Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1811706 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #44640 on: March 16, 2023, 03:46:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/animation-vfx-youtubers-corridor-crew-trained-an-ai-to-convert-their-live-action-footage-into-animation-what-do-you-think-of-the-results.691309/page-21#post-102665476

Quote from: CrossingEden
Your argument is currently “these things are tangentially related so everything concerning AI is ok despite how meany issues a worldwide audience have with B”

And that brings me to the very next question. Can you actually shut up? Followed by, do you not have th self awareness to stop “well actually”ing the collective worldview concerning a topic involving a specific subset of jobs you don’t fucking work in? SHUT. UP. Fucking hell. No seriously, how many times do I have to tell the calvacade circlejerk of AI chuds which you're apart of mind you that I don't give a fuck about your opinion. Stop fucking talking to me about my own goddamn profession and the theoretical benefits of your "well I, uncreatively, just steal this art and press this button. because I have no fucking artistic voice.." Stay in your fucking lane. It's so fucking easy to not fucking gaslight people. Like deadass so fucking easy to shut up instead of going "Well actually i'm doing you guys a favor aren't I making your job easier" Stop talking dude. I am telling you. I do NOT consent to this fucking discussion because this is not a debate. I do not consent to me, who corrently works in my work field on the fucking daily and the many people who spent just as many years training as I did to work having their job replaced by a button click. I do not consider the fucking shit you're stanning to be a favor to us nor even to TO YOU. Because I don't give a flying fuck about the voice of fake artists. Shut up. And fucking listen. Stop talking to me.

And frankly as a POC, doubly shut up and stop quoting outdated laws to me. You keep including "Well actually the laws say" as if that's a gotha.

I really hope AI can figure out a way to punch this cunt in the throat.

(Image removed from quote.)

Sorry bro

uhhhhhhhhh but what if that person made a joke about a black womans hair, huh? huh?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44641 on: March 16, 2023, 03:48:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/james-gunn-officially-suits-up-to-direct-%E2%80%98superman-legacy%E2%80%99.697486/page-3#post-102705994
Quote from: Starphanluke, post: 102705994, member: 33174
Honestly, I feel like a surefire way to make an interesting new take on Superman's origin that feels authentic and modern would've been to hire a queer writer and director.

I'm not saying make Superman gay, but having talent behind the camera with real experience in "desperately hiding a part of yourself in order to fit in to small-town America, while simultaneously trying to subtly embrace that part of your identity in secret" could have made something special. But who knows. I'll give Gunn the benefit of the doubt.

:snore

You gotta hire the under represented in show business LGBTQIA+ gang to really understand the first generation immigrant experience

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44642 on: March 16, 2023, 03:53:49 AM »
What happened to Eden really is fucked, and it should have never happened. And it is fair for trans people to feel frustrated and scared by some of the stuff the right-wing is trying to push.

However, one of the biggest issues with the trans community is that they do a terrible job building lasting, sincere relationships with people outside their community. Too many think social shaming and social coercion is all that's needed for acceptance. But all that does is build resentment and train people to give empty, vapid support if only to not get canceled. Why did they think bullying and doxxing people playing the wizard game would do anything else that engender resentment and negativity towards them? They give contradictory pleas for cis people to both speak up and to shut up and listen at the same time. They bite the heads off "allies" if said allies don't say what they think they should have said.

People don't respond well to social coercion. People don't respond well to being accused of being complicit in a "genocide" or getting death threats for playing an inoffensive video game that tried hard to be inclusive. Fair or not, people don't like the idea of a 6'4" 230lbs mtf trans athlete destroying female athletes half that size. 99.9% of people don't think it's wise to send someone convicted of multiple rapes of women to a women prison just because said person declared they were now a woman in the middle of their trial. Surprise, surprise people find that shit to be questionable at the very least and doubt that person's sincerity.

tl;dr summary: Trans community pr and tactics needs an overhaul.
It's not like they don't have ALL of the lessons learned by the gay and lesbian communities in their battle for acceptance to study and learn from...

