Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1827475 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Forum 4 Sale for $4.5 Million OBO
« Reply #4020 on: October 15, 2021, 01:27:52 PM »
I'm sure the joke has been made but in a way ResetERA did indeed achieve to be NeoGAF done right. By all rights Lore should have sold and made out like a bandit.
ὕβρις

« Reply #4021 on: October 15, 2021, 01:31:40 PM »
That sound you hear is nepenthe slamming the wall as he has less and less people to bully and Astro with less and less people to target .!

jorma

« Reply #4022 on: October 15, 2021, 01:31:53 PM »
It seems like instead of a mass exodus like shower-gate, the forum just keeps on splintering into smaller forums.

If Cerium was as smart as they say he is, he'd have his hands in every one of those

if he was as smart as they say he is he'd enjoy the 6+ million dollars he's managed to extract from resetera and stay as far away from that shit as possible

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #4023 on: October 15, 2021, 01:38:39 PM »
Quote from: PlanetSmasher
If MOBAnet actively fucks around with the site, I will complain, and loudly. Everyone on Era knows how loud I am when I want to be.

Speaking only for myself, I have enough actual shit going on in my life right now. I don't need to spend my time catastrophizing about what a corporation might do.

:badass

BisMarckie

« Reply #4024 on: October 15, 2021, 01:41:26 PM »
Is that part of his bit?

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #4025 on: October 15, 2021, 01:53:31 PM »
i wonder if the new regime will let ksweeley post full articles from the baltimore sun again :teehee

Lol, looks like he deleted his account to create a Baltimore splinter forum.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4026 on: October 15, 2021, 01:56:45 PM »
It seems like instead of a mass exodus like shower-gate, the forum just keeps on splintering into smaller forums.

If Cerium was as smart as they say he is, he'd have his hands in every one of those

Maybe he does!

:tinfoil :info
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4027 on: October 15, 2021, 02:06:16 PM »
Missed this from earlier:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-72#post-75278385
Quote from: Passing Assassin
Just saying. If you guys want to start hanging out in more transparent forums that are actually owned by the users, made from people who left ResetEra following many different disputes:

Mod edit: we're not here for other people to advertise their personally owned websites

Curious, because they were letting others mention the splinter forums until today.  Starting to go full-on gaf now.
:curious
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4028 on: October 15, 2021, 02:10:19 PM »
Winners
- Cerium: He took what remained of NeoGAF from Tyler and later his co-founders, contributed nothing and then sold it
- TheBore: ResetEra offshoots are spreading like wildfire leading to new drama that will at least last for decades
- Benji: Seized the moment
- Webrokr: Probably made a nice commision on the deal as well as respect in the LinkedIn hood

Losers
- ResetEra: Now literally owned by vulture capitalists
- Evilore: Takes the biggest L
- ResetEra mods: Basically slaves
- Discucks: Look like schmucks using their alts to post or showing up as a 'guest' lurker hobo
- MOBA AG: Purchased a ticking GDPR lawsuit time bomb
- Shostium: Discords can't be sold
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4029 on: October 15, 2021, 02:15:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-74#post-75286809

Quote from: AliceAmber (Administrator)
Frankly, one of the issues with the reports against the trolls in the Media Create thread was the fact that the bulk of the reports consisted of one word:

Troll

With that much information, there's very little to work on.
Additionally, the context of a history of trolling from a single post is extremely unclear, especially when the above information is all that's given. It wasn't until AFTER Chris's ban that people brought up the troll's off-site behavior. We can only work with the information we're given. We're a handful of people on a site of 50+ thousand. If you want us to do our jobs effectively, we need your help to give us actual information into what you're reporting.

I can guarantee you without a doubt that had we had that information from the get-go, that troll would have been banned a lot sooner. In fact, we're actually looking into ways we can improve the report system to help y'all provide us the information that we need to make more accurate judgements.

And yet you have no problem doing the same thing to user accounts.  Here's what I see when I try to log on:

"You have been banned for the following reason: Troll account.."

No reason was ever given.

:kermit
ど助平

marrec

« Reply #4030 on: October 15, 2021, 02:16:42 PM »

Losers

- ResetEra mods

Isn't this a bit redundant

spoiler (click to show/hide)
got em
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4031 on: October 15, 2021, 02:21:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-74#post-75286545
Quote from: Chie Satonaka91
This will be my last post on Era.

