Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1827452 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #44460 on: March 14, 2023, 03:36:43 PM »
"JK Rowling knew her fans would be deeply unhappy over her trans views"

Her views being...transwomen are worthy of respect and love, but biological realities should not be ignored since they affect and impact cis women? These people need to get a fucking grip. Do they not know that the majority of people don't even agree with Rowling? The average normie thinks being trans isn't even REAL; they don't even think they deserve any kind of public acknowledgment over biological women. JK Rowling is literally more accepting than the average person on the street.
You are wrong, the liberals and progressives should completely double down on this to stop you Nazi's from gatekeeping the extermination camps.

The new platform should be:
1. Any mention of biological genders or using it to gatekeep sports, pregnancies, education, healthcare etc. should be banned or considered hate speech (much like the Nazi flag is banned)
2. Access to healthcare for trans persons should be unlimited and completely free. This will be paid for by a mandatory tax to be paid by cis-gendered white men only
3. Gender affirming care should be legal from the day of birth (or even in the womb when advances in technology allow for it)
4. If trans persons are unable to work they should be taken care of by the state with an allowance of at least $50k a month but up to a $1 million a month if necessary
5. All transphobes should be arrested and prosecuted for crimes committed at any point during their lifetime, they should also lose their right to vote and donate 99% of their savings to trans charities
6. All transphobic content should be removed, deleted or destroyed if one trans person takes offense this rule applies

and most importantly

HOGWARTS LEGACY = GENOCIDE

[close]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 03:57:49 PM by Nintex »
🤴

marrec

« Reply #44461 on: March 14, 2023, 03:39:29 PM »
Oh hey what a neat way to tie my alleged transphobia and Islamophobia together:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/her-name-was-eden-transgender-woman-takes-her-own-life-after-being-trafficked-and-de-transitioned-against-her-will-cw-suicide-trafficking.696913/

Quote from: Substack Link In Thread
Eden's death represents a serious atrocity committed to a transgender woman by people who are allowed to operate within the United States

The unnamed "people who are allowed to operate within the United States" are representatives of Islamic family members in Saudi Arabia.

She was in the US illegally, and they essentially forced her to return to Saudi Arabia where she was forced to detransition and then died by suicide.

There is no criticism of the Islamic intolerance of queer identities in the Substack, just criticisms of American states where she did not live.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44462 on: March 14, 2023, 03:39:37 PM »

Her views being...transwomen are worthy of respect and love, but biological realities should not be ignored since they affect and impact cis women? These people need to get a fucking grip. Do they not know that the majority of people don't even agree with Rowling? The average normie thinks being trans isn't even REAL; they don't even think they deserve any kind of public acknowledgment over biological women. JK Rowling is literally more accepting than the average person on the street.
You are wrong, the liberals and progressives should completely double down on this to stop you Nazi's from gatekeeping the extermination camps.

The new platform should be:
1. Any mention of biological genders or using it to gatekeep sports, pregnancies, education, healthcare etc. should be banned or considered hate speech (much like the Nazi flag is banned)
2. Access to healthcare for trans persons should be unlimited and completely free. This will be paid for by a mandatory tax to be paid by cis-gendered white men only
3. Gender affirming care should be legal from the day of birth (or even in the womb when advances in technology allow for it)
4. If trans persons are unable to work they should be taken care of by the state with an allowance of at least $50k a month but up to a $1 million a month if necessary
5. All transphobes should be arrested and prosecuted for crimes committed at any point during their lifetime, they should also lose their right to vote and donate 99% of their savings to trans charities
6. All transphobic content should be removed, deleted or destroyed if one trans person takes offense this rule applies

HOGWARTS LEGACY = GENOCIDE

[close]
Didn't read, just liked for the top of page CONTENT!!!
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #44463 on: March 14, 2023, 03:40:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tilda-swinton-says-she-refuses-to-wear-a-mask-or-adhere-to-covid-rules-on-set-of-new-film.696943/

It's 2023 lol.
Wait, there are still covid rules? We haven't had any for almost a year now. What the fuck have the rest of you guys been doing?
Film productions established a whole bunch of rules by industry and have not rolled any of them back. It might require agreement with the unions I don't know the details.

BrokenVerses

« Reply #44464 on: March 14, 2023, 03:42:00 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/her-name-was-eden-transgender-woman-takes-her-own-life-after-being-trafficked-and-de-transitioned-against-her-will-cw-suicide-trafficking.696913/

Eden's death represents a serious atrocity committed to a transgender woman by people who are allowed to operate within the United States

The unnamed "people who are allowed to operate within the United States" are representatives of Islamic family members in Saudi Arabia.

