Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1827643 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Forum 4 Sale for $4.5 Million OBO
« Reply #4080 on: October 15, 2021, 04:25:39 PM »
I hope they can shout louder than *Planetsmasher*

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #4081 on: October 15, 2021, 04:34:22 PM »
It baffles me how Morrigan is apparently incapable of having a pleasant interaction with anyone, ever.  I don't think I've ever seen a post where she isn't bitching at someone about something.

Wait a sec... Morrigan and Queen Vulpix are treasures here and over discord. They are fine people.Morrigan sometimes can be "harsh" but is in good faith.
You see, she's being an asshole in good faith.

Edit: Blame space is really blooming in all of this

how can you tell if you are harsh in good faith or not

« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 04:39:21 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4082 on: October 15, 2021, 04:41:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-75#post-75297084

Quote from: Morrigan
Quote from: Raijinto
It would have been nice if the mod who resigned practiced some of that empathy as well instead of calling users of a site they moderate "c*nts," "manbabies" and expressing a desire to ban at least one of them. And you also forgot to mention the only reason why the Discord servers were brought up was because one very popular user was perma banned for an off-site comment that was much more tame than what was being posted in these Discords by the staff showcasing a clear double-standard compared to staff members who were not reprimanded.

A lot of people who made MC what it was here were lovely and it's doing them a diservice to act like it was all a targetted harasment campaign from the begining. They just wanted to discuss Japanese games sales which they had been doing for years before the moderation involvement.

Oh boy here we go again huh. The people I called people cunts and manbabies were specifically the assholes who were constantly harassing and insulting cvxfreak and demanding that he resign etc. (this was made clear in the comment I was replying to, by the way). This means I "don't have empathy" now? LOL, spare me the pearl-clutching. No, I have empathy towards people like cvxfreak who didn't deserve any of this insane amount of vitriol, but yeah I guess I don't have much empathy towards toxic manchildren who harass my friends over petty nonsense like a 1-day ban. Funny that.

Quote from: Morrigan
Quote from: ThisIsBlitz21
CVX freak and Morrigan looked down on the community with absolute contempt. Nobody else drove away that community than the shitty moderation.

Looking at the screenshots, you're telling me they were great mods when they were specifically targeting people in the thread (namely Chris) and then rallying people in their discord to defend them? It's simply laughable.

See this is more false narratives. I never was involved with that community. I never stepped foot in those threads. I was literally Idontthinkaboutyouatall.gif about them. All I did was, in a semi-private Discord, say not-so-nice-things about people who were harassing and insulting cvxfreak over and over when that stuff going down. I also didn't "rally" anyone, I just reassured people who wanted to go in there to support cvxfreak that doing so wasn't bannable (because, well, it wasn't), as they were afraid of doing that and getting dogpiled.

As for mods "driving them away", that's also laughable, as they had already decided to leave by then (over the 1-day ban), long before things escalated with the screenshots.

In other words: you don't know what you're talking about, you're just parroting the same tired persecution complex nonsense that constantly circulates unchallenged in these Discord echo chambers where people whip each other into a frenzy over any slight, whether real or imaginary. Don't worry though, you're far from the first (nor the last) to do that. It is what it is.

:popcorn
What a cunt.
Spud

Kurt Russell

« Reply #4083 on: October 15, 2021, 04:43:57 PM »

If I share classified items with employees who don't have access I'd absolutely face termination (and probably jail time), Netflix probably has similar levels of data access.

Wow, Doordash really take the privacy of customer orders seriously huh?
woke

Shuri

« Reply #4084 on: October 15, 2021, 04:47:42 PM »
That Morrigan person is really angry at the world, damn  :doge

marrec

« Reply #4085 on: October 15, 2021, 04:51:09 PM »

If I share classified items with employees who don't have access I'd absolutely face termination (and probably jail time), Netflix probably has similar levels of data access.

Wow, Doordash really take the privacy of customer orders seriously huh?

We know everything about you Kurt

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4086 on: October 15, 2021, 04:51:46 PM »

Spud

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor

Cheststrongwell

« Reply #4088 on: October 15, 2021, 04:54:12 PM »
Good lord, this Lamptramp person is really unhinged. Dude, just step away from the computer for a minute.

10centtacos

« Reply #4089 on: October 15, 2021, 05:02:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-76#post-75300276
Quote from: Lamptramp, post: 75300276, member: 10372
ERA made me, me. and as much as I may bitch I am terrified of losing that.

