Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1812818 times)

Snoopycat_

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #8580 on: November 26, 2021, 09:01:26 AM »

I wonder what next group nep will belong to also?

Just call her Neppy Deacon.

SmokyDave

« Reply #8581 on: November 26, 2021, 09:08:46 AM »
do not google the word ampukodo
Highlighted the term. Right-clicked. Chose 'search on google'. Felt smug, then very shortly thereafter felt sad.

I think you won this one, but it was getting close in the middle there.

Edit: oh fuck, I thought I was Agender, but your duppy search terms landed me somewhere where I feel I belong:

"Cabincoric
A coric xenogender relating to Cabincore. This gender may be related to the feeling of living in the woods in a cabin, forests, campfires, flannels, hiking, hot drinks, stargazing, the scent of pine/campfires/moss, warmth, and various other things connected to cabincore. "

THIS IS MY GENDER! Thank goodness there's no 'gender debate', nobody can tell me this is bollocks. CABIN RIGHTS.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 09:20:47 AM by SmokyDave »

Propagandhim

« Reply #8582 on: November 26, 2021, 09:44:27 AM »

Finally there's a word...for me.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8583 on: November 26, 2021, 11:08:09 AM »
thebore is watchpeopledie  ???

Removed- resume forum lolz.
ど助平

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #8584 on: November 26, 2021, 01:04:43 PM »
God fuck my curiosity

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #8585 on: November 26, 2021, 01:51:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/any-era-members-with-a-colostomy.520158/
I am 18 and a month ago I had a surgery for a colostomy because my rectum didn't work and whenever I had a poo, which was rare I would be in massive pain. I had to wear pullups because it was that painful.

I just want to know if there's anyone else here with one or if I am unique here.

TacoWallace

« Reply #8586 on: November 26, 2021, 02:47:27 PM »
Lemme save Royalan some time and just snip this staff post down to one that can be reused many times over:

Quote from: Royalan
anyone accusing members who criticize Sebold of not be sympathetic or being the reason rape victims don't come forward will be moderated accordingly.

This part is more important. Incapable of proofreading before posting such an important warning that the members continue to ignore. Slayven's ineptitude has infected others.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8587 on: November 26, 2021, 02:48:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/teachers-of-era-any-postive-changes-in-how-students-behave-compared-to-when-you-were-a-student.520227/#post-77725311
I teach higher ed ESL, students are definitely more aware of issues of sexual assault and consent than in my time as a student.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #8588 on: November 26, 2021, 02:53:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/teachers-of-era-any-postive-changes-in-how-students-behave-compared-to-when-you-were-a-student.520227/#post-77725311
I teach higher ed ESL, students are definitely more aware of issues of sexual assault and consent than in my time as a student.

"Hey stop that Mr. Finnigan, that's sexual assault!"

"Pretty good, pretty good you passed the test. Haha. *whispers to himself* (Goddamn modern education)"

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8589 on: November 26, 2021, 03:21:09 PM »
Speaking of attention

https://www.resetera.com/threads/its-international-day-for-the-elimination-of-violence-against-women-heres-how-to-help-stop-violence-towards-women.519930

Pretty much zero attention for this, not even a pin

The OP already established it was Transwomen Attention Day 2, and Kyuuji showed their face in topic to ensure that was the case.

On UK twitter #sexnotgender was trending with a bunch of women saying "Can we not have a single fucking day for victims of actual crimes without making it all about transwomen?" which YMMV on whether that falls under a "Why don't we have a straight pride day?" argument, or a "If transwomens lived experiences are different enough that they need a prefix denoting the difference, then surely cis women should be accorded a day to talk about their different lived experience?" argument.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8590 on: November 26, 2021, 03:27:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-covid-19-variant-now-called-omicron-causing-travel-restrictions-in-various-countries.520212/page-3#post-77726286
If the insertions he posted are right there is a basis for worry

The more changes, the less effective the vaccine would be. Especially insertions
The problem is he posts a lot of garbage and fearmongering. There are plenty of other resources that are better to use.