There is no criticism of the Islamic intolerance of queer identities in the Substack, just criticisms of American states where she did not live.

Huh, usually it's just their rapists and killers that the Saudi government vanishes out of the US.

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/erry-2018/12/9b5b1eff724150/he-was-accused-of-killing-a-po.html

benjipwns

« Reply #44465 on: March 14, 2023, 03:43:47 PM »

Maybe the people "allowed to operate within the United States" is the illegitimate state enforcing immigration laws? :bolo

Also, I have to note that two of the three quoted tweeters in the OP (one of whom is the Substack author) are people who lie constantly on Twitter and almost never say anything accurate about anything.

marrec

« Reply #44466 on: March 14, 2023, 03:46:17 PM »

Maybe the people "allowed to operate within the United States" is the illegitimate state enforcing immigration laws? :bolo

Also, I have to note that two of the three quoted tweeters in the OP (one of whom is the Substack author) are people who lie constantly on Twitter and almost never say anything accurate about anything.

Setting aside the legitimacy of their claims, if representatives of a Saudi family forced Eden to emigrate back to Saudi Arabia where she was forced to detransition... isn't that... something we should also criticize Saudi Arabia and it's theocratic plutocracy for?

I mean, in addition to the US governments fascist adherence to immigration laws of course.

benjipwns

« Reply #44467 on: March 14, 2023, 03:49:28 PM »
I'm somewhat skeptical of the more specific claim when being forced back to Saudi Arabia ("trafficked" as the tweeters and OP put it) may have been reason enough for someone mentally unwell to go for suicide.

But eliminating the totalitarian border system of the American state may have helped anyway.

Propagandhim

« Reply #44468 on: March 14, 2023, 04:00:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/openai-introduces-gpt-4.696928/

Quote from: Yoga Flame
I use ChatCPT all day, it's actually a invaluable resource for coding, and providing insight into other people's code. It's part of my workflow.

It's like having an extremely knowledgeable companion, I can't go back.

IDE on one screen, ChatGPT in another. I get it to write my regex for instance. Unbelievable stuff.

Nepenthe needs to set this guy straight.  He's maintaining the dominance of the imperial core by using this technology to prevent coders in the Gambia from getting ahead.

Thank you :clap  The answer is "no", but thank you for being brave enough to ask.

benjipwns

« Reply #44469 on: March 14, 2023, 04:02:00 PM »
Quote from: AuthenticM
Am I right to assume that the two people who threatened to have her deported didn't do anything illegal, so no legal consequences await them?
That law firm deserves to go under
Quote from: Android Sophia
That is a question better suited to a lawyer or someone more knowledgeable than me. If I see an answer on Twitter from someone knowledgeable, I will let you know.

That being said, there's actually three people involved, and the third person involved (a lawyer by the name of Bader) almost certainly commit some sort of crime.
beyond depressing, law firm should go under for its help.
I hope every single person involved in that case gets what they deserve.
Just leave trans people alone, for fuck sake.
Being forced to detransition is one of my worst fears, it would kill me, i cannot imagine going back. I feel like i live in a safe country regarding this, but you never know with world leaders like US leading the way in anti-trans legislation, and even if my country doesn't go that way, i'm sometimes afraid of supply chains of our much needed medicine being disrupted somehow. You hear news of drug shortages in certain drugs, how China controls much of the drug manufacturing, etc, and even if that doesn't concern hormones now, my mind still sometimes wanders - "will i have the medicine i need for the rest of my life?". Luckily, drugs like Progynova and Androcur are not for transpeople only, otherwise many of us would be gone already.
This is what the GOP wants for all trans people.
Quote from: Cenauru
was debating on making this thread in hopes that her message is spread as far as it can. It's been all over trans circles on twitter for the past few days, and it's absolutely heartbreaking. She deserved so much better. Hopefully her story is picked up, she deserves to be heard, for others to see what transphobes want to do to us.

Justice for Eden.
Just randomly chose her, plucked her up and erased her from existence.
I hope karma gets these bastards. Fuck them and everyone that thinks like them.
It wasn't random. Eden's father is wealthy and has ties to the Saudi government. This was all planned to force her to de-transition against her will.
They'd rather force her down a path that gets her killed, than to just let her be herself in peace. Absolutely despicable.
Stories like this just.. I don't even know the words. They're what I fear, and know, the GOP in America sees as a goal.
Yup. She was targeted, found, and (frankly), executed.

