Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1826720 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty Crackers
« Reply #9480 on: December 10, 2021, 12:23:16 PM »
"If you're not with me, then you're my enemy." - Anakin W. Skywalker

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9481 on: December 10, 2021, 12:24:40 PM »
I want to get a friend a birthday present of a donation to a trans rights group in their name. I was wondering if anyone here has any information on the best trans rights groups or charities to support. I generally have a hard time finding out which charities are the most beneficial and do the most positive work per dollar. I am going to search charity Navigator but I felt asking here might help as well.

normally i would ask the person who to donate to but i want this to be a surprise.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #9482 on: December 10, 2021, 12:30:01 PM »
Out of experience I can say that this person would rather have a free copy of cyberpunk 2077 instead of a charity donation in their name

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #9483 on: December 10, 2021, 12:30:44 PM »
Oh they cool with Kanye again?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/drake-and-kanye-west-concert-will-be-streamed-live-on-amazon-prime-and-twitch-this-friday.524718/page-2

Little bit of discussion about this going on over in the Constructive thread, where the "why aren't we banning Kanye" talk went nowhere last time. Kanye still making them sooo tired:
Quote from: OrangeNova
With the current thread about his publicist threatening people, him platforming people like Marilyn Manson, Da Baby. And performing in a concert with people like Drake a known groomer... I figured this was good to bring up again.

We should not be having hype threads for a chud.
Quote from: NinjaScooter
What does not allowing posting or threads about Kanye actually do though?  "Deplatforming" Joe Rogan or Shaprio is easy, nobody wanted tor really post about those guys anyway other than to shit on them.  But the vibe I get is that this is a road the forum sort of regrets going down, because it has turned big parts of this thread, for example, into calls to ban this person or that company.   If people are free to post about whatever Kanye does, but people are also free to counter those posts and bring up what a shit head Kanye is, is that not a better solution for a discussion forum?
Not at all.

Because it's fucking exhausting to the people who are constantly having to be like "hey, maybe don't talk about a chud" and then the other people in those threads just whole heartedly ignoring any post other than they're hype.

"Discussion" doesn't work when it can be easily ignored.
I mean, its not like threads about Kanye (especially positive ones) are popping up 3-4 times a day.  I don't understand why the existence of Kanye discussion on this forum is "exhausting".  Discussion should be able to be ignored, especially here.  Thats not a bad thing.  Not everyone has to engage with you just because you feel a certain way.  And I say this as someone who thinks Kanye completely fucking sucks as a person.
It's exhausting because it's the same people in those threads just hyping it all.

It's exhausting because we say the same things in each thread.

It's exhausting because while they don't pop up often, they often stay near the top.

I'd rather not have to go into a thread a few times a month to say "Hey, maybe we shouldn't promote a MAGA chud who promotes terrible people."

That's why we stop discussions of artists and creators.

Meanwhile, deplatforming discussion engine revving up for HP:
Quote from: Wanderer5
Honestly, if this site is going to keep banning hype threads for the Hogwarts game, then might as well extend that to the movies also (or the IP in general), especially when JK Rowling is directly involved.

Probably inspired by:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-fantastic-beasts-the-secrets-of-dumbledore-full-trailer-coming-monday-12-13.525729/post-78487539
Quote from: MinusTydus
I'm curious, perhaps a mod could explain?

Why do we have a total ban on discussion of the new HP game (which I agree with, btw fuck JKR) but discussion of the films which very much also fatten her purse is allowed?

Like, what's the difference?

On topic: The FB films are a boring slog you should avoid.
Chud, I'm so tired, fuuuuuck ooooooffffff!  Yeah, same things.

Boredfrom

« Reply #9484 on: December 10, 2021, 12:30:47 PM »
Is not news but I found funny that communist Mekanos pays for Nintendo yearly scam subscription.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/banjo-kazooie-coming-to-nintendo-switch-online-expansion-pack-n64-in-january-2022.525681/

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #9485 on: December 10, 2021, 12:38:25 PM »
Out of experience I can say that this person would rather have a free copy of cyberpunk 2077 instead of a charity donation in their name

that thread might as well be titled "How do I make my friends birthday about me?"

