Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1825862 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #9420 on: December 09, 2021, 04:57:33 PM »
Where’s benji?

right chea (points at crotch)
(ice)

Klelk

« Reply #9421 on: December 09, 2021, 05:03:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-game-awards-2021-ot-end-abuse-and-harassment-of-employees-in-the-video-game-industry.524706/

(look, if The Game Awards aren’t going to say anything about it, l will.)

:ego

Another crisis solved with a resetera thread title

Didn't you see what the Nintendo thread did for Palestine?  :jawalrus

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #9422 on: December 09, 2021, 05:05:26 PM »

:rejoice :rejoice :rejoice
Oi Oi

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #9423 on: December 09, 2021, 05:28:55 PM »

uh oh

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #9424 on: December 09, 2021, 05:57:19 PM »
the kenny olivier avatar :cornette
(ice)

Jansen

« Reply #9425 on: December 09, 2021, 06:12:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/blizzard-employee-had-her-breastmilk-stolen-from-fridge.525483/

I'm going to need a reputable news outlet to corroborate this story before I can believe it

Sorry, Twitter source.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #9426 on: December 09, 2021, 06:13:23 PM »
was that bitch cambodian is what suckas gots to know?

« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 06:23:17 PM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9427 on: December 09, 2021, 06:44:06 PM »
But was the jizz stolen?  ???

Pumping at the office seems like some latestagecapitalism shit
🤴

Crumb

• *cough*

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #9429 on: December 09, 2021, 07:19:07 PM »
Someone should post the old thread  :teehee
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-actor-jussie-smollett-found-guilty-of-lying-to-police-in-hate-crime-hoax.525489/

Quote from: FinaleFilabuster
If you gonna stage something don’t pay people in check4s.

Considering how stressful these topics have historically been, I so appreciate that you posted this and this sets the tone for the first page.

:popular

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #9430 on: December 09, 2021, 07:48:30 PM »
ResetERA.com: CDPR and Harry Potter are banned due to their creators supporting LGBT+ but in an insufficient manner according to extremists
Also ResetERA.com: ActiBlizz, UbiSoft, and every developer in history (Source: B-Dubs) may be accused of criminal conduct but it's not like we can ban people from enjoying those things, that would be wrong

benjipwns

« Reply #9431 on: December 09, 2021, 07:56:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-think-im-non-binary.525213/post-78396324
Quote from: FloraSKittens
Of course you're non-binary, OP. Binary gender is a colonial conspiracy and does not appear in nature. Nature expresses sex and gender each through a single root with infinite variation, something the colonial conspiracy suppresses through a variety of means, including brutal surgery, violent social enforcement (including through legislation), and a constant bombardment of propaganda. People who claim binary gender identity are deluded at best, and actively, consciously committing genocide at worst.

This is not a new idea. The "Long Eighteenth Century" is a history of suppressing the truth through a fraudulent structure of fabricated science.
They banned this person for speaking truth to power:
User banned (permanent): concern trolling
I like how none of the responses pointed out that nature is very binary, at least according to the colonizers science.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9432 on: December 09, 2021, 08:10:03 PM »
boys used to wear dresses in olden days so anyone who thinks they are being non-binary by cross dressing are actually tapping into a well of deep-seated, instinctive masculinity

they cannot help but return to their masculine nature, and in doing so, express their need to conquer by encroaching on any small amounts of cultural territory that women have managed to claw out for themselves

the man says, "sorry sweetie, this is mine too"
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #9433 on: December 09, 2021, 08:24:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/all-elite-wrestling-ot8-anxious-millennial-cowboy-champion.514380/post-78332580

So the gist of this seems to be that AEW is having crossgender matches where a dude and a chick face off. Some of these posts are setup for the good part. Spoiler cuz tweet is big, but image/video of one part of one match.
Might be an unpopular opinion…I’m all for intergender matches but have zero interest seeing a guy chop the absolute shit out of a woman like that. If AEW ends up running matches like this, no chance spots like that are allowed, esp on tv.
gotta admit that I felt very uneasy seeing that photo of Shida with the Danielson esque red marks on her shoulder. intergender matches are a no for me outside of mixed tag that forces an instant tag out for a man if a woman gets tagged and vice versa.
Quote from: bluexy
y'all are 100% weird.