:dunno
Spud

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44643 on: March 16, 2023, 03:53:55 AM »
Seeing this thread fall off the first page of results within a day never to be seen again feels as threatening and dehumanizing as the news itself.

I can't get over this sentence. They don't actually care about that trans woman at all if the news is equal to the thread falling of the frontpage on a fucking videogame forum

Its because the selfish bitch blamed highly personal relationships and unique circumstances instead of being a team player and blaming JKR and the BBC.

Honestly, some people just can't think about anyone except themselves.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44644 on: March 16, 2023, 03:54:13 AM »
that definitely is the post that will prevent office

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44645 on: March 16, 2023, 03:54:59 AM »
What happened to Eden really is fucked, and it should have never happened. And it is fair for trans people to feel frustrated and scared by some of the stuff the right-wing is trying to push.

However, one of the biggest issues with the trans community is that they do a terrible job building lasting, sincere relationships with people outside their community. Too many think social shaming and social coercion is all that's needed for acceptance. But all that does is build resentment and train people to give empty, vapid support if only to not get canceled. Why did they think bullying and doxxing people playing the wizard game would do anything else that engender resentment and negativity towards them? They give contradictory pleas for cis people to both speak up and to shut up and listen at the same time. They bite the heads off "allies" if said allies don't say what they think they should have said.

People don't respond well to social coercion. People don't respond well to being accused of being complicit in a "genocide" or getting death threats for playing an inoffensive video game that tried hard to be inclusive. Fair or not, people don't like the idea of a 6'4" 230lbs mtf trans athlete destroying female athletes half that size. 99.9% of people don't think it's wise to send someone convicted of multiple rapes of women to a women prison just because said person declared they were now a woman in the middle of their trial. Surprise, surprise people find that shit to be questionable at the very least and doubt that person's sincerity.

you genocidal piece of shit  :banplz

not letting rapists into women's prisons is causing the trans genocide!  :rash
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 02:31:56 PM by team filler »

Himu

« Reply #44646 on: March 16, 2023, 04:05:10 AM »
People in the bento thread legitimately trying to get her in touch with people who might be able to help her out is a rare bright spot in the Era community--no idea if they'll actually be able to help, but it's people actually involving themselves and their contacts to help which beats 95% of era threads.

That's cause Bento spent, what... a decade now, building good will among users of GAF and then ERA and didn't treat that message board as anything but a message board. She didn't use GAF/ERA as a base for activism or bully users into silence and compliance. Community building SHOULD look like this, where someone can spill their emotional guts at their darkest moments and people will have actual constructive conversations that may even include challenging your initial assumptions.

Thank you for this. Especially harrowing between what happened with Tasty and what's his face that ran him off by being a bad person.
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44647 on: March 16, 2023, 04:07:24 AM »
trashy is a great person and I wish he was still posting here tbh  :fbm

also, bring back tvc!

Himu

« Reply #44648 on: March 16, 2023, 04:12:19 AM »
Any updates on Bento? Was a gofundme made?
IYKYK

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #44649 on: March 16, 2023, 05:22:06 AM »
They nuked the thread, so...

Himu

« Reply #44650 on: March 16, 2023, 05:29:59 AM »
Why would you nuke a thread for a long time user that was suicidal?
IYKYK

Tuckers Law

« Reply #44651 on: March 16, 2023, 06:04:40 AM »
People with real problems make the ree’s hysterics about wizard game genocides look all the more ridiculous and entitled.

FUME5: if you’re okay with passing the offer along and Bento is willing to set something up, I’d be more than happy to help with a weeks worth of grocery money, or whatnot.  I’ve been where she’s at emotionally myself and I know how quickly it can pass and get so much better, but a little bit of help from asshole strangers like us wouldn’t hurt either in the interim.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44652 on: March 16, 2023, 06:31:01 AM »
Any updates on Bento? Was a gofundme made?

They nuked the thread, so...

