Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1821193 times)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands

Snoopycat_

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #8701 on: November 29, 2021, 08:50:10 AM »
That's the special needs case who thinks cats should never be allowed out of houses because they're not evolved enough to avoid cars or drowning themselves. Also claimed they get murked by serial killers, owls and snakes

Ignorance IS a bliss! Oh boy, hope you do not have any cats yourself. :)

UK does have cars, pools, lakes, waterbodies, humans who go on kill spree of cats, seagulls, foxes do kill a good amount of cats, dogs are a danger to cats even if they are pets, especially when your cat strays through gardens. Other cats do include diseases infected stray cats as well, but also pet cats can be dangerous, especially (but not exclusively) if pet owner are ignorant assholes who do not consider fiv/felv to be a reason to keep your cat inside (cuz "it would so much stress for the cat" = i dont want to invest time and energy into my pet to care for it) and dont care about the (cat) community's (stray) cat's health.

Raptors are plenty in uk too, more than 15 different species. Eagles, hawks and falcons... Buzzard just being one mention worth kind of the plenty. Owls do exist in UK too.

Snakes do exist in UK too. Dont underestimate the power of rats. And the most ignored one are ticks.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8702 on: November 29, 2021, 09:04:42 AM »
first covid omnicron, now raptors  :gloomy
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8703 on: November 29, 2021, 09:31:39 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8704 on: November 29, 2021, 09:44:48 AM »
That's the special needs case who thinks cats should never be allowed out of houses because they're not evolved enough to avoid cars or drowning themselves. Also claimed they get murked by serial killers, owls and snakes

UK does have cars, pools, lakes, waterbodies, humans who go on kill spree of cats, seagulls, foxes do kill a good amount of cats, dogs are a danger to cats even if they are pets, especially when your cat strays through gardens. Other cats do include diseases infected stray cats as well, but also pet cats can be dangerous, especially (but not exclusively) if pet owner are ignorant assholes who do not consider fiv/felv to be a reason to keep your cat inside (cuz "it would so much stress for the cat" = i dont want to invest time and energy into my pet to care for it) and dont care about the (cat) community's (stray) cat's health.

Raptors are plenty in uk too, more than 15 different species. Eagles, hawks and falcons... Buzzard just being one mention worth kind of the plenty. Owls do exist in UK too.

Snakes do exist in UK too. Dont underestimate the power of rats. And the most ignored one are ticks.

I cba, but this really needs the virgin US cat terrified of life, shitting in a sandbox, bullied by rats and owls, has fiv, versus the CHAD UK cat terrifies local dogs, fucks up snakes and falcons, has 5 different homes that all think they're the only one etc

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #8705 on: November 29, 2021, 09:52:43 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/most-immunocompromised-people-can-receive-the-covid-19-vaccine.520971/#post-77826051
 :badass

HELLO MURICANS, HERE ARE MURICAN INFOS, DONT GET MAD IF YOURE NOT MURICAN COS I AM SO FUCK YOU

Quote from: Morrigan
"I got a 3rd shot because my health is so fragile that I could easily die if I don't take it"

"You're privileged and arrogant"

?????????

From the perspective of someone who can't even get the vaccine? Yes?

RE preaches the concept of privilege so often but gets mad the second someone mentions that they're privileged as well

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8707 on: November 29, 2021, 10:33:11 AM »
  User banned (1 month): Dismissing concerns around representation and sexualized designs, inflammatory generalisation

https://www.resetera.com/threads/2021-has-been-a-great-year-for-female-character-design.519729/page-5#post-77706804

💯💯

Character design discourse on Era really hasn't evolved beyond the hardline anti-sexualization mindset that seemed to explode in popularity partway into the 7th console generation. Boring, artless shit.

Watching users in this thread parade around the blandest, frumpiest, most unseasoned* outfits as "GrEaT cHaRaCtER dEsIGn" at the expense of some genuinely striking (and usually Japanese) design work is painful.

*Obviously I'm being hyperbolic, but this is a thread where a middle-aged white woman in a space suit is being treated as some sort of artistic revelation, so when in Rome... 🤷🏾‍♂️

Poor guy, innocently wanders into a thread, makes a comment about how actually some of the designs are pretty bland and boom, erased. Seems like another case of silencing minority voices.