this is wrestling. women's wrestling is wrestling. there isn't men's wrestling and then frou-frou wrestling where the hot girls pretend to wrestle, too. women's wrestling is at its best when they are fucking destroying each other -- just like men's wrestling! watch stardom. watch gcw. or any of over a dozen indie shows. women wrestlers take this shit incredibly seriously. to insinuate that they should or shouldn't be able to take a wrestling move or can't partake in the violence of the sport is complete bullshit.

tired of these sexist views of what a woman is capable of and how it's actually respectful for men to treat women as soft and to go easy on them in a SPORT THAT IS FAKE AND ENTIRELY CHOREOGRAPHED AND CONSENSUAL.

give me your scarred up, half-blind, broken bones with metal plates, red-chested warrior women and let them trade chops with minoru suzuki ASAP. wrestling is worse because of its sexist proclivities. intergender matches are the future.
the markings inflicted onto Shida in the tweet she sent out were not make up, they were legit and were intentionally caused by a male wrestler. Excuse me if that’s something that I don’t like seeing.

Women can do anything a man can and I don’t think either me or Luschient suggested anything that said they couldn’t. The hardcore match Britt had with Rosa is up there with the best matches AEW has ever done.
The context matters a lot. This was clearly a kind of initiation/recognition of her being part of the crew, a celebration of 10 years in the biz. It's something she appears proud of.

I am wary of intergender matches with green workers for a variety of reasons, but people 10 years in, with good relationships and understanding of the biz can do whatever they want imho.
Not sure why you mention the make up cuz no one said anything about this.

And that match fucking rules. Y'all are weird.
Before we start calling people weird sexists, maybe we can put a little more thought into the possible reasons that some have an aversion to male on female violence, scripted or otherwise

Like, there are very real and serious reasons that some people find those kinds of images discomforting
No. Seriously, fuck off with this shit. This is so insulting and sexist. Just get the fuck out of here comparing WOMEN'S JOBS to abuse. Absolutely disgusting. In one swoop, you hold women back in wrestling while also insulting millions who suffer from actual abuse.

What a day for several dudes in this thread to reveal how little they actually think of women.
Never said it shouldn't exist or that others shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it, but I guess since it personally makes me uncomfortable based on my own life experiences, I don't care about women

But hey, thanks for telling me that the PTSD I have from witnessing violent domestic abuse when I was a child is not a valid reason for me to be triggered by such things...really cool thing for you to do
Domestic abuse is abhorrent and a plague and your trauma and feelings are valid, but projecting that on Shida and further on an entire women's profession is objectively sexist and unacceptable.
Please don't tell me my feelings are valid and then immediately misrepresent what I'm saying in an effort to paint me as a sexist.

I made ZERO statement on the performers or the profession or anyone who actually does enjoy those spots and the only comparison I made was on a purely visual level.

All I said is that those kinds of images, in any setting or type of media, are a psychological trigger for me and possibly for others as well. I'm sorry that my brain works like that, but whatever.

I'll stop clogging the thread now.
My bad then. We were having a conversation where multiple people said they weren't supportive of intergender wrestling and drew parallels between it and domestic abuse. You joining into that conversation led me to believe that was the point you were making, too. If you were just sharing a personal comment, and not lending support to the idea that we shouldn't have intergender wrestling, then I apologize.
Jesus Christ bluexy , literally prefaced my post with the fact I support intergender wrestling, but now I’m sexist for not caring to see a dude welt up a woman’s chest? Fuck outta here with that.

