Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1784834 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #44760 on: March 17, 2023, 02:30:29 PM »
they already mental gymnasticed their way out of that one for overwatch 2 :success
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44761 on: March 17, 2023, 02:32:14 PM »
47 page diablo 4 thread?! Isn't that game literally tainted by sex pests who worked on it? what happened to the Acti-Blizz boycott?  :social

it's even worse than that:

spoiler (click to show/hide)
it's always online, you can't just fucking play it like the single player game it used to be  :maf

how hard is it to just segregate and make it clear to everyone that if you choose to play offline, you can never take that character online?

:stahp
[close]
Uncle

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #44762 on: March 17, 2023, 02:49:06 PM »
47 page diablo 4 thread?! Isn't that game literally tainted by sex pests who worked on it? what happened to the Acti-Blizz boycott?  :social

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-isnt-activision-ubisoft-discussion-limited-to-about-their-work-cultures.465195/#post-70571883
Quote from: B-Dubs
Literally every publisher and studio in the industry is guilty of misogyny and sexism. There isn't a single one that hasn't had someone come forward against them. Ubisoft, Riot, Insomniac, Microsoft, Naughty Dog, the list goes on and on and on. Big publishers and independent developers both. This is systemic across the entire industry. Banning just one publisher/studio and not all of the others sends a message that we only care about this when it gets particularly bad. It's wholly unacceptable regardless of who does it.

Banning just Acti/Blizz sends the message that it's just them that's the problem. They aren't the only ones. It's everyone. Every game we enjoy is tainted by this, there is no getting around that or minimizing it. This is why we pointed people towards charities to help women because this is a systemic problem. You cannot pretend it's just Acti/Blizz because it isn't. You don't get to write this off as just a single studio or publisher.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44763 on: March 17, 2023, 02:52:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-america-manufactures-poverty-the-new-yorker.698179/#post-102785893

:cop User banned (1 week): inflammatory accusations towards other users
Quote from: Bowl0l
You all voted in representatives that actively destroys social safety nets, incite hate towards minority, lie and protect the rich. Poverty is the expected outcome.
OBE

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #44764 on: March 17, 2023, 04:09:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ai-can-now-do-hands-midjourney-v5-launch.697930/page-8#post-102787078

Quote from: Brawly Likes to Brawl
It's stealing people's work without their consent to do so. Artists and creatives have been put in a really terrible place because of these models and they every right to express their anger about it.
Initial responses go about how you'd expect:
Quote from: Cien
No worse than the posters who are just as hostile to creators and effectively are telling them "lol get fucked"

And that comparison may be hyperbole, but I see the sentiment. it is taking something without permission.

The reason people are angry is it basically boils down to "I don't agree with art theft, but the thing that steals art is really cool!" How else is someone supposed to parse that?
Quote from: Tendo
Yeah I don't know how you expect people to be ok with peoples work being stolen just because you like the end product.
More in constructive. AI art is basically crypto and should maybe be confined to a single thread:
Quote from: Jebusman
But there's a bit more to it than this. There aren't 3 positions to take here (pro-AI, neutral "just talking about it", anti-AI), even if it appears like that on it's face.

Pro-AI art advocacy, and neutral "neat tech" posts ultimately serve the same purpose, to normalize the status quo of AI-art being a legitimized means of being an "artist" while current artists are continuing to have their work stolen to feed into this system without any form of compensation.

No, wait, artists are a marginalized community and pro-AI chuds or neutrals should sit down, shut the fuck up, and listen:
Quote from: RetroRunner
I think there are some topics where the subject is so harmful or dangerous to the lives or livelihoods of community members that the best thing those of us who are unaffected for now can do is not chime in if our posts aren’t anything other than a show of support
This anti-capitalist video game forum sure is developing some interesting ideas about new international IP rights.