As for the progressive Hijab, “Boy, have you gone lost your mind?”

Jesus Christ. This whole thread is show me you that are a total fucking prude with shit design taste while saying you platform horrible design choices that try to elevate frumpiness to an art form... and fail.

Their 'examples' of great female design:

(Image removed from quote.)

The girls from NEO: The World Ends With You are kawaii, 10/10 design tbh.  :expert
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8708 on: November 29, 2021, 11:03:32 AM »
unrelated:
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/what-we-do/news-stories/news/us-must-stop-hoarding-excess-covid-19-vaccine-doses

Millions of people remain at risk of dying from COVID-19 because high-income countries (HICs), including the US, continue to hoard excess vaccine doses

this is such problematic misinformation for doctors without borders to spread

we've gone over this hundreds of times, no one in the US makes enough to rent even tiny apartments, no one can feed their families, that's why everyone is choosing not to work minimum wage jobs anymore, the public is fed up

the US is not a "high income country" and to claim so reeks of unexamined privilege
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8709 on: November 29, 2021, 11:29:52 AM »
The US is not even an high energy country anymore :fbm

Also doctors without borders, more like doctors without pants
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-oxfam-msf-idUSKCN1FY2QC

https://www.businessinsider.com/doctors-without-borders-faces-with-allegations-of-racism-and-segregation-2021-9?international=true&r=US&IR=T

Poor Africa when we send our people we're not sending our best, polluters, colonizers, loansharks, racists, rapists, drug dealers and some I assume are good people.
🤴

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #8710 on: November 29, 2021, 11:52:13 AM »

Quote from: IneptEMP
I do know that black folks have been using "let's go" in this way for ages. So, that clues me in on why it's so popular now.

:hhh

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-go-where-did-it-come-from-and-how-did-it-get-so-ubiquitous.520656/post-77807292
Neoprene
Came in to say the same thing. I've been hearing my folks say "Let's go!" as an affirmative expression of excitement or success since I've been alive.

How strange.  I grew up in Colorado and have heard it all my life!  Therefore it must've been invented in Colorado.  Why, no, I've never heard of the word solipsism.
sigh

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8711 on: November 29, 2021, 11:53:38 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-omicron-variant-poses-very-high-global-risk-likely-to-spread.521061/#post-77837412
With Red states like Florida still hell bent on making masks and vaccine mandates political, I wonder how they will code switch to get the upper middle class white Americans to get vaccinated. The poor white Americans will be fodder as usual as I’m sure they know they can’t change their minds anymore.

Same dude:
User Banned (1 Month): Advocating the Bullying of Children
I hope at least one of his grandchildren gets bullied too
https://www.resetera.com/threads/japanese-composer-cornelius-who-abused-disabled-classmates-and-forced-them-to-perform-sex-acts-remains-involved-in-tokyo-olympics-up-he-quit.458274/#post-69657525

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8712 on: November 29, 2021, 11:53:42 AM »
Let's-a-go! :mario
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8713 on: November 29, 2021, 11:58:30 AM »
Nintendo has the nerve to steal let's go from blacks yet don't add black characters in Smash  :hmph

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8714 on: November 29, 2021, 12:06:25 PM »

Quote from: IneptEMP
I do know that black folks have been using "let's go" in this way for ages. So, that clues me in on why it's so popular now.

:hhh

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lets-go-where-did-it-come-from-and-how-did-it-get-so-ubiquitous.520656/post-77807292
Neoprene
Came in to say the same thing. I've been hearing my folks say "Let's go!" as an affirmative expression of excitement or success since I've been alive.

How strange.  I grew up in Colorado and have heard it all my life!  Therefore it must've been invented in Colorado.  Why, no, I've never heard of the word solipsism.

After cultural imperialism Nepenthe also wants to give cultural appropriation a spin.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #8715 on: November 29, 2021, 12:09:21 PM »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8716 on: November 29, 2021, 12:10:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/who-omicron-variant-poses-very-high-global-risk-likely-to-spread.521061/page-3#post-77848764
My instincts on staying home over Thanksgiving were right on the money.
You mean stay in the basement.

SmokyDave

« Reply #8717 on: November 29, 2021, 12:22:21 PM »
My folks have been saying ‘send it’ and ‘yeet’ since the 70’s. Just to get ahead of next weeks ‘why is the world all about me?’ question.

