Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1827503 times)

Greatness Gone

Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #44580 on: March 15, 2023, 05:28:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/james-gunn-officially-suits-up-to-direct-%E2%80%98superman-legacy%E2%80%99.697486/page-3#post-102705994
Quote from: Starphanluke, post: 102705994, member: 33174
Honestly, I feel like a surefire way to make an interesting new take on Superman's origin that feels authentic and modern would've been to hire a queer writer and director.

I'm not saying make Superman gay, but having talent behind the camera with real experience in "desperately hiding a part of yourself in order to fit in to small-town America, while simultaneously trying to subtly embrace that part of your identity in secret" could have made something special. But who knows. I'll give Gunn the benefit of the doubt.

:snore

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44581 on: March 15, 2023, 05:45:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/james-gunn-officially-suits-up-to-direct-%E2%80%98superman-legacy%E2%80%99.697486/page-3#post-102705994
Honestly, I feel like a surefire way to make an interesting new take on Superman's origin that feels authentic and modern would've been to hire a queer writer and director.

I'm not saying make Superman gay, but having talent behind the camera with real experience in "desperately hiding a part of yourself in order to fit in to small-town America, while simultaneously trying to subtly embrace that part of your identity in secret" could have made something special. But who knows. I'll give Gunn the benefit of the doubt.

What if Gunn is secretly gay?

What if the gay director was never in the closet?

What if Gunn is secretly a Christian and a Republican and keeps it private to stop the lunatic left from trying to cancel him?
Spud

Polident Hive

« Reply #44582 on: March 15, 2023, 06:00:22 PM »

What if Gunn is secretly a Christian and a Republican and keeps it private to stop the lunatic left from trying to cancel him?

Well… :hitler

Boredfrom

« Reply #44583 on: March 15, 2023, 06:05:59 PM »
Superman’s son is already covering the Tumblr fetish niche.   :yeshrug (his love interest already had pink hair)

Wonder Woman is an Amazon, so she get a free pass. The ball is in Bruce Wayne and his family. :bolo

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44584 on: March 15, 2023, 06:06:32 PM »

There is no need to do "what ifs" when he has several years worth of pedophile adjacent posts on Twitter that Ree and other spastic lefties already forgave him for since he makes media they like. He is uncancelable.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 06:11:26 PM by Greatness Gone »

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #44585 on: March 15, 2023, 06:07:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/animation-vfx-youtubers-corridor-crew-trained-an-ai-to-convert-their-live-action-footage-into-animation-what-do-you-think-of-the-results.691309/page-21#post-102665476

Quote from: CrossingEden
Your argument is currently “these things are tangentially related so everything concerning AI is ok despite how meany issues a worldwide audience have with B”

And that brings me to the very next question. Can you actually shut up? Followed by, do you not have th self awareness to stop “well actually”ing the collective worldview concerning a topic involving a specific subset of jobs you don’t fucking work in? SHUT. UP. Fucking hell. No seriously, how many times do I have to tell the calvacade circlejerk of AI chuds which you're apart of mind you that I don't give a fuck about your opinion. Stop fucking talking to me about my own goddamn profession and the theoretical benefits of your "well I, uncreatively, just steal this art and press this button. because I have no fucking artistic voice.." Stay in your fucking lane. It's so fucking easy to not fucking gaslight people. Like deadass so fucking easy to shut up instead of going "Well actually i'm doing you guys a favor aren't I making your job easier" Stop talking dude. I am telling you. I do NOT consent to this fucking discussion because this is not a debate. I do not consent to me, who corrently works in my work field on the fucking daily and the many people who spent just as many years training as I did to work having their job replaced by a button click. I do not consider the fucking shit you're stanning to be a favor to us nor even to TO YOU. Because I don't give a flying fuck about the voice of fake artists. Shut up. And fucking listen. Stop talking to me.

And frankly as a POC, doubly shut up and stop quoting outdated laws to me. You keep including "Well actually the laws say" as if that's a gotha.

I really hope AI can figure out a way to punch this cunt in the throat.

(Image removed from quote.)

Sorry bro

Yeah right, sure, hmm hmm, OK Skynet.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #44586 on: March 15, 2023, 06:08:05 PM »
:clap Make :clap Superman :clap Suck :clap A :clap Dick :clap
Margs

Boredfrom

« Reply #44587 on: March 15, 2023, 06:10:10 PM »
Apollo and Midnighter also covering for Superman and Batman.

