Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1824998 times)

FUME5

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #44520 on: March 14, 2023, 11:52:06 PM »
Already answered this question above. You know as an entrepreneur and PhD candidate, I take what's left of my time away to make these (and I'm willing to make longer and specific ones, don't get me wrong!), but I don't have to be making these videos at all...but I figured I'd take requests so please remember to be kind even while joking around :)

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i%E2%80%99m-taking-requests%E2%80%A6if-anybody-wants-to-see-what-maxed-out-emulation-with-gfx-mods-and-4k60-or-120fps-video-looks-like-pok%C3%A9mon-sv-botw-inside.696193/#post-102593935

He's such a fucking bitch  :D

EDIT

Top of the page 1000 terabytes of memory

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: March 14, 2023, 11:58:55 PM by FUME5 »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #44521 on: March 14, 2023, 11:58:31 PM »
An entrepreneur?

FUME5

« Reply #44522 on: March 15, 2023, 12:00:56 AM »
He's not royalfat so I'm not completely across the nothing loud lore, I just have him down as a sloppy liposuctioned and rhinoplastied narcissist with a penchant for couples therapy and liking his poly partners to be young and desperate so they are beholden to him.

Am I missing anything?

Boredfrom

« Reply #44523 on: March 15, 2023, 12:10:50 AM »
Is pretty obvious that his husband hates his guts.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44524 on: March 15, 2023, 12:11:56 AM »
An entrepreneur?
Rent boys are business people bigot
Spud

Polident Hive

« Reply #44525 on: March 15, 2023, 12:19:44 AM »
Quote from: Helix
god I wish she was dead

Ree proving once again they're dangerous incels

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-58#post-102664897

To quote literature a few grades above their reading level:

You make the kill, but your pain doesn't die with Harvey, it grows. So you run out into the night to find another face, and another, and another, until one terrible morning you wake up and realize that revenge has become your whole life. And you won't know why. - Batman Forever (1995)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44526 on: March 15, 2023, 12:44:12 AM »
the puritans on the bore reported my picture to da mods  :drudge :cop :cop :drudge

I was banned for dismissing concerns of protected member  :reeeee

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44527 on: March 15, 2023, 12:47:49 AM »
wonka bars are 100% umpa lumpa slavery and 100% delicious  :delicious

Show us your wonka bar bb :shaq :drool
it's against the new TOS  ::)

supply was only meeting demand  :trumps
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 01:14:17 AM by team filler »

FUME5

« Reply #44528 on: March 15, 2023, 12:54:03 AM »
I mean, your bathroom was much cleaner than I expected.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #44529 on: March 15, 2023, 01:08:20 AM »
the puritans on the bore reported my picture to da mods  :drudge :cop :cop :drudge

I was banned for dismissing concerns of protected member  :reeeee
Come on, man, you already know the secretive scandal-ridden mods are out to get you for your bravely calling for their being banned.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44530 on: March 15, 2023, 01:13:31 AM »
same ones spamming the report button. same ones saved the picture  :bolo

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44531 on: March 15, 2023, 01:41:51 AM »
another day, another perma

https://www.resetera.com/threads/boys-club-attitude.697156/
Was laughing that i got modded cause of this dont even know what post set this off but im done with this shitty woke board you cant say anything without setting some stupid red flag so close this dont care i have a life i dont need to be here with kids the mods suck and are all cry babies

the fact that none of the soibois in this thread can even refute OP, so it's just a bunch of unfunny clapbacks. :fbm

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44532 on: March 15, 2023, 01:43:48 AM »
:fbm another day, another perma

Was laughing that i got modded cause of this dont even know what post set this off but im done with this shitty woke board you cant say anything without setting some stupid red flag so close this dont care i have a life i dont need to be here with kids the mods suck and are all cry babies
I understand his pain  :fbm

Boredfrom

« Reply #44533 on: March 15, 2023, 01:46:53 AM »
Most of trans era is too heartbroken by a) the situation surrounding Eden’s forced detransition and death and b) the lack of interest by era’s cis members in reading this thread or responding to it.

If you read the thread and don’t know what to say or how to respond, at least post that transphobia is wrong.

Just that much would at least help the trans members of the forum feel like the entire world isn’t against them. Seeing this thread fall off the first page of results within a day never to be seen again feels as threatening and dehumanizing as the news itself.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/her-name-was-eden-transgender-woman-takes-her-own-life-after-being-trafficked-and-de-transitioned-against-her-will-cw-suicide-trafficking.696913/page-2#post-102671518

I cannot believe how clueless RE is to believe this shit.