(I am waiting on a ‘who is allowed to say ‘dash’ instead of throw?’ thread). Me. That’s who.

Propagandhim

« Reply #8718 on: November 29, 2021, 12:27:38 PM »
i was the first person to come up with 'queef' while everyone was still saying 'pussy fart' and now the kurdish people stole that one from me.  they deserve everything they got as far as im concerned

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #8719 on: November 29, 2021, 01:47:56 PM »
Imagine living in like the 1400's and the priests are trying to make you and your friends to stop fornicating with the livestock, and you're just like FUCK! Mad respect to that guy.
©@©™

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8720 on: November 29, 2021, 01:59:19 PM »
That's how long the deep state has been trying to deny us our basics freedoms :info
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8721 on: November 29, 2021, 02:07:22 PM »

Cats shouldn't be allowed outside because they are sadistic, evil killing machines that destroy native wildlife. The only good cat is a dead one.
Spud

killamajig

« Reply #8722 on: November 29, 2021, 04:40:30 PM »
 :cat

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8723 on: November 29, 2021, 05:03:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/2021-has-been-a-great-year-for-female-character-design.519729/page-5#post-77705718
User Banned (Duration Pending Review): Dismissing concerns on sexism and colorism over multiple posts; misrepresenting other users. Prior severe bans for dismissing concerns of sexism and racist representation.
MOD EDIT This ban was for misrepresenting other users' concerns of colorism, including implying that these concerns only come from "foreign" members; in addition, the vast majority of users in the linked thread disagreed with the thread premise, which is another misrepresentation.
Again, there’s light skinned Mexicans too living here. I know this because I’m one of them. Everytime I read some random foreign comment with thinly veiled “so and so isn’t Mexican enough because their skin is too light” assertions they never fail to rub me the wrong way. I would be banned on the spot, and rightfully so, if I said something like “Ms Marvel from Avengers is too brown to be an American”. Issues of colorism aside (which of course exist) there’s diversity in skin colors in Mexico too.

Now I’m remembering that disgusting thread before FFVIIR came out where we had pages and pages of ppl arguing how Barret wasn’t “black enough” because his hair wasn’t curly enough, his nose wasn’t wide enough, or his skin wasn’t dark enough (to some Era members). Can we, like, not keep doing that please? And yes that thread was real. If you want I’ll look it up and post a link but I’d rather not have to it it’s not necessary. It happened in 2019 sometime after that E3 re-reveal.

EDIT: I don’t know why I do this to myself but I looked for said disgusting Barret thread from 2019. It all stemmed from one particular image where an explosion was happening near him that illuminated his face and made him look lighter skinned. It went on for 14 pages and oh boy what went down wasn’t pretty. And yes the thread title says “Barret looks white”: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...ns-are-mad-because-barret-looks-white.117164/

Not Era’s finest hour.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #8724 on: November 29, 2021, 05:38:20 PM »
Again, there’s light skinned Mexicans too living here. I know this because I’m one of them. Everytime I read some random foreign comment with thinly veiled “so and so isn’t Mexican enough because their skin is too light” assertions they never fail to rub me the wrong way.

Pato O'Ward...Mexican professional auto racing driver
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pato_O%27Ward
OBE

Propagandhim

« Reply #8725 on: November 29, 2021, 05:50:31 PM »
Come on man -- These people are race-essentialists, with genetics constantly on the mind.  You know they don't consider Pato a Mexican.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #8726 on: November 29, 2021, 05:55:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/2021-has-been-a-great-year-for-female-character-design.519729/page-5#post-77705718
User Banned (Duration Pending Review): Dismissing concerns on sexism and colorism over multiple posts; misrepresenting other users. Prior severe bans for dismissing concerns of sexism and racist representation.
MOD EDIT This ban was for misrepresenting other users' concerns of colorism, including implying that these concerns only come from "foreign" members; in addition, the vast majority of users in the linked thread disagreed with the thread premise, which is another misrepresentation.
Again, there’s light skinned Mexicans too living here. I know this because I’m one of them. Everytime I read some random foreign comment with thinly veiled “so and so isn’t Mexican enough because their skin is too light” assertions they never fail to rub me the wrong way. I would be banned on the spot, and rightfully so, if I said something like “Ms Marvel from Avengers is too brown to be an American”. Issues of colorism aside (which of course exist) there’s diversity in skin colors in Mexico too.

