Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1825871 times)

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #9360 on: December 08, 2021, 05:08:06 PM »
Really need to update the general FAQ sections regarding low effort threads to codify the exception for Excelsiorlef already.

This is apparently why this is threadworthy

Oxford comma this is why it exists y'all

:comeon

Even though the original tweet comes from someone who is "Engineering Nerd. Activist. Transportation, Design, Politics, Education, Sex Positivity, Angry Gay. Friend you haven't met yet. He/His, etc. Support trans kids."

:iface

So I would think they were an "ally"

:idont

And they only have 987 followers, so it's not like this was widely "broadcast"

:cac

One might think this was bullying. 

:six:

But of course our hero Incelcheif wouldn't possibly stoop that low as to sic a bunch of shut ins who have to ask how to wipe their ass to make fun of this guy's improper English in order to to boost her shit self esteem while she checks the thread in between stocking the shelves and running away crying from customers.

:quark

TL DR Incelchief still sucks.

:notlikethis

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #9361 on: December 08, 2021, 05:22:29 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
how is kinthey not banned they troll the dumbshit users constantly lol hes somehow survived all this time being pretty right wing

probablys royalans alt user for the forum

a royalan smollet if you will

Tuckers Law

« Reply #9363 on: December 08, 2021, 05:48:51 PM »
Really need to update the general FAQ sections regarding low effort threads to codify the exception for Excelsiorlef already.

It’s actually kind of insidious how they preface the title with “this is a fun thread” so that if anyone actually does call out the fact that it’s yet another “low-information tweet thread” from that specific user without anything being done, the defenders will pile on and make it about how they can’t even have fun on the forum and people calling out the double-standard are doing it in bad faith because they are transphobic and are “literally trying to kill”incelsiorlef.

And then she’ll post a new thread with some super dubious shit from Twitter again, and when somebody else there calls it out, they’ll use this current thread to reference that she’s being targeted by other members in bad faith.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9364 on: December 08, 2021, 06:21:35 PM »
They remembered to play it tactical
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #9365 on: December 08, 2021, 06:21:54 PM »

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #9366 on: December 08, 2021, 06:23:24 PM »

This is apparently why this is threadworthy

:comeon

Even though the original tweet comes from someone who is "Engineering Nerd. Activist. Transportation, Design, Politics, Education, Sex Positivity, Angry Gay. Friend you haven't met yet. He/His, etc. Support trans kids."

So I would think they were an "ally"

:idont

And they only have 987 followers, so it's not like this was widely "broadcast"

:cac

One might think this was bullying. 

:six:

But of course our hero Incelcheif wouldn't possibly stoop that low as to sic a bunch of shut ins who have to ask how to wipe their ass to make fun of this guy's improper English in order to to boost her shit self esteem while she checks the thread in between stocking the shelves and running away crying from customers.

:quark

TL DR Incelchief still sucks.

:notlikethis

I don’t even think this is improper grammar.  The colon after Trending News indicates that there with be a list of items to follow that fall under the header Trending News.  If I wanted the tweet read the way she’s reading it I’d have put the colon after the word against in the tweet.  I’m a proponent of the Oxford comma but I don’t think it would have changed how someone like Incelsiorlef (who’s native language is Canadian btw) would read the tweet.

So it’s a “fun thread” that I guess punches up at people who know how to use a colon?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9367 on: December 08, 2021, 06:53:21 PM »
I know how to use my colon  ;)
Uncle

PogiJones

« Reply #9368 on: December 08, 2021, 07:14:42 PM »
I'm still learning how to use your colon. It's tricky.

PogiJones

« Reply #9369 on: December 08, 2021, 07:20:25 PM »
:shaq2 An Oxford comma doesn't even clear up the ambiguity in this case. Stop making team Oxford comma look bad. Go join the other team.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9370 on: December 08, 2021, 07:32:24 PM »
also

while this is parsable its lack of punctuation confers it no higher ground  :hmph
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #9371 on: December 08, 2021, 07:44:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jussie-smollett-trial-wrapping-up.525003/
Not sure if AP is allowed here but this is the source I was looking at.