This is disgusting.
American conservatives want to be Saudis. Incredibly rich and able to control their population, especially women and LGBTQ+ folks.
Quote from: Diablos
A complete violation of human rights on every level. Crazy.
The lengths they went to make sure she suffered. What abhorrent "humans"

I'll do what I can to signal boost.
It's super depressing. I can only imagine that it'd hard enough to have life immediately deal you a difficult hand with birthing you in the wrong body, but then to find out that the one life you're given is one where people will do everything in their power to prevent you from experiencing love, joy, acceptance. It's cruel beyond thinking.
A personal nightmare for me who is currently going out with someone who is trans. Never thought I’d have to do research on what states we’d like to visit for fear of his life, much less countries. Really something that has been very illuminating for me. Just…jeez.
Good talk everyone. Though I think there might be some inherent disregard happening in here.

benjipwns

« Reply #44470 on: March 14, 2023, 04:04:42 PM »
To get all my bigotry in I'd also like to note that China does this kind of thing to its citizens. (Yank the leash on them for enjoying the West too much I mean, not detransition them, although they probably do that too.) :kermit

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44471 on: March 14, 2023, 04:07:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pushsquare-agent-47-gets-hit-with-a-sleeper-hold-hitman-franchise-is-a-little-bit-on-hiatus-while-the-studio-focuses-on-james-bond.696991/
Quote from: Mahaveer RaGOATnatan, post: 102651382, member: 90257
Wow. Bold move to focus on a womanizing, charismatic, semi vigilante, state sponsored mass murderer like James Bond

:badass

marrec

« Reply #44472 on: March 14, 2023, 04:10:11 PM »
To get all my bigotry in I'd also like to note that China does this kind of thing to its citizens. (Yank the leash on them for enjoying the West too much I mean, not detransition them, although they probably do that too.) :kermit

Whoa Benji I think you mean “people allowed to operate in the US” let’s focus on the true culprits here

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lawyers
[close]

benjipwns

« Reply #44473 on: March 14, 2023, 04:11:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/pushsquare-agent-47-gets-hit-with-a-sleeper-hold-hitman-franchise-is-a-little-bit-on-hiatus-while-the-studio-focuses-on-james-bond.696991/
Quote from: Mahaveer RaGOATnatan, post: 102651382, member: 90257
semi vigilante, state sponsored
:hmm

edit: Just realized this doesn't describe James Bond, he's literally a MI6 employee. :lol
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 04:22:46 PM by benjipwns »

marrec

« Reply #44474 on: March 14, 2023, 04:25:00 PM »
Notorious Privateer James Bond

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44475 on: March 14, 2023, 04:31:02 PM »
This story is very difficult to talk about, and involves topics that can be triggering including (but not limited to) suicide, de-transitioning, and human trafficking. IF YOU NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE, PLEASE REACH OUT. RESOURCES LIKE THE TREVOR PROJECT AND TRANS LIFELINE ARE AVAILABLE.

If you find yourself in a situation like Eden's, please reach out. There are people who can help you get asylum and your freedom.

Illegally migrate from Saudi Arabia to the US and then get trafficked back by a crooked lawyer.

Sounds like a challenge for trans ree.
🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #44476 on: March 14, 2023, 04:31:32 PM »
I'm sure the UK will be fine when they point to the "he didn't listen to M" provision in international law.

marrec

« Reply #44477 on: March 14, 2023, 04:40:09 PM »
That IS how the CIA has gotten away with all their shenanigans over the years

NekoFever

« Reply #44478 on: March 14, 2023, 04:43:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lydia-t%C3%A1r-died.696772/

Imagine the grave-dancing thread if Lydia Tar was real.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #44479 on: March 14, 2023, 04:44:13 PM »
Quote from: AuthenticM
Am I right to assume that the two people who threatened to have her deported didn't do anything illegal, so no legal consequences await them?
That law firm deserves to go under
That is a question better suited to a lawyer or someone more knowledgeable than me. If I see an answer on Twitter from someone knowledgeable, I will let you know.