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #9486 on: December 10, 2021, 12:58:38 PM »
I want to get a friend a birthday present of a donation to a trans rights group in their name. I was wondering if anyone here has any information on the best trans rights groups or charities to support. I generally have a hard time finding out which charities are the most beneficial and do the most positive work per dollar. I am going to search charity Navigator but I felt asking here might help as well.

normally i would ask the person who to donate to but i want this to be a surprise.

(Image removed from quote.)

My accountant Art Vandelay recommends the Human Fund.

:nope

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9487 on: December 10, 2021, 01:08:10 PM »
Is not news but I found funny that communist Mekanos pays for Nintendo yearly scam subscription.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/banjo-kazooie-coming-to-nintendo-switch-online-expansion-pack-n64-in-january-2022.525681/
Lol, some of the users who cried scam suddenly changed their minds.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9489 on: December 10, 2021, 01:49:39 PM »
I'm only surprised it doesn't have PayPal details so people can pay reparations direct to Neopet herself.
Spud

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior

Propagandhim

« Reply #9491 on: December 10, 2021, 02:10:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/analysis-with-paralysis-the-uselessness-of-online-white-progressivism-to-black-and-indigenous-folks-and-what-we-can-do-to-fix-it.525798/

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BOY

Cerium is getting head from his McClaren while you're paying off a 10-year loan on a Versa and you couldn't say a word to him.  You're not dismantling shit.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9492 on: December 10, 2021, 02:10:22 PM »

Nintendo dropping one poorly optimized N64 ROM every 2 months :lawd
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

Snoopycat_

« Reply #9494 on: December 10, 2021, 02:26:32 PM »
As a white man in the US, I fully admit I have lived a privileged life. This post is 100% on the money and we (myself included) need to do better to support people who have gone through absolute hell due to the whiteness in this country.

As I said yesterday, these people are ridiculous, useless creatures. Nothing but empty platitudes and endless self serving bullshit.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/analysis-with-paralysis-the-uselessness-of-online-white-progressivism-to-black-and-indigenous-folks-and-what-we-can-do-to-fix-it.525798/#post-78495165

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9495 on: December 10, 2021, 02:36:21 PM »

Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9496 on: December 10, 2021, 02:40:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/analysis-with-paralysis-the-uselessness-of-online-white-progressivism-to-black-and-indigenous-folks-and-what-we-can-do-to-fix-it.525798/

post after post saying "good post!" "excellent post, thanks" "wonderful post"

I'm picturing someone just dropping in "eh this isn't a very good post"  :gun :hump
Uncle

« Reply #9498 on: December 10, 2021, 02:55:51 PM »
Honestly, I agreed with more in that Nepenthe post than I think I've agreed with everything else Nepenthe has ever said on Era. Like, advocating people stop bitching and actually do something even if it's small-scale local assistance, or challenging Era's  fervent obsession with cutting off all contact with anyone they disagree with:
And perhaps even more terrifying, while you work on that, is that you actually have to talk to those racist uncles. Instead of ignoring them, or moving away to more liberal areas and putting those rural backwater folks out of mind, you have to actually set aside your outward disgust of them and approach them as people, real people, who can be persuaded to your cause. Nazis do it all the time.

Will be curious to see if it gets much era-side traction; 22 posts in two and a half hours doesn't look like it's going to catch on.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9499 on: December 10, 2021, 03:05:01 PM »
Honestly, I agreed with more in that Nepenthe post than I think I've agreed with everything else Nepenthe has ever said on Era. Like, advocating people stop bitching and actually do something even if it's small-scale local assistance, or challenging Era's  fervent obsession with cutting off all contact with anyone they disagree with:
And perhaps even more terrifying, while you work on that, is that you actually have to talk to those racist uncles. Instead of ignoring them, or moving away to more liberal areas and putting those rural backwater folks out of mind, you have to actually set aside your outward disgust of them and approach them as people, real people, who can be persuaded to your cause. Nazis do it all the time.

Will be curious to see if it gets much era-side traction; 22 posts in two and a half hours doesn't look like it's going to catch on.