This site was built and maintained off the backs of so many people, so all financial gains belonging to one man is gross as fuck. I had no idea Cerium was making in the range of 700k a year off this, and to then sell it for 4.5 million is slimy.

Era really should have been a nonprofit with the proceeds going to worthy causes.

:foodcourt

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-74#post-75287157
Quote from: TaySan
Sorry to see you go and hope you will change your mind. :( We are losing some great members.

What are you worried about?  You're on literally every related forum- even this one:lol
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4032 on: October 15, 2021, 02:25:01 PM »
"This is my last post on ResetEra"*

*Until the next Nintendo Direct or when we need to cancel someone into suicide

Back in the good old days a board member would take their leave with a meat spin or goatse.
The Reeeee's are all a bunch of cowards.
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4033 on: October 15, 2021, 02:26:31 PM »
You're assuming Era wasn't on an organic growth path already.

:lol
Reminds me of the shit the shower goblin was spouting before he nuked the politics sub forum
Spud

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4034 on: October 15, 2021, 02:27:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-74#post-75288573
Quote from: AllBizness
I for 1 am glad corporate ownership is taking over. I hate how people who work in the industry are put on a pedestal here no matter how shitty their opinion is it's like Era's role is to pander to the industry and not the fans and it was all for a big payday.

Quote from: blame space
i don't know what any of that is supposed to mean, but i agree.

:heh
ど助平

Trojita

« Reply #4035 on: October 15, 2021, 02:30:43 PM »

Anyone with any passing of knowledge of the site knows that :lol

Your site staff fostered that behavior.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4036 on: October 15, 2021, 02:34:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-74#post-75286809

Frankly, one of the issues with the reports against the trolls in the Media Create thread was the fact that the bulk of the reports consisted of one word:

Troll

Additionally, the context of a history of trolling from a single post is extremely unclear, especially when the above information is all that's given. It wasn't until AFTER Chris's ban that people brought up the troll's off-site behavior. We can only work with the information we're given. We're a handful of people on a site of 50+ thousand. If you want us to do our jobs effectively, we need your help to give us actual information into what you're reporting.

I can guarantee you without a doubt that had we had that information from the get-go, that troll would have been banned a lot sooner. In fact, we're actually looking into ways we can improve the report system to help y'all provide us the information that we need to make more accurate judgements.

And yet you have no problem doing the same thing to user accounts.  Here's what I see when I try to log on:

UHhhhhhhhh...... wasn't the "VITAL MISSING INFORMATION!" they're slapping their own back about receiving and pointing to as being the golden future wunderkind of future moderation practices literally troll reporting by a kiwifarms dude?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4037 on: October 15, 2021, 02:35:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-75#post-75292032
Quote from: Shogun
Wow, what a complete shit show this place really was. I remember when the GAF exodus happened and this place was supposed to be basically by the community for the community. Many people have contributed to this place over the years, some a lot more than others so to see the reality that one guy owned it all for profit is pretty fucking sickening.

We've allowed collectively this place to become an ever so slightly better place than GAF all whilst happily wearing the mask of a progressive community that is welcome to all. Collectively we've chased away communities from here, collectively we've chased away some amazing members and collectively we've once again allowed certain mods to treat themselves like minor celebrities.

To think this place was started to be better, to raise standards...it's all a bit Emperors new fucking clothes. $4.5m off the back off everyone else's work, yikes. Pay your mods.

These posts are like a broken record now.  It costs money to run and maintain a forum that large.  Cerium didn't charge anyone for access or to post on there- That Era Clear shit was entirely optional.  Being a moderator just means you're a forum poster with elevated privileges- it's not a job.  If it's so difficult and stressful and all that shit, JUST FUCKING STOP DOING IT.  Era could also try not banning everyone for every little fucking thing.
:dizzy
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4038 on: October 15, 2021, 02:36:33 PM »
Era mods: "we can't be transparent about our moderation because of evil kiwifarms"
Also era mods: "Thanks to kiwifarms for doing due diligence on securing that ban! Keep up the good work!"

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #4039 on: October 15, 2021, 02:36:45 PM »
- Shostium: Discords can't be sold

Yup, both discord and reddit have that issue.