Somebody want to tell him  :teehee

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8591 on: November 26, 2021, 03:28:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-may-blasts-brit-awards-for-adopting-gender-neutral-categories-says-queen-would-not-be-woke-enough-today.520248/

related: the music industry is heavily male dominated, especially at the top.
There's a women category so they actually get some awards and recognition. Lots of women artists are not a fan of the change.

Brian May - friend of Freddie Mercury - says Freddie Mercury didn't have to call himself non-binary to live outside of a little box society wanted to put him in.
People not born when Freddie was alive declare they know better.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8592 on: November 26, 2021, 03:42:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/brian-may-blasts-brit-awards-for-adopting-gender-neutral-categories-says-queen-would-not-be-woke-enough-today.520248/

related: the music industry is heavily male dominated, especially at the top.
There's a women category so they actually get some awards and recognition. Lots of women artists are not a fan of the change.

Brian May - friend of Freddie Mercury - says Freddie Mercury didn't have to call himself non-binary to live outside of a little box society wanted to put him in.
People not born when Freddie was alive declare they know better.

Would have made more sense to include a non-binary category but then I guess Sam Smith would be upset that they're nominated along with some nobodies.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8593 on: November 26, 2021, 03:45:08 PM »
More like on-site discussion #freefiller :salute

🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #8594 on: November 26, 2021, 04:11:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/theresalwaysalighthouse-com-bioshock-tease.520275/#post-77728518

Quote from: HououinKyouma, post: 77728518, member: 17747
If Levine isn’t involved, I’m not in.

Edit - Actually wait, didn’t he say some stupid shit on Twitter recently? Ugh…

I’m just so tired
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8595 on: November 26, 2021, 04:28:25 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-covid-19-variant-now-called-omicron-causing-travel-restrictions-in-various-countries.520212/page-3#post-77728341
This tweet really blows my mind. We are literally dealing with a life-and-death situation here, with the possible escalation of the pandemic into something worse, and this NYT journalist cries about the travel stop feeling like "punishment" for South Africa and being stuck on the tarmac. Who gives a fuck, Karen. Governments are trying to save lives here. The whole point of doing this variant research is so that you can take measures against these variants.
jfc they really loathe women on that site.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8596 on: November 26, 2021, 04:44:04 PM »
Still, I'm not sure what he's getting bent out of shape about. He's not getting nominated whether the categories are gender specific or not. Wake me up when cancel culture ever has something to do with a normal non-rich & famous person.

uhhhhhhhhhh... do you live under a rock in a cave on the moon?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #8597 on: November 26, 2021, 04:46:28 PM »
Still, I'm not sure what he's getting bent out of shape about. He's not getting nominated whether the categories are gender specific or not. Wake me up when cancel culture ever has something to do with a normal non-rich & famous person.

They probably forgot about those people, because they got cancelled.  ;)

jorma

« Reply #8598 on: November 26, 2021, 04:54:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/theresalwaysalighthouse-com-bioshock-tease.520275/#post-77728518

Quote from: HououinKyouma, post: 77728518, member: 17747
If Levine isn’t involved, I’m not in.

Edit - Actually wait, didn’t he say some stupid shit on Twitter recently? Ugh…

I’m just so tired

so.. if levine did say some stupid shit on twitter, he's changing his mind about not being in?  :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8599 on: November 26, 2021, 04:58:23 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #8600 on: November 26, 2021, 05:06:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/katie-casper’s-story-of-the-abuse-she-faced-at-nintendo-of-america-was-sadly-overlooked.520176/page-2#post-77725353

“Ex Employe posts about having a blatantly misogynistic boss that was only fired until he got caught doing sexual abuse”

“MAH ALISON RAPP” “ALL BECAUSE THAT MINIMIGAME”.  :doge :brain

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8601 on: November 26, 2021, 05:07:32 PM »
put a bullet through my skull if I end up as fragile as all these old losers when I’m their age

:spiders

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8602 on: November 26, 2021, 05:23:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-got-a-good-job.520296/

and wtf, I hate stalinism now ???
Set your ambitions low enough and anything can be a "good job".
Spud

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #8603 on: November 26, 2021, 05:32:02 PM »
The OP already established it was Transwomen Attention Day 2, and Kyuuji showed their face in topic to ensure that was the case.