I agree with this too

if it goes well and you did a good thing, hooray, a great success

if it goes horribly then you learn the lessons why other people aren't doing the things you're constantly browbeating them to do from the safety of your keyboard

tbh I am shocked nepenthe actually wrote that people need to talk to others they disagree with? what happened to "it's not our responsibility to educate you"
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9500 on: December 10, 2021, 03:06:37 PM »

Sure, but do you think that furry dumbarse dipshit has ever done any of those things? She fully advocates for others cutting people out of their lives and she enables a website and community that advocates for violent uprising against anyone who votes differently to the accepted dogma.
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9501 on: December 10, 2021, 03:08:11 PM »
she can say it because she is confident she doesn't have a racist uncle who needs to be talked to

and she refuses to talk to yours, that's your problem (even though she'll say it's also her problem)
Uncle

Coffee Dog

« Reply #9502 on: December 10, 2021, 03:13:03 PM »
She's advocating for white people to dismantle their own system, which in all other contexts she would call a totally failed strategy that has continuously failed since Reconstruction. She is only preaching otherwise now because it gives her an excuse to browbeat her "allies" from her soapbox.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Salty CrackersQ
« Reply #9503 on: December 10, 2021, 03:15:34 PM »

LOL TLDR.

:no1curr

Geeezeus fucking Khrist, this. I mean brevity is a virtue. Can’t believe people want to parse that word salad. Though, some of the sentiment showing through that other people have posted here, make me wonder if she got hacked. Because it runs diametrically opposed to both stated opinions and modding decisions she has made.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #9504 on: December 10, 2021, 03:37:31 PM »
it’s basically a longer thesis of what I’m about to say, despite arriving at some of these conclusions from the exhaustive school of lived experience.)

holy shit, this is hilarious.

Like fucking hell.

:ego

Thirty-Ought-Six

« Reply #9505 on: December 10, 2021, 03:50:04 PM »
They posted the source from which they were inspired. It does go against what Resetera stands for and every decision that is made there, but there's no rule you can't change your mind, and they are genuinely thinking it through. It's good stuff.

They partially see Trumpers as beneath them, a different class of white with whom any association with is tantamount to treachery, a sullying of their more acceptable whiteness, an embarrassment of the family name, then Pikachu Face when Nazis swoop in to fill the emotional void they deliberately left because they were too good for the real work.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9506 on: December 10, 2021, 03:54:39 PM »
I have no doubt she's still going to ban people for thinking that Mai's hairstyle in that one overwatch skin isn't a big deal.

Blast from the past:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/overwatchs-new-mei-skin-draws-criticism-for-cultural-appropriation-read-staff-post.418638/page-8

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9507 on: December 10, 2021, 04:16:27 PM »
Honestly, and I know you are speaking generally, but specifically I think you should run for public office. Past voting, getting into government and institutions of power is one of the most effective things an individual can do to help bring change. And I think you’d be good at it.
:hyper  :american
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #9508 on: December 10, 2021, 04:19:09 PM »
 :donot

Propagandhim

« Reply #9509 on: December 10, 2021, 04:40:57 PM »
All this talk about racist uncles and yet we already have a primer to instruct us on how to break down the barriers of race by assimilation at the dinner table

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #9510 on: December 10, 2021, 04:47:13 PM »

LOL TLDR.

Geeezeus fucking Khrist, this. I mean brevity is a virtue. Can’t believe people want to parse that word salad. Though, some of the sentiment showing through that other people have posted here, make me wonder if she got hacked. Because it runs diametrically opposed to both stated opinions and modding decisions she has made.

She pinched a couple of vicodin out of one of the orders she fills at CVS.

:umad

It's ok though, the 96 year old with fibromyalgia who is chewing Flinstone vitamins now instead of their needed medication is white

:expert

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9511 on: December 10, 2021, 04:53:17 PM »
All this talk about racist uncles and yet we already have a primer to instruct us on how to break down the barriers of race by assimilation at the dinner table

holy shit the taxi driver at the end  :existential

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tokarsky
 :ohhh
Uncle

Hermit

« Reply #9512 on: December 10, 2021, 04:58:44 PM »
I have no doubt she's still going to ban people for thinking that Mai's hairstyle in that one overwatch skin isn't a big deal.