Why would you nuke a thread for a long time user that was suicidal?

they moved the thread to https://www.resetera.com/forums/etcetera-member-only.23/

bento is still in there talking and receiving support and ideas for things to try next
Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #44653 on: March 16, 2023, 07:10:10 AM »
Have they considered opening a boy scout's club in Thailand? I think that might be pretty lucrative

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44654 on: March 16, 2023, 08:14:02 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/1000-new-neogaf-accounts-for-march-2023.1654205/

Quote from: EviLore
1000 New NeoGAF Accounts for March 2023

A warm welcome to our 1000 newly approved NeoGAF members. It's an exciting time for the video game industry, with the current generation of consoles maturing, new VR and AR tech inbound, and AI transforming the tech world more broadly.

This is set to be a great year for games, too, with Elden Ring DLC, Breath of the Wild 2, Cyberpunk DLC, and probably some other stuff no one cares about.

Come in and say hi!

:gurl  :lore
Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #44655 on: March 16, 2023, 08:25:51 AM »
Guaranteed Lore has a ree ban tracker

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #44656 on: March 16, 2023, 08:36:31 AM »
People in the bento thread legitimately trying to get her in touch with people who might be able to help her out is a rare bright spot in the Era community--no idea if they'll actually be able to help, but it's people actually involving themselves and their contacts to help which beats 95% of era threads.

That's cause Bento spent, what... a decade now, building good will among users of GAF and then ERA and didn't treat that message board as anything but a message board. She didn't use GAF/ERA as a base for activism or bully users into silence and compliance. Community building SHOULD look like this, where someone can spill their emotional guts at their darkest moments and people will have actual constructive conversations that may even include challenging your initial assumptions.

Thank you for this. Especially harrowing between what happened with Tasty and what's his face that ran him off by being a bad person.

Cunt, you were literally calling gay people faggots that should go back to the closet. Shut the fuck up.
Margs

NekoFever

« Reply #44657 on: March 16, 2023, 08:45:12 AM »

A warm welcome to our 1000 newly approved NeoGAF members. It's an exciting time for the video game industry, with the current generation of consoles maturing, new VR and AR tech inbound, and AI transforming the tech world more broadly.

This is set to be a great year for games, too, with Elden Ring DLC, Breath of the Wild 2, Cyberpunk DLC, and probably some other stuff no one cares about.

Come in and say hi!

I'd actually be curious to see active user numbers for both forums, because without going all  :nothing GAF does seem to periodically add a couple thousand new members while you rarely see anyone who didn't register at launch on Era.

marrec

« Reply #44658 on: March 16, 2023, 08:53:18 AM »

Cunt, you were literally calling gay people faggots that should go back to the closet. Shut the fuck up.

How do we not have a :sipstea smiley yet?

BIONIC

« Reply #44659 on: March 16, 2023, 08:57:45 AM »
:kermit
Margs

marrec

« Reply #44660 on: March 16, 2023, 09:08:55 AM »
I feel like a fool

BIONIC

« Reply #44661 on: March 16, 2023, 09:53:09 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tilda-swinton-says-she-refuses-to-wear-a-mask-or-adhere-to-covid-rules-on-set-of-new-film.696943/page-7#post-102732499

Quote from: Iron Mike, post: 102732499, member: 60283
According to a lot of people in this thread, it's fine for me to not wear a mask but it's not fine for me to talk openly about how I don't want to wear a mask. Ridiculous. In the real world there isn't much of a left-right split when it comes to discourse on the mask subject but obviously a lot of you are over-exposed to political YouTubers and under-exposed to normal, everyday people

"Cancelling" Tilda all because she doesn't want to comply with some outdated rule that has nothing to do with considerations for people's health and safety and everything to do with potentially saving a movie studio some cash. Most people would voice their annoyance if their place of work required masks tomorrow

I'm not saying she's not a crap employee, I'm just saying this doesn't make her a crap person

:dead :hesright
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44662 on: March 16, 2023, 10:18:05 AM »

Come in and say hi!

I'd actually be curious to see active user numbers for both forums, because without going all  :nothing GAF does seem to periodically add a couple thousand new members while you rarely see anyone who didn't register at launch on Era.

https://www.similarweb.com/website/neogaf.com/vs/resetera.com/#overview
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #44663 on: March 16, 2023, 10:57:15 AM »
They really are the bonfire at the crossroads of the video game industry
Oi Oi

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #44664 on: March 16, 2023, 10:58:12 AM »
Was going to use PMs for this, but Bork won’t fix his board.