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9434 on: December 09, 2021, 08:26:28 PM »
 :neogaf

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9435 on: December 09, 2021, 08:47:30 PM »
Someone should post the old thread  :teehee
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-actor-jussie-smollett-found-guilty-of-lying-to-police-in-hate-crime-hoax.525489/

Quote from: FinaleFilabuster
If you gonna stage something don’t pay people in check4s.

Considering how stressful these topics have historically been, I so appreciate that you posted this and this sets the tone for the first page.

:popular
Can one of the autists at kiwifarms please cross reference all the "fuck that guy" posters with their original takes from when this first got reported?

The most wack part of this case for me is the defense force I’ve seen for him

One of the weirdest/dumbest things that has happened in the last few years.
Yeah, but you know what was even weirder? The staunch defence of this bullshit by the Reseterats after it was blindingly obvious that he was lying.

You know what is hilarious? For a community that demands apologies from people for the most benign shit, no one has ever received an apology for the unjustified bullying that the mods meted out when their judgement in this was questioned...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 09:02:24 PM by Potato »
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #9436 on: December 09, 2021, 08:56:16 PM »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #9438 on: December 09, 2021, 09:36:31 PM »
Might be an unpopular opinion…I’m all for intergender matches but have zero interest seeing a guy chop the absolute shit out of a woman like that. If AEW ends up running matches like this, no chance spots like that are allowed, esp on tv.

"I'm all for intergender matches unless they hit each other"

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #9439 on: December 09, 2021, 09:36:56 PM »
lol those losers dunking on Juicy NOW, as if it wasn't completely obvious just days after that he was a fucking liar. Get rekt losers.

benjipwns

« Reply #9440 on: December 09, 2021, 09:40:36 PM »
lol at this being the defense closing:
https://twitter.com/MattFinnFNC/status/1468651129873522689

Yes, he's dumb enough to believe that. And so were the current President and Vice President of the United States. Hundreds more politicians and media figures. Thousands upon thousands of people on the internet. Etc.

benjipwns

« Reply #9441 on: December 09, 2021, 09:41:39 PM »

Boredfrom

« Reply #9442 on: December 09, 2021, 09:52:41 PM »
Why the fuck Wesley Crusher cares about what Chappelle says?

People discuss Chappelle like this was not the dude that got a mind crisis and stopped performing because white dudes believed that they could say the N-Word.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9443 on: December 09, 2021, 09:54:12 PM »
And why is Wesley Crusher calling people out for white privilege while he's mad at a black comedian.

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #9444 on: December 09, 2021, 09:57:28 PM »
I'd put money on Wheaton having some NASTY problematic skeletons in his closet, but since he's an F list celeb, no one gives a shit.

benjipwns

« Reply #9445 on: December 09, 2021, 10:07:30 PM »
Best part is how he goes "you're not the main character my dudes" to straight white cishet males while making himself the center of the entire rant. (Sure, he claims he's doing it on the behalf of the oppressed but he does that by centering his own voice.)

edit: omg, the follow up post is entirely about his own experience as a white cishet male :rofl
https://twitter.com/LucyRebel13/status/1468513500347568129

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #9446 on: December 09, 2021, 10:58:42 PM »

Yes, he's dumb enough to believe that. And so were the current President and Vice President of the United States. Hundreds more politicians and media figures. Thousands upon thousands of people on the internet. Etc.
Your honor what my client is accused of is so fucking stupid you cant believe he actually did it.

benjipwns

« Reply #9447 on: December 09, 2021, 11:15:15 PM »
He should have paid someone to attack him again outside the courthouse. "It's happening again! See!"

Propagandhim

« Reply #9448 on: December 09, 2021, 11:32:14 PM »
Quote from: toastytoasty
Why didn't he at least try this out in the south, during the summer time with take out of slightly higher quality than Subway? 