This is my second post and being extra careful since I've seen threads get closed for using certain news sites.

Imagine the hellscape you've created where users are scared to link to the Associated Press.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/statement-regarding-the-ongoing-trial-of-jussie-smollett/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=BQw6pfXkT3SdpqWj2CazYXXxz01bD6fyLMKdvUIcVDw-1639007479-0-gaNycGzNCL0

In our commitment to abolition, we can never believe police, especially the Chicago Police Department (CPD) over Jussie Smollett, a Black man who has been courageously present, visible, and vocal in the struggle for Black freedom.

:neogaf

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #9372 on: December 08, 2021, 08:12:24 PM »
adults that like monodiet some garbage junk food like frosted sugar dumped chocolate cereal because "normal food makes their tummy hurt :( " and make you out to be an asshole for not supporting a megacorp makes me more mad than is normal

Snoopycat_

« Reply #9373 on: December 08, 2021, 08:18:37 PM »
Nobody's boycotting Kellogs Honey Nut Cornflakes. That will never happen.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9374 on: December 08, 2021, 08:19:17 PM »

This is my second post and being extra careful since I've seen threads get closed for using certain news sites.

Imagine the hellscape you've created where users are scared to link to the Associated Press.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/statement-regarding-the-ongoing-trial-of-jussie-smollett/?__cf_chl_jschl_tk__=BQw6pfXkT3SdpqWj2CazYXXxz01bD6fyLMKdvUIcVDw-1639007479-0-gaNycGzNCL0

In our commitment to abolition, we can never believe police, especially the Chicago Police Department (CPD) over Jussie Smollett, a Black man who has been courageously present, visible, and vocal in the struggle for Black freedom.

Did this dumb fuck forget that Juicy reported his "assault" to police in the first place? If the police are good enough for Juicy "he's innocent" Smelliet, then they are good enough for me!
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9375 on: December 08, 2021, 08:21:38 PM »
Nobody's boycotting Kellogs Honey Nut Cornflakes. That will never happen.
My kids eat those.

:shaking
Very shook right now. Should I feel ashamed about my parenting? Where have I gone wrong?
Spud

Snoopycat_

« Reply #9376 on: December 08, 2021, 08:51:34 PM »
Everyone knows Honey Nut Cornflakes are a gateway drug. It won't be long before they're on the Coco Pops

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9377 on: December 08, 2021, 09:18:37 PM »
Eat enough corn flakes and they’ll be on that No Nut December, January, and February too. :notlikethis
©@©™

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9378 on: December 09, 2021, 01:03:20 AM »
Everyone knows Honey Nut Cornflakes are a gateway drug. It won't be long before they're on the Coco Pops
Far out, got that in the pantry too. I HAVE failed as a parent. Will my kids be racist next just like that Reeeeesetera loser?
Spud

Mostima

« Reply #9379 on: December 09, 2021, 05:29:22 AM »

This reads exactly like what a super woke white person thinks a black person would say.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9380 on: December 09, 2021, 05:47:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/god-of-war-pc-features-trailer.524883/#post-78331698
User Warned: Inappropriate Commentary; Please Avoid Using Master Race Rhetoric
Master race eating! Happy for you guys! This is definitely looking like the ultimate way to experience GOW
:dead

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9381 on: December 09, 2021, 07:34:31 AM »
you know you're a tory when you have allies and not just friends.

I mean... this is a pretty solid burn, but it also happens to apply to "you know you're a restarea member when you have 'allies' but not any 'friends'" :teehee

SmokyDave

« Reply #9382 on: December 09, 2021, 07:50:41 AM »
FACT CHECK: There are no 'allies'.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #9384 on: December 09, 2021, 09:19:05 AM »
I'm dying my hair pink on Friday. I started buying women's pants and shorts and bracelets because I liked the way they look on me.