On UK twitter #sexnotgender was trending with a bunch of women saying "Can we not have a single fucking day for victims of actual crimes without making it all about transwomen?" which YMMV on whether that falls under a "Why don't we have a straight pride day?" argument, or a "If transwomens lived experiences are different enough that they need a prefix denoting the difference, then surely cis women should be accorded a day to talk about their different lived experience?" argument.
Oppressors don't need a day, they force everyone to celebrate them every day.

Name three examples. You can't. No one has ever been cancelled. It's a right-wing lie. There's only oppressors being held accountable for their actions. And the truth is, the actual cancel culture comes from your cisheteronormative white allies who try to shut down marginalized voices. Look at Allyn Walker. Or Nikole Hannah-Jones. Or the three human rights activists that J.K. Rowling sent a violent mob to silence.

BIONIC

« Reply #8604 on: November 26, 2021, 05:43:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/those-square-terminals-are-making-tipping-culture-even-worse.519990/page-5#post-77731881

Quote from: subpar spatula, post: 77717868, member: 8666
S-should we tip the mods here?

Quote from: RedMercury, post: 77718915, member: 36769
Some of us have 🤷

Quote from: subpar spatula, post: 77719140, member: 8666
I find this hilarious.

Quote from: RedMercury, post: 77719710, member: 36769
A little altruism in recognition of labor and time never hurts if you can swing it. I tipped the delivery people who brought my new couches and took the old ones out a few weeks ago, I tip our mail carrier, UPS driver, and garbage collectors for Christmas as well

:popular
Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #8605 on: November 26, 2021, 05:50:53 PM »
As a Trans person and Black person.... You don't know how white supremacy works.
well...

Nepenthe is 4'11.  If she thinks society slights her as a black woman, wait until she's sees how society looks at very small men.   

Boredfrom

« Reply #8606 on: November 26, 2021, 05:59:04 PM »
Man, even when I fundamentally agree with RE, they need to go to stupid territory:

Will she, though? And when she does, will it be worth a damn?

I mean, is the human thing to do.

I took a break from this thread because, frankly, the details of this story and what Broadwater went through was quite distressing. But seeing the facts as they come out...I'm finding it very hard to understand how Sebold, despite being the victim of something incredibly traumatic in her teenage years, could as an adult continue to profit, and embellish, and flat-out make up details in an attempt to further ruin the life of a man who decades later still maintained his innocence, and who was prosecuted on grounds that were viewed as shaky even at the time.

Writers tend to write about what their know and their personal traumas. You can complain that at one moment she should have realized how sketchy the whole situation was but you are acting like the discourse of “hysterical woman” was also not in vogue. She probably didn’t want to think hard enough that she got manipulated and got someone life ruined. Doesn’t excuse at all, but you are acting like it was a outright malicious motive.

I find it hard to believe that this latest attempt to monetize "Lucky" is about working through trauma. And, even if it was...what about Broadwater's trauma. He's a better person than me for forgiving her. But, I'm sorry, you cannot tell me this man doesn't have shit to work through. And will he get support? Fuck, we can't even get a thread that's supposed to be ABOUT him to stay about him.

::)

You are acting like you guys don’t encourage monetizing trauma. Or you also don’t encourage the idea that a female victim is never wrong on her accounts. Or that you guys are not the first ones that bitch about systemic issues over personal responsibility.