NekoFever

« Reply #44588 on: March 15, 2023, 06:11:56 PM »
If you read the thread and don’t know what to say or how to respond, at least post that transphobia is wrong.

I love this because it captures so much of why Era is like it is.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #44589 on: March 15, 2023, 06:12:35 PM »

Well given that aside from Snyder's Justice League, all the DC movies having been doing that already... might as well go overt.

:takei

BrokenVerses

« Reply #44590 on: March 15, 2023, 06:12:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/animation-vfx-youtubers-corridor-crew-trained-an-ai-to-convert-their-live-action-footage-into-animation-what-do-you-think-of-the-results.691309/page-21#post-102665476

Your argument is currently “these things are tangentially related so everything concerning AI is ok despite how meany issues a worldwide audience have with B”

And that brings me to the very next question. Can you actually shut up? Followed by, do you not have th self awareness to stop “well actually”ing the collective worldview concerning a topic involving a specific subset of jobs you don’t fucking work in? SHUT. UP. Fucking hell. No seriously, how many times do I have to tell the calvacade circlejerk of AI chuds which you're apart of mind you that I don't give a fuck about your opinion. Stop fucking talking to me about my own goddamn profession and the theoretical benefits of your "well I, uncreatively, just steal this art and press this button. because I have no fucking artistic voice.." Stay in your fucking lane. It's so fucking easy to not fucking gaslight people. Like deadass so fucking easy to shut up instead of going "Well actually i'm doing you guys a favor aren't I making your job easier" Stop talking dude. I am telling you. I do NOT consent to this fucking discussion because this is not a debate. I do not consent to me, who corrently works in my work field on the fucking daily and the many people who spent just as many years training as I did to work having their job replaced by a button click. I do not consider the fucking shit you're stanning to be a favor to us nor even to TO YOU. Because I don't give a flying fuck about the voice of fake artists. Shut up. And fucking listen. Stop talking to me.

And frankly as a POC, doubly shut up and stop quoting outdated laws to me. You keep including "Well actually the laws say" as if that's a gotha.

Gotta love the kick-the-ladder mentality of this POC in a first world country who thinks they're owed a paycheck by forcibly hoarding over and coveting a technology that would even the playing field in emerging market nations, and then uses their identity, inexplicably, as a justification for that.

I do not consent to me, who corrently works in my work field on the fucking daily and the many people who spent just as many years training as I did to work having their job replaced by a button click.

The truth is: Projects will be done quicker.  Bigger projects will be able to be tackled with fewer people, diversifying talent across a company.  Projects that are prohibitively expensive will now be in reach. Things that used to take 5 years will now take 3.  The frontier for what's possible will now expand.  And people all across the globe will now more easily contribute.  Coding jobs will transform in nature and mode but will still be well-paying jobs.   But, I rather enjoy this person panicking, so don't tell them that.

Serious question. Isn't it possible that one of the first things AI will be replacing is a lot of the low-end work that is currently outsourced across the globe in software development and IT? At least before it replaces more involved roles.

Life goes on regardless.

Boredfrom

« Reply #44591 on: March 15, 2023, 06:14:54 PM »
Miracleman/Marvelman is bisexual, so much that triggered his old sidekick.

Gay Superman is as cliche as evil Superman.  :letsfukk

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #44592 on: March 15, 2023, 06:21:44 PM »
Miracleman/Marvelman is bisexual, so much that triggered his old sidekick.

Gay Superman is as cliche as evil Superman.  :letsfukk

Of course you would compare gay Superman with evil Superman. You ain’t slick :gamergate

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44593 on: March 15, 2023, 06:21:48 PM »

Well given that aside from Snyder's Justice League, all the DC movies having been doing that already... might as well go overt.

:takei
The Batman and Aquaman were both kino in different ways, chud! :steiner

Propagandhim

« Reply #44594 on: March 15, 2023, 06:41:18 PM »

Gotta love the kick-the-ladder mentality of this POC in a first world country who thinks they're owed a paycheck by forcibly hoarding over and coveting a technology that would even the playing field in emerging market nations, and then uses their identity, inexplicably, as a justification for that.

I do not consent to me, who corrently works in my work field on the fucking daily and the many people who spent just as many years training as I did to work having their job replaced by a button click.