Quote from: FUME5
So, you spend 45 minutes late at night talking to your suicidal friend trying to convince them to keep living, spend the night worried they wont be there in the morning and questioning yourself as to whether you did enough? Should you have said something different? Could you have done more for them in the past?

You wake up, very relieved to find out they are still alive and kicking, and then you find out your buddies on the bore have been talking about her and someone has shown her the post about having personality problems...

Having said that, you cunts seem to be supportive for once.

I wanted to clear the air that I was the cunt that let Bento know about the thread. I initially sent direct links to supportive messages to her, leaving out Greatness’ post, just to let her know even non-ERA people cared about her too, but ERA censored ‘the Bore’ out of the links. >:( Then, like a moron, I later let her know about the thread and forgot about Greatness’ post. It wasn’t my intent to single you out GG, but regardless that was the result so my apologies for that. Also, Fume I’m sorry to you as well for causing distress on her and your parts.

As to a go fund me, I don’t think she’s setting one up, and even if she decided too, would risk a ban mentioning it on ERA. If you still want to help for funds or otherwise, I’d recommend contacting her directly or seeing if Fume can help. I don’t want to interject myself further unless they ask.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #44665 on: March 16, 2023, 12:50:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-threatens-tiktok-ban-if-it-is-not-sold-report-bbc-news.697666/#post-102721747

Quote from: RustyNails
Gangster behavior and extortion tactics. Wonder if there's anyone who will defend US of A over this.
OBE

BIONIC

« Reply #44666 on: March 16, 2023, 01:31:56 PM »
Quote from: excelsiorlef, post: 102733840, member: 330
Honestly I've had like near zero if not outright zero colds amd flus since masking started, I'll probably never not wear em in public

I take it off for work, but I work nights with minimal proximity to anyone other than 1 person one shift a week and it's still minimal proximity overall,  I'd wear em if I worked days or worked Tilda's job

:corona_mj
Margs

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #44667 on: March 16, 2023, 01:34:55 PM »
Not shocked incel is a Branch Covidian, enjoy being in a group with fellow wicked wicked demons like Taylor Lorenz loser :girlaff
(ice)

Propagandhim

« Reply #44668 on: March 16, 2023, 01:39:44 PM »
Branch Covidian

:dead

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44669 on: March 16, 2023, 01:41:03 PM »
Branch Covidian

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44670 on: March 16, 2023, 01:45:41 PM »
The typical Era xenophobic takes on this are pretty tired. This is why so much of Asian Era left.

In droves. In droves!

NekoFever

« Reply #44671 on: March 16, 2023, 01:47:27 PM »
ERA censored ‘the Bore’ out of the links. >:(

Hahaha it does :dead

Yulwei

« Reply #44672 on: March 16, 2023, 01:48:30 PM »

Come in and say hi!

That's because they all get accused of being alt-right troll accounts and permabanned over the slightest disagreement  :lol

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #44673 on: March 16, 2023, 01:48:32 PM »
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #44674 on: March 16, 2023, 01:59:44 PM »
Mario will get high score from right-wing chuds thanks to Chris Pratt!

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #44675 on: March 16, 2023, 02:20:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-threatens-tiktok-ban-if-it-is-not-sold-report-bbc-news.697666/#post-102721747

Gangster behavior and extortion tactics. Wonder if there's anyone who will defend US of A over this.

I mean... I dunno if the tiktok app is inherently doing anything shady, but it does make you fucking think when you find out the version of tiktok available in china is hard capped in hours usage per day for kids, and the content it promotes to them is all fun science experiments you can perform at home with household items, where the version they let the west have is serving you up eThots lip syncing to cat dance videos or the drink bleach challenge 24/7

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44676 on: March 16, 2023, 02:30:29 PM »

we're obsessed with them?  :hitler

same ones say we're obsessed with them, same ones keep checking this thread all day and have to censor thebore.com because the truth hurts  :success

NekoFever

« Reply #44677 on: March 16, 2023, 02:31:10 PM »
That's because they all get accused of being alt-right troll accounts and permabanned over the slightest disagreement  :lol

Also ACCOUNT IN JUNIOR PHASE

Which I seem to remember goes counter to the pledge when the site started out that they weren’t going to judge accounts by length of membership after all the snarky shit towards junior members on GAF.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #44678 on: March 16, 2023, 02:36:44 PM »

Yet can’t ban cunt properly or any number of other words or titles they don’t want mentioned.