Blast from the past:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/overwatchs-new-mei-skin-draws-criticism-for-cultural-appropriation-read-staff-post.418638/page-8
My favorite post after skimming:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/overwatchs-new-mei-skin-draws-criticism-for-cultural-appropriation-read-staff-post.418638/page-8#post-64081731

Um can we not tell black members to calm down? Tf?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9513 on: December 10, 2021, 05:39:38 PM »

Blast from the past:

My favorite post after skimming:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/overwatchs-new-mei-skin-draws-criticism-for-cultural-appropriation-read-staff-post.418638/page-8#post-64081731

What justification do they give for requiring other members to not tell someone who is obviously not calm and obviously not rational from "calming down"? Like, what is it specifically about black people that prevents them from being told to calm down?
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9514 on: December 10, 2021, 05:40:14 PM »

Blast from the past:

Edited: beaten  :fbm

Boredfrom

« Reply #9515 on: December 10, 2021, 05:41:05 PM »

LOL TLDR.

Is a little worrying to be honest. Feels like she is having a episode but in reverse.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #9516 on: December 10, 2021, 05:41:07 PM »
Guess who?

For the record you shouldn't while arguing he shouldn't be extradited, dignify Assange with the label of journalist.

Assange isn't a journalist

Doesn't mean you can't argue against extradition but Assange is not a journalist

https://www.resetera.com/threads/julian-assange-can-be-extradited-to-us-to-face-espionage-charges-court-rules.525693/page-3#post-78506529

BrokenVerses

« Reply #9517 on: December 10, 2021, 05:50:14 PM »
Maybe someday our hispanic friends will understand that because the GOP also believes in god doesn't mean that they have the same interests as them

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hispanic-voters-now-evenly-split-between-parties-wsj-poll-finds.525940/

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #9518 on: December 10, 2021, 05:55:02 PM »
Maybe someday our hispanic friends will understand that because the GOP also believes in god doesn't mean that they have the same interests as them

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hispanic-voters-now-evenly-split-between-parties-wsj-poll-finds.525940/

ctrl+f= latinx

0 results

:curious

ShutUp

« Reply #9519 on: December 10, 2021, 05:59:01 PM »
Crackas now telling Hispanic people what to do along with Asians. Amazing allies.

Boredfrom

« Reply #9520 on: December 10, 2021, 06:02:57 PM »
This is one of those things where the inclusion of intersectional identities would provide better context to this data.

Because I have a very sneaky suspicion that the vast majority of Hispanics who do skew conservative would also coincidentally be the whitest or most white aligned of the population. I do know enough about visibly black Hispanics that they're not skewing along those lines in any large number for obvious reasons.

Those black Latinos that you guys at BCT always bitch if they don’t align to your way of thinking?

Also, lol, kind of insulting that about “white latinos are the ones fucking up”.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9521 on: December 10, 2021, 06:05:40 PM »
Guess who?

For the record you shouldn't while arguing he shouldn't be extradited, dignify Assange with the label of journalist.

Assange isn't a journalist

Doesn't mean you can't argue against extradition but Assange is not a journalist

https://www.resetera.com/threads/julian-assange-can-be-extradited-to-us-to-face-espionage-charges-court-rules.525693/page-3#post-78506529
He's not a journalist though, he's an activist.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ewww, how do I get the foul taste of agreeing with incelchief out of my mouth?
[close]
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9522 on: December 10, 2021, 06:06:51 PM »

Lol, the bigotry is strong with this one
Spud

PogiJones

« Reply #9523 on: December 10, 2021, 06:07:23 PM »

Only benji ever remembers the o's interjected amongst the f's.  :fbm

from the exhaustive school of lived experience

That's a degree you frame and hang on the wall.
Bonus points for "exhaustive."
[close]

:gun :hump

Is this a new kink I missed?

You say that like consistency is a thing over there. Maybe she's changed for the better. More likely this is just the soapbox of the day. I'd love to be wrong, though.

I mean brevity is a virtue.

Boredfrom

« Reply #9524 on: December 10, 2021, 06:07:46 PM »
There are a lot of conservative Hispanics that come from countries with a conservative culture. This isn't surprising to me. 

But they have socialize healthcare for some reason

:thinking :thinking

Is like politics is not an eternal battle between good and evil, that people choose to escape from a poor country with social security over a rich one with a shitty healthcare system.