“Pay attention to us.” :six:

“But don’t say anything that contradict our point of view. Empty platitudes is good enough.”  :cat

TransEra are a bunch of narcissistic psychos that somehow brainwashed an entire forum in believing that pampering them is somehow good for their mental health.

Quote from: Morrigan
I never saw the thread until now, but thank you for bumping it. This is fucked up beyond anything I could really put words towards.

RIP Eden, you deserved better

Jesus, how pathetic…

But hey, I agree that Eden deserved better than using her death to get her psycho friends some internet points.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #44534 on: March 15, 2023, 07:05:05 AM »
I don't pay much attention to the console fanboys but this has to be a whole new level of desperate -

Its kinda highkey brilliant that Nintendo deliberately placed themselves a generation behind their contemporaries, huh?

That "I've lost my patience with graphics this gen" thread as well "the Nintendo ninjas got em" thread has me thinking and damn, it's kinda genius that they did this.

I know on an enthusiast forum like this it might not be popular but man there's a ton of upside.
Allows 3P to familiarize themselves with the technology, allows refinements to be made to processors, shaders and other tech, prices cheapen and then they basically hand off all the growing pains to Sony/Microsoft and 3P.

I'm seeing in that thread(not a tech guy at all) people calling out better tech(lumens vs rtx) and if they stay a gen behind, it'll probably be the better side of that kind of debate that they'll take advantage of when they finally do move up to something like parity.

Of course I know everyone doesn't have this luxury as everyone isn't a first party focused ecosystem but man, I gotta give a head nod to doing what works best for you.

Thoughts?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-kinda-highkey-brilliant-that-nintendo-deliberately-placed-themselves-a-generation-behind-their-contemporaries-huh.692707/

marrec

« Reply #44535 on: March 15, 2023, 08:11:17 AM »
Most of trans era is too heartbroken by a) the situation surrounding Eden’s forced detransition and death and b) the lack of interest by era’s cis members in reading this thread or responding to it.

If you read the thread and don’t know what to say or how to respond, at least post that transphobia is wrong.

Just that much would at least help the trans members of the forum feel like the entire world isn’t against them. Seeing this thread fall off the first page of results within a day never to be seen again feels as threatening and dehumanizing as the news itself.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/her-name-was-eden-transgender-woman-takes-her-own-life-after-being-trafficked-and-de-transitioned-against-her-will-cw-suicide-trafficking.696913/page-2#post-102671518

I cannot believe how clueless RE is to believe this shit.

“Pay attention to us.” :six:

“But don’t say anything that contradict our point of view. Empty platitudes is good enough.”  :cat

TransEra are a bunch of narcissistic psychos that somehow brainwashed an entire forum in believing that pampering them is somehow good for their mental health.

Quote from: Morrigan
I never saw the thread until now, but thank you for bumping it. This is fucked up beyond anything I could really put words towards.

RIP Eden, you deserved better

Jesus, how pathetic…

But hey, I agree that Eden deserved better than using her death to get her psycho friends some internet points.

ERA is in an abusive relationship with a handful of trans posters  :cry

Snoopycat_

« Reply #44536 on: March 15, 2023, 08:20:05 AM »
Why does the community we've harassed, bullied and emotionally blackmailed avoid us? It's a bit of a puzzler innit

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #44537 on: March 15, 2023, 08:25:17 AM »
wonka bars are 100% umpa lumpa slavery and 100% delicious  :delicious

Show us your wonka bar bb :shaq :drool
it's against the new TOS  ::)

supply was only meeting demand  :trumps

I only saw the post because it was quoted and the genius mods didn’t delete that :neogaf

Sorry for accidentally baiting you bb, I was wondering if you left us again :stahp

spoiler (click to show/hide)
But I’ll victim blame you and ask what did you expect by posting that shit? :lol
[close]
Margs

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44538 on: March 15, 2023, 08:36:24 AM »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #44539 on: March 15, 2023, 08:52:39 AM »
Found footage of Filler getting banned

https://twitter.com/ohshidt/status/1635813699221966848

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44540 on: March 15, 2023, 09:28:11 AM »
Let the man wipe his arse for fuck's sake!!
Spud