The thing that is personally so maddening and triggering about this for me, and I'm willing to bet a lot of Black people, is that time and time again Black people are reminded that we do not get to be victims. Will Broadwater get support? Will Broadwater get to tell his story? Meanwhile, Sebold is still continuing to profit off of a lie.

People generally don’t want to be victims to begin with. But yes, Broadwater is getting able to tell his story, the  whole reason why he is getting exonerated is because some Hollywood executives took precautions before green lighting a biopic that could get them in hot water. I seriously doubt Sebold is going to be able to sell her biopic to Hollywood after this.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/black-man-convicted-of-raping-the-lovely-bones-author-alice-sebold-is-exonerated-39-years-later-see-staff-post.519645/page-6

benjipwns

« Reply #8607 on: November 26, 2021, 06:03:38 PM »
Quote from: RedMercury, post: 77719710, member: 36769
A little altruism in recognition of labor and time never hurts if you can swing it. I tipped the delivery people who brought my new couches and took the old ones out a few weeks ago, I tip our mail carrier, UPS driver, and garbage collectors for Christmas as well
How does your selective religious grants (probably to fellow whites) achieve a living wage for all regardless of work? Instead of acting simply to make yourself feel good abolish capitalism and colonialism.

benjipwns

« Reply #8608 on: November 26, 2021, 06:12:12 PM »
Fuck, we can't even get a thread that's supposed to be ABOUT him to stay about him.
Why is the thread "supposed to be ABOUT him" and only "ABOUT him"? What is there even to say "ABOUT him" that it should dominate over the entire broader topic? It took until page two before anyone posted any of the stuff about the police and prosecutors lying and setting up the entire situation!

The thing that is personally so maddening and triggering about this for me, and I'm willing to bet a lot of Black people, is that time and time again Black people are reminded that we do not get to be victims.
I thought the thread is "supposed to be ABOUT him" but now you want it about you?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8609 on: November 26, 2021, 06:32:56 PM »
And this is 100% me, but I find the idea of okaying a film about this pretty gross. Like fine, I get writing a book to work through your trauma. But a film decades later reeks of nothing but profit. And I worry that all people would take from it is the justification to be fearful of innocent people whose only crime is being born black. Like how the fuck would they play that line-up scene where she can't even properly identify Broadwater? That shit is incendiary at any time, but especially right fucking now. Who read that and thought it would make for a good film when taken at face value?
The whole situation about the production of the movie is a lot worse than that, the script changed the race of her rapist to a white man and other details were left out.

Oh right, I forgot they mentioned whitewashing. Damn, so they were fine just erasing Anthony Broadwater's stand-in because they knew it would make her look bad. Yeah, that producer did right by him.

This poor guy doesn't even know what to be mad about.

"I can't believe they'd make a movie about a black rapist"

"They changed it to a white guy"

"I can't believe they were about erase a black man"

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8610 on: November 26, 2021, 06:40:26 PM »
ResetEra always has such uplifting topics to discuss like rape, murder and abuse
🤴

TacoWallace

« Reply #8611 on: November 26, 2021, 06:58:11 PM »

Set your ambitions low enough and anything can be a "good job".

Hey now, I can personally attest to there being data entry jobs out there that aren't stereotypical wastes of time.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
That being said, this guy probably signed up for a scam job posting lmao
[close]

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8612 on: November 26, 2021, 07:44:37 PM »

So yeah I dunno, extremely fucking nervous but had to tell someone I guess.
That's kinda sad, he literally has no one in person to tell?

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #8613 on: November 26, 2021, 07:47:25 PM »
I don't follow sports ball, but i got to ask what keeps you cheering for a losing team?

I going to through the news and saw the Detroit Lions are winless, and I know there are life long Lion fans. Why keep taking the L?

Who posted this? One guess!
Fish<

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8614 on: November 26, 2021, 07:53:21 PM »
I going to through the news
:era

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8615 on: November 26, 2021, 09:20:17 PM »
I don't follow sports ball, but i got to ask what keeps you cheering for a losing team?