More in constructive. AI art is basically crypto and should maybe be confined to a single thread:
Quote from: Jebusman
And when the pro-NFT folks realized being outwardly pro NFT was not going to be received well, they switched to joining those who just wanted to "talk" about it without "endorsing" it, baiting those against NFTs into being "unreasonably hostile" against them. It poisoned the well of assuming anyone was talking in good faith, and it's the same playbook being used here.
I love this. Posting about a topic is "baiting" people into being "unreasonably hostile" and the problem is the people posting about the topic because the baited simply can't resist being "unreasonably hostile" apparently.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 04:17:39 PM by benjipwns »

Polident Hive

« Reply #44765 on: March 17, 2023, 04:11:15 PM »

Not the point, but I saw the beta in the PlayStation store. Around 125 GB to download  :whatisthis

benjipwns

« Reply #44766 on: March 17, 2023, 04:13:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-america-manufactures-poverty-the-new-yorker.698179/#post-102785893

:cop User banned (1 week): inflammatory accusations towards other users
Quote from: Bowl0l
You all voted in representatives that actively destroys social safety nets, incite hate towards minority, lie and protect the rich. Poverty is the expected outcome.
Weird how the state is larger than ever but all anyone on the "left" wants to talk about is a "destroyed social safety net" and "crippling austerity" that costs more than ever with worse results while the Fed deliberately destroys savings as part of their plan to intentionally direct more wealth to favored elites.

:kermit
[close]

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44767 on: March 17, 2023, 04:32:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-cruise-saw-and-loved-the-flash-says-this-is-the-type-of-movie-we-need-now.698353/#post-102807385
Quote from: Fj0823
Abuser likes another Abuser's film

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-cruise-saw-and-loved-the-flash-says-this-is-the-type-of-movie-we-need-now.698353/#post-102808471
As a big Flash fan I'm fucking sad that this is the movie I get.What bothers me is that everything points at this movie being a fucking banger of a superhero movie. But I'll be damned if I listen to Tom Fucking Cruise of all people tell me that this is the "Cinema" we need right now with all of the Ezra shit we've been following.

At this point "The movies we need right now" internet narrative is starting to sound an awful lot like "A good movie no matter how problematic their plot or actors, just as long as it beats Marvel"

:cruise
OBE

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44768 on: March 17, 2023, 04:40:51 PM »
"A good movie no matter how problematic their plot or actors, just as long as it beats Marvel"
this distinguished mentally-challenged fellow just had to put that in there, didn't he. :goty

captain marvel is just as much a piece of military recruiting propaganda as top gun is

benjipwns

« Reply #44769 on: March 17, 2023, 04:41:45 PM »
Believe it or not, when people say LMAO they're not literally laughing their ass off.
Wait, what? :rage

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #44770 on: March 17, 2023, 04:42:10 PM »
Cruise is an abuser?
(ice)

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #44771 on: March 17, 2023, 04:43:30 PM »
He abused that box office. :cruise

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44772 on: March 17, 2023, 04:45:28 PM »
Scientology gets up to all kinds of wacky hijinks, and Tom is second in command.
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #44773 on: March 17, 2023, 04:45:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-cruise-saw-and-loved-the-flash-says-this-is-the-type-of-movie-we-need-now.698353/#post-102808471
But I'll be damned if I listen to Tom Fucking Cruise of all people tell me that this is the "Cinema" we need right now with all of the Ezra shit we've been following.

At this point "The movies we need right now" internet narrative is starting to sound an awful lot like "A good movie no matter how problematic their plot or actors, just as long as it beats Marvel"
He thinks "I want to see a good movie, don't care what actors are doing in real life, movie isn't real dude" is an "internet narrative"?

Greatness Gone

« Reply #44774 on: March 17, 2023, 04:54:12 PM »
Quote from: BossAttack, post: 102808543, member: 16745
TENET was good though.
This is actually the worst post in that thread.