Priorities you see.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #44679 on: March 16, 2023, 02:39:00 PM »
Tone policing oppressed peoples. :wag

It's not like they don't have ALL of the lessons learned by the gay and lesbian communities in their battle for acceptance to study and learn from...

:dunno
Next you'll try to say that Black people should have worn their Sunday best and emphasized how they were good church going family people while pointing to America's failure to live up to its promise during the Civil Rights Movement instead of burning down every city in endless lawless riots until capitalism, colonialism and white supremacy collapsed from being on the wrong side of history. :social

benjipwns

« Reply #44680 on: March 16, 2023, 02:40:34 PM »

Fucking Joe Biden and the rest of the state holding down capitalism and free speech! Right? Guys? Where are you going?

benjipwns

« Reply #44681 on: March 16, 2023, 02:44:36 PM »
Which I seem to remember goes counter to the pledge when the site started out that they weren’t going to judge accounts by length of membership after all the snarky shit towards junior members on GAF.
They publicly said everyone was getting their NeoGAF.com slate wiped clean and allowed to start over on ResetERA.com as long as they stayed a good poster there.

Then they told besada they were making sure I personally couldn't sign up and had already fingered multiple other people as me failing to get in. Then a few weeks in they banned people for posting here or something. :lol

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #44682 on: March 16, 2023, 03:10:29 PM »

same ones say we're obsessed with them, same ones keep checking this thread all day and have to censor thebore.com because the truth hurts  :success

Clearly, they fear the Hog.

BIONIC

« Reply #44683 on: March 16, 2023, 03:18:18 PM »

SCARED OF THE TRUTH YOU WHORES? :bolo
Margs

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #44684 on: March 16, 2023, 03:34:11 PM »

:gaben
Spud

Tuckers Law

« Reply #44685 on: March 16, 2023, 03:38:48 PM »

SCARED OF THE TRUTH YOU WHORES? :bolo

Speaking of whores, anyone know what Cerium's been up to lately?  use any new hatespeech er I mean do anything exciting with his MOBA money after waking from his nap?

benjipwns

« Reply #44686 on: March 16, 2023, 03:43:01 PM »
I don't think he's woken up yet. He would have answered all those questions.

Yulwei

« Reply #44687 on: March 16, 2023, 03:48:34 PM »
Quote from: Harpoon
Frustrates me to no end that most governments seem to be asleep at the wheel on all of this. China’s already set up bans on AI media that isn’t watermarked.

Quote from: MasterYoshi
Why is there no legislation to fucking stop this tech? This and the voice tech is already too fucking far for the well being of a society that's way below par when it comes to critical thinking skills.

Quote from: Eidan
What is good about this?

:shaking

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ai-can-now-do-hands-midjourney-v5-launch.697930/page-2#post-102752293

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #44688 on: March 16, 2023, 03:49:32 PM »
I don't think he's woken up yet. He would have answered all those questions.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #44689 on: March 16, 2023, 03:52:29 PM »
Frustrates me to no end that most governments seem to be asleep at the wheel on all of this. China’s already set up bans on AI media that isn’t watermarked.

Why is there no legislation to fucking stop this tech? This and the voice tech is already too fucking far for the well being of a society that's way below par when it comes to critical thinking skills.

What is good about this?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ai-can-now-do-hands-midjourney-v5-launch.697930/page-2#post-102752293

I love how the posted tweet in that thread is billed as an alert with the following major warning/advice for readers:

Be extra critical of any political imagery (especially photography) you see online that is trying to incite a reaction.

No shit?!

:comeon

Glad THAT hasn’t been an issue in the past 100 years before.

benjipwns

« Reply #44690 on: March 16, 2023, 03:58:15 PM »

What is good about this?