The truth is: Projects will be done quicker.  Bigger projects will be able to be tackled with fewer people, diversifying talent across a company.  Projects that are prohibitively expensive will now be in reach. Things that used to take 5 years will now take 3.  The frontier for what's possible will now expand.  And people all across the globe will now more easily contribute.  Coding jobs will transform in nature and mode but will still be well-paying jobs.   But, I rather enjoy this person panicking, so don't tell them that.

Serious question. Isn't it possible that one of the first things AI will be replacing is a lot of the low-end work that is currently outsourced across the globe in software development and IT? At least before it replaces more involved roles.

Life goes on regardless.

IMO:  What will be considered "low-end" work will be transformed, sped up and be of more use and higher quality to local and foreign economies.  What will be interesting is how poorer nations grow with technology that was once prohibitive to their ecosystem.  If you're in a $1000 gpd/capita country, the liability of learning how to code in React for a website that services a local economy that doesn't have much use for it and wouldn't yield much for the effort, time, resource, and talent while you're struggling to stay alive in difficult conditions is great.  But if you could do something serviceable quickly and with ease for the mason next door that would impact his business in a positive way?  If you could interface with foreign clients that require simple solutions,but do it in a more standardized and streamlined way, a corporation will have to decide if they want a competitive edge by using people to do new things that they couldn't do before with AI.  Sure, they can simply outsource low-end work to automated AI, but the drive to compete and innovate has always lead to utilizing human talent working with technology.  Maybe things could be different, and we're at the ceiling of innovative use of human beings, but if that were the case, we would see that phenomenon generalize across all industries.    In this sense, jobs would be transformative to local and foreign economies but also be considered 'low-end' at the same time - the bigger, more complex projects will still require financing and expertise, but low-end work would now provide value that it didn't before.   Imagining what art could be like with AI is one thing, imagining what it could be like with a very talented person working with the technology is another.  I don't see why the artist would become extraneous just because we can't imagine what innovation looks like in this field and what emerging use-cases comes about in competitive fields.

Polident Hive

« Reply #44595 on: March 15, 2023, 06:42:19 PM »
Unironically, a stable mature relationship would be subversive for superhero movies. Same shit in all these movies: goofy man-child and mom-girlfriend who wears pants and rolls her eyes.

Although shout out to Deadpool for getting pegged. And Venom, for Tom Hardy x Tom Hardy romance.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #44596 on: March 15, 2023, 06:53:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-last-of-us-hbo-series-season-1-show-only-ot-endure-and-survive-no-game-references-or-spoilers.674746/page-117#post-102586027

:cop User Banned (1 week): Inappropriate point of comparison
Quote from: RandomSeed
Quote from: Cerulean_skylark
Ellie would want to sacrifice herself.
Where are you getting this from? Seems like a butt pull to me. I don't mean to be gross, but it's like someone getting sexually assaulted and saying well they actually liked that person that did it. What?
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44597 on: March 15, 2023, 06:56:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/exactly-10-years-after-its-release-the-ffx-remaster-is-catching-fire-on-twitter-for-having-ruined-the-character-faces.696439/page-4#post-102587650

:cop User Banned (2 Week): Ableist Slur
Quote from: the magical kitsune
Hey twitter, what year is it?

Anyway yeah, SE's handling of the older final fantasies used to be so poor I was always inclined to say "just play the originals" to anyone asking which version of the FFs to play. Every re-release was gimped in some way or another. Now this has been mostly mitigated with the pixel remasters at least.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

OBE

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #44599 on: March 15, 2023, 07:04:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/exactly-10-years-after-its-release-the-ffx-remaster-is-catching-fire-on-twitter-for-having-ruined-the-character-faces.696439/page-4#post-102587650

Anyway yeah, SE's handling of the older final fantasies used to be so poor I was always inclined to say "just play the originals" to anyone asking which version of the FFs to play. Every re-release was gimped in some way or another. Now this has been mostly mitigated with the pixel remasters at least.

??  What ableist slur?