Also I can't believe this motherfucker hasn't caught a perm yet. He gets banned every other month.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44775 on: March 17, 2023, 05:04:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/icc-issues-arrest-warrants-for-vladimir-putin-maria-alekseyevna-lvova-belova.698245/#post-102790870

Quote from: NewDust
Quote from: LakeEarth
Let that be a lesson for us all. If you start a war and aren't a Western nation... you're going to jail, but probably not!
FTFY
OBE

Polident Hive

« Reply #44776 on: March 17, 2023, 05:09:55 PM »
He thinks "I want to see a good movie, don't care what actors are doing in real life, movie isn't real dude" is an "internet narrative"?

Children and the mentally disturbed have trouble separating fiction from reality. You see a range of stories. From kids trying to shoot George Reeves thinking he’s really Superman. To John Hinckley shooting Reagan after his infatuation with Jodie Foster’s underaged prostitute character.

Most people who watch I Am Sam don’t think Sean Penn is actually intellectually challenged. Wait… Bad example.

« Reply #44777 on: March 17, 2023, 05:22:48 PM »
Back-and-forth over how inappropriate it is to attack people for wanting to talk about AI art continued in Constructive for a while, and now this:
Quote from: Nepenthe
Staff are currently talking about how to handle AI art discussions going forward. We will update this thread when everything is accounted for and penned down.

That post is in the hidden Constructive thread consigned to the basement that is the announcements subforum.

Where it is not is the AI art thread that's currently arguing over whether or not Crossing Eden was martyr'd at the alter of pro-AI bias.

Torn between expecting a batshit staff post and a graveyard in the AI art thread, or them just making a followup post only in Constructive so they can ban randomly as is their way.

Clockwork5

« Reply #44778 on: March 17, 2023, 05:28:27 PM »
I like how the marbles in their heads got a bit twisted and they actually think AI art is the long standing status quo that they must fight; and if only the real artists had ever been given a chance, the world would see that this oppression cannot be allowed to continue.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #44779 on: March 17, 2023, 05:28:42 PM »
Quote from: B.Dumbs
You can learn something from everyone, just because you have a belief structure doesn't mean you can't learn something from someone else. It's always worth engaging with well thought-out ideas, don't let yourself be limited by ideology. That's a road to perdition.

Ok. That’s it. Enough. Eenufff. He’s deliberately gaslighting us isn’t he

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #44780 on: March 17, 2023, 05:34:23 PM »
I wonder if some of them have Era accounts.

Uh, RustyNails and the Burkha-less bitches thread says they probably do.

benjipwns

« Reply #44781 on: March 17, 2023, 05:34:26 PM »
I like how the marbles in their heads got a bit twisted and they actually think AI art is the long standing status quo that they must fight; and if only the real artists had ever been given a chance, the world would see that this oppression cannot be allowed to continue.
The tyrannical status quo of continual human progress instead of the hookup knife free "take an art, leave an art" society we all deserve. :ufup

« Reply #44782 on: March 17, 2023, 05:36:38 PM »
Some articles from me which will get you banned from era because they cannot answer it

Trans complexities : https://medium.com/p/ca98a6c0151d

J K Rowling is the Professor Snape of the Trans debate : https://medium.com/p/176bb0196e5f

The Trouble with Transgender Inclusion in Medical Records as Women : https://medium.com/p/7004e8df1194

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #44783 on: March 17, 2023, 05:45:49 PM »
TENET was good though.

Also I can't believe this motherfucker hasn't caught a perm yet. He gets banned every other month.
I think he did get a perm once years ago.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44784 on: March 17, 2023, 05:54:59 PM »
https://news.cision.com/m-o-b-a-network-ab/r/m-o-b-a--network-appoints-andreas-bjorkman-as-new-cfo,c3734560

M.O.B.A. Network appoints Andreas Björkman as new CFO

Wed, Mar 15, 2023 14:00 CET

M.O.B.A. Network has appointed Andreas Björkman as CFO of the Company group with immediate effect. Andreas succeeds Anna Jansson, who has chosen to move on with other assignments and has been working with the handover to Andreas Björkman for a period of time.

Andreas has worked as Business Controller in M.O.B.A. since June 2021 and has worked actively with the transition to IFRS, consolidation of the company's operations, M&A, process to make the Company's shares available on OTC Markets, among other things. Andreas has many years of experience from Grant Thornton and as CFO in Generaxion.