I going to through the news and saw the Detroit Lions are winless, and I know there are life long Lion fans. Why keep taking the L?

Who posted this? One guess!
Tell me you have an exhaustive knowledge of comic books without telling me you have an exhaustive knowledge of comic books.
Spud

tuna_love

« Reply #8616 on: November 26, 2021, 09:39:54 PM »
I must confess i did a bit of bandwagoning in the 90s with the Braves. But i never had a Smoltz Jersey like RBH
slayven was under 20 a few days ago

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #8617 on: November 26, 2021, 09:41:54 PM »
speaking of not cancelled, anyone heard from that ex chapo guy?

https://twitter.com/shack_diesel/status/1462099131938181125

benjipwns

« Reply #8618 on: November 26, 2021, 09:51:50 PM »
I hope he sues the shit out of her. Her negligence is unforgivable.
Negligence?

The more facts I read, the more this sounds like indifferent recklessness, if not intentional malice. She straight-up perpetuated verifiable lies about him in the name of making money.
Oh yeah, just make up stuff while using those all them legal phrases, baby. :mouf

benjipwns

« Reply #8619 on: November 26, 2021, 09:57:16 PM »
How can people read this and not see she was intent on tagging this horrible crime on any random that fit a certain racial profile, that had the misfortune of crossing her path, and whom her imagination set its sights on? Oh, it's not that stranger who she knew some how was a murderous sociopath? Oh, then it must be the next dude over. Put him in a cement box.

Reminder. Anthony Broadwater was 20 years old when he was arrested. He was a baby. Just starting out in adulthood.
Reminder. Alice Sebold was 17 years old when doing this while being coerced by authorities. She was a baby. Just starting out in adulthood.

benjipwns

« Reply #8620 on: November 26, 2021, 10:41:50 PM »
User Banned (2 Months): Concern trolling around Muslim representation

I feel kind of conflicted about this. The hijab is absolutely a product of patriarchy so to present it as a positive especially in a feminist context feels distasteful. Sure women in the western world can choose to wear the hijab but let's not pretend this is a choice made in a vacuum.

With that said though, I don't have a problem with character designs like this if it helps serves as representation for Muslim girls and women. They ought to be feel seen even if they do suffer under a patriarchal culture.

Bonus points for pissing off alt-right and conservative dipshits too.
Quote from: Messofanego
Ehh this is discounting hijabi progressives and feminists. If you are saying hijab is a product of patriarchy, surely that can go for any piece of clothing designed for women. Bras, skirts, bikinis, tops, they're usually designed by men. And often for the male gaze. It's just often hijab is singled out and patronised (usually by white men) as a piece of female clothing placed outside of feminism. Women in general, not just Muslim women, live in patriarchal cultures.
I don't think this is a fair generalization to make, and it's shitty to not trust women who wear a hijab that they are doing it because they genuinely want to.
Please don't single out Muslim women as uniquely oppressed by patriarchy. What you're doing right now is just feeding into the white savior mindset that's condescendingly places Muslim women as some kind of poor ignorant savages that needs to be "saved" by white people and their "enlightened" ways.
Yeah, I was kind of taken aback for a moment and wish I had been able to raise a counterargument earlier. Even putting everyone else's feedback aside, you wouldn't try and shame Catholic nuns for wearing the habit, so I don't think people wearing hijabs should be shamed either.
Maybe my point is not valid and I am saying so bullshit but isn't the social (patiarchy) pressure like the hijab equivalent in the west to women shave themself? or to wear high heels? or to wear make up?
Not even close. Of course there are societal pressure for women in the Western world to dress a certain way, but you need to remember that by and large, the Western world still has less than favorable views towards Muslim people and their cultures. And because of that, they have this tendency to consider their women as "more liberated" than the Muslims. There's also the tendency to downplay or even degrade Muslim women's merits or accomplishments just because they're wearing hijab.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8621 on: November 26, 2021, 11:43:42 PM »
Not even close. Of course there are societal pressure for women in the Western world to dress a certain way, but you need to remember that by and large, the Western world still has less than favorable views towards Muslim people and their cultures. And because of that, they have this tendency to consider their women as "more liberated" than the Muslims