Now I’m remembering that disgusting thread before FFVIIR came out where we had pages and pages of ppl arguing how Barret wasn’t “black enough” because his hair wasn’t curly enough, his nose wasn’t wide enough, or his skin wasn’t dark enough (to some Era members). Can we, like, not keep doing that please? And yes that thread was real. If you want I’ll look it up and post a link but I’d rather not have to it it’s not necessary. It happened in 2019 sometime after that E3 re-reveal.

EDIT: I don’t know why I do this to myself but I looked for said disgusting Barret thread from 2019. It all stemmed from one particular image where an explosion was happening near him that illuminated his face and made him look lighter skinned. It went on for 14 pages and oh boy what went down wasn’t pretty. And yes the thread title says “Barret looks white”: https://www.resetera.com/threads/fi...ns-are-mad-because-barret-looks-white.117164/

Not Era’s finest hour.

God, that list of 'best female character designs of 2021', it seems that RE's example of "good female character design" == as frumpy as possible.
^_^

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8727 on: November 29, 2021, 06:09:05 PM »
Quote from: Protoman200X
A shoutout to Sam, Alva, and Isabel from the indie Action-Adventure game Eastward. In a game where the cast is oozing with character and personality (even silent protagonist John leaves a strong impression), you also have some of the coolest female characters that leave a strong impression long after you complete the game. I would list more, but I would do a great disservice for you to not check out this lovely little game.

the dictionary definition of frumpy
Uncle

clothedmacuser

« Reply #8728 on: November 29, 2021, 06:09:36 PM »

When you said "cats" I thought you were using slang to mean people.  Specifically people from Era because the line they "never be allowed out of houses because they're not evolved enough to avoid cars or drowning themselves. Also claimed they get murked by serial killers, owls and snakes,"  sounds like it defines most Eronians.  Trigger prone weirdos who have to take a day off if they see a protest sign they don't like.
sigh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8729 on: November 29, 2021, 06:24:57 PM »

Not Era’s finest hour.

I like how they threw in a "dismissing concerns of sexism" for good measure even if this isn't relevant to post at all.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #8730 on: November 29, 2021, 06:31:39 PM »
Come on man -- These people are race-essentialists, with genetics constantly on the mind.  You know they don't consider Pato a Mexican.

Daniel Suárez...Mexican professional stock car racing driver
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Su%C3%A1rez
OBE

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8731 on: November 29, 2021, 07:05:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jussie-smollett-trial-begins-nearly-3-years-after-setting-up-fake-attack-on-himself.521295/

the backlash people here received because they thought some guy on a fox show white supremacists definitely don't watch was recognized by racists and attacked on the way to subway at 3am during a snowstorm was weird...whew...

i stayed quiet tho...

This is a weird thing to brag about.

Cool story.

What is the point you're trying to make here?

They're still mad  :lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8732 on: November 29, 2021, 07:07:46 PM »
 :juicy
Uncle

railGUN

• If my bones are breaking would you tell me that I'm weak?
« Reply #8733 on: November 29, 2021, 07:11:27 PM »
That thread will generate a large amount of reports and subsequently will be locked until they review them.

It will never be unlocked. Ever. Mark my words.
Fish<

Averon

« Reply #8734 on: November 29, 2021, 07:19:40 PM »
Quote from: Dekim
I mean, his whole story was bullshit from the jump.

Who goes out in the dead of winter in January in Chicago for a Subway sandwich at 3 AM?
Why would some racist Trumpers be standing around a Subway shop in Chicago at 3 AM during a bitterly cold, snowy, night?
Why would a bunch of racist Trumpers even know who he is? Are Trumpers fans of Empire or something?

:hesright

A post like that would have gotten you permbanned if you made it in the initial hours of that Smollet thread on ERA. No critical thinking or doubt of Smollet's "story" was allowed until the lies became so obvious that even his strongest defenders had to shut up.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 07:49:56 PM by Averon »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #8735 on: November 29, 2021, 07:37:12 PM »

Who goes out in the dead of winter in January in Chicago for a Subway sandwich at 3 AM?
Why would some racist Trumpers be standing around a Subway shop in Chicago at 3 AM during a bitterly cold, snowy, night?
Why would a bunch of racist Trumpers even know who he is? Are Trumpers fans of Empire or something?