I totally sympathize here. Era also made me the trans woman I am today.

Averon

« Reply #4090 on: October 15, 2021, 05:02:14 PM »
All these morons on ERA love to screech daily how they aren't marks of immoral capitalists. How they all know the 'tricks' capitalists make to trick the working class to go against their self-interests. And yet they act surprised and claim they were blind-sided that Cerium saw ERA as a money making operation from the start. They completely bought in to the lie that ERA Clear was necessary and that ERA needed every cent and eyeball on an ad to keep the lights on.

How are they any different from the idiots on the right that buy into investing in silver and gold? Or buying books from right-wing hacks? This entire episode should make clear to them that they aren't any smarter or more savvy to grifting than the right-wing people they love to despise. They laugh and point at right-wing grifters and their "victims" on a daily basis only to be completely oblivious to the fact that they were the suckers of a "left-wing" grifter for nearly 4 years.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 05:11:51 PM by Averon »

10centtacos

« Reply #4091 on: October 15, 2021, 05:05:09 PM »

Im sure one of these days she’ll wake up and realize why no one likes her.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4092 on: October 15, 2021, 05:05:48 PM »
Good lord, this Lamptramp person is really unhinged. Dude, just step away from the computer for a minute.
Nah, they are just using the typical Reeeeesetera tactic of oppression Olympics to shield themselves from harm.

"Oh, I'm depressed and suicidal."
"Don't make fun of my spelling, I'm dyslexic."
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4093 on: October 15, 2021, 05:07:38 PM »
All these morons on ERA love to screech daily how they aren't marks of immoral capitalists. How they all know the 'tricks' capitalists make to trick the working class to go against their self-interests. And yet they act surprised and claim they were blind-sided that Cerium saw ERA as a money making operation from the start. They completely bought in to the lie that ERA Clear was necessary and that ERA needed every cent and eyeball on an ad to keep the lights on.

How are they any different from the idiots on the right that buy into investing in silver and gold? Or buying books from right-wing hacks? This entire episode should make clear to them that they aren't any smarter or more savvy to grifting than the right-wing people they love to despise. They laugh and point at right-wing grifters and their "victims" on a daily basis only to be completely obvious to the fact that they are suckers of a "left-wing" grifter for nearly 4 years.
That would require self-reflection and we all know the reee crowd is devoid of that.
Spud

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #4094 on: October 15, 2021, 05:11:23 PM »
imagine all the 20000 word screeds the main man and autitsty gawd shenron redshit would be dropping about this if he didn't sacrifice himself in the holy cyberpunk war :stahp
(ice)

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #4095 on: October 15, 2021, 05:21:03 PM »
Man I don't want to see a single goddamn fuck talking about Dave Chappelle getting "cancelled". Dude's gotta be a billionaire by now, he don't give a fuck anymore.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dave-chappelle-announces-hes-a-terf.496338/page-17#post-75295236

:lol

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4096 on: October 15, 2021, 05:25:36 PM »
The only joke I can remember actually laughing at was cumming on the preacher’s face, which felt fairly classic Chappelle.

I guess we know whats not off limits.   :brain

« Reply #4097 on: October 15, 2021, 05:27:30 PM »
I unsubscribed and put the reason why as “Other: Because you’re transphobic assholes”
I cancelled and told them it was because of the transphobic Chapelle special & them firing trans employees who aren't happy about it. Seriously, fuck off.

How will Netflix recover from this?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4098 on: October 15, 2021, 05:36:11 PM »
Dave Chapelle doubled down, didn't apologize and faced the cancel mob head on and won.
Told CNN, MSNBC and all the other networks to fuck off.

Never apologize, never back down. That's how you win folks, remember that.
🤴

« Reply #4099 on: October 15, 2021, 05:41:21 PM »
why are people so serious about a damn forum. I mean how is more important than your health or going outside or happiness. wtf

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4100 on: October 15, 2021, 05:44:01 PM »
They changed the ERA clear line about supporting the community  :lol

Yesterday:
(Image removed from quote.)

It's hard to believe this shit is real, even more so that people bought it  :lol

Today:

Trojita

« Reply #4101 on: October 15, 2021, 05:44:33 PM »

Yesterday:

It's hard to believe this shit is real, even more so that people bought it  :lol

Today:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #4102 on: October 15, 2021, 05:50:47 PM »
Can’t wait for that price to go up. Its got to at least match the cost of Neogaf gold.