FUME5

« Reply #44600 on: March 15, 2023, 07:19:35 PM »
Quote from: infinitebento
so…. its come to this.

frankly, ive given up.

ive been a part of this community since neogaf

some of you may remember when i was 21 asking for advice on pursuing my career as a chef.

i did that thanks to everyone who helped me get there in this community.

i moved to chicago, i worked in michelin restaurants, was eventually the sous to a james beard winner, went on to be a pastry chef and cdc of a one michelin restaurant myself.

covid changed everything. i lost my one michelin position, the highest ive ever gotten, and since then i have not been able to find my footing.

i work in a bakery now. barely pulling $1200 a paycheck, working 50 hour weeks, my shift’s starting at 3am (sometimes earlier). no benefits whatsoever. working as a sous so i dont even get to make my own work anymore. i make fucking chocolate cake and cinnamon buns and thats about it. my skills go to waste.

i have no motivation to be here. my career has gone stagnant. moving to a new city isnt an option as i cant afford the move. a career pivot isnt an option either as i have no degree or experience with anything but cooking/pastry. i blew the last of my minuscule savings on doing a popup with hopes doing my own work would push me to where i want to go since a lot of chefs have been doing that and it flopped. i have 5k credit card debt i cant catch up on because my rent is too high and whats left is split into so many bills im lucky to have anything left for food, maybe the occasional cup of coffee or pastry. my finances only get worse as time goes on. my credit has tanked too. i cant get on unemployment as i was unemployed after losing my job and that exhausted my benefits as i tried to find a new job that could pay rent. im out of options.

i am constantly consumed by anxiety about my circumstances. pair this with the fact that i have severe ptsd from childhood trauma, being raped as an adult, being abused in relationships. i isolate myself because its easier. i find very little meaning in anything anymore. i dont have parents so i cant go home, recover mentally, maybe pivot, then start over. im stuck on my own and feeling helpless.

i keep trying to find reasons to be here. to stay. “people love you” isnt enough.

i watch people around me working 9 to 5, making twice or three times the salary, having weekends off to live their life. and all i can think is i chose the wrong career. i thought if i worked long hours, pushed hard, i would some day get to where i can have that too but thats never going to happen. i wanted to open my own dessert bar and that was it but as the years have gone on, ive lost hope entirely. i will never get there and even if i do, it wont give me the life i want. i dont think being a chef was ever going to. i was naive thinking i could do something with this. i made dumb choices thinking i knew better and could push myself to make my dreams happen by taking risks and those risks only cost me. i am pretty fucking dumb.

so i dont know what im posting this for.
i expect ill get dogpiled for my naivety.
maybe im posting to feel less alone? i dont know.
idk what else to do but spew my guts on the internet.
im so tired, everyone. i just want to sleep. i’m sorry.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kms.697333/

:holeup

So, you spend 45 minutes late at night talking to your suicidal friend trying to convince them to keep living, spend the night worried they wont be there in the morning and questioning yourself as to whether you did enough? Should you have said something different? Could you have done more for them in the past?

You wake up, very relieved to find out they are still alive and kicking, and then you find out your buddies on the bore have been talking about her and someone has shown her the post about having personality problems...

Having said that, you cunts seem to be supportive for once.

FUME5

« Reply #44601 on: March 15, 2023, 07:26:13 PM »
Fuck I careposted.

marrec

« Reply #44602 on: March 15, 2023, 07:27:10 PM »
Bento inspires us to do things we never thought we could FUME5

Also that personality post only got 3 likes and one of them was Taco so really it was two, democracy has spoken Bento has a good personality

marrec

« Reply #44603 on: March 15, 2023, 07:31:36 PM »

??  What ableist slur?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gimped
[close]

Sorry in advance to all the gimps out there reading this  :cry

Polident Hive

« Reply #44604 on: March 15, 2023, 07:32:51 PM »

??  What ableist slur?

Was gonna go with poor. On second read, gimped? Maybe re-re? Handling? I just don’t know anymore

FUME5

« Reply #44605 on: March 15, 2023, 07:35:16 PM »
It was gimped 100%

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44606 on: March 15, 2023, 07:37:54 PM »
I don't know you bento, so if you're reading this I apologize for my baseless conjecture.  :-\

also whoever showed you my post probably isn't your friend.  :-\

I hope things get better for you.  :)

marrec

« Reply #44607 on: March 15, 2023, 07:38:47 PM »
I don't know you bento, so if you're reading this I apologize for my baseless conjecture.  :-\

Sounds like something someone with personality problems would say

FUME5

« Reply #44608 on: March 15, 2023, 07:45:38 PM »

Already emphasized to her the other part of your post.