THERE OUTGHTA BE A LAW! WHY IS NO ONE DOING ANYTHING?!?

The ResetERA.com intellectual vanguard on the right side of history or MAGA boomers watching the local news?

Yulwei

« Reply #44691 on: March 16, 2023, 04:09:12 PM »
Quote from: Bladelaw
Encrypt it with a UID tied to the account that requested the generation as well so you can uniquely ID whoever provided the prompt.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ai-can-now-do-hands-midjourney-v5-launch.697930/page-3#post-102753178

They are one or two posts away from calling for a full on social credit closed internet  :lol

AI threads on ree are a goldmine  :neogaf

benjipwns

« Reply #44692 on: March 16, 2023, 04:11:43 PM »
Encrypt it with a UID tied to the account that requested the generation as well so you can uniquely ID whoever provided the prompt.
:sicko

Where's Messofanego with his demands for ending anonymity on the internet to go with this? I love ACABs demanding a non-stop police state. :phil

TacoWallace

« Reply #44693 on: March 16, 2023, 04:35:59 PM »

Come in and say hi!

That Lobster Roll fella has over 27k posts, signed up in 2019. Their posts read like someone who got permabanned and decided to come back as a phony ally, one of those "That's it, I want to be a mod someday" types that never pan out.

« Reply #44694 on: March 16, 2023, 05:24:38 PM »
Constructive starts pondering why Era hates Gen Z so much:
Quote from: TheEchosOfTheCyborg
So two observations I've noticed.

The first is that over the past few weeks I've noticed whenever Gen Z or just younger people in general are brought up or is a subject that affects them the most, the attitude of the threads are very often aggressive towards them; often talking down to the group, upset at some Gen Z in general liking or using stuff that the users don't, acting like their lazy or uniformed or just treating Gen Z with contempt or even glee at them being screwed over. To be honest, much of it comes across no different as the "Millennials are killing X industry!" or the many number of time throughout history where older generations have vilified and belittle younger ones despite it benefiting no one but right-wing media who need an enemy for the readers/viewers to dislike.

The second is and this may very well be luck, the subject matter of the threads or coincidence is that politely asking for people not to be toxic to each other in the OP, the threads are less likely to be toxic. Not completely, but when I've done it in the past the threads seem generally nicer. Again this could be a case of luck.
Quote from: RecLib
Reading Reset Era over the years really has been an experience of watching in real time as millennials become interchangeably the same people as the worst boomers.
Toss that around for a while, until somebody points out Era shits on basically everyone:
Quote from: Mana Latte
This type of thing has been brought up numerous times in the past few pages even. It’s not just gen z but anything certain posters just want to shit on. It’s just a shit attitude problem here more so than targeting gen z. I didn’t read the thread but it feels like enough posters have brought this up that maybe something can be at least discussed about it? Isn’t the goal of this board to be a “safe” spot for users to discuss things? Not to shit on one another for whatever purpose
Quote from: Tendo
I can't speak for the original poster that brought it up, but I've seen it across a few topics.  Especially things related to banking and money.  I've seen it in gaming threads too just taking potshots at new gaming genres and stuff as if everyone should hate it.  Its ok if you don't like something, just weird and grumpy to throw groups under the bus for liking stuff.

I actively try to keep an open mind and experience new stuff as I get older because I don't want to become shut off to the world like I watched happen to my parents.  Bummer to see it happen to people my age too.

I wonder if its a reaction to realizing you aren't the newest most important group being catered too and rejecting it.  In Bo Burnham's Inside he has a line about one day being the new kid on the block and then instantly being old, and I've felt that at least professionally.  And its a weird transition for me to wrap my head around.  I dunno.  I just get bummed seeing people shit on new things just because they are new.  Or new mindsets and viewpoints to situations.

I also think there's an urge to be snarky and shitty to people out of nowhere.  You can sometimes post the most mundane thing and someone will fire back like you ran their dog over -but that's just the internet haha.
Quote from: Rinse Bassfunk
This is honestly the root of the issue. It's not an era thing, it's an internet/social media thing. Whether it's people being shitty because they feel shitty for various and understandable reason or whether it's because they enjoy winding people up. I've seen younger posters being shitty and dismissive to older posters and vice versa.

