promoting this bigoted BS.

all due respect as content creators, truly. Please don’t promote this game.
Tim/Better
@BetterThanToday
people in replies keep sending me the clip of Shelby crying (on Twitch, and I wasn’t even there) - I’m sorry, I really am, but I’m not giving them abuse, I’m calling out performative allyship. It’s a discussion, not an assault.
Gneisha ✨
@_Gneisha
fwiw I don't condone anyone bullying anyone else over playing the TERF game. But if you're playing it or defending it or trying to reason why it's not bad actually, you're getting a heavy dose of side-eye from me. You're signaling to marginalized people that you can't be trusted.

I like Girlfriend Reviews, I think they make good content and I think they're good people. I understand this is basically their job to play and review games. I think it's shit that people have been awful to them.

But man, y'all could have picked a different battle.
kas
@2kas2furious
people already talking about "poor Girlfriend Reviews got criticized for streaming the harry potter game" I can't wait to see how boyfriend doubles down
Bryy Miller
@Bryy_Miller
You know how I know this is just a clickbait article to stir up transphobia? Because the literal name of the stream is GIRLFRIEND REVIEWS. She is the co-streamer, not an object.
[close]
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 06:36:56 AM by benjipwns »

NekoFever

« Reply #39978 on: February 07, 2023, 05:32:56 AM »
I warned you, baby. Why you make me hit you?

benjipwns

« Reply #39979 on: February 07, 2023, 05:39:45 AM »
This dude is fucking wild:
https://twitter.com/QuestionMarc4/status/1622829146194972672
Princess Sparkle Krogan
@NiftuCal
Sorry, transgender people aren't the emperors of the universe. They don't get to dictate the actions of random strangers and YOU should be ashamed of insinuating otherwise.

Marcus Moore
@QuestionMarc4
No they aren't, they are just asking you to give a shit and clearly a lot of you people can't be bothered. No wonder they are mad.
yoyo
@yoyokeis
wait ppl are actually serious about not wanting anyone to buy the game?

Marcus Moore
@QuestionMarc4
Of course. Because some of us genuinely care about trans rights.
Seńor Chooch
@CalamariSteven
Of course I do, but playing Harry Potter doesn't mean that you don't support trans people.

Marcus Moore
@QuestionMarc4
It absolutely does.

Remember, if you're ever unsure if you're hurting a minority group, your best bet is to actually ask the people in that community. 90% of the LGBTQ+ community will tell you that you should boycott this game, and that should be all the convincing you need.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 06:38:20 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #39981 on: February 07, 2023, 05:46:41 AM »
Really, nobody posted a sexy satan image on page 666? even a photo of Joanne would’ve sufficed.
Ok, I've corrected that
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #39982 on: February 07, 2023, 05:54:23 AM »
So they just prove the stereotype of being misogynists hidden in a dress.

Cool, cool…

benjipwns

« Reply #39983 on: February 07, 2023, 05:55:50 AM »
Look, I told them what would happen if I didn't get $400K in unmarked non-sequential bills by the deadline but they had to go and be selfish and ignore basic human decency. And yet I'm the one getting blamed here? What else was I supposed to do at this point?

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #39984 on: February 07, 2023, 06:17:03 AM »
Benji, you know I love you pal, but the never ending Twitter embeds slows the page down to a crawl. Please do better consider that for next time.

It’s also making me not like posts because it makes reading through everything take an eternity.

Feeling incredibly unsafe rn  :-\
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #39985 on: February 07, 2023, 06:22:29 AM »
The spoilers do seem to not be working like they used to, Elon's done something. I will edit.

PogiJones

« Reply #39986 on: February 07, 2023, 06:22:48 AM »
I mean, cry-to-win is a stupid concept, no matter which side is doing it. These people aren't dickhead harassers because she cried, they're dickhead harassers because they were acting like dickheads. The fact that she cried is a sad result knowing that they were, in fact, harassing her, but all the "Look, she cried so you're in the wrong" comments on Twitter are just feeding into the same victimhood mentality that has caused this whole mess.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #39987 on: February 07, 2023, 06:27:08 AM »
woke

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #39988 on: February 07, 2023, 06:34:07 AM »
(ice)

PogiJones

« Reply #39989 on: February 07, 2023, 06:35:31 AM »
It’s also making me not like posts because it makes reading through everything take an eternity.

The chilling effect on the like economy has been rough on my family.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #39990 on: February 07, 2023, 06:36:59 AM »

BIONIC

« Reply #39991 on: February 07, 2023, 06:38:56 AM »
Constructive thread stupidity:

Quote from: Royalan, post: 100382476, member: 41
(…uh, just don’t always expect the quickest response. Real life is kicking a lot of our asses right now. 😬)

Quote from: Mr. Snuffleupagus, post: 100762942, member: 27214
Out of curiousity, what is stopping you from signing up several of the many people who are ready, willing, and capable to help with modding duties?