ShutUp

« Reply #4103 on: October 15, 2021, 05:51:18 PM »
“How are you utterly lacking in self-awareness”

Morrigan really, truly, honestly asked someone else this question. This sour puss is fucking hopeless.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #4104 on: October 15, 2021, 05:58:44 PM »

Yesterday:

Today:

Oh yeah no guilt at all lmao

Skullfuckers Anonymous

« Reply #4105 on: October 15, 2021, 05:58:57 PM »
Shit...and to think i made Era logo for free because it was a community effort to get everybody together under one organized place again.
Seeing those numbers is not a good look for sure, i can't imagine volunteering for years.

In my humble opinion grabbing the bag alone is not a classy move.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-77#post-75302538

:ufup

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4106 on: October 15, 2021, 06:10:37 PM »
Camells
The Forgotten One

:lol
🤴

Kevtones

« Reply #4107 on: October 15, 2021, 06:11:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-76#post-75299604

did cerium sell the site in good faith?

I am enjoying blamespace's contributions to the community.
wrong

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #4108 on: October 15, 2021, 06:22:06 PM »
Over 15 pages about the Resetera sale, this is Xmas time for you guys.  :-*

If you all care that much, why not meme Cerium?

Template here: https://imgflip.com/memetemplate/346901124/resetera-cerium

Some quickies:

hey

« Reply #4109 on: October 15, 2021, 06:28:21 PM »
Enjoying that, with mod-pay-gate out of the way, the thread is slowly starting to ask the obvious question:
Quote from: jph139
I think my biggest question at this point is why we haven't heard anything from MOBA directed at the people posting on the website they bought. Not even a token "welcome to the family!" corporate BS that you might expect. Has the staff even talked directly with people on that end? Like, it's been stated repeatedly that Cerium did a lot of work behind the scenes - who is doing that work now? Is there a "community manager" or liaison from the company? If there were to be changes, how will they be communicated?

It's been more than 24 hours and we're still just sort of guessing at shadows - and it's the weekend now, so I'm not expecting we'll be hearing from them any time soon. If ever?
Quote from: deepFlaw
Yeah, I’ve been wondering about this too - while I don’t exactly want this company interfering with the site, numerous staff members have said that Cerium did important work behind the scenes. Since that was valuable and now he’s gone, it does raise the question of how that will be handled going forward. Was that more of a leadership/organizational thing that the staff is able to account for internally, or (for better or worse) will (someone from) the company be taking on that role since it’s stuff tied to being the owner?

It's an entire line of questioning that could have been avoided if they let everyone keep assuming that Cerium was completely uninvolved, but the mods have now made it clear he was tirelessly working behind the scenes to keep things going, so now if he's out, MOBA isn't going to do anything immediately, and none of the rest of the staff have had anything change... who's gonna fill that vital hole?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4110 on: October 15, 2021, 06:32:55 PM »
Dave Chapelle doubled down, didn't apologize and faced the cancel mob head on and won.

Not everyone is in the position Chapelle is in tho.

BadAss2961

« Reply #4111 on: October 15, 2021, 06:33:43 PM »
Guess it's time to stage a takeover in the name of wokeism and sell at the first opportunity.

Well done Cerium. Everything REE knows is a sham.

Drainage

« Reply #4112 on: October 15, 2021, 06:43:00 PM »
The shower goblin just watched someone take his $10 million and unload it through a fence for a tidy $4.55 million payday. Can’t wait for his composed thoughts on the matter.

Nepnep better be careful harassing users into paying her bills to compensate for her volunteer work at Resetera, daddy MOBA may frown upon such activity from Administrative Staff.

Cerium either promised something to these idiots to keep the forum together until his extra $1 million materializes or he had some other clever tool to hire the dumbest possible idiots. I wonder if he had mods take one of those personality/temperament tests on their job slave applications to ensure only the sorriest marks were hired.

Alternatively, the mods enjoy their private discord so much that interacting with the actual forum only amounts to entertainment fodder. Also aligns with the reliance on the report system which wouldn’t be necessary if any of them were actually reading through the forum on a regular basis. They may not even care when it disappears.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #4113 on: October 15, 2021, 06:44:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-75#post-75292032
Quote from: Shogun
Wow, what a complete shit show this place really was. I remember when the GAF exodus happened and this place was supposed to be basically by the community for the community. Many people have contributed to this place over the years, some a lot more than others so to see the reality that one guy owned it all for profit is pretty fucking sickening.