Imagine announcing you're non binary and then slurring clothing by gendering them based on who buys them.

Being non-binary doesn't mean I have to reject being physically male or reject "he," because I definitely still relate to "he" and I'm biologically happily male....but it does mean that that doesn't seem to capture my whole story.

Dude trying hard to go out of his was to not say he likes to cross dress.

SmokyDave

« Reply #9385 on: December 09, 2021, 09:51:31 AM »
Nothing says ‘finding your own individual unique truth’ like dying your hair pink.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9386 on: December 09, 2021, 09:58:44 AM »
Jeez guys, he's non binary in the Sam smith kinda way, as in he likes to fuck homeless junkies.

Quit being so judgemental

:wag

SmokyDave

« Reply #9388 on: December 09, 2021, 10:22:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sumo-nottingham-and-red-kite-games-are-assisting-in-the-development-of-hogwarts-legacy.525234

:gamergate
Might pop over and drop 'em in some biscuits.

DonkeyShow works at Sumo. Perma incoming.

Quote from: acruztic
Might be the only game that gets me to buy PS5. Really excited for this.
This cat has blown straight through perma territory and in to 'hope none of your socials are public' land.

Propagandhim

« Reply #9390 on: December 09, 2021, 10:41:41 AM »

a fucking harry potter game for children

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #9391 on: December 09, 2021, 10:44:05 AM »

I wonder what changed

oh

Bet they volunteered for free!

:teehee

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #9392 on: December 09, 2021, 10:49:46 AM »
heres the thing with the Harry Potter game, JK Rowling isn't personally coding and directing it so why care so much? I bet they'll all watch that Harry Potter thing that's coming out anyway, why is a vidya any different :yeshrug
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #9393 on: December 09, 2021, 10:51:50 AM »
All the money from it goes directly into her murder funds tho
©@©™

SmokyDave

« Reply #9394 on: December 09, 2021, 10:51:50 AM »
Locked:
With the blatant transphobia from JK Rowling, we are not hosting news or hype threads related to Hogwarts. This thread is now locked.

Meanwhile, Ubi, Acti-Blizz, and Insomniac are OK because that's just some little stuff, not truly awful like having to disagree with a left-wing feminist author.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #9395 on: December 09, 2021, 10:58:57 AM »
we are not hosting news or hype threads related to Hogwarts.

Hateboner threads are ok though.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9396 on: December 09, 2021, 11:16:18 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-think-im-non-binary.525213/
:no1curr
But I don't always. I noticed this when I listen to music or when I dance--I sometimes feel like I relate to either a feminine or non-masculine role.
:whatisthis

Klelk

« Reply #9397 on: December 09, 2021, 11:24:56 AM »
Nothing says non-binary like pink hair  :holeup

Mediocre Lager

« Reply #9398 on: December 09, 2021, 11:24:58 AM »
heres the thing with the Harry Potter game, JK Rowling isn't personally coding and directing it so why care so much? I bet they'll all watch that Harry Potter thing that's coming out anyway, why is a vidya any different :yeshrug

Because it's literally violence that's literally killing trans folx and latinx.

smh im so tired

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #9399 on: December 09, 2021, 11:37:32 AM »
But I don't always. I noticed this when I listen to music or when I dance--I sometimes feel like I relate to either a feminine or non-masculine role.
:whatisthis

Someone needs to call him out about what’s “feminine” about listening to music and dancing. Woke resetera still sees masculine and feminine as 2 strict categories.
Oi Oi

Propagandhim

« Reply #9400 on: December 09, 2021, 11:43:17 AM »

Between stocking the Coke Zero on the Stop and Shop shelves and farting on their hands while watching Twitch streams, where else are they supposed to get meaning in life, if not for taking a stand against the most trivial matters on earth? 