That being said, there's actually three people involved, and the third person involved (a lawyer by the name of Bader) almost certainly commit some sort of crime.
beyond depressing, law firm should go under for its help.
I hope every single person involved in that case gets what they deserve.
Just leave trans people alone, for fuck sake.
Being forced to detransition is one of my worst fears, it would kill me, i cannot imagine going back. I feel like i live in a safe country regarding this, but you never know with world leaders like US leading the way in anti-trans legislation, and even if my country doesn't go that way, i'm sometimes afraid of supply chains of our much needed medicine being disrupted somehow. You hear news of drug shortages in certain drugs, how China controls much of the drug manufacturing, etc, and even if that doesn't concern hormones now, my mind still sometimes wanders - "will i have the medicine i need for the rest of my life?". Luckily, drugs like Progynova and Androcur are not for transpeople only, otherwise many of us would be gone already.
This is what the GOP wants for all trans people.
was debating on making this thread in hopes that her message is spread as far as it can. It's been all over trans circles on twitter for the past few days, and it's absolutely heartbreaking. She deserved so much better. Hopefully her story is picked up, she deserves to be heard, for others to see what transphobes want to do to us.

Justice for Eden.
Just randomly chose her, plucked her up and erased her from existence.
I hope karma gets these bastards. Fuck them and everyone that thinks like them.
It wasn't random. Eden's father is wealthy and has ties to the Saudi government. This was all planned to force her to de-transition against her will.
They'd rather force her down a path that gets her killed, than to just let her be herself in peace. Absolutely despicable.
Stories like this just.. I don't even know the words. They're what I fear, and know, the GOP in America sees as a goal.
Yup. She was targeted, found, and (frankly), executed.

This is disgusting.
American conservatives want to be Saudis. Incredibly rich and able to control their population, especially women and LGBTQ+ folks.
Quote from: Diablos
A complete violation of human rights on every level. Crazy.
The lengths they went to make sure she suffered. What abhorrent "humans"

I'll do what I can to signal boost.
It's super depressing. I can only imagine that it'd hard enough to have life immediately deal you a difficult hand with birthing you in the wrong body, but then to find out that the one life you're given is one where people will do everything in their power to prevent you from experiencing love, joy, acceptance. It's cruel beyond thinking.
A personal nightmare for me who is currently going out with someone who is trans. Never thought I’d have to do research on what states we’d like to visit for fear of his life, much less countries. Really something that has been very illuminating for me. Just…jeez.
Good talk everyone. Though I think there might be some inherent disregard happening in here.
:neogaf

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #44480 on: March 14, 2023, 04:53:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/animation-vfx-youtubers-corridor-crew-trained-an-ai-to-convert-their-live-action-footage-into-animation-what-do-you-think-of-the-results.691309/page-20#post-102521104

:cop User Banned (1 week): Hostility, History of the same
Quote from: Jakten
Quote from: Tygre
Sorry, my mistake.

When you said we should only be listening to professional animators on this subject, I should have realised you meant we should only be listening to professional animators who agree with you on this subject.
Grifters exist everywhere, stop being a duplicitous piece of shit. This is obviously not what the vast majority of animators and artists believe or support. One person's opinion doesn't negate that.
OBE

« Reply #44481 on: March 14, 2023, 04:55:07 PM »
one has to ask. there a few million trans in US and they are committing suicide everyday. You don't hear about suicide amongst Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar who are treated worse or the Uyghurs muslims in China who are treated worse or Muslims in America after 9/11 or Black people from the time they were enslaved in America to today

Ask yourself why its prevalent in a community of trans people so much compared to those who have been oppressed a lot more

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44482 on: March 14, 2023, 04:57:09 PM »

also it barely has anything to do with them

her advocacy tends to revolve around maintaining women's spaces for the unique challenges and experiences that cis women face, sure if you're trans you can try to force your way into those groups but you're going to make everyone uncomfortable and most of the discussion isn't going to be relevant to you, no matter how much you want to pretend you've started getting a period now

it's like if you started a club for dog lovers for people who own dogs and want to talk about them and some Disney shill shows up to turn every conversation to how much they like Pluto and Goofy

yes technically you're a dog lover but read the room
Uncle

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44483 on: March 14, 2023, 04:59:08 PM »
You don't hear about suicide amongst Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar who are treated worse or the Uyghurs muslims in China who are treated worse or Muslims in America after 9/11 or Black people from the time they were enslaved in America to today
nice whataboutism, chud.  :social2

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #44484 on: March 14, 2023, 05:01:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/disney-really-needs-to-add-a-post-credits-indy-5-scene-with-ke-huy-quan-and-harrison.696910/

PANDERING PANDERING PANDERING

Shallow as hell people.