We've allowed collectively this place to become an ever so slightly better place than GAF all whilst happily wearing the mask of a progressive community that is welcome to all. Collectively we've chased away communities from here, collectively we've chased away some amazing members and collectively we've once again allowed certain mods to treat themselves like minor celebrities.

To think this place was started to be better, to raise standards...it's all a bit Emperors new fucking clothes. $4.5m off the back off everyone else's work, yikes. Pay your mods.

These posts are like a broken record now.  It costs money to run and maintain a forum that large.  Cerium didn't charge anyone for access or to post on there- That Era Clear shit was entirely optional.  Being a moderator just means you're a forum poster with elevated privileges- it's not a job.  If it's so difficult and stressful and all that shit, JUST FUCKING STOP DOING IT.  Era could also try not banning everyone for every little fucking thing.
:dizzy

^^^
Damage control for the upcoming Bore sale, to some Saudi prince.

:drudge :drudge :drudge

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4114 on: October 15, 2021, 06:59:47 PM »

he only won because he's rich, famous, and enjoys a good working relationship with netflix who was willing to back him up

if it was a cnn news anchor caught on film saying "I'm team terf" he would be fired and blacklisted from every job except southern school janitor

but crucially, this would happen whether he apologized or not
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4115 on: October 15, 2021, 07:14:53 PM »

Fuck Twitter. Fuck NBC News, ABC News, all these stupid ass networks

He didn't say CNN.

:ufup

Yulwei

« Reply #4116 on: October 15, 2021, 07:25:44 PM »
i read up on a little bit of that media create business and man :titus

who the fuck has time for any of that. these are grown men fighting proxy wars over multi billion dollar companies.

they'd be much happier if they were grown men who gossiped about fuckups from another forum :miyamoto

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #4117 on: October 15, 2021, 07:25:54 PM »
I would unsubscribe over this if I was actually paying for it currently. Makes me glad I'm family sharing now honestly and not personally giving this transphobic company a dime.

Way to take a stand

Such a shitty company. I cancelled my sub after they removed a patriot act episode critical of Saudi. People should consider it for this or at the very least borrowing a family members access if you want to keep watching.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4118 on: October 15, 2021, 07:30:01 PM »
I would unsubscribe over this if I was actually paying for it currently. Makes me glad I'm family sharing now honestly and not personally giving this transphobic company a dime.

Way to take a stand

Such a shitty company. I cancelled my sub after they removed a patriot act episode critical of Saudi. People should consider it for this or at the very least borrowing a family members access if you want to keep watching.

Way to stand up for a toxic show, mister!!

https://scoop.upworthy.com/yes-even-woke-boys-can-be-problematic-the-case-of-hasan-minhaj-shows-us-how

BadAss2961

« Reply #4119 on: October 15, 2021, 07:49:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-76#post-75299253

Lamptramp seems to be having a good day.

imagine having a suicidal meltdown in the off-topic section of a gaming message board.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #4120 on: October 15, 2021, 07:57:00 PM »

Way to take a stand

https://scoop.upworthy.com/yes-even-woke-boys-can-be-problematic-the-case-of-hasan-minhaj-shows-us-how

Accusing a workplace of making workers feel "humiliated and gaslit, targeted and ignored" but with 0 actual examples of that happening is some stellar reporting.

NekoFever

« Reply #4121 on: October 15, 2021, 08:10:33 PM »
Caught up on the day’s festivities.

I’d love to know what they thought Cerium had been doing with the site’s revenues ever since he fucked off and left his unpaid ‘staff’ to handle the running of it. Because everyone on the outside looking in seemed to have guessed correctly :pika

Those pesky echo chambers, eh?

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #4122 on: October 15, 2021, 08:12:16 PM »

Way to take a stand

Accusing a workplace of making workers feel "humiliated and gaslit, targeted and ignored" but with 0 actual examples of that happening is some stellar reporting.

Are we talking about Hasan Minhaj’s show or Resetera?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #4123 on: October 15, 2021, 08:45:19 PM »
I thought I'd seen copium before but this is a whole new level -

I will agree wholeheartedly that these two are fair questions for him to address. Staff cannot guarantee when or if he'll come in though, and that's not me putting up for him. It's saying we ain't got control of the man's will.