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #44541 on: March 15, 2023, 09:58:54 AM »
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44542 on: March 15, 2023, 10:02:08 AM »
another day, another perma

the fact that none of the soibois in this thread can even refute OP, so it's just a bunch of unfunny clapbacks. :fbm

https://www.resetera.com/threads/march-wrasslin-ot-return-of-honor.692272/page-7#post-102329176

:cop User Banned (1 Week): Boys Club Behaviour
Quote from:  Classicrock78
Ugh so are they going to split this team,and side note when did baylee butt get so big?
(Image removed from quote.)
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44543 on: March 15, 2023, 11:02:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-58#post-102658123

Quote from: Dracil
So I've heard that thing about her saying that buying her products = agreeing with her. But I've not seen the actual quote for that and I've been trying to look for it for a while now. Closest I've found is the wiping away tears with her royalty checks but that's still not the same thing.

Dismissing Concerns
 :isthis
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #44544 on: March 15, 2023, 11:08:29 AM »
god I wish she was dead

https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-and-her-legacy-of-hate-the-uk-gender-critical-movement.643740/page-58#post-102664897
The day this woman croaks will be one of the most beautiful moments of this world.
They really loathe women.

Yulwei

« Reply #44545 on: March 15, 2023, 11:45:26 AM »
Quote from: infinitebento
so…. its come to this.

frankly, ive given up.

ive been a part of this community since neogaf

some of you may remember when i was 21 asking for advice on pursuing my career as a chef.

i did that thanks to everyone who helped me get there in this community.

i moved to chicago, i worked in michelin restaurants, was eventually the sous to a james beard winner, went on to be a pastry chef and cdc of a one michelin restaurant myself.

covid changed everything. i lost my one michelin position, the highest ive ever gotten, and since then i have not been able to find my footing.

i work in a bakery now. barely pulling $1200 a paycheck, working 50 hour weeks, my shift’s starting at 3am (sometimes earlier). no benefits whatsoever. working as a sous so i dont even get to make my own work anymore. i make fucking chocolate cake and cinnamon buns and thats about it. my skills go to waste.

i have no motivation to be here. my career has gone stagnant. moving to a new city isnt an option as i cant afford the move. a career pivot isnt an option either as i have no degree or experience with anything but cooking/pastry. i blew the last of my minuscule savings on doing a popup with hopes doing my own work would push me to where i want to go since a lot of chefs have been doing that and it flopped. i have 5k credit card debt i cant catch up on because my rent is too high and whats left is split into so many bills im lucky to have anything left for food, maybe the occasional cup of coffee or pastry. my finances only get worse as time goes on. my credit has tanked too. i cant get on unemployment as i was unemployed after losing my job and that exhausted my benefits as i tried to find a new job that could pay rent. im out of options.

i am constantly consumed by anxiety about my circumstances. pair this with the fact that i have severe ptsd from childhood trauma, being raped as an adult, being abused in relationships. i isolate myself because its easier. i find very little meaning in anything anymore. i dont have parents so i cant go home, recover mentally, maybe pivot, then start over. im stuck on my own and feeling helpless.

i keep trying to find reasons to be here. to stay. “people love you” isnt enough.

i watch people around me working 9 to 5, making twice or three times the salary, having weekends off to live their life. and all i can think is i chose the wrong career. i thought if i worked long hours, pushed hard, i would some day get to where i can have that too but thats never going to happen. i wanted to open my own dessert bar and that was it but as the years have gone on, ive lost hope entirely. i will never get there and even if i do, it wont give me the life i want. i dont think being a chef was ever going to. i was naive thinking i could do something with this. i made dumb choices thinking i knew better and could push myself to make my dreams happen by taking risks and those risks only cost me. i am pretty fucking dumb.

so i dont know what im posting this for.
i expect ill get dogpiled for my naivety.
maybe im posting to feel less alone? i dont know.
idk what else to do but spew my guts on the internet.
im so tired, everyone. i just want to sleep. i’m sorry.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kms.697333/

:holeup

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #44546 on: March 15, 2023, 11:45:27 AM »
god I wish she was dead

The day this woman croaks will be one of the most beautiful moments of this world.
They really loathe women.