Pretty sure there are some fairly objective markers that show western women being more "liberated" than those in countries like Iran or Afghanistan

BIONIC

« Reply #8622 on: November 27, 2021, 12:03:08 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/birthday.520410/

Quote from: Fat4all, post: 77743311, member: 906
[MEDIA=youtube]u54wHSkgNT4[/MEDIA]

[URL unfurl="true"][/URL]

*tweettweet* 🐦

*yawn* ahh... 🥱

at last... its my... BIRTHDAY 🎂

hehe, im 21 now, i can FINALLY drink 🍺

i absolutely LOVE birthday parties 🎉

CAKES 🍰

PRESENTS 🎁

i wonder if my mom picked me up the new PSXXX game system 🎮

:kobeyuck
Margs

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8623 on: November 27, 2021, 12:23:55 AM »
Ehh this is discounting hijabi progressives and feminists. If you are saying hijab is a product of patriarchy, surely that can go for any piece of clothing designed for women. Bras, skirts, bikinis, tops, they're usually designed by men. And often for the male gaze. It's just often hijab is singled out and patronised (usually by white men) as a piece of female clothing placed outside of feminism. Women in general, not just Muslim women, live in patriarchal cultures.

No-one ever got acid thrown in their face for not wearing a bra, that I can recall.

Boredfrom

« Reply #8624 on: November 27, 2021, 01:25:38 AM »
User Banned (2 Months): Concern trolling around Muslim representation

I feel kind of conflicted about this. The hijab is absolutely a product of patriarchy so to present it as a positive especially in a feminist context feels distasteful. Sure women in the western world can choose to wear the hijab but let's not pretend this is a choice made in a vacuum.

With that said though, I don't have a problem with character designs like this if it helps serves as representation for Muslim girls and women. They ought to be feel seen even if they do suffer under a patriarchal culture.

Bonus points for pissing off alt-right and conservative dipshits too.
I don't think this is a fair generalization to make, and it's shitty to not trust women who wear a hijab that they are doing it because they genuinely want to.
Please don't single out Muslim women as uniquely oppressed by patriarchy. What you're doing right now is just feeding into the white savior mindset that's condescendingly places Muslim women as some kind of poor ignorant savages that needs to be "saved" by white people and their "enlightened" ways.
Yeah, I was kind of taken aback for a moment and wish I had been able to raise a counterargument earlier. Even putting everyone else's feedback aside, you wouldn't try and shame Catholic nuns for wearing the habit, so I don't think people wearing hijabs should be shamed either.
Maybe my point is not valid and I am saying so bullshit but isn't the social (patiarchy) pressure like the hijab equivalent in the west to women shave themself? or to wear high heels? or to wear make up?
Not even close. Of course there are societal pressure for women in the Western world to dress a certain way, but you need to remember that by and large, the Western world still has less than favorable views towards Muslim people and their cultures. And because of that, they have this tendency to consider their women as "more liberated" than the Muslims. There's also the tendency to downplay or even degrade Muslim women's merits or accomplishments just because they're wearing hijab.

Is really all kind of sad how RE genuinely thinks that the hijab is progressive or that nobody can call out Messofanego for being in a arranged marriage without cacthing a ban. Shitty assholes.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #8625 on: November 27, 2021, 02:11:47 AM »
High heels, make up and shaven legs are also things they routinely get mad about... but i guess it doesn't count as whataboutism.  :lol

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8626 on: November 27, 2021, 02:27:43 AM »
Not even close. Of course there are societal pressure for women in the Western world to dress a certain way, but you need to remember that by and large, the Western world still has less than favorable views towards Muslim people and their cultures. And because of that, they have this tendency to consider their women as "more liberated" than the Muslims