EDIT

"s'ok random butthole person"
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 07:49:47 PM by FUME5 »

« Reply #44609 on: March 15, 2023, 07:48:32 PM »
the weak ass pussies on era should do the world a favor instead of making threads about how sad they are all the time

did i say favor? i mean flavor

the flavor of the new quesalupa from yumbrands available now

Polident Hive

« Reply #44610 on: March 15, 2023, 08:06:02 PM »
It was gimped 100%

Huh. What a learning opportunity. A new slur to add to my daily vocabulary.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44611 on: March 15, 2023, 08:15:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2023-ot-1-kevins-no-good-very-bad-day.672442/page-84#post-102705718

Quote from: Maxim726x
All I read from data like this is that we should hope that Trump wins the nomination.

Because even if the world outside is on fire, he'd still lose a GE to Biden. Or anyone else, for that matter.

:hmm
OBE

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44612 on: March 15, 2023, 08:21:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-poliera-2023-ot-1-kevins-no-good-very-bad-day.672442/page-84#post-102705718

Quote from: Maxim726x
All I read from data like this is that we should hope that Trump wins the nomination.

Because even if the world outside is on fire, he'd still lose a GE to Biden. Or anyone else, for that matter.

Trump winning would be great for Ree since they can go back to having 30 threads a day about him; it would probably inject some life into their dwindling user base.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44613 on: March 15, 2023, 08:29:54 PM »
If you read the thread and don’t know what to say or how to respond, at least post that transphobia is wrong.

I love this because it captures so much of why Era is like it is.
Performative wokeness/activism is a sign of mental illness.
Spud

Yulwei

« Reply #44614 on: March 15, 2023, 08:35:39 PM »

CrossingEden out here flexing on these soft ass moist dudes because he knows the mods got his back.   :whoo :sabu

AI still coming for your job no matter how hard you special fellow out on ree. :umad

marrec

« Reply #44615 on: March 15, 2023, 09:00:52 PM »
Crossing Eden always came across as one of those nerds who would 100% pull up on a smaller nerd and act like he could fight even tho he’s only ever fought folks he knew he could beat

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #44616 on: March 15, 2023, 09:13:45 PM »
Most of trans era is too heartbroken by a) the situation surrounding Eden’s forced detransition and death and b) the lack of interest by era’s cis members in reading this thread or responding to it.

Just that much would at least help the trans members of the forum feel like the entire world isn’t against them. Seeing this thread fall off the first page of results within a day never to be seen again feels as threatening and dehumanizing as the news itself.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/2600-pages-of-hate-a-collection-of-leaked-emails-from-anti-trans-expert-witnesses-right-wing-lawmakers-and-conservative-legal-groups.694663/page-4#post-102694366

Quote from: Cenauru
Quote from: Raftina
The Eden tragedy is essentially what these right-wing activists are working toward, just with different religions and governments involved.
Yup, it's their ultimate goal. Forcibly detransition us and force us back in the closet, or kill ourselves before they kill us.

Thing is, some of these changes are permanent. They're not gonna just "go away", we don't just go back into the closet and become cis again. We'll still be othered until we're killed. And they want that.
On the upside, those threads will probably get more attention!

Too soon into the genocide?
[close]

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44617 on: March 15, 2023, 09:18:37 PM »
Seeing this thread fall off the first page of results within a day never to be seen again feels as threatening and dehumanizing as the news itself.

I can't get over this sentence. They don't actually care about that trans woman at all if the news is equal to the thread falling of the frontpage on a fucking videogame forum

benjipwns

« Reply #44618 on: March 15, 2023, 09:21:32 PM »
I don't pay much attention to the console fanboys but this has to be a whole new level of desperate -

Its kinda highkey brilliant that Nintendo deliberately placed themselves a generation behind their contemporaries, huh?

That "I've lost my patience with graphics this gen" thread as well "the Nintendo ninjas got em" thread has me thinking and damn, it's kinda genius that they did this.

I know on an enthusiast forum like this it might not be popular but man there's a ton of upside.
Allows 3P to familiarize themselves with the technology, allows refinements to be made to processors, shaders and other tech, prices cheapen and then they basically hand off all the growing pains to Sony/Microsoft and 3P.

I'm seeing in that thread(not a tech guy at all) people calling out better tech(lumens vs rtx) and if they stay a gen behind, it'll probably be the better side of that kind of debate that they'll take advantage of when they finally do move up to something like parity.