It was interesting how they didn't care to make a thread about international women's day 👀

marrec

« Reply #44547 on: March 15, 2023, 12:24:25 PM »
so…. its come to this.

frankly, ive given up.

some of you may remember when i was 21 asking for advice on pursuing my career as a chef.

i moved to chicago, i worked in michelin restaurants, was eventually the sous to a james beard winner, went on to be a pastry chef and cdc of a one michelin restaurant myself.

covid changed everything. i lost my one michelin position, the highest ive ever gotten, and since then i have not been able to find my footing.

i work in a bakery now. barely pulling $1200 a paycheck, working 50 hour weeks, my shift’s starting at 3am (sometimes earlier). no benefits whatsoever. working as a sous so i dont even get to make my own work anymore. i make fucking chocolate cake and cinnamon buns and thats about it. my skills go to waste.

i have no motivation to be here. my career has gone stagnant. moving to a new city isnt an option as i cant afford the move. a career pivot isnt an option either as i have no degree or experience with anything but cooking/pastry. i blew the last of my minuscule savings on doing a popup with hopes doing my own work would push me to where i want to go since a lot of chefs have been doing that and it flopped. i have 5k credit card debt i cant catch up on because my rent is too high and whats left is split into so many bills im lucky to have anything left for food, maybe the occasional cup of coffee or pastry. my finances only get worse as time goes on. my credit has tanked too. i cant get on unemployment as i was unemployed after losing my job and that exhausted my benefits as i tried to find a new job that could pay rent. im out of options.

i am constantly consumed by anxiety about my circumstances. pair this with the fact that i have severe ptsd from childhood trauma, being raped as an adult, being abused in relationships. i isolate myself because its easier. i find very little meaning in anything anymore. i dont have parents so i cant go home, recover mentally, maybe pivot, then start over. im stuck on my own and feeling helpless.

i keep trying to find reasons to be here. to stay. “people love you” isnt enough.

i watch people around me working 9 to 5, making twice or three times the salary, having weekends off to live their life. and all i can think is i chose the wrong career. i thought if i worked long hours, pushed hard, i would some day get to where i can have that too but thats never going to happen. i wanted to open my own dessert bar and that was it but as the years have gone on, ive lost hope entirely. i will never get there and even if i do, it wont give me the life i want. i dont think being a chef was ever going to. i was naive thinking i could do something with this. i made dumb choices thinking i knew better and could push myself to make my dreams happen by taking risks and those risks only cost me. i am pretty fucking dumb.

If you end up reading this Bento I always thought you were cool and don't want you to kys. We're all getting older and that can create feelings of isolation if our social circles shrink while the world feels like it's passing us by, ERA can magnify those feelings by bathing you in negativity and aggression.

Despite the snickering comments here and the, rarely, outright bigotry, the Bore is a much more positive community despite the fascist mods banning Filler once a year.

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #44548 on: March 15, 2023, 12:25:20 PM »
They had one lady gaming protags tho  :ufup

Superstar

« Reply #44549 on: March 15, 2023, 12:29:25 PM »
so…. its come to this.

frankly, ive given up.

If his resume is that impressive and he's in Chicago, there would be a million restaurants that would roll the red carpet out. I don't mean that to come off as snarky either

marrec

« Reply #44550 on: March 15, 2023, 12:37:47 PM »
so…. its come to this.

frankly, ive given up.

If his resume is that impressive and he's in Chicago, there would be a million restaurants that would roll the red carpet out.

Can confirm her resume is impressive, overqualified people end up working shit jobs all the time though, usually due to personal circumstances. I ain't talked to Bento in a few years so I dunno what's going on day to day for her to be stuck in that job. Chicago being the major restaurant town it is, hard to imagine she'd be unable to find a better opportunity eventually.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44551 on: March 15, 2023, 12:55:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-are-some-big-realizations-youve-had-recently.696994/#post-102654418

Quote from: Osu 16 Bit
I just found out Mongolia was a country this week. I thought Mongolia and Mongolians referred to like, a particular era of ancient China.
OBE

Yulwei

« Reply #44552 on: March 15, 2023, 01:00:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-are-some-big-realizations-youve-had-recently.696994/#post-102654418

Quote from: Osu 16 Bit
I just found out Mongolia was a country this week. I thought Mongolia and Mongolians referred to like, a particular era of ancient China.

Profile says she is 41 years old

:snoop

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44553 on: March 15, 2023, 01:02:47 PM »
there's some motherfucker on Ree who's mentioned he just got gifted a 4090 in like 30 posts across the last two weeks and keeps on posting pictures of his new rig and I want to fucking slap him.