They desperately wanted it to be true

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9449 on: December 09, 2021, 11:32:42 PM »
Best part is how he goes "you're not the main character my dudes" to straight white cishet males while making himself the center of the entire rant. (Sure, he claims he's doing it on the behalf of the oppressed but he does that by centering his own voice.)

edit: omg, the follow up post is entirely about his own experience as a white cishet male :rofl
He also admits to a homophobic act in the past which would get him banned permanently from Reeeeesetera
Spud

wsippel

« Reply #9450 on: December 10, 2021, 12:32:57 AM »

Was that the defense attorney that stormed out of the courtroom crying because the judge yelled at her?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9451 on: December 10, 2021, 12:33:35 AM »

when your post starts "doing the numbers" so you tack on a personal advertisement

https://twitter.com/LucyRebel13/status/1468535079295066114
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9452 on: December 10, 2021, 12:38:36 AM »
https://twitter.com/DoBetterBeLove/status/1468909729758027788

oh yes comedy normalizes thoughts and is harmful on that basis

the same way video games normalize violence and are proven by numerous studies to cause real world violence

the same way that all the people talking about eating the rich and guillotining billionaires has led to the real world consequences we've seen with all those dead CEOs, all those people influenced by twitter to kill their bosses

in some ways, normalizing is worse than actual actions  :wag
Uncle

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #9454 on: December 10, 2021, 01:13:25 AM »
https://www.msnbc.com/opinion/jussie-smollett-being-found-guilty-hoax-will-hurt-lgbtq-folks-n1285638?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma
Jussie Smollett being found guilty of hoax will hurt LGBTQ folks reporting hate crimes

The Jussie Smollett saga may now be technically over after a Chicago jury found the actor guilty Thursday of five of the six counts he faced, but its impact will be — and has already been — felt for years to come. It doesn’t matter if the actor, who starred on “Empire,” really was beaten up by people yelling “This is MAGA country!” and is wrongly being punished or if he did stage an elaborate hoax, as the jury decided he did by finding him guilty of five counts of disorderly conduct.

Instead, the seemingly never-ending questions over the almost three years regarding the truthfulness of his account means the indisputable victims of hate crimes will now carry an even heavier burden of suspicion.

The only winners found as the dust settles are the members of the right who have declared themselves America’s real victims of hate and discrimination — people who have strategically made the Smollett case their go-to example for how the left operates and how it wrongly makes villains out of Donald Trump supporters.

Meaning Smollett's guilty verdict is their new crowning jewel as our culture wars rage on.

We couldn’t help but cover the story of a Black, gay celebrity who said he’d been attacked by Trump supporters. This wasn't just because it was a story involving a famous member of the community we covered, but also because for many of us who had been reporting on anti-LGBTQ crimes for years, we believed his case might help shine a light on the fact that LGBTQ folks — especially trans people — were dying at historic rates in the streets. Smollett claimed to have been attacked in those same streets.

Since journalists began accurately reporting trans homicides in the early 2010s, we have consistently seen a rise in anti-LGBTQ violence, with 2021 being the deadliest year on record, specifically for trans people. Black people in this country, regardless of their sexuality, also find themselves over-represented in FBI data documenting hate crimes in the U.S. each year.

With this guilty verdict, it’s really those people who lost — not just Smollett — with the winners being people who are now more emboldened in demanding even more from victims before receiving justice. Sure, Smollett may have lied — or at least was found guilty of it. But statistically most people who report these cases do not lie and are rarely ever believed.

What is so important for us to do in this moment, as we look to what’s next, is to ensure work is done to stop the epidemic of hate facing folks who look like Smollett. Trump supporters are not being subjected to hate crimes for supporting Trump on any level — full stop.

Trump is an expert in gaslighting America, and if we continue to allow the Smollett case, no matter where one stands on it, to detract attention from everyday people impacted by hate in this country, it would be the greatest gaslight moment of all — and a signal of more to come.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/reidout-blog/jussie-smollett-guilty-verdict-rcna8192
What conservatives should realize before they relish the Jussie Smollett verdict

The actor Jussie Smollett has been found guilty of lying to police in 2019 when he claimed he was the victim of a racist, homophobic attack in Chicago, bringing to a close one of the more bizarre high-profile celebrity cases in recent memory.