No matter how much work you put into it, you have zero ownership. It can be nuked or taken over at any given moment.
:O

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #4040 on: October 15, 2021, 02:44:31 PM »
i think bork is breaking

slayven sort this

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4041 on: October 15, 2021, 02:45:45 PM »
ResetEra talking about how reporting on one another soured the community is exactly what happened during the NATO occupation of Afghanistan.  :lucas
🤴

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4042 on: October 15, 2021, 02:49:20 PM »

Troll

Also, are they just basically saying they want other users to do their work for them? I mean the report systems is for

you know what i don't care

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4043 on: October 15, 2021, 02:49:47 PM »
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #4044 on: October 15, 2021, 03:00:43 PM »
Batman is not a cop because he doesn't get paid, but he will accept tips from the Bertinelli family to leave them alone, and after paying off his car loan will donate the rest to his Brazilian buddies because he has a creepy obsession with Lucio from overwatch

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4045 on: October 15, 2021, 03:04:40 PM »
Every single living wage thread...
Every single worker's rights thread...
Every single evil wealthy person thread...

All of the posts were literally feeding the wealth of one individual who paid his employees less than sweatshop wages. I'm not sure I'm prepared to handle this level of irony.
What makes anyone think so-called "progressive" businesses are any different IRL?
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

james

« Reply #4047 on: October 15, 2021, 03:11:19 PM »
This is exactly why I dont pay for Netflix and use my ex-gfs account

Trojita

« Reply #4048 on: October 15, 2021, 03:14:18 PM »
In other news

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1449082929808920587

The employee was terminated on suspicion of leaking metrics to the press related to the Dave Chappelle special. Those metrics — about how much Netflix paid for The Closer and how many people it reached — subsequently ended up in a report on Bloomberg. While the employee had shared the metrics internally, they spoke out against the leaks to colleagues, worried they might hurt the walkout movement.

The leaking of internal data is highly unusual at Netflix. While the company prides itself on transparency, employees are told that the culture can only thrive when Netflix data remains internal.

That will 100% get you fired from Netflix.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4049 on: October 15, 2021, 03:19:05 PM »
Who the fuck is afraid of those larping twerps over at KiwiFarms?

"the reactions to things I said online made me fear for my family"

remind me, when is it canceling and when is it consequences
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4050 on: October 15, 2021, 03:19:22 PM »
That Verge tweet buries the lede something fierce
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4051 on: October 15, 2021, 03:22:31 PM »

marrec

« Reply #4052 on: October 15, 2021, 03:23:22 PM »
It's a smart plan.

1) Take a social stand against some policy or action by your employer
2) Do some firable offense
3) Get fired
4) Use your firing to further embolden activism since you can make it look like you were fired for being an activist

james

« Reply #4053 on: October 15, 2021, 03:24:43 PM »
It's a smart plan.

3) Get fired
4) Use your firing to further embolden activism since you can make it look like you were fired for being an activist

It's a smart plan.

1) See that your employees are taking a social stand against some policy or action
2) Make up a reason to fire them
3) Fire them
4) Use your vast army of PR people to spread word about the infraction you made up

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #4054 on: October 15, 2021, 03:25:53 PM »
How do they know the person discussing the metrics internally (which is allowed it seems) was the one who leaked it to Bloomberg?  Could have been someone they discussed it with or anyone who has access to that info.  Seems like a hit to me :trumps

ShutUp

« Reply #4055 on: October 15, 2021, 03:26:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-69#post-75265638
Quote from: rrost
You guys are awfully trustful of corporations these days. Didn't recognise if I was in the same forum.

"Now if you'll excuse me, after making this post on the ResetEra, LLC™ forum, I'm off to play Marvel's® Avengers™, from Square Enix®, on my Sony® Playstation 5™, while watching Disney® Plus™ on my Apple TV™®.

Exactly. Makes all these “fuck corporations” posts so damn hollow. They are literally ranting about this shit on a video game forum. Where do they think the money comes from to even make these games or Marvel movies they love so much?

marrec

« Reply #4056 on: October 15, 2021, 03:28:36 PM »
It's a smart plan.

3) Get fired

It's a smart plan.