Stockholm 2023-03-15

Björn Mannerqvist, CEO

Mail: info@wearemoba.com

Web: https://wearemoba.com

Certified Adviser - FNCA Sweden AB

M.O.B.A Network AB acquires, develops and operates gaming communities for the global gaming market. The company owns one of the world's largest networks in gaming communities, with 20 web-based global brands and the YouTube network Union For Gamers (UFG) with over 1,000 content creators. The company's business areas consist of advertising sales on the company's communities and video sales via the YouTube network.

Almost sounds like they were fired.
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44785 on: March 17, 2023, 05:56:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/oda-creator-of-the-manga-one-piece-discusses-his-approach-to-displaying-sexuality-with-his-female-characters.698224/#post-102791194
People posting screens and people responding with "no but see that's different" or "it's rare" or "it's still not as egregious as others".

I'm tired.
:snore

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #44786 on: March 17, 2023, 06:16:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/oda-creator-of-the-manga-one-piece-discusses-his-approach-to-displaying-sexuality-with-his-female-characters.698224/#post-102791194
People posting screens and people responding with "no but see that's different" or "it's rare" or "it's still not as egregious as others".

I'm tired.
:snore

I see Resetera still doesn't understand what agency means. When asked in literature class about whether Macbeth had agency over his actions they'll just put their shades on and say that Shakespeare wrote him that way

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44787 on: March 17, 2023, 06:23:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-pratt-debuts-pitch-perfect-mario-impression-in-interview-just-to-fuck-with-you.698212/page-4#post-102805264

Quote from: The Adder
And to cape for Chris Pratt of all people.
Right? Like out of all the people in the world to undermine Charles Martinet and just the art of voice acting in general for...

Fucking Chris Pratt?
OBE

Yulwei

« Reply #44788 on: March 17, 2023, 07:09:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-cruise-saw-and-loved-the-flash-says-this-is-the-type-of-movie-we-need-now.698353/#post-102807385
Abuser likes another Abuser's film

As a big Flash fan I'm fucking sad that this is the movie I get.What bothers me is that everything points at this movie being a fucking banger of a superhero movie. But I'll be damned if I listen to Tom Fucking Cruise of all people tell me that this is the "Cinema" we need right now with all of the Ezra shit we've been following.

:cruise

From "These guys are abusers!" to "And I bet Tom Cruise is a Marvel hating chud too!" without missing a beat

:whoo

The unrepentant shilling and self-victimization over a faceless megacorp. I'm impressed. This is a very advanced form of mental illness.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44789 on: March 17, 2023, 07:18:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lance-reddick-dead-at-60-tmz.698329/page-19#post-102815302

Quote from: B'z-chan
SPOILER: ON A SIDE NOTE CAN WE PLEASE PROPERLY LABEL DEATHS?.

It irks me when people miss label deaths in threads. Using “dead” gives no respect or context. This is a "passing," and as such should be labeled so. When someone dies of/from something they have not just merely passed but have "died." Be it from illness or an accident. Same with "murdered," when people have been a victim. And if you're not sure which to label it use “passed” or "deceased," stop sensationalizing death and give respect where/when appropriate.

:what
OBE

Polident Hive

« Reply #44790 on: March 17, 2023, 07:22:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/chris-pratt-debuts-pitch-perfect-mario-impression-in-interview-just-to-fuck-with-you.698212/page-4#post-102805264

Right? Like out of all the people in the world to undermine Charles Martinet and just the art of voice acting in general for...

Fucking Chris Pratt?

Hillsong isn’t paying me as much as Scientology, but I’ll still say Pratt is a decent VA. He led some LEGO and Pixar movies. Mario isn’t him breaking new ground.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #44791 on: March 17, 2023, 07:23:21 PM »
Scientology gets up to all kinds of wacky hijinks, and Tom is second in command.