The Cook County State's Attorney's Office initially dropped all charges against Smollett, best known for his role on Fox’s “Empire." After a special prosecutor's review of the case, a grand jury indicted Smollett on similar charges last year.

Smollett told police in 2019 that he had been assaulted by two masked white men who shouted pro-Trump slogans, poured a bleach-like substance on him and tied a rope around his neck. But two brothers, Abimbola and Olabingo Osundairo, testified that Smollett asked them to stage the attack.

Abimbola Osundairo, who said he was friends with Smollett at the time, accused the actor of orchestrating the incident to draw media attention to actual hate mail he received in 2019. Olabinjo Osundairo told prosecutors that Smollett “had this crazy idea of getting attacked by two Trump supporters so he could post it on social media.”

Smollett held throughout the trial that the incident was not a hoax.

Nonetheless, the strange, seemingly ever-changing details in the case have provided nearly three years’ worth of material for comedians and online commentators. Some of it has been quite funny, in fact.

Even more comical, in my view, was the predictable conservative outrage over Smollett’s allegations. Conservatives took to social media in 2019 to express outrage over the dropped charges. How dare someone make such a heinous claim about followers of their dear leader, they screeched. Violent, masked white guys who shout Trump slogans and use chemical agents to attack victims?

Many on the right shamed those of us who knew such a claim was totally plausible — and then the Jan. 6 insurrection happened. 

benjipwns

« Reply #9456 on: December 10, 2021, 01:40:45 AM »
Oh they cool with Kanye again?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/drake-and-kanye-west-concert-will-be-streamed-live-on-amazon-prime-and-twitch-this-friday.524718/page-2
His latest album release thread started with a bunch of "FUCK THIS MAGA GHOUL" and "WHY ARE WE ALLOWING THIS THREAD?" but the mods said that wasn't cool and to let people enjoy what they enjoy and then it was like 20 pages of people mostly just talking about the album and his music with a few disclaimers like "while I hate him for supporting Republicans, this album was straight fire."

PogiJones

« Reply #9457 on: December 10, 2021, 01:46:16 AM »

"Just look at how outrageous and unlikely this story is to be true. So it must be true."

:brain

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #9458 on: December 10, 2021, 02:47:47 AM »
Folx or Folks is my trigger word, soon as it's said, I know some dumb shit is about to come after it.

Folks Ghoul

:rodney

Lol. How comes your posting here again? They finally ban you for careposting?

https://twitter.com/jeffhardystan/status/1469007181425123328
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 03:12:56 AM by Ghoul »

SmokyDave

« Reply #9459 on: December 10, 2021, 04:02:03 AM »
Quote from: S-Wind
Quote from: SilentRob
Thankfully many european justice systems work very, very differently than in the US. Any kind of jail sentence was out of the question from the beginning,. As it should be.
I'd like to believe that that would be true if she were not White.

I guess we may never know...

I like this, because it pulls back the curtain on their mindset. Not 'we will never know' or 'we can never know', but 'we may never know'. Interesting language.

Reminds me of gnostic atheists. From here.

benjipwns

« Reply #9460 on: December 10, 2021, 04:33:26 AM »
Man who spent 20 years in prison for rapes he was falsely accused of is eight years into suing the township and officer who did it, can't wait for ResetERA.com's thread:
https://twitter.com/billybinion/status/1469066572379705344
https://www.law.umich.edu/special/exoneration/Pages/casedetail.aspx?caseid=5182

benjipwns

« Reply #9461 on: December 10, 2021, 04:36:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/has-a-character-design-ever-prevented-you-from-enjoying-a-game-stealth-tormented-souls-thread.525090/post-78359754
Between Nier Automata and this, what's up with female protagonists wearing weird fetish looking dress.
(Image removed from quote.)
User Banned (2 Weeks): Intersex-phobic Rhetoric
Eggplant_Emoji_grande.png
No, that's Kaine in OG Nier, not 2B.
User Banned (2 Weeks): Making Light of Intersex-phobic Rhetoric
No, that's Kaine in OG Nier, not 2B.
Oh Fuck, that got me irl. Was definitely not expecting that followup, well-played.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #9462 on: December 10, 2021, 05:24:22 AM »
Would hardly call those jokes offensive.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #9463 on: December 10, 2021, 05:44:30 AM »