Yes, I am jealous. :juchesad

Himu

« Reply #44554 on: March 15, 2023, 01:06:49 PM »
How are you doing, Greatness Gone?
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #44555 on: March 15, 2023, 01:09:47 PM »
so…. its come to this.

frankly, ive given up.

This is really heartbreaking. Bento you're a sweet heart. Please don't do anything drastic, get the help you need, and don't give up!
IYKYK

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44556 on: March 15, 2023, 01:20:46 PM »
How are you doing, Greatness Gone?
bad, did you not see my 4090 post? i hate being a consoomer.
so…. its come to this.

frankly, ive given up.

idk how you can work for a james beard winner and then be indefinitely stuck in a shit job in chicago of all places. it sounds like she has some personality problems that make her hard to hire, but I hope things get better for her. her baking posts inspired me to try out some recipes for like a day until I got tired of it.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44557 on: March 15, 2023, 01:39:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/2600-pages-of-hate-a-collection-of-leaked-emails-from-anti-trans-expert-witnesses-right-wing-lawmakers-and-conservative-legal-groups.694663/page-4#post-102694366

Quote from: Cenauru
Quote from: Raftina
The Eden tragedy is essentially what these right-wing activists are working toward, just with different religions and governments involved.
Yup, it's their ultimate goal. Forcibly detransition us and force us back in the closet, or kill ourselves before they kill us.

Thing is, some of these changes are permanent. They're not gonna just "go away", we don't just go back into the closet and become cis again. We'll still be othered until we're killed. And they want that.
OBE

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44558 on: March 15, 2023, 01:46:15 PM »
the fact that they are incorporating a real person's suffering (and unique circumstances unlikely to be the norm for trans people) into their ongoing dystopian fantasy is sickening. none of these people are citizens of saudi arabia or under the threat of the American government forcibly de-transitioning them.

« Reply #44559 on: March 15, 2023, 01:57:40 PM »
People in the bento thread legitimately trying to get her in touch with people who might be able to help her out is a rare bright spot in the Era community--no idea if they'll actually be able to help, but it's people actually involving themselves and their contacts to help which beats 95% of era threads.

TacoWallace

« Reply #44560 on: March 15, 2023, 02:03:36 PM »
so…. its come to this.

frankly, ive given up.

If his resume is that impressive and he's in Chicago, there would be a million restaurants that would roll the red carpet out. I don't mean that to come off as snarky either

It's Horse Detective's fault for broadcasting their relationship on GAF all those years ago. Background checks are tough to beat these days. Also, the thread is gone?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44561 on: March 15, 2023, 02:47:45 PM »
the fact that they are incorporating a real person's suffering (and unique circumstances unlikely to be the norm for trans people) into their ongoing dystopian fantasy is sickening. none of these people are citizens of saudi arabia or under the threat of the American government forcibly de-transitioning them.

A lot of retweets 'spreading the word' have a real 'christian woman fired for wearing a cross at work' energy

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #44562 on: March 15, 2023, 03:00:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jenna-ortega-initially-didnt-want-to-play-in-wednesday-opposed-a-lot-of-the-dialogue-and-had-to-start-changing-lines-on-set.697360/#post-102691855

Quote from: plagiarize, post: 102690313, member: 1940
Everyone that hasn't seen Dora needs to incidentally.

Quote from: SpankyDoodle, post: 102691351, member: 1832
Dora? As in The Explorer? Or some other Dora, I just looked at her IMDB and don’t see anything about Dora?

Quote from: plagiarize, post: 102691855, member: 1940
Totally thought she played the lead in the movie. LOL. I see I was very wrong.

A mod thinks that all Latinxs look the same :kermit
Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #44563 on: March 15, 2023, 03:05:13 PM »
Thinking about you Bento.  Setup a gofund me and I'll chip in to pay off the debt.

marrec

« Reply #44564 on: March 15, 2023, 03:23:39 PM »
People in the bento thread legitimately trying to get her in touch with people who might be able to help her out is a rare bright spot in the Era community--no idea if they'll actually be able to help, but it's people actually involving themselves and their contacts to help which beats 95% of era threads.

That's cause Bento spent, what... a decade now, building good will among users of GAF and then ERA and didn't treat that message board as anything but a message board. She didn't use GAF/ERA as a base for activism or bully users into silence and compliance. Community building SHOULD look like this, where someone can spill their emotional guts at their darkest moments and people will have actual constructive conversations that may even include challenging your initial assumptions.