Sure, but in the current context I take abuser to mean wife beater or something like that, not cult weirdo who may or may not be a dick to his subordinates.
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44792 on: March 17, 2023, 08:17:39 PM »

Fucking Chris Pratt?

Hillsong isn’t paying me as much as Scientology, but I’ll still say Pratt is a decent VA. He led some LEGO and Pixar movies. Mario isn’t him breaking new ground.
I think Nintendo paid Martinet a few hundred bucks for the voice work of Mario 64 and he's probably doing it for free these days.  :lol

If you asked Miyamoto about it he would probably give you a brutally honest Japanese salary man answer like:
"We appreciate Mr. Martinet for his contribution to the Super Mario games but we wanted to aim for higher quality voice-work with this movie and hired real Hollywood talent. Mr. Pratt has done an excellent job playing Mario. You have to keep in mind that these are not just sounds for a videogame character but actual movie dialogue"

Yoshiaki Koizumi: "I remember when we did the cutscenes for Super Mario Sunshine and we wondered if we should change Mario's voice but by that time we had already changed so much that we felt it would be too big of a risk to give Mario a different voice not to mention the additional costs for localization"

Miyamoto: "This is why I always tell Mr. Koizumi to not turn our games into movies but he never listens (laughs)"
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #44793 on: March 17, 2023, 09:05:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/quiet-quitting-is-now-hitting-the-taliban-in-afghanistan.698338/#post-102820957

Same as the last thread... Capitalism always win.

TBH we only have to wait for it to fail on it's own. It be cool if we could actually do something to fix our problems now but nothing lasts forever.

Quote from: IsisNails
Taliban, meet capitalism.

:confused

Isn’t this good? Or you guys want people to perpetually war monger?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #44794 on: March 17, 2023, 09:11:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/quiet-quitting-is-now-hitting-the-taliban-in-afghanistan.698338/#post-102820957

TBH we only have to wait for it to fail on it's own. It be cool if we could actually do something to fix our problems now but nothing lasts forever.

Quote from: IsisNails
Taliban, meet capitalism.

:confused

Isn’t this good? Or you guys want people to perpetually war monger?

I don't even get the logic of those posts. Government jobs aren't exactly capitalism

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #44795 on: March 17, 2023, 09:46:41 PM »
J K Rowling is the Professor Snape of the Trans debate : https://medium.com/p/176bb0196e5f

J.K. Rowling, the acclaimed author of the Harry Potter series, has been facing a storm of criticism and accusations of transphobia for expressing her views on transgender issues. The controversy started in June 2020, when Rowling tweeted her objection to an article that used the term “people who menstruate” instead of “women”. She followed up with a series of tweets that argued that sex is a biological reality and that denying it erases the lived experiences of women.

dumb motherfuckers not even paying any attention  :snoop

it started right here, on october 30, 2017: https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-accused-of-being-a-trans-exclusionary-radical-feminist-terf.2655/

which, by the way is hilarious to read today  :lol

Quote from: Vamphuntr
Did people even ask her about it. Pressing a like button doesn't mean much. I mean mistakes happen. If she didn't comment yet people should wait before starting the witch hunt.

Quote from: ElectricBlanketFire
This doesn't jive at all with her past public comments on LGBT rights.

I'm not a huge fan, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Quote from: Secret Fawful
I would be shocked if JK Rowling was actually a transphobe. I have a really hard time believing it, without knowing how the like happened.

over and over for 3 pages :neogaf :dead

the second Rowling Event was March 2018: https://www.resetera.com/threads/jk-rowling-likes-another-transphobic-tweet-this-one-is-blatant.31208/

and it snowballed from there long before 2020
Uncle

« Reply #44796 on: March 17, 2023, 10:10:17 PM »

J.K. Rowling, the acclaimed author of the Harry Potter series, has been facing a storm of criticism and accusations of transphobia for expressing her views on transgender issues. The controversy started in June 2020, when Rowling tweeted her objection to an article that used the term “people who menstruate” instead of “women”. She followed up with a series of tweets that argued that sex is a biological reality and that denying it erases the lived experiences of women.

dumb motherfuckers not even paying any attention  :snoop

it started right here, on october 30, 2017: https://www.resetera.com/threads/j-k-rowling-accused-of-being-a-trans-exclusionary-radical-feminist-terf.2655/

which, by the way is hilarious to read today  :lol

Quote from: Vamphuntr
Did people even ask her about it. Pressing a like button doesn't mean much. I mean mistakes happen. If she didn't comment yet people should wait before starting the witch hunt.