A post like that wold have gotten you permbanned if you made it in the initial hours of that Smollet thread on ERA. No critical thinking or doubt of Smollet's "story" was allowed until the lies became so obvious that even his strongest defenders had to shut up.
That was par of the course during that time.
If you questioned the fact that Trump was a Russian spy you were probably a Russian spy yourself.

The stories got wilder every day.
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8736 on: November 29, 2021, 07:46:40 PM »
:juicy

most people don't even remember this or care, he's just a meme in extremely online right wing circles.

:notlikethis

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8737 on: November 29, 2021, 07:49:24 PM »

A post like that wold have gotten you permbanned if you made it in the initial hours of that Smollet thread on ERA. No critical thinking or doubt of Smollet's "story" was allowed until the lies became so obvious that even his strongest defenders had to shut up.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jussie-smollett-indicted-by-special-prosecutor.169610/page-2#post-29039327

The prosecution of Jussie Smollett is racist!

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8738 on: November 29, 2021, 07:50:48 PM »
Bragging on making ZeoVagina look like a dumbass from that thread hell yeah I'm gonna brag.

clothedmacuser

« Reply #8739 on: November 29, 2021, 07:51:13 PM »
Quote from: zeovgm
A person lying about being the victim of a hate crime is extremely fucking rare. The majority (most -- not all) of those who received "backlash" as rude describes received that backlash for immediately doubting him or blatantly calling him a liar.

It's not okay to call someone a liar when they make an accusation like this. As more information comes out and the situation changes, it's fine to revisit the story.

"Bigfoot raped my black ass!"

--- Uhmmmmmmmm.

"What are you racist and don't believe me?"

-- Sigh.
sigh

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #8740 on: November 29, 2021, 07:54:27 PM »
ZeoVagina:
But don't brag about being right.
Who the hell is bragging?  This was three years ago, Christ let it go.

You know you spend too much time on this forum when you're trying to get credit from a three year old thread topic.
:dead

Snoopycat_

« Reply #8741 on: November 29, 2021, 07:57:58 PM »

When you said "cats" I thought you were using slang to mean people.  Specifically people from Era because the line they "never be allowed out of houses because they're not evolved enough to avoid cars or drowning themselves. Also claimed they get murked by serial killers, owls and snakes,"  sounds like it defines most Eronians.  Trigger prone weirdos who have to take a day off if they see a protest sign they don't like.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Ree claimed they were menaced by an owl

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8742 on: November 29, 2021, 08:00:24 PM »
some of you fucks reported me  :maf

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #8743 on: November 29, 2021, 08:06:24 PM »
Ew

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #8744 on: November 29, 2021, 08:23:44 PM »
Worst is he acts like his shit doesn’t stink and he’s an ally to all.
Like if anyone has profited from archaic systems in place to control women it’s him.
But he goes around talking like he’s a feminist. If you’re that much of a feminist, let your prisoner free.
Let her have the choice to marry you, instead of your parents sending three goats and some land in Pakistan.
https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/1464345856186978310

:badass
messefanago first wife

In 2003, Shafilea was drugged and taken to Pakistan by her parents, who told her she would be marrying her cousin and staying in the country.

But the teenager took drastic action by drinking bleach to avoid having to go through the marriage.

Shahin says: "For sure it’s a cry for help and maybe for her it was the only way out. Just to stop the wedding from happening. Because then she would be seen as damaged goods and she couldn’t be married off."

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8745 on: November 29, 2021, 08:29:25 PM »

Canelo Alvarez
Spud

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8746 on: November 29, 2021, 08:44:29 PM »
A shoutout to Sam, Alva, and Isabel from the indie Action-Adventure game Eastward. In a game where the cast is oozing with character and personality (even silent protagonist John leaves a strong impression), you also have some of the coolest female characters that leave a strong impression long after you complete the game. I would list more, but I would do a great disservice for you to not check out this lovely little game.