SmokyDave

« Reply #44565 on: March 15, 2023, 03:35:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/animation-vfx-youtubers-corridor-crew-trained-an-ai-to-convert-their-live-action-footage-into-animation-what-do-you-think-of-the-results.691309/page-21#post-102665476

Quote from: CrossingEden
Your argument is currently “these things are tangentially related so everything concerning AI is ok despite how meany issues a worldwide audience have with B”

And that brings me to the very next question. Can you actually shut up? Followed by, do you not have th self awareness to stop “well actually”ing the collective worldview concerning a topic involving a specific subset of jobs you don’t fucking work in? SHUT. UP. Fucking hell. No seriously, how many times do I have to tell the calvacade circlejerk of AI chuds which you're apart of mind you that I don't give a fuck about your opinion. Stop fucking talking to me about my own goddamn profession and the theoretical benefits of your "well I, uncreatively, just steal this art and press this button. because I have no fucking artistic voice.." Stay in your fucking lane. It's so fucking easy to not fucking gaslight people. Like deadass so fucking easy to shut up instead of going "Well actually i'm doing you guys a favor aren't I making your job easier" Stop talking dude. I am telling you. I do NOT consent to this fucking discussion because this is not a debate. I do not consent to me, who corrently works in my work field on the fucking daily and the many people who spent just as many years training as I did to work having their job replaced by a button click. I do not consider the fucking shit you're stanning to be a favor to us nor even to TO YOU. Because I don't give a flying fuck about the voice of fake artists. Shut up. And fucking listen. Stop talking to me.

And frankly as a POC, doubly shut up and stop quoting outdated laws to me. You keep including "Well actually the laws say" as if that's a gotha.

I really hope AI can figure out a way to punch this cunt in the throat.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44566 on: March 15, 2023, 03:40:11 PM »
Quote from: Sign My Guestbook!
Ran into more pro-AI folks today. Amazing how many of them are just greedy, bitter sociopaths who see hypocrisy as the main gameplay feature of existence. I’m sure there are responsible folks out there but it might as well be a cult with how uniform these viewpoints are.

:lol :dead

"ran into more pro-automobile folks today"

"ran into more pro-modem folks today"
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #44567 on: March 15, 2023, 03:43:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/animation-vfx-youtubers-corridor-crew-trained-an-ai-to-convert-their-live-action-footage-into-animation-what-do-you-think-of-the-results.691309/page-21#post-102665476

Your argument is currently “these things are tangentially related so everything concerning AI is ok despite how meany issues a worldwide audience have with B”

And that brings me to the very next question. Can you actually shut up? Followed by, do you not have th self awareness to stop “well actually”ing the collective worldview concerning a topic involving a specific subset of jobs you don’t fucking work in? SHUT. UP. Fucking hell. No seriously, how many times do I have to tell the calvacade circlejerk of AI chuds which you're apart of mind you that I don't give a fuck about your opinion. Stop fucking talking to me about my own goddamn profession and the theoretical benefits of your "well I, uncreatively, just steal this art and press this button. because I have no fucking artistic voice.." Stay in your fucking lane. It's so fucking easy to not fucking gaslight people. Like deadass so fucking easy to shut up instead of going "Well actually i'm doing you guys a favor aren't I making your job easier" Stop talking dude. I am telling you. I do NOT consent to this fucking discussion because this is not a debate. I do not consent to me, who corrently works in my work field on the fucking daily and the many people who spent just as many years training as I did to work having their job replaced by a button click. I do not consider the fucking shit you're stanning to be a favor to us nor even to TO YOU. Because I don't give a flying fuck about the voice of fake artists. Shut up. And fucking listen. Stop talking to me.

And frankly as a POC, doubly shut up and stop quoting outdated laws to me. You keep including "Well actually the laws say" as if that's a gotha.

They are doing a whole lot of talking for not consenting to the discussion

Propagandhim

« Reply #44568 on: March 15, 2023, 03:45:40 PM »

Gotta love the kick-the-ladder mentality of this POC in a first world country who thinks they're owed a paycheck by forcibly hoarding over and coveting a technology that would even the playing field in emerging market nations, and then uses their identity, inexplicably, as a justification for that.

I do not consent to me, who corrently works in my work field on the fucking daily and the many people who spent just as many years training as I did to work having their job replaced by a button click.