Of course I know everyone doesn't have this luxury as everyone isn't a first party focused ecosystem but man, I gotta give a head nod to doing what works best for you.

Thoughts?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-kinda-highkey-brilliant-that-nintendo-deliberately-placed-themselves-a-generation-behind-their-contemporaries-huh.692707/
Hey, remember how "highkey brilliant" it was when Nintendo didn't have the capacity to ramp up production necessary for assets after the Wii for a while?

benjipwns

« Reply #44619 on: March 15, 2023, 09:25:52 PM »

I didn't consent to violently holding back all of humanity just because you're arrogant enough to think your "corrent" personal interests should dictate to everyone permanently by force. Checkmate, atheist statist.

marrec

« Reply #44620 on: March 15, 2023, 09:28:04 PM »
Most of trans era is too heartbroken by a) the situation surrounding Eden’s forced detransition and death and b) the lack of interest by era’s cis members in reading this thread or responding to it.

Just that much would at least help the trans members of the forum feel like the entire world isn’t against them. Seeing this thread fall off the first page of results within a day never to be seen again feels as threatening and dehumanizing as the news itself.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/2600-pages-of-hate-a-collection-of-leaked-emails-from-anti-trans-expert-witnesses-right-wing-lawmakers-and-conservative-legal-groups.694663/page-4#post-102694366

Quote from: Cenauru
Quote from: Raftina
The Eden tragedy is essentially what these right-wing activists are working toward, just with different religions and governments involved.
Yup, it's their ultimate goal. Forcibly detransition us and force us back in the closet, or kill ourselves before they kill us.

Thing is, some of these changes are permanent. They're not gonna just "go away", we don't just go back into the closet and become cis again. We'll still be othered until we're killed. And they want that.
On the upside, those threads will probably get more attention!

Too soon into the genocide?
[close]

Leave it to Benji to find an upside to genocide.

Unfortunately that’ll be deep into phase 5 of the MCU and you can’t expect ERA to give literal genocide more attention than the diversity of the Young Avengers.

The only thing that will keep ERAs attention for more than a few pages is for Mr Beast to post a video titled “I trafficked and forcibly detransitioned 1000 trans people” with some goofy thumbnail

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44621 on: March 15, 2023, 09:41:38 PM »

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol lil babby is mediocre and the big bad AI is exposing his ass   :lol :lol :lol :lol

not a single talented artist is worried about this. when you can feel things out creatively, stuff like this isn't a problem at all. you just keep creating what  you feel and your talent will show or it won't.

machines have been "outperforming" us in a lot of different areas for a long time. now instead of having to pay some mediocre dickhead a bunch of money so he can go online and bitch about being underpaid and overworked for some garfield hentai I commissioned. I can ask AI and cut out the untalented hacks  :success

benjipwns

« Reply #44622 on: March 15, 2023, 09:43:55 PM »
The only thing that will keep ERAs attention for more than a few pages is for Mr Beast to post a video titled “I trafficked and forcibly detransitioned 1000 trans people” with some goofy thumbnail
"I got a thousand trans kids from Red States gender affirming care" might be a funnier thread.

benjipwns

« Reply #44623 on: March 15, 2023, 09:50:05 PM »
Seeing this thread fall off the first page of results within a day never to be seen again feels as threatening and dehumanizing as the news itself.

I can't get over this sentence. They don't actually care about that trans woman at all if the news is equal to the thread falling of the frontpage on a fucking videogame forum
It really helps you recognize the threatening dehumanization. On the one hand we have a person forcibly returned to the theocratic authoritarian state that ResetERA.com members claim they currently live in and the consequences of such a state versus the ResetERA.com member having to witness a thread not getting the attention they think it deserves in the off-topic section of a "video game" forum even though they can't articulate any "productive discussion" that should occur.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44624 on: March 15, 2023, 10:19:20 PM »

Already emphasized to her the other part of your post.

EDIT

"s'ok random butthole person"
I'm assuming you already have this covered, but the best advice for anyone feeling like this is to cut themselves off from misery pits like Resetera.