Quote from: ElectricBlanketFire
This doesn't jive at all with her past public comments on LGBT rights.

I'm not a huge fan, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Quote from: Secret Fawful
I would be shocked if JK Rowling was actually a transphobe. I have a really hard time believing it, without knowing how the like happened.

over and over for 3 pages :neogaf :dead

the second Rowling Event was March 2018: https://www.resetera.com/threads/jk-rowling-likes-another-transphobic-tweet-this-one-is-blatant.31208/

and it snowballed from there long before 2020

if you hear the jk rowling podcast which runs these days it IS June 2020. Before in 2019 december she got the first major public reaction . it was in june 2020 that shit hit the fan. Before december 2019 it was a scattered reaction. J K rowling and the host both consider June 2020 when her views about the issue went global

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #44797 on: March 18, 2023, 02:03:22 AM »
jada is first!

wsippel

« Reply #44798 on: March 18, 2023, 06:10:25 AM »

there is none, unless you want to go with the typical retort of "don't sell yourself short, the learning you do in your brain is so much more meaningful than the way AI does it," which sidesteps the claim they're making

AI models as they currently exist do not contain stolen images, which is obvious on its face because they examine terabytes of data and the models are only gigabytes large

if you could perfectly reproduce/extract examined images from the model, they would have to be like hyper-compressed jpegs at best, but you can't do that because it doesn't work that way

if you want to ban tools that can be used to actually "steal art," ban right-click-save-as and all screen capture software, which take a perfect copy of an image pixel-by-pixel and lets you save it and edit it and do whatever you want with it illegally

The German artist lobbying and rights management organisation VG Bild-Kunst already did a legal assessment of the situation and concluded that there was absolutely nothing they could do to stop or prevent AI training on copyrighted material, as it apparently covered by a EU copyright directive. Artists don't really have any legal right to opt-out, either. And part of the relevant legal framework is ironically based on the pastiche clause artists lobbied for. Why is that important? Because LAION (providers of the training set) and CompVis (developers of Stable Diffusion) are German. Which probably explains why Midjourney, DeviantArt and Stability.AI were sued, but those two were not.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #44799 on: March 18, 2023, 06:15:59 AM »

Taco Bell Tower

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #44801 on: March 18, 2023, 06:43:54 AM »

there is none, unless you want to go with the typical retort of "don't sell yourself short, the learning you do in your brain is so much more meaningful than the way AI does it," which sidesteps the claim they're making

AI models as they currently exist do not contain stolen images, which is obvious on its face because they examine terabytes of data and the models are only gigabytes large

if you could perfectly reproduce/extract examined images from the model, they would have to be like hyper-compressed jpegs at best, but you can't do that because it doesn't work that way

if you want to ban tools that can be used to actually "steal art," ban right-click-save-as and all screen capture software, which take a perfect copy of an image pixel-by-pixel and lets you save it and edit it and do whatever you want with it illegally

The German artist lobbying and rights management organisation VG Bild-Kunst already did a legal assessment of the situation and concluded that there was absolutely nothing they could do to stop or prevent AI training on copyrighted material, as it apparently covered by a EU copyright directive. Artists don't really have any legal right to opt-out, either. And part of the relevant legal framework is ironically based on the pastiche clause artists lobbied for. Why is that important? Because LAION (providers of the training set) and CompVis (developers of Stable Diffusion) are German. Which probably explains why Midjourney, DeviantArt and Stability.AI were sued, but those two were not.
Just wait until we get deep fakes of von der Leyen sucking elephant dicks and Timmermans eating a mountain of shit as well as AI's that produce terrabytes of child porn by scraping tiktok video data.