"I said a slur word when i was a teen, and it was the (black  :doge) comedians' fault!"  :lol
Whatever happened to "taking responsibility" as an act of white contrition, though? :thinking
How about you were a teen, and rightfully learnt a lesson in social nuance, humility and context, the hard way?

I really can't understand this idea of someone needing to be treated like a child all their life.

SmokyDave

« Reply #9464 on: December 10, 2021, 06:24:14 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/reuters-georgia-republicans-purge-black-democrats-from-county-election-boards.525216/page-2#post-78470400

Quote from: Angelus Errare
Cannot wait for black ppl to be blamed in 2024 for not getting out there and voting
Quote from: LegendofJoe
Those posts should necessitate an automatic permanent ban on this site.
They should but well…yea…
Well....yea.....they haven't actually happened you fucking lunatics.

Imagine booking your outrage three years in advance?!

benjipwns

« Reply #9465 on: December 10, 2021, 06:43:06 AM »
Thanks for the thread, lots of feel good posts with sound historiography:
Legit pissed that we saw all this happening in real time and certain influential pols were alright with it happening (probably because they're white supremacists).
Slow slide into tyranny.

Democrats paralyzed by fear.
I have to move out of this shit hole country asap.
I wonder if there'll be a point where elections will finally be removed. With the shrinking republican base, I can see no other way conservatives can win in the future.
What can be done?
There are two voting rights bills in the Senate, but can't really pass them due to Manchin and Sinema upholding white supremacy.

But here's the secret, it was always here. Ever since The Civil War. As the astute Professor Eddie Glaude has said, America has never dealt with its original sins of white supremacy.
I agree that the Constitution is garbage. It always was.
Absolutely in denial if you believe there will not be a civil war

and here is the secret

it ain’t the white nationalists who fight for freedom

it’s everyone vs the fascists who will have complete control through force

no scenario will lead to people just accepting fascism as the normal one party system of govt

the fascists are outnumbered and are going to continue this because it works and they feel boxed in watching the country change into something they don’t accept. They stayed in the shadows until the math was against them. They’re out in full force cheating and suppressing
Really wish it wasn't impossible to move out of this country before shit starts. It's going to get very very bad once a dictatorship starts. Especially if it's someone like Trump.
Maybe not every American is willing to fight fascism, but I have to believe there will be a fight.

People of color and a few brave white people like John Brown and other abolitionists have always been the ones with the courage to actually fight. Most white people in this country have always been fine with having a sham democracy.
Historically, the people who fight fascism have been groups of minorities that were slandered, falsely imprisoned, and murdered. The Black Panther Party, for example. I don't think the vast majority of white people are going to lift a finger.
I have a far right/Q person in my family I can check in on their social media from time to time. The current narrative is that the CIA/FBI and every other org is corrupt and our entire system need to collapse and be rebuilt under "their" guidelines. This is their plan all out in the open.
So you all are convinced that the USA will be run by a fascist dictator soon? As a Canadian that’s terrifying.
GOP won't rest until they have one and infinite power. Once they saw how easy it was in 2020, they've gone full steam ahead on it. All they need is congress/senate control and you'll never have a dem president again.
The GOP wants authoritarian capitalism controlled by one party. They want us to become China in other words, but worse because of our selfish individualistic culture.
Last civil war didn't have explosives, internet tech, drones, or guns like we do and it won't be pretty if the left ever gets as committed as the right is, it will also be necessary considering bullies and tyrants never back down.
Dems should grow a spine and just throw dirt as well to get what needs to be done. I dont care if they break the rules to pass progressive agenda. This reaching across the isles shit is DONE. Find out how to get the Dem majority (do the same shit GOP is doing, kick Reps out the seats and put your own), stack it to your advantage while its possible. It's obvious GOP isn't doing anything "illegal" so Dems should play by the same book, do questionable stuff and turn or keep counties Blue.
Democracy is ending in the US. I wish I could leave, because the writing is on the wall.
When you put it that way it sounds like there isn't necessarily a majority of Americans who are against fascism.
If that's really the case the only option is to break up the union.
Alternatively, if a majority of Americans are against fascism then you should break every rule that's standing between you and actual democracy.
Fascism can only ever exist as a reactionary, destructive movement. There's no actual theory or vision for a different government or world. It strictly exists as a reaction to perceived threats to right-wing hegemony, which is why it originally sprung out as a reaction to the fear of communism, and why America has a history of funding and aiding far-right movements across the globe. Which is really, when you boil it down, what a lot of this CRT crap is.
Quote from: Soliloquy of a Dogge
The world would be a better place if American "democracy" had failed as an institution.
It’s becoming clearer and clearer that they only way America will ever get fixed is through lots and lots of blood.