« Reply #9401 on: December 09, 2021, 01:11:06 PM »

I really just want to say "That's great, just do what you like and stop making threads about everything."
野球

« Reply #9402 on: December 09, 2021, 01:23:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-think-im-non-binary.525213/post-78396324
Quote from: FloraSKittens
Of course you're non-binary, OP. Binary gender is a colonial conspiracy and does not appear in nature. Nature expresses sex and gender each through a single root with infinite variation, something the colonial conspiracy suppresses through a variety of means, including brutal surgery, violent social enforcement (including through legislation), and a constant bombardment of propaganda. People who claim binary gender identity are deluded at best, and actively, consciously committing genocide at worst.

This is not a new idea. The "Long Eighteenth Century" is a history of suppressing the truth through a fraudulent structure of fabricated science.

Respect people's gender identities!

but also "People who claim binary gender identity are deluded at best, and actively, consciously committing genocide at worst."

Era constantly finding a lower place

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #9404 on: December 09, 2021, 01:41:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-think-im-non-binary.525213/#post-78396324

Of course you're non-binary, OP. Binary gender is a colonial conspiracy and does not appear in nature. Nature expresses sex and gender each through a single root with infinite variation, something the colonial conspiracy suppresses through a variety of means, including brutal surgery, violent social enforcement (including through legislation), and a constant bombardment of propaganda. People who claim binary gender identity are deluded at best, and actively, consciously committing genocide at worst.

This is not a new idea. The "Long Eighteenth Century" is a history of suppressing the truth through a fraudulent structure of fabricated science.

:mindblown

*Looks at profile*

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

:confused

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9405 on: December 09, 2021, 01:45:36 PM »
I can't be the only one that's disgusted by people being able to just claim a minority position? Cause that's what this stuff looks like. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with rights or anything.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9406 on: December 09, 2021, 01:47:48 PM »
I can't be the only one that's disgusted by people being able to just claim a minority position? Cause that's what this stuff looks like. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with rights or anything.

Found the genocide committer  ::)
Margs

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9407 on: December 09, 2021, 01:51:54 PM »
Like the UK who are known for their trans genocide I've already killed the same ammount of trans people as them. Which is zero. 

tuna_love

« Reply #9408 on: December 09, 2021, 02:31:00 PM »
that's still zero too many  :wag

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #9409 on: December 09, 2021, 02:59:08 PM »
Imma gonna play the SHIT out of that Hogwarts game.

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #9410 on: December 09, 2021, 03:01:53 PM »

It's NothingLoud.  They assign something different to themselves weekly to try and claim prviledge on the oppression pyramid.

Propagandhim

« Reply #9411 on: December 09, 2021, 03:23:45 PM »
Stufte comes back and nobody bats and eye or find it's strange?  You're all deluded at best, and actively, consciously committing genocide at worst.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9412 on: December 09, 2021, 03:27:50 PM »
If you don't know who you are you can either become Jason Bourne, Shadow the Hedgehog or a non-binary person :trumps

Imma gonna play the SHIT out of that Hogwarts game.
Welcome back King
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #9413 on: December 09, 2021, 03:32:08 PM »
i've transitioned to being a legend :win
(ice)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #9414 on: December 09, 2021, 03:41:56 PM »
Can't wait for stufte to get doxed again by the good folx at Resetera.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9415 on: December 09, 2021, 03:43:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/florence-pugh-blocked-from-posting-on-instagram-about-something-she-appeared-in-recently-due-to-spoilers.525294/
I thought this was hilarious.

Like...you're following an actress, who wants to post about something she's in (and note she posted about it after it came out), and you report her for spoiling you?

Spoiler culture gone mad, or fair?
:hmm

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #9416 on: December 09, 2021, 03:45:09 PM »
imagine if that bitch cunt spoiled the new marvel shid, those lols would become frothing rage :lol
(ice)

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #9417 on: December 09, 2021, 04:25:15 PM »
Where’s benji?
hey

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #9418 on: December 09, 2021, 04:49:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-game-awards-2021-ot-end-abuse-and-harassment-of-employees-in-the-video-game-industry.524706/

(look, if The Game Awards aren’t going to say anything about it, l will.)

:ego

Another crisis solved with a resetera thread title