1) See that your employees are taking a social stand against some policy or action
3) Fire them
4) Use your vast army of PR people to spread word about the infraction you made up

If I were in PR I would simply advise Netflix NOT fire Trans Employees until all this blows over. Like, this isn't exactly a hard decision from a press standpoint. Let the person do the walkout, encourage your employees to participate because you love Trans people, make Ted stfu about Dave, and 6 months from now quietly let Trans Walkout Organizer go for procedural bullshit.

ShutUp

« Reply #4057 on: October 15, 2021, 03:30:23 PM »
Quote from: PlanetSmasher
Specific mods already get enough harassment as it is. Why would you want them to get even more? Mod decisions aren't done by one person, so having a "this user was banned by X" message wouldn't increase transparency, it would just put further targets on mods' backs for being the person unlucky enough to have their name on the ban-line when someone gets banned that a Discord doesn't agree with.
To quote some prominent members:
Quote from: The Adder
It's not harassment, it's her fucking job.
Quote from: Mercury Fred
Why are you calling being held accountable "harassment"?
Quote from: RustyNails
Why do you call this harassment?

Don’t want to be a “target” then don’t be a fucking cunt of a mod. Seems pretty easy.

Trojita

« Reply #4058 on: October 15, 2021, 03:30:42 PM »
How do they know the person discussing the metrics internally (which is allowed it seems) was the one who leaked it to Bloomberg?  Could have been someone they discussed it with or anyone who has access to that info.  Seems like a hit to me :trumps

I'm sure not everyone at Netflix has access to the metrics data. If you share data internally to people that haven't been given official access, and then those people leak the data outside, there's still a good chance you will face disciplinary actions.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #4059 on: October 15, 2021, 03:31:23 PM »
I'm hearing that the CEO of netflix sent out an internal email with the 'you will never be a woman' copypasta to all employees before firing the trans leaker, someone let resetera know :doge
(ice)

marrec

« Reply #4060 on: October 15, 2021, 03:31:47 PM »

I'm sure not everyone at Netflix has access to the metrics data. If you share data internally to people that haven't been given official access, and then those people leak the data outside, there's still a good chance you will face disciplinary actions.

If I share classified items with employees who don't have access I'd absolutely face termination (and probably jail time), Netflix probably has similar levels of data access.

ShutUp

« Reply #4061 on: October 15, 2021, 03:32:21 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:lol :lol :lol

Blaming the users who were shit talked on the Discord’s for…exposing the mods. Incredible  :lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4062 on: October 15, 2021, 03:32:27 PM »
It's a smart plan.

3) Get fired

It's a smart plan.

3) Fire them

If I were in PR I would simply advise Netflix NOT fire Trans Employees until all this blows over.

they seem to be planning to continuously fire trans employees until it blows over
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #4063 on: October 15, 2021, 03:35:44 PM »
It's a smart plan.

3) Get fired

It's a smart plan.

3) Fire them

If I were in PR I would simply advise Netflix NOT fire Trans Employees until all this blows over.

they seem to be planning to continuously fire trans employees until it blows over

I guess that's one way to manage the situation. It proves you treat Trans people the same way you treat everyone else, like total shit.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4064 on: October 15, 2021, 03:35:57 PM »
Next year they'll just put up double the rainbow flags and Twitter avatars :success

Disclaimer: I just started watching The Sum of all Fears on Netflix
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4066 on: October 15, 2021, 03:39:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-69#post-75265638
Quote from: rrost
You guys are awfully trustful of corporations these days. Didn't recognise if I was in the same forum.

"Now if you'll excuse me, after making this post on the ResetEra, LLC™ forum, I'm off to play Marvel's® Avengers™, from Square Enix®, on my Sony® Playstation 5™, while watching Disney® Plus™ on my Apple TV™®.

Exactly. Makes all these “fuck corporations” posts so damn hollow. They are literally ranting about this shit on a video game forum. Where do they think the money comes from to even make these games or Marvel movies they love so much?

Message board sales
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4067 on: October 15, 2021, 03:40:14 PM »
"were did you get that info"

"my friend at netflix who is totally not staging a walk out"

james

« Reply #4068 on: October 15, 2021, 03:49:37 PM »
It's a smart plan.

3) Get fired

It's a smart plan.

3) Fire them

If I were in PR I would simply advise Netflix NOT fire Trans Employees until all this blows over. Like, this isn't exactly a hard decision from a press standpoint. Let the person do the walkout, encourage your employees to participate because you love Trans people, make Ted stfu about Dave, and 6 months from now quietly let Trans Walkout Organizer go for procedural bullshit.