There's no fixing it short term, only trying to gradually nudge people to have and show more respect towards each other.

But yeah, it's why I don't bother conversing in so many threads because people can often be thoughtless hyperbolic bellends and generally insufferable (to be quite blunt)

Someone brings up the ever-increasing number of users it's just never worth engaging with:
This is me. Or just try and avoid discussion with a fair bit of posters. To me blocking people is a band aid and not solving it when a fair bit of topics still turn into shit slinging feats. And often it’s a lot of the same posters. One wrong read of text over the internet does in fact not have to send people here into a fucking frenzy if you just breathe and think critically before assuming the absolute worst of someone right off the bat. And sorry to feel this way but it doesn’t help when the staff also participates in it
This is why the majority of my post history is "[INSERT MEDIA HERE] Looks great!  Can't wait to check it out!"  Too many people assume the worst and I get jumped on for random stuff.  Finally started using the ignore feature and thats helped.

But I used to be like that too.  I was just pissy and wanted to get a witty (hurtful) zinger in I thought was funny.  I can't remember when I flipped, but I now actively try to avoid doing that and engage with more good faith.  I'm not perfect, but trying my best to be kinder.  I type and delete a lot more posts than I used to haha.

Then this guy does the thing that will keep era an aggro shithole forever:
Thing is, in respect to topics that affect people's safety or identity or any number of very personal issues I accept and applaud posters who stand up for themselves and others even with volatility. It's just when the topic is media, products, or content so many posters are just so insufferable about their opinions.

The advantage in real life is that I can walk away from these types of people, not have to tolerate the toxicity. On here, unless the poster is acting in a ban worthy way they are here poisoning the well. They can be ignored, but threads can start to get illegible and are still poisoned in terms of the direction threads take.

Given how quickly posters tie everything to key identity issues (Crossing Eden's shitfit over AI, everything around anything tangentially HP-related, the ongoing quest to cancel everyone famous) giving identity-based meltdowns a pass will keep Era on the path it's on.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #44695 on: March 16, 2023, 05:31:49 PM »
Constructive starts pondering why Era hates Gen Z so much:
Quote from: TheEchosOfTheCyborg
So two observations I've noticed.

The first is that over the past few weeks I've noticed whenever Gen Z or just younger people in general are brought up or is a subject that affects them the most, the attitude of the threads are very often aggressive towards them; often talking down to the group, upset at some Gen Z in general liking or using stuff that the users don't, acting like their lazy or uniformed or just treating Gen Z with contempt or even glee at them being screwed over. To be honest, much of it comes across no different as the "Millennials are killing X industry!" or the many number of time throughout history where older generations have vilified and belittle younger ones despite it benefiting no one but right-wing media who need an enemy for the readers/viewers to dislike.

The second is and this may very well be luck, the subject matter of the threads or coincidence is that politely asking for people not to be toxic to each other in the OP, the threads are less likely to be toxic. Not completely, but when I've done it in the past the threads seem generally nicer. Again this could be a case of luck.
Quote from: RecLib
Reading Reset Era over the years really has been an experience of watching in real time as millennials become interchangeably the same people as the worst boomers.
Toss that around for a while, until somebody points out Era shits on basically everyone:
This type of thing has been brought up numerous times in the past few pages even. It’s not just gen z but anything certain posters just want to shit on. It’s just a shit attitude problem here more so than targeting gen z. I didn’t read the thread but it feels like enough posters have brought this up that maybe something can be at least discussed about it? Isn’t the goal of this board to be a “safe” spot for users to discuss things? Not to shit on one another for whatever purpose
I can't speak for the original poster that brought it up, but I've seen it across a few topics.  Especially things related to banking and money.  I've seen it in gaming threads too just taking potshots at new gaming genres and stuff as if everyone should hate it.  Its ok if you don't like something, just weird and grumpy to throw groups under the bus for liking stuff.