No one needs negativity like that in their lives, especially if they're feeling like things aren't going their way.
Spud

Yulwei

« Reply #44625 on: March 15, 2023, 10:20:38 PM »

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol lil babby is mediocre and the big bad AI is exposing his ass   :lol :lol :lol :lol

not a single talented artist is worried about this. when you can feel things out creatively, stuff like this isn't a problem at all. you just keep creating what  you feel and your talent will show or it won't.

machines have been "outperforming" us in a lot of different areas for a long time. now instead of having to pay some mediocre dickhead a bunch of money so he can go online and bitch about being underpaid and overworked for some garfield hentai I commissioned. I can ask AI and cut out the untalented hacks  :success

mediocre twitter artists realizing people will just use AI for a quick fap instead of listening to their cap stories about how their basement flooded and that's why they haven't been able to make that TMNT x Transformers gay porn doodle you comissioned 6 months ago. the game done changed

you better have my princess bubblegum commission ready by monday or i'm doing a chargeback on that cashapp payment and using AI instead  :nothot

benjipwns

« Reply #44626 on: March 15, 2023, 10:24:23 PM »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44627 on: March 15, 2023, 10:31:44 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera

Al Jazeera is a state-owned Arabic-language international news network of Qatar. It is based in Doha and operated by the media conglomerate Al Jazeera Media Network. The flagship of the network, its station identification, is Al Jazeera. The patent holding is a "private foundation for public benefit" under Qatari law

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Qatar

In Qatar, trans women can be arrested for the crime of "impersonating a woman" and while in prison, forcibly detransitioned. This can involve forced surgery to remove breasts, and being sent to "behavioral health centers" where conversion therapy is imposed. Further punishments can involve imprisonment up to seven years, and death by stoning.
:bedroomeyes :yikes :mike
Spud

marrec

« Reply #44628 on: March 15, 2023, 10:38:02 PM »
"I got a thousand trans kids from Red States gender affirming care" might be a funnier thread.

Are you there god, it’s me Marrec

BIONIC

« Reply #44629 on: March 15, 2023, 10:45:50 PM »

Can you share some of that Garfield hentai? :sicko
Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44630 on: March 15, 2023, 11:18:11 PM »

da taliban aka da mods only allow for garfield in a burka. it could be any cat in there. imagine pay for garfield nudes and they put a burka over heathcliff thinking you won't notice the difference  :stahp

BIONIC

« Reply #44631 on: March 15, 2023, 11:24:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dunkin’-donuts-discontinues-the-dunkaccino-after-23-years-al-pacino-unavailable-to-respond.697564/#post-102714556

Quote from: Nida, post: 102714556, member: 59669
And so now the horrible product placement in Jack and Jill will be inaccurate as well as incredibly gross.

The real L is that not only has he watched Jack and Jill, but it lived rent free in his head for him to remember the product placement it had all these years later :girlaff
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #44632 on: March 16, 2023, 12:23:43 AM »
imagine pay for garfield nudes and they put a burka over heathcliff thinking you won't notice the difference  :stahp
Holy crap, I can't imagine having jerked off hundreds of times and later finding out it was Heathcliff the entire time. :rage

FUME5

« Reply #44633 on: March 16, 2023, 12:49:54 AM »
What if it was top cat.

benjipwns

« Reply #44634 on: March 16, 2023, 01:33:26 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/her-name-was-eden-transgender-woman-takes-her-own-life-after-being-trafficked-and-de-transitioned-against-her-will-cw-suicide-trafficking.696913/page-2#post-102671518
Same poster continued to be upset at everyone ignoring the genocide (which is merely a means to enact fascism btw):
Quote from: Cat_Ballou
Although this story involves a legal firm, an expired visa and a public suicide note, and is unusual in those aspects, most of the story is just a standard situation for a huge proportion of trans people.

So many trans children are dependent on parents who coerce their child into an unsustainable lifestyle through financial pressure and abusive controlling behaviour, and it results in suicidal pressure - this is a standard situation for trans people. This is common as muck and is bound to be happening in your town or city right now. It is the past and present for some trans members on era.
Narratives are created that trans women are sex predators and child abusers, that trans women take affirmative action positions and sporting achievements from cis women, that “normal” kids are influenced to become trans by being exposed to trans people being themselves, that trans men and non-binary people are girls who are having difficulty coping with patriarchy and who will regret the loss of their womanhood and fertility and will end up with sex injuries from modifying their hormonal balances

People are lied to over and over and over by a collection of bigots and transphobes who want to use trans people as the thin end of a wedge to enact right wing policies.

See:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/2600-pages-of-hate-a-collection-of-leaked-emails-from-anti-trans-expert-witnesses-right-wing-lawmakers-and-conservative-legal-groups.694663/

(A thread currently sitting ignored on page 3.)