Do we really need to draw more attention to the fact that Ke Huy Quan is so happy to have starred in such a deeply problematic, racist and misogynistic movie?

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44485 on: March 14, 2023, 05:12:14 PM »

her advocacy tends to revolve around maintaining women's spaces for the unique challenges and experiences that cis women face, sure if you're trans you can try to force your way into those groups but you're going to make everyone uncomfortable and most of the discussion isn't going to be relevant to you, no matter how much you want to pretend you've started getting a period now

it's like if you started a club for dog lovers for people who own dogs and want to talk about them and some Disney shill shows up to turn every conversation to how much they like Pluto and Goofy

Barely has anything to do with them? I think it has nothing to do with them. Biological men like the ones on Ree are never going to be able to understand the realities of being socialized female, having a functioning female reproductive system, or being disadvantaged under the patriarchy. It doesn't matter how many times they scream "Transwomen are women" either. Rowling advocates for things that 99% of transwomen evidently have very little understanding of or personal interaction with, which is why they're so eternally assblasted about not being able to be part of the conversation.

There is no reason why a group of 30-40 year old+ white males (going by that mini census they did that one time) should be so obsessed with a woman who is specifically trying address female problems. 

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44486 on: March 14, 2023, 05:19:42 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-gardenia-is-the-best-pok%C3%A9mon-gym-leader.696703/#post-102622411
Remember that one time she was drawn with nothing under her mantle in the anime?

:exxy

marrec

« Reply #44487 on: March 14, 2023, 05:34:51 PM »
It’s not squid porn but any port in a storm as they say

marrec

« Reply #44488 on: March 14, 2023, 05:39:08 PM »
I apologize for sexualizing a gym leader I thought this was a post about a Pokémon I didn’t mean to demean this talented and hard working woman.

« Reply #44489 on: March 14, 2023, 05:51:03 PM »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44490 on: March 14, 2023, 05:58:24 PM »
These people ARE mentally Ill  :lol :lol :lol https://www.resetera.com/threads/jamie-lee-curtiss-oscar-statue-is-non-binary.697045/

Quote from: Excel
I didn't watch but I thought the general air was she wasn't deserving of the Oscar (I've seen the film and I wouldn't think so and I don't even know who she was up against).

Saw a headline about Angela Basset not applauding her win.

What the heck is the point of bringing this up here

How dare you bring this up in this sensitive thread!

« Reply #44491 on: March 14, 2023, 06:00:15 PM »
These people ARE mentally Ill  :lol :lol :lol https://www.resetera.com/threads/jamie-lee-curtiss-oscar-statue-is-non-binary.697045/

I didn't watch but I thought the general air was she wasn't deserving of the Oscar (I've seen the film and I wouldn't think so and I don't even know who she was up against).

Nepenthe it’s time to show if you are principled or if you are a bitch

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44492 on: March 14, 2023, 06:09:12 PM »
I have yet to hear a single explanation for non-binary that isn't reliant on sexist stereotypes (regarding either gender) or 1950s-era gender roles to justify its existence.

in fact, shouldn't trans people in general be opposed to non-binary ideology since it's about gender being something you can slip in and out of on a whim?

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44493 on: March 14, 2023, 06:10:22 PM »
I have yet to hear a single explanation for non-binary that isn't reliant on stereotypes or 1950s-era gender roles to justify its existence.

in fact, shouldn't trans people in general be opposed to non-binary ideology since it's about gender being something you can slip in and out of on a whim?

All I know is that gender and sex aren't real but also that it was super offensive of that one russian lady to cosplay a trans character from Cyberpunk 2077

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #44494 on: March 14, 2023, 06:11:31 PM »

Quote from: excelsiorlef, post: 102658063, member: 330
This thread is not the place to debate the merits of her win

Let us Trans community people have a win jfc

Bigot :ufup
Margs

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44495 on: March 14, 2023, 06:18:54 PM »
What does being non-binary have to do with being trans and how is a rich white woman flippantly calling her statue a they/them a "win"

Polident Hive

« Reply #44496 on: March 14, 2023, 06:21:15 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tilda-swinton-says-she-refuses-to-wear-a-mask-or-adhere-to-covid-rules-on-set-of-new-film.696943/

It's 2023 lol.
I could understand the "what an asshole" takes for not wearing a mask before the vax came out, but now the mask stuff is just virtue signaling. Even moreso with it being 2023. Wear one if you want to, but I'm not going to wear one at all unless I'm in close quarters with someone who's legitimately immunocompromised.