We'll see EU regulations against AI's soon enough once the "Presidents playing Minecraft" phase has passed.
🤴

Snoopycat_

« Reply #44802 on: March 18, 2023, 06:54:53 AM »

wsippel

« Reply #44803 on: March 18, 2023, 07:15:39 AM »

Just wait until we get deep fakes of von der Leyen sucking elephant dicks and Timmermans eating a mountain of shit as well as AI's that produce terrabytes of child porn by scraping tiktok video data.

We'll see EU regulations against AI's soon enough once the "Presidents playing Minecraft" phase has passed.

Probably, but it's worth noting that AI has a very strong lobby in Europe, and especially in Germany. Quite a few big local players in the space. It's not just LAION and CompVis, there are also Aleph Alpha, DeepL and a whole bunch of startups, universities and public and private research centers. Money usually wins at the end of the day.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44804 on: March 18, 2023, 09:28:56 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-was-the-last-game-you-played-that-had-you-up-all-night-until-sunrise.696916/page-2#post-102649117

:cop User Banned (1 Month): Discussion of Banned Game
Quote from: Syinn
Was a recent open world game. I loved it. It hogged my time, warts an all with some glitches.

I really enjoyed it and went for the 100%, which I also haven't done in an open world game In a good while. Be interesting to see what kinda legacy it leaves award wise...if any 👀
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44805 on: March 18, 2023, 09:33:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-cruise-saw-and-loved-the-flash-says-this-is-the-type-of-movie-we-need-now.698353/page-5#post-102824674

:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Misgendering
Quote from:  never
Like if they committed crimes, I hope they are held accountable and goes to jail or whatever. If they didn't and its just mental health issues, I hope they get help. I think justice shouldn't be only punitive, people need to be given the room to reform.

Last edited: Yesterday at 11:02 PM

Quote from: ClickyCal'
They/them btw. You need to edit your post. No dude or he or him.

Quote from: never
oh crap, you’re right. my bad.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44806 on: March 18, 2023, 09:35:53 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-threatens-tiktok-ban-if-it-is-not-sold-report-bbc-news.697666/page-4#post-102746290

:cop User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory commentary
Quote from: Milk
Quote from: Corine
The sooner they ban it the better. Already got everyone I know off it. Should have never been allowed in the first place.
You literally campaigned to your friends and family to get off an app?

Man some of these posts read like they're straight outta Fox News. That's actually wild to me that this app puts this much fear into some people over some data.
OBE

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #44807 on: March 18, 2023, 10:19:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-cruise-saw-and-loved-the-flash-says-this-is-the-type-of-movie-we-need-now.698353/page-5#post-102824674

Like if they committed crimes, I hope they are held accountable and goes to jail or whatever. If they didn't and its just mental health issues, I hope they get help. I think justice shouldn't be only punitive, people need to be given the room to reform.

Just what the fuck is the point of a ban like that?

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44808 on: March 18, 2023, 10:44:27 AM »
The cruelty is the point.
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #44809 on: March 18, 2023, 11:00:02 AM »
TENET was good though.

I think he did get a perm once years ago.
He did, I almost think he has two and I'm pretty sure he's had other long bans shortened before. I have no idea why because he's usually getting into fights with the other protected members.

benjipwns

« Reply #44810 on: March 18, 2023, 11:01:06 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lance-reddick-dead-at-60-tmz.698329/page-19#post-102815302

Quote from: B'z-chan
SPOILER: ON A SIDE NOTE CAN WE PLEASE PROPERLY LABEL DEATHS?.

It irks me when people miss label deaths in threads. Using “dead” gives no respect or context. This is a "passing," and as such should be labeled so. When someone dies of/from something they have not just merely passed but have "died." Be it from illness or an accident. Same with "murdered," when people have been a victim. And if you're not sure which to label it use “passed” or "deceased," stop sensationalizing death and give respect where/when appropriate.