It's been years now of the;
"Mods are busy, please understand"
"Then hire more mods?",
".....no."
..back-and-forth.

If there is something I'm missing then please fill me in but like....I, and many others, would like to help lighten the load.

Quote from: Jebusman, post: 100779802, member: 13379
I thought they mentioned before that little/no moderation decisions are done individually, so "hiring" more people may not necessarily make a difference if it's still being held up by waiting on input from certain mods.

Quote from: Mr. Snuffleupagus, post: 100781668, member: 27214
Even if that is the case then it’s a bottleneck that should/will eventually need to be addressed.

God forbid anything ever happened to any of the mods, however if life really got in the way for some of them, what contingencies are in place to deal with that?

Quote from: Royalan, post: 100785352, member: 41
Ehh...has it been this? Because I distinctly remember multiple instances of this being discussed, in this thread even, and its never been this.

The subject of new mods comes up (and is acted on) multiple times a year. Several new mods have been brought on within the last few months. Now, I won't say that the number of mods around at any given time has never been an issue, but that wasn't what I was speaking to here.

We're still in the Holiday/New Year period. This is a hectic time for most people. And, well, mods are people. So what often needs to be considered is not the number of mods, but the reality that we're all a bunch of people with numerous personal obligations, spread across timezones/countries, and we still prefer to handle most decisions as a collective. Modding is a collaborative effort, and the issues that arise from that aren't always solved by adding more of us to coral. That's really it.

And also -- and this isn't to single you out because I wasn't upset by your question and you were polite about it -- something to keep in mind is that a big part of the reason you don't see more mods actively participate in this thread is because we've noticed that even casual comments we make often get held up as emblematic of policy, when in reality I really meant nothing more by that line than, "Hey y'all, shit's busy rn." I think a casual back-and-forth is something a lot of people want to see in this thread, but sometimes that requires people taking what we say at face value.

It’s already February you fat fuck :dead :rofl

The rest of the post is some absolute tripe as well ::)
Margs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #39992 on: February 07, 2023, 06:43:12 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #39993 on: February 07, 2023, 06:50:20 AM »
Legitimately insane
I mean, this might make sense if Joanne named the character but Laura's argument here seems to be that because it's the same franchise everyone is required to name people in the same way Joanne allegedly did?

WB Peon: "Your highness, here are the new character names for the video game."
Joanne: "No, redo them, I can't tell by their names what minority they are. Now, get out of my sight."

Boredfrom

« Reply #39994 on: February 07, 2023, 06:50:20 AM »
They already have a ton of mods.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39995 on: February 07, 2023, 06:57:09 AM »
Big W for the Trans they are officially the most toxic and unhinged group on the internet.
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #39996 on: February 07, 2023, 07:04:57 AM »
Big W for the Trans they are officially the most toxic and unhinged group on the internet.
You're victim blaming. People are literally playing a Harry Potter video game in 2023 and you're victim blaming.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #39997 on: February 07, 2023, 07:11:30 AM »
Lol seeing Gamespot and all tweet out trans flags and charity links and shit.  :lol
🤴

Snoopycat_

« Reply #39998 on: February 07, 2023, 07:17:38 AM »
They should be Tweeting Dubs demanding he unlocks the TERF bitch thread.

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #39999 on: February 07, 2023, 07:29:56 AM »
the harry potter shit really does make you wonder how anyone can still post on ree without feeling a bit dirty. first you weren't allowed to have the wrong opinion on the subject, then you weren't allowed to reference the wrongthink even if you were a right minded citizen yourself, now you're not even allowed acknowledge that the subject even exists. it's like a mad authoritarian banana republic that constantly has to edit reality to fit its own extremist dogma. there are plenty of shut ins who've been posting on there since the great schism and have no doubt had a good chunk of their world view shaped by how it operates and see titanium handed moral inquisitions, purges and pain-of-death conversation boundaries as part of a healthy society.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #40000 on: February 07, 2023, 07:35:21 AM »
Ree last week - Fuck you Musk we're going to an alternative platform

Ree this week - Alternative platform? Nah, I'm good thanks.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/spoutible-another-twitter-alternative-launched-today.682294/

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40001 on: February 07, 2023, 07:37:46 AM »
This dude is fucking wild:
https://twitter.com/QuestionMarc4/status/1622829146194972672

this is such a christian way of acting

"oh you were bullied for being gay? try obeying god's word for once. like literally you were told from birth that this is wrong and now you're sad about suffering the consequences? smh"
Uncle

Superstar

« Reply #40002 on: February 07, 2023, 07:49:15 AM »
Does JK Rowling even know she has a video game coming out?