Poor Nep Nep. Cerium's long gone you total sucker.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 09:14:26 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4125 on: October 15, 2021, 08:59:23 PM »
We were initially hoping for a more looser and less restrictive atmosphere.

I'd say within 3-4 months that vision changed.

A lot of the voices the staff reached out to wanted harsher moderation and Era started ramping it up as a result.
Maybe if they didn't "reach out" to the most fucking unhinged lunatics about what is effective moderation things would have been different. Instead, they "hired" them as mods and admins.
 :banplz :banplz :banplz :trash :trash :trash :banplz :banplz :banplz
Spud

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #4126 on: October 15, 2021, 09:01:43 PM »
They weren’t “hired”, they were differently employed :rodney

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #4127 on: October 15, 2021, 09:03:05 PM »
About Era Clear, it was offered early on when the site was new and ad revenue was just getting off the ground. The only time it was given any real push was after the 2.0 redesign, which cost a lot and I recall the hope was that subscriptions could help offset that, so the plug was added at the bottom of the site. After that it kind of became an afterthought and went untouched until now.

Honestly I don't think anyone remembered the wording on the subscription page and that was definitely a mistake and should have been changed. It's been adjusted.

"The only time it was given any real push was after the 2.0 redesign"

The only time... with a permanent advertising...

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #4128 on: October 15, 2021, 09:07:16 PM »

:lol :lol :lol

Was there a third mod demodded as a result of MC-gate?

She was.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-74#post-75287901

Quote from: Queen Vulpix
Did I directly have any involvement in Chris's ban, or knew of the long time troll situation in the MC threads? To the former, no. I was busy at work in a covid locked down unit when that ultimately happened and was away from era. To the latter, the answer is regrettably no. Was I a mod during the MC thread situation and contributed in some way, shape or form to mod decisions that may or may not have been made? Yes.
OBE

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4129 on: October 15, 2021, 09:08:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/post-75309027
Quote from: srtrestre
Since no one has been threadmarking Cerium’s follow up posts, I took the liberty of consolidating all his answers up to this point in one place for you all:

:cody
Spud

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #4130 on: October 15, 2021, 09:10:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-74#post-75290139

Quote from: Wonderment
Vitriol must be immediately actioned no matter the context? But thorough reports are needed for long-established-community-thread issues? Staff called members "cunts" offsite? Still mixing mod stuff in discords?

Feeling today like this place learned nothing whatsoever from me. At least my time was paid in the amount it was apparently valued. Heyo!

(I'm not mad, don't use me in your anti-mod or anti-user crusade. But stop blaming the mods' volunteerism for the change in site direction, and stop blaming members for staff's lack of interest and involvement in community threads except when in discords).
:ego
OBE

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4131 on: October 15, 2021, 09:17:03 PM »
The mods routinely try to recruit sane members from within communities that seem to have a lack of mod representation. People aren't always interested in taking on that role, though, and there are so many diverse communities that it is difficult to get good mod coverage.

:popular

Shit...and to think i made Era logo for free because it was a community effort to get everybody together under one organized place again.
Seeing those numbers is not a good look for sure, i can't imagine volunteering for years.

In my humble opinion grabbing the bag alone is not a classy move.

This person should "Nike" up, and get paid.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4132 on: October 15, 2021, 09:19:05 PM »
Quote from: NepNep
Which specific concerns do you want him to answer?

Quote from: Disgruntled idiot
Two questions mainly.

1)There's a general perception that that site was owned by several stakeholders, what was the timeline of ownership and how did he became the solo owner. Who were the other stakeholders, what offers were made to them and for what reason?

2) Why did he choose to sell it to corporations as opposed to seeking a successor within the community? His initial introduction message to us was "Everything we do begins and ends with the community.", how does selling to an investor group achieve this?

Quote from: NepNep
I will agree wholeheartedly that these two are fair questions for him to address. Staff cannot guarantee when or if he'll come in though, and that's not me putting up for him. It's saying we ain't got control of the man's will.
NepNep's face right now:  :ohhh

So close to a realisation that she's been played like the fucked in the head, mentally ill, racist that she is...

Quote from: another disgruntled idiot
These are good questions.

I would also like to know what makes MOBA Network such a good fit. Reading the terms of use for some of their other boards is gutting.