Thats why youre not one of the top people at a major corp.

Whats next, you would tell Sears to lean into online sales?

james

« Reply #4069 on: October 15, 2021, 03:50:16 PM »
Twist: The data was obtained by hacking the HTML source code

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #4070 on: October 15, 2021, 03:59:25 PM »
In other news

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1449082929808920587

The employee was terminated on suspicion of leaking metrics to the press related to the Dave Chappelle special. Those metrics — about how much Netflix paid for The Closer and how many people it reached — subsequently ended up in a report on Bloomberg. While the employee had shared the metrics internally, they spoke out against the leaks to colleagues, worried they might hurt the walkout movement.

The leaking of internal data is highly unusual at Netflix. While the company prides itself on transparency, employees are told that the culture can only thrive when Netflix data remains internal.

That will 100% get you fired from Netflix.

So either she leaked that shit herself or one of her buddies fucked her over by leaking it. Either way, dumbasses who think rules don't apply to them

marrec

« Reply #4071 on: October 15, 2021, 04:00:27 PM »
I would unsubscribe over this if I was actually paying for it currently. Makes me glad I'm family sharing now honestly and not personally giving this transphobic company a dime.

Way to take a stand

Snoopycat_

« Reply #4072 on: October 15, 2021, 04:00:29 PM »
So effectively:
Guy takes advantage of exodus from other site, ropes people into coming here with the help of others
Those others get no stake in ownership
Gets people to work for him for free (for years)
Charges people to help "keep the lights on" for a "community" forum
Makes up to $500k/yr after costs
Sells for $4.5 million to ownership group that allows transphobia on their other sites
Sounds like the ultimate grift, I have to congratulate him for pulling it off. Especially convincing everyone that it was a community forum that constantly needed help staying afloat.

I can say for certain that I won't be as active here anymore after this. I have other sites I frequent that scratch the same itch (dayonepatch.com) for current events and gaming. And reddit will help with other general topics.

Why are they acting like they were all somehow conned by Cerium? Nobody forced them to join Ree and whine post for 4 years?

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #4073 on: October 15, 2021, 04:06:27 PM »
So effectively:
Guy takes advantage of exodus from other site, ropes people into coming here with the help of others
Sells for $4.5 million to ownership group that allows transphobia on their other sites
Sounds like the ultimate grift, I have to congratulate him for pulling it off. Especially convincing everyone that it was a community forum that constantly needed help staying afloat.

I can say for certain that I won't be as active here anymore after this. I have other sites I frequent that scratch the same itch (dayonepatch.com) for current events and gaming. And reddit will help with other general topics.

Why are they acting like they were all somehow conned by Cerium? Nobody forced them to join Ree and whine post for 4 years?

Also, there were others that had ownership stakes, but they gave them up early on, as they had industry connections and didn't want to be associated with the dumpster fire Ree quickly became.  The mods are volunteers and are free to "quit" at any time - no one's forcing them to be there.  And (at least to my knowledge) there was never any e-begging to pay the site's bills.

These people are so desperate to be victims that they're just pulling shit out of their asses.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4074 on: October 15, 2021, 04:12:17 PM »
These people are so desperate to be victims that they're just pulling shit out of their asses.

Yup-

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-75#post-75295566
Quote from: CitizenVectron
Reddit is basically 500x resetera, with some subs that are larger than resetera as a whole. Of course there will be bad crap on it. But each sub is run by its own group, so there are fantastic ones out there. And my concern isn't just about transphobia, it's about everyone here being taken advantage of without their knowledge so a single person could run off with millions of dollars. Cerium should go down in internet history as a POS for what he did.

:gamergate
ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4075 on: October 15, 2021, 04:12:35 PM »
So effectively:

Also, there were others that had ownership stakes, but they gave them up early on, as they had industry connections and didn't want to be associated with the dumpster fire Ree quickly became.  The mods are volunteers and are free to "quit" at any time - no one's forcing them to be there.  And (at least to my knowledge) there was never any e-begging to pay the site's bills.