PogiJones

« Reply #40003 on: February 07, 2023, 07:53:30 AM »
Coming out faster than Dumbledore

:rodney
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 08:02:50 AM by PogiJones »

Klelk

« Reply #40004 on: February 07, 2023, 08:28:34 AM »
As expected a bunch of JP holos are playing the wizard game. I don't think there's much knowledge in the Japanese community about what JK has done and the franchise is huge over there, it can't be helped unfortunately.

I can't believe the Japanese are ignorant of the phobic crimes of Joanne
Also Twitter successfully bullied Pikamee into not streaming the game  :fbm

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #40005 on: February 07, 2023, 08:34:41 AM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #40006 on: February 07, 2023, 09:04:02 AM »
As expected a bunch of JP holos are playing the wizard game. I don't think there's much knowledge in the Japanese community about what JK has done and the franchise is huge over there, it can't be helped unfortunately.

I knew this was going to happen.

Quote from: Thorn
Not happy to see Pikamee had to cancel her stream for uh... Reasons.Sigh this helps no one.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/virtual-youtuber-ot2-clap-clap-next-thread.452203/page-1194#post-100861162

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #40007 on: February 07, 2023, 09:09:39 AM »
The vtuber known for warcrimes, streaming Hogwarts Legacy. Seems about right.

Edit: Just noticed the outfit in the thumbnail is Slytherin. :)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #40008 on: February 07, 2023, 09:17:39 AM »
The trans don't seem to have gotten the memo that Turkish cities have been destroyed by earthquakes so charity drives for TRANS RIGHTS really aren't it right now.  :lol
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #40009 on: February 07, 2023, 09:19:38 AM »

I knew this was going to happen.

Quote from: Thorn
Not happy to see Pikamee had to cancel her stream for uh... Reasons.Sigh this helps no one.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/virtual-youtuber-ot2-clap-clap-next-thread.452203/page-1194#post-100861162

Well now I'm curious what they did to get the stream cancelled

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #40010 on: February 07, 2023, 09:23:17 AM »
Nintendo just announced a Direct they clearly don't care about trans rights.
🤴

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #40011 on: February 07, 2023, 09:24:02 AM »
Hmmm. The JK hate thread still closed. Approaching 12 hours locked, could they go a full day?

Boredfrom

« Reply #40012 on: February 07, 2023, 09:25:39 AM »
They probably harassed her at Twitter, she is half foreigner and can speak English.

Fun fact: You know that cliche in anime where blonde foreigners characters get bullied at school because how they look? It happened to her IRL. Makes you think.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #40013 on: February 07, 2023, 09:36:25 AM »
©@©™

BIONIC

« Reply #40014 on: February 07, 2023, 09:41:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-new-nintendo-direct-has-been-announced-for-february-8th-at-22-00-utc-40-minutes-long.684136/#post-100862302

Quote from: Neoxon, post: 100862302, member: 80
LET’S GOOOOO!!!!!

NoA finally came back from Christmas break 2018 to address the racist Smash spirit battles :rejoice
Margs

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #40015 on: February 07, 2023, 09:44:04 AM »
They probably harassed her at Twitter, she is half foreigner and can speak English.

Fun fact: You know that cliche in anime where blonde foreigners characters get bullied at school because how they look? It happened to her IRL. Makes you think.

Weirdly, I didn't see many people giving Moona a hard time for playing it last night, although she did have her chat set to members-only.
©@©™

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #40016 on: February 07, 2023, 09:46:53 AM »

Weirdly, I didn't see many people giving Moona a hard time for playing it last night, although she did have her chat set to members-only.

:rollsafe

Daffy Duck

« Reply #40017 on: February 07, 2023, 09:56:28 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-new-nintendo-direct-has-been-announced-for-february-8th-at-22-00-utc-40-minutes-long.684136/#post-100862302

Quote from: Neoxon, post: 100862302, member: 80
LET’S GOOOOO!!!!!

NoA finally came back from Christmas break 2018 to address the racist Smash spirit battles :rejoice

Not even a mention in the thread title! I guess they want them dead too

Boredfrom

« Reply #40018 on: February 07, 2023, 10:02:58 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tourist-booed-punched-hit-with-stick-after-climbing-sacred-mayan-monument.684037/

Quote from: Entrement
I don't mind this type of vigilantism lol.

Why do people keep doing this? Respect the customs and laws of a place you're visiting, jerks.

:snoop

You dumb fuck, nobody there legit cares about the pyramid, they are doing because the can get away to be an asshole with some other asshole. You think most Mexicans still worship those deities?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #40019 on: February 07, 2023, 10:05:42 AM »
(however, Boredfrom was not like most Mexicans.)
Uncle