BisMarckie

« Reply #9466 on: December 10, 2021, 06:45:04 AM »
lol you backwards ass Yanks didn’t even have explosives.  :lol

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9467 on: December 10, 2021, 06:52:33 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/reuters-georgia-republicans-purge-black-democrats-from-county-election-boards.525216/page-2#post-78470400

Cannot wait for black ppl to be blamed in 2024 for not getting out there and voting

"yes I'd like to sign up for an I-told-you-so, to take place here three years from now"

"ah yes sir, we have an opening for that date. will you be bringing any guests?"

"yes three headmates will also be attending with me, but I'd better leave room for six in case more have joined by then"

"excellent sir"

:snob
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #9468 on: December 10, 2021, 07:57:23 AM »
Fascism can only ever exist as a reactionary, destructive movement. There's no actual theory or vision for a different government or world. It strictly exists as a reaction to perceived threats to right-wing hegemony, which is why it originally sprung out as a reaction to the fear of communism

No.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #9469 on: December 10, 2021, 08:34:03 AM »

"yes I'd like to sign up for an I-told-you-so, to take place here three years from now"

"ah yes sir, we have an opening for that date. will you be bringing any guests?"

"yes three headmates will also be attending with me, but I'd better leave room for six in case more have joined by then"

"excellent sir"

:snob

:social
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9470 on: December 10, 2021, 09:46:52 AM »
Fascism can only ever exist as a reactionary, destructive movement. There's no actual theory or vision for a different government or world. It strictly exists as a reaction to perceived threats to right-wing hegemony, which is why it originally sprung out as a reaction to the fear of communism

No.

not sure they intended to argue that the only reason we have fascism is due to communism
Uncle

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #9471 on: December 10, 2021, 10:58:56 AM »
Facism can only come from right wing extremist

:derp

spoiler (click to show/hide)
facials can only cum from extremes
[close]

« Reply #9472 on: December 10, 2021, 11:36:25 AM »
Oh they cool with Kanye again?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/drake-and-kanye-west-concert-will-be-streamed-live-on-amazon-prime-and-twitch-this-friday.524718/page-2

Little bit of discussion about this going on over in the Constructive thread, where the "why aren't we banning Kanye" talk went nowhere last time. Kanye still making them sooo tired:
Quote from: OrangeNova
With the current thread about his publicist threatening people, him platforming people like Marilyn Manson, Da Baby. And performing in a concert with people like Drake a known groomer... I figured this was good to bring up again.

We should not be having hype threads for a chud.
Quote from: NinjaScooter
What does not allowing posting or threads about Kanye actually do though?  "Deplatforming" Joe Rogan or Shaprio is easy, nobody wanted tor really post about those guys anyway other than to shit on them.  But the vibe I get is that this is a road the forum sort of regrets going down, because it has turned big parts of this thread, for example, into calls to ban this person or that company.   If people are free to post about whatever Kanye does, but people are also free to counter those posts and bring up what a shit head Kanye is, is that not a better solution for a discussion forum?
Not at all.