A bunch of the "staff" telegraphed that clear era was about keeping the site running financially, of their own volition apparently. which is just....uh

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4076 on: October 15, 2021, 04:16:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-75#post-75297084

Quote from: Morrigan
Quote from: Raijinto
It would have been nice if the mod who resigned practiced some of that empathy as well instead of calling users of a site they moderate "c*nts," "manbabies" and expressing a desire to ban at least one of them. And you also forgot to mention the only reason why the Discord servers were brought up was because one very popular user was perma banned for an off-site comment that was much more tame than what was being posted in these Discords by the staff showcasing a clear double-standard compared to staff members who were not reprimanded.

A lot of people who made MC what it was here were lovely and it's doing them a diservice to act like it was all a targetted harasment campaign from the begining. They just wanted to discuss Japanese games sales which they had been doing for years before the moderation involvement.

Oh boy here we go again huh. The people I called people cunts and manbabies were specifically the assholes who were constantly harassing and insulting cvxfreak and demanding that he resign etc. (this was made clear in the comment I was replying to, by the way). This means I "don't have empathy" now? LOL, spare me the pearl-clutching. No, I have empathy towards people like cvxfreak who didn't deserve any of this insane amount of vitriol, but yeah I guess I don't have much empathy towards toxic manchildren who harass my friends over petty nonsense like a 1-day ban. Funny that.

Quote from: ThisIsBlitz21
CVX freak and Morrigan looked down on the community with absolute contempt. Nobody else drove away that community than the shitty moderation.

Looking at the screenshots, you're telling me they were great mods when they were specifically targeting people in the thread (namely Chris) and then rallying people in their discord to defend them? It's simply laughable.

See this is more false narratives. I never was involved with that community. I never stepped foot in those threads. I was literally Idontthinkaboutyouatall.gif about them. All I did was, in a semi-private Discord, say not-so-nice-things about people who were harassing and insulting cvxfreak over and over when that stuff going down. I also didn't "rally" anyone, I just reassured people who wanted to go in there to support cvxfreak that doing so wasn't bannable (because, well, it wasn't), as they were afraid of doing that and getting dogpiled.

As for mods "driving them away", that's also laughable, as they had already decided to leave by then (over the 1-day ban), long before things escalated with the screenshots.

In other words: you don't know what you're talking about, you're just parroting the same tired persecution complex nonsense that constantly circulates unchallenged in these Discord echo chambers where people whip each other into a frenzy over any slight, whether real or imaginary. Don't worry though, you're far from the first (nor the last) to do that. It is what it is.

:popcorn
ど助平

Trojita

« Reply #4077 on: October 15, 2021, 04:21:05 PM »

I see where the confusion is coming from.

Community is the name of Cerium's wallet.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4078 on: October 15, 2021, 04:21:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-76#post-75297786
Quote from: Lamptramp
Like, how are you so utterly lacking in self-awareness? Some of your first posts in this very thread were peddling insane conspiracy theories about staff and their policy decisions, implying the reason they chose to not ban ActiBlizz threads was because of the upcoming buyout (completely false, obviously). You also said the site didn't take "any kind of stance" which is also flat out untrue. All of those things are incredibly insulting to staff members, particularly the mods who worked hard on handling those topics. But you are so lacking in self-awareness that you cannot even see how your own toxic shitposts are routinely part of the problem yourself. Not the first time this happens either.

Like who the shit are you? have I ever interacted with you? how many posts have I made on my mission to cover this forum in "toxic shitposts" only in here and the Cyberpunk thread to my mind which cover issues I feel strongly about for some fucking reason.

you do not fucking know me you clown and you do not know the stresses and fears I have had being exposed to the shitheels from KiwiFarms for daring to stand up during the cyberpunk debacle, and how much I have stood up for ERA among the splinter groups that formed after that period.

Yes, I am angry, yes I am scared, yes I am upset, and yes my words may be hyperbolic, but when I gets mods replying to DM's during the Blizzard shit saying essentially "we plan to do nothing" and we not 6 months later are sold to an owner with ties to Blizzard forums which allow fucking bigotry and transphobia and homophobia the YOU CAN BE DAMN SURE I WILL SHOUT ABOUT IT.

ど助平

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #4079 on: October 15, 2021, 04:24:50 PM »
It baffles me how Morrigan is apparently incapable of having a pleasant interaction with anyone, ever.  I don't think I've ever seen a post where she isn't bitching at someone about something.