Not surprised Ree has latched onto this since it gives them yet another meaningless thing to spaz out about and bring up the next time Tilda is mentioned.

Ain’t reading the thread, but should be said many of the mandates aren’t strict for the actors. It’s the crew and such. As vain and self serving as actors are, some recognize how odd it is for the help to be masked and treated as less than. Actors speak on their behalf. Tilda, like other great Asian male leaders, is simply promoting communism.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #44497 on: March 14, 2023, 06:23:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/quentin-tarantino’s-final-film-is-coming-as-filmmaker-readies-‘the-movie-critic.697033/

Nepnep:
One last chance to get in as many slurs as possible.

:dead
Oi Oi

« Reply #44498 on: March 14, 2023, 06:30:42 PM »
What does being non-binary have to do with being trans and how is a rich white woman flippantly calling her statue a they/them a "win"

Because era worships celebrities

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44499 on: March 14, 2023, 07:00:26 PM »
This story is very difficult to talk about, and involves topics that can be triggering including (but not limited to) suicide, de-transitioning, and human trafficking. IF YOU NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE, PLEASE REACH OUT. RESOURCES LIKE THE TREVOR PROJECT AND TRANS LIFELINE ARE AVAILABLE.

If you find yourself in a situation like Eden's, please reach out. There are people who can help you get asylum and your freedom.

Illegally migrate from Saudi Arabia to the US and then get trafficked back by a crooked lawyer.

Sounds like a challenge for trans ree.
They would be free of the colonial capitalist white supremacists at least. That's a plus for Neopetenthe
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44500 on: March 14, 2023, 07:00:55 PM »
I apologize for sexualizing a gym leader I thought this was a post about a Pokémon I didn’t mean to demean this talented and hard working woman.
Transphobic and sexist, I can't believe you :stahp

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44501 on: March 14, 2023, 07:07:21 PM »

Shut up. This "All or nothing" approach to allyship they have been using has been highly successful in gaining them support among the general population and especially among traditional working class leftists.

All they need to do now is go after some more beloved children's book authors for not wanting to acknowledge biological women have different experiences than trans women and capitalism, colonialism and white supremacy will be defeated once and for all and trans people will live in harmony with nature and the take a carrot, leave a carrot system of social organisation will mean that hookup knives will be a thing of the past.

:mynicca
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44502 on: March 14, 2023, 07:08:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/am-i-alone-or-is-the-time-change-kneecapping-you-as-well.697072/
Slayven
I am missing stuff i scheduled, ever time i look at a clock is is either way later or way earlier than i thought it was. It's light when i expect dark, dark when i expect light. Shit is not right. Arizona has this shit right

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44503 on: March 14, 2023, 07:16:34 PM »
Are you saying my they/them Mario amiibo is not a "win" for the trans community?

Bigot
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #44504 on: March 14, 2023, 07:22:15 PM »
I have yet to hear a single explanation for non-binary that isn't reliant on sexist stereotypes (regarding either gender) or 1950s-era gender roles to justify its existence.
Not just non-binary, in any case, all I know is that "just asking questions" like this is not only transphobic but how genocide starts like it did during the... and the uh... but also the... so we all need to stop questioning others right to exist even though that sounds a lot like white cishet male ways of knowing to me. :kermit

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44505 on: March 14, 2023, 07:26:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-mask-question.697075/#post-102661153

I didn't like them at first, I received a small dinky cloth mask from work that wasn't too great but got the job done. Turns out I like it as a fashion accessory when it fits well while doubling as a good layer of protection and helping with facial dysphoria, I now have a comfy FFXIV- themed mask that I wear anytime I'm out of the house or my car. Covid or not, I'm gonna keep wearing it.
OBE

Propagandhim

« Reply #44506 on: March 14, 2023, 07:30:22 PM »
Does anyone remember that guy on GAF in the Post Your Pic thread who was handsome as hell, but he claimed he had "facial dysphoria" and constantly fished for compliments by saying how ugly he was.  Someone has to remember that guy

« Reply #44507 on: March 14, 2023, 07:44:37 PM »
gender is a social construct

trans people force other people to recognise them as a gender that is completely made up

but progressives want to abolish gender https://lgbtq.hkspublications.org/2021/07/25/how-to-abolish-gender/

why do progressives hate trans people so much

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #44508 on: March 14, 2023, 07:47:28 PM »

I didn't like them at first, I received a small dinky cloth mask from work that wasn't too great but got the job done. Turns out I like it as a fashion accessory when it fits well while doubling as a good layer of protection and helping with facial dysphoria, I now have a comfy FFXIV- themed mask that I wear anytime I'm out of the house or my car. Covid or not, I'm gonna keep wearing it.