Because it's fucking exhausting to the people who are constantly having to be like "hey, maybe don't talk about a chud" and then the other people in those threads just whole heartedly ignoring any post other than they're hype.

"Discussion" doesn't work when it can be easily ignored.
Quote from: NinjaScooter
I mean, its not like threads about Kanye (especially positive ones) are popping up 3-4 times a day.  I don't understand why the existence of Kanye discussion on this forum is "exhausting".  Discussion should be able to be ignored, especially here.  Thats not a bad thing.  Not everyone has to engage with you just because you feel a certain way.  And I say this as someone who thinks Kanye completely fucking sucks as a person.
It's exhausting because it's the same people in those threads just hyping it all.

It's exhausting because we say the same things in each thread.

It's exhausting because while they don't pop up often, they often stay near the top.

I'd rather not have to go into a thread a few times a month to say "Hey, maybe we shouldn't promote a MAGA chud who promotes terrible people."

That's why we stop discussions of artists and creators.

Meanwhile, deplatforming discussion engine revving up for HP:
Quote from: Wanderer5
Honestly, if this site is going to keep banning hype threads for the Hogwarts game, then might as well extend that to the movies also (or the IP in general), especially when JK Rowling is directly involved.

Probably inspired by:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-fantastic-beasts-the-secrets-of-dumbledore-full-trailer-coming-monday-12-13.525729/post-78487539
Quote from: MinusTydus
I'm curious, perhaps a mod could explain?

Why do we have a total ban on discussion of the new HP game (which I agree with, btw fuck JKR) but discussion of the films which very much also fatten her purse is allowed?

Like, what's the difference?

On topic: The FB films are a boring slog you should avoid.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9473 on: December 10, 2021, 11:57:15 AM »
Their cries to ban people/franchises never fail to amuse. And it all began because the mods banned Colin Moriarty for making an Al Bundy joke  :lol

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #9474 on: December 10, 2021, 11:58:39 AM »
"Deplatforming" Joe Rogan or Shaprio is easy, nobody wanted tor really post about those guys anyway other than to shit on them.
Is it even deplatforming, if you never had any interest in his content in the first place?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #9475 on: December 10, 2021, 12:01:05 PM »
Their cries to ban people/franchises never fail to amuse. And it all began because the mods banned Colin Moriarty for making an Al Bundy joke  :lol
If you think about it, Al Bundy made more harm to women than Ted Bundy. :ufup

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Did i make this joke already? I feel like i have.
[close]

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9476 on: December 10, 2021, 12:01:53 PM »

its a pretty  :brain take that him calling some gay guys feggits a propos of nothing gives him insight into writing a comedy routine.

I just changed my answerphone message, guess that makes me qualified to talk about the life of a professional voice over artist

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9477 on: December 10, 2021, 12:02:50 PM »

I mean... in a way, that was the original jussie smollett thread.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9478 on: December 10, 2021, 12:08:51 PM »
"Discussion" doesn't work when it can be easily ignored.

:confused

it is easy AS FUCK to ignore a discussion, your problem is that its easy to ignore YOU

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #9479 on: December 10, 2021, 12:18:20 PM »
It's exhausting because it's the same people in those threads just hyping it all.

It's exhausting because we say the same things in each thread.

It's exhausting because while they don't pop up often, they often stay near the top.

I'd rather not have to go into a thread a few times a month to say "Hey, maybe we shouldn't promote a MAGA chud who promotes terrible people."

That's why we stop discussions of artists and creators.

JAYsuzzz Christ, pal! It’s called ‘Copy & Paste’!

And more to the point, if its so fucking exhausting, SKIP IT, you choad. If you keep having to do it, then it sounds like anyone who would see it has done so and have rationalized past it or dismissed it. This is the heart of their bullshit. There is no moral disagreement, its only my position or Chudville.