I actively try to keep an open mind and experience new stuff as I get older because I don't want to become shut off to the world like I watched happen to my parents.  Bummer to see it happen to people my age too.

I wonder if its a reaction to realizing you aren't the newest most important group being catered too and rejecting it.  In Bo Burnham's Inside he has a line about one day being the new kid on the block and then instantly being old, and I've felt that at least professionally.  And its a weird transition for me to wrap my head around.  I dunno.  I just get bummed seeing people shit on new things just because they are new.  Or new mindsets and viewpoints to situations.

I also think there's an urge to be snarky and shitty to people out of nowhere.  You can sometimes post the most mundane thing and someone will fire back like you ran their dog over -but that's just the internet haha.
This is honestly the root of the issue. It's not an era thing, it's an internet/social media thing. Whether it's people being shitty because they feel shitty for various and understandable reason or whether it's because they enjoy winding people up. I've seen younger posters being shitty and dismissive to older posters and vice versa.

There's no fixing it short term, only trying to gradually nudge people to have and show more respect towards each other.

But yeah, it's why I don't bother conversing in so many threads because people can often be thoughtless hyperbolic bellends and generally insufferable (to be quite blunt)

Someone brings up the ever-increasing number of users it's just never worth engaging with:
This is me. Or just try and avoid discussion with a fair bit of posters. To me blocking people is a band aid and not solving it when a fair bit of topics still turn into shit slinging feats. And often it’s a lot of the same posters. One wrong read of text over the internet does in fact not have to send people here into a fucking frenzy if you just breathe and think critically before assuming the absolute worst of someone right off the bat. And sorry to feel this way but it doesn’t help when the staff also participates in it
This is why the majority of my post history is "[INSERT MEDIA HERE] Looks great!  Can't wait to check it out!"  Too many people assume the worst and I get jumped on for random stuff.  Finally started using the ignore feature and thats helped.

But I used to be like that too.  I was just pissy and wanted to get a witty (hurtful) zinger in I thought was funny.  I can't remember when I flipped, but I now actively try to avoid doing that and engage with more good faith.  I'm not perfect, but trying my best to be kinder.  I type and delete a lot more posts than I used to haha.

Then this guy does the thing that will keep era an aggro shithole forever:
Thing is, in respect to topics that affect people's safety or identity or any number of very personal issues I accept and applaud posters who stand up for themselves and others even with volatility. It's just when the topic is media, products, or content so many posters are just so insufferable about their opinions.

The advantage in real life is that I can walk away from these types of people, not have to tolerate the toxicity. On here, unless the poster is acting in a ban worthy way they are here poisoning the well. They can be ignored, but threads can start to get illegible and are still poisoned in terms of the direction threads take.

Given how quickly posters tie everything to key identity issues (Crossing Eden's shitfit over AI, everything around anything tangentially HP-related, the ongoing quest to cancel everyone famous) giving identity-based meltdowns a pass will keep Era on the path it's on.

The time honoured tale of people growing older and hating the kidz, no need for the walls of text :win
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44696 on: March 16, 2023, 05:39:47 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ai-can-now-do-hands-midjourney-v5-launch.697930/page-3#post-102753178

They are one or two posts away from calling for a full on social credit closed internet  :lol

AI threads on ree are a goldmine  :neogaf

going to all this effort forgetting about the printscreen button on the keyboard :dead
Uncle

SmokyDave

« Reply #44697 on: March 16, 2023, 05:49:31 PM »
When I was a kid, my mum was a typist and my dad was a signwriter. Both of those occupations had been rendered largely obsolete by the time I was 10.

Crossing Eden is a whiny little bitch. Can’t be arsed to link any particular post, just their whole whinging woe-is-me bollocks toward AI in general.

That’s not to say that AI isn’t something to fear, it probably is. Not because you can’t sell your zootopia porn though.

benjipwns

« Reply #44698 on: March 16, 2023, 05:50:29 PM »
This is honestly the root of the issue. It's not an era thing, it's an internet/social media thing.
Ok, boomer. :doge

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #44699 on: March 16, 2023, 06:39:19 PM »
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/decktop100
That top 100 games played on Steam Deck :trigger