The truth is: Projects will be done quicker.  Bigger projects will be able to be tackled with fewer people, diversifying talent across a company.  Projects that are prohibitively expensive will now be in reach. Things that used to take 5 years will now take 3.  The frontier for what's possible will now expand.  And people all across the globe will now more easily contribute.  Coding jobs will transform in nature and mode but will still be well-paying jobs.   But, I rather enjoy this person panicking, so don't tell them that.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44569 on: March 15, 2023, 03:49:52 PM »
I searched for "come and see the violence inherent in the system gif" to respond to that and this showed up

:vr
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #44570 on: March 15, 2023, 03:52:00 PM »

Gotta love the kick-the-ladder mentality of this POC in a first world country who thinks they're owed a paycheck by forcibly hoarding over and coveting a technology that would even the playing field in emerging market nations, and then uses their identity, inexplicably, as a justification for that.

I do not consent to me, who corrently works in my work field on the fucking daily and the many people who spent just as many years training as I did to work having their job replaced by a button click.

The truth is: Projects will be done quicker.  Bigger projects will be able to be tackled with fewer people, diversifying talent across a company.  Projects that are prohibitively expensive will now be in reach. Things that used to take 5 years will now take 3.  The frontier for what's possible will now expand.  And people all across the globe will now more easily contribute.  Coding jobs will transform in nature and mode but will still be well-paying jobs.   But, I rather enjoy this person panicking, so don't tell them that.

I understand the plight of artists who are afraid that "AI" will at some point supplant them in the thing they get paid for but I also don't understand why most of these people have such limited imagination as to believe the workflow is going to be practically that different, even if substantively it is unrecognizable.

I'm already using GPT APIs in my workflow and all it's done is improve my productivity.

Propagandhim

« Reply #44571 on: March 15, 2023, 03:52:31 PM »
Ran into more pro-AI folks today. Amazing how many of them are just greedy, bitter sociopaths who see hypocrisy as the main gameplay feature of existence. I’m sure there are responsible folks out there but it might as well be a cult with how uniform these viewpoints are.

High-dimensionality datasets and advances in high-performance computing with deep learning AI is transforming oncology research, not to mention advances in imaging for preventative care and speed of diagnosis.  Better health outcomes and better research in the future.  Like our only hope to cure cancer?  AI-guided clinical care has the potential to play an important role in reducing health disparities, particularly in poor areas of nations and the world at large?

FuuuUuuuUck OfFfFff Pro-AI sociopaths.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44572 on: March 15, 2023, 03:54:56 PM »
yeah at some point we're just going to be able to ask AI to solve some complex issue that has been unsolved for centuries and due to its ability to collate and draw conclusions between all known information it'll be like "oh yeah just do this"

is this how we solved the roman concrete thing? did somebody just ask ChatGPT?
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #44573 on: March 15, 2023, 03:55:09 PM »

High-dimensionality datasets and advances in high-performance computing with deep learning AI is transforming oncology research, not to mention advances in imaging for preventative care and speed of diagnosis.  Better health outcomes and better research in the future.  Like our only hope to cure cancer?  AI-guided clinical care has the potential to play an important role in reducing health disparities, particularly in poor areas of nations and the world at large?

FuuuUuuuUck OfFfFff Pro-AI people.

Sure but can AI respond to that one trans thread on ERA appropriately?

marrec

« Reply #44574 on: March 15, 2023, 03:57:40 PM »
yeah at some point we're just going to be able to ask AI to solve some complex issue that has been unsolved for centuries and due to its ability to collate and draw conclusions between all known information it'll be like "oh yeah just do this"

The amount of time I used to spend building these little discrete SQL queries and then massaging the data to meet my specific one off needs

vs

Asking an AI in natural language to fetch what I want

One of these options makes you a greedy, bitter sociopath but it's not the one you think.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #44575 on: March 15, 2023, 04:01:46 PM »
If some basic ass AI is already better at doing art than you, I don't think it's the AI you need to worry about.

marrec

« Reply #44576 on: March 15, 2023, 04:03:51 PM »

Sorry bro

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #44577 on: March 15, 2023, 04:07:53 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Sorry bro

I wonder how long it'll take for some "unrated" AI to appear that'll happily answer important questions like this

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 09:46:50 PM by team filler »

Boredfrom

« Reply #44579 on: March 15, 2023, 05:08:43 PM »

The amount of time I used to spend building these little discrete SQL queries and then massaging the data to meet my specific one off needs

vs

Asking an AI in natural language to fetch what I want

One of these options makes you a greedy, bitter sociopath but it's not the one you think.

Both?