Boredfrom

« Reply #9525 on: December 10, 2021, 06:11:44 PM »
I’m in Texas, btw, visiting a cousin that just marry a US born latina that is white as hell (he is brown btw), even if she has two Mexican parents. Last time I checked, he was kind of a hardcore Mexican leftist so I seriously doubt they are GOP boot lickers.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #9526 on: December 10, 2021, 06:12:03 PM »

from the exhaustive school of lived experience

That's a degree you frame and hang on the wall.
Bonus points for "exhaustive."
[close]

Aren't these the people constantly making fun of those who update their Facebook profiles with "School of hard knocks" and "University of life"?
Spud

Boredfrom

« Reply #9527 on: December 10, 2021, 06:17:54 PM »
Quote from: Sign_My_Guestbook!
. I mean... Fascism appeals to anyone as long as you aren't on the absolute bottom rung getting killed en masse by it. We've seen that all across the world at various points in history. Being in power, with consequence-free violence enforcing that power, feels good to a lot of people. 

:doge  :doge  :doge

Maybe you want to rewrite that last part given the context of the thread.

Boredfrom

« Reply #9528 on: December 10, 2021, 06:20:09 PM »
Soy mexicano, nacido en México, viviendo en México, en la frontera para ser exactos y me toca ver estas cosas casi a diario en los grupos de como está la fila para cruzar la garita y también me ha tocado al estar de compras en las ciudades fronterizas

Literalmente toda mi familia que cruzó ilegalmente para allá así son, hasta deportaron al jefe de esa familia que fue el que los cruzó ilegalmente y los consiguió todo allá en la época de Trump y dime si volvieron a votar por el (La respuesta es sí), y por qué? Porque los repúblicanos le rezan a diosito

Y soy más café que todos ustedes juntos, y solo demostraron lo prejuiciosos que son

Ah, eres un pendejo.

Your family sucks, though. Maybe that’s why you are also a dumbass.

Damn, you just destroyed those posters. Pure ethering.

To be fair your original post did come across as a bit condescending.

I mean, it proved the point of the thread, but still far from Hispanics being a god fearing monolith.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 06:25:18 PM by Boredfrom »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9529 on: December 10, 2021, 06:34:17 PM »
This is one of those things where the inclusion of intersectional identities would provide better context to this data.

Because I have a very sneaky suspicion that the vast majority of Hispanics who do skew conservative would also coincidentally be the whitest or most white aligned of the population. I do know enough about visibly black Hispanics that they're not skewing along those lines in any large number for obvious reasons.

Those black Latinos that you guys at BCT always bitch if they don’t align to your way of thinking?

Also, lol, kind of insulting that about “white latinos are the ones fucking up”.

the lighter the skin, the more republi-kin  :doggy
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #9530 on: December 10, 2021, 06:39:12 PM »
Quote from:  jeelybeans
I criticize my own community all the time. I think I have a right to do that in a way someone else who isn't part of my community can't. Porygon was completely in their right to criticize imo.

Eh, is kind of tricky doing that here because he first and foremost a Mexican citizen having family at the USA. It doesn’t sound he has actually lived there beyond shopping and visiting family. Is also a mistake thinking that the Hispanic community as a religious monolith (don’t doubt religion is a reason why this appeal to the conservative part of them).

Boredfrom

« Reply #9531 on: December 10, 2021, 06:48:34 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/inverse-uncharted-3-stole-its-best-idea-from-ancient-islamic-myth.525982/

. In November 2011, Uncharted 3 made good on that promise, introducing gamers to the "Atlantis of the Sands." But the game never bothers to mention that the story of Iram comes from the Quran.

Click-bait lives on.

(The article itself is good, but people are not going to read good shit unless it has shitty bullet points).

Developer Naughty Dog has never acknowledged the connection.

. However, on the game’s 10th anniversary, the developers once again cited Lawrence of Arabia as their sole inspiration. Credit should go where credit’s due. Hopefully, by the time Uncharted 3’s 20th anniversary comes around, its developers are ready to tell the whole truth of their game’s origin story. 

You just did man. Why the fuck you need to ruin your article with twitter bullet points?

« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 06:53:03 PM by Boredfrom »

Averon

« Reply #9532 on: December 10, 2021, 06:52:24 PM »
Oh they cool with Kanye again?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/drake-and-kanye-west-concert-will-be-streamed-live-on-amazon-prime-and-twitch-this-friday.524718/page-2

Little bit of discussion about this going on over in the Constructive thread, where the "why aren't we banning Kanye" talk went nowhere last time. Kanye still making them sooo tired:
With the current thread about his publicist threatening people, him platforming people like Marilyn Manson, Da Baby. And performing in a concert with people like Drake a known groomer... I figured this was good to bring up again.

We should not be having hype threads for a chud.
What does not allowing posting or threads about Kanye actually do though?  "Deplatforming" Joe Rogan or Shaprio is easy, nobody wanted tor really post about those guys anyway other than to shit on them.  But the vibe I get is that this is a road the forum sort of regrets going down, because it has turned big parts of this thread, for example, into calls to ban this person or that company.   If people are free to post about whatever Kanye does, but people are also free to counter those posts and bring up what a shit head Kanye is, is that not a better solution for a discussion forum?
Not at all.

Because it's fucking exhausting to the people who are constantly having to be like "hey, maybe don't talk about a chud" and then the other people in those threads just whole heartedly ignoring any post other than they're hype.

"Discussion" doesn't work when it can be easily ignored.
I mean, its not like threads about Kanye (especially positive ones) are popping up 3-4 times a day.  I don't understand why the existence of Kanye discussion on this forum is "exhausting".  Discussion should be able to be ignored, especially here.  Thats not a bad thing.  Not everyone has to engage with you just because you feel a certain way.  And I say this as someone who thinks Kanye completely fucking sucks as a person.
It's exhausting because it's the same people in those threads just hyping it all.

It's exhausting because while they don't pop up often, they often stay near the top.

I'd rather not have to go into a thread a few times a month to say "Hey, maybe we shouldn't promote a MAGA chud who promotes terrible people."

That's why we stop discussions of artists and creators.

Meanwhile, deplatforming discussion engine revving up for HP:
Quote from: Wanderer5
Honestly, if this site is going to keep banning hype threads for the Hogwarts game, then might as well extend that to the movies also (or the IP in general), especially when JK Rowling is directly involved.

Probably inspired by:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/first-look-at-fantastic-beasts-the-secrets-of-dumbledore-full-trailer-coming-monday-12-13.525729/post-78487539
Quote from: MinusTydus
I'm curious, perhaps a mod could explain?

Why do we have a total ban on discussion of the new HP game (which I agree with, btw fuck JKR) but discussion of the films which very much also fatten her purse is allowed?

Like, what's the difference?

On topic: The FB films are a boring slog you should avoid.

Amazing how so many of them are quickly abandoning the "ban every discussion of person/topic we deem are chuds" style of discourse the second they realized they'd have to stop talking about their favorite consumer product and/topic. An idiot could have told them banning discussion of people, topics, and companies the second it is fashionable to do so wasn't sustainable or healthy for a forum. Just another piece of evidence that their holier-than-thou act of allyship is purely performative and to keep up appearances. The second it inconvenience them, they change course easily.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #9533 on: December 10, 2021, 06:53:29 PM »

the lighter the skin, the more republi-kin  :doggy

Skin folk ain’t kin folk  :ufup
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9534 on: December 10, 2021, 07:14:13 PM »

As a Latino holy fuck lol

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #9535 on: December 10, 2021, 07:25:31 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #9536 on: December 10, 2021, 07:49:59 PM »
Latinx  :gamergate

Votar por Trump :trumps
🤴

BrokenVerses

« Reply #9537 on: December 10, 2021, 08:20:19 PM »
Latino civil rights organization drops 'Latinx' from official communication
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/latino-civil-rights-organization-drops-latinx-official-communication-rcna8203

Reset thread when?

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #9538 on: December 10, 2021, 08:44:31 PM »
ACABADABA

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/rdnvtk/sir_what_are_you_drinking/

ultimate badass or racist disrespecting da' man?

edit

sigh

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #9539 on: December 10, 2021, 09:48:38 PM »
Latino civil rights organization drops 'Latinx' from official communication
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/latino-civil-rights-organization-drops-latinx-official-communication-rcna8203

Reset thread when?

honestly if you're an organization catering to a particular group, you probably don't want to blindly refer to them as something the majority of them hate
:idont

imagine an urgent care call center for trans people calling itself Tr*nny Hotline, or a gay group called Fegs United
Uncle