:corona_mj
Margs

marrec

« Reply #44509 on: March 14, 2023, 07:48:59 PM »
Does anyone remember that guy on GAF in the Post Your Pic thread who was handsome as hell, but he claimed he had "facial dysphoria" and constantly fished for compliments by saying how ugly he was.  Someone has to remember that guy

Stop talking about me like I’m not right here  :bluesteel

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44510 on: March 14, 2023, 07:50:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2023-ot-1-kevins-no-good-very-bad-day.672442/page-81#post-102605260
Quote from: Funky Dude Sparks
The day any US president doesn't treat China with boxing gloves, traditional republicans would start calling for internment camps for chinese immediately

they're that fuckfried because China* took all those reputable manufactoring jobs from the US in the 90's and the aughts *China as well as Mexico, again in the views of traditional republicans

https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2023-ot-1-kevins-no-good-very-bad-day.672442/page-81#post-102614584
Quote from: Funky Dude Sparks
It's actually good for zoomers to kill off facebook and twitter

embrace socialisms so the people can have free internet and people with irony brains can fund projects that are like neocities and that one thing that's trying to be like myspace for zoomers

reject modernity
embrace tradition
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #44511 on: March 14, 2023, 08:31:31 PM »
https://lgbtq.hkspublications.org/2021/07/25/how-to-abolish-gender/
Morgan is an editor at the Progressive Policy Review and an MPP candidate at the Harvard Kennedy School, focusing on human rights strategy, migration, and climate change. Morgan has previously worked in diplomacy, refugee advocacy, and as an elementary school teacher.
What if we did not stop at patriarchy and dismantled gender hierarchies entirely? This article does not intend to make a case for or against this project, but rather hopes to investigate how one could go about dismantling gender from a policy perspective. Of course, because gender has sociological, cultural, medical, legal, historical, and religious influences, its abolition requires a complete rewrite of the most basal aspects of society. Doing so would certainly require much more than policy action alone. However, because our society constantly reinforces gendered material divisions through its institutions and economic incentives, to abolish gender requires the elimination of these structures through policy action. Policies like universal health care, abolishing the prison industrial complex, establishing universal basics and a care economy, guaranteeing housing as a right, and modifying our bureaucracies can drastically reduce the material reproduction of gender and effectively lay the foundation for a social movement to eliminate its influence entirely.
Well, when you put it like that, when do we start, Morgan?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Additionally, because most US health care is for-profit,[19] switching to a universal, public system would reduce incentives to promote unnecessary or dangerous treatments to marginalized groups.

Universal health care does not eliminate disparities based upon discrimination, but it does offer some relief. Notably, gender-affirming procedures such as hormone therapy or breast reconstruction surgery are often provided to cisgender people as part of insurance plans (during menopause or after an accident, for example), but considered elective or medically unnecessary for transgender and GNC people with the same aims.[20] Likewise, intersex people are frequently forced to have surgery at birth to conform to binary conceptualizations of sex.[21] Through these practices, the medical field economically and anatomically reproduces and enforces gender and sex norms. A robust, universal system of health care coverage is necessary to prevent this.
Starting when heterosexual, monogamous marriages became the foundation of the capitalist reproductive unit, the state has used law to criminalize sexuality and gender expression that does not conform to this description.[22] The effects of this are felt today, where transgender and GNC people, especially those who are Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC), are overrepresented in the criminal punishment system.[23] In addition to imprisonment or deportation, contact with this system can have long-lasting material effects through stigmatization; lack of access to jobs, education and loans; disease and injury; and death.[24] Policing also has a profound oppressive effect through violently enforcing universal conformity to gender norms.[25] Though this especially affects transgender and GNC people, the cultural effect of these hundreds of years of oppression affects how everyone behaves and interacts with others.[26]

Reforming this system is not an option because reform usually means a greater presence of the criminal punishment system into people’s lives, increasing the contact and, subsequently, the criminalization of transgender and GNC people,[27] and because, historically, reforms have been ineffective.[28] To resist criminalization’s material reproduction of gender, we must remove existing structures and redesign the system in accordance with abolitionist principles.