Quote from: obviously a troll who will be permed
They were willing to pay him 4.5 million dollar, the perfect fit

Quote from: the dumbest cunt in the universe
I'm having a lot of trouble swallowing that even though it seems obvious. I mean some of the mods and admins I respect the most are still in his corner here, right now, surely there has to be...something, right? :/

Because some of those policies literally outlaw what has always made this community safe and special for a lot of people here.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 09:31:28 PM by Potato »
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4133 on: October 15, 2021, 09:22:17 PM »
Acting like Era mods haven't been doxxed and swatted on the barest of personal information getting out there. Couching these endless demands for his personal response to unspecified demands as 'transparency' is weak.
swatted

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #4134 on: October 15, 2021, 09:28:27 PM »
what era mod has been swatted?

even if they were, could they prove it was era-related, and not an extremely angry overwatch player after getting schooled by lucio?

I know some of nep's info has been out there a while and if anyone had dared to do anything IRL to her you can bet she would've bitched about it on era and said fuck you pay me
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #4135 on: October 15, 2021, 09:29:52 PM »

even if they were, could they prove it was era-related, and not an extremely angry overwatch player after getting schooled by lucio?

I know some of nep's info has been out there a while and if anyone had dared to do anything IRL to her you can bet she would've bitched about it on era and said fuck you pay me
She definitely would have blamed it on the white babies
Spud

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4136 on: October 15, 2021, 09:34:17 PM »
The shower goblin just watched someone take his $10 million and unload it through a fence for a tidy $4.55 million payday. Can’t wait for his composed thoughts on the matter.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-sold-to-m-o-b-a-network-for-usd-4-55-million.1621017/page-51#post-264821369
Quote from: EviLore
I enjoyed what I was doing and felt a responsibility to keep the torch lit. There was always such an outpouring of support from the community and the gaming industry as a whole, to keep the site going and keep it independent, appreciation from tons of indie devs for giving them a spotlight compared to the mainstream outlets. I was happy to oblige and firm in my ideals. Those ideals built the community, so there’s no reason to regret sticking with them.

:thinking

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/resetera-sold-to-m-o-b-a-network-for-usd-4-55-million.1621017/page-35#post-264815573
If I had taken an acquisition offer back in the day I definitely would’ve spread the love around to the team.

Cerium needs all $4.55 million for his mental health, though.

:umad
ど助平

« Reply #4137 on: October 15, 2021, 09:37:17 PM »
Some of the responses in that thread are hard to read, for some people RE is all they have. All I can say is at the end of the day, no one should be so bad off that a website is their life. I hope they are able to get some help, and while the internet can be a nice retreat, it should never be a replacement for proper human interaction, and compassion, and mental health treatment. I may be getting old and sappy here, but lifes too fucking short and I hope everyone decent finds happiness in their life. I come here and get a cliff notes of RE (and by extension gaf), but that interest is more of the old "High School Reunion" curiosity, I was on gaf from 2001 to 2017 so it was a place I hung out for my 20s and some of my 30s. So I see the aggregate of whats going on, who got fat, who got pregnant, etc etc, and I move on about my week.

Ironically gaf imploding was great because I never went to RE, I poked in here off and on, browsed somethingawful (for its pc stuff, which gaf and RE werent great for, and then of course RE runs off PC era and durante to make metacouncil). But I basically passively consume the net now, I play more games, Ive dropped weight, Ive been teaching myself to code to work on my golden girls survival rpg etc. But for some on there, I feel like RE is their only outlet, and I hope they can find the help they need, because I would not assume that RE is going to stay the same now.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #4138 on: October 15, 2021, 09:38:38 PM »

Don't grant any of this credence that way. These people will make up anything and everything in their quest to stomp on each other while talking about how "caring" and for the "community" they are.

There's pretty much no ResetERA.com staff member that has been doxed, let alone swatted. (I've already expressed my feelings about their claims of "harassment" from non-members.) I won't say "none" for sure because I can't remember all two and a half thousand of their staff members over the last four years off the top of my head and some of them posted under their own name or openly connected themselves to their real world presence.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #4139 on: October 15, 2021, 09:40:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-ownership-update.499677/page-80#post-75310326

User Banned (Permanent): Troll account.
Quote from: Chiggs
Quote from: F34R
I just checked, no threads that I could find.
Oh, like the massive one on the 1st page with 3k responses? Trust me, we're all laughing. Everyone is, really.

Have a blessed day!
OBE