They're fine, good even. But people shouldn't hold them up like this is the only way to design characters and any other way is bad and offensive.
dog

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #8747 on: November 29, 2021, 08:54:34 PM »

Tasteful SD badasses
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8748 on: November 29, 2021, 08:56:16 PM »

Canelo Alvarez

chris pratt begins to adapt to his role as mario
Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #8749 on: November 29, 2021, 08:58:15 PM »
This dude is spazzing out again -

Cash bail is literally "guilty until proven innocent and you're probably too poor to have a lawyer find you innocent" for poor people.

Bret Stephens last week wrote a column praising Bill Clinton for executing a mentally disabled man and attacked modern Dems for being against cash bail because more than 0 people who have electronic monitoring instead of cash bail will commit a crime and it's just like.

You are openly arguing for a police state where guilt is assumed for the poor.

Whenever the suspect is poor, these assholes are going "even one crime committed is too much, we must put all potential criminals in jail as long as possible"

And whenever the suspect is rich and accused of rape, these assholes go "the beautiful of the legal system means that we as Americans must not pass any judgment until the jury decides whether or not the suspect is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt!"

It's just so fucking transparent. I hate these assholes so much.

Some people will commit crimes with electronic monitoring that wouldn't if they were in jail. It's not going to be that many as it's very hard to commit a crime and get away with it if you have an ankle bracelet on. The slight increase in crimes is worth people not being in prison.

Bret Stephens and the other people who promote this garbage should be jeered every time they're in public. People who want a full police state are better than these assholes.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/it-never-makes-me-not-furious-when-people-who-decry-cancel-culture-or-who-promote-innocent-until-proven-guilty-with-the-rich-defend-cash-bail.521235/

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #8750 on: November 29, 2021, 09:03:13 PM »

Not Era’s finest hour.

God, that list of 'best female character designs of 2021', it seems that RE's example of "good female character design" == as frumpy as possible.
Don't get me wrong, there is still a long way to go, but I really hope the trend continues in 2022.
Go where? The characters in the OP are already as safe as you can go, for their standards.  ???
What even is the end game? If it was representation of non-sexualized female characters, it's already here.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8751 on: November 29, 2021, 09:05:30 PM »

The end game of the burka brigade
Spud

Propagandhim

« Reply #8752 on: November 29, 2021, 09:07:10 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jussie-smollett-indicted-by-special-prosecutor.169610/page-2#post-29039327

The prosecution of Jussie Smollett is racist!

That has nothing to do with what I said. People invested in this situation, today, are largely vengeful white people. It’s not an inaccurate characterization, look at this topic on twitter.

I was invested in the story because it was some of the funniest, most entertaining shit ever - especially after the case was cracked open and you all looked like a bunch of gullible, dumpster-iq dipshits.   :lol 

I'm the gay tupac!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #8753 on: November 29, 2021, 09:07:46 PM »
Don't get me wrong, there is still a long way to go, but I really hope the trend continues in 2022.
Go where? The characters in the OP are already as safe as you can go, for their standards.  ???
What even is the end game? If it was representation of non-sexualized female characters, it's already here.

it's not that existing characters need to be even more safe and unfeminized, it's that all future characters need to match that standard

we need to go a year without one single game displaying cleavage, let's go people
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #8754 on: November 29, 2021, 09:08:30 PM »
Jussie thread on Reeeeesetera finally brought me here, so joke's on thebore really
Spud

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #8755 on: November 29, 2021, 09:09:29 PM »

They'd unironically post this if this was a character in a game and anyone who questions the greatness of Burkas gets banned after Messi compares them to bikinis

Tuckers Law

« Reply #8756 on: November 29, 2021, 09:19:04 PM »

They look like the typically twee and precocious leads so common with indie games these days.

"Oh look how adorable and perfect our little girl lead character is, she's so clever and brave and adorbs!"  Fuck you.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 09:23:14 PM by Tuckers Law »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #8757 on: November 29, 2021, 09:30:32 PM »
Margs

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #8758 on: November 29, 2021, 09:53:08 PM »
I like the bushy hair but roll up ya damn sleeves

Averon

« Reply #8759 on: November 29, 2021, 09:55:35 PM »

:donot :nope

This is still too raunchy and male gazey for them. She's wearing "lady shoes" showing the bare skin of the top of her feet. Plus, she's wearing makeup, another sign this is intent on getting men's rocks off.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 11:00:42 AM by Averon »