Pretty sure there are some fairly objective markers that show western women being more "liberated" than those in countries like Iran or Afghanistan
Saudi women are so liberated that the men liberated them from having to drive anywhere, own any property, be in public without a chaperone, or make any sort of independent financial decisions.
Spud

tuna_love

« Reply #8627 on: November 27, 2021, 02:33:43 AM »
the nun comparison would make sense if every catholic woman dressed up like a penguin

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8628 on: November 27, 2021, 03:16:35 AM »
the nun comparison would make sense if every catholic woman dressed up like a penguin
...and if nuns were stoned in public if they choose to leave the order.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
And not the good type of stoned either
[close]
Spud

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #8629 on: November 27, 2021, 03:52:25 AM »
  User banned (1 month): Dismissing concerns around representation and sexualized designs, inflammatory generalisation

https://www.resetera.com/threads/2021-has-been-a-great-year-for-female-character-design.519729/page-5#post-77706804

💯💯

Character design discourse on Era really hasn't evolved beyond the hardline anti-sexualization mindset that seemed to explode in popularity partway into the 7th console generation. Boring, artless shit.

Watching users in this thread parade around the blandest, frumpiest, most unseasoned* outfits as "GrEaT cHaRaCtER dEsIGn" at the expense of some genuinely striking (and usually Japanese) design work is painful.

*Obviously I'm being hyperbolic, but this is a thread where a middle-aged white woman in a space suit is being treated as some sort of artistic revelation, so when in Rome... 🤷🏾‍♂️

Poor guy, innocently wanders into a thread, makes a comment about how actually some of the designs are pretty bland and boom, erased. Seems like another case of silencing minority voices.

As for the progressive Hijab, “Boy, have you gone lost your mind?”

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8630 on: November 27, 2021, 04:19:49 AM »
What you're doing right now is just feeding into the white savior mindset that's condescendingly places Muslim women as some kind of poor ignorant savages that needs to be "saved" by white people and their "enlightened" ways
:rethread

fizzel

« Reply #8631 on: November 27, 2021, 04:21:59 AM »
You can't tell me that forcing some bint to wear full body black nylon in the middle of some desert shithole isn't oppressive.  :lol

samir

« Reply #8632 on: November 27, 2021, 05:34:30 AM »
It's actually white western women that can dress however they want that are the oppressed ones ;)

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #8633 on: November 27, 2021, 05:46:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-all-new-“south-park-post-covid”-exclusive-event-will-debut-on-november-25-only-on-paramountplus.506355/page-4#post-77748759

i know the creators are American Republicans (so, fascists) so i wanna know how much bigotry and other bullshit science denying etc did they put into this?

if its JUST silly light-hearted comedy like the old episodes and none of their disgusting politics i might try to watch it.

Yes, Matt and Trey, known nazis.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #8634 on: November 27, 2021, 06:21:23 AM »
They even included ResetEra in one of their episodes.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8635 on: November 27, 2021, 07:43:40 AM »
So I fucked things up - I burned bridges with one of the only social aspects I have left in my life. All for the same goddamn reasons as every time before. I'm an argumentative, toxic, disgusting prick who can't socialise properly and can't relate to anyone. If I'm not making anywhere I go actively worse I make things awkward, or weird, or just don't contribute at all. I've never been in a relationship - primarily because I'm asexual - but also because I literally can't see myself as capable of maintaining such a relationship. If I can't even say "Hello" to the literal ace person I matched with on Tinder what can I do?

So... I don't know. I don't know why I'm making this thread or what I even want to get out of it. After nearly 24 years of not being able to learn how to be social, of constantly ending up as "that fat ugly alone guy in the corner," I have no idea what I can do outside of literally reinventing myself. But that's not possible, even on the internet. Because I'll always be me.