Though a deep review of abolitionist literature is beyond the scope of this article, its main tenets are to meet community needs to address the social determinants of crime, demilitarize the various institutions that fuel punishment, and shift to a restorative and rehabilitative model of justice.[29] This approach understands that the safest areas are not those with the most prisons or police but the opposite, and that lack of access to resources is a primary driver of crime.[30] Here, community needs include access to housing, health care, and dignified employment, which are discussed in depth elsewhere in this section. Some institutions to reform or eliminate include education, surveillance, immigration, and government benefits.
Thus, the measurement and administration of gender by the state and other bodies causes and enables harm. Ending this is necessary to end gender. However, as is the thesis of this work, doing so before extensive policy action and a successful social movement have interrupted the material reproduction of gender would instead make this process of continuous inequality harder to measure. Therefore, ending the bureaucratic measurement and administration of gender is necessary, but must be the last stage in a society-wide transformation.

Without ending the measurement and administration of gender, it will continue to be reborn through bureaucratic discrimination and the unequal provision of resources to sectors or services with proportionate more people of marginalized genders and sexualities.
Though the implementation of these policies will make enormous strides in reducing the material consequences of gender, and although policy action is necessary to abolish gender, policy action alone is insufficient. To truly eliminate the influence of one of the most pervasive psychic phenomena from our society would require a popular mass movement mobilizing and educating large swaths of society. Further, this social movement could not focus on gender alone if it hopes to be successful. The disparities caused by gender are part of the capitalist superstructure, meaning they are inextricably linked to ableism, neuronormativity, and racism. This is reflected in the fact that many of the above policy recommendations also disproportionately benefit those affected by racism, neuronormativity, and ableism. However, as with gender, these policies are not enough to solve these issues alone.
That being said, gender-inclusive spaces often reproduce racial inequalities, especially assimilationist LGBTQ+ groups solely focused on bureaucratic reforms.[55] Because of the intergenerational conceptualization of race and unique history of oppression at the intersection of race and gender, successful gender abolitionist policy and a successful social movement to support it must be anti-racist.
In summary, the road to gender abolition is complex and all-encompassing. It would affect nearly every aspect of society and every individual. That being said, there is a place to start. By implementing universal health care, abolishing the prison industrial complex, establishing universal basics and a care economy, guaranteeing housing as a right, and modifying our bureaucracies, we can severely limit the material consequences of gender. People of all genders would then have much more equal lives—free to dress, act and love without the fear of massive material consequences and structural violence that exists today. A world without gender is then ours for the making.
Never saw any of this coming at all from the author bio, it's so brave and stunning. :doge

jerk move but I can't not do it
[close]
[close]

FUME5

« Reply #44512 on: March 14, 2023, 08:42:18 PM »

It's 2023 lol.
Wait, there are still covid rules? We haven't had any for almost a year now. What the fuck have the rest of you guys been doing?

Being west australian and not getting fuckin covid.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #44513 on: March 14, 2023, 08:42:51 PM »
Quote from: Helix
god I wish she was dead

Ree proving once again they're dangerous incels

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-58#post-102664897

FUME5

« Reply #44514 on: March 14, 2023, 08:48:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/am-i-alone-or-is-the-time-change-kneecapping-you-as-well.697072/
Slayven
I am missing stuff i scheduled, ever time i look at a clock is is either way later or way earlier than i thought it was. It's light when i expect dark, dark when i expect light. Shit is not right. Arizona has this shit right

He doesn't know whether it's time to microwave his maccas chicken nuggets for brunch or afternoon tea!

marrec

« Reply #44515 on: March 14, 2023, 09:03:31 PM »
god I wish she was dead

Ree proving once again they're dangerous incels

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-58#post-102664897

Remember it’s not stochastic if the target is clear and defined

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44516 on: March 14, 2023, 10:32:19 PM »

:expert
Very heavy, "I studied the blade" energy in this post.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44517 on: March 14, 2023, 10:33:50 PM »
Pretty sure that guy was named marrec or something equally transphobic. Anyone know what happened to that guy, haven't seen him around for a long while.
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #44518 on: March 14, 2023, 10:39:47 PM »
god I wish she was dead
You're just going to have to start over with a new object for all your obsessive hatred that fronts a conspiracy to personally hold you down.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44519 on: March 14, 2023, 10:43:18 PM »

It's 2023 lol.

Being west australian and not getting fuckin covid.
Remember, covid requires close contact to spread and nobody wants to spend any more time with Westraliens than necessary.

:rollsafe
Spud