People have been told that there is a culture war happening, that woke transgender activists are at war with trad values. It’s all a con to dehumanize people who are drenched in the same homophobia and transphobia that we’re all drenched in from day 1 on earth. We’re an easy group to punch down to, and a hard group to find interest in to help because everyone is suffering right now with higher mortgage payments or rent or power bills or grocery bills, there’s war in Ukraine and atmospheric rivers drowning people and unprecedented weather everywhere… people don’t have space to care, and every day trans people are painted more and more as the enemy as another law passes to make things more impossible for us to exist.

I don’t know what to say or do to start turning things around.
Eden’s death wasn’t reported in the three mainstream news sources I read. Brianna Ghey’s packed funeral drenched in baby pink and the murder charges raised against her killers weren’t mentioned either. At least Brianna’s gender was celebrated in death rather than erased like Eden’s has been.

But I got to read about how JK Rowling talked about her brave decision to speak out against the transgender menace in the Guardian and how thankful her fans were about it.

Seeing people like you being straight up murdered and pushed to suicide and it being ignored by the news that your friends, family and community see is devastating.

More handmaidening from Morrigan:
Quote from: Morrigan
All of this is way too real, and it's heartbreaking and infuriating how effective the anti-trans propaganda and culture wars have been.
"I don't know what to say or do to start turning things around." - Me neither... 😢

There is one thing to do, and surprise, it's remembering to eliminate the Suppressive Persons in your life:
Cis people and liberals in particular need to get over the civility fetishism if they give a shit about what happens to trans people or any other vulnerable group in the world that we're building here. Make your transphobic family, friends, and neighbors feel painful social isolation at an absolute minimum or just stop with the fucking platitudes.

Also:
Quote from: lokiduck
I felt my entire soul be crushed just reading the thread title. It's so fucking disgusting that something this horrible was allowed to happen.

The fuckers pushing anti-trans laws/really anything at this point can't keep getting away with shit. They have to be stopped.
Quote from: lokiduck
Yeah this is pretty much why I'm tired and angry at anyone even a little bit against trans people at this point. Trans people are dying or are going to die because of politicians and bigots, so if you hate trans people in any capacity, you are an enemy to me now.

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44635 on: March 16, 2023, 03:17:32 AM »
Anti-trans propaganda?

People wouldn’t even care if y’all didn’t push the “transition people as young as possible” and “there is no difference between men and women athletically” angles so fucking hard.  :neogaf

These people are in a prison of their own making.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44636 on: March 16, 2023, 03:23:28 AM »

this is the best one

I believe it was drawn by a comic industry professional who has done his best to hide his involvement

look up uacomics on twitter
Uncle

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #44637 on: March 16, 2023, 03:39:04 AM »
I looked it up.

:stahp

Averon

« Reply #44638 on: March 16, 2023, 03:39:30 AM »
What happened to Eden really is fucked, and it should have never happened. And it is fair for trans people to feel frustrated and scared by some of the stuff the right-wing is trying to push.

However, one of the biggest issues with the trans community is that they do a terrible job building lasting, sincere relationships with people outside their community. Too many think social shaming and social coercion is all that's needed for acceptance. But all that does is build resentment and train people to give empty, vapid support if only to not get canceled. Why did they think bullying and doxxing people playing the wizard game would do anything other than engender resentment and negativity towards them? They give contradictory pleas for cis people to both speak up and to shut up and listen at the same time. They bite the heads off "allies" if said allies don't say what they think they should have said.

People don't respond well to social coercion. People don't respond well to being accused of being complicit in a "genocide" or getting death threats for playing an inoffensive video game that tried hard to be inclusive. Fair or not, people don't like the idea of a 6'4" 230lbs mtf trans athlete destroying female athletes half that size. 99.9% of people don't think it's wise to send someone convicted of multiple rapes of women to a women prison just because said person declared they were now a woman in the middle of their trial. Surprise, surprise people find that shit to be questionable at the very least and doubt that person's sincerity.

tl;dr summary: Trans community pr and tactics needs an overhaul.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 07:27:56 AM by Averon »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44639 on: March 16, 2023, 03:44:50 AM »

When Ubisoft do a press release about how the only way they could make Far Cry 7 was with AI scattering their copy and paste open world events, that tune will change