Yeah, sure, I can "go to therapy," and all that but going to therapy won't reverse all those years, and even in my best moments I still can't actually maintain anything. I could try to be social in groups and what-not but, well, if a group isn't already well-established it's probably not accessible to me anyway. Literally all the people where I live are old Tories or young kids, and I have to take a 2-hour journey to get anywhere where that isn't automatically the case. Of course that's ignoring the fact that, during school and university - when people my age and with similar interests were plentiful - I still ended up being "that lonely guy." It's only going to get so much harder now that I'm older and jobs, children, marriage, etc make the pool of people who'd even have the literal time to put up with me so much smaller.

So, again, I don't know. I'm probably going to be deleting my account here, knowing I can't make another, because I just know that I'll eventually fuck things up here as well somehow. I've been here for over 3 years now and I can't say that I've contributed anything but making people hate me.

If anyone can give me any tips, or know-how, or anything, that would be very much appreciated but I cannot say that it'll help. Sorry.

This is one of those guys who has spent the last year ranting about Covid and insulting his co-workers. It's an insight into the real life consequences of someone who has wasted their time drama hunting. He's ended up hopeless and friendless. At 24. I wouldn't be surprised if all Ree's "prominents" live like this.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/honestly-i-think-that-im-always-going-to-be-alone-and-i-dont-know-what-to-do.520440/
Maybe he should start supporting others and see where that gets him :idont

Do something people don't expect you to do and genuinely listen to what they have to say.
🤴

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #8636 on: November 27, 2021, 07:44:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/honestly-i-think-that-im-always-going-to-be-alone-and-i-dont-know-what-to-do.520440/

Why are you always arguing and fighting the people around you?

I don't know - it's just what I do. I get into these long-winded pointless arguments over bullshit stuff because I can't just let people be slightly ignorant about something, or even just have a different opinion to me. It's led me to feeling like I can't relate to anyone because everyone, including myself, is gonna have a shitty opinion about something or a point-of-view that misaligns with mine.

Modship incoming?
Oi Oi

Propagandhim

« Reply #8637 on: November 27, 2021, 07:59:16 AM »

I get into these long-winded pointless arguments over bullshit stuff because I can't just let people be slightly ignorant about something, or even just have a different opinion to me.

Honestly I couldn't tell you exactly why I'm averse to going. It's probably partly money - I don't exactly have the best job right now and the amount of sessions needed will be costly.

A case of, "everyone is dumber than me even though I work a menial job".  Haven't seen this yet on resetera.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #8638 on: November 27, 2021, 08:02:35 AM »
I'm thinking of moving to Scotland

Jesus. He might as well save time and jump in front of a bus.

Top Page Otter

« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 08:07:16 AM by Snoopycat_ »

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #8639 on: November 27, 2021, 08:16:43 AM »
  User banned (1 month): Dismissing concerns around representation and sexualized designs, inflammatory generalisation

https://www.resetera.com/threads/2021-has-been-a-great-year-for-female-character-design.519729/page-5#post-77706804

💯💯

Character design discourse on Era really hasn't evolved beyond the hardline anti-sexualization mindset that seemed to explode in popularity partway into the 7th console generation. Boring, artless shit.

Watching users in this thread parade around the blandest, frumpiest, most unseasoned* outfits as "GrEaT cHaRaCtER dEsIGn" at the expense of some genuinely striking (and usually Japanese) design work is painful.

*Obviously I'm being hyperbolic, but this is a thread where a middle-aged white woman in a space suit is being treated as some sort of artistic revelation, so when in Rome... 🤷🏾‍♂️

Poor guy, innocently wanders into a thread, makes a comment about how actually some of the designs are pretty bland and boom, erased. Seems like another case of silencing minority voices.

As for the progressive Hijab, “Boy, have you gone lost your mind?”

Jesus Christ. This whole thread is show me you that are a total fucking prude with shit design taste while saying you platform horrible design choices that try to elevate frumpiness to an art form... and fail.

Their 'examples' of great female design:

(Image removed from quote.)