:what
LANCE REDDICK PASSED AT 60 FROM LOCAL OUTBREAK OF RANDOM CHAOS

Averon

« Reply #44811 on: March 18, 2023, 11:05:28 AM »
Never dared to talk back to Nep, that's the long and short of it. The "misgendering", even though it wasn't malicious and was caught and corrected quickly, was the perfect excuse to ban someone Nep found annoying.

benjipwns

« Reply #44812 on: March 18, 2023, 11:06:31 AM »

But I'm so tired now. I want a monopoly corporation putting everyone into impoverished slave labor now. I want massive resource wars between socialist nations now. I want the permanent violent suppression of all liberal and democratic ideas plus similar of minorities of any sort now. :fbm

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #44813 on: March 18, 2023, 11:21:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/us-threatens-tiktok-ban-if-it-is-not-sold-report-bbc-news.697666/page-4#post-102746563
*shrug* no difference with it without it

I thought it might be a bad idea at one point but I think that fear is overblown with the current course we’re on anyway

If this is xenophobia it’s a better outlet to do this than the inevitable backlash of violence as we wave #StopAsianHate in futility again

Taco Bell Tower

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #44815 on: March 18, 2023, 11:51:26 AM »

Just what the fuck is the point of a ban like that?

He appears to have been banned for the post he quoted, which misgenders Ezra, while that user's post remains unedited and unbanned.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-cruise-saw-and-loved-the-flash-says-this-is-the-type-of-movie-we-need-now.698353/page-5#post-102824539
Quote from: BobbleheadRich
I think Ezra Miller (in my mind) has clear psychological/ mental issues; the behaviour he exhibited is so strange and erratic after years of normalcy - and I do think they should be allowed to find a way to heal. Quite clearly a lot of it is drug fueled. But that is addiction and that's also something you need support to get over.

"Having recently gone through a time of intense crisis, I now understand that I am suffering complex mental health issues and have begun ongoing treatment,"

I'm surprised everyone is so quick to dunk on. Personally, everytime I read about him now - I'm like "poor Miller needs help" and I'm glad they are now. Clearly when they were in the midst of their psychotic break (imo) - they were spiralling and there wasn't a clear OFF switch.
OBE

Averon

« Reply #44816 on: March 18, 2023, 12:11:03 PM »
That's even more pathetic. They expect us to believe three mods all agreed and made the same mistake that Never misgendered Erza?  :lol
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 12:30:53 PM by Averon »

benjipwns

« Reply #44817 on: March 18, 2023, 12:19:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/20-years-ago-an-american-warcriminal-launched-invasion-that-destabilized-an-entire-region-resulted-in-1-million-dead-and-made-the-world-less-safe.698536/#post-102839020
That Michelle Obama love is kind of weird and disgusting
(Image removed from quote.)
 :obama
Wait until they find out what her husband did. Or the co-conspirators in the Senate they voted for in 2004, 2016 and 2020. :american

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #44818 on: March 18, 2023, 12:24:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-her-ass-is-part-of-her-character.275780/page-257#post-102802186

Quote from: FulcrumTK, post: 102801931, member: 82559
"milf" being a widely acceptable term to use even in leftist and/or queer spaces that try to respect women is weird to me. Like, maybe I'm putting too much stock into its literal meaning, but I'm not a fan.

Quote from: ClickyCal', post: 102802186, member: 7351
Yeah I agree.  It's still a form of sexualization.  I guess you can argue it's been claimed or reclaimed or something, but it's still uncomfortable.

:foxx :exxy :engel
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #44819 on: March 18, 2023, 12:26:59 PM »
Or the co-conspirators in the Senate they voted for in 2004, 2016 and 2020. :american
Congress never declared war. :bolo

W.: Hey guys, feeling like starting a war in Iraq.
Congress: Well, here's an authorization to do whatever you want with the military in Iraq.

Later:
W.: So, I started a war in Iraq.
Democrats in Congress: :social
[close]